PDA

View Full Version : Kobe: "I Got One More Than Shaq. Take That To The Bank.I Dont Forget Nothing"

D Roses Bulls
06-18-2010, 01:07 PM
I really hope Shaq responds back :)

http://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhB55dVu7r813w8672

J4KOP99
06-18-2010, 01:11 PM
OMG did he really say that?!?!?!?

What if Shaq makes another rap about him again??????

Win one for the king!!!@

CowboysKB24
06-18-2010, 01:14 PM
OMG did he really say that?!?!?!?

What if Shaq makes another rap about him again??????

Win one for the king!!!@

Shaq did reply via twitter. He said "Congratulations Kobe, u deserve it. U played great. Enjoy it man enjoy it. I know what ur sayin "Shaq how my *** taste"

YankeeFan28
Ehhh he was just trying to be a comedian.

fadedmario
Kobe kept his mouth shut until he was in a position to better Shaq. Shaq kisses his *** now. Funny how the tables turn. That's Shaq's problem, he always talking ****.

b0nk
06-18-2010, 01:15 PM
how can shaq respond? kobe just won back to back
maybe shaq shoulda never opened his fat mouth

D Roses Bulls
06-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Shaq did reply via twitter. He said "Congratulations Kobe, u deserve it. U played great. Enjoy it man enjoy it. I know what ur sayin "Shaq how my *** taste"

god i hate twitter.......

still1ballin
06-18-2010, 01:16 PM
I am glad he said that. Perfect timing. All that crap said about Kobe when Shaq was in Miami and Kobe kept quiet. Hey, they might of buried the hatchet, but like Kobe says, he doesn't forget.

B.JenningsMVP
06-18-2010, 01:19 PM

this

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Ehhh he was just trying to be a comedian.
True. It didn't seem malicious or anything. But in his heart, I know he's thrilled to get this one to stick it to Shaq. I don't blame him.

m26555
06-18-2010, 01:20 PM
I think this was before Bryant's remark, though.

J4KOP99
06-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Shaq is going to do everything in his power to go back to the Lakers for one more run...

He won't respond with anything.

m26555
06-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Shaq is going to do everything in his power to go back to the Lakers for one more run...

He won't respond with anything.
I highly doubt Shaq does that at this point. It would make him look terrible.

the nightman
06-18-2010, 01:23 PM
shaq doesnt need to say anything. he is still superior to kobe.

Black24Momba8
06-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Kobe the man what

D Roses Bulls
06-18-2010, 01:26 PM

yea I mean no offense to Kobe, but even the hard core laker fans have to admit that if it wasnt for shaq, kobe would of won his second ring last night. shaq was the reason that kobe and lakers won their first 3 rings.

RaiderLakersA's
06-18-2010, 01:27 PM
"He who laughs last..."

I wasn't expecting Kobe's response, but I understand it. Kobe and Shaq may never be bosom buddies, but obviously they see in each other a rival that pushes each man to get the better of the other -- or at least they did. Maybe if Shaq (who never admitted to having a true rival while in his prime) had a Kobe-type rival playing for another team, it would have pushed Shaq to play well beyond his potential. We'll never know.

As of now, unless someone finds the fountain of youth, Shaq is likely to end his career a step or two behind Kobe.

b0nk
06-18-2010, 01:28 PM
yea I mean no offense to Kobe, but even the hard core laker fans have to admit that if it wasnt for shaq, kobe would of won his second ring last night. shaq was the reason that kobe and lakers won their first 3 rings.

and if it wasn't for Kobe, shaq would only have 1 ring

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2010, 01:29 PM
I love Shaq but he had it coming.

Triple suck him Shaq.

Switch
06-18-2010, 01:30 PM

And without Kobe, there is no way Shaq would have one those 3 rings by himself.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2010, 01:30 PM

Shaq was the man on that team. I don't know what you are saying.

m26555
06-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Shaq was the man on that team. I don't know what you are saying.
He's saying that without Kobe's help, Shaq wouldn't have won a title in Los Angeles, and he's right. The fact that he was the man doesn't really mean anything here.

still1ballin
06-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Mama there goes that man

hustleloyrspct
06-18-2010, 01:32 PM
i have no respect for kobe lol he would have no titles if it wasnt for shaq or gasol and thats the straight up truth

D Roses Bulls
06-18-2010, 01:33 PM

I dont know about that. Shaq was so dominate those first 3 rings that you could of put any all star who could hit a mid range when shaq was being doubled and they still would have won. remember shaqs stats those first 3 runs, i mean they were out of this world.don't believe me? just go back and watch those first 3 runs.

D Roses Bulls
06-18-2010, 01:33 PM
i have no respect for kobe lol he would have no titles if it wasnt for shaq or gasol and thats the straight up truth

+1

m26555
06-18-2010, 01:34 PM
:facepalm:

No player can win it on his own.

My God...you people are making me defend Kobe Bryant.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2010, 01:36 PM
He's saying that without Kobe's help, Shaq wouldn't have won a title in Los Angeles, and he's right. The fact that he was the man doesn't really mean anything here.

But he's completely erasing Shaqs 3 years there. If Kobe wasn't there, there would have been someone else to take his spot cuz you cant just take away a player without having a place holder for him. And we really don't know the result of Shaqs 3 years with that other player as his sidekick.

m26555
06-18-2010, 01:37 PM
But he's completely erasing Shaqs 3 years there. If Kobe wasn't there, there would have been someone else to take his spot cuz you cant just take away a player without having a place holder for him. And we really don't know the result of Shaqs 3 years with that other player as his sidekick.
Just like you're basically erasing Kobe's three years there. And how can you be so sure that the "placeholder" would have done enough to win a single ring with Shaq, let alone three?

My whole point is that Shaq and Kobe BOTH needed each other; plain and simple.

still1ballin
06-18-2010, 01:37 PM

By your logic then you can say Jordan would not have 6 titles if it wasn't for Pippen or Phil Jackson. Remember Doug Collins coached Jordan and not until PJ came into the picture is when they started to win.

It is impossible for one player to win on his own.

You fail:facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
06-18-2010, 01:38 PM
:facepalm:

No player can win it on his own.

My God...you people are making me defend Kobe Bryant.

I dont think he is saying shaq would have won it on his own. but shaq was the main reason why kove has 5 rings instead of 3. i mean seriously you could put another good player who was not as good as kobe along side shaq in those days and shaq would of still won 3 rings. he didnt need kobe to win the rings, kobe needed shaq.

m26555
06-18-2010, 01:39 PM
I dont think he is saying shaq would have won it on his own. but shaq was the main reason why kove has 5 rings instead of 3. i mean seriously you could put another good player who was not as good as kobe along side shaq in those days and shaq would of still won 3 rings. he didnt need kobe to win the rings, kobe needed shaq.
No; he is basically saying that Kobe can't win it on his own, when in fact, no player can. He said Kobe would have no rings without Shaq or Gasol, which is an incredibly ignorant statement to make because EVERY superstar needs a good supporting cast to win titles.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Just like you're basically erasing Kobe's three years there. And how can you be so sure that the "placeholder" would have done enough to win a single ring with Shaq, let alone three?

Who says I'm erasing his 3 years?

I just said if Kobe isn't in LA, someone else would be taking his spot in LA. And Kobe would be somewhere else.

I never said Kobe would only have 2 titles without Shaq. I said we won't know cuz Kobe would have been somewhere else doing other things.

D Roses Bulls
06-18-2010, 01:40 PM
look it doesnt matter people, all i know is kobe should be kissing jerry west's butt for putting him in this situation, trading for him back in the day on draft day to play with shaq and gift wrapping gasol for him.

RaiderLakersA's

Not necessarily true. Some hard core Lakers fans feel that Kobe was 1B to Shaq's 1A. Kobe contributed just as much and catered his game to make up for what Shaq lacked. During some games, especially in the playoffs leading to the Finals (and let's face it, the Lakers REAL competition during that time was the opponents in the West, not the blokes we faced from the East), Kobe shined, despite the fact that the Lakers offensive philosophy required the ball to go through Shaq in order to get easy shots, i.e., the path of least resistance. Most of you are too young to realize this, but the game really is predicated on the big man anyway.

m26555
Who says I'm erasing his 3 years?

I just said if Kobe isn't in LA, someone else would be taking his spot in LA. And Kobe would be somewhere else.

I never said Kobe would only have 2 titles without Shaq. I said we won't know cuz Kobe would have been somewhere else doing other things.
You can use the same exact argument for Shaq, but whatever.

Sadds The Gr8
06-18-2010, 01:43 PM
god i hate twitter.......

x800

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2010, 01:44 PM

How am I erasing his 3 years? I said Shaq would have had someone else and Kobe would be somewhere else(Think something like a trade)

Want me to show an example?

Example: Before the 1999-2000 season trade deadline, the Lakers traded Kobe for T-mac. So Shaq would have T-Mac and Kobe would be on the Raptors with Vince. We won't know how Kobe's career and Shaq's career turned out.

Where in the hell did I say the player replacing Kobe would have done enough? I said we won't know how it will turn out.

I don't know why you are getting so defensive about something so simple.

JasonJohnHorn
06-18-2010, 01:44 PM
I love it. Back and forth like that, one guy trying to one-up the other guy. Its all good, and they both seem to have a sense of humour about it. And you know what, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised of Shaq ends up signing for the vet min with LA in the offseason to finish his career off where he earned his first three rings.

shaw has this going for him: when he was on the Lakers and was the leading scorer, they were undefeated in the finals and never needed a game seven, when Kobe was the leading scorer is 2-2 and needed a game 7 to win one.

they are both great players and a fun little rivalry like that makes for an interesting story and makes potential match-ups and/or pairing more interesting.

D Roses Bulls
06-18-2010, 01:45 PM
No; he is basically saying that Kobe can't win it on his own, when in fact, no player can. He said Kobe would have no rings without Shaq or Gasol, which is an incredibly ignorant statement to make because EVERY superstar needs a good supporting cast to win titles.

well being a miami fan like you are, dont you remember it was pretty much, im not saying fully, but it was pretty much wade taking over why the heat won in 2006. yes, you need a pretty good supporting cast, but see the knock on kobe will be kobe needed aall star big man each time to win a ring. wade did it with shaq not even averaging a double double for the series, jordan did it with luc longley of all people. even duncan who is a big man did it with not even one all star on his team at the time besides himself, even though parker and ginolbili did become an all star later on.

younggunn113
06-18-2010, 01:46 PM

Stupid stupid stupid argument. Yeah, Kobe needed Shaq to win those three but Shaq needed Kobe just as much. Shaq played in Orlando and didn't win anything with Penny. He's ALWAYS played with a premier guard, this argument is so dumb. Shaq played with: Penny, Kobe, Wade, Nash, LeBron. Shaq would have 0 rings if not for Kobe and Wade. You can flip the argument so easily. They needed each other to win, as does every superstar. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY can win a ring alone.

Fad3Away
Kobe now has his 5th ring and still doesn't get the respect he deserves...

Raps18-19 Champ
You can use the same exact argument for Shaq, but whatever.

I know that. Where did I say you can't use the same argument for Shaq?

m26555
06-18-2010, 01:47 PM
How am I erasing his 3 years? I said Shaq would have had someone else and Kobe would be somewhere else(Think something like a trade)

Want me to show an example?

Example: Before the 1999-2000 season trade deadline, the Lakers traded Kobe for T-mac. So Shaq would have T-Mac and Kobe would be on the Raptors with Vince. We won't know how Kobe's career and Shaq's career turned out.

Where in the hell did I say the player replacing Kobe would have done enough? I said we won't know how it will turn out.

I don't know why you are getting so defensive about something so simple.
1. Did you have to quote my post twice? You couldn't just say that in your first post?

2. Where the heck is T-Mac coming from? I could just as easily say that the Lakers could have made a trade for David Robinson.

3. By you saying that Shaq probably would have won with a "placeholder" for Kobe, you are saying that you know how it would have turned out.

4. Defensive??? How in the world am I getting defensive? May I remind you that I HATE Kobe Bryant?

Teeboy1487
06-18-2010, 01:47 PM
I hated what Kobe said. Shaq complimented him on being the best laker ever, but he always has to be an ******* about everything. I can't stand Kobe sometimes. I love his game but his personality annoys me so much. He should not even be mentioning this. I'm not defending Shaq because he is an ******* too. I just wish these two would be men and stop this feuding crap. Enough is enough.

RaiderLakersA's
06-18-2010, 01:49 PM
i mean seriously you could put another good player who was not as good as kobe along side shaq in those days and shaq would of still won 3 rings.

I call B/S!!!

Evidently you couldn't put Penny Hardaway in that spot. No rings.

And the one game that Kobe was injured and out for the Lakers during the Finals, the Lakers lost. What if Kobe had been out for the rest of the series? Does Reggie Miller and the Pacers get their first ring? Probable.

And what about all of the big game winning shots that Kobe made against our Western Conference foes to get us TO the Finals??? Shaq couldn't hit a free throw to save his life, let alone dismantle the Spurs, or send the Trailblazers packing with clutch shot after clutch shot.

Please! Will this nonsense ever stop?

b0nk
06-18-2010, 01:49 PM
I dont know about that. Shaq was so dominate those first 3 rings that you could of put any all star who could hit a mid range when shaq was being doubled and they still would have won. remember shaqs stats those first 3 runs, i mean they were out of this world.don't believe me? just go back and watch those first 3 runs.
why couldn't he win with penny then? fact of the matter is he started winning with Kobe. and has only won one without him while Kobe has won 2 without shaq. shaq was a force out there, but many times Kobe had to bail him out when he got into foul trouble and remember hack a shaq. sure there are other stars out there who would be decent, but nobody can take over a game like Kobe especially when you have Shaq's fat *** sitting on the bench with foul trouble

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2010, 01:51 PM
1. Did you have to quote my post twice? You couldn't just say that in your first post?

2. Where the heck is T-Mac coming from? I could just as easily say that the Lakers could have made a trade for David Robinson.

3. By you saying that Shaq probably would have won with a "placeholder" for Kobe, you are saying that you know how it would have turned out.

4. Defensive??? How in the world am I getting defense? May I remind you that I HATE Kobe Bryant?

1. You aren't getting the logic so I guess I have to post twice.

2. I was making a scenario. Make a trade for Robinson if you want.

3. Where the hell did I say Shaq would have won with a place holder? I said you can't say he would have only won 1 cuz you will never know how the other 3 years would have turned out.

4. The fact that you gotta argue back about something so simple is stupid.

Here's what I'm saying.

If Kobe and Shaq weren't together, Kobe would be somewhere else teaming up with someone else and the same goes for Shaq. Now we will never know how those years would have turned out so you just can't say Shaq would have only had 1 title or Kobe would have had 2.

m26555
06-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Also, doesn't anyone else feel like Kobe would have been sticking it to Shaq more if he DIDN'T say anything?

Killa<>Don
06-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Shaq wouldnt of won S**T without Kobe or Dwade.

m26555
06-18-2010, 01:53 PM
1. You aren't getting the logic so I guess I have to post twice.

2. I was making a scenario. Make a trade for Robinson if you want.

3. Where the hell did I say Shaq would have won with a place holder? I said you can't say he would have only won 1 cuz you will never know how the other 3 years would have turned out.

4. The fact that you gotta argue back about something so simple is stupid.

Here's what I'm saying.

If Kobe and Shaq weren't together, Kobe would be somewhere else teaming up with someone else and the same goes for Shaq. Now we will never know how those years would have turned out so you just can't say Shaq would have only had 1 title or Kobe would have had 2.
1. I am getting your logic; it's just not logical.

2. Oh really? Okay then; put T-Mac on the Timberwolves during the Garnett years, and they win three or four titles. See how dumb that logic is?

3. Maybe it wasn't you, but someone in this thread DEFINITELY said that Shaq would have also won with a placeholder because of how dominant he was. If it wasn't you, then forgive me.

4. No; the fact that you are bringing up these crazy scenarios is stupid. Trading Kobe for T-Mac? Are you serious?

Again, Shaq and Kobe both needed each other. End of story.

Raps18-19 Champ
I hated what Kobe said. Shaq complimented him on being the best laker ever, but he always has to be an ******* about everything. I can't stand Kobe sometimes. I love his game but his personality annoys me so much. He should not even be mentioning this. I'm not defending Shaq because he is an ******* too. I just wish these two would be men and stop this feuding crap. Enough is enough.

These guys love each other now.

That's what you do with your friends. You insult and take cheap shots at them and they still love each other cuz you know it isn't meant to hurt but to have fun.

majestic
jordan played great though and was clutch.. kobe goes 6-24 and he he gets mvp and people try to compare him to jordan ?? gross.. he will never be on michael jordans level no matter how many rings he wins.. and yea kobe was the scottie pippen on those shaq laker teams and im pretty sure jordan wins those finals without pippen anyways.. jordan was clutch and makin game winnin shots in the finals while kobe goes 6-24 and people suck him off still lol..

the guy is poor man michael jordan and stern is ridin his dick untill he retires.. so yea he will get 3 more rings probably.. just because stern lovess these ratings

D Roses Bulls
06-18-2010, 01:54 PM
why couldn't he win with penny then? fact of the matter is he started winning with Kobe. and has only won one without him while Kobe has won 2 without shaq. shaq was a force out there, but many times Kobe had to bail him out when he got into foul trouble and remember hack a shaq. sure there are other stars out there who would be decent, but nobody can take over a game like Kobe especially when you have Shaq's fat *** sitting on the bench with foul trouble

I call B/S!!!

Evidently you couldn't put Penny Hardaway in that spot. No rings.

And the one game that Kobe was injured and out for the Lakers during the Finals, the Lakers lost. What if Kobe had been out for the rest of the series? Does Reggie Miller and the Pacers get their first ring? Probable.

And what about all of the big game winning shots that Kobe made against our Western Conference foes to get us TO the Finals??? Shaq couldn't hit a free throw to save his life, let alone dismantle the Spurs, or send the Trailblazers packing with clutch shot after clutch shot.

Please! Will this nonsense ever stop?

he couldn't win with Penny for a couple reasons. first of all, he was playing against Hakeem in hakeems prime and do you not remember who the rockets had back then? drexler, horry, cassel, maxwell, smith and so on. second, shaq lacked the finals experience back then along with the rest of the magic. third, he had to get through jordan in 96 or i think the magic would of won that year against the sonics. last, but not least, shaq was bigger, had more post moves and in his prime when he was with the lakers his first 3 rings. i mean they were double and tripling him in the finals (I mean when do you see a team really ever tripling a player?). like i said guys, just go back and watch the tapes. shaq was a freakin monster

m26555
06-18-2010, 01:55 PM
These guys love each other now.

That's what you do with your friends. You insult and take cheap shots at them and they still love each other cuz you know it isn't meant to hurt but to have fun.
I can pretty much assure you with 100% confidence that Kobe and Shaq do NOT love each other.

younggunn113
06-18-2010, 01:58 PM
well being a miami fan like you are, dont you remember it was pretty much, im not saying fully, but it was pretty much wade taking over why the heat won in 2006. yes, you need a pretty good supporting cast, but see the knock on kobe will be kobe needed aall star big man each time to win a ring. wade did it with shaq not even averaging a double double for the series, jordan did it with luc longley of all people. even duncan who is a big man did it with not even one all star on his team at the time besides himself, even though parker and ginolbili did become an all star later on.

That's a lie, you're making things up based off of 0 stats. Shaq averaged
13.6/10 in the finals...that is a double double.

Jordan also did it with Pippen and Rodman. Take a look at Rodman's numbers..The years he won rings with the Bulls he averaged 15 rebounds in 96 16 in 97 and 15 in 98. That's a lot of rebounding, don't Luc Longley me. He was also first team all defense. Shaq also made the all star game the year the Heat won the finals. Duncan has always had great help around him. When he won his first two rings, David Robinson was on the team. The second one he had Ginolbili, Parker, Kerr, Stephen Jackson, Bowen. When they won his 3rd
ring Ginobili was an all star and Parker was about to become one. Stop making things up...

RaiderLakersA's
06-18-2010, 02:00 PM
he couldn't win with Penny for a couple reasons.

Sigh. You said that Shaq could win with ANYONE. Don't need to hear all of the reasons why he didn't, thus proving your claim invalid. The history speaks for itself.

Is Ron Ron's therapist in need of business? We have a few on PSD who could use his/her services.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2010, 02:02 PM
1. I am getting your logic; it's just not logical.

2. Oh really? Okay then; put T-Mac on the Timberwolves during the Garnett years, and they win three or four titles. See how dumb that logic is?

3. Maybe it wasn't you, but someone in this thread DEFINITELY said that Shaq would have also won with a placeholder because of how dominant he was. If it wasn't you, then forgive me.

4. No; the fact that you are bringing up these crazy scenarios is stupid. Trading Kobe for T-Mac? Are you serious?

Again, Shaq and Kobe both needed each other. End of story.

The guy said without Kobe, Shaq wouldn't have done anything. But you can't just take Kobe out of a situation. Cuz unless Kobe died or retired, he would have to be traded for him to be out of the Lakers. And that person they got for Kobe would have to be Kobe's replacement and we won't know how Shaqs career would have turned out.

How is it stupid to try and replace Kobe. You guys are taking out Kobe and leaving Shaq with the rest of the Lakers squad like they wouldn't have received anything in return. They obviously would have received something in return if Kobe left and we wouldn't know how that new team would have turned out.

b0nk
06-18-2010, 02:03 PM
he couldn't win with Penny for a couple reasons. first of all, he was playing against Hakeem in hakeems prime and do you not remember who the rockets had back then? drexler, horry, cassel, maxwell, smith and so on. second, shaq lacked the finals experience back then along with the rest of the magic. third, he had to get through jordan in 96 or i think the magic would of won that year against the sonics. last, but not least, shaq was bigger, had more post moves and in his prime when he was with the lakers his first 3 rings. i mean they were double and tripling him in the finals (I mean when do you see a team really ever tripling a player?). like i said guys, just go back and watch the tapes. shaq was a freakin monster
yes, shaq was a monster but he was also a liability. i don't know how many times Phil had to take Shaq out because teams were resorting to hack a shaq, and then you have Shaq's foul troubles. When that happen they needed a guy like Kobe to take over and bail them out. not many shooting guards have ability to do that... so no, you can't just replace kobe with anybody

younggunn113
06-18-2010, 02:03 PM
jordan played great though and was clutch.. kobe goes 6-24 and he he gets mvp and people try to compare him to jordan ?? gross.. he will never be on michael jordans level no matter how many rings he wins.. and yea kobe was the scottie pippen on those shaq laker teams and im pretty sure jordan wins those finals without pippen anyways.. jordan was clutch and makin game winnin shots in the finals while kobe goes 6-24 and people suck him off still lol..

the guy is poor man michael jordan and stern is ridin his dick untill he retires.. so yea he will get 3 more rings probably.. just because stern lovess these ratings

I forgot MJ never had a bad shooting night...oh wait..

Game 6 of the 1996 NBA finals, Jordan went 5-19 which is 26% went 11-12 from the line and finished with 22/9/7. Kobe went 6-24 25% went 11-15 from the line and finished 23/15/2. People have bad games, people just tend to put Jordan up on such high ground all the time the forget about games like this, much like people will do with Kobe 10-15 years from now. There were a few games were Jordan could have had a big performance but he didn't play well. People aren't immune to bad games, even the greatest have them.

Game 7 ECF 1998 9-25 10-15FT 28/9/8
Game 6 ECF 1993 8-24 8-9 FT 25/9/2
Game 6 ECF 1991 10-27 9-9 FT 29/8/8

These are just games from the years he won championships too in close out games. Listen I'm not saying Kobe is better than Jordan or anything of that nature, I'm just showing you that people have bad games. You just learn to forget them when the player is that great. I'm telling you 10 years from now when people talk about Kobe they're not going to say remember how poorly he shot in game 7 of his 5th championship. He played well in the first 6 games of the series. You're a clown, the love affair is blinding you from the truth.

asmarks18
06-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Kobes kids are so ugly.

Raps18-19 Champ
I can pretty much assure you with 100% confidence that Kobe and Shaq do NOT love each other.

These guys put their feud behind them. They say they spend time together and talk a lot to each other. Maybe 'Love' was the wrong world but these guys have the most respect for each other and I don't think a comment like that would cause anything other than harmless fun.

kblo247

That was the same reply he used last year after they beat Orlando.

Klivlend
06-18-2010, 02:05 PM
look it doesnt matter people, all i know is kobe should be kissing jerry west's butt for putting him in this situation, trading for him back in the day on draft day to play with shaq and gift wrapping gasol for him.

Haha, my sentiments exactly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYFNhjVWQKk

Don't forget about getting Phil Jackson, either.

m26555
06-18-2010, 02:07 PM
These guys put their feud behind them. They say they spend time together and talk a lot to each other. Maybe 'Love' was the wrong world but these guys have the most respect for each other and I don't think a comment like that would cause anything other than harmless fun.
As much as they may kiss up to each other in public, believe me; Shaq was as depressed as any Celtic fan after the game last night (regardless of what he posts on his Twitter), and Kobe was more than happy to stick it to him.

awmathewsjr
06-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Kobe kept his mouth shut until he was in a position to better Shaq. Shaq kisses his *** now. Funny how the tables turn. That's Shaq's problem, he always talking ****.

agreed

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2010, 02:11 PM
As much as they may kiss up to each other in public, believe me; Shaq was as depressed as any Celtic fan after the game last night (regardless of what he posts on his Twitter), and Kobe was more than happy to stick it to him.

Iunno if I'd trust a guy who uses the arugument of completely take out a man like he never existed.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Kobes kids are so ugly.
They may have been the product of rape? :shrug:

Oh, take it easy everyone. Just a little ribbing.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2010, 02:13 PM

Technical foul.

RaiderLakersA's
06-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Kobes kids are so ugly.

Leave the children out of this!!!! :mad:

Don't even joke about them.

RaiderLakersA's
06-18-2010, 02:16 PM

Please delete any and all posts referencing the kids.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Technical foul.
:(

I won't go the route of Sheed and throw my hands up and run around.

asmarks18
06-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Leave the children out of this!!!! :mad:

Don't even joke about them.

Wasn't joking. Look at them.

And calm down. No need to be mr. tough guy and act like you run this board. Tragedy's joke was a little over the top but whatev.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2010, 02:20 PM
How come we can't talk about someone's kid but we are allowed to get solid on a players wife?

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 02:22 PM
LOL, relax everyone. The comments I made were 100% about Kobe doing something wrong, nothing bad about the kids. Like I said, just a joke.

asmarks18
06-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Like Kobe is not that bad looking (no homo) and his wife is really really good looking. Their kids must be adopted. It just doesn't make sense. lmao.

Double_R
06-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Yea his wife used to be hot, but now she is looking like an "8th street latina"

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Yea his wife used to be hot, but now she is looking like an "8th street latina"
:laugh:

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Like Kobe is not that bad looking (no homo) and his wife is really really good looking. Their kids must be adopted. It just doesn't make sense. lmao.

After this picture, he's got me convinced over Cristiano Ronaldo.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs522.snc3/29720_392089356260_506086260_4645176_7800699_n.jpg

Double_R
06-18-2010, 02:29 PM
BTW everybody leave Kobe's kids out of this...

hahahahha... remember Jason Kidd's kid's head... he was like 3ft tall with with a head like Barkley

UnWantedTheory
06-18-2010, 02:29 PM

UH, no.Thats just a ridiculous statement. Shaq was the best player during that 3-peat. He carried that team to 4 Finals.

kblo247
06-18-2010, 02:33 PM
UH, no.Thats just a ridiculous statement. Shaq was the best player during that 3-peat. He carried that team to 4 Finals.

Shaq wasn't even the best player there their last 2 years together

sean17c
06-18-2010, 02:34 PM

thats the funniest post ive EVER seen on here

Double_R
Yea... no Kobe during 1st three peat= 3 Peat anyway

b0nk

lol. Shaq wouldn't have won rings without Kobe and Kobe wouldn't have won rings without Shaq. that is fact

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2010, 02:36 PM
I had to search that up to get it.

Lol.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2010, 02:37 PM
lol. Shaq wouldn't have won rings without Kobe and Kobe wouldn't have won rings without Shaq. that is fact

Ther would have been someone else to take shaq's place beside kobe and vise versa. So we wouldn't know who would have won a ring.

kblo247
06-18-2010, 02:38 PM

This.

They needed one another and Shaq admits that:
"I jabbed them silly and Kobe delivered the knockouts"

blah-blah
06-18-2010, 02:43 PM
i hate kobe

Double_R
06-18-2010, 02:48 PM
I would take Shaq in his prime over Kobe in his prime... ps I like Kobe way better than Shaq, but it's hard to believe that Shaq wouldn't have got the titles without Kobe... He was so dominating during that time period that he would have got them with whomever he had on his team. If you took Kobe off and put on a lesser star but still comparable player, they still would have won...

Philly4life84
06-18-2010, 02:50 PM
okay Kobe's great and every thing one of the best to ever play the game. No player can win a ring on his own. He needs help. Without Shaq and Gasol Kobe would have no rings. He would still have a hell of a career but no titles. He also had the zen master commanding the ship. Had Allen Iverson had the team Kobe had or even just Shaq then the sixers would have won the 01 finals and maybe more. Iverson had no supporting cast like ever, but he doesn't get the credit he deserves. (and yes im aware that the sixers currently suck)

kblo247
06-18-2010, 02:51 PM
I would take Shaq in his prime over Kobe in his prime... ps I like Kobe way better than Shaq, but it's hard to believe that Shaq wouldn't have got the titles without Kobe... He was so dominating during that time period that he would have got them with whomever he had on his team. If you took Kobe off and put on a lesser star but still comparable player, they still would have won...

So anyone could have been the primary facilitator, scorer, and averaged the best 2nd options scoring numbers since the days of West?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2010, 02:58 PM
So anyone could have been the primary facilitator, scorer, and averaged the best 2nd options scoring numbers since the days of West?

Maybe.

If Kobe wasn't there, he would have to be traded. And with Kobe's talent, the Lakers could have gotten someone just as good. I mean AI was on the block in 2000/2001. An AI-Shaq team seems good.

Rams Fan
06-18-2010, 03:02 PM
The Lakers dont really need Shaq..

kblo247
06-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Maybe.

If Kobe wasn't there, he would have to be traded. And with Kobe's talent, the Lakers could have gotten someone just as good. I mean AI was on the block in 2000/2001. An AI-Shaq team seems good.

I forgot primary defender as Kobe did that as well for that 3 peat team. He basically took the roles of both Van Exel and Jones

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2010, 03:16 PM
I forgot primary defender as Kobe did that as well for that 3 peat team. He basically took the roles of both Van Exel and Jones

I was just trying to say we can't determine how much rings either one would have got if they weren't together.

Like if Kobe was traded, the Lakers could have got the likes of T-Mac, AI, Vince(around 2002/2003) and a lot of other talented backcourt players. And either one of those teamed up with Shaq would have been deadly.

Or if Shaq was traded for the Timmy D's, and Garnetts of the world, Kobe could have gotten some rings too.

kblo247
06-18-2010, 03:28 PM
I was just trying to say we can't determine how much rings either one would have got if they weren't together.

Like if Kobe was traded, the Lakers could have got the likes of T-Mac, AI, Vince(around 2002/2003) and a lot of other talented backcourt players. And either one of those teamed up with Shaq would have been deadly.

Or if Shaq was traded for the Timmy D's, and Garnetts of the world, Kobe could have gotten some rings too.

My bad. You are absolutely correct.

gbpackers12
06-18-2010, 03:57 PM
I like that Kobe admits he played horrible last night. It makes me dislike him a little less. That statement was pretty hilarious though.

Method28
06-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Kobe should be more thankful. Without Shaq he would have only 2 rings. Kobe cant win without a big man. Look what happened when Shaq left, then they get Gasol and it's right back to the Finals. Nobody can do it alone, I understand that. Just saying Kobe should stop talking ****. He's actin like a punk.

dtmagnet
06-18-2010, 07:28 PM
I like it, there's not enough jawing in the NBA anymore everyone is buddy buddy.

hgtiger32
06-18-2010, 07:31 PM
haha wtf is everyone taking kobe's comment serious? they asked him what it means to have 5 championships and he said "one more than shaq and so on" then he added, "Nah, you guys know what it means, i've been saying it all season." it was a damn joke for cryin out loud...lol some people overreact to stuff

KB24PG16
06-18-2010, 07:33 PM
mj wouldnt have 6 rings without pippen.

Method28
06-18-2010, 08:05 PM
mj wouldnt have 6 rings without pippen.

I disagree but thats your opinion.

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2010, 09:17 PM
I disagree but thats your opinion.

There is no way MJ has 6 rings without Pippen and vice versa.

Just like Magic wouldn't without Kareem and Worthy.

Kobe without Shaq and Pau.

Shaq without Kobe and Wade.

And on and on and on.

I know, it is surprising, but TEAMS win championships. . .

SouljahPhil...
06-18-2010, 09:26 PM

The most stupid idiot I have seen on PSD...OMG..

No player could win a ring on his won...Especially on the present condition on the NBA..Even garnett.,pierce and allen needed each other..

DOn't post stupid replies if you don't want to look like an idiot...:facepalm:

PrettyBoyJ
06-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Kobe waited until he showed the world he could win without shaq not once but twice.. Its only right he had to respond to shaq for all those years

Chamberneazy
06-18-2010, 10:05 PM
I really don't like Kobe but I thought that was really funny.

_KB24_
06-18-2010, 10:12 PM
"Check my $tats"

blacknell
06-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Shaq is out his prime when he was 31 he was the most feared player in the NBA Shaq was unstoppable, i hope he goes to Dallas and then they find away to get some scorer at the 2 spot

Derick713
06-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Kobe Bryant isn't an all time great player because he's never dominated a playoffs. Gasol for many is the main reason the Lakers have made it to three consecutive Finals.

In fact the current Lakers team isn't mentioned as an all time great team because Bryant isn't dominant enough to make the Lakers a force in championship games. The Lakers win because they have way more talent than any team can afford. The Lakers beat teams becuase of their size. I haven't seen Bryant change the game and rise to levels higher than a Hall of Famer in the playoffs. Shaq at one point was so great that he carried the Lakers past two Hall of Fame Centers.

Kobe Bryant didn't really win all 5 of those titles being the unstoppable force. His current team has more talent than any team can afford to match and the first 3peat team was built around Shaq. Kobe is really a highly touted role player who can put up big numbers at the expense of being a one man show.

The Lakers beat a Magic team with an unhealthy Nelson and a Celtic starting line-up without Perkins. Not really that impressive. Because of Shaq Hall of Famers like Iverson, Miller, Kidd, amd Nowitzki may never win titles. Because of Kobe Bryant players like Garnett, Pierce, Allen, and Wallace have won titles.

Derick713
06-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Kobe has great stats. Kobe can make shots no one else can when he's hot. More times than not he is a player that is more a headache becuase of his inability to trust teammates and fuel on court chemistry.

_KB24_
06-18-2010, 10:52 PM
Kobe Bryant isn't an all time great player because he's never dominated a playoffs. Gasol for many is the main reason the Lakers have made it to three consecutive Finals.

In fact the current Lakers team isn't mentioned as an all time great team because Bryant isn't dominant enough to make the Lakers a force in championship games. The Lakers win because they have way more talent than any team can afford. The Lakers beat teams becuase of their size. I haven't seen Bryant change the game and rise to levels higher than a Hall of Famer in the playoffs. Shaq at one point was so great that he carried the Lakers past two Hall of Fame Centers.

Kobe Bryant didn't really win all 5 of those titles being the unstoppable force. His current team has more talent than any team can afford to match and the first 3peat team was built around Shaq. Kobe is really a highly touted role player who can put up big numbers at the expense of being a one man show.

The Lakers beat a Magic team with an unhealthy Nelson and a Celtic starting line-up without Perkins. Not really that impressive. Because of Shaq Hall of Famers like Iverson, Miller, Kidd, amd Nowitzki may never win titles. Because of Kobe Bryant players like Garnett, Pierce, Allen, and Wallace have won titles.

Never dominated a playoffs? How about having an insane stretch from the second round on this year? Or last year, when he joined Jordan and West as the only players to average 32 8 8 in a Finals series?

As for your second part, all I can say is :facepalm: Highly touted role player :laugh2:

Funny how you say that the Lakers beat an "unhealthy Magic and Celtics team" when the only time Kobe has lost a Finals series is when his team itself was missing a vital player due to injuries (Malone in 04 and Bynum in 10). But bringing in injuries as an excuse is pathetic, just like your post.

still1ballin
06-18-2010, 10:56 PM

LoLz

LegendX
06-18-2010, 11:13 PM
So basically I'm the only person in the world that heard Kobe say "I'm just kidding" with laughter after he said "I got 1 more than Shaq" ....? :confused:

Lakersho
06-18-2010, 11:15 PM

..look D roses , just say i ****ing hate him and nothing anyone says is gonna persuade you , all and i mean all players need that extra someone on thier team to put the team from just being real good to THE CHAMPS it takes all of them so give it a rest and just say i hate him and let it the **** go , by the way we're still the champs so make more hate threads its kinda amusing...:eyebrow:

Lakersho
06-18-2010, 11:18 PM
okay Kobe's great and every thing one of the best to ever play the game. No player can win a ring on his own. He needs help. Without Shaq and Gasol Kobe would have no rings. He would still have a hell of a career but no titles. He also had the zen master commanding the ship. Had Allen Iverson had the team Kobe had or even just Shaq then the sixers would have won the 01 finals and maybe more. Iverson had no supporting cast like ever, but he doesn't get the credit he deserves. (and yes im aware that the sixers currently suck)

and if a frog had wings he wouldn't smash his nutts on the ground when he hops...

LegendX
06-18-2010, 11:20 PM
To all you morons and cockheads that say "Kobe couldn't win with Shaq/Gasol" ... I'm sure you are the same people that drool all over Michael Jordan ... I have some important news for you.

Michael Jordan wouldn't have won without his supporting cast.

As the great man said - AND TAKE NOTICE YOU MORONS, LIKE I SAID, ITS IMPORTANT - "Players win games. Teams win Championships."

kingkenny01
06-18-2010, 11:22 PM
cocky *** hole

homestarunner93
06-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Well, considering Kobe rode Shaq's back for his first three, he should be thanking him. Without Shaq, Kobe would have two rings at best.

uprightciti
06-18-2010, 11:42 PM
I hate kobe

lakerboy
06-18-2010, 11:51 PM
So basically I'm the only person in the world that heard Kobe say "I'm just kidding" with laughter after he said "I got 1 more than Shaq" ....? :confused:

Kobe said "I'm just kidding,,.. no i'm not"

jetsforever
06-19-2010, 12:04 AM

Career wise? Or right now :eyebrow:

jojoe1188
06-19-2010, 12:05 AM

agreed, but kobe needed shaq more than shaq needed kobe.

evadatam5150
06-19-2010, 12:26 AM
I really hope Shaq responds back :)

http://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhB55dVu7r813w8672

In all honesty, it's not like Shaq hasn't launched a few salvo's to spark something off.. In fact the last time Shaq lit up Kobe it had nothing to do with nothing.. He just went off because he's Shaq.. It's all part of what they do and who they are.. It's that fuel that makes them both compete, they should be thanking each other really.. ;)

MU and UW Fan
06-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Everyone talks about how Kobe won 3 rings because of Shaq. Maybe Shaq won because of Kobe. It's not like Kobe wasn't doing anything. He was still scoring 20 plus points per game. I bet if Kobe wasn't on those teams Shaq wouldn't have won ****. Same thing when he went to Miami, they won because of D Wade. Maybe Shaq's the one riding off these guards and getting more credit then what he deserves. He simply wouldn't have gotten those rings without Kobe and D Wade.

tkshy
06-19-2010, 12:38 AM
Shaq to the Lakers for the MLE...he can back up Bynum and just keep everything else the way it is. They could 4 or 5 in a row.....LOL

MU and UW Fan
06-19-2010, 12:41 AM
Shaq to the Lakers for the MLE...he can back up Bynum and just keep everything else the way it is. They could 4 or 5 in a row.....LOL

Yeah pretty sure Kobe would never allow it and he would slow down the Lakers game so much. Also Shaq isn't even worth the MLE, more like vets minimum or at the max 3 mil/year

madiaz3
06-19-2010, 01:08 AM

Do you realize how close some of those Spurs and Kings series were? No WAY they would have won with anyone less than Kobe.

Cromedome
06-19-2010, 01:11 AM
Kobe is a joke. He takes WILD shots for 7 straight games and missed more than half...and somehow he wins the title and gets MVP?

madiaz3
06-19-2010, 01:14 AM
When Shaq in 00-01 averages 30.4 points in the playoffs, and Kobe averages 29.4 points in the playoffs. Kobe is NOT riding Shaq's back. There's no way you can argue that except for their first championship. The year after is 26.6ppg vs 28.5 ppg. Get real.

B.JenningsMVP
06-19-2010, 02:09 AM
Do you realize how close some of those Spurs and Kings series were? No WAY they would have won with anyone less than Kobe.

Yes!
And also against Indiana in the Finals, when Shaq fouled out in OT, Kobe took over lol

robdizzle3
06-19-2010, 02:24 AM

The main reason why Kobe said that was to get back at Shaq. I know you all remeber the rap Shaq made about Kobe after the loss to the Celtics and Kobe has never repaid him. That's why he said he never forgets. I dont blame Kobe for saying that. And IMO, Shaq wants to go to LA, because its his best chance of getting a ring and he's being awful friendly to Kobe, but we'll see.

ink
06-19-2010, 02:34 AM
Seriously why waste so much energy fighting about this???? Who cares?? And why?

LkrLand
06-19-2010, 02:36 AM

X2 :clap:

LkrLand
06-19-2010, 02:45 AM

Besides game 7, did you actually watch any game in the Finals? The shots Kobe made were incredible. The only reason people are giving so much props to his role players is because Kobe demanded so much attention from the defense.

ink
06-19-2010, 03:06 AM
Nothing good ever comes from these threads. Closed.