PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with ESPN?

poleandreel
06-18-2010, 01:53 PM
During the regular season when the cavs were tearing up the league, everyone and i mean everyone said lebron james was the best player in the world/universe. It was pretty much indisputable and even people on PSD thought so.

Then lebron gets no help from his bum teammates and posts a super triple double of 26 19 and 10 and gets eliminated.

The whole sports world erupts and begins to call him a choker despite averaging the same ppg as kobe in the playoffs and 9.3 rebounds and 7.6 assists.

Those are numbers that Kobe will never touch.

But like always, the media portrays kobe as a god and praises him for a 5th championship even though gasol' rebounding and offense and artests defense on durant/pierce won the championship.

So while kobe basks in his glory he is now being called the GREATEST LAKER EVER?

Magic, who saved basketball along with bird also has 5 championships. His performances were significantly better than Kobe.

I hate how espn constantly changes their opinions on players. Kobe is the best difficult shot maker in the nba. but he is NOT the best player in the nba. Lebron, Wade, and durant are all his superiors. It seems that everyone forgot about those players while kobe was shooting a whopping 36% in these playoffs.

Kobe is nothing more than a tmac or allen iverson that was blessed with great superstar teammates. give iveron shaq and im sure he has 3 rings. give tmac shaq iin his prime and he also has 3 rings.

Espn needs to stop being the ultimate band wagon.

poleandreel
06-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Oh and i thought the lakers flat out outplayed the celtics last night. the reffing was ok. but kobe winning the mvp was soooo b.s. gasol played the best in that whole series. even game 6 where kobe had no help, gasol had7 offensive rebounds. he was 10000x more deserving of the mvp.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 02:01 PM
ESPN plays things in the moment. They need to grab your attention now.

And when LeBron finally wins, they'll be all over him.

hype707
06-18-2010, 02:03 PM
During the regular season when the cavs were tearing up the league, everyone and i mean everyone said lebron james was the best player in the world/universe. It was pretty much indisputable and even people on PSD thought so.

Then lebron gets no help from his bum teammates and posts a super triple double of 26 19 and 10 and gets eliminated.

The whole sports world erupts and begins to call him a choker despite averaging the same ppg as kobe in the playoffs and 9.3 rebounds and 7.6 assists.

But like always, the media portrays kobe as a god and praises him for a 5th championship even though gasol' rebounding and offense and artests defense on durant/pierce won the championship.

So while kobe basks in his glory he is now being called the GREATEST LAKER EVER?

Magic, who saved basketball along with bird also has 5 championships. His performances were significantly better than Kobe.

I hate how espn constantly changes their opinions on players. Kobe is the best difficult shot maker in the nba. but he is NOT the best player in the nba. Lebron, Wade, and durant are all his superiors. It seems that everyone forgot about those players while kobe was shooting a whopping 36% in these playoffs.

Kobe is nothing more than a tmac or allen iverson that was blessed with great superstar teammates. give iveron shaq and im sure he has 3 rings. give tmac shaq iin his prime and he also has 3 rings.

I hate Kobe but he is better then T MAC and IVERSON...

when the lakers first 3 peat Shaq was the best player in the league and right now Kobe is. and he just won 2 champs back to back. dont hate even though i would like to but dont bring up two players that are not in the discussion

Sox Appeal
06-18-2010, 02:04 PM

But stats don't account for Kobes will, and his mentality. That's what won the Lakers that game. I mean, who cares if he missed 18 shots, that's meaningless! He just wanted it really bad, and LeBron doesn't want it. That's why Kobe is going to surpass MJ as the GOAT, and LeBron will never he come close!

Ffs, give me a ****ing break. The ESPN bias makes me ****ing sick.

hype707
06-18-2010, 02:05 PM
kobe isnt MIKE

even if he wins 10 championships

Wade_County
06-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Espn plays in the moment.

Dol-Fan
how do you think bandwagons begin? Umm...ESPN? Maybe? teams start doing well...ESPN starts licking their balls, the North American population begins licking their balls, and kazzam a bandwagon is born.

Sox Appeal
I hate Kobe but he is better then T MAC and IVERSON...

when the lakers first 3 peat Shaq was the best player in the league and right now Kobe is. and he just won 2 champs back to back. dont hate even though i would like to but dont bring up two players that are not in the discussion

I don't want to start that argument, but he isn't the best player. If LeBron plays the same game Kobe did last night, his team gets blown out, and people would be calling it one of the biggest chokes in NBA Finals history. Kobes supporting cast was better, they, along with the Lakers team defense, bailed him out, and won him his 5th ring last night.

If this was any-other superstar player in the NBA, they lose, and it's the biggest choke in NBA history. But since the Lakers won, it's not a choke, Kobe just really wanted it, so that explains all the misses.

RipVW
06-18-2010, 02:07 PM
But stats don't account for Kobes will, and his mentality. That's what won the Lakers that game. I mean, who cares if he missed 18 shots, that's meaningless! He just wanted it really bad, and LeBron doesn't want it. That's why Kobe is going to surpass MJ as the GOAT, and LeBron will never he come close!

Guess again. LOL.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-18-2010, 02:07 PM
haha laughed at the iverson and tmac part

poleandreel
06-18-2010, 02:08 PM
He just wanted it really bad, and LeBron doesn't want it. That's why Kobe is going to surpass MJ as the GOAT, and LeBron will never he come close!

Lebron doesnt want it? if he didnt want it and only cared about money then he would just sign with the cavs and not have all of this speculation. but no he does want to win it. so you saying that is complete ignorance.

AND KOBE WILL NEVER EVER EVER pass MJ

Sox Appeal
06-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Guess again. LOL.

I was being sarcastic?

Sox Appeal
06-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Lebron doesnt want it? if he didnt want it and only cared about money then he would just sign with the cavs and not have all of this speculation. but no he does want to win it. so you saying that is complete ignorance.

AND KOBE WILL NEVER EVER EVER pass MJ

But dude, LeBron doesn't stick his jaw out when he hits big shots, and he doesn't shoot his teams out of games, so that means he doesn't REALLY want to win.

RipVW
06-18-2010, 02:10 PM
I don't want to start that argument, but he isn't the best player. If LeBron plays the same game Kobe did last night, his team gets blown out, and people would be calling it one of the biggest chokes in NBA Finals history. Kobes supporting cast was better, they, along with the Lakers team defense, bailed him out, and won him his 5th ring last night.

If this was any-other superstar player in the NBA, they lose, and it's the biggest choke in NBA history. But since the Lakers won, it's not a choke, Kobe just really wanted it, so that explains all the misses.

Kobe _______ the bed in a game 7. And its also worth pointing out that he quit on his team in a game 7 vs the Suns a few years ago.

And LA was the better team this year. It really shouldnt have even gone 7 games but it did.

hype707
06-18-2010, 02:10 PM
he said he was gased i dont know but the supporting cast you gotta be kinding.

where are the lakers without Kobe?

did you forget all the other games the lakers won that series? they dont win it with anyone else.

kblo247
06-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Simple facts:

Kobe's teammates play better historically with him than they do without him from Smush Parker to Shaq.

Lebron's teammates play worse with him than they did before they joined him. The man had 3 guys who were all stars on his team just last year.

Spin it how you want, but the fact is the history books, statistics, and winning says that. So just deal with it and continue to watch the channel or change it to FSN damn it.

poleandreel
haha laughed at the iverson and tmac part

really? maybe bc your a biased laker fan that has been indoctrinated by espn as well. think for yourself instead of mindlessly absorbing the b.s that espn feeds yyou. kobe is nothing more than a scorer. iverson and tmac were the same in their prime.

at least iverson averaged 7+ assists some years. Kobe has been given these championships. he is a great player, as was iverson and tmac at one point. but he is no where near magic/west/kareem/ and leagues from jordan

RipVW
I was being sarcastic?

Oh, sorry. Theres a lot of that going around that isnt sarcasm. Entschuldigung.

Dieselpi
06-18-2010, 02:12 PM
espn is a network, their job is to get ratings and keep people watching
why is this shocking?

Pierzynski4Prez
06-18-2010, 02:13 PM
ESPN just wants to make everybody believe that whoever is the best in their sport right now is or is going to be the best of all-time. That's all they do, and we as fans are guilty too. We are always looking for the next best ever when we never stop and truly acknowledge who the actual greats of all time are.

poleandreel
06-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Simple facts:

Kobe's teammates play better historically with him than they do without him from Smush Parker to Shaq.

Lebron's teammates play worse with him than they did before they joined him. The man had 3 guys who were all stars on his team just last year.

Spin it how you want, but the fact is the history books, statistics, and winning says that. So just deal with it and continue to watch the channel or change it to FSN damn it.

thats a funny statement. lamar and artest had the worst season of their careers.

while mo williams had career highs in scoring, became an allstar and varejao became a name. lets not forget jj hickson. without lebron, all those players are nothing. you are ridiculous

Dieselpi
06-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Simple facts:

kobes supporting cast> lebrons supporting cast

Hindy27
06-18-2010, 02:15 PM
You posting this in here is why they do this stuff.

They will ride whatever horse they can to create discussion, to create interest and more importantly to get people to switch on and watch.

Word of mouth is the best form of advertising, by making outlandish or controversial comments more and more people will talk about it. They will say stuff like "What is going on with ESPN?", "did you see ESPN?" or "that guy on ESPN said".

The Lakers won, so they will ride Kobe for a while now.

The sad part is that there are susceptible minds out there that will believe most of it. That's why we end up with kids saying that Dwight is better than Shaq ever was and stupid stuff like that. In 10-15 years there'll be some centre average 15pts and 8reb and 1bl, and we will hear the kids talking about how he is one of the best ever centres, because ESPN and others will always hype the current crop.

poleandreel
06-18-2010, 02:19 PM
You posting this in here is why they do this stuff.

They will ride whatever horse they can to create discussion, to create interest and more importantly to get people to switch on and watch.

Word of mouth is the best form of advertising, by making outlandish or controversial comments more and more people will talk about it. They will say stuff like "What is going on with ESPN?", "did you see ESPN?" or "that guy on ESPN said".

The Lakers won, so they will ride Kobe for a while now.

The sad part is that there are susceptible minds out there that will believe most of it. That's why we end up with kids saying that Dwight is better than Shaq ever was and stupid stuff like that. In 10-15 years there'll be some centre average 15pts and 8reb and 1bl, and we will hear the kids talking about how he is one of the best ever centres, because ESPN and others will always hype the current crop.

i agree. but it gets so annoying when you are a die hard sports fan. i am an nba fan. my fav team is the thunder. so i wanted the celtics and lakers to both somehow lose in the finals. but now i have to listen to this b.s about kobe when he is probably the most overrated player in history. the poll on espn has kobe above elgin baylor/kareem/magic/ and west. west is the logo. check elgins stats bc they are insane. kareem is a 6 time champ and mvp. magic was better and has 5 champs. and shaq isnt on the list.

i dont understand people

atl_braves_fan
06-18-2010, 02:20 PM
really? maybe bc your a biased laker fan that has been indoctrinated by espn as well. think for yourself instead of mindlessly absorbing the b.s that espn feeds yyou. kobe is nothing more than a scorer. iverson and tmac were the same in their prime.

at least iverson averaged 7+ assists some years. Kobe has been given these championships. he is a great player, as was iverson and tmac at one point. but he is no where near magic/west/kareem/ and leagues from jordan

You have to be kiddding right? Kobe is much better than Iverson or TMac.

hype707
06-18-2010, 02:21 PM

:clap:

RipVW
06-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Simple facts:

Sometimes yes and sometimes no.

If anything LeBron made guys look better than what they are. LeBron is actually a better and more willing passer.

Statistically, theyre comparable. LeBron has accomplished plenty. LeBron has also never been a Robin.

Both guys are elite players. Both have to be gamplanned against. And that alone makes others better...generally.

kblo247
06-18-2010, 02:22 PM
thats a funny statement. lamar and artest had the worst season of their careers.

while mo williams had career highs in scoring, became an allstar and varejao became a name. lets not forget jj hickson. without lebron, all those players are nothing. you are ridiculous

Big Z, Ricky Davis, Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, Shaq, Jamison, Marshall, Darius Miles, Ben Wallace, Wally, and Joe all say hello, what happened to us?

kobes supporting cast> lebrons supporting cast

Funny how all of a sudden it is funny to praise LA's bench. That wasn't the case all year while Cavs/Lebron fans and LA/Kobe haters were laughing at their lack of depth and being top heavy.

The MVP + 3 other All Stars from as recently as 09 + a former multiple time all star + an all NBA team defender and top 6th man vote getter + a guy who they wouldn't deal for Amare + guys who have been full time starters in Parker, West, and Moon + the reserve list of Telfair, Powe, and Gibson = no support now :laugh2:

Give me a ****ing break!

LA is more top heavy, but no one and I mean no one used the word depth when discussing the overall Lakers 1-13 in comparison to the other contenders. So don't try to sell me with that bull ****.

poleandreel
06-18-2010, 02:23 PM

he is better. but do you hear espn saying they are the best player to ever live. are they better than magic and karreem. no. but espn is sucking kobe's **** ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK

JordansBulls
06-18-2010, 02:25 PM

Never compare Kobe to Tmac or Iverson again.

DaBUU
06-18-2010, 02:29 PM
kobes supporting cast>>>>>>>>>>>>> lebrons supporting cast

fixed

saintdrew
06-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Here's the problem with ESPN. First, they are scourge.

But second and most importantly, they continously characterize these sports athletes like they're comic books heroes or something.

I remember after the Colts won the Superbowl in 2006, a quick commercial of Sportscenter aired, with Stuart Scott doing the voice saying:

"Coming up tonight on Sportscenter! The Colts win the Superbowl, BUT....will Peyton have to win more to become a legend?"

^ A legend? I swear they treat them like they're super-heroes out of comic book plot-story.

dfritz03
06-18-2010, 02:34 PM
I agree with the fact that this is what ESPN does, I honestly am just so used to it now it doesn't even bother me anymore... but anyway, couldn't agree with you more, this is what I try stressing all the time. Please don't get me wrong, Kobe is incredibly and easily top 2 int he league today... but that stops at 2. He is not better than LeBron (although he is a better scorer and in the final minute I want him to have the ball, not LeBron), but LeBron is a better all around player who is just a victim of a poorly built team around him. And let's get this straight, HE IS NOT, AND WILL NEVER BE BETTER THAN JORDAN, no one will ever be better than Jordan. 5 playoff MVP's (to Kobe's 2), put this argument to rest already.

poleandreel
06-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Never compare Kobe to Tmac or Iverson again.

kobe career:

25.3 ppg 4.7 apg 5.3 rpg 45% fg 1.5spg

iverson career:

27 ppg 6.2 apg 3.7 rpg 42% fg 2.2 spg

Not to much different. Only difference is shaq/gasol/horry/butler/odom/artest
and phil jackson (greatest coach ever)

Purple&Gold24
06-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Then don't watch.

kblo247
06-18-2010, 02:39 PM
kobe career:

25.3 ppg 4.7 apg 5.3 rpg 45% fg 1.5spg

iverson career:

27 ppg 6.2 apg 3.7 rpg 42% fg 2.2 spg

Not to much different. Only difference is shaq/gasol/horry/butler/odom/artest
and phil jackson (greatest coach ever)

I'd say practice, running through a bunch of sidekicks, being an awful defender, and teams all getting better after he was gone would be different. Wouldn't you?

Klivlend
No one who knows anything about basketball or the NBA could seriously think that LBJ's supporting cast is even comparable to Kobe's. Kobe has always had superior talent around him than Lebron has, every single year. The team Lebron took to the finals was a joke. If you take Lebron off the Cavs, they don't win 40 games and for sure miss the playoffs-the mediocre Eastern Conference playoffs. Take Kobe off the Lakers, they win 40+ games and have a decent chance of making the playoffs-and that's in the Western Conference. They are both great players, but throughout his career, Kobe has been blessed with superior supporting cast, coaches and front office’s. It is not even debatable.

saintdrew
Then don't watch.

Are you a Lakers fan?

saintdrew
06-18-2010, 02:40 PM
No one who knows anything about basketball or the NBA could seriously think that LBJ's supporting cast is even comparable to Kobe's. Kobe has always had superior talent around him than Lebron has, every single year. The team Lebron took to the finals was a joke. If you take Lebron off the Cavs, they don't win 40 games and for sure miss the playoffs-the mediocre Eastern Conference playoffs. Take Kobe off the Lakers, they win 40+ games and have a decent chance of making the playoffs-and that's in the Western Conference. They are both great players, but throughout his career, Kobe has been blessed with superior supporting cast, coaches and front offices. It is not even debatable.

He's right. Kobe always need a supporting cast. No way he'll ever be close to Michael Jordan.

poleandreel
06-18-2010, 02:43 PM
I'd say practice, running through a bunch of sidekicks, being an awful defender, and teams all getting better after he was gone would be different. Wouldn't you?

the sixers look so much better without him. :rolleyes:

he single handedly brought them to the finals. but bc kobe had shaq, the sixers lost. kobe never brought a team anywhere. except 1st round eliminations to phoenix ever year until the gasol trade. even blew a 3-1 series lead. so w.out gasol or shaq, kobe never got out of the 1st round. sounds like tmac to me

IversonIsKrazy
06-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Kobe > LeBron

LeBron = STAT whore

Kobe VS Magic can be argued no doubt. ESPN lives in the moment, like other have already posted, which is why there all over LeBron in season, Kobe now, and will go back to Lebron in the offseason.

kblo247
the sixers look so much better without him. :rolleyes:

he single handedly brought them to the finals. but bc kobe had shaq, the sixers lost. kobe never brought a team anywhere. except 1st round eliminations to phoenix ever year until the gasol trade. even blew a 3-1 series lead. so w.out gasol or shaq, kobe never got out of the 1st round. sounds like tmac to me

Problem with that logic:

Before Kobe, Shaq never won a Finals game or NBA title. In fact as a Laker Shaq lost the only Finals game he played without Kobe.

Before Kobe, Pau never won a playoff game. He was 0-12.

They needed him as much as he needed them.

Mplsman
obe one did his thang, which was enough to win another title. props.

poleandreel
06-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Problem with that logic:

Before Kobe, Shaq never won a Finals game or NBA title. In fact as a Laker Shaq lost the only Finals game he played without Kobe.

Before Kobe, Pau never won a playoff game. He was 0-12.

They needed him as much as he needed them.

im not argueing against that. but lebron took his team to the finals with no one. so did shaq. kobe cant and never did

Dieselpi
06-18-2010, 02:50 PM
dont put words in my mouth i never said no supporting cast
it is just my opinion, and has always been that the lakers less kobe are better than the cavs less lebron. Therefore kobe has a better supporting cast.

Vidball
06-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Kobe just won back to back championships with a weaker supporting cast than Magic or MJ ever won a ring with. Just saying :D

kblo247
06-18-2010, 02:56 PM
im not argueing against that. but lebron took his team to the finals with no one. so did shaq. kobe cant and never did

Shaq had Penny ****ing Hardaway. That man was no scrub and was revolutionary before the knee injury :mad:

Lebron beat Detroit, but that had a hell of alot more to do with Flip being there instead of Larry. Fact is Lebron has not beaten one good team besides them in the playoffs. Not the big 3 and not the Magic, only the likes of the Wiz, Hawks, and Bulls which was cannon fodder.

Fact is like it or not Kobe has dominated the Spurs, Blazers, and Kings at their peak in the playoffs.

younggunn113
06-18-2010, 02:59 PM

Okay I can't believe I'm going to even respond to this, but listen carefully hold my hand, I'll break it down for you like a small child.

1. He was the best during the regular season, they as soon as things got rough he folded. Kobe played better in the playoffs than LeBron did AFTER he got his knee drained. Kobe was playing hurt most of the year, bad ankle bad knee and a terrible finger.

2. Super triple double? When did they start keeping track of those? He got eliminated because he quit in the final minutes of the game. Watching the game Mo Williams and Andy V were still working their d*cks off, saw LeBron quit then finally gave up. Bum Teammates? Williams is an all star, Jamison is a good player too. He has pieces around him, he has shooters all over the place with Williams, West, Parker and those are the type of players he needs around him. He needs room to penetrate and if theres people who can't shoot in there he has no room to drive.

PS: How come when Lebron played on Team USA with other SUPER stars, they couldnt bring home gold? Kobe gets added to the team (along with JKidd) and they win. When that gold medal game against Spain got close, who did Lebron defer to? Oh Kobe..

3. Stats don't tell the whole story. You can dominate a game and not a stat sheet. Hitting clutch shots time and time again, things like that, there's no section in the box score that says "Clutch Plays." Lebron will post more rebounds because he's bigger than Kobe and he doesnt have 3 seven footers, but Kobe showed last night he can grab rebounds whenever he wants. Also in the triangle offense no player will really have more than 5-6 assists. The most MJ averaged in a season when playing in a triangle was 6, and the most Kobe has averaged has been 6. You don't get a single player who averages 10 or 11, you get 3 or 4 guys who average 3.5-6.

4. Kobe has already put up Lebron type numbers at the same age. Lebron averages at 24 were 28/7/7.5, Kobe at 24 averaged 30/7/6. So he has already put up those type of numbers.

5. I'm tired of typing so I'm gonna take a quick break and quote Chris Broussard of espn real quick

Since Michael, superstars are judged by not only how many championships they win, but with whom they win them. So since Kobe came after Michael, he had to hear the "he's never won it without Shaq'' refrain earlier in his career. But Magic never heard "he never won it without Kareem.'' Bird never heard "he never won it without Robert Parish and Kevin McHale.''

In each of Magic's five championship seasons, he had a top-50 player of all time (Kareem). Magic had been joined by another top-50 teammate in James Worthy, who played on the Lakers' 1985, 1987 and 1988 title teams. That's not to mention other great Magic teammates such as Byron Scott, Jamaal Wilkes, Norm Nixon and Hall of Famer Bob McAdoo. Kobe obviously had an all-time superstar for his first three titles in Shaq. But for his past two rings, he's had nothing close. Pau Gasol is a perennial All-Star, but he's not going to make anyone's top 50.

While some might hold Kobe's subpar performance in Thursday's Game 7 against him, he still had 15 rebounds and found a way to score 23 points, mainly by hitting 11 of 15 foul shots. Plus, other immortals have struggled in big moments. Magic had so many flubs in the Lakers' 1984 loss to Boston, including dribbling out the clock at the end of regulation in Game 2, that he was being called "Tragic'' Johnson. And Michael shot 6-for-19 and 5-for-19 in two of Chicago's Finals games against Seattle in 1996.

In 1989, Magic's Lakers were swept by a Detroit Pistons team that featured only one top-50 player, 6-foot-1 Isiah Thomas, and had no great big men. I'd also argue the Celtics teams Kobe lost to in 2008 and defeated in 2010 were better than any of the clubs Jordan defeated in the Finals.

6. If your peers say you are the best in the game, you're the best in the game. People who play against these guys night in and night out know who the best is.

Wade: “I believe that Kobe Bryant is still the best player in the game, his experience and his overall talent. It’s not taking away from LeBron, it’s not taking away from Carmelo, it’s not taking away from myself,” Wade told ESPN Radio Chicago. “Kobe has been in the game longer than the rest of us, he’s older than us, he’s smart with the game. He’s the better player.”

Raja Bell: "Kobe,” Bell said. “He’s a winner, man. Not that the LeBrons and D-Wades and ‘Melos aren’t. But he just seems to have a sixth sense about closing and timeliness with his game that I think he’s developed over time. I think they don’t necessarily have it to the degree he has it yet. They’re on his heels. But if you ask me who I’d take to win this year, I’d take Kobe.”

Bryant tops SN’s list of the 50 greatest players in the NBA today, as selected by a panel of 107 Hall of Famers, major award winners, executives, current players and coaches and other basketball experts. Bryant tops SN’s list of the 50 greatest players in the NBA today, as selected by a panel of 107 Hall of Famers, major award winners, executives, current players and coaches and other basketball experts.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/46066/nbas_top_50_players_all-star_panel_picks_kobe_bryant_no._1_over_lebron_jam es#ixzz0rEU3lJma

7. You lose all credibility.

8. Shaq never played without a dominant guard. He had Penny, Kobe, Wade, Nash and Lebron. Shaq hasnt won anything without another star next to him either. Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.

DaBUU
06-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Kobe > LeBron

LeBron = STAT whore

Kobe VS Magic can be argued no doubt. ESPN lives in the moment, like other have already posted, which is why there all over LeBron in season, Kobe now, and will go back to Lebron in the offseason.

In 14 days this comment is gonna get me real heated. until then.........

poleandreel
06-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Okay I can't believe I'm going to even respond to this, but listen carefully hold my hand, I'll break it down for you like a small child.

1. He was the best during the regular season, they as soon as things got rough he folded. Kobe played better in the playoffs than LeBron did AFTER he got his knee drained. Kobe was playing hurt most of the year, bad ankle bad knee and a terrible finger.

2. Super triple double? When did they start keeping track of those? He got eliminated because he quit in the final minutes of the game. Watching the game Mo Williams and Andy V were still working their d*cks off, saw LeBron quit then finally gave up. Bum Teammates? Williams is an all star, Jamison is a good player too. He has pieces around him, he has shooters all over the place with Williams, West, Parker and those are the type of players he needs around him. He needs room to penetrate and if theres people who can't shoot in there he has no room to drive.

PS: How come when Lebron played on Team USA with other SUPER stars, they couldnt bring home gold? Kobe gets added to the team (along with JKidd) and they win. When that gold medal game against Spain got close, who did Lebron defer to? Oh Kobe..

3. Stats don't tell the whole story. You can dominate a game and not a stat sheet. Hitting clutch shots time and time again, things like that, there's no section in the box score that says "Clutch Plays." Lebron will post more rebounds because he's bigger than Kobe and he doesnt have 3 seven footers, but Kobe showed last night he can grab rebounds whenever he wants. Also in the triangle offense no player will really have more than 5-6 assists. The most MJ averaged in a season when playing in a triangle was 6, and the most Kobe has averaged has been 6. You don't get a single player who averages 10 or 11, you get 3 or 4 guys who average 3.5-6.

4. Kobe has already put up Lebron type numbers at the same age. Lebron averages at 24 were 28/7/7.5, Kobe at 24 averaged 30/7/6. So he has already put up those type of numbers.

5. I'm tired of typing so I'm gonna take a quick break and quote Chris Broussard of espn real quick

6. If your peers say you are the best in the game, you're the best in the game. People who play against these guys night in and night out know who the best is.

Wade: I believe that Kobe Bryant is still the best player in the game, his experience and his overall talent. Its not taking away from LeBron, its not taking away from Carmelo, its not taking away from myself, Wade told ESPN Radio Chicago. Kobe has been in the game longer than the rest of us, hes older than us, hes smart with the game. Hes the better player.

Raja Bell: "Kobe, Bell said. Hes a winner, man. Not that the LeBrons and D-Wades and Melos arent. But he just seems to have a sixth sense about closing and timeliness with his game that I think hes developed over time. I think they dont necessarily have it to the degree he has it yet. Theyre on his heels. But if you ask me who Id take to win this year, Id take Kobe.

8. Shaq never played without a dominant guard. He had Penny, Kobe, Wade, Nash and Lebron. Shaq hasnt won anything without another star next to him either. Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.

FAIL. lebrons stats in the clutch blow kobes away. guess you didnt know that they had clutch stats. newb. http://www.82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

and people weigh so much on championships thats why they pick kobe as the best. and lebrons support doesnt show up in the playoffs. there were countless games where mo wiliams went like 2-12. you cant win with that. andy v cant score and mike brown couldnt work jamison into the mix the right way. terrible coach.

i can make the same arguement. lebron didnt find success until he had mike brown and mike brown didnt have success until he had lebron. but everyone knows that brown was a bad coach.

kblo247
06-18-2010, 03:14 PM
In 14 days this comment is gonna get me real heated. until then.........

If he passes you guys by, **** him right? :laugh2:

What do you think of this option I heard on Mike and Mike this morning:
splitting the max between Ray Allen and David Lee?

LAKERS4LIFE!!
06-18-2010, 03:18 PM

Wade: I believe that Kobe Bryant is still the best player in the game, his experience and his overall talent. Its not taking away from LeBron, its not taking away from Carmelo, its not taking away from myself, Wade told ESPN Radio Chicago. Kobe has been in the game longer than the rest of us, hes older than us, hes smart with the game. Hes the better player.

Raja Bell: "Kobe, Bell said. Hes a winner, man. Not that the LeBrons and D-Wades and Melos arent. But he just seems to have a sixth sense about closing and timeliness with his game that I think hes developed over time. I think they dont necessarily have it to the degree he has it yet. Theyre on his heels. But if you ask me who Id take to win this year, Id take Kobe.

Thank you for taking your time to explain that his post is complete nonsense and he just canr stand the fact that Kobe just got his 5th ring... And I'm sorry but if you say KOBE is just another TMAC or Iverson, then you must be mentally challenged and I feel very sorry for you.

younggunn113
06-18-2010, 03:29 PM
FAIL. lebrons stats in the clutch blow kobes away. guess you didnt know that they had clutch stats. newb. http://www.82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

and people weigh so much on championships thats why they pick kobe as the best. and lebrons support doesnt show up in the playoffs. there were countless games where mo wiliams went like 2-12. you cant win with that. andy v cant score and mike brown couldnt work jamison into the mix the right way. terrible coach.

i can make the same arguement. lebron didnt find success until he had mike brown and mike brown didnt have success until he had lebron. but everyone knows that brown was a bad coach.

The Mike Brown thing is a terrible argument. That's not the same type of relationship. You're making yourself look dumb right now dude. You're not getting it, STATS DON'T TELL THE WHOLE STORY n00b. You are LITERALLY the only person I bet on this board who thinks Kobe is like TMac or Iverson. You should change your user name to lobotomy, seriously. Again with that site you posted you do realize a player like Jamal Tinsley is ahead of players like Bosh, Melo, Wade, and Roy? You're really going to weigh that statistic that heavily? Come onnnnnn, at least put up an argument here. You lookl ike a clown. What do you mean he couldn't work Jamison into the mix? He's not a rookie, he's an all star player you throw him on the court and he plays. Pau came over mid season and they threw him into the lineup and they went to the finals. Its basketball not rocket science.

poleandreel
06-18-2010, 03:36 PM
The Mike Brown thing is a terrible argument. That's not the same type of relationship. You're making yourself look dumb right now dude. You're not getting it, STATS DON'T TELL THE WHOLE STORY n00b. You are LITERALLY the only person I bet on this board who thinks Kobe is like TMac or Iverson. You should change your user name to lobotomy, seriously. Again with that site you posted you do realize a player like Jamal Tinsley is ahead of players like Bosh, Melo, Wade, and Roy? You're really going to weigh that statistic that heavily? Come onnnnnn, at least put up an argument here. You lookl ike a clown. What do you mean he couldn't work Jamison into the mix? He's not a rookie, he's an all star player you throw him on the court and he plays. Pau came over mid season and they threw him into the lineup and they went to the finals. Its basketball not rocket science.

ignorance is bliss my friend. phil jackson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mike brown
gasol>>>>>>>>>>>jamison

thats why it worked with them. you dont just throw them on the court. haha you make me laugh

QUICKTRADE
06-18-2010, 03:38 PM

this fellow is a meer losser and he wants to whine because your team got smashed Lol! a player is great when he makes others better. LBJ is good at that but he lacks the will to take over games. Wade is only good when shaq was around. Durant may be the next player to watch out- hopefully his young teammates will not grow tired for being a ball hog.

poleandreel
06-18-2010, 03:42 PM
this fellow is a meer losser and he wants to whine because your team got smashed Lol! a player is great when he makes others better. LBJ is good at that but he lacks the will to take over games. Wade is only good when shaq was around. Durant may be the next player to watch out- hopefully his young teammates will not grow tired for being a ball hog.

my team got smashed? i hate boston. again, anothe ignorant psd poster. ahhh the humor i fin in this. wade has been in the top 3 in mvp voting for the past 2 years but he was only good when shaq was there:rolleyes:

and kobes team mates never grew tired of him being a bal hog and durant is a better scorer than kobe

JordansBulls
06-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Kobe just won back to back championships with a weaker supporting cast than Magic or MJ ever won a ring with. Just saying :D

Disagree. MJ never had a player lead his team in Win Shares and/or PER when he won titles.

Gasol led the Lakers in the season in both PER and Win Shares, and Led the Lakers in Win Shares in the playoffs.

That in itself shows how much he produced.

Also Gasol was an allstar this year, on 2 of MJ's titles he had no other allstar.
:D

Statik1
06-18-2010, 03:46 PM

I got one stat Lebron will never touch....
5 RINGS

ko8e24
06-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Kobe _______ the bed in a game 7. And its also worth pointing out that he quit on his team in a game 7 vs the Suns a few years ago.

And LA was the better team this year. It really shouldnt have even gone 7 games but it did.

Michael Jordan, in his finals NBA Finals game, game 6 of the '98 finals @ Utah, missed 22 shots. He went 13/35 FG, but people remember his hit free throws, his layup to cut it to one, and the jumper to give the Bulls a 1 pt lead with 5.2 seconds left.

Kobe missed 18 shots, went 6/24 FG, but made that one big jumper and hit 8 free throws, scoring 10 points in the final period. But haters will just talk about his 6/24.

younggunn113
06-18-2010, 03:54 PM
ignorance is bliss my friend. phil jackson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mike brown
gasol>>>>>>>>>>>jamison

thats why it worked with them. you dont just throw them on the court. haha you make me laugh

Wait, what's ignorant about that post. Yeah Gasol is better, but its not like its Gasol and Kwame, Jamison was an all star. Jackson is better than Mike Brown. I never said he wasn't? You can't articulate or formulate a response intelligent enough from my initial criticisim where I literally tore apart your whole post so you start to make things up and use >>>>. Bold. Well since you're clearly lacking brain cells this is simple: Kobe>LeBron. or better yet 5>0.

Disagree. MJ never had a player lead his team in Win Shares and/or PER when he won titles.

Gasol led the Lakers in the season in both PER and Win Shares, and Led the Lakers in Win Shares in the playoffs.

Also Gasol was an allstar this year, on 2 of MJ's titles he had no other allstar.

All of those advanced statistics aside, he did have Scottie Pippen who was picked as a top 50 player of all time. Pau isn't top 50 all time, nor will he be. Also, Pippen was absolutely an all star but he didn't go the first year or last year. That statement, although true is very misleading. He was the same player as when he went to all star games in 90 and 92-97. He just missed time but came back for the playoffs.

SundaeBest
06-18-2010, 04:00 PM

One, Kobe is a shooting-guard his rebounding numbers are obviously going to be lower. Also, it's not a drive and kick set-up that Lebron has to pad his stats. Triangle assists come from the pass-after the pass most of the time.

2: Kobe and Lebron play different systems. Lebron's is a "me-first" system which is all penetrate and drive, and he will never win with that system, it's all just stat padding.

3: Lebron's teammates are bums? How many former teammates were All-stars in the prior season only to disappear under the me-first shadow that Lebron casts?

4: To build on the previous point, Kobe makes his teammates better, not Lebron.

5: Pau was NOT the best player in the series. Kobe RUNS the show in LA, just because it wasn't pretty doesn't mean his hand-print wasn't pasted all over this series. EVERY game he brought numerous intangibles to the series, basketball is a lot more than just scoring. Then again, I wouldn't expect a noobie scrub like you, who thinks Lebron is that good, to understand that.

6: You can cry and moan, and put up a million threads, it doesn't matter. You can be as angry as you want, it doesn't matter. You can TRY to make your point it doesn't matter. The Lakers are the champions, and Kobe is the Finals MVP. No amount of bed-wetting will EVER change that, it's in the record books. The only thing that is BS is your ability to interpret the game.

It's just a sport. It's for entertainment value. I get that you may not like the guy, but don't sour yourself over it. I DARE you to find one negative thread/post by me, after the Celtics beat the Lakers in the Finals in 08. Not one. Because I have a life. It's June, there's sunshine outside. Girls, beaches, movies, go be productive.

The season is over, Kobe proved all you haters wrong, once AGAIN. HATERS GO HOME, get ready for NEXT season, because your crying wont change the results of 2010.

poleandreel
06-18-2010, 04:07 PM
One, Kobe is a shooting-guard his rebounding numbers are obviously going to be lower. Also, it's not a drive and kick set-up that Lebron has to pad his stats. Triangle assists come from the pass-after the pass most of the time.

2: Kobe and Lebron play different systems. Lebron's is a "me-first" system which is all penetrate and drive, and he will never win with that system, it's all just stat padding.

3: Lebron's teammates are bums? How many former teammates were All-stars in the prior season only to disappear under the me-first shadow that Lebron casts?

5: Pau was NOT the best player in the series. Kobe RUNS the show in LA, just because it wasn't pretty doesn't mean his hand-print wasn't pasted all over this series. EVERY game he brought numerous intangibles to the series, basketball is a lot more than just scoring. Then again, I wouldn't expect a noobie scrub like you, who thinks Lebron is that good, to understand that.

6: You can cry and moan, and put up a million threads, it doesn't matter. You can be as angry as you want, it doesn't matter. You can TRY to make your point it doesn't matter. The Lakers are the champions, and Kobe is the Finals MVP. No amount of bed-wetting will EVER change that, it's in the record books. The only thing that is BS is your ability to interpret the game.

It's just a sport. It's for entertainment value. I get that you may not like the guy, but don't sour yourself over it. I DARE you to find one negative thread/post by me, after the Celtics beat the Lakers in the Finals in 08. Not one. Because I have a life. It's June, there's sunshine outside. Girls, beaches, movies, go be productive.

The season is over, Kobe proved all you haters wrong, once AGAIN. HATERS GO HOME, get ready for NEXT season, because your crying wont change the results of 2010.

AND THE BANDWAGON FANS COME OUT!!!!! im a thunder fan guy. i hate the celtics more than anyone so there you go sounding stupid. you know whats funny? you....a bandwagon laker lobyist that is inside replying to my thread bc you are a loser who j**ks off to kobe and the lakers. go suck on sterns **** so the lakers get anaother ring

ko8e24
06-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Haha, all season, it was Lebron lebron lebron lebron lebron lebron lebron lebron lebron lebron lebron lebron lebron lebron

2010 2010 2010 2010 2010 2010 2010 2010 2010 2010

lebron&shaq, lebron&shaq, lebron&shaq, lebron&shaq

this is lebron's title to lose, this is lebron's title to lose, this is lebron's title to lose, this is lebron's title to lose

2x mvp, 2x mvp, 2x mvp, 2x mvp, 2x mvp

has surpassed kobe as a player, best player in the game, mr. triple double, highest per since michael jordan, lebron wants to own an nba franchise, lebron the closest to michael jordan

new york, new jersey, la clippers, miami, lebron with wade, lebron with bosh, lebron with boozer, lebron with joe johnson, lebron with amare, lebron with tom izzo, lebron stealing away phil jackson, lebron in chicago with rose and noah,

antawn jamison trade, shaq trade, delonte west's rehab and mo williams injury equals more point guard responsiblities for lebron, mo williams as sidekick to lebron, lebron responsible for emergence of jj hickson, big z 30 days not with the cavs crap

ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW, ELBOW

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah.....

And at the end of the NBA season......

Kobe Bryant raising his 5th championship trophy, and 2nd finals mvp.

/thread

(:) Wow, that felt so good to get off my chest)

poleandreel
06-18-2010, 04:11 PM

and i love the personal attacks bc you have no substance to your arguement. keep attacking me. I LOVE IT! loser.

Vidball
06-18-2010, 09:06 PM

Wow...you might be the only guy in the world that believes Pau is better than Pippen. I don't think there is one HOF player who would agree with you. Maybe John Hollinger would though :D

BTW, way to misrepresent those precious stats...the two years Pippen wasn't an All-Star along with Jordan were in '91 when Pippen was averaging around 18-7-6 with over 2 steals all while gaurding the other teams top wing player (that was the first year Pippen was given the assignment to be 'The Man' defensively although he was only awarded a All-NBA Defensive 2nd Team for his efforts)--people outside of CHI in general didn't know how valuable he was to the team--and the other year was in '98 when Pippen was injured for a good chunk of the regular season, but healthy for the playoffs--when it mattered most (he was also already considered a top 50 player of all-time by then...for comparisons sake, a group of Hall of Famers, coaches, players, etc. ranked Pau at 17 among active players earlier this year).

Lakers4ItAll
06-18-2010, 09:15 PM

LOL you gotta be kidding me. Kobe wins for a reason idiot, stop hating

Avenged
06-18-2010, 09:18 PM
I stopped taking this serious when he compared Kobe to Iverson and T-Mac.

Don't see why all of you guys got your panties in a bunch.

ClayMatthews
06-18-2010, 09:32 PM
I could be wrong but isnt the studio in los angelas? I mean come on dude. Dont be so butt hurt that your team didnt make the finals. I would tell you to jump on the wagon but as i can tell its full. Youll just have to wait till next year to hopefully witness your team win a championship like all the other real fans.

fadedmario
06-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Lebron is a choke artist.

Dieselpi
06-18-2010, 09:59 PM
I got one stat Lebron will never touch....
5 RINGS

well since you put it in bold it must be true

rings arent all that matter, if they were
just to play devils advocate id say....

neither of them will ever touch 11 rings

lakerfan85
06-18-2010, 10:09 PM
LOL @ Tmac & Iverson being better then Kobe.......

tpainzbro
06-18-2010, 10:12 PM

1. He couldnt win it last year either and this year the team was way better

2. Come talk to us when lebron breaks several of Kobe's records.

3. yeah but Kobe kept his team focused and stepped up when it mattered most. Not just in game 7.

4. But it is alright for ESPN to not shutup about lebron for the next year.

5. Different Era and Bird is not a laker legend.

6. Kobe 5 Lebron 0 Wade 1 Durant 0. And yeah thats debatable not being the best player and all with the numbers he has put up.

7. I forgot who carried his team to the finals because it certainly wasnt the guys you claimed were better than Kobe.

8. Well lebron got Shaq and he didnt get a ring. So guess that makes Kobe better. And Iverson and T-Mac are nowhere near what Kobe is.

PrettyBoyJ
06-18-2010, 10:12 PM

Sounds like you hate Kobe.. more then ESPN.. but honestly what does Kobe have to do in order for ppl to realize that he is actually as good as the media portray him, or he is the best player in the league.. you cud argue the Lebron and Kobe thing as long as you want but as of now Lebron hasnt surpassed Kobe.. statistically speaking Lebron fills up the sheet.. but both Kobe and Lebron are in 2 different systems and there requirements are completely different for there respective teams.. Kobe doesnt have to go out and pull down as many rebounds as Lebron because he has 3 big guys.. Lebron has to rebound, make plays because he has too, there's no one else to do it besides him.. And as far as Durant and Wade being his superior?? are u serious not even a close race.. Kobe is still the best in the league and until he stop winning championships the crown is still his

tpainzbro
06-18-2010, 10:16 PM
And Im glad Lebron will wear 6 cause that will remind him how many rings better Jordan is.

mfb_lt1birdman
06-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Haters gonna hate.

uknowmyname
06-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Seriously, did you just start watching ESPN or something?

chuckdaily85
06-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Everybody must hate Kobe...watchu fail to realize is Lebron has to average that for his team to win, Kobe doesnt...you dont think Kobe can average 30 ppg if he wants to...knock it off he avereaged 35.4 a couple years ago something Lebron wont touch...secondly the base offenses are different Lebrons offense is a spread offense based on showcasing LBJ's abilities, while the triangle offense is a system offense. You can talk all the LBJ doesnt have a team, they won 60 games 2 yrs straight, so something was good over there.
You hate on Kobe despite the fact that hes playing with a banged up knee and a ****ed up finger and he still does his numbers. While Lebron hurts his elbow everybody saying its his elbow, but he had killer games in Bos series nobody mentioned his elbow.
You say Kobe has a better team, well so Magic Johnson...Kareem, James Worthy, McAdoo, Jamal Wilkes, Byron Scott, etc should I keep going. You can say Kobe won only b/c of Shaq but Shaq didnt win 1 until he met Kobe, and now that they've split ways Kobe has 1 more.
Two yrs straight it was supposed to be Kobe vs Lebron in the Finals...Kobe's been there, LBJ hasn't. Its ok if you dislike this man, nobody's gonna be loved by every body. But to sit here and disregard him & his accomplishments is simply foolish. Please do not tell me Wade, or Durant is better than KB24, b/c they're not there yet. Only player you can argue is LBJ and in my opnion I'm taking KB24.

DeyAce
06-18-2010, 10:39 PM
ESPN is all over Lebrons and the Los Angeles Lakers dicks

chuckdaily85
06-18-2010, 10:43 PM
& btw ESPN is on their **** b/c they'r eobviously the best players in the game, and for the most part ppl want to see what they did b/c they generate the most attention all over the country just like the Yanks, Cowboys, etc, etc

STAT1
06-18-2010, 10:52 PM
Shaqs tasting Kobe's *** and you guys are tasting LeBrons dick.

Caps1989
06-18-2010, 11:19 PM

Yes, in a weaker leauge...

evadatam5150
06-18-2010, 11:40 PM

Seriously.. I think you could make a solid argument with LBJ but Wade I'm iffy on and Durant is just slapping Kobe right in the mouth.. Not to say he wont be great, but he's no where near the complete player that Kobe is.. Not now anyways..

PatsSoxKnicks
06-18-2010, 11:48 PM
Big Z, Ricky Davis, Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, Shaq, Jamison, Marshall, Darius Miles, Ben Wallace, Wally, and Joe all say hello, what happened to us?

Funny how all of a sudden it is funny to praise LA's bench. That wasn't the case all year while Cavs/Lebron fans and LA/Kobe haters were laughing at their lack of depth and being top heavy.

The MVP + 3 other All Stars from as recently as 09 + a former multiple time all star + an all NBA team defender and top 6th man vote getter + a guy who they wouldn't deal for Amare + guys who have been full time starters in Parker, West, and Moon + the reserve list of Telfair, Powe, and Gibson = no support now :laugh2:

Give me a ****ing break!

LA is more top heavy, but no one and I mean no one used the word depth when discussing the overall Lakers 1-13 in comparison to the other contenders. So don't try to sell me with that bull ****.

You just killed yourself with that bolded statement. It's better to be top heavy then have 10+ guys that can play. What's the point? In the playoffs, the starters win, not bench players. They can win you a couple games maybe but for the most part, its the starters and a good 6th man (which the Lakers have). There's no way you can argue that Pau Gasol isn't better than every Cav not named Lebron. Don't give me Shaq because Shaq is really old and is not the same player he once was. Also, I'll take Bynum over any other Cav too (besides Lebron obviously).

Wow...you might be the only guy in the world that believes Pau is better than Pippen. I don't think there is one HOF player who would agree with you. Maybe John Hollinger would though :D

Gasol's career isn't over though so it's kind of unfair to be comparing them now when Gasol's still in his prime. Kind of like it is to compare Kobe and Lebron, Lebron's still got a huge chunk of his career in front of him, Kobe is on the backside of his career.

And why can't Gasol be better than Pippen? His PER is certainly better than Pippen. He's a better rebounder, Gasol has a higher career PPG than Pippen, he gets more blocks.

And the people who play against Pau aren't in the HOF yet. The only people who can judge you are your contemporaries.

And I'm sorry but this is ridiculous that you're trying to compare Kobe to MJ. It's not even close. MJ's still got more rings too. And his stats are way way way way better. And do you think MJ would have gone 6-24 in a game 7?

Dont forget, the league was better back then. You were allowed to be physical, it was about your talent, not how many fouls you'd get, and not about the officials.

Truheatfan
06-18-2010, 11:57 PM
:cheers:

:clap: and kobe is not better than mj no matter how much people want him to be eveyone wants to be like mike not kobe mike was dominant without a big man and people like to say well he had pippen well how relevant is pippen without jordan?? you gove mj a big man and its the same result 6 rings

jojoe1188
06-19-2010, 12:09 AM
But dude, LeBron doesn't stick his jaw out when he hits big shots, and he doesn't shoot his teams out of games, so that means he doesn't REALLY want to win.

lmao

Korman12
06-19-2010, 12:10 AM

I'm pretty surprised your lack of insight and berating of anyone who disagrees with you hasn't gotten you banned yet.

If you merit all of your arguments of in game statistics you fail to understand the game and what it takes, in entirety, to win a championship.

Korman12
06-19-2010, 12:13 AM
As for ESPN - it is what it is, and has always been. If you find it frustrating that the players who are the most popular in the world of sports and that win the most somehow (who would guess) get more attention on a national sport's network, then you don't understand how the television industry works.

USMCLaker
06-19-2010, 12:14 AM

85 posts and still not a coherent one.

Mochalman
06-19-2010, 12:14 AM
switch lebron and kobe and the lakers would win 6 championships in 8 years if they all stick together.

also, espn is a joke and not worth watching unless you like the heat of the moment type of crap. watch first take once and you know what i mean.

tdunk21
06-19-2010, 12:43 AM
its the media....

JFresh_#8Nets
06-19-2010, 12:52 AM
yeah ESPN analysts' **** IMO. they're like bandwagon fans. Idc wat Kobe did in the games 1-6. he didn't win game 7.

Antbanks21
06-19-2010, 01:17 AM

kobe doesn't need to average those numbers... he has a great team and doesn't dominate the ball as much as lebron

championships are not won by a single star... i guess you could also argue that scottie pippen's defense and assist/rebound #'s won the championships for the bulls.

that is uncalled for and receives a :facepalm:.. listen to what you are saying.. we could also say replace jordan with lebron, replace magic with derron williams, bird with carmelo and on and on, and see how many championships they would win, but that's is just stupid and will never happen

SugeKnight
06-19-2010, 01:30 AM
Cavs team averages more assists than the Lakers. (Cleveland is 6th while Lakers are 16th, even though Lakers play a much faster pace)

That is because Mike Brown is an idiot who doesn't know **** about offense. Let him play under an actual coach and his numbers will be even better than it is now.

Shaq is washed up and Jamison just choked and he was too small to guard KG. In no way was that LeBrons fault. However, he contributed to the growth of Mo Williams, Delonte West, and Anderson Verajao. Did Kobe make Smush Parker an All-Star? No. And I don't want to get into how Kobes supporting cast is better than Lebrons because even the most jaded fans realize it.

See above.

You're right, the game is not all about scoring, but all Kobe did in game 7 was rebound and brick shots. 6-24 FG (0-6 3pt) 4 TOs 2 Asts was his handprint. Kobe played his best game in game 6 and what do the Lakers do? They ****in lose!

The only crying and moaning came last night when I was doing your dad :p
(Just kidding Mods don't delete)

You make it sound like you accomplished something by the Lakers winning the championship. Are you on the team? Did you do anything to help them win?

SugeKnight
06-19-2010, 01:33 AM
Oh yea, I completely destroyed your post. If that happened to me I would cry.

jackdawson
06-19-2010, 01:55 AM

:facepalm::facepalm: I would thank the inventor of :facepalm: What a perfect moment to use it!!

robdizzle3
06-19-2010, 02:35 AM

HAHAHA!! I was with you until you said those parts and im a Laker fan, but you just steerd off the road with those comments. I realized this about Kobe just like most of you already know. You either Hate Kobe or Love him, there's no in between. Durant? Really? Iverson and Mac? What basketball do you watch.

jbeezy
06-19-2010, 02:36 AM
Kobe avg 29.2 ppg 5.5 apg 6 reb while shooting .456 from the field during the playoffs.
Very good numbers. Also Kobe shot .456 from the field in the playoffs so you are wrong. Eventhough Kobe had a bad shooting night his 4 offensive reb sure helped aswell as his 11 defensive rebounds. He also did a great job on Allen ad Rondo as they shot 9-27 combined.

robdizzle3
06-19-2010, 02:39 AM
yeah ESPN analysts' **** IMO. they're like bandwagon fans. Idc wat Kobe did in the games 1-6. he didn't win game 7.

No he didnt, but he performed well in all the other games. I hate when people say stuff like, "If he wasnt there BLAH BLAH BLAH", because you can say that about anybody. Plus in order to get to Game 7, you have to get through games 1-6, so it does matter.

leftymo
06-19-2010, 02:59 AM
kobe isnt MIKE

even if he wins 10 championships

and MIKE isn't Kobe... no matter how many 6'4" guards he went up against.

leftymo
06-19-2010, 03:03 AM
Oh yea, I completely destroyed your post. If that happened to me I would cry.

Do you sell haterade for a living.

scoreboard says kobe 5 titles 7 finals...

lebron 0 titles 1 finals...

end of story...

nobody wants to hear about how good a scorer Dominique Wilkins was...

Lebron will have his time to shine, but as of right now Kobe has done more than Lebron has ever. Winning a title at the age of 21 with Shaq fouling out and taking over an OT period with a sprained ankle on the road is more than Lebron's done in his career. You can put all the numbers up in the world, but when its time to really play, him and his team folded.

It wasn't the supporting cast, coaching may have had something to do with it, but you don't win 66 reg season games in consecutive seasons and not be considered a contender, especially when you've already reached the finals previously.

SugeKnight
06-19-2010, 03:09 AM
Do you sell haterade for a living.

scoreboard says kobe 5 titles 7 finals...

lebron 0 titles 1 finals...

end of story...

nobody wants to hear about how good a scorer Dominique Wilkins was...

Lebron will have his time to shine, but as of right now Kobe has done more than Lebron has ever. Winning a title at the age of 21 with Shaq fouling out and taking over an OT period with a sprained ankle on the road is more than Lebron's done in his career. You can put all the numbers up in the world, but when its time to really play, him and his team folded.

It wasn't the supporting cast, coaching may have had something to do with it, but you don't win 66 reg season games in consecutive seasons and not be considered a contender, especially when you've already reached the finals previously.

Kobe - 2 Finals MVPs.
LeBron - 0, for now, but i will guarantee that he will win multiple starting next year, wherever he signs

robdizzle3
06-19-2010, 03:25 AM
Kobe - 2 Finals MVPs.
LeBron - 0, for now, but i will guarantee that he will win multiple starting next year, wherever he signs

Its not gonna be that easy, especially if he signs just on his lonesome. Its not his time right now. The King isnt donw winning yet, but when he is, he'll let his son Prince James know lol.

SugeKnight
06-19-2010, 03:29 AM
Its not gonna be that easy, especially if he signs just on his lonesome. Its not his time right now. The King isnt donw winning yet, but when he is, he'll let his son Prince James know lol.

Doubt he signs by himself. I would put money on him going with Bosh somewhere

nickdymez
06-19-2010, 03:59 AM

Reading your blatant hate for kobe is sickning... Shaq had no one?? Penny hardaway, horace grant, dennis scott.. those guys were really good players.. you dont know anything about basketball.. Just be mad to yourself....

TheGsw
06-19-2010, 04:26 AM
Too many Kobe haters in this thread its ridiculous. Respect the dude and stop the comparisons.

JNA17
06-19-2010, 04:45 AM
Too many Kobe haters in this thread its ridiculous. Respect the dude and stop the comparisons.

it won't stop until 2 or 3 years after he retires. That's just how it works. In sports, in life, and in death. It's all the same.

fadedmario
06-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Shaqs tasting Kobe's *** and you guys are tasting LeBrons dick.

That's funny

Lakersho
06-19-2010, 01:33 PM
...enough with the kobe hate thread stuff, dont put lebron in the conversation until he can get out of the second round. reg. season dont mean shite if your home fishin while playoffs are still goin on. i dont wanna here the "his team let him down " stuff . thats the diff. between all about me or team." reg. season monster or playoff killer " as a player you have to choose. his team was good enough to win top seed in all n.b.a. so miss me with all the lebron hype until he can figger out how to take that so called "next step "

Hawkeye15
06-19-2010, 01:44 PM
cause ESPN is all about the now, and has the collective intelligence of a fan who has the same short term memory most of PSD does. Which is why Rondo is the best PG, and Kobe is the best player. Sure they are...

thedon01
06-19-2010, 01:45 PM

Time out guy.
1. AI and Tmac have a combined, count em, 0 rings

2. There are biased fans who have hard ons for James because he's a superb dunker. He's flashy and has a great marketing plan around him. I watched the kid in highschool and the only impressing thing he had was his dunking ability. He's still the same way. People in this league want the next Michael Jordan and have been dubbing a player every year the next MJ. From Hill to James. Lebron is not the greatest player on the planet and never will be. When his career is over i'll revisit this point.

3. Kobe = 5rings, 2 finals mvps, all star, scoring titles, season mvp, etc etc etc. Kobe is the best player in the world and has been for many years, ask any "REAL" sports analyst and they'll tell you the same thing.

4. Why is it that "FAKE" fans have their head so far up their own *** that they never put the blame where it belongs. James is the leader of the team, supposed King, yet hasnt won ****!, but gets the credit when they win, but doesnt get credit for the loss? These convo's are ridiculous because people are arm chair fans who ride the bandwagon and coat tails of "stars" without being honest with themselves and the sports world. Lebron blew it again, like he's done so many times in the past.

5. Truth is Kobe = Greatest player playing the game, and the Lakers = Best basketball franchise of the last 25 years

Hawkeye15
06-19-2010, 01:46 PM
what I do find funny is Laker fans, who say LeBron can't blame his cast, etc. Kobe wasn't even the best player statistically on his own team in the first few rounds, or to close the last 6 weeks of the season. Um, he has the help to get him there, and the help to cover up 41% shooting. While he played very well, you CAN blame LeBrons cast. There is only so much one player can do. So I guess Kobe's cast in 2005 was not to blame for his first round exit? Its a team sport.
And again, its ESPN. Why does anyone care what they think at this point?

Hawkeye15
06-19-2010, 01:47 PM
The Lakers TEAM earned that championship. That is what should be covered. Because in reality, Kobe didn't play that great offensively. The Lakers defense was incredible, and that is what won them the ring

PHX2daDEATH
06-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Here's my thing with Kobe..He wont ever be on my all-time great team because he'll never be better then Jordan. NEVER. You give Mike a great center like Hakeem or Jabbar from 87 to 90 and i guarantee the Bulls win atleast two or three titles in those years. Jordan won 6 titles in a big man dominated league.. more big man dominated then ever before and by far more dominated then now and he did it with Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley, Will Perdue and Horace Grant. Kobe has been gifted with Shaq and Gasol. Kobe would never get 5 rings playing with Vlade Divac and Kwame Brown as his starting centers..this is why he'll never crack the the top 5 of GOAT's.. top ten..? I'll give him that. certainly he's the best player in the league now but he's not even in Jordan's league.. and you know whats going to happen if he gets two more rings? Yeah ESPN will annoint him the greatest player of all time.

mlisica19
06-19-2010, 02:21 PM
I completely disagree.

Kobe is not some talented player who got lucky.
Good players are those who are talented and skilled, but the great players stand out and Kobe is by far a great player. There is a huge differ between him and A.I and whoever else you mentioned and that is basketball IQ and the heart of a warrior. You don't win 3 titles then come back and with an entirely newly team (except coach and Bryant) you win two more. And hes not even done playing.

The game is not all about stats, Kobe has the stats and he excells in most of them but what makes him so great is his leadership. Watch the film by Spike Lee in which he goes through an entire game only watching what Kobe does. Its remarkable how much little things he does before during and after the game. You find a whole new respect for the man and his greatness, the guy who will always communicate, whose only voice on the court is louder might be Kevin Garnett and no one else. He may not have been the superstar in the first 3 titles but he played a huge part. Now he wins two more and he is truly no doubt the reason for most of their success. Hes the insipiration through words and play that most likely is the reason why the Lakers came back down 3-2 and won their franchises 16th title. James lacks this, as for now. I mean even jordan lacked it first coming into the league. He was the same way Kobe and James are now, same way AI was and still is. The guy who thinks they can do it all, the guy who show boats and rather put on a show then win a game. But turns good intoi great is being able 2 mature as a player and realize you have to trust in your teammates and have to give up something in order to receive something greater

Kobe is way better than James, im tired of this excuses that you james followers give. No team, bum teammates and bad team play. WRONG there is a reason why the cavs keep losing in the playoffs and thats because they are simply never well prepared for playoff series. You sign Mo WIlliams an excellent PG, you get Shaq (who did not play bad this season at all, so he was more of a help than a weakness). and this season you get Jamison to further help a team. There is no excuse, if James is so great where is his ring. He had one good run a few years ago and since then hes done nothing but been a great individual. Thank god Mike Brown was fired cuz he was the wrong guy, James basically controlled that team and it felt like before games instead of going over everything thats important they would rather go over what jersey they are wearing or how there entrances are. In a playoff series you have to study your team the same way Boston and the Lakers do year in and year out and why they are so good. James needs someone, a coach, to mature him the same way Jackson did to Jordan and Kobe.

And im not sitting here saying James is not more athletic and more skilled basketball player. He is no doubt the most athletic player most likely in the world, but right now lets just say in the NBA. But athletiscm is nothing if you dont have the right mindset. And yes James will soon get it but you cant possibly think Lebron is better just cuz he takes a less talented team than the lakers and turns them into a best record team but then gets knocked out of the playoffs both years that Kobe wins it all.

And no Kobe is not the best laker of all time, ESPN even says Magic is. Magic and 2 other lakers have more indiviudal awards than Kobe does plus Magic has 5 championships as well. Magic is the best ever, Kobe needs to win a few more MVPs and at least one more ring before he can be ontop of Magic

mlisica19
06-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Here's my thing with Kobe..He wont ever be on my all-time great team because he'll never be better then Jordan. NEVER. You give Mike a great center like Hakeem or Jabbar from 87 to 90 and i guarantee the Bulls win atleast two or three titles in those years. Jordan won 6 titles in a big man dominated league.. more big man dominated then ever before and by far more dominated then now and he did it with Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley, Will Perdue and Horace Grant. Kobe has been gifted with Shaq and Gasol. Kobe would never get 5 rings playing with Vlade Divac and Kwame Brown as his starting centers..this is why he'll never crack the the top 5 of GOAT's.. top ten..? I'll give him that. certainly he's the best player in the league now but he's not even in Jordan's league.. and you know whats going to happen if he gets two more rings? Yeah ESPN will annoint him the greatest player of all time.

You do realize that it goes even beyond an era of great big men. It was an era where every team had a superstar legend. Some teams had several. Plus Jordan did have some big men. Divac? He was good. Then again give Kobe Scottie Pippen and I bet Kobe wins 3 more titles.

Plus the only reason Jordan didnt win more rings because when the dynasty team was finally created he was 28. and when he was 30 or w.e he retired for 2 years. IF he didnt retire its safe to say he would have won 8 titles.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Technical Foul.

I'm probably one of the bigger LBJ fan here and I know ESPN is on Lebron's nuts all time. Kobe won a ring and Bron didn't. So it should be fair ESPN rides on the champs nuts.

But some people need to stop the hate on either player saying things like "LBJ will never win a title cuz he sucks" or "Kobe only has titles cuz he's had the best supporting cast". Cuz we all know LBJ is guaranteed top 3(maybe even top 2) and Kobe is the leader of that best supporting cast.

Hindy27
06-19-2010, 02:55 PM
You do realize that it goes even beyond an era of great big men. It was an era where every team had a superstar legend. Some teams had several. Plus Jordan did have some big men. Divac? He was good. Then again give Kobe Scottie Pippen and I bet Kobe wins 3 more titles.

Plus the only reason Jordan didnt win more rings because when the dynasty team was finally created he was 28. and when he was 30 or w.e he retired for 2 years. IF he didnt retire its safe to say he would have won 8 titles.

For sure, no one would've stopped the Bulls if he didn't go play baseball. They would've won 8 in a row definitely.

He'd be completely untouchable too if he had with Hakeem or Ewing with him early in his career, I wonder how many rings he would've got if he was lucky enough for that to happen. Hell, imagine if he came into the league out of HS like Kobe, and had Kareem or Moses Malone with him.
:speechless:

PHX2daDEATH
06-19-2010, 03:07 PM

Divac was good but he's no Shaq and he's no Gasol.. I believe if the Bulls ownership did not break that team up that Jordan would of played until 2000
he could of had 10 titles without the retirements. I think it would of altered a lot things like Phil coming to L.A.

sventhedog
06-19-2010, 03:09 PM
3 things:

1. this gives you a reason to try to be smarter when you listen to reports. business will always be business.

2. stats doesn't tell you everything. lebron has higher fg% than kobe but only someone stupid would tell you lebron can shoot better at the perimeter.

3. it's still news. it has to come from somewhere. lebron gave the media a reason to question his desire to win championships.

allan w davis
06-19-2010, 03:30 PM
ESPN has turned their coverage into enshrinement and hero worshiping. Kobe is a great player but who really cares if he's the greatest, Ali. His turn off is his smugness-arrogance.

Magic Bean Fury
06-19-2010, 03:30 PM
I like where poleandreel talks about Bandwagon fans coming out and mentions he's a thunder fan. I bet he's been a Thunder fan for a long time.

timtom
06-19-2010, 03:32 PM
To all the Kobe Haters:

Say what you want about Kobe and make all the excuses and comparisons you want to Jordan, Lebron, Wade and others. At the end of the day, Kobe has 5 NBA championship rings, an Olympic Gold, and 2 Finals MVP. Even before the NBA finals, his jersey continues to be the highest-selling in the NBA and around the world. Do you really think he cares about you haters? I think not!

madiaz3
06-19-2010, 03:37 PM

Kobe and Shaq would **** all over Iverson/Tmac/Carter and Shaq teams.

Magic Bean Fury
06-19-2010, 03:38 PM
When Jordan shot 5 for 19 (.263) in Game 6 against Seattle Supersonics and they won largely because of Rodman's 11 offensive boards (Seattle as a team had 12), I don't remember people saying Jordan choked or give the Finals MVP to Pippen or Rodman. Interesting!!

Hawkeye15
06-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Kobe and Shaq would **** all over Iverson/Tmac/Carter and Shaq teams.

I could see making a rational argument for TMac for a few years, but the other two, you are absolutely correct. Iverson/Carter and Shaq would have been sick, but not a champion in my opinion

XerxestheGreat
06-19-2010, 03:47 PM
"Lebron have you seen my 5 championship rings?"

hahaha as for Lebron having lesser team-mates than Kobe, umm i dont know if you know this but Cleveland had the best record in the year.

Here is the really difference between Kobe and KG type players and the rest of the superstars...when Lebron is clowning around taking fake pictures of his teammates, he is setting an example to his mates..."this is how the Cavs are run"...Kobe and KG set a quite different example for there team...no one is clowning and cracking jokes...instead its an atmosphere of intensity and professional demeanor. Just look at KG for example do you think the Celtics would be caught dead taking cute fake little pictures of each other before and intense game?

Lebron has a better team, better numbers, more hype, but he lacks a winning mentality and that cannot be taught it has to be gained through experience. Until then he is just a marketing tool!!! Championships are reserved for people who really want it and not the ones who think they deserve it.

Kakaroach
06-19-2010, 03:49 PM
This thread has more than run its course. I should have closed it a while ago.