PDA

View Full Version : Any way Lebron gets MVP again before winning a title?

JordansBulls
06-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Any way Lebron gets MVP again before winning a title?

Basically will he win his 3rd MVP next year, or will they wait until he gets a title before they vote him MVP again?

Thoughts!!!

R_O_W_E
06-19-2010, 12:50 PM
LeBron(barring injury) will win MVP every year for the next 5-10 years.

I dont see any way he doesn't with the way he plays during the regular season along with his popularity.

albertc86
06-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Yes. Duh. Because a regular season ends before the playoffs do. LeBron is the NBA's golden boy.

still1ballin
06-19-2010, 12:57 PM
I say Kevin Durant has a legit shot to win the MVP next year.

avrpatsfan

I dont see any way he doesn't with the way he plays during the regular season along with his popularity.
This.

defender4m
they name it before the playoffs end so yea

The Final Boss
06-19-2010, 01:07 PM
He can win as many MVP trophies as he wants. Lebron James will never win a ring. Take that to the bank.

R_O_W_E
06-19-2010, 01:07 PM

Not a chance.

30/7/9 >>>>>>>>>>> 30/8/3

If Durant puts up those numbers on the best team in the NBA, he'll have a shot. SVG was 100% right. The voters will continue to give it to LeBron because he is the best player in the NBA and he continues to have the best regular season performances.

sep11ie
06-19-2010, 01:09 PM
You should close your own thread here.

fadedmario
06-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Durant will win a title and a MVP before Lebron.

Kakaroach
06-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Well they do name it during the playoffs so I'm saying yes he will because I think he will win MVP again next season.

R_O_W_E
06-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Durant will win a title and a MVP before Lebron.

LeBron already has a MVP so :confused:

Durant will never win a title until he can get stronger. Put Pierce or Barnes on him for 7 games and hes playing as ****** as he did against LA.

hugepatsfan
06-19-2010, 01:15 PM
One has nothing to do with the other.

gerber
06-19-2010, 01:23 PM

hmmmm durrant will be hitting his prime in the next few years.

MaHaRaJaH
06-19-2010, 01:26 PM

This is why it's possible

OnslaughtXX6
06-19-2010, 01:27 PM

What does your sig mean?

R_O_W_E
06-19-2010, 01:33 PM
hmmmm durrant will be hitting his prime in the next few years.

What prime? His prime would mean for him to improve his all around game to go from scorer to all around offensive threat like Kobe/Jordan/LeBron. He also needs to add some more strength, its nothing wrong with being long and thin but he needs to get ripped. Durant right now falls in line with the elite scorers of the 80's. Hes gotta be a triple threat, use your handle drive the lane and have the ability to score or dish. He needs a good big man also.

Watching Artest put a body on him is like watching Logan Mankins block a toddler.

R_O_W_E
06-19-2010, 01:35 PM
What does your sig mean?

Look closer.

jackdawson
06-19-2010, 01:36 PM
MVP award a is lock for LeBron for next 8-9 years. May be Wade, Durant, Dwight will win some in the middle but LeBron will win 5/7 more mvps. Now for next season I don't know for sure untill he decides where he is heading towards.

OnslaughtXX6
06-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Look closer.

Got it.

Vidball
06-19-2010, 01:53 PM
MVP has become nothing more than putting up great numbers on a team with a lot of wins. It has nothing to do with who the best player actually is (for example, nobody ever considered Nash the best player in the NBA or Dirk better than Duncan). LeBron will continue to put up monster stats and will continue to win MVP. I bet he would trade his past and future MVP's for a couple Finals MVP's though.

JordansBulls
06-19-2010, 02:44 PM
No other player has gotten 3 mvp's before they won a title.

Kevj77
06-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Very good chance he wins it again next year. Durant has a shot though if he plays out of this world.

R_O_W_E
06-19-2010, 02:55 PM

LeBron is going to be the first.

He might just get 6 before he does. By the time he would get the 6th one he'd only be 29.:speechless:

CALIABQLKRS
06-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Better question should be.. How many PLAYOFF MVP titles will he have?? Thats the only one that matters..

Hoopsadvocate
06-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Better question should be.. How many PLAYOFF MVP titles will he have?? Thats the only one that matters..

There are no playoff MVP titles WTF league are u watching

jackdawson
06-19-2010, 03:43 PM

Doesn't solidify your argument. Assuming his team will be contending every year, he is a lock.

Avenged
06-19-2010, 03:46 PM
It's very possible.

Lebron will win an MVP next season unless he declines (which isn't going to happen). Winning an NBA Championship is kind of harder to predict since there are many teams who have a shot at winning it.

XerxestheGreat
06-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Lebron James = Dominique Wilkins

no rings!

CALIABQLKRS
06-19-2010, 03:59 PM
There are no playoff MVP titles WTF league are u watching

I shouldnt even respond to this.. But You know wtf im talking bout dont be a smart ***..
Either way Ms. Lebron has ZERO.. But maybe he can get on "So you think you can dance" and win a title there... ;)

sep11ie
06-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Look closer.

Can you guess which one I'd bang?

E.O.21
06-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Look closer.

what does it mean?
tell me dammit

The Jokemaker
I think Lebron will win it next year but Durant, Wade (if they get a max FA), Kobe, and Roy will make it interesting.

JasonJohnHorn
Sure. Especially if he leaves Cleveland and the team he is on (like NY, Chi-town or NJ) has a serious turnaround and becomes a contender, and he puts up likr 28-7-7-1-1 again and continues to improve upon his percentages.

James is the best player in the league. In terms of stats, you just cannot make an arguement for any other player (though stats arent everything), and you can go on aboue Kobe's 5 rings, but bottom line is, if LBJ as a rookie played with prime Shaq instead of Kobe as a rookie, the Lakers would have MORE titles and the Spurs would have less. And you put LBJ on a squad with Gasol, Odom, Bynum and Artest with Jackson coaching, and Boston is going to get swept!

The Cavs have put pieces around him, and have tried, but they just havent gotten the right one. Two good centers, sure, but aging ones. A good point guard? Yeah, but likely not even a top ten point guard in the league. One of the worst guard rotations in the league and rather than improving the shooting guard position at trade time, they get Jamison when they already have Anderson and Hickson?

So basically the Cavs have to aging vet at center, a great power forward rotation, the best starting SF in the league (who also happens to be the best player on the planet) and no backcourt so to speak of. If Mo Williams is your best backcourt player, then you are in trouble.

But James gets that team 60+ wins and puts up the best stats in the game. So yeah, he could easily win MVP next year.

The thing is, the voters tend to get bored of voting for the same people. Some might say that the season Nash was up for his third straight MVP was the season he deserved it most, but voters were tired of voting for him. MJ could have won ten straight MVP awards with the numbers he put up, but voters got tired of voting for him and guys like Hakeem, robinson and Malone would get the award in alternating seasons.

Ring or no ring, he is still the best in the game.

-Big-Baby-
06-19-2010, 04:13 PM
what does it mean?
tell me dammit

i don't know either lol, its bothering me!

E.O.21
06-19-2010, 04:14 PM
And yes he will win his 3rd straight mvp. He will also eventually get his rings (hes only 25)

How old were mj and shaq when they got his 1st ring??

ManRam
06-19-2010, 04:54 PM
You can be the best player in the league and not win a title, so I don't really understand this question.

Sly Guy
06-19-2010, 04:56 PM
yes. "Check his stats"

NBAfan4life
06-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Lebron James will win more MVP's than rings that is for sure. The only things that will prevent him from winning another MVP is injury or team record meaning if someone like durants tea finishes with the best record or lebrons team with like 5 or sixth best record. Otherwise he is a virtual lock IMO

dtmagnet
06-19-2010, 05:07 PM
100% yes.

ko8e24
06-19-2010, 05:28 PM
And yes he will win his 3rd straight mvp. He will also eventually get his rings (hes only 25)

How old were mj and shaq when they got his 1st ring??

It doesn't matter how old, it's after how many yrs of nba experience.

MJ got his first after 7 yrs, Shaq got his first after 8 yrs.

LeBron has already played 7 yrs, and his future his uncertain. We don't know who's he's gonna sign with. If it's Knicks, Bulls, Nets, or Clippers, it's gonna take another 3 yrs to build a team to a championship contender. Then, he will have finished 10 yrs in the association. If he stays with the Cavs, the way the team is built, they'll be contenders for only the next 2 yrs, but they'll be immediate contenders, unlike those other teams I just listed.

_KB24_
06-19-2010, 05:35 PM
He will be the favorite because he loves to put up numbers and is a stat whore. But I don't think he is going to a contender next year wherever he's going, and I expect Wade to get Bosh or Amare. So, I have Wade winning it next year. He better not end up getting screwed over like Kobe.

junion
06-19-2010, 05:47 PM
kevin durant will be runner up, but lebron can win it many times... because it's based on the regular season.

NBAfan4life
06-19-2010, 05:53 PM
It doesn't matter how old, it's after how many yrs of nba experience.

MJ got his first after 7 yrs, Shaq got his first after 8 yrs.

LeBron has already played 7 yrs, and his future his uncertain. We don't know who's he's gonna sign with. If it's Knicks, Bulls, Nets, or Clippers, it's gonna take another 3 yrs to build a team to a championship contender. Then, he will have finished 10 yrs in the association. If he stays with the Cavs, the way the team is built, they'll be contenders for only the next 2 yrs, but they'll be immediate contenders, unlike those other teams I just listed.

Any of those bolded teams plus Cavs I think they are contenders, if he signs. If he S&T that is another story

B.JenningsMVP
06-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Look closer.

I get your sig, I think..
They all have balls?

evadatam5150
06-19-2010, 05:56 PM

Dude still has to learn a ton of defense before he can win it.. One get's the MVP (for the exception of Nash) for being the Most Valuable player in the league and not because you score the most points.. The award has been severely tainted over the years and has really become the Most Popular Player award rather than the Most VALUABLE player award.. I still say Lebron has earned it for taking those scrubs (his team) to the best record the last 2 seasons.. I don't care what anyone say's, that's just a group of scrubs who have no business owning the best record in basketball.. My two cents..

RaiderLakersA's
06-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Between the way he plays and the love that he gets from the media, barring injury, LeBron should get it next year. However, I doubt that he wins a title next year, unless he signs with a presently existing championship contender.

Robbw241
06-19-2010, 06:02 PM
He'll win MVP next year but won't win the title. His situation reminds me of Alex Rodriguez and Kevin Garnett; probably won't win a title til the later part of his career when he joins a really good team.

evadatam5150
06-19-2010, 08:47 PM
LeBron is going to be the first.

He might just get 6 before he does. By the time he would get the 6th one he'd only be 29.:speechless:

I guess the wholly depends on where and what he does this off season doesn't it..??

RapOZo
06-19-2010, 11:09 PM
whatever his team is, has to do very very bad during regular season so they don't vote him as the MVP with those kind of stats he always be putting in

RaysFan
06-20-2010, 11:37 AM
He is the best player in the NBA...so yes, he has a great shot of winning the MVP award next year.

Winning a title is not an individual thing. Why don't NBA fans understand that? Teams win titles...not individuals. Cleveland has been 1 of the 3 or 4 best teams in the NBA over the last 2 years but they aren't there yet. If they get a better coach or if they improve their roster then maybe. If LeBron goes to a good team then maybe. But you need a great team to win a title.

lakerssssssss
06-20-2010, 07:21 PM
I don't get what one has to do with the other. MVp is about the regular season , not the playoffs. It should not make a difference whether or not Lebron wins a title, because mnp is not about the playoffs.

Bullsfan22
06-20-2010, 07:58 PM
He's the best individual player in the league rather you like him or not. When he gets a prime consistent all-star talent and good supporting cast he'll get his ring.

Tony_Starks
06-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Well since the MVP voting has become a joke of a popularity contest then yeah I guess he'll get a few more. Kobe is the best player in the game until he retires. Even the Celtics were acknowledging Kobe as the best and they had already shut down Lebron.

netsgiantsyanks
06-20-2010, 08:06 PM
as long as david stern is the comish, lebron james would win the mvp award until hes 55

poleandreel
06-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Well since the MVP voting has become a joke of a popularity contest then yeah I guess he'll get a few more. Kobe is the best player in the game until he retires. Even the Celtics were acknowledging Kobe as the best and they had already shut down Lebron.

haters ... gotta love em

E.O.21
06-20-2010, 09:36 PM
as long as david stern is the comish, lebron james would win the mvp award until hes 55

hater

blacknell
06-20-2010, 09:39 PM
yea if he plays lights out again

jtrinaldi
06-20-2010, 09:41 PM
If he goes to NY he will be mvp every year, as well as the only player to win the mvp 5 times and his team to get the 1st overall pick in consecutive years.

slack_justin
06-20-2010, 09:57 PM
of course he will. he could get mvp averaging 15 pts 3 rebs and 1 assist. he's lebron

jim51990
06-20-2010, 09:59 PM
he will most likely deserve it every year for the next ten years (if he doesnt get injured)

shep33
06-20-2010, 10:04 PM
He could get it 10 times, but if he doesn't win a ring, he'll be remembered more for not winning a ring than winning 10 MVPS, and its the sad truth. That's how the measuring scale for the all-time greats is, even though I dunno how much I agree with it cause heck, Malone, Stockton, Ewing, Barkley never won any rings.

But again, if he doesn't win rings, and I really dont know if 1 is gonna be enough for him to be considered top 10 all time, I think history will look back at him almost like the Dan Marino of basketball. He's still got a lot of time left thats for sure, but we'll see what happens.

Tony_Starks
06-20-2010, 10:29 PM
If players were allowed to choose the mvp he wouldn't get it. Most of them go on record as saying that other guy is the best.....

IndiansFan337
06-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Any way Lebron gets MVP again before winning a title?

Basically will he win his 3rd MVP next year, or will they wait until he gets a title before they vote him MVP again?

Thoughts!!!

He doesn't have to win a title before getting another MVP. Don't forget that the voting for MVP is conducted before the playoffs begin.

Anyhow, it will be extremely difficult for him to win the award for a 3rd consecutive year. He has very little room to improve his game and if he has a worse statistical season than he did in each of the past two years people will not want him to win it, even if those statistics are still the best in the NBA.

The Raven
06-21-2010, 05:57 AM
With the stats he puts up during the regular season, im sure of it

ThaRegul8r
06-21-2010, 06:48 AM
He could get it 10 times, but if he doesn't win a ring, he'll be remembered more for not winning a ring than winning 10 MVPS, and its the sad truth. That's how the measuring scale for the all-time greats is, even though I dunno how much I agree with it cause heck, Malone, Stockton, Ewing, Barkley never won any rings.

No one ever said they could potentially be the GOAT. Big difference.