PDA

View Full Version : Boston Celtics franchise has raised in reputation in the eyes of the NBA World

ko8e24
06-18-2010, 04:28 PM
To enter a game 7 on the road for a championship, with your starting center and defensive anchor down, and to have a double digit lead early on in the game, and then have the game slip away, and put up one of the greatest fights and physical tough defensive clinics in NBA finals history is for me, what has raised the reputation of the Boston Celtics in my eyes (And I'm a Laker fan).

This is the one NBA Finals "non-winner" that went down with a fight, and I think all NBA fans appreciate the greatness of the Boston Celtics.

The Boston Celtics are one of two teams that set the standard for team excellence, team unity, elitism of franchise, championship defense etc.

I still hate the Boston Celtics with passion as a Lakers fan, but my respect for its franchise has risen. And I'm sure other Lakers fans feel the same way, and other NBA fans, that have hated the Celtics, will agree with me here as well.

So in this thread, to all NBA fans out there, let's talk about what we appreciated about the 2009-2010 Boston Celtics.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2010, 04:40 PM
There's no second place trophy. Besides, BOS didn't show anything they have not shown in the past 3 years. This thread is destined to be closed because of trolls anyway. lol

avrpatsfan
06-18-2010, 04:57 PM
close this thread please , the better team did not win.
Uh yes the better team won.

GSW Hoops
06-18-2010, 06:28 PM
2 4 6 8 who do we appreciate? Boston, Boston yayyyy

carter15
06-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Your eyes = the eyes of the NBA World?

Kakaroach
06-18-2010, 06:42 PM
I think Boston does deserve props. Everyone had counted them out and they had made it oh so close to winning another NBA championship. Yes they didn't win, but they still proved a lot of doubters wrong and not many people will doubt them next season. Or at least the shouldn't.

sep11ie
06-18-2010, 06:44 PM
There's no second place trophy. Besides, BOS didn't show anything they have not shown in the past 3 years. This thread is destined to be closed because of trolls anyway. lol

Didn't take long.

jojoe1188
06-18-2010, 06:44 PM
considering what everyone thought the celtics would do heading into the playoffs it was a pretty remarkable run. beating wade, lebron, and howard, the latter two without homecourt advantage, is a feat in itself. i just wish perkins wasn't out for game 7 and most of game 6. not saying they would have won because of him, but i tend to think that some of those laker offensive rebounds that kept them in the game in the first half would have gone the other way

Strumpy
06-18-2010, 06:55 PM
I absolutely loved watching the Celtics this year.
They wanted to be the villian, wanted to be the most hated team in basketball, and boy, did they deliver.
Every game you see KG drop the f-bomb at least a few times.
Every game you could hear Sheed screaming "Ball Don't lie!" after every foul he picked up.
Every game, Kendrick Perkins looked like he was going to kill someone at one point during the game.

Thank you Boston, for an entertaining season. :clap:

USMCLaker
06-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Props to the celtics.

hugepatsfan
06-19-2010, 12:29 AM
I absolutely loved watching the Celtics this year.
They wanted to be the villian, wanted to be the most hated team in basketball, and boy, did they deliver.
Every game you see KG drop the f-bomb at least a few times.
Every game you could hear Sheed screaming "Ball Don't lie!" after every foul he picked up.
Every game, Kendrick Perkins looked like he was going to kill someone at one point during the game.

Thank you Boston, for an entertaining season. :clap:

I loved their cockiness/arrogance. I thought they acted like bullies, and that was fun to see.

heathonater
06-19-2010, 04:33 AM
they have had a great run these past few years, but with age and free agency coming up for some key players, i dont see them playing in the finals next season.

JNA17
06-19-2010, 04:44 AM
celtics put up a great war

DengelBerry
06-20-2010, 09:14 AM
celtics put up a great war

Agreed.