PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol's resume now, is he Hall of Fame bound? Yes or No?

JJ_JKidd
06-18-2010, 02:40 AM
Is Gasol not soft anymore after this win with the C's?

hugepatsfan
06-18-2010, 02:41 AM
He's finese, just like he always was. Soft is a mentality, not a physical trait.

JNA17
06-18-2010, 02:44 AM
if pau gasol is soft, then that soft *** ***** just helped the lakers win two straight titles, so yeah i'll take his soft *** if that means winning that shiny trophy :cool:

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 02:47 AM
Kevin Garsoft.... 2 rings to 1..

whitemamba33
06-18-2010, 02:51 AM
...who cares?

There is no "official" hard or soft rating. People have different opinions. If someone thinks he's soft, what are you going to say? "NO, actually he is officially NOT soft!"...come on man. Form an opinion of your own.

Hellcrooner
06-18-2010, 02:53 AM
People went on calling him soft after shtting down howard in 09.

they went on calling him soft this season after bettering his reboudning average from 9,8 his best previous season to almst 13 a game this season.

So no, hater will still hate and fall hard on him the first time he has a bad game like in game 5.

Curious the media that bashed him hard after that game went completly silent and overlooked his almsot TD in game 6 and guess wont credit much his 7th game neither.

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 02:53 AM
yes, he's still soft just like the rest of the Faker team. a bunch of pansies flailing away all game long like they got hit with a bat even with the slightest touch.

Kevin Garbage is done!!!!!!!!

hugepatsfan
06-18-2010, 02:56 AM

Scottie Pippen over Magic Johnson 6 rings to 5. See, I can pull **** out of my *** too. For their careers, KG>>>>>>>>Pau. And that's the truth. Pau is a very good player and maybe even a HOFer when it's all said and done. But KG is an all-time great at the PF spot.

Korman12
06-18-2010, 02:59 AM
No. One of the best power forwards in the game, bar none.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2010, 03:01 AM
i think he's drunk ignore him

He must be hammered all the time then. Because he has been posting nonsense all series. After every LA win he goes in the game thread and talks ****. But he's no where after a BOS win.

robdizzle3
06-18-2010, 03:02 AM
Scottie Pippen over Magic Johnson 6 rings to 5. See, I can pull **** out of my *** too. For their careers, KG>>>>>>>>Pau. And that's the truth. Pau is a very good player and maybe even a HOFer when it's all said and done. But KG is an all-time great at the PF spot.

As much as I hate Garnett, I have to agree here.

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 03:05 AM

Pau's career is not over, he just got in his prime, KG is done...

nr19
06-18-2010, 03:05 AM
AHHHHHHHHH.

Arms flailing in the air AHHHHHHH. Yeah he's real tough lol.

He's very skilled and very good but annoying and such a huge b****. Easily one of the most annoying athletes in the world imo. Between the yelling, arm flailing all over, and the annoying free throw reactions he's just a pain to watch. I really want to see him get a major elbow right to the teeth.

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 03:06 AM
He must be hammered all the time then. Because he has been posting nonsense all series. After every LA win he goes in the game thread and talks ****. But he's no where after a BOS win.

They didn't win tonight, that is all that matters.

rhino17
06-18-2010, 03:13 AM
He is still soft, his mentality did not change with a single game. He is still a finesse player who *****es a lot

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 03:14 AM
He is still soft, his mentality did not change with a single game. He is still a finesse player who *****es a lot

Like Yao, But Gasol can finish a season...

xbrackattackx
06-18-2010, 03:15 AM
He never was, He has a strong mentality and he is all finesse and smoothness.

rhino17
06-18-2010, 03:16 AM
Like Yao, But Gasol can finish a season...

Yao is relatively soft, but still more physical than Pau

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 03:19 AM
Yao is relatively soft, but still more physical than Pau

But he still cant finish a season, so he is softer than Pau. Yao didn't finish the last 2 years< Pau got rings the last 2 years. Ill tak Pau soft over Yao soft any year. Good luck with Yao next year, Ill stick with soft 2 ring Pau..

rhino17
06-18-2010, 03:23 AM
But he still cant finish a season, so he is softer than Pau. Yao didn't finish the last 2 years< Pau got rings the last 2 years. Ill tak Pau soft over Yao soft any year. Good luck with Yao next year, Ill stick with soft 2 ring Pau..

What does that have to do with being soft? That has to do with health, they are completely separate issues. Soft is a mentality/style of play, Pau is still soft and you are still a douchebag

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 03:24 AM
What does that have to do with being soft? That has to do with health, they are completely separate issues. Soft is a mentality/style of play, Pau is still soft and you are still a douchebag

Lol,Good luck with the foot.

Hellcrooner
06-18-2010, 03:26 AM
yeah he showed hoew fragile and soft of a mind he has tonight,

after having an horrible first three quarters have the balls to tunr it up and kill the dragon.

rhino17
06-18-2010, 03:27 AM
Lol,Good luck with the foot.

What is up your ***? Are you just ******** or are you a ***? Why are you even bringing Yao into the conversation? The fact remains that Pau is a soft player, he plays a finesse game, he does not play a physical beat down game, it's not who he is

JNA17
06-18-2010, 03:29 AM

quote for the truth, as much as i hate KG.

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 03:30 AM
What is up your ***? Are you just ******** or are you a ***? Why are you even bringing Yao into the conversation? The fact remains that Pau is a soft player

With 2 rings. Soft or not, he has 2 rings, so it is a moot point. Good luck with the big soft 7'6" man with a new injury every year... Atleast soft injury prone Bynum played through his. Don't forget about the Kevin Martin gut who is hurt every year and is the sofrest 2 guard in the NBA...

hugepatsfan
06-18-2010, 03:31 AM
quote for the truth, as much as i hate KG.

Terrible feeling, huh. Like for me to say that Ron Artest in game 7 played g.. gre... greaaaaaaa... great. lol

rhino17
06-18-2010, 03:33 AM
With 2 rings. Soft or not, he has 2 rings, so it is a moot point. Good luck with the big soft 7'6" man with a new injury every year... Atleast soft injury prone Bynum played through his. Don't forget about the Kevin Martin gut who is hurt every year and is the sofrest 2 guard in the NBA...

Ok, so you are just ********....oh and you are baiting, consider your posts reported. No need to bring up the Rockets, no one mentioned them. As for Martin, how can you draw the most fouls per minute in the NBA and be soft? Winning has nothing to do with being soft or not, Pau is soft still

Hellcrooner
06-18-2010, 03:35 AM
well

every cultured nba fan with knowledge has Kevin Mchale in the top 5 Pf ever list alongisde Duncan, Barkely, Karl Malon and Kg.

guess what, Mchale never awas the man in any team so he never lead any team to playoffs.

He has 3 rings.

1 to go , seems feasable.

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 03:35 AM
Ok, so you are just ********....oh and you are baiting, consider your posts reported. No need to bring up the Rockets, no one mentioned them. As for Martin, how can you draw the most fouls per minute in the NBA and be soft? Winning has nothing to do with being soft or not, Pau is soft still

I think saying Pau is soft is baiting, so i also reported you. Good luck with the foot..

rhino17
06-18-2010, 03:36 AM
I think saying Pau is soft is baiting, so i also reported you. Good luck with the foot..

It's not baiting when the title of the thread poses the question, bringing up unrelated topics is baiting

PLAYERS FAN
06-18-2010, 03:38 AM
I will not call him the softest all-star of all-time no more! Props to Gasol!

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 03:43 AM
He's a solid PF, but this guy is MONSTROUS flopper. Anyone that denies that is being a homer or ignoring the truth. He flops A LOT. He's a solid player otherwise.

Impulse
06-18-2010, 03:45 AM
He tends to overreact when he's exposed to any sort of contact. Smart, I suppose, but it gets annoying to watch.

As for being soft, well, Wallace certainly made him look like it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nvtPGwpNoY

Not to take anything away from Gasol. He's got amazing skills for a big and is one of the best PFs in the league.

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 03:50 AM
He's a solid PF, but this guy is MONSTROUS flopper. Anyone that denies that is being a homer or ignoring the truth. He flops A LOT. He's a solid player otherwise.

He doesn'tflop anymore than Pirece:speechless:

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 03:52 AM
He doesn'tflop anymore than Pirece:speechless:
1) Ya crazy? Pierce flops but my god Gasol is unbelievable.
2) Gasol is a PF. It's so weak to see a PF flop the way he does.
3) This isn't even about Pierce.

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 03:55 AM

Lol,don't get mad. Pierce got exposed as a soft player this series< the Lakers 5th option outscored any player on teh Celtics today and that was the guy the punked Pierce today. Pierce falls allover the place, even on O.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 03:57 AM
Lol,don't get mad. Pierce got exposed as a soft player this series< the Lakers 5th option outscored any player on teh Celtics today and that was the guy the punked Pierce today. Pierce falls allover the place, even on O.
Okay, so, the way to back up that Pau Gasol isn't a flopper is to then change the subject and talk about someone else?

That makes sense. So, because you're talking about Pierce, I'm going to change the subject and just refer you to the time that Artest pantsed Pierce and then got a three drained in his face.

Makes sense to just change the story, eh?

jbeezy
06-18-2010, 03:57 AM
Ill take Gasol whatever people call him. Fact of the matter is he is clutch.

PLAYERS FAN
06-18-2010, 03:58 AM

:laugh2:True!

rhino17
06-18-2010, 03:59 AM
Okay, so, the way to back up that Pau Gasol isn't a flopper is to then change the subject and talk about someone else?

That makes sense. So, because you're talking about Pierce, I'm going to change the subject and just refer you to the time that Artest pantsed Pierce and then got a three drained in his face.

he did the same thing with yao, the guy is pathetic

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 04:00 AM
Yeah, I'm not a very big Artest fan. I really, really dislike that guy. The whole thing probably stems from the going into the crowd incident.

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 04:00 AM

Or I can just make a thread of how Pierce is a flopper and the 7th or 8th best SF in the NBA and how he gotoutplayed by Ron Artest in game 7 of the Finals...

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 04:01 AM

Good luck with the foot..

rhino17
06-18-2010, 04:03 AM
Yeah, I'm not a very big Artest fan. I really, really dislike that guy. The whole thing probably stems from the going into the crowd incident.
I was actually referring to the poster changing topics to work around the question at hand. I loved Ron Ron as a rocket, he was hilarious :)

hugepatsfan
06-18-2010, 04:03 AM
Good luck with the foot..

Good luck with yours, seeing as how you keep shoving it in your mouth.

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 04:04 AM
Good luck with yours, seeing as how you keep shoving it in your mouth.

Queensbridge!!

hugepatsfan
06-18-2010, 04:04 AM
Or I can just make a thread of how Pierce is a flopper and the 7th or 8th best SF in the NBA and how he gotoutplayed by Ron Artest in game 7 of the Finals...

And Pierce outplayed Kobe in the 2008 NBA finals. So I guess Artest>Pierce>Kobe.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 04:05 AM
And Pierce outplayed Kobe in the 2008 NBA finals. So I guess Artest>Pierce>Kobe.
LOL. Exactly. I love when people use stupid sample sizes to down play (or overplay...if you want to call it that) a game or a player. Funny stuff.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 04:07 AM
Again....

I responded to this thread with NOTHING but Pau Gasol being a PF who flops more than virtually anyone in the league.

And your best way to argue that, is to tell me that a player on my team is a flopper. Do you see any reason in that, that says "Pau ISN'T a flopper"? Do you? To debunk how Pau is a flopper is to trash another player? There is no sense in that.

Paul Pierce has had a fantastic career. The numbers speak for itself. If you want to trash talk the guy, his career is coming to an end - He's finishing up. So, your point is moot.

Good job trying to work your way out of Pau not being a flopper. Virtually anyone knows the guy is.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 04:09 AM
LMFAO. Do you have any understanding of what you're saying?

No one is talking soft injury wise. Yao got INJURED. The poor guy got INJURED...It's not like he got a hang nail and hung the shoes up. LOL. This is hilarious stuff from you..Not sure if you're legit or not. But my god, what an ungracious winner.

Soft as in..ON FIELD ABILITY. And I'm not going to bother commenting on Yao's ON FIELD PLAY, but I can say emphatically that yes, OBVIOUSLY Gasol is a soft player. Talking about him being a flopper, that's talking about being soft. Talking about injuries? No. That's a somewhat separate issue, unless you're talking about a guy not playing for the babiest reasons.

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 04:10 AM
Again....

I responded to this thread with NOTHING but Pau Gasol being a PF who flops more than virtually anyone in the league.

And your best way to argue that, is to tell me that a player on my team is a flopper. Do you see any reason in that, that says "Pau ISN'T a flopper"? Do you? To debunk how Pau is a flopper is to trash another player? There is no sense in that.

Paul Pierce has had a fantastic career. The numbers speak for itself. If you want to trash talk the guy, his career is coming to an end - He's finishing up. So, your point is moot.

Good job trying to work your way out of Pau not being a flopper. Virtually anyone knows the guy is.

The numbers are not that great, no better than Vince or T Mac.

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 04:12 AM
LMFAO. Do you have any understanding of what you're saying?

No one is talking soft injury wise. Yao got INJURED. The poor guy got INJURED...It's not like he got a hang nail and hung the shoes up. LOL. This is hilarious stuff from you..Not sure if you're legit or not. But my god, what an ungracious winner.

Soft as in..ON FIELD ABILITY. And I'm not going to bother commenting on Yao's ON FIELD PLAY, but I can say emphatically that yes, OBVIOUSLY Gasol is a soft player. Talking about him being a flopper, that's talking about being soft. Talking about injuries? No. That's a somewhat separate issue, unless you're talking about a guy not playing for the babiest reasons.

Lol, sure, they play on a field, get out of here...

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 04:12 AM
It's kind of sad when someone is destined to so badly get the attention off of a flopper, he must ONLY discuss another player..

As long as many other fans see what I see, then I know that I'm not crazy, and I know that some Lakers fans just refuse to admit the truth.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 04:13 AM
Lol, sure, they play on a field, get out of here...
:laugh:

Yeah...Keep making yourself look good man. Anyone reading this is probably lauhging at you. You look so weak right now.

To sum it up, to respond to the Pau Gasol is a flopper:

1) Pierce is a flopper.
2) McGrady is as good.
3) Vince is as good.
4) They don't play on a field.

I feel sorry for some people.

jbeezy
06-18-2010, 04:15 AM
Garnett is pretty soft too. Ouch 3 rebounds in game 7 :ouch: Talk about soft.

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 04:16 AM

Yeah...Keep making yourself look good man. Anyone reading this is probably lauhging at you. You look so weak right now.

To sum it up, to respond to the Pau Gasol is a flopper:

1) Pierce is a flopper.
2) McGrady is as good.
3) Vince is as good.
4) They don't play on a field.

I feel sorry for some people.

T Mac and Vince put up years that Pierce can't come close to.He got KG and Ray and got one ring, and he sucked in the Finals this year.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 04:18 AM
T Mac and Vince put up years that Pierce can't come close to.He got KG and Ray and got one ring, and he sucked in the Finals this year.
Oh, really?

I wasn't aware this was a Pierce thread. I guess we should keep discussing that?

Take the heat off of Pau Gasol - The biggest flopper in the NBA. It's not like it's a secret. Anyone that has watched the crybaby play more than once can see the trend - He flops on EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. He's an actor. It's unbelievable. Glad others see it.

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 04:20 AM
Oh, really?

I wasn't aware this was a Pierce thread. I guess we should keep discussing that?

Take the heat off of Pau Gasol - The biggest flopper in the NBA. It's not like it's a secret. Anyone that has watched the crybaby play more than once can see the trend - He flops on EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. He's an actor. It's unbelievable. Glad others see it.

Flopper with 2 rings and still going. Not a 1 hit wonder flopper. Good luck with the rebuild, I know it took 15 years last time..

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 04:22 AM
Flopper with 2 rings and still going. Not a 1 hit wonder flopper. Good luck with the rebuild, I know it took 15 years last time..
Have I ever discredited Gasol? It's not you've got a vendetta (And OMG at you actually replying to a Gasol comment, I'm shocked you didn't ignore it! Big boy you are). I even said Gasol is a solid player, or whatever I said in my first post. He's a flopper though, obviously. No denying that. You act like you need to jump on it and cry about it; It's the truth. I know Pierce flops a lot. Gasol does it too.

Get over it. It's like you have to try and rub HIS (not something you've won, but HIS) rings in other peoples faces to let them know how good he is. No one here thinks he sucks, but many agree he flops.

ldc62
06-18-2010, 04:23 AM
Who cares.... 2 rings baby!

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 04:24 AM
Have I ever discredited Gasol? It's not you've got a vendetta (And OMG at you actually replying to a Gasol comment, I'm shocked you didn't ignore it! Big boy you are). I even said Gasol is a solid player, or whatever I said in my first post. He's a flopper though, obviously. No denying that. You act like you need to jump on it and cry about it; It's the truth. I know Pierce flops a lot. Gasol does it too.

Get over it. It's like you have to try and rub HIS (not something you've won, but HIS) rings in other peoples faces to let them know how good he is. No one here thinks he sucks, but many agree he flops.

Good luck with the rebuild..

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 04:25 AM
Wow, only three boards? That's insane. Very un-KG like.

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 04:26 AM

KG is about a role player now..

_KB24_
06-18-2010, 04:27 AM
Winning the ring doesn't make him tougher. He still has a vagina, sorry. He honestly needs to grow a set of balls and learn to play physical.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 04:29 AM
Winning the ring doesn't make him tougher. He still has a vagina, sorry. He honestly needs to grow a set of balls and learn to play physical.

Probably true. But, the way the NBA is designed nowadays, it favors floppers like Pau. Physical play is so much more fun. It sucks, nowadays. The NBA of old was way better.

_KB24_
06-18-2010, 04:33 AM

Probably true. But, the way the NBA is designed nowadays, it favors floppers like Pau. Physical play is so much more fun. It sucks, nowadays. The NBA of old was way better.

Hey, if the NBA lets the amount of physicality of this Game 7 be consistent in your years to come, we'll be fine. But I can bet that the exact opposite will happen :(

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 04:45 AM
Hey, if the NBA lets the amount of physicality of this Game 7 be consistent in your years to come, we'll be fine. But I can bet that the exact opposite will happen :(
Agreed; And it sucks. I don't really get why the NBA wants the FT's. Maybe they REALLY do control outcomes of games, I don't know. Whatever the reason, the average person would obviously much rather see physicality than BS, wimpy calls.

boriquaabe
06-18-2010, 04:46 AM

We need to seriously find Vlade Divac and pimp slap him for starting this. And then Reggie Miller and Manu Ginobilli. Definitely the worst aspect to the game today. So much so that had to draw a line and make a rule that you have to be outside of this line to draw a charge. While we're at it let's also do away with the three point line. Think about all of the changes the game has made in the past 25 years. It seems only baseball has been spared going under the knife.

But Pau flops on every shot attempt. No doubt. He is what he is. He will never be a physically imposing player.

I was really pulling hard for KG. I love that guy. The guy was a god in Minny. But as soon as he got on a winning team everyone started to hate on him.

And the dude saying the Celts are going to rebuild. Think again. Rondo and Big baby are just kids. They have a good draft pick I think 19 in a stacked draft. Ray Allen and Pierce still have a couple of good years left. And KG is a humble guy and will have no problem taking a reduced role. I say they take Gordon Hayward with their pick to play high minutes at the wing or a Center like Whiteside. Then use their MLE on maybe another big body like F. Oberto a real unselfish team guy. And they'll be fine.

UnWantedTheory
06-18-2010, 04:54 AM
Yes he is soft...BUT, he is skilled enough to overcome it at times. He is a great player, but yes he is soft. Although I do believe he is slightly overrated, I will take a soft Pau and Kobe all day every day. Tis' what it is.

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 04:55 AM
We need to seriously find Vlade Divac and pimp slap him for starting this. And then Reggie Miller and Manu Ginobilli. Definitely the worst aspect to the game today. So much so that had to draw a line and make a rule that you have to be outside of this line to draw a charge. While we're at it let's also do away with the three point line. Think about all of the changes the game has made in the past 25 years. It seems only baseball has been spared going under the knife.

But Pau flops on every shot attempt. No doubt. He is what he is. He will never be a physically imposing player.

I was really pulling hard for KG. I love that guy. The guy was a god in Minny. But as soon as he got on a winning team everyone started to hate on him.

And the dude saying the Celts are going to rebuild. Think again. Rondo and Big baby are just kids. They have a good draft pick I think 19 in a stacked draft. Ray Allen and Pierce still have a couple of good years left. And KG is a humble guy and will have no problem taking a reduced role. I say they take Gordon Hayward with their pick to play high minutes at the wing or a Center like Whiteside. Then use their MLE on maybe another big body like F. Oberto a real unselfish team guy. And they'll be fine.
Fail. Big Baby is a roleplayer at best, he is a bench guy. Rondo is good, but still cant shoot. 19 isn't a good draft pick and this draft isn't as deep as 19.Allen is a free agent. Pierce is almost done and KG is done.

boriquaabe
06-18-2010, 04:56 AM
Who cares.... 2 rings baby!

Except you don't get a ring baby!

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 04:58 AM
Except you don't get a ring baby!

Still fells great baby. How do you feel? Lol...

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 04:58 AM

Solid post. Good to see even at these weird times, there's a great post that can come along.

Yeah, I'm not sure which player exactly I want to pinpoint the softer NBA on, but I've heard a lot of people talk about Reggie Miller and Michael Jordon. I can't pinpoint it, nor do I care to. It just sucks to see how soft the NBA has gone over the years. It makes for far less interesting basketball. Putting the decision of games in the refs hands is like letting the judges in MMA score the fight after 3 or 5 rounds. You do not want to do that.

There is no doubt the Celtics are not done; I'll agree with that sentiment. The thing is, like you said, we've got Rondo who we have locked up; That's a great thing. I also want to see how Perkins progresses going forward in his career (damn that injury sucked, though). I still believe Pierce and Kevin Garnett have 1-2 good seasons left in them; I also think both are not signed past 2 more years. Beyond that, I'm not sure what the Celtics do - I love Big Baby and the way he plays, and I think he COULD potentially do well in a starting role. He may get the chance to do it, but I think it may not come with the Celtics.

The way Ainge has the contracts set up, it is so one "Big 3" contract expires after the other. Ray Allen is this year, then either KG or Pierce the next, and then either KG or Pierce the next. The mentality was to let a big player off the books to try and fill the void with that money. Hopefully the Celtics do not go cheap and they go out and try and replace some of these guys with effective players. That's a problem that remains to be seen.

UnWantedTheory
06-18-2010, 05:00 AM

Are you ****ing serious?
Also......MLE on Oberto? Thats just ridiculous.

Is Allen going to resign? If he does your big three are old as hell. I dont expect them to be back in the finals without another true impact all star caliber player.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 05:01 AM
Are you ****ing serious?

Is Allen going to resign? If he does your big three are old as hell. I dont expect them to be back in the finals without another true impact all star caliber player.
Who expected us in the NBA Finals THIS year?

boriquaabe
06-18-2010, 05:03 AM
Fail. Big Baby is a roleplayer at best, he is a bench guy. Rondo is good, but still cant shoot. 19 isn't a good draft pick and this draft isn't as deep as 19.Allen is a free agent. Pierce is almost done and KG is done.

Who cares if he is a role player he still contributes, If you don't think Rondo is going to turn himself into a better shooter your on something, 19 is a good pick if you don't know this your on something really strong, this draft is deep, Allen can comeback at a reduced rate and even if he doesn't hey can sign Korver or Miller, Pierce isn't almost done and KG still has a year left in his contract.

What about your squad? Kobe is going under the knife again. Bynum is going under the knife again. Ron Artest is sure to implode during their celebration. And Fisher is older than anyone on the Celts starting 5. Vujacic and Walton 2 scrubs are still owed 10 million when they contribute nothing. Phil Jackson is going to keel over any day now. Kloe will continue to emasculate Lamar Odom until he comes out an officially announces he has been cross dressing and trolling on hollywood Blvd.

boriquaabe
06-18-2010, 05:04 AM
Are you ****ing serious?

I'm a KNICKS fan schem.

Gibby23
06-18-2010, 05:07 AM
Who cares if he is a role player he still contributes, If you don't think Rondo is going to turn himself into a better shooter your on something, 19 is a good pick if you don't know this your on something really strong, this draft is deep, Allen can comeback at a reduced rate and even if he doesn't hey can sign Korver or Miller, Pierce isn't almost done and KG still has a year left in his contract.
What about your squad? Kobe is going under the knife again. Bynum is going under the knife again. Ron Artest is sure to implode during their celebration. And Fisher is older than anyone on the Celts starting 5. Vujacic and Walton 2 scrubs are still owed 10 million when they contribute nothing. Phil Jackson is going to keel over any day now. Kloe will continue to emasculate Lamar Odom until he comes out an officially announces he has been cross dressing and trolling on hollywood Blvd.

Done..Lakers are Ok and will win another championship before the celtics get back to the finals... bnk on that. Celtics are done.. 19 is a garbage draft pick, talk to me next year when the guy isn't playing.. lol, watch some college ball and get back to me..

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 05:08 AM

Line of the night, no doubt about it. On a serious note, I never noticed how freaking bowlegged Jackson is. Looks like a midget with those legs.

But yeah, I think it's funny that people are calling the Celtics done, yet, as you said, they've got legitimate injury concerns to their stars, and Fisher is getting up there in age himself. See, the thing that works against the Lakers is that the West is so stacked. The East, not so much. The Celtics could coast to 50 wins next year and be the 3rd or 4th seed again. The Lakers have to keep their foot on the peddle yet again. That West is just too damn tough. A lot of great, great teams out there.

boriquaabe
06-18-2010, 05:11 AM
[QUOTE=Tragedy;13703256]Solid post. Good to see even at these weird times, there's a great post that can come along.

Yeah, I'm not sure which player exactly I want to pinpoint the softer NBA on, but I've heard a lot of people talk about Reggie Miller and Michael Jordon. I can't pinpoint it, nor do I care to. It just sucks to see how soft the NBA has gone over the years. It makes for far less interesting basketball. Putting the decision of games in the refs hands is like letting the judges in MMA score the fight after 3 or 5 rounds. You do not want to do that.

There is no doubt the Celtics are not done; I'll agree with that sentiment. The thing is, like you said, we've got Rondo who we have locked up; That's a great thing. I also want to see how Perkins progresses going forward in his career (damn that injury sucked, though). I still believe Pierce and Kevin Garnett have 1-2 good seasons left in them; I also think both are not signed past 2 more years. Beyond that, I'm not sure what the Celtics do - I love Big Baby and the way he plays, and I think he COULD potentially do well in a starting role. He may get the chance to do it, but I think it may not come with the Celtics.

The way Ainge has the contracts set up, it is so one "Big 3" contract expires after the other. Ray Allen is this year, then either KG or Pierce the next, and then either KG or Pierce the next. The mentality was to let a big player off the books to try and fill the void with that money. Hopefully the Celtics do not go cheap and they go out and try and replace some of these guys with effective players.

I'll be shocked if Pierce doesn't retire a Celtic. I think he has a good 3 years left. Losing Allen I don't necessarily see as a bad thing. They could use someone who get's to the rim a little bit better. Garnett I don't see them re-signing. A tweak here and a tweak there and they will still be a tough out.

boriquaabe
06-18-2010, 05:20 AM
Done..Lakers are Ok and will win another championship before the celtics get back to the finals... bnk on that. Celtics are done.. 19 is a garbage draft pick, talk to me next year when the guy isn't playing.. lol, watch some college ball and get back to me..

Does it feel good to talk so big when things go your way. The true measure of a man is how he responds to life when things don't look so good.

I do watch college basketball hence why I said it was a deep draft. Go find any reputable College basketball analyst and you will find out how deep the draft is.

Let me tell you another thing I'm a Yankee fan and in the late 90's I was spoiled and I thought boy we are going to win so many chamionships and yes we won 4 but after that came a long decade of nothing. Zilch. Nada. And before that the franchise was in shambles. The Lakers aren't going to stay on top forever. They don't have one player in their twenties that can match the skill of Rondo. Bynum the one young guy they have has the body of an 80 year old. The well will run dry faster than you know. Nobody stays on top forever. Nobody.

The Jokemaker
06-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Pau has and always will be "soft." He isn't a force who will take a beating and run into defenders consistently to try and get the tough shots down low. I've seen him play for years, it's just his style. His brother on the other hand, is not soft.

PrettyBoyJ
06-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Well he sure proved that he wont back down.. As far as being soft thats for him to answer

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-18-2010, 09:35 AM
I think hes soft like wet tissue paper just because he acts like he gets hit by an 18 wheeler going 80 mph every time someone touches him and that pisses me off more than anything. You can tell he doesnt like contact, but it doesnt affect his game because he is a finesse player.

pebloemer
06-18-2010, 09:37 AM
...who cares?

There is no "official" hard or soft rating. People have different opinions. If someone thinks he's soft, what are you going to say? "NO, actually he is officially NOT soft!"...come on man. Form an opinion of your own.

My thoughts exactly. It isn't an official category determined by PSD posters....

wildfan7
06-18-2010, 09:48 AM
soft, no...Biggest b**** on the court, yes! I think he plays a good physical game down low...but he takes the most ridiculous flops I have ever seen. I have no respect for the man.

JordansBulls
06-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Pau Gasol's resume now, is he Hall of Fame bound? Yes or No?

RaiderLakersA's
06-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Meaning if his career ended today, would he be in the HOF? No.

But if he continues on at the pace that he's going, yes, definitely a candidate for the Hall. I don't think he's peaked yet, to be honest.

ink
06-18-2010, 11:28 AM
He's a great player. The only other PF in the league that is better than him is Duncan. Adding Gasol made the Lakers champions so it seems like a no-brainer.

Big Game Son
06-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Gasol = Kobe.

Probably will get razzed for this, but notice....they win when this dude got there. I didn't see championships until Gasol arrived. Also he outplayed Garnett...hard to do. Kobe is best player in NBA, but Gasol to me...is worth jus as much to the Lakers.

Chronz
06-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Is he the best bigman in the game?

Chronz
06-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Gasol = Kobe.

Probably will get razzed for this, but notice....they win when this dude got there. I didn't see championships until Gasol arrived. Also he outplayed Garnett...hard to do. Kobe is best player in NBA, but Gasol to me...is worth jus as much to the Lakers.
I never understood this logic, are you implying you would have seen championships had Gasol been the Laker and Kobe been in Memphis?

Ragun
06-18-2010, 11:36 AM
hell yes.

gwrighter
Gasol = Kobe.

i agree 100%. Kobe's been slipping with the augment in physical play over the years.

Big Game Son
I never understood this logic, are you implying you would have seen championships had Gasol been the Laker and Kobe been in Memphis?

No I'm implying that hes worth jus as much to the organization as Kobe. THese two together win. Why? Because they are that good. Also Gasol does the things Kobe can't do. and vice versa.

Klivlend
06-18-2010, 11:38 AM

I think there is a better chance of the Lakers winning a championship with Gasol and without Kobe, than, the Lakers winning a championship with Kobe and without Gasol.

gwrighter
06-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Is he the best bigman in the game?

Top 5. in no order

Duncan
Nowitzki
Pau
Bosh
D Howard.

side note... Bogut's up there too. If it wasnt for Oden and Griffin getting injured there would be more competition.

Hellcrooner
06-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Lol.

Rember sthe BASKETBALL hall fo fame wher FIBA counts not only nba.

so he WAS already a lock before he even played for lakers after winning world cup and eurocupa and spnaihs league etc.

What he has to work towrds to now is becoming a top 5 PF all time or top 10 at least and work to Make a new greatest 50 oll time list.

Magc put worhty there jordan put Pippen there so 1 or 2 more rings and kobe will get him there too

$KnicksAndKobe$
06-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Pau Gasol, Hall of Fame? Yes. 100%

Two time NBA Champion. He has also been statistically great every single year of his career and one of the most consistent Forwards/C in the NBA since his rookie year.

Also don't forget that his career is not over and that he is not showing signs of getting worse.

So ye, to me the stats and the gold get you in the Hall Of Fame with no doubt. Pau Gasol shows for both and is still not done with his career.

$KnicksAndKobe$
06-18-2010, 12:21 PM
I think there is a better chance of the Lakers winning a championship with Gasol and without Kobe, than, the Lakers winning a championship with Kobe and without Gasol.

Well don't forget that right before Gasol came in the same season, the Lakers were the #1 seed in the west with Kobe and Bynum dominating. Bynum got injured and they lost a couple of games because of it and then they traded for Gasol and were EVEN better.

But TBH Kobe and Gasol compliment each very well. They did win, but they won together.

fadedmario
06-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Hall of fame is possible. One thing I love about Gasol is his heart. He played harder than anyone on the court last night. Lakers fans should be proud of Gasol. He was cryinjg at the end of the game and you could tell it was because he was spent, mentally and physically. He is tough as nails. No one can call him soft now.

thedfactor
06-18-2010, 12:31 PM
This bugs me, Gasol is extremely overrated. I don't like the guy at all, but I will say he's a really good player. Just he's not as great as people make him out to be. Several PFs in this league could be in his position and the Lakers would still win.

Soft still stands with Gasol, he's not "tough" and never will be

D Blue987
06-18-2010, 12:44 PM
I think he is in the hall of fame but I am not sure those who vote think so just yet. If they 3 peat next year then that for sure throws him into the conversation. There is no way you can be the clear number 2 on your team that won 3 straight championships and not be considered for the hall of fame. Pau has a great all around game in general. He is definately a smart player as well. Right now I put him barely in the hall in my book but if they win it all next year again then he has got to be considered assuming they dont go out and trade for bosh and Lebron. lol.

The Jokemaker
06-18-2010, 12:49 PM
There is no way in the world Pau Gasol is a hall of famer right now. Absolutely no way. He has won two championships only because he was with Kobe and loaded Lakers teams. He is not hall of fame worthy.

BALLER71
06-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Not at all.

Hellcrooner
06-18-2010, 12:51 PM
There is no way in the world Pau Gasol is a hall of famer right now. Absolutely no way. He has won two championships only because he was with Kobe and loaded Lakers teams. He is not hall of fame worthy.

Like Mchale, Worhty, Dumars , Pippen where second options on stacked celtics, bulls and pistons :rolleyes:

JordansBulls
06-18-2010, 12:55 PM
When Gasol won that Gold Medal in 2006 FIBA that IMO is what really put him on the map as a star.

Hellcrooner
06-18-2010, 12:57 PM
When Gasol won that Gold Medal in 2006 FIBA that IMO is what really put him on the map as a star.

yeah people forget that y uget into HOF for FIba play too.

Gasol was alrady there, like Manu is.

rhymeratic
06-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Since I prefer to use my brain....

I'd say Gasol IS a Hall of Famer. Not so much for his NBA accomplishments but you have to add in his international accomplishments as well. Was he the best at his position, no but he was always in the discussion. He doesn't get the respect that he should, kinda was Tim Duncan quiet early on in his career and now that he's gone Hollywood he's had an easier time being 2nd fiddle rather than a GO-TO guy.

To me he'd have to go into the Hall of Fame as an example of the current generation's prototypical "stretch" Center/PF tweener.

K.G. is the better player btwn the two career wise and at their best. Right now Gasol is better as KG's body is clearly breaking down.

IF I had to choose between the two, I'd generally take KG over Gasol as KG is more of a Superstar in his prime that flat out could DOMINATE games. I don't really recall Gasol ever being such a player.

still1ballin
06-18-2010, 01:03 PM
I say yes

fadedmario
06-18-2010, 01:11 PM
I cant believe people are still calling him soft on here. He threw his body around last night without any worry about getting injured. I'm a Piston's fan. We've won titles based off toughness. If Pau Gasol didn't look tough last night than I don't know what is. More heart than anyone on the court. Heart is what makes you tough. He was so intense. Tough as nails.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 01:18 PM
This bugs me, Gasol is extremely overrated. I don't like the guy at all, but I will say he's a really good player. Just he's not as great as people make him out to be. Several PFs in this league could be in his position and the Lakers would still win.

Soft still stands with Gasol, he's not "tough" and never will be
I couldn't agree more. He gets to the FT line like 12 time sin one of the games against the Celtics this series and ended with like 22 points. People praise the hell out of him, but don't realize that about half of his points were from him flopping. I don't care what anyone says, he IS a flopper.

With that said, he's a SOLID player. Hall of Fame? In my eyes, hell no, not yet. He could be there someday, though, no doubt.

IRNMN
06-18-2010, 01:22 PM
I think Pau Gasol is a very talented player and one of the best at his positions, but I an not going to say he is in the same class as Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, or some other HOF players. I would say the only lock (meaning 100% chance) for the hall of fame out of active PF's is Tim Duncan. However, if he has maybe five more regular season like this season I would say he could deffinatly be a yes. So right now no, if he keeps playing like he can then yes I would consider him a possibility.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2010, 02:30 PM
i think pau gasol is a very talented player and one of the best at his positions, but i an not going to say he is in the same class as charles barkley, karl malone, or some other hof players. I would say the only lock (meaning 100% chance) for the hall of fame out of active pf's is tim duncan. However, if he has maybe five more regular season like this season i would say he could deffinatly be a yes. So right now no, if he keeps playing like he can then yes i would consider him a possibility.

kg?

kblo247
06-18-2010, 02:31 PM
He would have made the HOF without even being a Laker or winning in the NBA because of the fact it isn't the NBA HOF. His international resume would have got him in. Now though it is really no question.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 02:32 PM
kg?
I raised an eyebrow to that too.

blah-blah
06-18-2010, 02:41 PM
hes soft

D1JM
06-18-2010, 02:42 PM
soft and a big time flopper. If you stare at him while he is going to the basket expect a big cry of agony. However, he will probably be consider for HOF

boriquaabe
06-18-2010, 05:30 PM
The title of this thread proves PSD has now just reached an all time low.

ko8e24
06-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Let's just say that if Ray Allen is bound for the HOF, then Pau Gasol is definitely bound for the HOF.

If you look back at Ray Allen's career, he was one of the big 3 in milwaukee, but he was the 2nd guy.

1st option: Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson
2nd option: Ray Allen
3rd option: Sam Cassell

Then, he played 4 1/2 seasons with the Sonics, and he was the first option of another big 3

1st option: Ray Allen
2nd option: Rashard Lewis
3rd option: Brent Barry/Luke Ridnous/Ronald "Flip" Murray

And then, he became the 3rd-4th option with Boston

1st option: Paul Pierce
2nd option: Kevin Garnett
3rd option: Rajon Rondo/Ray Allen

Won a title in 2008.

Looking back at Pau Gasol's first 6 1/2 seasons with Memphis, he was the first option. He jump started that franchise after their 2 main players in Bryant Reeves and Shareef Adur-Rahim left (Vancouver Grizzlies days).

And now, he's the 2nd option to Kobe Bryant on the Los Angeles Lakers, has helped the Lakers to the #1 seed in the West 3 consecutive yrs, and 3 straight trips to the NBA Finals, and back-to-back NBA Championships. Had big roles in the last 2 championships both offensively and defensively. Last yr against Dwight, and this yr against all of Boston's bigs.

To me, Pau Gasol is more worthy for HOF than Ray Allen because Gasol has been either the 1st or 2nd option to a team, Ray has been 1st option and 2nd option, but won championships as a 3rd/4th option.

Also, Pau is a world ambassador for the game, hailing from Spain. He led team Spain to the world championship gold medal in 2006, and the Silver Medal in Bejing in 2008. He's known as one of the best players in the world.

And Pau is a better all around player than Ray Allen. Allen is a terrific shooter, plays solid defense, and was a really good scorer in the past. Pau can score, rebound, defend, pass, block shots, and run an entire offense from the post.

Pau Gasol more worthy for HOF than Ray Allen.

kblo247
06-18-2010, 05:42 PM
hes soft

Yet tougher than any big north of the border and has the rings and medals to prove it :p

Mplsman
06-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Gasol is beast. Enough said.

td0tsfinest
06-18-2010, 05:49 PM
He was a HOFer regardless if he didn't get the 2nd championship.

Its not called the NBA HOF, its the basketball HOF and his basketball resume is very impressive.

ROY
2 x 3rd Team All nba
FIBA world champion
2006 FIBA World Champion MVP
2 x FIBA European POY, Mister Europe POY, Euroscar POY
Olympic Silver Medalist

azkarraga
06-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Wow, Gasol's is getting love here. He deserves it. Good.

Reyes6
06-18-2010, 06:09 PM
As of right now... Maybe, I said yes... but there is still a long road ahead to prove himself. On the Grizzlies he was a solid player, but the HoF has a lot of talented players that don't make it in.

I say yes, but it's close.

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2010, 07:54 PM
EASILY. The HOF for NBA is a Basketball HOF. Pau's international career combined with his NBA career makes him an easy choice for the BASKETBALL HOF.

netsgiantsyanks
06-18-2010, 08:03 PM
yes, he's still soft just like the rest of the Faker team. a bunch of pansies flailing away all game long like they got hit with a bat even with the slightest touch.

:facepalm:

albertc86
06-19-2010, 12:51 AM
I say yes because he's European. Need more of those in the hall of fame... Lol.

last stand
06-19-2010, 12:53 AM
hes tougher than dwight howard. i can tell you that much

push dwight off his post position he curls into a ball. push gasol and he battles

robdizzle3
06-19-2010, 05:12 AM
He would have made the HOF without even being a Laker or winning in the NBA because of the fact it isn't the NBA HOF. His international resume would have got him in. Now though it is really no question.

Exactly. I dont get why people arent getting that. They are quick to pick at him, but not realize his whole body of work.

The Raven
06-19-2010, 07:29 AM
He shred the soft tag with the way he was able to play against the C's. he showed a never die attitude and pounded his way into the glass. No way does he deserve to be called soft anymore. If anything KG was soft this year getting some 3-4 rebounds.

B.JenningsMVP
06-19-2010, 07:33 AM
He was a HOFer regardless if he didn't get the 2nd championship.

Its not called the NBA HOF, its the basketball HOF and his basketball resume is very impressive.

ROY
2 x 3rd Team All nba
FIBA world champion
2006 FIBA World Champion MVP
2 x FIBA European POY, Mister Europe POY, Euroscar POY
Olympic Silver Medalist

This

Hawkeye15
06-19-2010, 11:01 AM

if you think Gasol's career, individually, even comes close to matching KG's, you are insane.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2010, 11:01 AM
with his international success, and recent success in the NBA, along with his accomplishments individually, I think he is a lock for the HOF, and I have no problem with that

Bullsfan22
06-19-2010, 11:11 AM
if pau gasol is soft, then that soft *** ***** just helped the lakers win two straight titles, so yeah i'll take his soft *** if that means winning that shiny trophy :cool:

You would? :p

xxseven72ducexx
06-19-2010, 11:12 AM
gasol is a great player, an all-star and maybe an all nba player but i dont think he's a hall of famer...look at all the names in there now, wilt, michael, magic, bird...players who are significant to history, yea pau has 2 championships but look at robert horry, he's got a shitload more and i dont think there was ever a thread questioning if he would be in the hall of fame or not

Bullsfan22
06-19-2010, 11:16 AM
with his international success, and recent success in the NBA, along with his accomplishments individually, I think he is a lock for the HOF, and I have no problem with that

A lock? I don't think so. If he continues to put up his numbers for the next 4-5 years I'll say he's a lock. People are so quick to throw player in the HOF and forget about longevity and consistency throughout a career.

JayW_1023
06-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Gasol is a sure fire Hall of Famer now.

LALakersKC
06-19-2010, 11:43 AM
I think it depends on what people think is "soft". He might not be as physical as you'd like but he showed through out the series he wouldn't back down. So I wouldn't say he's soft but I wouldn't say he's tough either. He's a finesse player.

ink
06-19-2010, 11:48 AM
I cant believe people are still calling him soft on here. He threw his body around last night without any worry about getting injured. I'm a Piston's fan. We've won titles based off toughness. If Pau Gasol didn't look tough last night than I don't know what is. More heart than anyone on the court. Heart is what makes you tough. He was so intense. Tough as nails.

Agreed.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2010, 11:57 AM
A lock? I don't think so. If he continues to put up his numbers for the next 4-5 years I'll say he's a lock. People are so quick to throw player in the HOF and forget about longevity and consistency throughout a career.

do you know how easy it is to get into the HOF? With his international/NBA basketball success, and 19/9 with over 12,000 points, he is already in.

Fad3Away
06-19-2010, 12:26 PM
gasol is a great player, an all-star and maybe an all nba player but i dont think he's a hall of famer...look at all the names in there now, wilt, michael, magic, bird...players who are significant to history, yea pau has 2 championships but look at robert horry, he's got a shitload more and i dont think there was ever a thread questioning if he would be in the hall of fame or not

:laugh2: Please don't ever compare Pau Gasol to Robert Horry.

td0tsfinest
06-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Besides the list of individual achievements I listed before. Pau has done so much for the international side of Basketball. He and Dirk have completely revolutionized basketball for Europeans. You are see more and more Euro players in the league and thats due to the increase of scouts over seas.

How many of you guys know Dino Meneghin? He's in HOF but he's never played in the nba.

td0tsfinest
06-19-2010, 12:33 PM

Think a again my friend

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333582&highlight=Horry

ManningToTyree
06-19-2010, 12:34 PM
I said no. He is a hell of a player, but his numbers are not quite there. However, He is only 29 and I can see him swaying my opinion over the next 5 years. The rings are not hurting his argument. BTW KG was a much better player than Pau will ever be. Pau is clearly better at this point.

ink
06-19-2010, 12:37 PM

Sure, let's take a look at Robert Horry. Career 7PPG and 4.8RPG. Something tells me he was never the second option on any of those championship teams. He was a great teammate and a role player but that's not nearly the central role that Gasol has. People have to be realistic about their comparisons. As a few have already said, Pau is ALREADY guaranteed a place in the HOF based on his international achievements. His leadership and success on the Lakers is really just icing.

cj allen
06-19-2010, 12:42 PM
No!!

Hellcrooner
06-19-2010, 01:08 PM
peole do not have the remotest idea bout HOF.

they forget international game counts

and forget that not only SUPER SUPER SUPER stars get in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_Basketball_Hall_of_Fame

read the list.

are this dudes better than pau ?

Belov, Cosic, Mngin ( none put a step in Nba)

Kc Jones, Tom Gola, Bill sharman, Cahrles cooper, JOseph Fulks, Slate martin, THomas barlow, AL cervi, ROb Wanzer, Bob mcdermott, neil jonshton, David Thompson, Mo stokes, Gus johnson,

come on, be realistic

Hellcrooner
06-19-2010, 01:09 PM
and tyeah thompson was a hell of scorer and funny to wathc but 0 rings .

thekmp211
06-22-2010, 02:38 AM
Lol.

Rember sthe BASKETBALL hall fo fame wher FIBA counts not only nba.

so he WAS already a lock before he even played for lakers after winning world cup and eurocupa and spnaihs league etc.

What he has to work towrds to now is becoming a top 5 PF all time or top 10 at least and work to Make a new greatest 50 oll time list.

Magc put worhty there jordan put Pippen there so 1 or 2 more rings and kobe will get him there too

bam nailed it. he has always been this good and got a chance to showcase that in the nba once he got traded. 100% lock and still maybe underrated. one more ring would help him cement his nba case, but two rings is not to be trifled with, especially when you are the clear-cut number two guy.

tangent12
06-22-2010, 02:57 AM
Definitely on his way.

thekmp211
06-22-2010, 01:29 PM
bam nailed it. he has always been this good and got a chance to showcase that in the nba once he got traded. 100% lock and still maybe underrated. one more ring would help him cement his nba case, but two rings is not to be trifled with, especially when you are the clear-cut number two guy.

coming from someone who predominantly watches the nba it took me a while to realize this and playing for memphis just didn't showcase him. people just saw him as a stats guy on a bad team, a spanish shareef abdur-rahim.

pebloemer
06-22-2010, 01:57 PM

I think YOU should look at the players in it now. Wilt, Michael, Magic and Bird are only a select few in the hall of fame. Just because you can't be mentioned alongside those names doesn't mean you don't belong in the Hall of Fame...

Hellcrooner
06-22-2010, 02:02 PM
^ i linked the list but no one cares to take a look at it.

a lot of players with NO rings not as leadres nor second not even third bananas.
some ROLE players with good NCAA careers some internationals that have NEVER played in the nba etc etc.

LTBaByyy
06-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Pau's career is not over, he just got in his prime, KG is done...

He's just gettin in his prime at 30 years old? :facepalm:

Hellcrooner
06-22-2010, 02:33 PM
He's just gettin in his prime at 30 years old? :facepalm:

hes done his best statistical season and playoffs this year so yeah he ha sreache dhis prime NOW:

Double_R
06-22-2010, 02:34 PM
People went on calling him soft after shtting down howard in 09.

they went on calling him soft this season after bettering his reboudning average from 9,8 his best previous season to almst 13 a game this season.

So no, hater will still hate and fall hard on him the first time he has a bad game like in game 5.

Curious the media that bashed him hard after that game went completly silent and overlooked his almsot TD in game 6 and guess wont credit much his 7th game neither.

I hate to break it to you Crooner, but he didn't exactly guard Howard by himself the Lakers doubled and tripled DH most of every game, and Howard guarded Gasol, but also a lot of Bynum and Odom because Rashard couldn't not to mention they won 2OT games against the Magic... Let's compare their numbers and see, if they didn't have more than 2 or 3 blks, stls, ast, I didn't mention them

Dwight's numbers
Games
#1: 12, 15reb, 2,2,2
#2: 17pts, 16reb, 4blk, 4stl, 4ast
#3: 21, 14reb
#4: 16pts, 21reb, 9blk
#5: 11pts, 10reb, 3blk, 5 fouls

Gasol numbers
#1 16pts, 8 reb
#2 24, 10reb
#3 23pts, 3 reb
#4 16pts, 10 reb
#5 14pts, 15reb, 4 blk

Double_R
06-22-2010, 02:38 PM
I have a hard time calling him a HOF bec of what he did when he wasn't with the Lakers... He is Zach Randolph if he doesn't go to the Lakers

Indi23
06-22-2010, 02:38 PM
It would be a joke to think Pau isn't a HOFer. For me him being the a European big man... need i say more?

Indi23
06-22-2010, 02:39 PM
I have a hard time calling him a HOF bec of what he did when he wasn't with the Lakers... He is Zach Randolph if he doesn't go to the Lakers

You could say that about any 2nd option ever to win a title. Look at Pippen, he would never have lead his team without jordan, and Jordan wouldnt have won 6 without him.

Hugbees
06-22-2010, 02:40 PM
No. One of the best power forwards in the game, bar none.

that line makes no sense..

Double_R
06-22-2010, 02:47 PM
You could say that about any 2nd option ever to win a title. Look at Pippen, he would never have lead his team without jordan, and Jordan wouldnt have won 6 without him.

You need to Wikipedia Scottie Pippen, then come talk to me, because that is not a comparable argument at all.

Hellcrooner
06-22-2010, 02:52 PM

because randolph lead the blazers three times to the playoffs :rolleyes:

sixer04fan
06-22-2010, 02:54 PM
I don't not think hall of fame when I think of Gasol. He's a great center definitely, one of the best players in the game, but not a hall of famer. Come on now!

Tony_Starks
06-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Its funny how nobody is neutral on Gasol. He's either a overrated softy or the best big man in the game. Truth of the matter is he's one of the big man elite, was already an allstar before the Lakers, and a very good 2nd option alongside a superstar player.

......and yes he's probably HOF bound if things keep going at this rate.

Indi23
06-22-2010, 03:01 PM
You need to Wikipedia Scottie Pippen, then come talk to me, because that is not a comparable argument at all.

Done, 2 things First i wasn't comparing him to gasol. And 2nd backs my original statement as a 2nd option.

Hellcrooner
06-22-2010, 03:05 PM
ok so second options dont count for HOF'

lets give a call to naismith memorial and saske them to remove Mchale, dumar, Pippen and so on an on an on.

i lets get rid of 90% of te Hall .

Again, go back two pages and use the link i put there with the actual list ofHOFers and se ehow SADLY mistaken ar you all about whats needed to e done to enter.

Hustlenomics
06-22-2010, 03:08 PM
No. Hes a BIGTIME flopper who can't play defense

BkOriginalOne
06-22-2010, 03:15 PM
HOF. I don't know?
Is even a top 10 PF of all time?

Gasol is also playing with kobe.

Does Dennis Rodman get in the HOF?

E.O.21
06-22-2010, 03:16 PM
hes tougher than dwight howard. i can tell you that much

push dwight off his post position he curls into a ball. push gasol and he battles

:pity:

But yes I do think gasol will make the HOF because of his international success and the guys pretty good

Lakersho
06-22-2010, 03:17 PM
AHHHHHHHHH.

Arms flailing in the air AHHHHHHH. Yeah he's real tough lol.

He's very skilled and very good but annoying and such a huge b****. Easily one of the most annoying athletes in the world imo. Between the yelling, arm flailing all over, and the annoying free throw reactions he's just a pain to watch. I really want to see him get a major elbow right to the teeth.

...but how do you really feel...:)

Double_R
06-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Done, 2 things First i wasn't comparing him to gasol. And 2nd backs my original statement as a 2nd option.

Well ok then, but kinda what I was saying is that he came to a team where they already were good, the Lakers had the number #1 seed when they got him btw, and he helped them get over the hump, but just because of those couple of years of playing with a one of the best players ever who is doubled and tripled, along with another top 5-10 big in Bynum, an allstar caliber player in Odom, defenders Trevor Ariza and Ron Artest, and one of the most seasoned winning pg's ever, I mean come on, he plays on an allstar team and he might be the 2nd best player on it, but does that make him a hall of famer?

Hellcrooner
06-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Well ok then, but kinda what I was saying is that he came to a team where they already were good, the Lakers had the number #1 seed when they got him btw, and he helped them get over the hump, but just because of those couple of years of playing with a one of the best players ever who is doubled and tripled, along with another top 5-10 big in Bynum, an allstar caliber player in Odom, defenders Trevor Ariza and Ron Artest, and one of the most seasoned winning pg's ever, I mean come on, he plays on an allstar team and he might be the 2nd best player on it, but does that make him a hall of famer?

kevin machale, james worthy enough said.

numba1CHANGsta
06-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Yes no question, 3 NBA FInals, 2 rings, Won Silver at the Olympics, Won the Euro Championship, best PF in the game today, Best European Player ever! Has more rings than Dirk will ever have.

Manu also fits in this category but he has been injured and coming off the bench these past seasons so it may hurt his HOF chances.

S-Dot
06-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Very skilled player...plays for an extremely popular franchise...is only 29 years old so he has more time to accomplish things. I think yes.

Double_R
06-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Yes no question, 3 NBA FInals, 2 rings, Won Silver at the Olympics, Won the Euro Championship, best PF in the game today, Best European Player ever! Has more rings than Dirk will ever have.

Manu also fits in this category but he has been injured and coming off the bench these past seasons so it may hurt his HOF chances.

So based on 2 1/2 years we will call him a hall of famer... that is where I have a problem with this, however as was just posted, he is only 29, so we will see, but I think this conversation is very premature, because other than the last 2.5 years he has been an all star caliber player for a bad team

Bruno
06-22-2010, 04:45 PM

There were a lot of monstrous floppers in this years NBA finals. Gasol, Fisher, Pierce, Allen. The floppin' goes around.

0nekhmer
06-22-2010, 07:37 PM
okay so. you have to be "hard" to be considered a HOF eh?

JayW_1023
06-26-2010, 06:38 AM
Gasol is a HOF, no doubt about it.

magichatnumber9
06-26-2010, 07:42 AM
Are we talking about the Soccer hall of fame?

Testaverde16
06-26-2010, 08:24 AM
has more to accomplish first... if he retired today, he is not a hall of famer, but if he picks up another title or so, some all nba and all star appearences and gets some stats up he definitely has a shot.

rufo4100
06-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Gasol has 2 rings and is an all star. All he needs to do now is pad his stats and YES he is an easy HOF guy.

blastmasta26
06-26-2010, 12:12 PM
He will be in the HOF, all those international accomplishments, plus he's been playing well for the Lakers and throughout his whole career. He's also proven that he's a great team player, having led the Grizzlies to the playoffs before he got traded to LA. Two titles, and he was very good in both postseasons.

magichatnumber9
06-26-2010, 12:18 PM
My last post was joke, anyway he just needs to stay productive for 5-6 more years and he is a lock in my mind. I love Pau's game. I guess I'm already over this loss. Thank You draft

scottie
06-26-2010, 12:31 PM
One has to first question why anyone would ask this question. Pau's stats are historically good, and now he has multiple titles. I understand others may have an opinion different then the majority, but using the facts, this guy is hall of fame material.

Xeroprime99
06-26-2010, 12:40 PM
:facepalm: Im sick of hearing this "He's soft" nonsense. Why is he soft? because He's not runnin on the Floor talkin to himself and beatin his chest like a damn Silver back? I mean dont get me Wrong I like The INtensity that KG and others of his nature bring to the game. but I mean Did people question Kareem's Finesse as Being Soft? or did they simply say he was Damn Good at what he does? And About all the Laker Flop talk...Does anyone Remember Princess Pierce getting Wheeled off the court like he just shattered both knees? This is a pointless Thread. After winning back to back titles whatelse do the Lakers have to do to prove themselves? Phuckin Hatin Pansys

evadatam5150
06-26-2010, 01:42 PM
He's finese, just like he always was. Soft is a mentality, not a physical trait.

Yep 19 points and 18 rebounds in game 7 of the NBA Championship against your teams biggest rival that also spanked your azz 2 years earlier totally equals a SOFT Mentality.. :clap: You're powers of grasping facts over being a complete homer are refreshing.. That's sarcasm in case you couldn't grasp the concept..

evadatam5150
06-26-2010, 02:03 PM

It's called a comparison and when comparing floppers then I think it's absolutely valid to use Pierce as a bench mark.. At the very least Gasol hasn't been carried off the floor by teammates and back to the locker room to only miraculously jog back out to the heat of action.. (this was absolutely Oscar worthy :clap:)... I mean whether you're a Boston fan or a Lakers fan you have to admit that performance was one of the all time best.. Yes Pierce is an excellent comparison without a doubt..

evadatam5150
06-26-2010, 02:49 PM
I couldn't agree more. He gets to the FT line like 12 time sin one of the games against the Celtics this series and ended with like 22 points. People praise the hell out of him, but don't realize that about half of his points were from him flopping. I don't care what anyone says, he IS a flopper.

With that said, he's a SOLID player. Hall of Fame? In my eyes, hell no, not yet. He could be there someday, though, no doubt.

Over the last 3 seasons look at the Lakers Won/Loss record with and without Gasol in the lineup and then make a legitimate argument to how he is overrated.. Quite simply, the Lakers are much better with him than without him.. He's not overrated in the least.. Or at the least it depends on what your measuring against..

YAALREADYKNO
07-16-2018, 06:48 AM
He’ll get in. The two championships with the lakers cemented his HOF status

pebloemer
07-16-2018, 08:05 AM
An 8 year old thread revived by spam?

Hawkeye15
07-16-2018, 09:05 AM
please don't bump old threads.