PDA

View Full Version : Most Disappointing Team in the Playoffs?

ko8e24
06-19-2010, 12:37 AM
Of the 15 teams that did not win the NBA Championship, which team was the most disappointing team inthe playoffs?

I know a lot would probably say that Cavs because they have LeBron and couldn't get over the hump for 2 straight yrs. Some will say the Hawks because of the way they got ousted in the 2nd rd.

But to me, it was the Orlando Magic. This team last yr lost to the finals, and their goal was to get back to the finals. They made a horrible decision of not giving Hedo Turkoglu the $$$ he wanted and decided to trade (IMO a very serviceable PG and a guy who lead them thru the first 3 rds of the '09 playoffs, Rafer Alston) to New Jersey for Vince Carter. Carter didn't help the Magic at all in the playoffs, especially in the ECF. There were so many exectations of Jameer Nelson recovering from his shoulder injury, Dwight having 1 more yr of experience, and Orlando managing to sign Matt Barnes. They also managed to screw the Dallas Mavericks in two ways. First, prying away Brandon Bass, and 2nd, matching the offer to keep Marcin Gortat from going to Dallas. They had the deepest bench in the league.

And what was most disappointing to me is the lack of energy and sense of urgency that the Orlando Magic entered the 2010 ECF against the Celtics in game 1 @ Orlando. They know very well how they were able to take advantage of the 2009 Cavs (who swept the first 2 rounds and entered the ECF 8-0 before losing the 1st game of the series). Orlando, like Cleveland last yr, swept the first two rounds, lost homecourt advantage in the ECF. On top of that, they lost game 2 to go down 0-2 heading into Boston.

They know how a team can take advantage of the other team that has swept the first 2 rds of the playoffs and become overconfident, and Stan Van Gundy should have let his guys know that, and Vince Carter (since he's a vet).

So that is my argument for why I think the Orlando Magic was the most disappointing team in these playoffs.

Which team is your pick?

69centers
06-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Milwaukee. Disappointing that they couldn't come out in full force with Bogut injured. It could have been real interesting with him in the lineup.

ko8e24
06-19-2010, 12:40 AM
Milwaukee. Disappointing that they couldn't come out in full force with Bogut injured. It could have been real interesting with him in the lineup.

Expectations lowered because of the Bogut injury. They actually overachieved because in the series, they actually took a 3-2 lead against the Hawks before losing in 7.

Corey
06-19-2010, 12:41 AM
Expectations lowered because of the Bogut injury. They actually overachieved because in the series, they actually took a 3-2 lead against the Hawks before losing in 7.

Did you even read his post? He said that he was disappointed that the Bucks couldn't come out healthy, not their performance.

jimbobjarree
06-19-2010, 12:42 AM
Nuggets, getting beat by a Jazz team with no Memo or AK47 with homecourt advantage with the same team that went to the WCF less than a year beforehand

ko8e24
06-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Did you even read his post? He said that he was disappointed that the Bucks couldn't come out healthy, not their performance.

Yes, i understood, and I was agreeing with him.

Calm down.

NBAfan4life
06-19-2010, 12:45 AM
I have got to say the Cavs. Best record heavily favored to win it all up until the celtics got a lead on them. Did not even make it to the ecf let alone the finals in what will be huge if lebron leaves it will most likely be because of their playoff performance.

albertc86
06-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Hands down, it has to be the Cavaliers.

tdunk21
06-19-2010, 12:47 AM
the teams which failed to make it to the finals are the most disappointing teams.....whats there to discuss and open a new thread about it.....15 disappointed/disappointing playoff teams...thats it..../thread

ink
Hawks fizzled pretty badly. That was pretty surprising.

hugepatsfan
Celtics - so close yet so far

still1ballin
06-19-2010, 12:53 AM
Cavs

_KB24_
06-19-2010, 12:54 AM
Celtics - so close yet so far

They overachieved IMO because NO ONE in their right mind thought they would make it to the Finals in the beginning of the playoffs, not even their own fans.

Sadds The Gr8
06-19-2010, 12:55 AM
no poll? And it's easily Dallas.

hugepatsfan
06-19-2010, 12:56 AM
They overachieved IMO because NO ONE in their right mind thought they would make it to the Finals in the beginning of the playoffs, not even their own fans.

But they did and they lost a game 7. Celtics fans should be more dissapointed than any other fans. Now if the question was who was the biggest flop in the playoffs, the Celtics are at the bottom of that list.

Raptor-54
06-19-2010, 12:57 AM
I say it would be Miami...

krest213
06-19-2010, 01:16 AM
THE sPURS. WE GOT SWEPT. AFTER A HARD FOUGHT WITH DALLAS

ink
06-19-2010, 01:28 AM
I say it would be Miami...

No offense to Miami fans but I can't see how that was a disappointment. They knew that the lineup was just temporary until 2010 free agency and all they really had was DWade, so how is it disappointing that they were eliminated. I think they overachieved with their roster just to get the seed they got. Again, not intended as disrespect in any way.

Teeboy1487
06-19-2010, 01:28 AM
Dallas and Denver. A lot of people thought they were "threats" to the lakers but both had first round exits.

MELO 15
06-19-2010, 01:52 AM
Dallas and Denver. A lot of people thought they were "threats" to the lakers but both had first round exits.

Denver wasn't fully healthy in that game either & they dantly coaching, worked against the nuggets as we, they really missed karl out there, so the nuggets losing was a disappointment, it wasn't the biggest, it should be the cavs especially because of how they had the best record and people had already crowened them champs

stipe1280
06-19-2010, 01:53 AM

This.

yanks 4lif3
06-19-2010, 02:01 AM
1. Dallas
2. Cleveland
3. Orlando
4. Atlanta

RadiantShot
06-19-2010, 02:06 AM
...Not Orlando, that's for sure.
They (Boston) beat Cleveland, and nearly came close to beating LA, so I don't think you can say the most disappointing team was Orlando, after going 8-0, but falling short to former Champions, which at least resulted in 4-2, instead of 4-0.

Anyway, I'd go with Denver..They made it to the WCF last year, and fell short the first round...And to the Utah Jazz, 4-2.

hype707
06-19-2010, 02:07 AM
Nuggets, getting beat by a Jazz team with no Memo or AK47 with homecourt advantage with the same team that went to the WCF less than a year beforehand

x2

B.JenningsMVP
06-19-2010, 02:12 AM
Dallas
Cavs

Korman12
06-19-2010, 02:13 AM
I thought about this before too. For me, it comes down to Dallas and Orlando, with honorable mentions to Denver and Atlanta.

I'll say Dallas.

_KB24_
06-19-2010, 03:39 AM
Dallas, Cavs, Hawks, and even Orlando. They did disappointment. They played horribly in the early part of the Celtics series and really dug themselves to big of a hole. They were suppose to be title favorites along with the Lakers coming in, and all that vanished in the ECF.

heatbb
06-19-2010, 04:18 AM
imo it's Cavs and Mavs. Cavs were expected in the finals, Mavs atleast in conference finals. Both failed pathetically...

JNA17
06-19-2010, 04:50 AM
cavs and mavs no question

GspLAL
06-19-2010, 04:59 AM
I wouldn't put Denver in the discussion because they didn't have their coach and it really affected them, it was obvious. I would say Cavs and Mavs. I never thought Magic improved with Carter so I wasn't too surprised.

robdizzle3
06-19-2010, 05:03 AM

I was waiting for somebody to list them. It was talk right up to the playoffs, that they match up with the Lakers really well and would push them, but they got booted first round. Its clearly the Mavs.

nyyfan4life
06-19-2010, 05:18 AM
Nuggets, Mavs and the Magic, IMO. All three disappointed.

Suns, Celtics and Jazz impressed.

COBY KARL
06-19-2010, 06:08 AM
No doubt the Cavs and Mavs

Cavs - best record in the league with the two time MVP. losing two games at home and not being able to take the celts to a game 7
Mavs - on paper, one of the most talented teams in the league. Kidd, Terry, Butler, Marion, Nowitizki, Haywood. the team that the majority of experts chose to be in the WCF and the one team that scared me the most of challenging the Lakers.

kurivaimu
06-19-2010, 06:10 AM
Mavs

Kyben36
06-19-2010, 06:26 AM
The cavs, they where the best team in the NBA, everyone was raving how James would get his first tittle, not.

magichatnumber9
06-19-2010, 07:39 AM
The Bulls.

ragee
06-19-2010, 07:52 AM
They made a horrible decision of not giving Hedo Turkoglu the $$$ he wanted

Dude, have you seen Hedo in Toronto??? Sure, Carter didn't do $#!t but I think letting Hedo go rather than paying him was a good choice... Toronto will be in deep trouble with his contract getting bigger every year...

The most disappointing team for me is the Dallas Mavericks... We were a lot when we got Haywood and Butler... No way in hell did we think it would just be another 1st round exit... What made it worse was the Spurs got swept the following round... I thought the reason the Mavs lost was people underestimated the Spurs again and they were on a title run again...

sventhedog
06-19-2010, 08:23 AM
cavs?? if they handed the title to the best team of the regular season, they would certainly get it. but if they had an award for "best in choking", lebron would've gotten that too.

The Raven
06-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Cavs-best record in the NBA along with the two time MVP. They choked hard when it mattered.

Denver- had a first round exit when they had high expectations to at least challenge the lakers for the western conference championship

LALakersKC
06-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Cavs and Mavs.

JasonJohnHorn
06-19-2010, 10:28 AM
obviously the Cavs and the Magic are going to be disapointed. Both were legit contenders and neither even got to the finals. But I think there are other teams who are likely equally disapointed.

Atlanta for one. They might not have expected to get to the finals, but I think there were at least expecting to put up a fight in the second round or even get to the ECF and give teams like the Cavs and Magic a run. But they were swept out of the playoffs for the second straight year indicating that though they had more W's in the regular season, they were still far from really competing.

I think the Jazz also have cause to be disapointed. They did have some injuries, but this squad made the WCF a couple years back (in part due to favourable seeding) and have yet to repeat a playoff run as deep and were themselves swept out of the playoffs.

And the Mavs... well, i think they were expecting much more than a first round elimination. Cuban, Dirk, the Mavs and many Mavs fan believed that this was the best Mavs squad they had ever put together, and since they had made the finals once a couple seasons back, I think they were expecting no less than a 7 game series in the WCF and maybe even a shot at the title. First round elimination by a team that got swept in the next round by a team that themselves lost in the next round... that puts Dallas pretty low on the ladder.

Its hard to say which one would be the biggest disapointment, but those would be the biggest in my opinion.

avrpatsfan
06-19-2010, 10:47 AM
How are the Celtics disappointing? Anyways it's the Cavs. Best regular season record then out in the 2nd round.

netsgiantsyanks
06-19-2010, 10:57 AM
cleveland because of well lebron

kingkenny01
milwaukee but it's understandable because of bogut
and the cavs sad for lebron

Robbw241
Jazz because Jimbob got me believing they could win it all or even make it interesting against the Lakers

PrettyBoyJ
06-19-2010, 11:09 AM
It has to be btwn the Cavs and the Mavs.. this was suppose to be LeBron year finally getting his ring which didnt happen.. And the Mavs was suppose to beat the Lakers with the addition of Caron Butler that didnt happen..

krest213
06-19-2010, 11:11 AM
F errbody who don't think the Spurs did.
the Spurs still Don't get No love.
wait till we take the title back in 2011

Slimsim
06-19-2010, 11:22 AM
It has to be btwn the Cavs and the Mavs.. this was suppose to be LeBron year finally getting his ring which didnt happen.. And the Mavs was suppose to beat the Lakers with the addition of Caron Butler that didnt happen..

this

NYMetros
06-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Cavs

This is the only correct response. Do you all forget that 99% of all NBA fans thought the Cavs would make the finals again, or at the very least make it to the ECF?

NYKstateOFmind
06-19-2010, 01:13 PM
I would have to say the magic for me

Kakaroach
06-19-2010, 01:17 PM
It has to be the Cavs. Many people's pick to go the Finals and then was bounced in the second round. The Mavs are right up there too cuz they got bounced in the first round.

I'd also say the Bobcats. So many experts had them going to a 7 game series or even upset with the Magic but they got swept. And of course the Hawks going to a 7 game series against the Bucks without Bogut and then getting swept.

Lakersho
06-19-2010, 01:47 PM
...i have to agree: if bogut wasn't hurt who knows how far they could've gott'en...

Hawks fizzled pretty badly. That was pretty surprising.
...they were awful , played with no heart...

I have got to say the Cavs. Best record heavily favored to win it all up until the celtics got a lead on them. Did not even make it to the ecf let alone the finals in what will be huge if lebron leaves it will most likely be because of their playoff performance.

...CAVS hands down really sucked , best reg. season numbers top seed in all n.b.a. and played like an 8th or 9th seed , they should be ashamed of thier self. and miss me with the support cast stuff, they had the best record and even rested players 4 or 5 games . CAVS where over hyped and NO HEART happens...

Lakersho
06-19-2010, 01:56 PM
cavs?? if they handed the title to the best team of the regular season, they would certainly get it. but if they had an award for "best in choking", lebron would've gotten that too.

...M.V.P. award with the guy gettin the hymlec done on him... how funny...

spurs21
06-19-2010, 02:01 PM
definitely the hawks and the nuggets because the hawks really showed that they were a season team not a playoff team and they didn't even win one away game. i give some sympathy to the nuggets because they were really lost without their coach and showed how important it is without a good coach.

CowboysKB24
06-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Cavs

SA5195
06-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Hawks. They just sucked.