PDA

View Full Version : So is it Trade Season now?

Pierzynski4Prez
06-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Thread title says it all. Since the finals are over, are teams officially allowed to perform trades with one another that involve players that are under contract?

GSW Hoops
06-18-2010, 01:18 PM
The Kings and 76ers just made a trade yesterday, so yes, it's trade season.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah, but i'm pretty sure it can't go through until at least the playoffs are over. I'm just wondering if it can be official like immediately after the game is over.

sintaks12
06-18-2010, 01:29 PM
So what are everyone's thoughts on a big draft night trade? Parker to NY? Bosh S&T to Lakers? I have a feeling something's gonna happen in NY.

Lloyd Christmas
06-18-2010, 01:33 PM
I have a wierd feeling that there will be more trades this year on draft night then usual.

JOSKOMANG4
06-18-2010, 01:34 PM
- I see Bosh joining D-Wade in Miami!

- I see the Nets.. YES THE NETS!.. landing Lebron James and making a trade w/Minnesota to acquire both Al Jefferson & Ricky Rubio!

- I see the Knicks landing former D'Antoni players: Stoudamire & Joe Johnson.

- I see Boozer going to Orlando v/ S&T.

- I see the Nuggets trading for Andre Iguadala

-

Pierzynski4Prez
06-18-2010, 01:51 PM

- I see the Nets.. YES THE NETS!.. landing Lebron James and making a trade w/Minnesota to acquire both Al Jefferson & Ricky Rubio!

-

I see lots and lots of drugs in your life. What do the Nets have to offer to MN to get AJ and Rubio? Will take a lot more than Devin Harris.

IndyRealist
06-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Trades can occur as soon as the involved teams are out of the playoffs, so now every team can participate in trades. Players offically become free agents July 1.

The Jokemaker
06-18-2010, 01:59 PM
I certainly hope this means trades and this offseason will finally get underway. Get all of it done that way the speculation can finally end.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-18-2010, 02:12 PM
I see lots and lots of drugs in your life. What do the Nets have to offer to MN to get AJ and Rubio? Will take a lot more than Devin Harris.

there's no chance that wolves let rubio go

people are dumb in PSD

shep33
06-18-2010, 02:18 PM
I think there's gonna be a lot of movement too, but maybe not so much big players traded until the free agency signings begin.

Ware_Spencer
06-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Everyone wants to play with Lebron. He will be the deciding factor on every big free agent.

Put yourself in Lebrons shoes.......If you look at the Cavs roster do they have enough cap flexibility to bring in a superstar next to Lebron? No
Do they have enough young pieces to trade for a superstar. even a sign and trade no.... Can the Cavs even trade away Mo Williams or Jamison for a superstar. No to all of these questions. The Cavs are stuck with the roster they have. And Lebron would have to be a moron to stay. Who cares about loyalty. Lebron has done his part in playing well. The team has a loyalty to bring him a championship team. If they fail which they have. And if they can't make changes why would he stay?

Lebron goes to Knicks
Wade stays in Miami
Bosh will probably team up with Lebron in New York
Amare Stoudemire will probably go play with Wade.

Amare and Bosh can switch place also.

Boozer will probably go to the Wizards or the Nets. But the Nets might not want to sign Boozer if they draft Favors. Would stop his development.

I think the Chicago Bulls are over valued in the free agency. Lou Deng can't hit the 3. Same with Rose. That is what Wade & Lebron need so they have slashing room. With Rose and Deng it limits there ability. They have some good talent but they don't complement each other well.

Joe Johnson would fit best in Chicago because he can hit the 3 point shot and also take pressure off of Rose. Johnson plays a along the 3 point line and would open things up for Rose more.

Boozer could do a sign and trade to Magic. But no way the Jazz take back Carter or Lewis's horrible contracts. So they might need a 3rd or 4th team involved.
Jazz probably only like Gortat, Bass, Redick(free agent) and Petrius. And I don't see the Magic having a starting lineup of.....
Nelson
Carter
Lewis
Boozer
Dwight
A lot of UNEDUCATED fans would like this lineup. Or guys who play NB2K and live in imaginary land. But they would be the worse defensive team in the league. Boozer, Lewis and Carter all can't play defense. Any guy can blow past these guys.
Boozer will be very limited in his options
Nets
Wizards
maybe the Bulls if Joe Johnson resigns with Atlanta. I personally don't think Joe Johnson has any loyalty to the Hawks.

saintdrew
06-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Well I actually have a realistic trade proposal for you guys.

The 76ers would trade -
Andre Iguodala
Willie Green

The Hornets would trade -
Peja Stojakvoic
Julian Wright

Very hypothetical but if the Sixers draft Evan Turner I can see them going in this direction. They get a expiring contract with Peja, and a young player with a ton of potential in Julian Wright.

Ware_Spencer
06-18-2010, 02:40 PM

The 76ers would trade -
Andre Iguodala
Willie Green

Peja Stojakvoic
Julian Wright

Very hypothetical but if the Sixers draft Evan Turner I can see them going in this direction. They get a expiring contract with Peja, and a young player with a ton of potential in Julian Wright.

The Jazz have a better option in AK47. He is better than Peja and younger. They also have more draft picks to trade and better young players.

But I personally don't think the Sixers are going to give away Iggy for nothing. They will accept a late lottery pick though.

saintdrew
06-18-2010, 02:41 PM
The Jazz have a better option in AK47. He is better than Peja and younger. They also have more draft picks to trade and better young players.

Well if we offered the 76ers our 11th pick in the draft then I think they would do it.

Ware_Spencer
06-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Well if we offered the 76ers our 11th pick in the draft then I think they would do it.

I think they would too. Low lottery pick with a young talent and a expiring pick will do the trick in my opinion.

I think Evan Turner and Iggy are a bad combination. Neither can hit the 3 point shot. And there Point Guards can't either. This has been there problem for years.

saintdrew
06-18-2010, 02:57 PM
I think they would too. Low lottery pick with a young talent and a expiring pick will do the trick in my opinion.

I think Evan Turner and Iggy are a bad combination. Neither can hit the 3 point shot. And there Point Guards can't either. This has been there problem for years.

Yeah they really like that Jrue Holiday kid. But the Andre Iguodala experiment never worked IMO. And plus, the Hornets roster has built improperly over the past 3 years so I really don't know much a draft pick would help us anyway. Maybe if we can acquire one of their 2nd round picks in the future.

Dieselpi
06-18-2010, 02:57 PM

-

a three way trade on draft night?
do you know how improbable that is? lol

a three way trade is hard enough as is but when its on draft night where other teams are pounding the phones and the clock is running.

Ware_Spencer
06-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Yeah they really like that Jrue Holiday kid. But the Andre Iguodala experiment never worked IMO. And plus, the Hornets roster has built improperly over the past 3 years so I really don't know much a draft pick would help us anyway. Maybe if we can acquire one of their 2nd round picks in the future.

Ya i like Holiday also. I also like Turner. I think Iggy is overpaid. I think they need player who can play the SF or SG spot (Role player) who can hit the 3 and play solid man to man defense.

But Doug Collins loves Iggy so they might not even trade him unless its for a way good deal.
Doug Collins also loves AK. When he would do the commentary on the Jazz games he would talk him up the whole time. So who knows. I think the Sixers will want an expiring contract who can still play. Peja can't play anymore.

blah-blah
06-18-2010, 03:14 PM
im excited for some trades

Silent
06-18-2010, 03:20 PM

-

Honestly what the hell are u on :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

CaptainStu5
06-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Ya i like Holiday also. I also like Turner. I think Iggy is overpaid. I think they need player who can play the SF or SG spot (Role player) who can hit the 3 and play solid man to man defense.

But Doug Collins loves Iggy so they might not even trade him unless its for a way good deal.
Doug Collins also loves AK. When he would do the commentary on the Jazz games he would talk him up the whole time. So who knows. I think the Sixers will want an expiring contract who can still play. Peja can't play anymore.

IF the Sixers would trade away Iggy they'd probably want an expiring and a lottery pick. Iggy for Ak and 9th? or Iggy for Peja and 11th? I think that's fair.
Iggy for Peja or Ak straight up wouldn't get it done.

Malz28
06-18-2010, 03:26 PM

The 76ers would trade -
Andre Iguodala
Willie Green

Peja Stojakvoic
Julian Wright

As a Sixers fan that will NEVER happen. Not even a fair trade.

The Jokemaker
06-18-2010, 03:27 PM
a three way trade on draft night?
do you know how improbable that is? lol

a three way trade is hard enough as is but when its on draft night where other teams are pounding the phones and the clock is running.

where in his post did it ever mention a three way trade?

Malz28
06-18-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't believe the Sixers will trade Iguodala unless it's to get a lottery pick or a sign and trade/package for someone like Amare Stoudamire or Carmelo Anthony. They do not want players who cannot contibute now or in 2-3 years. Expiring contracts would be great if this was last summer, but their aren't going to be free agents like this summer. They realized that when they traded Sammy Dalembert's expiring contract.

Sixerlover
06-18-2010, 03:40 PM

The 76ers would trade -
Andre Iguodala
Willie Green

Peja Stojakvoic
Julian Wright

It's been reported that the Sixers aren't interested in trading Iguodala unless a pick in the 4-7 range is the return. If not they want to see how Holiday - Turner - Iggy mesh on the court first. If you want a SF from Philly, Thad Young is your guy

Malz28
06-18-2010, 03:42 PM
It's been reported that the Sixers aren't interested in trading Iguodala unless a pick in the 4-7 range is the return. If not they want to see how Holiday - Turner - Iggy mesh on the court first. If you want a SF from Philly, Thad Young is your guy

Exactly!

abe_froman
06-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Thread title says it all. Since the finals are over, are teams officially allowed to perform trades with one another that involve players that are under contract?

most teams have been allowed to trade for moths now

being fans of the nba i didnt think you guys wouldnt be so lost on the subject.here: once a teams season ends,they are allowed to make trades;teams like warriors,knicks and every team that didnt make the playoffs could start trading the moment the regular season ended;knocked out in the first round? that team can trade the night they were knocked out...the only one's who couldnt until today were the lakers and celtics

Ware_Spencer
06-18-2010, 04:09 PM
IF the Sixers would trade away Iggy they'd probably want an expiring and a lottery pick. Iggy for Ak and 9th? or Iggy for Peja and 11th? I think that's fair.
Iggy for Peja or Ak straight up wouldn't get it done.

Agreed. I said the same thing earlier if you checked my other post.

Iggy is overpaid but not a bad player. I personally think he is a very very good role player. Or a star. But not anywhere near a superstar.

saintdrew
06-18-2010, 04:18 PM

Damn really? You guys hold Iguodala in high regard then.

Here was my thinking. Since you guys will most likely draft Evan Turner, I felt like acquiring Peja + 11th pick would assure you guys another player to draft (probably a big man) and you would get Pejas expiring $15 mil and use that for next seasons free agency. And with the team going younger and in a new direction it seems like that route would make sense. Plus, Turner could probably learn some things from Peja. Like a mentor role. I don't know if Iguodala wants to be mentoring Turner, the "Andre Iguodala Experiment" hasn't worked.

I don't know, that was my thought process, obviously I was incorrect.

Ware_Spencer
06-18-2010, 04:34 PM

Here was my thinking. Since you guys will most likely draft Evan Turner, I felt like acquiring Peja + 11th pick would assure you guys another player to draft (probably a big man) and you would get Pejas expiring $15 mil and use that for next seasons free agency. And with the team going younger and in a new direction it seems like that route would make sense. Plus, Turner could probably learn some things from Peja. Like a mentor role. I don't know if Iguodala wants to be mentoring Turner, the "Andre Iguodala Experiment" hasn't worked.

I think the Sixers should keep Turner but give away Iggy for expiring contracts as as long as they take Brand along with Iggy.
Sixers should rebuild and they won't have the flexibility to do that with Brand on board. Iggy and Turner have very very Similar games. They will hurt each other.
Sixers should follow the Thunder platform. And get young players and play them soon to get the experience. Develop core young players.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=26c2g59

Okur is coming off a bad injury but Brand's contract is horrible. And Iggy is overpaid. I think it is too steep to ask for Utah's 9th pick since they are taking on Brand's contract. But I think the Sixers do deserve a draft pick. Most likely Memphis Grizzlies 1st round draft pick in 2011.

Just an option. I know Sixers fans love Iggy but taking on Brand's contract is hard for any team to do. I would like to know what NON Sixers fans think of this because dumping overpaid players is never popular to somebodies own team.

IndyFan
06-18-2010, 06:00 PM

yes, trades may be made with players that will not be free agents this summer. this is to keep teams from trading expiring contracts that expire in two weeks.

:laugh2:

yojoe792
06-18-2010, 06:13 PM

The 76ers would trade -
Andre Iguodala
Willie Green

Peja Stojakvoic
Julian Wright

Incredibly one sided.

Since when are the Hornets assuming a massive amount of money? There were talks about them trading Chris Paul, not happening.

Method28
06-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Incredibly one sided.

Since when are the Hornets assuming a massive amount of money? There were talks about them trading Chris Paul, not happening.

They wouldnt be. Peja has a 15 million dollar (i believe) expiring contract.
I personally dont want Iggy. Dude cant shoot. Id love a tough underneath guy and a deadly outside shooter for N.O.

rapsallday
06-18-2010, 07:30 PM

The 76ers would trade -
Andre Iguodala
Willie Green

Peja Stojakvoic
Julian Wright

Stupidity!!!!

BYBLOS88
06-18-2010, 07:35 PM
i have a feeling theres gonna be a lot of moves cause every team is thinking we need a l lot of pieces to beat the lakers

Pauleboman
06-18-2010, 10:20 PM
i have a feeling theres gonna be a lot of moves cause every team is thinking we need a l lot of pieces to beat the lakers

Your right...Congratulations

mia305king
06-18-2010, 10:50 PM

Oh. wow, I never thought of that.

Sixerlover
06-18-2010, 11:48 PM

It seems to be a common misconception all over the Internet, but here are a couple answers to the theory.

#1. Yes E.Turner will be a Sixer, but they think that him and Iggy will be able to play well next to each other
#2. The "Andre Iguodala" experiment hasn't failed, you just know what your getting around 17-5-5 with quality defense, but not the main guy on a team.
#3. Even with Peja's expiring we'd still be over the cap come 2011 FA, so that's irrelevant.
#4. They're more looking to trade Thad for a big man in that 11-15 range

But it's cool I end up typing this stuff about 10 times a day to 10 different fans of 10 different teams :D

Sixerlover
06-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Incredibly one sided.

FARRRR from one sided. Iguodala is easily the best player in the deal, and Jullian Wright is no improvement from Thad Young. He makes 11 mil next year. Does that even put him in the top 30 contracts in the league for 2011? Would you say he is arguably a top 30 player?

Have to get your opinion before I continue arguing.

jtrinaldi
06-19-2010, 12:25 AM
fear the deer

B.JenningsMVP
06-19-2010, 02:10 AM
This off-season's gonna be crazy haha

bigsams50
06-19-2010, 02:33 AM
When can FA's officially begin talking to teams?

abe_froman
06-19-2010, 02:38 AM

july 1

cubs0707
06-19-2010, 02:38 AM
july 1st

bigsams50
06-19-2010, 02:41 AM
^ ^^ Thx guys

UnWantedTheory
06-19-2010, 03:00 AM

It has been pretty evident that the Hornets have been trying to shed $$$ as well, so I dont see them going after other expensive players.

UnWantedTheory
06-19-2010, 03:03 AM
I think the Sixers should keep Turner but give away Iggy for expiring contracts as as long as they take Brand along with Iggy.
Sixers should rebuild and they won't have the flexibility to do that with Brand on board. Iggy and Turner have very very Similar games. They will hurt each other.
Sixers should follow the Thunder platform. And get young players and play them soon to get the experience. Develop core young players.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=26c2g59

Okur is coming off a bad injury but Brand's contract is horrible. And Iggy is overpaid. I think it is too steep to ask for Utah's 9th pick since they are taking on Brand's contract. But I think the Sixers do deserve a draft pick. Most likely Memphis Grizzlies 1st round draft pick in 2011.

Just an option. I know Sixers fans love Iggy but taking on Brand's contract is hard for any team to do. I would like to know what NON Sixers fans think of this because dumping overpaid players is never popular to somebodies own team.

What team could or want to take on both Iggy and Brands contracts? That doesnt seem very possible.

UnWantedTheory
06-19-2010, 03:06 AM
They wouldnt be. Peja has a 15 million dollar (i believe) expiring contract.
I personally dont want Iggy. Dude cant shoot. Id love a tough underneath guy and a deadly outside shooter for N.O.

So a 15 mil expiring in exchange for a longer contract that belongs to an arguably overpaid player? Maybe I didnt understand, but that doesnt seem to work in NO favor.