PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant - Future GM or Future Owner

fadedmario
06-18-2010, 12:54 PM
When his playing days are over, what do you think he'll do? Do you think he will walk away from the game completely? I didn't list coaching because in my opinion I think he will choose ownership or team President. He is a student of the game and has the same competitive drive Michael Jordan has. From what I've read about his finances, he is very good with money. That could lead to a potential ownership, Possibly even majority ownership like Michael Jordan. Do you see him getting his feet wet first with a GM role or coaching? In my opinion he will take the same route as Jordan without the coaching, become a GM for a few years and then look into buying a team (Possibly the Lakers or Philadelphia). What if a front office job brings him back to his Philadelphia roots? Have some fun with this, don't slam anyone for their ideas. I started this thread because in my opinion, he will be a NBA lifer. And there is nothing wrong with that. He is the 2nd greatest player of all-time in my opinion only behind Michael and I will follow his career even after his playing days are over just like I've followed Michael Jordan's. The last question is for the people on here that think he will be a team president. Do you think he will be successful at it? The book is still open on Michael Jordan run with the Bobcats as President, the Bobcats team that he built seems to be making strides and they were built in my opinion with questionable drafts and questionable trades (now he's a owner). I predict the Buss family keeps a stranglehold on the Lakers and Kobe looks into a job of some sort (GM or partial owner) with Philadelphia (which isn't bad for Laker fans because Buss is the best owner in the NBA hands down). Maybe Kobe does eventually become President of basketball operations for the Lakers. Who knows. I know he holds a soft spot the 76ers. Kobe seems much smarter than Lebron James (Bron is still young) and I know Lebron wants to take this route when he is done playing. Will Kobe be around the NBA in the future with any of these roles mentioned?

Hellcrooner
06-18-2010, 12:56 PM
First he has o end his nba career.

And posibly his Over seas carer ( he has always stated he woudl wnt to play a seaosn in italy wher he grew up) and i woulndt b e the litlest beat stranged if he joined pau in a last year Barcelona Experince.

Then time will tell bu rmember he wanted Bynum traded for Kidd.......i think he can be another MJ like Gm....

rhymeratic
06-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Owner, he already owned the Italian team Danillo Gallinari played on. He'll own a franchise when he's done.

still1ballin
06-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Way too early

shep33
06-18-2010, 01:01 PM
I really don't think so, I don't think he has any interest besides playing. Jordan was a business man as well, heck he had his own empire, and I dunno I don't see him as an owner, which is fine.

Derek Fisher could be a coach. Haha if you've watched laker games, Fisher and Kobe are like assistant coaches on that team anyways, but Fish is gonna be a GM or Coach or something.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Probably Owner. Or whatever Magic Johnson does.

RipVW
06-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Does Kobe make the kind of money Jordan made? Or are you talking about Jerry Buss selling him a 1% share in the team or something.

gilly
06-18-2010, 01:20 PM
I hope he comes and plays in the Euroleague for Barcelona (his favourite soccer team) or Milan. And whilst the city of Philadelphia would probably object, I wouldn't mind seeing him move to the Sixers FO.