PDA

View Full Version : NBA.com: Allen Iverson is working on a comeback

Pages : [1] 2

gwrighter
06-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Gary Moore, Iverson's personal manager, said that Iverson is planning a return to the NBA next season. Iverson returned to the Philadelphia 76ers in December and took a leave of absence in March because of family issues.

"Allen is working out and he's getting himself prepared to make his return," Moore said by phone Friday. "He absolutely will try and play next year."

Iverson left the Sixers to deal with an undisclosed illness of his 4-year-old daughter, Messiah.

"With God's graces, she's doing very well," Moore said.

Iverson has not talked publicly since ending his second stint with the Sixers. Iverson's wife, Tawanna, filed for divorce the same week he left Philadelphia. He posted messages on his Twitter account in March telling fans he expected to overcome the most recent obstacles in his life.

Iverson's most recent Twitter updates were promotions for his basketball camp in July and his documentary "Deconstructing Allen Iverson." Moore said the film could be released in the fall.

Iverson was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1996 draft and spent his first 10 seasons in Philadelphia. He won the MVP in 2001 when he led the Sixers to the finals.

Sixers president Ed Stefanski said on an NBA.com chat this week the team was "not aware of what his plans are for the future."

Iverson, who turned 35 on June 7, was a four-time scoring champion and averaged 26.7 points in a 14-year career with the Sixers, Denver, Detroit and Memphis. He failed to win a championship.

Iverson made a tearful return to Philadelphia eager to prove he wasn't finished after disastrous stints in Detroit and Memphis. He returned to a sold-out crowd dotted with No. 3 jerseys, but he only showed flashes of his former playmaking self when he ruled the NBA as one of the best guards around.
"Allen wants to come and help a team win a championship, which he's completely capable of doing," Moore said.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/06/18/iverson.return.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

1. Do you think he can make a successful comeback?
2. If he does comes back, do you think he can contribute to a championship team?
3. If so, Which team would be the most likely to pick him up?

The_Jamal
06-18-2010, 02:29 PM
1. If he can accept a role of being a bench player, then yes he can make a nice comeback

2. Of course, any team would love his spark off the bench

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 02:29 PM
I would love seeing him come off the bench. I love AI.

He needs to accept that role, though. He's not starting, period.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-18-2010, 02:32 PM
1. Off the bench

2. Yea but he gotta realize he's not #1

3. The Knicks. Cuz he'll be getting like 20 PPG there and he'll feel like his career is rejuvenated.

Hellcrooner
06-18-2010, 02:34 PM
if he accepts he

1 is her to play 25 minutes per game

2 he is here to deffend , work his arse on defense

3 he is here to pass the abll

4 Kobe its first

5 Pau its second

6 Drew and odom eat third.

7 He ieats last, his thing is passing and deffending.

8 he is getting 5 or 6 touches a game AT MOST
The yes, Bring him to L.a

justinnum1
06-18-2010, 02:39 PM
:horse:

blah-blah
06-18-2010, 02:42 PM
no ones gona want to sign him

td0tsfinest
06-18-2010, 02:43 PM
I just hope he could finish his career on a high note. He was such a good player in this league, one my favourites growing up. It'll be sad to see me going out by being waived.

Hellcrooner
I think he could play for Cai Zaragoza on spanish league and be the man tough:p

IversonIsKrazy
Please AI, hang it up. Your career is just going to finish even worse, unless u play OFF THE BENCH as a 6th man for a championship team.

gwrighter
06-18-2010, 02:45 PM
no ones gona want to sign him

Iverson still has mass appeal which is good for marketing. I think a team won't offer him more then the MLE. It really depends on iversons psychoanalysis if you ask me. I think his time off has hopefully made him a little more humble.

Ray_R
06-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Someone will offer him something mayb just to sell some tickets

GSW Hoops
06-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Lakerzzzz backup PG: Allen Iverson.

Sadds The Gr8
06-18-2010, 03:00 PM
he can be a sick 6th man i think....like Crawford, JR Smith, Jason Terry, etc...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
if he accepts he

4 Kobe its first

5 Pau its second

Never ever gonna happen:facepalm:

gwrighter

That would be soo sick to watch. damn.

Hustlenomics
06-18-2010, 03:11 PM
he could've still been a starter in this league but the media tore him apart and got everyone thinkin hes useless ..dude should just stay away from this bs

dfritz03
06-18-2010, 03:16 PM
my prediction where he's going... 6th man.. where he was supposed to go years ago.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/allen%20iverson%20boston%20celtics/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/zz%20Fantasy/Allen%20Iverson/-iverson.jpg

GSW Hoops
06-18-2010, 03:22 PM
That would be soo sick to watch. damn.

Artest passes to Iverson for three...YES!

GSW Hoops
06-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Anyone think Iverson would be a great addition to the Spurs? They're a team in need of instant offense off the bench--if only Iverson would agree to be the 6th or 7th man. This makes sense especially if Parker goes.

gwrighter
06-18-2010, 03:24 PM
my prediction where he's going... 6th man.. where he was supposed to go years ago.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/allen%20iverson%20boston%20celtics/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/zz%20Fantasy/Allen%20Iverson/-iverson.jpg

Playing for boston would be interesting as well because we all know iverson can hit those jumpers as opposed to rondo. Definitely an upgrade from nate robinson.

gwrighter
06-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Anyone think Iverson would be a great addition to the Spurs? They're a team in need of instant offense off the bench--if only Iverson would agree to be the 6th or 7th man. This makes sense especially if Parker goes.

I was thinking maybe he would be good on orlando. He would probably have more of an impact on the second unit then Jwill. He would also be playing with some pretty good players in the second unit which would be good for his confidence and his temperament.

levignjw
06-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Scrub.

Hustlenomics
06-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Scrub.

^dumb@ss

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-18-2010, 03:43 PM
lakers backup pg..if he's willing to come off bench and pass the ball

Rivera
06-18-2010, 03:46 PM

2. If he does comes back, do you think he can contribute to a championship team?

1. yes

2. yes 6man

3. Celtics!!!! another old player late in his career joing the celtics!!!

gwrighter
06-18-2010, 03:48 PM
lakers backup pg..if he's willing to come off bench and pass the ball

one thing that i just thought of is that the Pg's on the lakers don't get too many touches on offense, they serve a more defensive role as the offense is ran through kobe. I don't think iverson has the body to defend at a high lvl anymore.

Hellcrooner
06-18-2010, 03:49 PM
if he accepts the minumum ould be a nice replacemente for allen in celtics

awmathewsjr
06-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Championship contenders don't want Iverson

gwrighter
06-18-2010, 03:57 PM
^ i could see KG, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce integrating allen iverson into the team nicely. seeing as how they took nate robinson on and turned him into an under-control pretty decent back-up pg.

Statik1
06-18-2010, 03:57 PM
What team in their right mind that is building a championship team would want to sign a guy like this.

Dont get me wrong I loved watching him play he took the 76ers to the championship on his back. But his style of play isn't going to help anyone.... His style is pure entertainment.

still1ballin
06-18-2010, 03:58 PM
no thanks

awmathewsjr
06-18-2010, 04:12 PM
^ i could see KG, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce integrating allen iverson into the team nicely. seeing as how they took nate robinson on and turned him into an under-control pretty decent back-up pg.

Yeah but I dnt think the Celts would mess up their chemistry like that. Because Iverson has yet to realize that he is no longer the man

ko8e24
06-18-2010, 04:18 PM
AI, look what Ron-Ron did, and look how he shined in the final game of the biggest stage to earn his championship.

Give up your ego you prick and come sign with the lakers so that you can retire with at least 1 championship!

Hustlenomics
06-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah but I dnt think the Celts would mess up their chemistry like that. Because Iverson has yet to realize that he is no longer the man

guess you didnt watch him when he came back to the 76ers lol people just listen to the media

levignjw
06-18-2010, 04:29 PM
What team in their right mind that is building a championship team would want to sign a guy like this.

Dont get me wrong I loved watching him play he took the 76ers to the championship on his back. But his style of play isn't going to help anyone.... His style is pure entertainment.

Amen sir.

Cash
06-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Celtics would definetly look at him. Despite his age, he is probably more explosive off the bench than Nate is.

PHX2daDEATH
06-18-2010, 05:05 PM

...What league were you watching??? if you meant eastern conference championship forgive me..

I don't see him going to a contender.. not after what happened in Detroit where he basically tore the team apart, if I had to pick a good team he would end up on is cancelled out because they have enough guards as it is and thats Dallas..

gwrighter
06-18-2010, 05:26 PM
...What league were you watching??? if you meant eastern conference championship forgive me..

I don't see him going to a contender.. not after what happened in Detroit where he basically tore the team apart, if I had to pick a good team he would end up on is cancelled out because they have enough guards as it is and thats Dallas..

Come on dude be real. no team in the western conference beat the lakers. the sixers were the only team to beat the Lakers in the playoffs that season.

This was his coming down stage. He was riding on such a high horse his whole career and to be told one thing and then be placed in a different situation is devastating. That would be a tough pill to swallow for a guy of AI's status at the time.

I think that a humble and re-focused AI can bring you at the very least a supreme scoring threat and post-season experience.

OA SLAY
06-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Magic gonna need a backup 1&2?

Kakaroach
06-18-2010, 06:51 PM
I just don't see anyone picking him up, even if he is good enough to be a starter again. If he is finally willing to come off of the bench, I could see a lot of playoff teams going after him.

kblo247
06-18-2010, 06:57 PM
I think he would fit with Utah best in all honesty as their Fisher replacement. He could start at SG and move to PG for stretches when Deron needs rest. Plus Sloan is the type of hard *** coach he needs.

He could also be the Raptors starting SG because he is just better than anyone they got at that spot.

OT Thriller
06-18-2010, 07:00 PM
For some reason I see him going to the knicks.

JayAllDay
06-18-2010, 07:01 PM
if he accepts he

4 Kobe its first

5 Pau its second

So you don't need him. Y'all stick with Farmar.
Why even bother?

3RDASYSTEM
06-18-2010, 07:21 PM
1. If he destroyed Detroits team why did they fire CURRY after one season? Since when did a player get a coached fire that didnt have any pull with the GM/Owner and the trade was for cap space so we all knew AI wasnt returning....so why not stick with CURRY(cuz he cant coach)? It's funny how no one remembers they had the 4th seed at one time that season and they fell off cuz Curry lied to RIP/AI about stuff the media barely covers or dont at all.....you either conform or get destroyed or both

2. He just avg 14pts with no plays ran for him and played like 28minutes per so thats still productive no matter how ya look at it,and hes ''old'' by basketball terms so his greatness can never be tainted, its well documented how he put it down on the court 97-08(top 3 most individual talent to ever hit hardwood along with Jordan/LeBron and quote me on it,remember its a ''team'' sport)...its ''media'' documented on being a bad teammate and the rest of the garbage they brainwashed ya to believe but if you talk to E.Snow/L.Brown they say the complete opposite of media and guess what...they played/coached for 6yrs with AI so thats who i believe til further notice....and Sixers fired Jordan after one yr and it was all AI's fault i suppose...its cool to spit out opinions,but its even better to deal with facts..or hear it from the horses mouth

3. If he signed with the Knicks he would get 22ppg and 6apg in that Mike D system ..if he got his 36plus minutes per..not too shabby for a 15yr vet,thats a career yr for most in any time of career

jackdawson
06-18-2010, 08:04 PM
nvm..

jackdawson
06-18-2010, 08:06 PM
if he accepts he

4 Kobe its first

5 Pau its second

ENGLISH writing at it's best:rolleyes:

Team*Chicago
06-18-2010, 08:24 PM

1. No
2. No
3. Probaly the Knicks since his name is still alive.

ShakeN'Bake
06-18-2010, 09:20 PM
ENGLISH writing at it's best:rolleyes:

English probably isn't his first language as I believe he is from Spain.

Dieselpi
06-18-2010, 09:36 PM
1. Off the bench

2. Yea but he gotta realize he's not #1

3. The Knicks. Cuz he'll be getting like 20 PPG there and he'll feel like his career is rejuvenated.

lol what do you base your minutes projection with the knicks on?

PrettyBoyJ
06-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Honestly I think he still has tht "Im the man" mentality.. right now he prob thinking of being a second option on a new team which isnt what anyone needs

JNA17
06-19-2010, 04:56 AM
nooooo. stop coming back.....just retire before u screw up your career even more :(

NYKalltheway
06-19-2010, 05:24 AM
I say he will sign for the Nets. They really seem to want "commercial" players

The Raven
06-19-2010, 07:27 AM
I dont even see why he's coming back. he refuses to be anything less than a starter and at his age and what he has left to offer, thats not going to happen.

A. Unless he comes off the bench which i doubt he will, the answer is NO

A. I think he can be a hell of a spark OFF THE BENCH for a team that needs a scoring threat off the bench.

A. Dont really know nor do i think he should even be coming back

sventhedog
06-19-2010, 09:15 AM
i feel bad for the team he's going to play for. say goodbye to passing.

SeoulBeatz
06-19-2010, 03:15 PM
I fully supported Iverson coming back to the Sixers last year and although he went out with some controversy, he completely changed his game and had a pass-first mentality and played only 20 mins a game. He let the offense come to him and he was definitely a different player even though the media wants u to think otherwise.

Sixers fans will agree with me, he definitely had a different mentality, ignorant fans will probably say otherwise but i watched him play last year, unlike you :)

check out his 2009-10 highlights, he's still got something in the tank and his passing is on point.

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/sixers/2010/06/01/200910iverson2mov-1334830/

he realizes his time is almost up and he will accept a 6th man role somewhere no doubt, if someone wants him....

Akshay
06-19-2010, 09:23 PM
I could see that happen, as he is still a decent player, and could add some extra points from the bench, he could be a solid 10 pts/5 ast player per game.

fadedmario
06-19-2010, 09:41 PM
He's garbage. He's selfish. He makes whatever team he's playing on worse. It's not 2001. The AI show is over.

BAMF
06-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Have u guys watched him play for the sixers last season?? Stop saying he's selfish, god i hate how the media,has molded your minds. Wake up and see for yourself before u judge him.

fadedmario
06-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Have u guys watched him play for the sixers last season?? Stop saying he's selfish, god i hate how the media,has molded your minds. Wake up and see for yourself before u judge him.

I got season tickets. I got to see AI play in 27 games for Detroit. He's terrible. Ugly jumpshot, no defense, and has lost more than one step. He is even a risk as just a role player. Garbage.

Hustlenomics
06-19-2010, 10:09 PM
i got season tickets. I got to see ai play in 27 games for detroit. He's terrible. Ugly jumpshot, no defense, and has lost more than one step. He is even a risk as just a role player. Garbage.

+1

AI4MVP
06-19-2010, 10:48 PM

:clap:

DenButsu
06-20-2010, 02:54 AM

1. If by "comeback" he means play a limited role off the bench and not a major role as a starter, then I could see it. But I would still question his willingness to accept that until he proved it.

2. Obviously the Cs didn't win the championship, but I could see Iverson playing a similar role in helping a team that Nate played for Boston this postseason.

3. Any team not named the Denver Nuggets.

robdizzle3
06-20-2010, 03:38 AM
He's not gonna go to the Nets or any team like that. He wants a title, so teams like LA, Boston, Orlando, SAS, PHX, which would fit him rather well and the team that signs both Bosh and Lebron, if that does indeed happen.

Swashcuff
06-20-2010, 11:38 AM
if he accepts he

4 Kobe its first

5 Pau its second

I really hope he can.... I mean right now I feel like Gary Payton anywhere A.I. goes Im happy once he gets a ring. Lol

Swashcuff
06-20-2010, 11:42 AM

X1000000000000

He has been stuck with the selfish logo and there's no way he'll get away from that. But any player that has watched A.I. play over the years KNOWS that he is a fantastic team player (when the team is playing well). When his team is losing he presses and feels he can do everything. The dude will never get credit for what he does because of the person that he is. Its the sad truth.

Swashcuff
06-20-2010, 11:44 AM
I fully supported Iverson coming back to the Sixers last year and although he went out with some controversy, he completely changed his game and had a pass-first mentality and played only 20 mins a game. He let the offense come to him and he was definitely a different player even though the media wants u to think otherwise.

Sixers fans will agree with me, he definitely had a different mentality, ignorant fans will probably say otherwise but i watched him play last year, unlike you :)

check out his 2009-10 highlights, he's still got something in the tank and his passing is on point.

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/sixers/2010/06/01/200910iverson2mov-1334830/

he realizes his time is almost up and he will accept a 6th man role somewhere no doubt, if someone wants him....

Great post..... its so true but no one even cared to watch him and be optimistic they are stuck in their.... "he's a selfish thug who doesn't practice and beats his wife mind frame".... that's their opinion and they are entitled to it but they are wrong. 100% wrong.

Swashcuff
06-20-2010, 11:46 AM
^dumb@ss

x2

fadedmario
06-20-2010, 04:39 PM
X1000000000000

He has been stuck with the selfish logo and there's no way he'll get away from that. But any player that has watched A.I. play over the years KNOWS that he is a fantastic team player (when the team is playing well). When his team is losing he presses and feels he can do everything. The dude will never get credit for what he does because of the person that he is. Its the sad truth.

:facepalm::facepalm:. He terrible.

DengelBerry
06-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I thought this was a joke at first.

awmathewsjr
06-21-2010, 10:09 AM
guess you didnt watch him when he came back to the 76ers lol people just listen to the media

Nope, nobody did with the exceptions of Pennsylvania and Virginia. But I did see where he quit on Phili, the same way he quit on Memphis, the same way he quit on Detroit, the same way he quit on Denver, which just happened to be the same way he quit on Phili the first time. Are you starting to see a trend here?

Rentzias
06-21-2010, 10:15 AM
I've only called two players "my favorite": Jordan and Iverson. He is an all-offense, off the bench option right now. If you think he was a "great defender," you're sorely mistaken. He was a gambler, which resulted in the high number of steals, but I can't count the number of times he gambled, lost, and left his team short handed.

If he accepts that he'll be Jason Terry/Mark Aguirre for a team, like everyone else said, then he MAY help a team win a championship.

E.O.21
06-21-2010, 01:55 PM
I got season tickets. I got to see AI play in 27 games for Detroit. He's terrible. Ugly jumpshot, no defense, and has lost more than one step. He is even a risk as just a role player. Garbage.

:facepalm::facepalm: Your garbage

xbrackattackx
06-21-2010, 02:05 PM
I want him to make a comeback at least 2 seasons.

Hustlenomics
06-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Nope, nobody did with the exceptions of Pennsylvania and Virginia. But I did see where he quit on Phili, the same way he quit on Memphis, the same way he quit on Detroit, the same way he quit on Denver, which just happened to be the same way he quit on Phili the first time. Are you starting to see a trend here?

he didn't quit on philly..lol u clown and he got traded from denver ..wow :facepalm:

awmathewsjr
06-22-2010, 09:54 AM
he didn't quit on philly..lol u clown and he got traded from denver ..wow :facepalm:

Picking up your ball and going home is not the only way to quit. The 2nd time he was in Philly he asked to be released to handle family matters=QUIT. In Memphis he asked to be released because of the role he had=QUIT. In Detroit, while still playing for the Pistons he stated "I'd rather retire than to come off of the bench for this team"=QUIT. In Denver he was stripped of his captain status because he felt that he didn't need to play preseason games, so he got mad and stop shooting the ball, taking only 13 shots a game right before he was traded=QUIT. The first time he was in Philly he got so upset that the Front Office got on his a*s for missing team events amongst other distractions that he demanded a trade=QUIT.
Any Questions?

DenButsu
06-22-2010, 10:04 AM
AI didn't really quit in Denver - he just didn't play nearly as well as we'd hoped, especially in the postseason, which ultimately was the entire reason for picking him up, to help Melo get out of the first round.

S-Dot
06-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Unless he truly changes his mentality of being the star of the team, I really can't think of a team where he would fit in well.

Raoul Duke
06-22-2010, 10:30 AM
The only way his stay in Detroit could have been more of a disappointment is if he would've showed up at my house and kicked me in the nuts, then wiped his *** with my Chauncey jersey.

albertc86
06-22-2010, 10:38 AM
I knew he'd be back. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise. The guy loves basketball too much and has entirely too much pride to walk away he did.

3RDASYSTEM
06-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Michael Jordan demanded BULLS management to choose between KRAUSE and him/PHIL after final title in 98....they said they would bring KRAUSE/PHIL back...JORDAN quit...how is walking away from a situation not quitting?

SHAQ wanted to have the bright HOLLYWOOD lights, he quit on ORLANDO for 120+million reason,but he QUIT

KOBE quit in game 7 of playoffs few yrs back...but is considered CHAMPION..but he QUIT

IVERSON told PHILLY coach that they should change the style of play and go more uptempo and they told the media he demanded a trade and then to top it off when they trade him to DEN, they go to uptempo style of OFF.....im not going to get into the MEMPHIS/DET stuff cause its obvious nobody does homework around here, listenin to your buddy who listens to ESPN is not the way to go.....its just like the stupid RING thing to be considered with the all time greats...i guess SASHA VUJAJIC/MBENGA/WALTON is all time greats cuz they got rings along with KERR/WENNINGTON/PURDUE...they all better than AI/STOCKTON/NASH and whoever else doesnt have a RING...

Iverson is easily top 10 to do it....he was LEBRON before LEBRON(lil version)
1. Best athlete when he came in.. but he's more mentally/physically tougher..at 150lbs only ones with more physical ability i can think of is JAMES/AMARE and they considered BIG MEN by NBA standards...AI is barely 5'11...One of the best quotes ever came from the late great head coach CHUCK DALY a while back when that 96 rookie class came in, he said ''AI is the closest to JORDAN mentally/competiveness'' ..it was over my head back then but now i truly understand what he means and he's right....

2. Tatts/headband...he carried that cross for LEBRON...all the talent in the world to win multi titles but did thangs his way instead of conformin to STERN/corporate NBA...do people understand AI could have went pro in the 3 major sports(NFL/NBA/MLB)? Thats what i call incredible 5star talent..not NBA talent jus amazing pure natural sports talent

3. The Sixer franchise took his talent for granted... because my core of DIRK/AI/TMAC or PIERCE/AI/TMAC would be primed for multi ECF runs and best believe we'd sniff a few FINALS...but i think people on here would have took VAN HORN/L.HUGHES, and just to think they had the early versions of B.BOWEN/STACKHOUSE...they had they D.STOPPER/6TH MAN and didnt even realize it...then L.BROWN takes over and since he's a DEF.minded type coach so he took a guy who could drop 40/50 any given nite and rode him and tricked everyone into thinking he needed to play with DEF.minded role players..but not one time did anyone say L.BROWN is crazy for riding a under 6feet undersized scoring machine who played hurt/harder than the rest all the way to the FINALS,plus he coached 6yrs so that body of work is more concrete so people tend to think of AI during BROWN tenure...broken body and all still dropped damn near 36ppg against L.A in 01...wat he did for 10yrs in Sixerville KOBE cried in like 2/3 yrs after SHAQ got traded,yall remember when he threw everybody under the bus,now if AI would have done that he would be in a cave over in PAKISTAN some damn where...now whos the man and whos the mouse?

4. How can a franchise use you for 10yrs then say you're a cancer...i would think the front office is the cancer cause they cant build around a allworld Superstar talent

JayW_1023
06-22-2010, 11:44 AM
The people who think AI can suddenly become a 20 plus point scorer again they are delusional. His approach to playing basketball isn't winning basketball. There was a point where he had a Kobe like status, but unlike Kobe he never matured.

DenButsu
06-22-2010, 12:04 PM
The people who think AI can suddenly become a 20 plus point scorer again they are delusional. His approach to playing basketball isn't winning basketball. There was a point where he had a Kobe like status, but unlike Kobe he never matured.

I said this before, but I'll say it again, I think his best case scenario is to play a role similar to what Nate did for the Celtics this postseason.

Swashcuff
06-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Michael Jordan demanded BULLS management to choose between KRAUSE and him/PHIL after final title in 98....they said they would bring KRAUSE/PHIL back...JORDAN quit...how is walking away from a situation not quitting?

SHAQ wanted to have the bright HOLLYWOOD lights, he quit on ORLANDO for 120+million reason,but he QUIT

KOBE quit in game 7 of playoffs few yrs back...but is considered CHAMPION..but he QUIT

IVERSON told PHILLY coach that they should change the style of play and go more uptempo and they told the media he demanded a trade and then to top it off when they trade him to DEN, they go to uptempo style of OFF.....im not going to get into the MEMPHIS/DET stuff cause its obvious nobody does homework around here, listenin to your buddy who listens to ESPN is not the way to go.....its just like the stupid RING thing to be considered with the all time greats...i guess SASHA VUJAJIC/MBENGA/WALTON is all time greats cuz they got rings along with KERR/WENNINGTON/PURDUE...they all better than AI/STOCKTON/NASH and whoever else doesnt have a RING...

Iverson is easily top 10 to do it....he was LEBRON before LEBRON(lil version)
1. Best athlete when he came in.. but he's more mentally/physically tougher..at 150lbs only ones with more physical ability i can think of is JAMES/AMARE and they considered BIG MEN by NBA standards...AI is barely 5'11...One of the best quotes ever came from the late great head coach CHUCK DALY a while back when that 96 rookie class came in, he said ''AI is the closest to JORDAN mentally/competiveness'' ..it was over my head back then but now i truly understand what he means and he's right....

2. Tatts/headband...he carried that cross for LEBRON...all the talent in the world to win multi titles but did thangs his way instead of conformin to STERN/corporate NBA...do people understand AI could have went pro in the 3 major sports(NFL/NBA/MLB)? Thats what i call incredible 5star talent..not NBA talent jus amazing pure natural sports talent

3. The Sixer franchise took his talent for granted... because my core of DIRK/AI/TMAC or PIERCE/AI/TMAC would be primed for multi ECF runs and best believe we'd sniff a few FINALS...but i think people on here would have took VAN HORN/L.HUGHES, and just to think they had the early versions of B.BOWEN/STACKHOUSE...they had they D.STOPPER/6TH MAN and didnt even realize it...then L.BROWN takes over and since he's a DEF.minded type coach so he took a guy who could drop 40/50 any given nite and rode him and tricked everyone into thinking he needed to play with DEF.minded role players..but not one time did anyone say L.BROWN is crazy for riding a under 6feet undersized scoring machine who played hurt/harder than the rest all the way to the FINALS,plus he coached 6yrs so that body of work is more concrete so people tend to think of AI during BROWN tenure...broken body and all still dropped damn near 36ppg against L.A in 01...wat he did for 10yrs in Sixerville KOBE cried in like 2/3 yrs after SHAQ got traded,yall remember when he threw everybody under the bus,now if AI would have done that he would be in a cave over in PAKISTAN some damn where...now whos the man and whos the mouse?

4. How can a franchise use you for 10yrs then say you're a cancer...i would think the front office is the cancer cause they cant build around a allworld Superstar talent

thats cancer earned that very franchise sooooo much money and gave them soooo much advertisement and even had them as one of the better teams in the league for a few years when they basically gave him no actual star help. But yeah he's a cancer. Sigh.

3RDASYSTEM
06-22-2010, 12:20 PM
He had a KOBE like status cause he balled tougher...he didnt want to be the face of the league after MJ retired and the corporate/STERN wanted him to dress a certain way and carry himself like ''them''...JAYW are u kidding me? he avg 14ppg with no plays ran for him and like 28minutes per...of course his spirit was crushed when you go from 3rd in league scoring in 08 behind the top 2 media dogs(KOBE/LEBRON) then go from starting ALL-STAR games to being demoted to the bench thru the media after being told different from the coach(CURRY)...he doesnt have to prove to avg anything cause the dude has 4scoring titles,thats proof in itself he can score anytime,but plays have to be ran for ya,could you imagine if a team told KOBE/LEBRON that you're only going to get 12-14shots a game,they would go crazy like AI would...and then can you imagine if any plays would have been ran for him but since he played in the worst OFF in the past 2 seasons in DET/PHI where he sacrificed his game and still got killed for it....the only thing thats a cancer is the ones on here postin non sense..you guys are a cancer to sport topics for not having more in depth knowledge...but i respect opinions..and what is your definition of winning basketball, cuz last time i checked he has been to FINALS and he has taken teams that have no business goin anywhere to the playoffs....thats why i keep saying he was LEBRON before LEBRON ..you cant win with one guy carrying load and even AI didnt have the players LEBRON had the past couple yrs....go do research on TYRONE HILL/GEORGE LYNCH/E.SNOW/A.MCKIE/J.JONES/R.BELL/M.GEIGER and i can go on and on...then tell me how did he get this team to the playoffs,wait i mean the FINALS? Since when did a 5'11 guy get triple teamed(JORDAN rules)?that means he has no help and is the only threat so he had to not only score but be the playmaker for his entire team plus he had to shoot over 3 trees basically on every possession.....it goes MJ/MAGIC/SHAQ/KAREEM/AI/LEBRON.....When i watch KOBE i dont know if i'm watchin KOBE or JORDAN..so how much props do you really get or want for playing identical mirror image to the GOAT?

Ezekial
06-22-2010, 12:30 PM
AI ran out of money now too?

awmathewsjr
06-22-2010, 12:46 PM

I agree with you about Kobe in game 7. But MJ and Shaq did not quit they played out their contracts and chose not to re-sign, there's a difference.

[/QUOTE]IVERSON told PHILLY coach that they should change the style of play and go more uptempo and they told the media he demanded a trade and then to top it off when they trade him to DEN, they go to uptempo style of OFF.....im not going to get into the MEMPHIS/DET stuff cause its obvious nobody does homework around here, listenin to your buddy who listens to ESPN is not the way to go.....its just like the stupid RING thing to be considered with the all time greats...i guess SASHA VUJAJIC/MBENGA/WALTON is all time greats cuz they got rings along with KERR/WENNINGTON/PURDUE...they all better than AI/STOCKTON/NASH and whoever else doesnt have a RING...[/QUOTE]
I agree that ESPN does give misleading info at times, but was the famous "practice" press conference not AI showing his arrogance. Plus it's kinda hard to argue when every team says the same things about you.

[/QUOTE]Iverson is easily top 10 to do it....he was LEBRON before LEBRON(lil version)
1. Best athlete when he came in.. but he's more mentally/physically tougher..at 150lbs only ones with more physical ability i can think of is JAMES/AMARE and they considered BIG MEN by NBA standards...AI is barely 5'11...One of the best quotes ever came from the late great head coach CHUCK DALY a while back when that 96 rookie class came in, he said ''AI is the closest to JORDAN mentally/competiveness'' ..it was over my head back then but now i truly understand what he means and he's right....[/QUOTE]
You can't be serious. You really think that LJ and Amare are the only players in the league that are more physical than AI. Is that ajoke? And as far as AI being the closest thing to MJ, I guess you've never seen a Kobe game.
PS-No one is close to Jordan but Kobe is the closest

[/QUOTE]2. Tatts/headband...he carried that cross for LEBRON...all the talent in the world to win multi titles but did thangs his way instead of conformin to STERN/corporate NBA...do people understand AI could have went pro in the 3 major sports(NFL/NBA/MLB)? Thats what i call incredible 5star talent..not NBA talent jus amazing pure natural sports talent[/QUOTE]
Once again I agree. He did usher in the tatoo era all by himself. But I dnt know about that 5-11 150lb frame playing QB in the NFL. And just for sh*ts and giggles lets say he gained 20lbs oa straight muscle while playin college ball he'd still only be 170lbs.

[/QUOTE]3. The Sixer franchise took his talent for granted... because my core of DIRK/AI/TMAC or PIERCE/AI/TMAC would be primed for multi ECF runs and best believe we'd sniff a few FINALS...but i think people on here would have took VAN HORN/L.HUGHES, and just to think they had the early versions of B.BOWEN/STACKHOUSE...they had they D.STOPPER/6TH MAN and didnt even realize it...then L.BROWN takes over and since he's a DEF.minded type coach so he took a guy who could drop 40/50 any given nite and rode him and tricked everyone into thinking he needed to play with DEF.minded role players..but not one time did anyone say L.BROWN is crazy for riding a under 6feet undersized scoring machine who played hurt/harder than the rest all the way to the FINALS,plus he coached 6yrs so that body of work is more concrete so people tend to think of AI during BROWN tenure...broken body and all still dropped damn near 36ppg against L.A in 01...wat he did for 10yrs in Sixerville KOBE cried in like 2/3 yrs after SHAQ got traded,yall remember when he threw everybody under the bus,now if AI would have done that he would be in a cave over in PAKISTAN some damn where...now whos the man and whos the mouse?[/QUOTE]
I will start off by saying AI had a damn good core in Denver and Detroit, but he had no success. And as far as Kobe crying after Shaq left, well this is true he threw everybody under the bus. But with exception of that one game 7 he still played hard, didn't miss practice and didn't miss any mandatory team events. Can AI say the same?

[/QUOTE]4. How can a franchise use you for 10yrs then say you're a cancer...i would think the front office is the cancer cause they cant build around a allworld Superstar talent[/QUOTE]
I agree he is an all world talent. But it's not easy to build around a 5-11 guy who needs to be at SG to be real effective. In most cases this leaves you with 2 small guards, this doesn't work in the NBA,especially on D.
To end this I want to say it's clear you're a big AI fan so I'm not trying to get into a back and forth battle about him. AI is probably the best thing to ever happen to the 76ers but when you start comparing him to MJ, Kobe and Shaq you can't win.

Hustlenomics
06-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Picking up your ball and going home is not the only way to quit. The 2nd time he was in Philly he asked to be released to handle family matters=QUIT. In Memphis he asked to be released because of the role he had=QUIT. In Detroit, while still playing for the Pistons he stated "I'd rather retire than to come off of the bench for this team"=QUIT. In Denver he was stripped of his captain status because he felt that he didn't need to play preseason games, so he got mad and stop shooting the ball, taking only 13 shots a game right before he was traded=QUIT. The first time he was in Philly he got so upset that the Front Office got on his a*s for missing team events amongst other distractions that he demanded a trade=QUIT.
Any Questions?

2nd time in philly he played hard and encouraged his teamates night in and night out and wasnt taking many shots ..the owner even said he loved having him there but his daughter was sick and the season wasn't goin anywhere so he went to take care of her..lol you'll make a great father one day guy..
in memphis he had to play the bench in limited minutes to a bum mike conley so w/e
In detroit he played but was unhappy about his sudden bench role even though he was averaging 26 ppg the season before because the coach didn't know wtf he was doing and the team just exiled him..he aint quit on them
and he gave philly so many years of hard work brought them to the finals..wow i can't believe u tryna say he QUIT on philly ..clown:facepalm:

awmathewsjr
06-22-2010, 02:19 PM
2nd time in philly he played hard and encouraged his teamates night in and night out and wasnt taking many shots ..the owner even said he loved having him there but his daughter was sick and the season wasn't goin anywhere so he went to take care of her..lol you'll make a great father one day guy..
in memphis he had to play the bench in limited minutes to a bum mike conley so w/e
In detroit he played but was unhappy about his sudden bench role even though he was averaging 26 ppg the season before because the coach didn't know wtf he was doing and the team just exiled him..he aint quit on them
and he gave philly so many years of hard work brought them to the finals..wow i can't believe u tryna say he QUIT on philly ..clown:facepalm:

First off I'm already a father and a damn good one. But we're talking sports so save the personal attacks for another time. As far as Iverson goes, the only other player in all of sports thats goes to different teams, then complain about his role, his coach and the system is TO.

3RDASYSTEM
06-22-2010, 07:48 PM
y

3RDASYSTEM
06-22-2010, 08:20 PM
1. Yea but AWMATHEWSJR one thing you got to understand and im not comparing players games/abilities, im comparing situations when somebody had said he quit...JORDAN by nature wanted to defend the crown in 99 so JORDAN told BULLS management that its either PHIL/MJ or KRAUSE,kind of like how KOBE threw KUPCHAK/BYNUM under bus before PAU trade ..so REINSDORF didnt want to bring back PHIL at first but then said he would but also KRAUSE so JORDAN quit(wat part dont you understand?), he didnt have to ''re-sign'' to a team/city he had by the balls,he was signed by default and made his own salary..but he walked away/quit because it didnt go his way like AI...its not about being a big fan,its about calling it how it is...how is a man who played hard allout/fearless/fast/with very avg Bball talent(hustling and diving on the floor like COWENS/SLOAN/LYNCH/HILL doesnt mean you can play ball,it means you have great hustle/tough) a cancer? Who in they right mind would wanna come off the bench for STUCKEY/BYNUM after trading and telling him he was taking BILLUPS spot(he even wore his number) and then the nxt yr start behind CONLEY who really aint no better than me and whoever else post on here, but i give him credit cause he made the league

2. Have you ever played any organized or park ball sports? because i know for a fact if i just lost and got eliminated from PLAYOFFS why would i want to answer a question that happened like 4-6months ago and we just ended our season in playoffs right then and there? ESPN set it up like it was a ''practice'' interview and made him look bad...why you think he kept saying ''YOU DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE GAME, YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT PRACTICE,NOT THE GAME THEY JUST LOST'''....they took 45seconds out of a 15minute interview and tricked the world into thinking it was about practice...can you imagine a SUPERSTAR player not practicing the world would just end,so it did for AI ..do you understand the NBA is a biz right? so they all work hand in hand and will follow the orders from STERN ..just like MLB did with BONDS and NFL is doing with T.O....i never knew a guy who finished 3rd ppg in 08 behind the ESPN/Media darliings KOBE/LEBRON would have to worry about a job the next yr and they won 50 games...but if you're AI it happens

3. This is too easy....just like i said you keep misunderstanding me...do you understand what physical ability is as opposed to playing physical? ''Physical ability'' in Bball terms is based on the players size and doing incredible things absorbing contact ala AMARE(pre-surgery did you see the physical ability and not to mention straight out of high school playing PF) ...do i even have to mention AI/LEBRON and even SHAQ/MJ....and hell no its not a joke him being competitive/mentally equal wise to MJ....i didnt say it,CHUCK DALY did,its well documented....he's way more credible than all of us combined and then some....and if you take somebodys entire game and be a mirror image like KOBE is to MJ(second 3peat) then of course you would think he's the closest thing cuz everybody else has an identity to their game, to me KOBE has MJ's, and dont get it twisted AI/LEBRON/WADE/MELO they all idolize MJ,they just didnt rape him for his entire game...go YOUTUBE 98 FINALS vs UTAH and then talk to me after you see how much he took from MJ...Plus they mention KOBE/MJ in same sentence like daily on ESPN..you know how easy it is too influence people who really dont know the game?

4. He didnt usher it in totally he just brought it to mainstream with superstar appeal making it more commercial/acceptable and he got all that toughness from Football,he thought Bball was too soft at first(now thats a champion mentality right there)..i say that cause SPREWELL/RODMAN had cornrows/tatts also ...and him being his size makes him that much more amazing..not the speed/quickness but the toughness/scoring ability/killer instinct he had and he never backed down and never quit on his teammates(10yrs in Sixerville) and he didnt quit on DET/GRIZZ they broke his spirit after lying to his face...in any sports after 10yrs a player is pretty much done so they wasted his best yrs in Sixerville...Wat would you do if your boss or coworkers lied to your face...you'd feel just like AI i bet,if you're a man that is

5. Yea it was a good core in DEN but nobody outside of MAGIC(Lakers) in 79 and the BOS big 3 in 08 won it all in one yr after linking up last i can recall,if you know any more let me know ASAP...he only played 2008 with DEN(minus NENE)...Melo was suspended in 07 when he got there so they played like 35-40 games together, im not making up xcuses im telling you what happen...i mean at least get him the CORE in his first few yrs considering he did win the MVP in like his 4th season i think..dont wait til he old and get him the right players, lets see here MAGIC had KAREEM/WORTHY, JORDAN had PIPPEN/RODMAN, KOBE had SHAQ(he was basically like 3 players in one during 3peat) and then PAU/ODOM/BYNUM/ARTEST, AI had SNOW/MCKIE/MUTOMBO and BIG DOG/VAN HORN/COLEMAN/KUKOC/WEBBER were all super washed up by the time he got those players..now if he would have gotten the COLEMAN out of CUSE, WEBBER in Sactown or that BIG DOG he beat in 01 then i wouldnt say nothing,i would say he had his fair share and didnt get it done and do i need to talk about DET ..he changed his game from 19-23 shots per to 14 and many times didnt even touch the ball 5/6 possesssions in a row, so even though they traded for him they stuck with the same system...can you imagine if NE Pats would have kept the same system when they acquired R.MOSS, they would have crippled themselves...so it would have been wise for DET to run more plays for a 4time scoring champ,its basketball 101 common sense...you bucked your own system by breaking up the core to go with a diff. SUPERSTAR ,so you cant run the same offense....BILLUPS/AI totally different dynamics....R.MOSS/D.BRANCH totally different dynamics, and plus as hard/injured AI played and carrying a poor managed franchise can you blame him for wanted to skip a practice or two....You see KOBE cried after 2/3 seasons after SHAQ got traded cause that wat *****es do,they run off they help...but AI never once complained about his team/GM and just played it out(though i would have requested help,but no trade) for 10yrs not 2/3 ..thats a soldier for ya ala KGarnett,but even KG got fed up...i always thought KG/AI should have left after 3-5yrs when they first got drafted....Jus imagine if KOBE would have taken that S.PARKER/K.BROWN team to the NBA Finals or even the WCF? AI would have won more titles with SHAQ cause he wanted to win from day one,not the me person the media portray...reason i say this is because Stephen A confirmed AI cried when they passed on PIERCE and took HUGHES, that has to be the poorest management move ever after Portland MJ miscue, cause i believe PIERCE was a top 3 player coming out and dropped damn near out of top 10

6. Its not real easy cause you just watched the GM's screw it up so once again the perception you cant build around him...do you understand i said i would have drafted PIERCE/TMAC instead of VAN HORN/L.HUGHES ..do you understand how bad that sets you back, can you imagine TMAC at the PG at 6'8(they were calling him a athletic MAGIC when he came out and he ran the PG) and PIERCE on the wing to relief scoring load..it would take a dummy(SIXER GM) not to be able to build around a SUPERSTAR talent...who cares if he's 5'11, i would have a 6'8 combo guard to compliment AI plus they had B.BOWEN who could have played the 2 only if he had developed his 3pt game ala SPURS ...yea im a fan of the hood ones and he happens to fall in that space....plus i call a spade a spade..the media outlet does influence me,especially when they show L.BROWN or SNOW speaking highly of AI, someone who actually coached/played with him

Last but not least dont get it twisted the only seperation of SHAQ/KOBE/JORDAN/AI is the stupid ring discussion they bring up cause nobody balled tougher from 97-06 individually,quote me on it.... At one point JORDAN was deemed a arrogant/cocky ballhog, SHAQ was an overweight out of shape champ, KOBE was a ballhog terrible teammate...so how is AI the poster child for all this mess? cause he wasnt lucky enough like J.WEST to get to the Finals like 9/10x and end up with only ''1'' ring,poor AI

mpballer92
06-22-2010, 10:54 PM
His only hope is accepting the role of a bench player.

Hustlenomics
06-22-2010, 11:09 PM
First off I'm already a father and a damn good one. But we're talking sports so save the personal attacks for another time. As far as Iverson goes, the only other player in all of sports thats goes to different teams, then complain about his role, his coach and the system is TO.

you're not worth it:facepalm:

JayW_1023
06-23-2010, 06:21 AM
double post

JayW_1023
06-23-2010, 06:28 AM
I said this before, but I'll say it again, I think his best case scenario is to play a role similar to what Nate did for the Celtics this postseason.

At least Nate proved he can thrive under a veteran, team oriented core. He is still young and maturing.

AI still hasn't matured at age 35. Even the best possible coach for him, Larry Brown eventually gave up on coaching him.

Only with defensive minded guys who don't need the ball in their hands can he be effective, like in 2001. Add a legitimate second option and watch his teams implode.

JayW_1023
06-23-2010, 06:53 AM
JAYW are u kidding me? he avg 14ppg with no plays ran for him and like 28minutes per...of course his spirit was crushed when you go from 3rd in league scoring in 08 behind the top 2 media dogs(KOBE/LEBRON) then go from starting ALL-STAR games to being demoted to the bench thru the media after being told different from the coach(CURRY)

Thing is, AI staring at PG wasn't working. the guy is a shooting guard in a point guards body. They weren't winning with him running the show, so the Pistons put him into the Vinny Johnson role. But in his mind AI still is an elite player, while he clearly isn't anymore. He didn't make anyone else on that team better.

...he doesnt have to prove to avg anything cause the dude has 4scoring titles,thats proof in itself he can score anytime,but plays have to be ran for ya,could you imagine if a team told KOBE/LEBRON that you're only going to get 12-14shots a game,they would go crazy like AI would...and then can you imagine if any plays would have been ran for him but since he played in the worst OFF in the past 2 seasons in DET/PHI where he sacrificed his game and still got killed for it....the only thing thats a cancer is the ones on here postin non sense..you guys are a cancer to sport topics for not having more in depth knowledge...but i respect opinions..and what is your definition of winning basketball, cuz last time i checked he has been to FINALS and he has taken teams that have no business goin anywhere to the playoffs...

thats why i keep saying he was LEBRON before LEBRON ..you cant win with one guy carrying load and even AI didnt have the players LEBRON had the past couple yrs....go do research on TYRONE HILL/GEORGE LYNCH/E.SNOW/A.MCKIE/J.JONES/R.BELL/M.GEIGER and i can go on and on...then tell me how did he get this team to the playoffs,wait i mean the FINALS? Since when did a 5'11 guy get triple teamed(JORDAN rules)?that means he has no help and is the only threat so he had to not only score but be the playmaker for his entire team plus he had to shoot over 3 trees basically on every possession.....it goes MJ/MAGIC/SHAQ/KAREEM/AI/LEBRON.....When i watch KOBE i dont know if i'm watchin KOBE or JORDAN..so how much props do you really get or want for playing identical mirror image to the GOAT?

My definition of winning basketball is team basketball on both ends. And AI doesn't play team basketball. He routinely aborts plays to look for his own shots. He shoots an awful percentage. He only plays well when he has the ball in his hands and only looks to pass when it's a sure fire assist. As for his trip to the finals, that was more a credit to the coaching of Larry Brown, who pretty much has given up trying to mold Iverson into a great point guard playmaker.

So he decided to put AI at SG instead let him fire away and surrounded him with top defensive minded role players who don't need the ball in their hands and let AI do his thing. The real credit goes to him for being able to built a winning formula around the stubborn Iverson. It's funny how people keep emphasizing 2001 with AI. The Eastern Conference was not only godawful back then, in later years AI wasn't even able to take the Sixers to a competitive state, despite the consistent efforts to surround him with more talent.

On those Denver teams AI finally did have that talent around him, but he did not only made those teams first round fodder for Western Conference contenders, he routinely set a bad example for his younger teammates, going out clubbing on game nights and showing up late for teamm meetings. After the Billups trade he landed in a veteran Piston lockerroom who didn't put up with those antics, so he quit on them as well. Meanwhile Billups, a true PG, brought a winning formula to Denver and helped Carmelo Anthony mature.

Last season, he continued to quit on teams for now allowing him to start, the Grizzlies and Sixers, because he still believes he should get the spotlight instead of setting the right example for his teammates and sacrifice his personal accolades for the good of the team. The thing I admire most about AI is his competitive edge, his toughness playing through injury. But the way he plays the game of basketball gives me headaches.

Black24Momba8
06-23-2010, 07:47 AM
if he accepts he

4 Kobe its first

5 Pau its second

I agree 100%

3RDASYSTEM
06-23-2010, 08:41 AM
JAYW do you understand it would have worked out in DET if they would have kept STUCKEY in his usual 6th man role and he never started at PG it was STUCKEY(do you watch the games or just highlights?)..and dont give me that he couldnt play the pg spot cause you know damn good well he could have with RIP as his mate..he went from 23shots to 14 in DET, if thats not changing your game then what is? plus the DET situation basically came down to being lied to,do you like being lied to?you must do....once again players dont ''make they teammates better'' they ''make it easier'' because of the attention they draw, and he barely touched the ball in DET so its hard to put any pressure on the D if the ball is not in your hands and go back and do your homework cause they had the 4th seed at one point i think when RIP was hurt but since you only pay attention to media reports you probably didnt know that...and the guy is a combo guard with freakish athletic ability

Last time i checked he's won more with avg talent than any SUPERSTAR i can recall, im basing it off his SIXER yrs cause 10yrs of no help is a big fail to any SUPERSTAR type player..how far are you supposed to get with avg talent for 10yrs? i guess he wasnt playing team D those yrs SIXERS had top 3 D under BROWN and he led league for 3strait yrs in steals and is called overrated but when CP3 does it its great D...Do you understand he only shot low pct in SIXERLAND cause he literally had to shoot over like 3trees each possession,do you undestand when he went and played with another no.1 option he shot real effecient like i knew he would...do you understand he got JORDAN ruled(triple teamed), whens the last time a guy under 6ft got double/triple teamed? do you understand SHAQ/LEBRON couldnt win a title by themselves so how could a guy half they size do it?that goes to show you how special he is...like the great SHAQ said himself ''he's a mini version of me''....last time i checked all great players break off and do they own thing rather be getting they own shot, its just AI carries the cross for it all it seems ...and he put those DEF minded players around AI cause thats all BROWN knew,he didnt know anything about OFF. ..BROWN is more stubborn than AI, hell he stayed with AI the longest so that should tell you something, BROWN is great at building great D teams but they alwayz lacked OFF punch...so he said i have a guy who can drop 40/50 any nite so his genuis was he rode that and im sick of everybody saying how weak the EAST was, he beat every team and they had more talent and he beat L.A. one game...and what do you call talent? VAN HORN, a broken down BIG DOG/WEBBER/KUKOC, i mean should i continue? D.COLEMAN quit and then came back worse and was 2nd option, M.GEIGER/RATLIFF...in 10yrs how can you not acquire better ''talent'' than this,you said it not me.......

In Denver he played just the 2008 season and in one year you expect him to win it all,people act like he spend 3-5yrs in DEN? MAGIC JOHNSON/08 CELTS claim that and the league is 60yrs old...No NENE/BIRDMAN/JONES in 08 and then DEN gets ousted in first round this yr to injury depleted team, so who cares about that ''veteran'' presence BILLUPS bought to team cause they went out 1st round after going to WCF(man i dislike one hit wonders)..

He started for SIXERS and would have for GRIZZ if it wasnt for his hammy injury and the man crush LIONEL had on CONLEY(How is he not a backup?)...sometimes its just the principle of life, just like when SHAQ started over Z and they just won 60games previous yr,so for a GRIZZ team who signed him for watever reasons, you start the guy and if CONLEY somehow through divine intervention beats him out at some point in the season,then take ya hat off to him..but dont try to destroy a guy who played harder and more injured than your fav player and was ....pound for pound/individual talent aint nobody i can think of but MJ/LEBRON...thats the real sad part,nobody tried to ''win'' AI a title like they doing a LEBRON...but whats even sadder is LEBRON is really the new AI

jimbobjarree
06-23-2010, 08:44 AM
:yawn:

C-Dub
06-23-2010, 10:02 AM
im not even gonna argue in this thread ;)

xbrackattackx
06-23-2010, 10:08 AM
The only way his stay in Detroit could have been more of a disappointment is if he would've showed up at my house and kicked me in the nuts, then wiped his *** with my Chauncey jersey.

thank you for making me laugh out loud at work.

awmathewsjr
06-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Somebody tell 3RDASYSTEM to take off his beer goggles while he's looking at AI

Raoul Duke
06-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Practice?

OT Thriller
06-23-2010, 11:42 AM
I still think he would fit well with the Pacers. If they dont get a proven pg for the #10 pick, I think they should look into AI. They need a scorer and they need a pg. Plus they need a face to that team. Is Iverson the right face? Worth a shot if all else fails.

ivylleague1'
06-23-2010, 01:49 PM
I still think he would fit well with the Pacers. If they dont get a proven pg for the #10 pick, I think they should look into AI. They need a scorer and they need a pg. Plus they need a face to that team. Is Iverson the right face? Worth a shot if all else fails.

I do not know you, but, you do sound reasonable. Iverson when healthy and in top form is the best player in the NBA (Lebron may have something to say about that), The league has lost its artistic and competitive quality because great players like Iverson are not strongly involved. NBA is boring to watch because those players like Iverson are not active. Who would not want a #1 pick, rookie of the year (Yes better than Kobe (best shooter in the Universe) and others), 4 times NBA scoring champion, NBA steals champion several times, perennial top 5 in scoring, top 10 in Assists, and top 10 in steals, a player who holds the NBA record in the number of steals in a playoff game, MVP and much much more??? Iverson, unequivocally, and without any reservation is a starter in the NBA and over a million fans said so last season and voted him in as a starter in the all star game. Thus, the question of whether AI is a starter is settled. He is and I recommend a contending team to sign and use him effectively and to win a championship !!! He is the best when healthy and in top form.

DenButsu
06-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Man, Ivy, I've been watching you post here at PSD for a long, long time now. And I have to just keep it very real: If you really think Iverson is the best player in the NBA (yes, I understand your meaning, "when healthy and in top form"), then it really is time for you to do some serious re-evaluation.

bigvdebo86
06-23-2010, 02:23 PM
10.) Dallas Mavericks

Allen would get to start on this team, because Jason Terry is the 6th man and has been for a long time now. He would have a very good shot at winning a title with Dallas if Dirk decides to resign. Rumor is that the Mavericks are interested in Shaq, so just imagine this lineup: Jason Kidd, Allen Iverson, Caron Butler, Dirk Nowitzki, Shaquille O'Neal. 2011 Champions.

9.) San Antonio Spurs

Allen could really help the Spurs, Ginobli would play 6th man and Iverson would get his 35 mpg because George Hill can also play shooting guard and Allen would get to move to the point guard spot when Ginobli is on the floor. Allen could help the Spurs win a title, Coach Popavich would be able to control Iverson and Allen would not cause problems because he has a lot of respect for Tim Duncan and knows that Duncan has done more then he has in the league. If the Spurs let Iverson play freely some nights he the Spurs could really make a run at the title next season.

8.) Los Angeles Lakers

Imagine a Allen Iverson and Kobe Bryant back court. The Lakers could really use Iverson if Derek Fisher decides to retire, Iverson could play the point guard spot and for the first time would playing with someone who has accomplished more(Kobe Bryant). Even if Fisher stays, if the Lakers could give Iverson 33 mpg as a 6th man he would probably accept. Ron Artest and Allen Iverson on the same team would be scary but if there is one coach that can control Allen Iverson right now it is Phil Jackson.

7.) Charlotte Bobcats

Last season Iverson was very very close to becoming a Bobcat, Larry Brown had agreed to bring him in, Allen had agreed to sign the deal but then Michael Jordan pulled out last minute because he was afraid Allen would have a negative influence on the young roster. Maybe Mike had a change of heart for Allen, this would be a great situation and Allen could help this team get to the second round. He would play the 1 spot and Stephen Jackson would play the 2 spot, when Jackson is sitting Iverson could also play the 2 and DJ Augustine could play the 1 spot. Iverson would be reunited with Coach Brown and he is the one coach that was able to control Iverson and bring out the best in him, this would only work if Raymond Felton decides to leave.

6.) Miami Heat

Weather Dwyane Wade stays or leaves Allen Iverson in Miami would be a good fit. If Wade stays that probably means Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer or Amare Stoudemire have signed with the heat(LeBron will not go to Miami). If Wade stays Allen could play the 1 spot and Wade, Iverson and whichever PF signs could form a Big 3 that could win the East. Although D-Wade hasn't accomplished more then Iverson has in his career, Allen knows that at this point D-Wade is a better player then he is and he would have no problem taking a back seat. If Wade doesn't stay, then Iverson could still play because he could become the 2 guard, sell tickets and jerseys and maybe with a little more help lead the Heat to a 8th seed.

5.) Atlanta Hawks

Joe Johnson is probably not going to return to the Hawks next season, he will be asking for a lot of money and the Hawks don't have that money. Iverson could become the new starting 2 guard in Atlanta because Jamal Crawford is the 6th man and he had the best season of his career as a 6th man. Jamal and Allen could each play 35 mpg and even be on the floor at the same time. The Hawks finished as a 3rd seed last year and were swept by the Magic in the second round, they are going to need a go to guy and Allen would be a great fit. Iverson also lives in Atlanta so there is a good chance this could happened.

4.) Toronto Raptors

I think it is safe to say the Chris Bosh is done with Toronto. He will probably sign where ever LeBron or Wade go and the Raptors will become irrelevant. Hedo Turkoglu is already demanding a trade so the Raptors will have no go to guy, no face for their franchise, it will be a nasty year for Toronto if they don't make a big move and whats bigger then bringing in one of the 20-25 greatest players of all time, one of the 5 greatest scorers of all-time and arguably the biggest cultural icon in NBA history. Allen Iverson could save the Toronto Raptors, he could bring the excitement that Vince brought to Toronto, even with Bosh the Raptors didn't have that big name player and Allen would become the face of the franchise, he would obviously start and should get around 38 mpg. He could average 26 a night with this team and be free to play however he wants. The Canadians would love Allen's style of play, his effort and competitiveness would be admired. With some help Allen could even lead this team to the playoffs.

3.) Philadelphia Sixers

Iverson should resign with the Sixers, it just doesn't seem right if he decides not to, Ed Stefanski said if he had the chance to re sign him he would do it in a second because Allen didn't cause any problems this season and fit in well despite being injured. It is awkward because when Allen returned in December he was supposed to finish his career as a Sixer and if he doesn't return to Philly that means he played 10 seasons there, got traded and came back after 3 years, played 25 games, then left again, that just looks nasty. Iverson's number 1 choice should be Philadelphia. Even if they draft Evan Turner then Allen should be the starting point guard ahead of Louis Williams, since Eddie Jordan is fired there will be no more Princeton offense and Doug Collins will probably have this team playing the way they should. Iverson, Turner, Igoudala, Brand and Hawes could do some big things in the Eastern Conference.

2.) Cleveland Cavaliers

If LeBron decides to stay in Cleveland just like the Miami situation that would mean Chris Bosh or even Wade himself have signed with Cleveland. Just like Wade even though LeBron hasn't accomplished the things Iverson has in the league, Iverson would still be ready to take a back seat because he knows at this point James is a better player. LeBron, Iverson and the third big name free agent could form a big three and win a title. Iverson would never choke like Mo Williams and Delonte West have in the playoffs the last couple of years and could put in 20 and 6 a night on this team while winning a title. If LeBron doesn't stay in Cleveland then the Cavaliers should still sign Iverson because he will keep the buzz alive, he will give them a go to guy and could prevent them from becoming irrelevant.

1.) New York Knicks

Before announcing his retirement last year The Knicks were about to sign Iverson till James Dolan backed out last minute like Michael Jordan did with the fear that Allen would stunt the youth development. This year the Knicks will for sure land one of the big name free agents, it is being reported that LeBron James is leaning towards the New York Knicks so that would mean Bosh or Wade are also going to sign with the Knicks. Just like the Cavs or Heat the Knicks could form a Big 3 with LeBron, Bosh and Iverson which would probably be the best team in the league. Iverson would start get his 35 minutes a night and we could see a 22 ppg, 8 apg Allen Iverson in Mike D'Antoni's system playing alongside LeBron, he would also accept the back seat to James. This is the perfect scenario.

So there it is the 10 best fits for Allen Iverson, he could really help teams next season and he could do it while getting what he wants and giving the team what they want. It will be an interesting off season for Allen Iverson but it will probably be a better one then last season, if Iverson actually trains this off season and gets his body healthy then he truly can be the "Answer" for a lot of teams next season.

THE MTL
06-23-2010, 02:26 PM
I agree. Iverson never chokes in the playoffs either. He hasnt won many series cause of the talent level of his previous teams. But the guy ALWAYS play hard.

albertc86
06-23-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't see the Mavs, Lakers or Spurs needing Iverson. He doesn't fit their philosophy.

still1ballin
06-23-2010, 02:29 PM
I can vision him going to Boston

Jonathan2323
06-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Although D-Wade hasn't accomplished more then Iverson has in his career

?

D Wade has won a championship and Iverson hasn't.

_Supreme_
06-23-2010, 02:37 PM
^ That is just a minor detail :laugh2: :facepalm:

If any team signs him they better be sure they want him to start, otherwise all the drama will likely repeat itself.

CaptainStu5
06-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Even if they draft Evan Turner then Allen should be the starting point guard ahead of Louis Williams, since Eddie Jordan is fired there will be no more Princeton offense and Doug Collins will probably have this team playing the way they should. Iverson, Turner, Igoudala, Brand and Hawes could do some big things in the Eastern Conference.

Ever hear of Jrue Holiday. Yeah, he's gonna start.

Joshtd1
06-23-2010, 02:40 PM
No thanks to Iverson.

_Supreme_
06-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Ever hear of Jrue Holiday. Yeah, he's gonna start.

Jrwho?

:D

koLohe2133
06-23-2010, 02:46 PM
boston!

let him replace ray allen....

little known fact....allen iverson was supposed to play jesus shuttlesworth in he got game....then spike lee big leagued ai and his crew at a club in NY.

thats why ray ray played jesus.

i personally would LOVE to see rondo and iverson pushing the floor, then hitting kg or pierce as they trail.....wow

Hustlenomics
06-23-2010, 02:57 PM
boston!

let him replace ray allen....

little known fact....allen iverson was supposed to play jesus shuttlesworth in he got game....then spike lee big leagued ai and his crew at a club in NY.

thats why ray ray played jesus.

i personally would LOVE to see rondo and iverson pushing the floor, then hitting kg or pierce as they trail.....wow

I thought ai declined the role?

Rego247
06-23-2010, 02:58 PM
10.) Dallas Mavericks

Allen would get to start on this team, because Jason Terry is the 6th man and has been for a long time now. He would have a very good shot at winning a title with Dallas if Dirk decides to resign. Rumor is that the Mavericks are interested in Shaq, so just imagine this lineup: Jason Kidd, Allen Iverson, Caron Butler, Dirk Nowitzki, Shaquille O'Neal. 2011 Champions.

9.) San Antonio Spurs

Allen could really help the Spurs, Ginobli would play 6th man and Iverson would get his 35 mpg because George Hill can also play shooting guard and Allen would get to move to the point guard spot when Ginobli is on the floor. Allen could help the Spurs win a title, Coach Popavich would be able to control Iverson and Allen would not cause problems because he has a lot of respect for Tim Duncan and knows that Duncan has done more then he has in the league. If the Spurs let Iverson play freely some nights he the Spurs could really make a run at the title next season.

8.) Los Angeles Lakers

Imagine a Allen Iverson and Kobe Bryant back court. The Lakers could really use Iverson if Derek Fisher decides to retire, Iverson could play the point guard spot and for the first time would playing with someone who has accomplished more(Kobe Bryant). Even if Fisher stays, if the Lakers could give Iverson 33 mpg as a 6th man he would probably accept. Ron Artest and Allen Iverson on the same team would be scary but if there is one coach that can control Allen Iverson right now it is Phil Jackson.

7.) Charlotte Bobcats

Last season Iverson was very very close to becoming a Bobcat, Larry Brown had agreed to bring him in, Allen had agreed to sign the deal but then Michael Jordan pulled out last minute because he was afraid Allen would have a negative influence on the young roster. Maybe Mike had a change of heart for Allen, this would be a great situation and Allen could help this team get to the second round. He would play the 1 spot and Stephen Jackson would play the 2 spot, when Jackson is sitting Iverson could also play the 2 and DJ Augustine could play the 1 spot. Iverson would be reunited with Coach Brown and he is the one coach that was able to control Iverson and bring out the best in him, this would only work if Raymond Felton decides to leave.

6.) Miami Heat

Weather Dwyane Wade stays or leaves Allen Iverson in Miami would be a good fit. If Wade stays that probably means Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer or Amare Stoudemire have signed with the heat(LeBron will not go to Miami). If Wade stays Allen could play the 1 spot and Wade, Iverson and whichever PF signs could form a Big 3 that could win the East. Although D-Wade hasn't accomplished more then Iverson has in his career, Allen knows that at this point D-Wade is a better player then he is and he would have no problem taking a back seat. If Wade doesn't stay, then Iverson could still play because he could become the 2 guard, sell tickets and jerseys and maybe with a little more help lead the Heat to a 8th seed.

5.) Atlanta Hawks

Joe Johnson is probably not going to return to the Hawks next season, he will be asking for a lot of money and the Hawks don't have that money. Iverson could become the new starting 2 guard in Atlanta because Jamal Crawford is the 6th man and he had the best season of his career as a 6th man. Jamal and Allen could each play 35 mpg and even be on the floor at the same time. The Hawks finished as a 3rd seed last year and were swept by the Magic in the second round, they are going to need a go to guy and Allen would be a great fit. Iverson also lives in Atlanta so there is a good chance this could happened.

4.) Toronto Raptors

I think it is safe to say the Chris Bosh is done with Toronto. He will probably sign where ever LeBron or Wade go and the Raptors will become irrelevant. Hedo Turkoglu is already demanding a trade so the Raptors will have no go to guy, no face for their franchise, it will be a nasty year for Toronto if they don't make a big move and whats bigger then bringing in one of the 20-25 greatest players of all time, one of the 5 greatest scorers of all-time and arguably the biggest cultural icon in NBA history. Allen Iverson could save the Toronto Raptors, he could bring the excitement that Vince brought to Toronto, even with Bosh the Raptors didn't have that big name player and Allen would become the face of the franchise, he would obviously start and should get around 38 mpg. He could average 26 a night with this team and be free to play however he wants. The Canadians would love Allen's style of play, his effort and competitiveness would be admired. With some help Allen could even lead this team to the playoffs.

3.) Philadelphia Sixers

Iverson should resign with the Sixers, it just doesn't seem right if he decides not to, Ed Stefanski said if he had the chance to re sign him he would do it in a second because Allen didn't cause any problems this season and fit in well despite being injured. It is awkward because when Allen returned in December he was supposed to finish his career as a Sixer and if he doesn't return to Philly that means he played 10 seasons there, got traded and came back after 3 years, played 25 games, then left again, that just looks nasty. Iverson's number 1 choice should be Philadelphia. Even if they draft Evan Turner then Allen should be the starting point guard ahead of Louis Williams, since Eddie Jordan is fired there will be no more Princeton offense and Doug Collins will probably have this team playing the way they should. Iverson, Turner, Igoudala, Brand and Hawes could do some big things in the Eastern Conference.

2.) Cleveland Cavaliers

If LeBron decides to stay in Cleveland just like the Miami situation that would mean Chris Bosh or even Wade himself have signed with Cleveland. Just like Wade even though LeBron hasn't accomplished the things Iverson has in the league, Iverson would still be ready to take a back seat because he knows at this point James is a better player. LeBron, Iverson and the third big name free agent could form a big three and win a title. Iverson would never choke like Mo Williams and Delonte West have in the playoffs the last couple of years and could put in 20 and 6 a night on this team while winning a title. If LeBron doesn't stay in Cleveland then the Cavaliers should still sign Iverson because he will keep the buzz alive, he will give them a go to guy and could prevent them from becoming irrelevant.

1.) New York Knicks

Before announcing his retirement last year The Knicks were about to sign Iverson till James Dolan backed out last minute like Michael Jordan did with the fear that Allen would stunt the youth development. This year the Knicks will for sure land one of the big name free agents, it is being reported that LeBron James is leaning towards the New York Knicks so that would mean Bosh or Wade are also going to sign with the Knicks. Just like the Cavs or Heat the Knicks could form a Big 3 with LeBron, Bosh and Iverson which would probably be the best team in the league. Iverson would start get his 35 minutes a night and we could see a 22 ppg, 8 apg Allen Iverson in Mike D'Antoni's system playing alongside LeBron, he would also accept the back seat to James. This is the perfect scenario.

So there it is the 10 best fits for Allen Iverson, he could really help teams next season and he could do it while getting what he wants and giving the team what they want. It will be an interesting off season for Allen Iverson but it will probably be a better one then last season, if Iverson actually trains this off season and gets his body healthy then he truly can be the "Answer" for a lot of teams next season.

i :facepalm: and laughed at the same time when i read that. Id rather have young players to rebuild with, than have allen "cancer" iverson on the raptors.

thx but no thx.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-23-2010, 03:16 PM
?

D Wade has won a championship and Iverson hasn't.

He means more accomplished as an idividual player...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-23-2010, 03:18 PM
i :facepalm: and laughed at the same time when i read that. Id rather have young players to rebuild with, than have allen "cancer" iverson on the raptors.

thx but no thx.

lol, all tha ppl callin AI a cancer only started payin attention to his career for last two years. completly ridiculous. AI problley dont wanna go to tha doodoo *** raptors n e ways.

Raoul Duke
06-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Well, he certainly has the most articulate fans in the NBA.

Mplsman
06-23-2010, 04:05 PM
He better "work on" his attitude.

koLohe2133
06-23-2010, 04:29 PM
I thought ai declined the role?

he did. because spike wouldnt let him n his posse into the vip lounge at a club....

ai didnt like that.

DenButsu
06-23-2010, 08:42 PM
I agree. Iverson never chokes in the playoffs either. He hasnt won many series cause of the talent level of his previous teams. But the guy ALWAYS play hard.

You must not have watched him on the Nuggets' first round exits against the Spurs in 2007 and the Lakers in 2008. He choked both times, and it was really frustrating to watch, since the entire reason Denver picked him up was to help Melo get out of the first round, and he flat out did not deliver the $20 million/year, All-Star caliber basketball the team was hoping to get from him.

Hustlenomics
06-23-2010, 09:17 PM
You must not have watched him on the Nuggets' first round exits against the Spurs in 2007 and the Lakers in 2008. He choked both times, and it was really frustrating to watch, since the entire reason Denver picked him up was to help Melo get out of the first round, and he flat out did not deliver the $20 million/year, All-Star caliber basketball the team was hoping to get from him.

he averaged 23 ppg against the Spurs and 25 ppg against the lakers
melo averaged 27 ppg against the Spurs and 23 ppg against the lakers
nobody choked they just lost to better teams that ended up winning the title this year..and melo got kicked out the first round this year..did he choke?

Swashcuff
06-23-2010, 09:32 PM

were you seriously looking at the same team/games I was looking at. I saw a team that was out matched out played and out prepared. Quite frankly they were not good enough. As far as I can recall it wasn't Allen alone who didn't play up to par.

But no prob put the blame on him because he "choked" in his first play-off series as the 2nd option.

C-Dub
06-23-2010, 09:45 PM
i love my fellow AI fans ;) sorry Den, hhaa

Swashcuff
06-23-2010, 09:48 PM
i love my fellow AI fans ;) sorry Den, hhaa

I Love you Sig dude.

Its not just about being and A.I. fan. Its sad to see how much blame a guy could take for when something goes wrong but when its going well how little credit he gets and how much some people care to remember.

DenButsu
06-23-2010, 10:13 PM
he averaged 23 ppg against the Spurs and 25 ppg against the lakers
melo averaged 27 ppg against the Spurs and 23 ppg against the lakers
nobody choked they just lost to better teams that ended up winning the title this year..and melo got kicked out the first round this year..did he choke?

I'd imagine you probably didn't watch if you really believe this is true. His level of performance dropped off considerably in both postseason performances for the Nuggets.

Regular season (*only in Denver, not incl. Philly)
FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% STL AST PTS PER TS% eFG%
2006-07* 8.6 18.9 .454 1 2.9 .347 6.6 8.7 .759 1.8 7.2 24.8 18.4 .545 .480
2007-08 8.7 19 .458 1.2 3.4 .345 7.9 9.7 .809 2 7.1 26.4 20.9 .567 .488
Average 8.65 18.95 .456 1.1 3.15 .346 7.25 9.2 .784 1.9 7.15 25.6 19.65 .556 .484

Playoffs
2006-07 8.4 22.8 .368 1 3.4 .294 5 6.2 .806 1.4 5.8 22.8 13 .447 .390
2007-08 9 20.75 .434 0.75 3.5 .214 5.75 8.25 .697 1 4.5 24.5 18.7 .502 .452
Average 8.7 21.78 .401 0.88 3.45 .254 5.38 7.23 .752 1.2 5.15 23.65 15.85 .475 .421

Difference of regular and postseason averages
Diff 0.05 2.83 -.055 -0.23 0.3 -.092 -1.88 -1.98 -.033 -0.7 -2 -1.95 -3.8 -.082 -.063

He shot more (both 2 and 3 pointers), but also shot worse.
This can be seen in the increase in fg and 3pt attempts next to the decrease in fg and 3pt percentages.

He failed to drive to the basket, and also failed to shoot his FTs as well when he did get to the line.
This can be seen in a full 2 fewer FTs attempted per game, next to the drop in %.

He totally dominated the ball. This would go without saying if you watched these games. He was just dribbling around 80% of the time like a chicken with his head cut off while all his teammates stood around unsure because they never knew where he was going with it.

But this increased ball dominance can also be seen in the numbers. The increased amount of shooting mentioned above, in combination with the decrease in assists. 2 less assists per game, which is huge, given the extent to which he held onto the ball.

His defense was worse than usual, which is hard to quantify, but can at least partially be seen in the drop in steals.

And the result of all of the above, the overall drop in his efficiency (or, put another way, his choking), can be seen in the drop across the board of the 3 efficiency stats shown here, PER, TS%, and eFG%.

Sorry, man, but it's true. He choked.

Hell, I wish it wasn't true more than anything. I'm a Nuggets fan. I wanted to win these games and make deeper playoff runs. One could make the case that the Spurs and Lakers were simply better teams and therefore would have won no matter how well the Nuggets played. But I'd certainly make the case (as I have here) that a big part of the reason Denver didn't at least give those teams a better run for their money (instead of losing 1-4 to the Spurs and getting swept by L.A.) was the BIGTIME dropoff in Iverson's postseason performance level.

3RDASYSTEM
06-23-2010, 10:31 PM
First and foremost IVYLLEAGUE1' you hit it right on and i would say top 5 cause of his body taking a pounding and he would still be playing the same way if he was in ''top form'' and i also agree with you SWASHCUFF..but for the most part if people dissect the ''individual player'' its funny how he makes others look and he never was accomodated the proper assets as i state below to relieve him at all,he literally carried and made a franchise relevant for 10yrs and he's barely taller than Nate Robinson, what a talent

Yo you know you wrecked somebody when all they can say is ''take off your beer goggles'' ...everything i said is well documented,thats why its funny that he never played with a Robin/Another Batman type player...wait he played with them,when they were on basically one leg

How to screw up a draft 101 - Imagine if Presti or J.West/Dumars was the GM back then,oh well

1996 - Iverson - They already had Stackhouse(would have converted to my 6th man Terry/Ginobili style)
Coleman was overweight and was pretty much done - Great pick right here

1997 - Tim Thomas over TMac/Billups(TMac was drawing comparisons to Magic with more athletic ability and he played PG, so heres my answer to compliment AI in the backcourt cause TMac is like 6'8 or so)...and how in the hell do you trade for one of the slowest players in the draft/league(Van Horn) to play with your Franchise player who at that time was considered the fastest ever with a ball in his hands on the court?Horrible Front Office decision to trade Thomas for Van Horn when Billups was there to pair with AI or just go allout to pair him with Duncan and trade for the top pick, you had the #2

1998 - L.Hughes over P.Pierce/Nowitzki/B.Wells...i know Pierce was like top 3-5 in college and slipped kind of low but another Front Office miscue

Now they had a chance to do what OKC has done in 2/3 yrs with Durant cause thats 3 lottery picks with what you guys like to call ''tremendous upside''...now go ahead and tell me to put my beer goggles back on...ONE

Hustlenomics
06-23-2010, 10:36 PM
I'd imagine you probably didn't watch if you really believe this is true. His level of performance dropped off considerably in both postseason performances for the Nuggets.

Regular season (*only in Denver, not incl. Philly)
2006-07* 8.6 18.9 .454 1 2.9 .347 6.6 8.7 .759 1.8 7.2 24.8 18.4 .545 .480
2007-08 8.7 19 .458 1.2 3.4 .345 7.9 9.7 .809 2 7.1 26.4 20.9 .567 .488
Average 8.65 18.95 .456 1.1 3.15 .346 7.25 9.2 .784 1.9 7.15 25.6 19.65 .556 .484

Playoffs
2006-07 8.4 22.8 .368 1 3.4 .294 5 6.2 .806 1.4 5.8 22.8 13 .447 .390
2007-08 9 20.75 .434 0.75 3.5 .214 5.75 8.25 .697 1 4.5 24.5 18.7 .502 .452
Average 8.7 21.78 .401 0.88 3.45 .254 5.38 7.23 .752 1.2 5.15 23.65 15.85 .475 .421

Difference of regular and postseason averages
Diff 0.05 2.83 -.055 -0.23 0.3 -.092 -1.88 -1.98 -.033 -0.7 -2 -1.95 -3.8 -.082 -.063

He shot more (both 2 and 3 pointers), but also shot worse.
This can be seen in the increase in fg and 3pt attempts next to the decrease in fg and 3pt percentages.

He failed to drive to the basket, and also failed to shoot his FTs as well when he did get to the line.
This can be seen in a full 2 fewer FTs attempted per game, next to the drop in %.

He totally dominated the ball. This would go without saying if you watched these games. He was just dribbling around 80% of the time like a chicken with his head cut off while all his teammates stood around unsure because they never knew where he was going with it.

But this increased ball dominance can also be seen in the numbers. The increased amount of shooting mentioned above, in combination with the decrease in assists. 2 less assists per game, which is huge, given the extent to which he held onto the ball.

His defense was worse than usual, which is hard to quantify, but can at least partially be seen in the drop in steals.

And the result of all of the above, the overall drop in his efficiency (or, put another way, his choking), can be seen in the drop across the board of the 3 efficiency stats shown here, PER, TS%, and eFG%.

Sorry, man, but it's true. He choked.

Hell, I wish it wasn't true more than anything. I'm a Nuggets fan. I wanted to win these games and make deeper playoff runs. One could make the case that the Spurs and Lakers were simply better teams and therefore would have won no matter how well the Nuggets played. But I'd certainly make the case (as I have here) that a big part of the reason Denver didn't at least give those teams a better run for their money (instead of losing 1-4 to the Spurs and getting swept by L.A.) was the BIGTIME dropoff in Iverson's postseason performance level.

I watched every single playoff game while he was on denver but to blame it on iverson is pretty sad..yall still aint go nowhere even with him not on the team

Swashcuff
06-23-2010, 10:43 PM
I think Den is just being bias in his attitude towards Iverson. Saying he choked is just inaccurate. Saying he did not play at the same level in which he usually does in the play offs is certainly more accurate.

You said you looked at all the games. I did as well and Allen Iverson wasn't the only player who looked as if he was just not in sync with the rest of the team. The entire team didn't bring their A games when they needed and against the Spurs/Lakers the couldn't afford not to.

I watched those games very closely and quite frankly A.I. along with the rest of the nuggets was out matched and out played. He DID NOT choke. That's absolutely ridiculous. I believe your dislike towards him as a nuggs is showing.

C-Dub
06-23-2010, 10:53 PM
im a nuggz fan and AI is my favorite player, although i like to usually agree with Den and go along with my team, Id have to agree that when AI was with Denver the whole team played like crap in the playoffs, especially cuz Duncan is a wine baby and got every call he wanted that first year AI was there. The bigs not playing physical and the lack of a good PG is what hurt the nuggets. AI is a sg, not a pg. I refuse to blame anything like that on him while he was with the nuggets. he did NOT choke. the experiment was not a failure, winning 50 games is not a failure. they just did not have the pieces they needed. Oh, and yall know id love him back in denver with a real pg (billups) after they trade smith away ;).

i actually have written a ton of stuff on AI in the nuggets forum, and about how people think he sorta just fell off the map the last couple seasons, but i go on his side, of course, and explain if from the view of AI. maybe i can find it somewhere and post it, see what you guys think haha

C-Dub
06-23-2010, 11:22 PM
ha found it!

"dont think its fair to assume that he is over the player he considers himself either. hear me out. i could defend any player for these reasons, not just AI. OK, look at his stats from when he was in Denver. Still scored a ton, like 26 ppg, and even averaged 6-7 assists and 2 or so steals a game. nothing lost in denver id say.
now, send him to detroit where they want him to play completely different from what hes used to, and make him play pg, and make him play bench with waaay less minutes. production is bound to go down, not to mention his spirits as a player.
ok, so well give him a break there. now in the offseason everyone think that 17 ppg and 5-6 assists is bad. well its not! sure it was a down season for him but think about what he played through, differences in the type of team, no chemistry, and less minutes. dont you think the numbers are going to go down? just because hes AI and people expect more and didnt get it hes now not a good player anymore? thats plain BS
Ok, so now he ends up signing with Memphis. His reason to go there is to start because hes obviously better than Conley and a better scorer than OJ. hes bound to get minutes and take a mentor type of role. everything seems perfect until... he actually gets injured. which any player can, you dont see people gettin mad at a player like duncan if he gets injured. so who cares. when he able to play he will start cuz you know what to expect from him. Well, should be the same with AI. Only thing is, everyone in the front office was against getting him except the owner and he has like no say, i guess as to what happens with AI. All the coaching staff wants for AI is to come off the bench, which is why AI didnt sign with LA or any other team! why the hell would you sign him if you knew this, he aint going to take it lightly! and i wouldnt either! why the heck would you even offer him a contract if you are going against what you know he intends to do. they screwed him over.
then in philly his knee was still kinda messed up. he had to rest it and keep goin on it, not too much of either, or it would mess it up. so playing on it too much was bad, and resting it too much was bad. its hard to come play a season like that. also, his daughter was sick, he is at the point where family is getting more and more and more important to him, if someone dont chose family over career then they are just plain messed up. i dont see the whole philly thing as a fault, but more of a soul search and resting period.
and now it comes to this. because of one bad season teams want to bring him off the bench when he is obviously not that bad of a player to do that. he plays big minutes which he should, he makes things happen, and with a good pg, can still do great things."

DenButsu
06-23-2010, 11:41 PM
I watched every single playoff game while he was on denver but to blame it on iverson is pretty sad..yall still aint go nowhere even with him not on the team

Last year at least, we went farther with him gone. And we will again.

And I'm sorry, but it's not "sad" to tell the truth.

I'm not saying he's the only player on the roster who didn't play well in one series or the other. Melo played great against the Spurs, but not nearly as well against the Lakers. Nene played great against the Spurs, especially in terms of taking on Duncan, but also fell flat against L.A. So I'm not making the case that Iverson is solely to blame.

But I will say this: If you take on a $20 million per contract of a perennial All-Star, you do not have equal expectations of him and the rest of the players on the roster. You expect him to be, more than anybody else, to be the player who rises up and raises his game and leads the team. He did none of that. In fact, he did just the opposite. And if I hold him to a higher standard, it's because for the money paid to him and for his stature and for the reasons he was brought to the team (to help Melo get out of the first round and beyond), I feel justified in having higher expectations of him than the rest of the team.

And if you don't think I'm justified in holding him to a higher standard of expectations, than I can only assume that you're not really confident that he's really that great.

The Jokemaker
06-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Didn't this same exact discussion happen last summer? Grizzlies gave him a chance and a contract, started him, killed the beginning of their season and arguably cost them a playoff spot. Iverson is done.

DenButsu
06-23-2010, 11:53 PM
I think Den is just being bias in his attitude towards Iverson. Saying he choked is just inaccurate. Saying he did not play at the same level in which he usually does in the play offs is certainly more accurate.

You said you looked at all the games. I did as well and Allen Iverson wasn't the only player who looked as if he was just not in sync with the rest of the team. The entire team didn't bring their A games when they needed and against the Spurs/Lakers the couldn't afford not to.

I watched those games very closely and quite frankly A.I. along with the rest of the nuggets was out matched and out played. He DID NOT choke. That's absolutely ridiculous. I believe your dislike towards him as a nuggs is showing.

I'm not making the case that he's the only player who choked in both series (as I just said above).

But the difference is that the whole team was out of sync because of the guy dominating the ball. Which was AI. He refused to run set plays, he insisted on retaining possession of the ball for the majority of most possessions, he dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled down the shot clock to :07-:04 seconds again and again leaving himself no better option that chucking up bad shots, even while other players were standing around open.

He deservedly gets a larger share of the blame because he controlled the ball more than all the other players (thereby decreasing their ability to make an impact), made a higher salary than all the other players, and was expected to be the veteran leader more than all the other players.

If he's going to insist on being the man on the team - and he did, by way of his play on the court - then I'll credit him with success if he earns it, but the flip side of that is that he also shoulders the blame in failure.

And he failed. Sorry. I wish it weren't true. But he really did.

3RDASYSTEM
06-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Yo DEN you do realize that they were scared to trade Kleiza for Artest who by the way is getting like 6 mil per overseas...what a waste and plus no Nene for 08,but who cares they lost anyway...and DEN who do you blame for Nuggets 1st round exit this yr against a depleted Jazz squad? Chauncey or AI? Last but not least nobody on here has answered my question about how many times has a guy played 1 season with a team and win it all, he only played half season in 07 so im not counting that,im counting 2008 when he has 3rd in league scoring 50wins and they flaked out scared to trade a guy that they ''own'' the rights to,but not on the current roster and Artest could have slowed Bryant instead of KMart guarding him...in the 07 Playoffs i thought AI/Nene had nice chemistry but i also thought AI was overdoing it and not getting Melo involved more.. then he was lost til they played LA in playoffs 08 so all chemistry was gone...but the bottomline is they didnt get it done and he still got game...

DenButsu
06-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Yo DEN you do realize that they were scared to trade Kleiza for Artest who by the way is getting like 6 mil per overseas...what a waste and plus no Nene for 08,but who cares they lost anyway...and DEN who do you blame for Nuggets 1st round exit this yr against a depleted Jazz squad? Chauncey or AI? Last but not least nobody on here has answered my question about how many times has a guy played 1 season with a team and win it all, he only played half season in 07 so im not counting that,im counting 2008 when he has 3rd in league scoring 50wins and they flaked out scared to trade a guy that they ''own'' the rights to,but not on the current roster and Artest could have slowed Bryant instead of KMart guarding him...in the 07 Playoffs i thought AI/Nene had nice chemistry but i also thought AI was overdoing it and not getting Melo involved more.. then he was lost til they played LA in playoffs 08 so all chemistry was gone...but the bottomline is they didnt get it done and he still got game...

First of all, this isn't personal, so if you don't mind, drop the sarcasm, please. Of course I don't blame AI for this year's first round exit. :eyebrow: :sigh: I wrote plenty about what I thought about that in the Nuggets forum. If you want to know, dig up the game threads. But this thread is about AI, so let's keep it on topic.

Failing to pull the trigger on LK for Artest is really neither here nor there. I have no reason to believe that AI would have played any differently whether Artest would have been there or not, especially since he played very similarly in both 2007 and 2008. (But just for the record, in 2008 Kleiza was on the active roster, and not just a player who Denver had the rights to. Had the deal been done, it would have been a straight one-for-one swap).

I don't know the answer to your "how many times" question, although Shaq to the Heat does come to mind first off the top of my head. But I never said anything about winning it all, anyhow. I'm talking strictly about just getting out of the first round, which is a pretty low and realistic bar to set, if you ask me.

But here's the real bottom line problem:

A different poster said earlier in this thread that when AI is uninjured and in his best form, he's still the best player in the NBA.

And the problem is, that's what Allen Iverson really believes, too. If he would genuinely accept at the bottom of his heart that he could now best help a team coming off the bench for 15-20 minutes a game to give them an offensive spark, but that he was in no way part of the team's core or starting lineup, then to answer the question in the top post, I do think he could contribute to a championship team.

But it's important, even while being confident and believing in his abilities, for him also to understand his limitations. And he's really never accepted that. And if he never does, he's probably finished in the NBA.

I really do like him. I think he's a good guy. He's got a ton of heart, there's no doubt about that. But I kind of wish just for his sake that he'd go to Europe. He'd be a big star there (which come on, let's keep it real, he does want to be), he'd be loved and adored, and he'd almost certainly make more money than he could make in the NBA, while also playing a larger role for whatever team he played on.

I don't know what's up with his family, I know there's trouble there, and that may limit his options in terms of doing something like that. But strictly speaking in terms of his current abilities and what seems to be his estimation of his own abilities, I think that would be his best move.

Hustlenomics
06-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Last year at least, we went farther with him gone. And we will again.

And I'm sorry, but it's not "sad" to tell the truth.

I'm not saying he's the only player on the roster who didn't play well in one series or the other. Melo played great against the Spurs, but not nearly as well against the Lakers. Nene played great against the Spurs, especially in terms of taking on Duncan, but also fell flat against L.A. So I'm not making the case that Iverson is solely to blame.

But I will say this: If you take on a $20 million per contract of a perennial All-Star, you do not have equal expectations of him and the rest of the players on the roster. You expect him to be, more than anybody else, to be the player who rises up and raises his game and leads the team. He did none of that. In fact, he did just the opposite. And if I hold him to a higher standard, it's because for the money paid to him and for his stature and for the reasons he was brought to the team (to help Melo get out of the first round and beyond), I feel justified in having higher expectations of him than the rest of the team.

And if you don't think I'm justified in holding him to a higher standard of expectations, than I can only assume that you're not really confident that he's really that great.

ok but yall got kicked out the first round this year without him, you can blame him all you want but yall arent going ANYWHERE without him neither..denver wont win a ring anytime soon.

Raoul Duke
06-24-2010, 10:06 AM
ok but yall got kicked out the first round this year without him, you can blame him all you want but yall arent going ANYWHERE without him neither..denver wont win a ring anytime soon.

You can't think of any other reasons why Denver took a step back in the playoffs this year, besides the fact that they didn't have AI?

DenButsu
06-24-2010, 11:11 AM

^What RD said.

But in case you missed the news, George Karl missed the entire 2nd half of the season due to cancer, and Kenyon Martin was injured for pretty much the entire 2nd half of the season as well, missing a ton of games. Before the ASB, Denver was sitting pretty at the #2 seed.

97NYer
06-24-2010, 11:34 AM
It would really take adjustments..IMO he's done

Kakaroach
06-24-2010, 11:36 AM
It would really take adjustments..IMO he's done Yeah the only way I see him coming back, and I'm sure most GMs feel the same way, is he coming off of the bench for a playoff team. Then he could make a pretty big difference if you ask me.

Swashcuff
06-24-2010, 11:40 AM
It would really take adjustments..IMO he's done

if you watched him play in Philly last season you would NEVER say that. He is a shadow of his former self no doubt about that. He won't even get you 20ppg but he can still contribute in a multitude of different ways. He showed real maturity last season on the court for the 76ers. If he can replicate that again next season he'll be of real value to any team that he plays for. Problem is that's a big IF.

awmathewsjr
06-24-2010, 11:51 AM
lol, all tha ppl callin AI a cancer only started payin attention to his career for last two years. completly ridiculous. AI problley dont wanna go to tha doodoo *** raptors n e ways.

I've been watching AI since G-Town, he's been a cancer but it was well disguised by john thompson who gave AI the green light and larry brown who surrounded him by nothing but defensive minded players so that his disability to play team ball on offense wouldn't be exposed. As soon as he was put on teams where there were other players who could actually score it was a problem.

BkOriginalOne
06-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Knicks.

awmathewsjr
06-24-2010, 12:07 PM

No one has answered that question because no one expected Denver to win it all because of AI. But we did expect him to make them a better team and he didn't, but isn't it ironic how soon as he got traded they became one of the better teams on the west and Detroit who was a perennial powerhouse on the East became weak all of a sudden. But let me guess AI fans, he was done wrong and it wasn't his fault.

Hustlenomics
06-24-2010, 01:30 PM
^ isnt it ironic they got kicked out the first round to a squad missing their front court ..haha AI'S FAULT!

^What RD said.

But in case you missed the news, George Karl missed the entire 2nd half of the season due to cancer, and Kenyon Martin was injured for pretty much the entire 2nd half of the season as well, missing a ton of games. Before the ASB, Denver was sitting pretty at the #2 seed.

AI didn't play with healthy Nuggets bigs either ..and when yall get kicked out the playoffs AGAIN this season i wanna hear the excuses

ivylleague1'
06-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Coach Karl has already and publicly settled this matter when he proclaimed Allen Iverson the teams MVP. See his TV comment in 2008 off season. Nuggets coach knew better !!!!!!

koLohe2133
06-24-2010, 02:23 PM
the answer is the best, pound-for-pound player in NBA history.....

hopefully he gets to sign with boston and play with rondo, the truth, and the big ticket....

unlike jesus shuttlesworth, ai never chokes in a big game...he hits big shots then steps over whoever he just crossed.....

ps- the thuggets play for the regular seasons and dont show up when it matters.

C-Dub
06-24-2010, 02:30 PM
i got you on the AI part, but the NUGGETS will bring it this season, you can count on that ;)

Swashcuff
06-24-2010, 02:31 PM

hopefully he gets to sign with boston and play with rondo, the truth, and the big ticket....

unlike jesus shuttlesworth, ai never chokes in a big game...he hits big shots then steps over whoever he just crossed.....

;)

awmathewsjr
06-24-2010, 03:34 PM

I have a bad memory and was wondering could you help me out...... How many games did they win after he stepped over the great defensive specislist Tyron Lue:facepalm:

Swashcuff
06-24-2010, 03:38 PM
I have a bad memory and was wondering could you help me out...... How many games did they win after he stepped over the great defensive specislist Tyron Lue:facepalm:

how many games did any other team win agaisnt the lakers that year? It sure as hell wasn't his fault they didnt win anymore games. He busted his ***** but the lakers adjusted and capitalized.

PhillyFan001
06-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Allen Iverson could still score 20 points per game if the coaches let him. Iverson has listened to his coaches and look the way he is playing, If Allen Iverson is allowed to play his game he will score 20 a night. I think Iverson has had a better career than Kobe but he never had any talent surrounding him. Kobe has always had talent surrounding him. The SIXERS could use him

awmathewsjr
06-24-2010, 03:52 PM
how many games did any other team win agaisnt the lakers that year? It sure as hell wasn't his fault they didnt win anymore games. He busted his ***** but the lakers adjusted and capitalized.

Jus havin fun with the sensitive AI fans. But thats probably the most overhyped play in AI's career. At the end of the day it was Tyron Lue and that was the only game the he ever won in the NBA Finals

C-Dub
06-24-2010, 04:03 PM
^ dwade said last season that a great player can always win 1 playoff game by himself, AI did it all that playoffs and the one game in the finals! lol

PhillyFan001
06-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Jus havin fun with the sensitive AI fans. But thats probably the most overhyped play in AI's career. At the end of the day it was Tyron Lue and that was the only game the he ever won in the NBA Finals

The lakers were stacked, the sixers were not

koLohe2133
06-24-2010, 04:28 PM

LOL...

im not sensitive at all.

yea, he stepped over tyron lue......and carried that team to the finals.

he made EVERYONE on that team better....i mean, the biggest thing aaron mckie did after winning the 6th man award in 2001 (which he wouldnt have if he didnt have iverson on the squad) WAS COMING BACK FROM RETIREMENT TO BE A PART OF THE BIGGEST LOPSIDED TRADE IN THE HISTORY OF BASKETBALL....i mean, really, getting pau gasol kind of giftwrapped at least 2 championships for the FAKESHOW...(having joey crawford as the ref in game 7 this year helped as well).:facepalm:

also, idk if u remember a young, rookie allen iverson crossing over the greatest basketball player of all time.....

Hustlenomics
06-24-2010, 04:30 PM
lol...

Im not sensitive at all.

Yea, he stepped over tyron lue......and carried that team to the finals.

He made everyone on that team better....i mean, the biggest thing aaron mckie did after winning the 6th man award in 2001 (which he wouldnt have if he didnt have iverson on the squad) was coming back from retirement to be a part of the biggest lopsided trade in the history of basketball....i mean, really, getting pau gasol kind of giftwrapped at least 2 championships for the fakeshow...(having joey crawford as the ref in game 7 this year helped as well).:facepalm:

Also, idk if u remember a young, rookie allen iverson crossing over the greatest basketball player of all time.....
+10000

awmathewsjr
06-24-2010, 04:42 PM
LOL...

im not sensitive at all.

he made EVERYONE on that team better....i mean, the biggest thing aaron mckie did after winning the 6th man award in 2001 (which he wouldnt have if he didnt have iverson on the squad) WAS COMING BACK FROM RETIREMENT TO BE A PART OF THE BIGGEST LOPSIDED TRADE IN THE HISTORY OF BASKETBALL....i mean, really, getting pau gasol kind of giftwrapped at least 2 championships for the FAKESHOW...(having joey crawford as the ref in game 7 this year helped as well).:facepalm:

also, idk if u remember a young, rookie allen iverson crossing over the greatest basketball player of all time.....

Once again I have a bad memory... What was the outcome of that game?
And didn't you guy's dad(AI lol) get crossed by Rodney Stuckey this past year:facepalm:

Gators123
06-24-2010, 04:48 PM
And didn't you guy's dad(AI lol) get crossed by Rodney Stuckey this past year:facepalm:

Stuckey & Billups crossed him. Kind of ironic :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0WflOAFrt4

SMH!
06-24-2010, 04:50 PM

Name any person, everyone gets crossed, but I guarantee you this.. AI's has more ankle breakers in his best season then stuckey has in his CAREER. Lets not talk about ankle breakers now.

koLohe2133
06-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Stuckey & Billups crossed him. Kind of ironic :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0WflOAFrt4

both of them arent headed to the hall. AI is.

i really dont understand how basketball fans hate on allen iverson. the man is like 5'10'' and doesnt hesitate to go toe-to-toe with huge behemoths like shaq. he squeezes the most out of his athletic ability all the time.

yea, he has had issues, but look at where he was raised....NEWPORT NEWS VA....

i mean, he's a better athlete and human being than mike vick

koLohe2133
06-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Name any person, everyone gets crossed, but I guarantee you this.. AI's has more ankle breakers in his best season then stuckey has in his CAREER. Lets not talk about ankle breakers now.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap:

SMH!
06-24-2010, 04:55 PM

And that tyron lue play? AI scored 7 straight points against the dominant lakers, and that lue played summed it all up.

SMH!
06-24-2010, 04:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6u0-Pjhokc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgZ1LUWCAJM&NR=1&feature=fvwp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds5JbmRS-Pk&feature=related

^^
The greatest fall to ankle breakers.

awmathewsjr
06-24-2010, 04:58 PM
both of them arent headed to the hall. AI is.

i really dont understand how basketball fans hate on allen iverson. the man is like 5'10'' and doesnt hesitate to go toe-to-toe with huge behemoths like shaq. he squeezes the most out of his athletic ability all the time.

yea, he has had issues, but look at where he was raised....NEWPORT NEWS VA....

i mean, he's a better athlete and human being than mike vick

Billups has something that AI will never get also. Finals MVP

Gators123
06-24-2010, 04:59 PM

koLohe2133
06-24-2010, 05:06 PM

has chauncey ever lead a team? or was he in the right place at the right time?

i mean, look....that pistons team was legit. billups, rip, tayshaun, rasheed, and big ben....but they woulda got creamed by those twolves had they gotten past the fakeshow.

like i said, right place, right time. also, tony parker has a finals mvp too....does that make him better than iverson? emphatically NO.

once again, IVERSON is a HALL OF FAME PLAYER.

also, this is an IVERSON thread. not a detroit pistons thread. go throw some more beer at a player....then get CLOCKED by a player

Raoul Duke
06-24-2010, 05:27 PM
i mean, look....that pistons team was legit. billups, rip, tayshaun, rasheed, and big ben....but they woulda got creamed by those twolves had they gotten past the fakeshow.

You shouldn't need to shortchange other players to make your argument, if it indeed exists.

koLohe2133
06-24-2010, 05:36 PM
You shouldn't need to shortchange other players to make your argument, if it indeed exists.

im not trying to "shortchange" anyone....

im saying that it was a good team, billups was in the right place at the right time and won the nba finals mvp....

imagine AI with that squad.....

the answer took a team with eric snow, aaron mckie, tyrone hill and dikembe as the other starters to the finals....

iverson's problem is that he has NEVER played with a dominant, offensive post player....mutumbo was defense only! he didnt even like to go to the offensive side of the court! he played with cwebb who was a SHELL of himself as a sixer!

::cue detroit piston fans to start clambering for big ben as a dominant post player::

DenButsu
06-24-2010, 08:20 PM
I think I'm done with this thread. Too many Iverson fans (not ALL of them, but many) are just so inflexible and stubborn about insisting he's the greatest player of all time that they refuse to acknowledge the flaws in his game, his shortcomings on the leadership and team player fronts, and really, the simple existence in the universe of a thing called TIME, which has the unfortunate natural impact of causing ALL basketball players to age and decline.

But as a final thought: Anybody who can't understand why Billups MORE than deserved the Finals MVP, and how crucial his leadership and his game on the court was to the Pistons winning that championship, needs to become a better student of basketball if they want their arguments to be taken more seriously in the future. Sure, if breaking ankles won championships, then AI might have a fistful of rings. But the game is so much bigger than that.

Vikingfan84
06-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Iverson is one of the best guards to ever play the game behind Jordan and Kobe obviously. Iverson has a huge heart and only wants to win. Iverson will be back and will be a key to any team that wants to put themselves over the hump.

I'd take him in New Orleans if we move CP3.

SMH!
06-25-2010, 02:03 AM
I think I'm done with this thread. Too many Iverson fans (not ALL of them, but many) are just so inflexible and stubborn about insisting he's the greatest player of all time that they refuse to acknowledge the flaws in his game, his shortcomings on the leadership and team player fronts, and really, the simple existence in the universe of a thing called TIME, which has the unfortunate natural impact of causing ALL basketball players to age and decline.

But as a final thought: Anybody who can't understand why Billups MORE than deserved the Finals MVP, and how crucial his leadership and his game on the court was to the Pistons winning that championship, needs to become a better student of basketball if they want their arguments to be taken more seriously in the future. Sure, if breaking ankles won championships, then AI might have a fistful of rings. But the game is so much bigger than that.

Good post, but way to take a shot at AI, he tried his heart out in denver, If AI had melo after melo's performance in the olympics (which made melo a better defensive player), if AI had Nene (who was out that season) if AI had chris anderson, if AI had the new JR smith, I believe The nuggets would have the same success right now, I love chauncey, I know AI is not the greatest, he isnt even my favorite player, it's guys like you who take shots at AI when hes down, AI broke ankles, Chauncey won a ring, flaw's in both of there games, we know that, but at least respect the answer, the man is a legend, hall of famer, etc..

SMH!
06-25-2010, 02:04 AM

AI has something chauncey doesnt and will never have, an MVP, scoring title, rookie of the year, and MANY MORE titles.

SMH!
06-25-2010, 02:06 AM

Honestly since you come in here taking shots at AI, who isnt even my favorite player, Im gonna simply say RODNEY STUCKEY IS OVERRATED.

0nekhmer
06-25-2010, 02:22 AM
Allen iverson is bad at dribbling.

C-Dub
06-25-2010, 10:17 AM
^ are you on drugs?

awmathewsjr
06-25-2010, 10:37 AM
im not trying to "shortchange" anyone....

im saying that it was a good team, billups was in the right place at the right time and won the nba finals mvp....

imagine AI with that squad.....

the answer took a team with eric snow, aaron mckie, tyrone hill and dikembe as the other starters to the finals....

iverson's problem is that he has NEVER played with a dominant, offensive post player....mutumbo was defense only! he didnt even like to go to the offensive side of the court! he played with cwebb who was a SHELL of himself as a sixer!

::cue detroit piston fans to start clambering for big ben as a dominant post player::

You're shortchanging him with your statment "right place at the right time"
which is ridiculous by the way. And we don't have to imagine AI with that team because he played with them and made them horrible.

awmathewsjr
06-25-2010, 10:40 AM
AI has something chauncey doesnt and will never have, an MVP, scoring title, rookie of the year, and MANY MORE titles.

Which is more important Reg Season MVP or Finals MVP?

Swashcuff
06-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Which is more important Reg Season MVP or Finals MVP?

you can't win a finals MVP without the supporting cast playing well as well. Finals IS more important but a lot easier to get. A man can't beat a team on his own. Especially a dynasty at their peak.

awmathewsjr
06-25-2010, 11:51 AM
you can't win a finals MVP without the supporting cast playing well as well. Finals IS more important but a lot easier to get. A man can't beat a team on his own. Especially a dynasty at their peak.

That's the dumbest s**t I ever heard. Kobe and MJ both agree that getting finals MVP is a greater feat than the regular season award. So don't try to water it down like it's not that hard to achieve, cause if that was the case AI would have one.

Swashcuff
06-25-2010, 12:00 PM
You're shortchanging him with your statment "right place at the right time"
which is ridiculous by the way. And we don't have to imagine AI with that team because he played with them and made them horrible.

you are shortchanging A.I. and acting as if he did something easy. He lead a team in which had no real secondary scoring option to the NBA finals and still won a game (on the road) against the team that put on the most dominant play off run of all time. He played almost every minute of every game not because he was selfish but throughout the play offs the sixers were getting killed when he wasn't on the floor. He fought just as hard as any player you mentioned, including Chauncey and you not giving him credit because he doesn't have a ring or a Finals MVP.

How many finals MVP's does John Stockton or Oscar Robertson have? But i bet if you replace Chauncey with a Prime version of them that year they would have had the same result. The other guy has a point (though I don't agree with it) of him being in the right place at the right time.

Dude you are being such a hater its not funny. I have no prob if you dislike A.I.'s game or him as a person but you got to respect the man's heart, effort and ability. He was a warrior on the hardwood and he gave his all.

Oh and one last thing he did NOT play with that team. He played with four players who were playing some of the best basketball of their lives, a HOF head coach and a pretty serviceable bench. I A.I. at any time in his career had a supporting cast such as that I have no doubt that he himself would also have a finals MVP.

Swashcuff
06-25-2010, 12:04 PM
That's the dumbest s**t I ever heard. Kobe and MJ both agree that getting finals MVP is a greater feat than the regular season award. So don't try to water it down like it's not that hard to achieve, cause if that was the case AI would have one.

Perform at your best over a 7 (or less) game span against 23 other players. Based on the odds that is easier to get. Note because apparently you are too slow to understand its based on the notion that said player made it to the finals.

awmathewsjr
06-25-2010, 12:30 PM
you are shortchanging A.I. and acting as if he did something easy. He lead a team in which had no real secondary scoring option to the NBA finals and still won a game (on the road) against the team that put on the most dominant play off run of all time. He played almost every minute of every game not because he was selfish but throughout the play offs the sixers were getting killed when he wasn't on the floor. He fought just as hard as any player you mentioned, including Chauncey and you not giving him credit because he doesn't have a ring or a Finals MVP.

How many finals MVP's does John Stockton or Oscar Robertson have? But i bet if you replace Chauncey with a Prime version of them that year they would have had the same result. The other guy has a point (though I don't agree with it) of him being in the right place at the right time.

Dude you are being such a hater its not funny. I have no prob if you dislike A.I.'s game or him as a person but you got to respect the man's heart, effort and ability. He was a warrior on the hardwood and he gave his all.

Oh and one last thing he did NOT play with that team. He played with four players who were playing some of the best basketball of their lives, a HOF head coach and a pretty serviceable bench. I A.I. at any time in his career had a supporting cast such as that I have no doubt that he himself would also have a finals MVP.

If you were reveiwing this entire thread instead of just posting dumb ***** based on your AI infatuation, you would have seen post#146 where I already addressed Larry Brrown's reasoning for having AI surrounded by def minded players.

awmathewsjr
06-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Perform at your best over a 7 (or less) game span against 23 other players. Based on the odds that is easier to get. Note because apparently you are too slow to understand its based on the notion that said player made it to the finals.

Ok mathematician. Well I guess you have more credibility than MJ or Kobe.

Lakerfrk
06-25-2010, 12:43 PM
ladies, you're both pretty.

justinnum1
06-25-2010, 01:25 PM

Wrong. Dwyane Wade not only won the 2006 Finals by himself...he got the Finals MVP as well.

Swashcuff
06-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Wrong. Dwyane Wade not only won the 2006 Finals by himself...he got the Finals MVP as well.

wow yeah i remember Wade won all 4 of those games BY HIMSELF with Shaq being NO sort of presence what soever Udonis doing a horrible job on D and the Mavericks playing their A game all series long. Dude don't do that to your self. The Heat won the Finals not just D. Even though he put on one hell of a performance. Better than any A.I. ever had.

Swashcuff
06-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Ok mathematician. Well I guess you have more credibility than MJ or Kobe.

dude did you read what i said in the earlier post. I agreed that it is more heralded but once a team is able to get to the finals it is easier to get which is why MJ has 6 FMVP to 5 MVP and Kobe has 2 FMVP to 1 MVP.

justinnum1
06-25-2010, 01:40 PM
wow yeah i remember Wade won all 4 of those games BY HIMSELF with Shaq being NO sort of presence what soever Udonis doing a horrible job on D and the Mavericks playing their A game all series long. Dude don't do that to your self. The Heat won the Finals not just D. Even though he put on one hell of a performance. Better than any A.I. ever had.

I never said anything about AI:confused: Wade won that Series.

DenButsu
06-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Okay, I swear, this is my very last final argument of this thread. Here goes...

To insist that AI can make a comeback, be starter, and make a big impact in the NBA in 2010 is equivalent to insisting that the Limp Bizkits can come back in 2010 and become a relevant band again.

Sorry, folks, but this show is over. And if it goes on, it will just be sad. It'll be like that stripper at the club who's just a little bit too old to be there anymore, but they don't want to fire her because she's cool, but the unfortunate reality is that nobody is asking her for lap dances anymore. (You know, like the one in The Wrestler).

And with that, I'm officially done.

Swashcuff
06-25-2010, 01:41 PM
I've been watching AI since G-Town, he's been a cancer but it was well disguised by john thompson who gave AI the green light and larry brown who surrounded him by nothing but defensive minded players so that his disability to play team ball on offense wouldn't be exposed. As soon as he was put on teams where there were other players who could actually score it was a problem.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: you obviously have no clue what you're talking about....

i previously had no reason to comment on this but damn I had to now that you give THIS as your reasoning..... you make NO SENSE whatsoever are you being serious dude?

Swashcuff
06-25-2010, 01:42 PM

To insist that AI can make a comeback, be starter, and make a big impact in the NBA in 2010 is equivalent to insisting that the Limp Bizkits can come back in 2010 and become a relevant band again.

Sorry, folks, but this show is over. And if it goes on, it will just be sad. It'll be like that stripper at the club who's just a little bit too old to be there anymore, but they don't want to fire her because she's cool, but the unfortunate reality is that nobody is asking her for lap dances anymore. (You know, like the one in The Wrestler).

the show may indeed be over but it was great while it lasted.

Kakaroach
06-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Like I said earlier, if AI can come back and is willing to accept a role off of the bench, he can make a comeback. But no way anyone would even talk to him if he still wants to be a starter.

koLohe2133
06-25-2010, 02:05 PM

at what point did i say he is the greatest player of all time? mj is the greatest, there is no denying that....

does AI have faults? of course he does. however, i really dont think leadership is one of them. when he plays for a coach that deserves his respect (larry brown, george karl)...u dont have any issues with him. i think players would LOVE to play with someone who tries so hard night in n night out....when he plays for a no-name political appointment coach who wants him to come off the bench and start someone who avgs 6 points a game, he has attitude....

and chauncey billups leadership has done wonders for the thuggets hasnt it. they go golfing early may year in and year out.

the game IS much more bigger than breaking ankles. to win, u must have an excellent TEAM around u. iverson has yet to play on a great team.

DenButsu
06-25-2010, 02:14 PM
at what point did i say he is the greatest player of all time?

Apparently at the same time I quoted your post and addressed you specifically.

koLohe2133
06-25-2010, 02:17 PM

allen iverson can and WILL be a starter....

im not saying he is going to drop 30 a night anymore...but he is definitely better than stuckey, vince carter (who is a CHOKE ARTIST), and courtney lee to name a few.

hypothetically, lets say boston doesnt resign ray-ray and sign ai....who would u rather start at the 2- tony allen, nate robinson, or iverson?

dont be an idiot.

DenButsu
06-25-2010, 02:20 PM

[...]

dont be an idiot.

I rest my case.

koLohe2133
06-25-2010, 02:24 PM
LOL...

im not sensitive at all.

dude, i said a rookie allen iverson crossed over the greatest basketball player of all time.....

so unless iverson crossed himself over and still hit the j against the bulls, then yes, i am calling iverson the greatest.....

i mean, he is so talented im sure he could have.....but he didnt.

Gators123
06-25-2010, 02:27 PM

im not saying he is going to drop 30 a night anymore...but he is definitely better than stuckey, vince carter (who is a CHOKE ARTIST), and courtney lee to name a few.

hypothetically, lets say boston doesnt resign ray-ray and sign ai....who would u rather start at the 2- tony allen, nate robinson, or iverson?

dont be an idiot.

LMAO

Stuckey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Iverson

Thats not even a question anymore

Hustlenomics
06-25-2010, 02:31 PM
^which is why he led yall straight to the lottery

Gators123
06-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Stuckey

17 PPG
4 RPG
5 APG

Iverson

14 PPG
3 RPG
4APG

And Stuckeys Numbers were even better before he collapsed on the court and his minutes went down

koLohe2133
06-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Stuckey

17 PPG
4 RPG
5 APG

Iverson

14 PPG
3 RPG
4APG

And Stuckeys Numbers were even better before he collapsed on the court and his minutes went down

yea lets look at one year stats, where iverson was dealing with "allegedly" having an alcohol problem, a gambling addiction, and a divorce with his high school sweetheart......

if u seriously wanna compare career stats, i can do that....but im giving u the option of recanting your statement.

seriously, if u really think rodney stuckey is better than allen iverson..... u have no judge in talent. u would probably think linsey lohan is the better catch than hayden panatierre

Gators123
06-25-2010, 02:40 PM
^which is why he led yall straight to the lottery

You must not remember all the injurys

missed games

Rip-36 games

Prince-33 games

Gordon-20 games

Bynum-19 games

Wallace-13 games

Wilcox-48 games

Stuckey-10 games

But Detroit and 76ers ended up with the same record.

PreppyboyQuest
06-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Allen can actually play for Miami with wade and which other superstar or max contracts they sign... i believe he can run the starting pg spot there and they can pay him a min. contract or even a 2 - 3 mil a year... he still have his skills he was shooting great from mid range with his return with the sixers but his attack was the part of his game that fell off. but if he sign with Miami and wade and other superstars or max contracts is there all he have to do is hit open shots and they can do all the attacking. i say he can make a run with them because Chalmers isnt cutting it... and also its a plus because pat riley was targeting him last summer. and he is a great mentor and a hard bone gm and might come back to coach.

Gators123
06-25-2010, 02:42 PM
yea lets look at one year stats, where iverson was dealing with "allegedly" having an alcohol problem, a gambling addiction, and a divorce with his high school sweetheart......

if u seriously wanna compare career stats, i can do that....but im giving u the option of recanting your statement.

seriously, if u really think rodney stuckey is better than allen iverson..... u have no judge in talent. u would probably think linsey lohan is the better catch than hayden panatierre

That is probably one of the funniest things I've read all day.

career

Iverson>>>>>>>stuckey

last 2-3 years

Stuckey>>>>>iverson

PreppyboyQuest
06-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Stuckey

17 PPG
4 RPG
5 APG

Iverson

14 PPG
3 RPG
4APG

and your comparing a 30 + iverson who dealt with knee problems and drama with his family... to a 20+ stuckey now compare iverson in his 20s to stuckey in his 20s. and im telling you its crazy to even try to compare that you can get a glimpse of iverson stats but im telling you its crazy

PreppyboyQuest
06-25-2010, 02:45 PM

career

Iverson>>>>>>>stuckey

last 2-3 years

Stuckey>>>>>iverson

i say last year he was better den AI... but other then that iverson years stats wise been better.

Gators123
06-25-2010, 02:48 PM
and your comparing a 30 + iverson who dealt with knee problems and drama with his family... to a 20+ stuckey now compare iverson in his 20s to stuckey in his 20s. and im telling you its crazy to even try to compare that you can get a glimpse of iverson stats but im telling you its crazy

koLohe2133 said Iverson is better then Stuckey NOW I'm not talking about career.

awmathewsjr
06-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Allen can actually play for Miami with wade and which other superstar or max contracts they sign... i believe he can run the starting pg spot there and they can pay him a min. contract or even a 2 - 3 mil a year... he still have his skills he was shooting great from mid range with his return with the sixers but his attack was the part of his game that fell off. but if he sign with Miami and wade and other superstars or max contracts is there all he have to do is hit open shots and they can do all the attacking. i say he can make a run with them because Chalmers isnt cutting it... and also its a plus because pat riley was targeting him last summer. and he is a great mentor and a hard bone gm and might come back to coach.

don't think wade would like that idea. 2 blackholes on off, not good

BleedinGreen23
06-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Ai could and should be able to play on and with ANY team, someone will take Hopefully its a contender.

PreppyboyQuest
06-25-2010, 02:52 PM

how is that ? and wade and iverson is close friends... and if lebron goes to Miami he is real close friends also with AI...

koLohe2133
06-25-2010, 02:55 PM

missed games

Rip-36 games

Prince-33 games

Gordon-20 games

Bynum-19 games

Wallace-13 games

Wilcox-48 games

Stuckey-10 games

sorry, nobody cares about the detroit pistons.

Gators123
06-25-2010, 02:57 PM
sorry, nobody cares about the detroit pistons.

You said Iverson is still a starter in the NBA, I feel bad for you so I'm going to leave you alone.

koLohe2133
06-25-2010, 02:57 PM
koLohe2133 said Iverson is better then Stuckey NOW I'm not talking about career.

never said "NOW"....

also, i personally would rather have a player who can hit a jumper.....

stuckey is fast, athletic sure.....dime a dozen in this league...

also, whens the last time ai got carted out the gym? has that EVER happened?

Swashcuff
06-25-2010, 03:00 PM

Its RUMORED that Riley and A.I. have been chatting recently.

Note: I think nothing is going to happen of this because quite frankly Riley is exploring allllllllll possible options.

Gators123
06-25-2010, 03:03 PM
never said "NOW"....

also, i personally would rather have a player who can hit a jumper.....

stuckey is fast, athletic sure.....dime a dozen in this league...

also, whens the last time ai got carted out the gym? has that EVER happened?

Sounds like your saying Iverson is better then all of them NOW.

But seriously I'm done. Go stare at your Iverson posters on your wall, don't forget the paper towel and lotion.

You should probably use some lube though.

3RDASYSTEM
06-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Yo DEN its funny how everybody says how AI wasnt a great leader and how BILLUPS is and blah blah but how come BILLUPS played with like 5 different teams his like first 5 seasons? thats not really burning up leadership board,thats quite unstable,but now he's like a ''quinessential leader'' or something,its quite funny.....good player no doubt, and yeah DWade did win the Finals MVP, and what most people dont understand is AI avg more points per game than WADE in FINALS...so maybe if AI had a player to pose a double like SHAQ(who was getting doubled in that Finals for unknown reasons)then maybe that series go 6/7 instead of 5....go back and look at his rosters and tell me how can he make those ''teammates better'' he passed the ball....guys like M.HARPRING/MCKIE/SNOW/HILL/RATLIFF/WILLIAMSON/STACKHOUSE/KORVER/IGGY/DALEMBERT/HUGHES and the superwashed up former ALLSTAR/SUPERSTARS from WEBBER/BIG DOG/VAN HORN/COLEMAN ...now name me any i mean any SUPERSTAR player who could have done anything with any combinations of those players...thats pretty much what he played with...and last but not least L.BROWN was a DEF minded coach like D'ANTONI is a OFF. minded coach...do you understand a coach/player will stick to his views and vision no matter,thats why AI/BROWN clashed and then put it together cause that was the best PLAYER/COACH combo for 6yrs, but after CROCE left the vision to build around AI left also,he was the only one who had his back....im like you DEN im sick of talking about a HOF player...its sillly once you see how they treat the others like KOBE/WADE/LEBRON/CP3 but i dont never heard nobody say go get AI some help or even MELO for that matter....but all i hear today is this player dont got help and AI carried a team like CP3/WADE doing for 10yrs injured and all, and you see WADE/CP3 body breaking down,its a tough task...just face it if you're a SUPERSTAR player i base it off the talent they surround you with, those teams AI took to the playoffs shouldnt have even been there, let alone getting out of the 1st round...all the commentators used to say is ''Sixers have a chance cause of that #3 guy, how can you have a chance with a guy under 6feet and have nothing else to ride out with him? its like we happy/mad that he dominated a big mans league with very poor Bball talent...once again hustling/diving on the floor means your a great ''hustle player'' ala COWENS/SLOAN/VAREJO not a go getter who can carry a franchise or even just be a Robin

awmathewsjr
06-25-2010, 03:07 PM
how is that ? and wade and iverson is close friends... and if lebron goes to Miami he is real close friends also with AI...

Im not talkin friendship. Im talkin basketball

awmathewsjr
06-25-2010, 03:11 PM

But seriously I'm done. Go stare at your Iverson posters on your wall, don't forget the paper towel and lotion.

awmathewsjr
06-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Yo DEN its funny how everybody says how AI wasnt a great leader and how BILLUPS is and blah blah but how come BILLUPS played with like 5 different teams his like first 5 seasons? thats not really burning up leadership board,thats quite unstable,but now he's like a ''quinessential leader'' or something,its quite funny.....good player no doubt, and yeah DWade did win the Finals MVP, and what most people dont understand is AI avg more points per game than WADE in FINALS...so maybe if AI had a player to pose a double like SHAQ(who was getting doubled in that Finals for unknown reasons)then maybe that series go 6/7 instead of 5....go back and look at his rosters and tell me how can he make those ''teammates better'' he passed the ball....guys like M.HARPRING/MCKIE/SNOW/HILL/RATLIFF/WILLIAMSON/STACKHOUSE/KORVER/IGGY/DALEMBERT/HUGHES and the superwashed up former ALLSTAR/SUPERSTARS from WEBBER/BIG DOG/VAN HORN/COLEMAN ...now name me any i mean any SUPERSTAR player who could have done anything with any combinations of those players...thats pretty much what he played with...and last but not least L.BROWN was a DEF minded coach like D'ANTONI is a OFF. minded coach...do you understand a coach/player will stick to his views and vision no matter,thats why AI/BROWN clashed and then put it together cause that was the best PLAYER/COACH combo for 6yrs, but after CROCE left the vision to build around AI left also,he was the only one who had his back....im like you DEN im sick of talking about a HOF player...its sillly once you see how they treat the others like KOBE/WADE/LEBRON/CP3 but i dont never heard nobody say go get AI some help or even MELO for that matter....

Are you back again. Why do all of your post have the same info? How many times are you gonna name the 76ers roster. Dude seriously you have at least 5 post on this thread that say the same thing.

Lakersho
06-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Stuckey

17 PPG
4 RPG
5 APG

Iverson

14 PPG
3 RPG
4APG

missed games

Rip-36 games

Prince-33 games

Gordon-20 games

Bynum-19 games

Wallace-13 games

Wilcox-48 games

Stuckey-10 games

career

Iverson>>>>>>>stuckey

last 2-3 years

Stuckey>>>>>iverson
DAMB FELLAS !!!!!!:horse::horse::horse:
ITS DEAD ****...

3RDASYSTEM
06-25-2010, 03:30 PM
I got to post it cause it seems like everybody keeps talking about him playing with the NUGGETS greatly talented roster and that aging DETROIT roster and fail to realize his best yrs he played with HILL/MCKIE/LYNCH(guys they probably never heard of) so i keep posting more and more...its like they just started watching basketball the last couple of yrs....educate yourself then post on here or just educate yourself and be humble...and speaking of saying the same thing, thats all i hear is that AI is a cancer/bench player...i've never seen the media/fans try to ''make'' a player into a 6th man and i been watchin ball and playing well long enough to decipher truth from scapegoat...everybody whos a SUPERSTAR is on even keel because from JORDAN to KOBE to SHAQ to LEBRON to AI they all have been called something from arrogant/bad teammate/cocky but its like AI is the posterchild of it all he took it to new heights or something ..i think maybe cause he's too hip hop orientated or just a victim of being ''himself''..and last you havent answered not one of my 5 posts...i just enhance my post, i add on if you actually read it,but i wouldnt want to read the truth either

Hustlenomics
06-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Stuckey

17 PPG
4 RPG
5 APG

Iverson

14 PPG
3 RPG
4APG

they didnt even play AI more than 30 mpg and the stats are so close ..lol ai had better stats than rodney when they both were on the pistons

Yo DEN its funny how everybody says how AI wasnt a great leader and how BILLUPS is and blah blah but how come BILLUPS played with like 5 different teams his like first 5 seasons? thats not really burning up leadership board,thats quite unstable,but now he's like a ''quinessential leader'' or something,its quite funny.....good player no doubt, and yeah DWade did win the Finals MVP, and what most people dont understand is AI avg more points per game than WADE in FINALS...so maybe if AI had a player to pose a double like SHAQ(who was getting doubled in that Finals for unknown reasons)then maybe that series go 6/7 instead of 5....go back and look at his rosters and tell me how can he make those ''teammates better'' he passed the ball....guys like M.HARPRING/MCKIE/SNOW/HILL/RATLIFF/WILLIAMSON/STACKHOUSE/KORVER/IGGY/DALEMBERT/HUGHES and the superwashed up former ALLSTAR/SUPERSTARS from WEBBER/BIG DOG/VAN HORN/COLEMAN ...now name me any i mean any SUPERSTAR player who could have done anything with any combinations of those players...thats pretty much what he played with...and last but not least L.BROWN was a DEF minded coach like D'ANTONI is a OFF. minded coach...do you understand a coach/player will stick to his views and vision no matter,thats why AI/BROWN clashed and then put it together cause that was the best PLAYER/COACH combo for 6yrs, but after CROCE left the vision to build around AI left also,he was the only one who had his back....im like you DEN im sick of talking about a HOF player...its sillly once you see how they treat the others like KOBE/WADE/LEBRON/CP3 but i dont never heard nobody say go get AI some help or even MELO for that matter....but all i hear today is this player dont got help and AI carried a team like CP3/WADE doing for 10yrs injured and all, and you see WADE/CP3 body breaking down,its a tough task...just face it if you're a SUPERSTAR player i base it off the talent they surround you with, those teams AI took to the playoffs shouldnt have even been there, let alone getting out of the 1st round...all the commentators used to say is ''Sixers have a chance cause of that #3 guy, how can you have a chance with a guy under 6feet and have nothing else to ride out with him? its like we happy/mad that he dominated a big mans league with very poor Bball talent...once again hustling/diving on the floor means your a great ''hustle player'' ala COWENS/SLOAN/VAREJO not a go getter who can carry a franchise or even just be a Robin

+1

Hustlenomics
06-25-2010, 03:39 PM
player...i've never seen the media/fans try to ''make'' a player into a 6th man and i been watchin ball and playing well long enough to decipher truth from scapegoat...

soooo true Ai was averaging 26 ppg and was top 3 in points 9th in assists and 8th in steals per game and they made it seem like he was over and he can only be a bench player..most ridiculous ***** i've seen

koLohe2133
06-25-2010, 03:50 PM

LOL....

i dont have iverson posters on my wall....

i have posters of bryant big country reeves.....ooooo how i miss him.:facepalm:

koLohe2133
06-25-2010, 03:59 PM
yo gators123.....lets have a sig bet...

i bet u that WHATEVER team AI goes to, including minnesota.....that team has a better record than your beloved pistons next season

awmathewsjr
06-25-2010, 04:16 PM
I got to post it cause it seems like everybody keeps talking about him playing with the NUGGETS greatly talented roster and that aging DETROIT roster and fail to realize his best yrs he played with HILL/MCKIE/LYNCH(guys they probably never heard of) so i keep posting more and more...its like they just started watching basketball the last couple of yrs....educate yourself then post on here or just educate yourself and be humble...and speaking of saying the same thing, thats all i hear is that AI is a cancer/bench player...i've never seen the media/fans try to ''make'' a player into a 6th man and i been watchin ball and playing well long enough to decipher truth from scapegoat...everybody whos a SUPERSTAR is on even keel because from JORDAN to KOBE to SHAQ to LEBRON to AI they all have been called something from arrogant/bad teammate/cocky but its like AI is the posterchild of it all he took it to new heights or something ..i think maybe cause he's too hip hop orientated or just a victim of being ''himself''..and last you havent answered not one of my 5 posts...i just enhance my post, i add on if you actually read it,but i wouldnt want to read the truth either

Yeah but its coming from different people. But you're the only one who keeps reminding us over and over of Phili's roster. We know he played with George Lynch and Aaron McKie...... move on to other facts.

PreppyboyQuest
06-26-2010, 02:18 AM
Im not talkin friendship. Im talkin basketball

okk since you wanna go there people say lebron and wade wants to play together cause of they friendship or wade and bosh or even bosh and lebron... CHEMISTRY plays a part in winning , or signing with a team... y wud u go to a team ur not comfortable with the surroundings obviously didnt work out for AI wen he went to memphis he didnt know anyone from there and wasnt feeling the chemistry and the benching of course but a better one how bout when he went to detroit chemistry was horrible so friendship leads to chemistry and comfortable to play your game... i played ball all over in new york , north carolina , jersey and florida... and when i played on teams i didnt know nobody on we was playing sloppy doing little mistakes turnovers cause we werent connecting but when i played with my team my friends in jersey , new york and carolina we connected we won trophies we won games cause we knew each other... they played together alot all star games , olympics... come on

JayW_1023
06-26-2010, 06:15 AM
Aside from his 2001 MVP season AI's track record really ain't that impressive. Putting up big numbers doesn't say squat either these days. LeBron James proved as much.

So quit partying like it's 2001.

JayW_1023
06-26-2010, 06:18 AM

It's hard to reply to a broken record, but I'll say this Chauncey Billups helped his team to the conference finals what? five straight times? AI will never ever get close to touching that feat.

Every great player has once deferred to others in order to achieve that greatness, yet somehow this has always been foreign to AI.

Swashcuff
06-26-2010, 09:05 AM
It's hard to reply to a broken record, but I'll say this Chauncey Billups helped his team to the conference finals what? five straight times? AI will never ever get close to touching that feat.

Every great player has once deferred to others in order to achieve that greatness, yet somehow this has always been foreign to AI.

:facepalm:

when you are ready to stop being so ignorant and willing to hold a serious argument come back and talk to us. They guy has his problems on the court no one says no but as shown in Denver, Webber's time in Philly, Team USA, and last year with the 76ers A.I. had no problem deferring to anyone. Its unfortunate though that previously in his career he was surrounded by such little offensive talent that he had to develop that "selfish" attitude in order for his team to be successful.

rufo4100
06-26-2010, 09:06 AM
6th man of the year in 2011...for the C's

Swashcuff
06-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Aside from his 2001 MVP season AI's track record really ain't that impressive. Putting up big numbers doesn't say squat either these days. LeBron James proved as much.

Oh really

Lets exclude all he did in 01

NBA Most Valuable Player (2001)
NBA Rookie of the Year (1997)
10 NBA All-Star (2000-2010)
3 NBA scoring champion (1999, 2002, 2005)
2 All-NBA First Team (1999, 2005)
3 All-NBA Second Team (2000, 2002-2003)
All-NBA Third Team (2006)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (1997)
1 NBA All-Star Game MVP (2005)

6th ALL TIME in ppg (at 6 feet)
2nd ALL TIME in playoff ppg
7th ALL TIME in spg

now if a 6 FOOT (or less) SG can put up those kind of numbers and be right among the All-Time greats and it doesn't mean squat these days then your are being an ignoramus. So when did it mean squat? When Wilt was avg 50 per. Dude stop being such a douche and understand the NBA before you make posts like that. Look at who LeBron has been surrounded by his whole career and yet still his teams have done pretty well in the regular season. So are you going to blame LeBron alone for them not doing well in the post-season? If you are then that's stupid. NO MAN IS AN ARMY and when you play on that court its war. These guys buss their butt just as much as anyone out their to accomplish all that they have. So they haven't had the privilege of playing along side really great players in their prime to really have a fair shot at a ship. Remember this is not MJ we're talking about here this is Allen Iverson. Oh and 01 wasn't even his best season... it was the season he was surrounded by the best players (as a 76er) and a real coach.

rufo4100
06-26-2010, 09:39 AM

AI has had a great NBA career except for last season.

RapOZo
06-26-2010, 10:03 AM
manu, odom are freaking stars off the bench, and they get good respect for their role
I think he has that streets mentality that diminish the importance of bench player to absolutely insignificant and embarrassing.
he needs to get over his ego

Raoul Duke
06-26-2010, 12:12 PM
The issue has never been "how great has Iverson been in the past", but rather "how good can he be now". Karl Malone has an incredible resume also, but towards the end of his career he was a shadow of his former self. That's pretty much true for all players once they reach a certain point. It takes longer for some guys to succumb than it does for others, but Father Time is undefeated. Can AI fans at least admit that he isn't the same player now that he was in his prime, or are you saying theres been zero dropoff?

For the record, his stay in Detroit is a non-issue for me, so don't bother kicking a dead horse should this get a response. It was disastrous, sure, but it wasn't even mosty AI's fault. We had a douche for a coach and we had no intention of giving him the keys. That being said, he still didn't look like the old AI physically.

Swashcuff
06-26-2010, 03:56 PM
The issue has never been "how great has Iverson been in the past", but rather "how good can he be now". Karl Malone has an incredible resume also, but towards the end of his career he was a shadow of his former self. That's pretty much true for all players once they reach a certain point. It takes longer for some guys to succumb than it does for others, but Father Time is undefeated. Can AI fans at least admit that he isn't the same player now that he was in his prime, or are you saying theres been zero dropoff?

For the record, his stay in Detroit is a non-issue for me, so don't bother kicking a dead horse should this get a response. It was disastrous, sure, but it wasn't even mosty AI's fault. We had a douche for a coach and we had no intention of giving him the keys. That being said, he still didn't look like the old AI physically.

A.I. is a shadow of his former self there is no doubt about that. What infuriated the majority of us is the uncalled hatred towards this man who busted his butt night in and night out for the sixers and nuggs and received no credit. He did his best (which was better than 90 % of the league) and should be credited for it. He has shown that he CAN defer to other players AND play team basketball but guess what the haters never saw that all they saw was PRACTICE, his stint in Detroit and Memphis and all the allegations.

Its just a bunch of unnecessary hate towards one of the greatest players/performers in league history. Nothing new.

I wish him all the best.

awmathewsjr
06-28-2010, 09:41 AM
okk since you wanna go there people say lebron and wade wants to play together cause of they friendship or wade and bosh or even bosh and lebron... CHEMISTRY plays a part in winning , or signing with a team... y wud u go to a team ur not comfortable with the surroundings obviously didnt work out for AI wen he went to memphis he didnt know anyone from there and wasnt feeling the chemistry and the benching of course but a better one how bout when he went to detroit chemistry was horrible so friendship leads to chemistry and comfortable to play your game... i played ball all over in new york , north carolina , jersey and florida... and when i played on teams i didnt know nobody on we was playing sloppy doing little mistakes turnovers cause we werent connecting but when i played with my team my friends in jersey , new york and carolina we connected we won trophies we won games cause we knew each other... they played together alot all star games , olympics... come on

Chemistry does play a part, but u got to remember this is a business and wherever you played wasn't. And AI not working out in Detroit or Memphis had nothing at all to do with friendship, and just because guys are cordial with each other doesn't make them friends.

koLohe2133
06-29-2010, 12:50 PM
manu, odom are freaking stars off the bench, and they get good respect for their role
I think he has that streets mentality that diminish the importance of bench player to absolutely insignificant and embarrassing.
he needs to get over his ego

lamar odom is the biggest underachiever of all time. he should put down the blunt and the candy and seriously dedicate himself to the game.

the man is more talented than scottie pippen yet disappears for entire series at a time.

to even compare him to ai is an insult

xbrackattackx
06-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Any teams even want him?

C-Dub
06-29-2010, 02:49 PM
^theres been no news about him at all except for he wants to return, im thinking with all the rosters getting mixed up something will open up for him to start, maybe CLE if LBJ leaves or something to that extent, or maybe a team would get him with one of the really big name FAs, ya never know in the NBA

ivylleague1'
07-21-2010, 07:08 PM
^theres been no news about him at all except for he wants to return, im thinking with all the rosters getting mixed up something will open up for him to start, maybe CLE if LBJ leaves or something to that extent, or maybe a team would get him with one of the really big name FAs, ya never know in the NBA

NBA is very boring!!!!!!! I will not waste my time watching the games without Allen Iverson as a starter in the league. He is the most skillful and artistic player in the NBA. The man has the moves !!!!!!!

Gators123
07-21-2010, 07:11 PM
NBA is very boring!!!!!!! I will not waste my time watching the games without Allen Iverson as a starter in the league. He is the most skillful and artistic player in the NBA. The man has the moves !!!!!!!

You must be stuck in the early 2000's

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Any teams even want him?

miami might

ivylleague1'
07-21-2010, 07:17 PM
You must be stuck in the early 2000's

I watched Allen Iverson in 2010, I saw him display his skills and artistic quality against the Lakers putting up 21 points in a short order. Again, the man has the moves !!!! Be objective !!!!!!!!!

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 07:21 PM
I watched Allen Iverson in 2010, I saw him display his skills and artistic quality against the Lakers putting up 21 points in a short order. Again, the man has the moves !!!! Be objective !!!!!!!!!

are u serious?