PDA

View Full Version : Game 7 of NBA Finals gets 18.2 overnight rating - Did Game 7 Deliver?

iggypop123
06-17-2010, 11:55 PM
lots of hype. a defensive game. was it up to the hype?

madiaz3
06-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Yes. the defensive intensity was amazing. the clutch plays from both teams in last minute made it especially exciting and memorable.

king4day
06-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Was a great game.
The defensive clinic's are what made it so good. Offensively was just ugly to watch.

Duncan = Donkey
06-17-2010, 11:59 PM
I thought it was pretty boring.

LA seemed to be shooting FT's all the time, not really entertaining.

black1605
06-17-2010, 11:59 PM
boring

gbpackers12
06-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Loved it. :up: Except i wanted Boston to win, but whatever.

Giaps
06-18-2010, 12:01 AM
It was fantastic. I was on edge all game.

Anybody who says otherwise can't appreciate defense.

GOON MUSIC
06-18-2010, 12:01 AM
Watching Ron Work his off for that made it 100% worth while

jimbobjarree
06-18-2010, 12:02 AM
free throws killed the 4th, such a shame

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2010, 12:04 AM

whatever buddy.

Giaps
06-18-2010, 12:05 AM
When Ron Artest said "I wanna thank my psychiatrist", I just started rofling hysterically.

sNaKeS
06-18-2010, 12:08 AM
To address the topic, no it did not come close to my expectations. The refs killed the 4th quarter with the lakers shooting what 23 free throws. I am glad though artest got his ring.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2010, 12:08 AM

This. It kills me though. It's a shame because I will never be able to fully appreciate it though. It was a treat to watch.

The biggest thing for me was that was really no loser in that LA won it. There should be no debate as to whether BOS lost it or LA won it. It was 2 teams fighting to the end and the team that performed better winning. No blown plays by one side. The officials didn't decide it. Great game to watch as a nuetral fan, but it's a tough one for Celts fans.

knicks1214
06-18-2010, 12:09 AM
I loved watching it, even though it was very ugly and the officiating (I felt) was horrendous.

Obviously Kobe is going to get MVP of the series, BUT here's a question for you: Who gets MVP for the game (if there were such an award)? : Kobe, Pau, or Artest (yes, Artest--VERY good defense, and he actually played good offense).

RadiantShot
Yeah. I thought the defensive intensity made it a classic. The ending was RIDICULOUS too.

DenButsu
Great defense can be exciting, and it definitely was in this game. I know a lot of fans would rather see shootouts than wars of attrition and chess matches, but I hope they can still appreciate that we saw two truly incredible team defensive performances in this game.

irobson
06-18-2010, 12:12 AM
37 ft's to 18 ft's ...this game could have been 1 of the greatest games ever... 2 bad ref's messed it up

tr4shb0t
06-18-2010, 12:12 AM
It was pretty boring. I personally expected more from the game. Boston couldn't match up in the paint and all they could do was foul to prevent buckets. Definitely a hard fought battle though. Can't say I agree with the refs officiating the game to be close for ratings either.

Sportfan
06-18-2010, 12:13 AM
This. The 1st half was much better, so much smoother and not so much aggressiveness.

Although the best part of the game was at the very end of the 4th when bth teams kept hitting clutch 3 after clutch 3

black1605
06-18-2010, 12:15 AM
its a shame perkins was hurt...the lakers offensive rebounds were insane

B.JenningsMVP
06-18-2010, 12:16 AM
Yes

Cammy13
06-18-2010, 12:17 AM
i lost my virginity so hell yeah!

iggypop123
06-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Great defense can be exciting, and it definitely was in this game. I know a lot of fans would rather see shootouts than wars of attrition and chess matches, but I hope they can still appreciate that we saw two truly incredible team defensive performances in this game.

thats why so many people were begging for the suns and magic. but then again defense wins championships. thats why both teams are at home right now

SNYmets86
06-18-2010, 12:20 AM
my boy artest had a great game .... :clap: it was better than last years ... maybe next season will top this 1

mser58
06-18-2010, 12:22 AM
yes **** boston

mzgrizz
Thought it may have been the best championship game 7 ever for me. Can't imagine a more exciting game!

RapOZo

i bet it was pretty boring for you,
they played something you are just not used to, defense
they don't know about that over there in phoenix, dont they?

:D:D

Heater4life
06-18-2010, 12:26 AM
whatever buddy.

Ironic that a Suns fan doesnt appreciate defense???

NAH!!!!!

lol

Cammy13
06-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Kobes the man!!!!!!

x_notorious
06-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Both teams put on clinics defensively and I was on the edge from tip-off. Great game especially late in the 4th when the Celtics just wouldn't go away knocking down 3's.

maddBat
06-18-2010, 12:28 AM
37 ft's to 18 ft's ...this game could have been 1 of the greatest games ever... 2 bad ref's messed it up

actually i think the refs did a pretty decent job. if the lakers made their free throws it wouldnt have been a close game.

Moosie Doom
06-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Great ending to the best series we've seen in a few years.

drobe86
06-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Yea sure the game delivered for 3 qtrs. But when you let a team shoot 20 free throws in the 4th qtr of game 7 of the NBA finals. It all comes crashing down. congratulations stern you did it again!!

tr4shb0t
06-18-2010, 12:48 AM

Boston was playing without Perkins. If your team is mismatched there is nothing to do but foul to prevent easy buckets sometimes. It's a game 7 in the finals and the Celtics weren't getting anything offensively so their only option is to foul to stay in the game.

They showed replays on almost all those fouls in the 4th. You could probably only make an argument against 1 of those calls. They were clearly fouls.

sNaKeS
06-18-2010, 01:54 AM
Boston was playing without Perkins. If your team is mismatched there is nothing to do but foul to prevent easy buckets sometimes. It's a game 7 in the finals and the Celtics weren't getting anything offensively so their only option is to foul to stay in the game.

They showed replays on almost all those fouls in the 4th. You could probably only make an argument against 1 of those calls. They were clearly fouls.

I don't think it's so much the fouls were called, but for the first 3 quarters they let them play then they got whistle happy in the 4th. Most of them were clearly fouls and the lakers were definitely more aggressive in the 4th, but they were letting them be physical all game then the bad calls in the 4th went against the celtics and for the lakers.

sargon21
06-18-2010, 01:55 AM
i absolutely loved the game, defensive and physical just like the old days... loved it!!

IversonIsKrazy
06-18-2010, 01:58 AM
To all the referee h8rs, it was well officiated and NOT biased. When u get outrebounded like THAT... u really shouldn't be complaining abt opponent free-throw attempts.

But yes it did live up to the hype. The amazing defensive intensity for the first 3rd q's, and the CLUTCH shots in the 4th, back-to-back 3's for Celtics, Fisher and Ron getting CLUTCH AMAZING 3's on their part.

One of the best finals we've seen in a LONG time, best one since the Jordan-Jazz era

LA_Raiders
06-18-2010, 02:22 AM
hell yeah, I suffered a lot...lol

still1ballin
06-18-2010, 02:24 AM
Yes, this whole series has been epic and lived up to the hype.

Being a Laker fan can be dangerous, you may get a heart attack.

fadedmario
06-18-2010, 02:40 AM
loved it. old school ruff stuff

xbrackattackx
06-18-2010, 03:12 AM
Defense at it's finest. A great great Game 7, Would watch again!

RollinDeep
06-18-2010, 03:52 AM
This definitely did. Gave me a few heart attacks. And that was some ending. I didn't breath until Gasol grabbed that final rebound. I mean...RONDO hit a 3.

ink
06-18-2010, 10:04 AM

Agreed. I didn't really disagree with the refereeing but the physical play just resulted in a lot of boring free throws. I didn't enjoy the 4th much at all.

ink
06-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Yea sure the game delivered for 3 qtrs. But when you let a team shoot 20 free throws in the 4th qtr of game 7 of the NBA finals. It all comes crashing down.

I have to agree the very end of the series was a dud with all the FTs. A championship should not be decided by a skills competition. Everything else about the series was classic though.

Swashcuff
06-18-2010, 10:17 AM
you shoulda made a poll.... but yes it did deliver... really intense...changing of leads.... physical..... big shots..... close.... it was a good game even for a neutral NBA fan. Just not celts fans.

macc
06-18-2010, 10:42 AM
I thought it was a great game. 13 sec left and it still wasn't decided. That's all you could ask for. I liked Kobes post game speach "I have no more ring than Shaq now." Call it cocky but it was a little paycheck for Shaq's "how does my *** taste"

GSW Hoops
06-18-2010, 10:56 AM
http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/schott/2010/jun/18/game-7-of-nba-finals-gets-182-overnight-rating/

This just in from several of ABC's and ESPN public relations staff on their Twitter accounts.

They are Tweeting that ABC scored an 18.2 overnight rating for last night's Game 7 of the NBA Finals, in which the Los Angeles Lakers beat the Boston Celtics, 83-79, for its second straight NBA title.

The rating is a record for ABC, and the biggest rating for an NBA Finals game since Game 6 of the Chicago Bulls-Utah Jazz, which was on NBC.

BALLER71
06-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Nope. Not a big fan of watching players shoot free-throws. That's not my type of basketball.

Da Knicks
06-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Didnt watch nba needs to mix it up lakers, celtics has got old for the fans of basketball that want basketball not a reality t.v. show.

JordansBulls
06-18-2010, 11:07 AM

Agreed. Can't call fouls on just one team.

Black24Momba8
06-18-2010, 11:10 AM
that was the best game 7 in long time

Sly Guy
06-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Didnt watch nba needs to mix it up lakers, celtics has got old for the fans of basketball that want basketball not a reality t.v. show.

the best part about this comment is that reality tv is suppost to be unscripted. Haha

awmathewsjr
06-18-2010, 11:51 AM
It delivered, as far as being a good game, but all that hype I've been hearing all week about this will be one of the all time great games in sports history.YEAH RIGHT
It didn't even crack the top 5 in the last 20yrs.
This is my top 5:
5. '93 NCAA Championship -Michigan(Fab Five) v. North Carolina - Chris Webber's timeout
4. '95 ECSF Game 1- Pacers v. Knicks - R. Miller's 8pts in the last 8.9 sec to win game
3. '06 Rose Bowl - Texas v. USC - V.Young's last second Touchdown
2. '04 ALCS - Red Sox v. Yankees - Greatest comeback of all-time(any sport)
1. '98 NBA Finals - Bulls v. Jazz - Jordans final shot(G.O.A.T. of any sport)

Da Knicks
06-18-2010, 12:13 PM
You said it supposed to but we all know it is not and that they always know what the outcome will be. Anyways people will watch as long as the show doesnt have like part5, part 6, you know what i mean kinda like the same teams in the finals all the time. Nba needs the Lakers in the finals though if they really want to go international they are the team that pushes themselves the most on t.v. Heard the knicks bought a cable company called bresnan that will put the knicks games in 4 of the western states. Intersting now they will start pushing the team as much as the lakers?

JNA17
06-18-2010, 12:14 PM
yes without question. Calls were legit, both teams playing hard nose defense, an instant classic.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Agreed. Can't call fouls on just one team.

Lakers had 18 more possessions!

that's why they got more FTs

still1ballin
06-18-2010, 01:05 PM
It lived up to the hype

Driven
06-18-2010, 01:29 PM
What a ****ing great day for the NBA. The NBA is back, and I love it. I don't know if people realize how huge of an overnight rating that is for the NBA. Game 5 and Game 6 did an overnight rating in the 12s. The final rating will probably be two or three points lower than the overnight, but that's still a 15-16 or so for Game 7. Absolutely huge. There was probably around 25 million viewers as well.

The NBA needs to capitalize on this heading into free agency and into next season.

This Game 7 rating will be larger than any World Series rating for a single game since 2004 - when the Red Sox won it.

The NBA is on par with the MLB right now, and that's just a HUGE improvement over where they were in 2007. That Finals drew a 6.2 rating - the lowest in history. This season probably drew upwards of twice that - Probably around 11-12.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Yeah, it sucked. The disparity in free throws is downright hilarious. But, that's the NBA.. Easily the most fixed league of the big 4. Oh well. This is why I root for NFL and MLB far before the NBA. It sucks, because I LOVE basketball, and I love many of the players in the league. But the NBA is a crock.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 01:39 PM

That was just the 4th quarter. And for that reason, the game certainly lost a lot of credibility. It was funny, because I was just waiting for them Lakers to start getting the calls and take the physicality out of the game...4th quarter certainly proved that.

But as a whole, yes, this game was great. For 3 quarters I watched an excellent Game 7 for the ages. The 4th quarter, with the great comeback for the Lakers, made it epic, but the FT's, as usual, ruined it.

Boston Faithful
06-18-2010, 02:46 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/06/lakers-win-ratings-abc.html

Game 7 got a 18.2 overnight rating. Wow. Lakers vs. Celtics = ratings. Now tell me any small market team could do that for the NBA. For all those fans on this forum that said this game wasn't special and it wasn't the biggest game since Jordan retired. They were wrong. Obviously people around the country thought it was. The Game 5 clincher with the Magic-Lakers last year got like a 9.4. This was DOUBLE.

This really shows how much the NBA needs LeBron in New York. If he got to the Finals one year against say the Lakers and Kobe, those ratings would be ridiculous.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 02:46 PM
And this is exactly the NBA's agenda. They know people will watch Lakers/Celtics, and they know they'll watch it even more if it's a Game 7.

tredigs
06-18-2010, 02:51 PM
And this is exactly the NBA's agenda. They know people will watch Lakers/Celtics, and they know they'll watch it even more if it's a Game 7.

Totally, bro!

It's a good thing they orchestrated that trade for KG and Ray a couple years ago and ensured that Rondo would develop into a top tier point guard even though he was drafted late in the 1st round. And it's doubly good that they created Kobe with an undying work ethic that allowed a player who was a bit of a wild-card prodigy into one of the all time greats!

I don't know what they were thinking in the 90's, though? Stern totally missed the boat on some ratings there man, am I RIGHT?!

In closing, you're a tool.

kblo247
06-18-2010, 02:52 PM
That isn't even the final number because the game went past its scheduled time. It can possibly be greater, which is just a WOW!

IversonIsKrazy
06-18-2010, 02:55 PM
well that is great for the NBA! It was very entertaining.

GSW Hoops
06-18-2010, 03:14 PM

I thought Lakers/Cavs was the NBA's agenda?

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Totally, bro!

It's a good thing they orchestrated that trade for KG and Ray a couple years ago and ensured that Rondo would develop into a top tier point guard even though he was drafted late in the 1st round. And it's doubly good that they created Kobe with an undying work ethic that allowed a player who was a bit of a wild-card prodigy into one of the all time greats!

I don't know what they were thinking in the 90's, though? Stern totally missed the boat on some ratings there man, am I RIGHT?!

In closing, you're a tool.
I feel sorry for people like you. Those that truly believe the NBA doesn't try and squeeze every last dollar out of their fans.

16 and 17 - That's the number of NBA titles each the Celtics and Lakers have. For anyone to sit there and try and tell me that the NBA does not drool over Celtics/Lakers matchups, well, they're blind and you've got to feel bad for those people.

It's funny how the officiating was piss poor for 6 games, being so stiff on the smallest flop - They made damn sure that it went to a game 7. Yet magically, game 7 was officiated so differently. I wonder if it's because the NBA just wanted them to play, or if it's because the NBA conquered their job of making damn sure there was a 7th game?

Give me a break.

I thought Lakers/Cavs was the NBA's agenda?
Not even close. The NBA is trying so hard to build LeBron up as the "poor guy that just can't win" until he finally makes it against an older Kobe for the win. Right now they're still milking the hell out of Lakers/Celtics.

It's really nothing that should surprise anyone. Lakers draw, Celtics draw, and the two combined draw. The two combined for a game 7, that's a no brainer. Obviously the NBA made sure it went 7 - I'm not saying they had a preferred team to win, but it was pretty obvious they wanted this series to go 7.

..the same way the NBA made sure Celtics/Orlando went 6. They needed to get more revenue and ratings out of it, so they made sure it went 6. They didn't want it to go 7, because they wanted to make sure the Celtics won (they didn't want it to be a possibility of the Orlando Magic winning the series). This stuff to me is a no brainer, and there are MANY people who share feelings such as these. This is why it's so difficult to fall in love with NBA. I love basketball, but the NBA is just a mafia.

NBAfan4life
06-18-2010, 03:41 PM
I feel sorry for people like you. Those that truly believe the NBA doesn't try and squeeze every last dollar out of their fans.

16 and 17 - That's the number of NBA titles each the Celtics and Lakers have. For anyone to sit there and try and tell me that the NBA does not drool over Celtics/Lakers matchups, well, they're blind and you've got to feel bad for those people.

It's funny how the officiating was piss poor for 6 games, being so stiff on the smallest flop - They made damn sure that it went to a game 7. Yet magically, game 7 was officiated so differently. I wonder if it's because the NBA just wanted them to play, or if it's because the NBA conquered their job of making damn sure there was a 7th game?

Give me a break.

Not even close. The NBA is trying so hard to build LeBron up as the "poor guy that just can't win" until he finally makes it against an older Kobe for the win. Right now they're still milking the hell out of Lakers/Celtics.

It's really nothing that should surprise anyone. Lakers draw, Celtics draw, and the two combined draw. The two combined for a game 7, that's a no brainer. Obviously the NBA made sure it went 7 - I'm not saying they had a preferred team to win, but it was pretty obvious they wanted this series to go 7.

..the same way the NBA made sure Celtics/Orlando went 6. They needed to get more revenue and ratings out of it, so they made sure it went 6. They didn't want it to go 7, because they wanted to make sure the Celtics won (they didn't want it to be a possibility of the Orlando Magic winning the series). This stuff to me is a no brainer, and there are MANY people who share feelings such as these. This is why it's so difficult to fall in love with NBA. I love basketball, but the NBA is just a mafia.

Cool story bro.

tredigs
06-18-2010, 03:41 PM

Give me a break.

You're still fairly young, and by default dumb -- so I'll forgive your ignorance. But there are so many misnomers in your post that it's not even worth critiquing. And the fact that you have such a strong belief on the matter would only be an exercise in futility.

I'll leave you a few things to think over, though:

#1: Were these not the two best teams in the post-season, and deserving of making the finals?

#2: Did the best team not win every game in this series? Was there a game that you think absolutely would have gone in another direction had the calls gone differently?

#3: Explaining how many championships that these teams have is ridiculous and completely missing the point. THESE FRANCHISES HAVE HAD THE BEST PLAYERS/COACHES throughout NBA history, you _______.

I'm assuming you think MLB is rigged due to the inordinate amount of times that the Yankees have won the series, and that todays World Cup game was fixed because the ref blew a call on the US's goal, correct?

Basketball has SO MANY quick/iffy calls that occur during the course of the game that it is impossible not to get a handful of them wrong, so conspiracy kids like yourself will always have fuel for the fire. Which is fine, live your life in constant fear/hatred, but I can tell you that from a business perspective that the risks of running a business where they try to deceive the fans far outweigh any possible ratings boosts that they receive from an extra few games that may or may not have occurred had they not tampered.

In closing, you are still a tool.

Knowledge
06-18-2010, 03:58 PM
NBA finals vs World Cup? :rolleyes:

_KB24_
06-18-2010, 04:03 PM
You're still fairly young, and by default dumb -- so I'll forgive your ignorance. But there are so many misnomers in your post that it's not even worth critiquing. And the fact that you have such a strong belief on the matter would only be an exercise in futility.

#1: Were these not the two best teams in the post-season, and deserving of making the finals?

#2: Did the best team not win every game in this series? Was there a game that you think absolutely would have gone in another direction had the calls gone differently?

#3: Explaining how many championships that these teams have is ridiculous and completely missing the point. THESE FRANCHISES HAVE HAD THE BEST PLAYERS/COACHES throughout NBA history, you _______.

I'm assuming you think MLB is rigged due to the inordinate amount of times that the Yankees have won the series, and that todays World Cup game was fixed because the ref blew a call on the US's goal, correct?

Basketball has SO MANY quick/iffy calls that occur during the course of the game that it is impossible not to get a handful of them wrong, so conspiracy kids like yourself will always have fuel for the fire. Which is fine, live your life in constant fear/hatred, but I can tell you that from a business perspective that the risks of running a business where they try to deceive the fans far outweigh any possible ratings boosts that they receive from an extra few games that may or may not have occurred had they not tampered.

I've never agreed with you, and still think your a tool, but damn.

Spot on.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 04:19 PM
You're still fairly young, and by default dumb -- so I'll forgive your ignorance. But there are so many misnomers in your post that it's not even worth critiquing.
1) Starting off a post with a bait and an attack, all the while telling me I'm young and dumb only tells me that you're not very mature yourself. Nice way to start it off. Can't wait to read through the rest.

I guess you missed the 21 to 7 ratio in FT's in the 4th qtr :laugh2:

Yes, the refs pretty much decided these games. The officating, as usual, was flat out awful. I was so shocked to see them let the players play physical for 3 quarters in Game 7 - And magically, with the physical play, the Lakers could not match the Celtics. But 4th quarter came along, and suddenly the Celtics are playing awful defense and getting the Lakers to the FT line at that pace? Give me a break.

Yes, I refuse to believe that the refs were fair and did not aid BOTH TEAMS throughout the Finals AND the rest of the Playoffs. They wanted the Celtics and Lakers.

This does not change the fact that these two times have combined to appear in 52 NBA Finals through the history. They've each deserved many of them; But it's pretty obvious that the NBA made sure in the 80's that they saw Bird vs. Magic, and it's pretty evident in 2008 and 2010 that they needed to see Celtics/Lakers again.

Well, considering I don't give a crap about soccer as that's not a real sport, I have no comment. As for the Yankees, that team has blown everyone by historically with their players. I do not think the MLB is fixed, nor NFL or the NHL. NBA on the other hand, I give a big LOL for anyone that tries so hard to defend it. For anyone that can give a straight face and say those refs do a great job, or the best job they can, especially after the whole betting incident a few years ago, then I've got no use talking to you.

There's not a word on Earth that could convince me that these is not SOME TYPE of fix in the NBA. I'm not saying that the NBA said "Lakers MUST win in game 7!" But I am saying that the NBA absolutely made sure home teams consistently got the calls, extending the series as much as possible. They want to get their money's worth.

Basketball has SO MANY quick/iffy calls that occur during the course of the game that it is impossible not to get a handful of them wrong, so conspiracy kids like yourself will always have fuel for the fire.
And those that jump on the back of the NBA and love them to the death are the ones that refuse to believe the NBA is a complete joke. Watching as much basketball as I have, there is no doubt that there are MANY calls given certain ones to appease the fans and appease the 'greater good' - Usually getting the series to go longer.

Which is fine, live your life in constant fear/hatred,
I love picking apart a response, and finding silly snide remarks. The best thing is that you've never met me, probably don't even know my real name, and yet it's as if you think you know me. Great stuff.

but I can tell you that from a business perspective that the risks of running a business where they try to deceive the fans far outweigh any possible ratings boosts that they receive from an extra few games that may or may not have occurred had they not tampered.
Not even close. I know the NBA is fixing things to make sure certain series' go extra games, and yet I STILL tune in. That makes me an idiot, and that's exactly what the NBA knows. They know that MANY people, regardless of if they're smart or not, will be stupid enough to follow the games even if they feel their is something fishy up. They can cover it up by basically saying the garbage you're saying - It's so fast paced that it's hard to get all the calls right. That's funny.

To start and end a response with remarks like this, again, only tells me the maturity level.

awmathewsjr
06-18-2010, 04:19 PM
you're still fairly young, and by default dumb -- so i'll forgive your ignorance. But there are so many misnomers in your post that it's not even worth critiquing. And the fact that you have such a strong belief on the matter would only be an exercise in futility.

#3: Explaining how many championships that these teams have is ridiculous and completely missing the point. These franchises have had the best players/coaches throughout nba history, you _______.

I'm assuming you think mlb is rigged due to the inordinate amount of times that the yankees have won the series, and that todays world cup game was fixed because the ref blew a call on the us's goal, correct?

Basketball has so many quick/iffy calls that occur during the course of the game that it is impossible not to get a handful of them wrong, so conspiracy kids like yourself will always have fuel for the fire. Which is fine, live your life in constant fear/hatred, but i can tell you that from a business perspective that the risks of running a business where they try to deceive the fans far outweigh any possible ratings boosts that they receive from an extra few games that may or may not have occurred had they not tampered.

go ahead, tell em how you really feel. Lol

tredigs
06-18-2010, 04:25 PM
^Haha, "Tragedy" -- When you post with ignorance and attack the integrity of the game without an even reasonable argument to back up your story besides "FT attempts" (which is by far the most misleading way to gauge how a game was officiated), you will be treated as such. I have no interest in showing respect to posters like yourself, I'm sorry.

But again, I'm not going to bother critiquing your misnomers, you are far too entrenched in the idea of a conspiracy theory to have a rational, logical argument. Said my piece, have a good one.

awmathewsjr
06-18-2010, 04:27 PM
1) starting off a post with a bait and an attack, all the while telling me i'm young and dumb only tells me that you're not very mature yourself. Nice way to start it off. Can't wait to read through the rest.

I guess you missed the 21 to 7 ratio in ft's in the 4th qtr :laugh2:

Yes, the refs pretty much decided these games. The officating, as usual, was flat out awful. I was so shocked to see them let the players play physical for 3 quarters in game 7 - and magically, with the physical play, the lakers could not match the celtics. But 4th quarter came along, and suddenly the celtics are playing awful defense and getting the lakers to the ft line at that pace? Give me a break.

Yes, i refuse to believe that the refs were fair and did not aid both teams throughout the finals and the rest of the playoffs. They wanted the celtics and lakers.

This does not change the fact that these two times have combined to appear in 52 nba finals through the history. They've each deserved many of them; but it's pretty obvious that the nba made sure in the 80's that they saw bird vs. Magic, and it's pretty evident in 2008 and 2010 that they needed to see celtics/lakers again.

Well, considering i don't give a crap about soccer as that's not a real sport, i have no comment. As for the yankees, that team has blown everyone by historically with their players. I do not think the mlb is fixed, nor nfl or the nhl. Nba on the other hand, i give a big lol for anyone that tries so hard to defend it. For anyone that can give a straight face and say those refs do a great job, or the best job they can, especially after the whole betting incident a few years ago, then i've got no use talking to you.

There's not a word on earth that could convince me that these is not some type of fix in the nba. I'm not saying that the nba said "lakers must win in game 7!" but i am saying that the nba absolutely made sure home teams consistently got the calls, extending the series as much as possible. They want to get their money's worth.

And those that jump on the back of the nba and love them to the death are the ones that refuse to believe the nba is a complete joke. Watching as much basketball as i have, there is no doubt that there are many calls given certain ones to appease the fans and appease the 'greater good' - usually getting the series to go longer.

I love picking apart a response, and finding silly snide remarks. The best thing is that you've never met me, probably don't even know my real name, and yet it's as if you think you know me. Great stuff.

Not even close. I know the nba is fixing things to make sure certain series' go extra games, and yet i still tune in. That makes me an idiot, and that's exactly what the nba knows. They know that many people, regardless of if they're smart or not, will be stupid enough to follow the games even if they feel their is something fishy up. They can cover it up by basically saying the garbage you're saying - it's so fast paced that it's hard to get all the calls right. That's funny.

To start and end a response with remarks like this, again, only tells me the maturity level.

good comeback. You two guys are more intersting than the actual game

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Makes sense. Bait at the beginning, bait at the end, then do not respond.

I like it.

Movin on now.

Avenged
06-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Tredigs vs. Tragedy

:box:

Mike Oxlong
06-18-2010, 04:38 PM
I am just glad the season is over so I don't have to hear about it anymore.

dre1990
06-18-2010, 05:08 PM
I was there, and it was worth every penny to go. great game

GspLAL
06-18-2010, 05:16 PM
I don't think it's so much the fouls were called, but for the first 3 quarters they let them play then they got whistle happy in the 4th. Most of them were clearly fouls and the lakers were definitely more aggressive in the 4th, but they were letting them be physical all game then the bad calls in the 4th went against the celtics and for the lakers.

Go watch the game, most if not all of them were fouls. What about the possibility that Celtics got fatigued and were messing up defensive assignments which led to fouling? No one wants to think about that?

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2010, 07:51 PM
It was an amazing game. The comeback and the 4th quarter was hotly contested and close throughout.

Verbal Christ
06-18-2010, 09:24 PM
great game, boston had it, ridiculous defense on both ends and as much as i wince while i type this kobe is lucky that ron artest was there to save the day.

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2010, 10:18 PM
I guess you missed the 21 to 7 ratio in FT's in the 4th qtr :laugh2:

Yes, the refs pretty much decided these games. The officating, as usual, was flat out awful. I was so shocked to see them let the players play physical for 3 quarters in Game 7 - And magically, with the physical play, the Lakers could not match the Celtics. But 4th quarter came along, and suddenly the Celtics are playing awful defense and getting the Lakers to the FT line at that pace? Give me a break.

Look at the Celtics and Lakers as teams.

The Lakers have Kobe Bryant. A player who constantly attacked the basket in the 4th quarter and the Celtics double/triple team this player and many times handcheck him. They have Pau Gasol. A low-post presence who attacks the middle of the paint and has an advantage over any Celtic player playing in Game 7. The Lakers have Lamar Odom who was attacking the basket.

The Celtics have Ray Allen. A jumpshooter. Rajon Rondo. A guy who was guarded by Kobe Bryant who played off of him by 10 feet and prevented dribble penetration. Kevin Garnett. A jumpshooter at this stage. Paul Pierce. A guy who was guarded by Ron Artest who completely dominated him and prevented dribble penetration.

The Lakers deserved their free-throws. No doubt about it. NO DOUBT. They have players who attack the paint and were uber aggressive in that 4th quarter. The Celtics were jump-shooting and were desperate near the end throwing up three pointers. In the end, the Celtics did not attack the paint and do not have the players who have the ability to do so.

The Lakers deserved their free-throw advantage and their was no foul play by the NBA or Stern. If anything, Laker fans can cite Game 2 (off KG, but called off Pau) or Game 5 (the shot violation game), but in the end, officials are human.

Stop tearing up. The Lakers were the better team and they proved it. They are the deserved 2010 NBA Champions.

heathonater
06-19-2010, 04:43 AM
it was an exciting game, but my brother made a great point in that the spurs and pistons had similar defensive minded games, yet people viewed that series as a boredom fest. it shows that the lakers and celtics will always draw more fans, but this is not the first time we have seen a great defensive and physical game.

The Raven
06-19-2010, 07:43 AM
It was an amazing game. what a defensive battle that was. You could see that every player was leaving everything they had out there on the court. gave everything they had and more. On the verge of exhaustion, both teams playing the best defense i have seen all year. It wasnt the prettiest of games but imo it was a classic.

sventhedog
06-19-2010, 08:26 AM
let's admit the truth that most fans expect dunking and flying on the court. a lot less would appreciate defense.

Raoul Duke
06-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Good game, good series. I liked that it was competitive and both teams were obviously focused on defense. I thought the Pistons/Spurs series in '05 was less entertaining because there were a few games that weren't very close.

I kinda got caught up in the hype of wanting to see Kobe have a huge game and hit all the clutch shots, so in that respect I was a little disappointed.

Tragedy
06-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Look at the Celtics and Lakers as teams.

The Lakers have Kobe Bryant. A player who constantly attacked the basket in the 4th quarter and the Celtics double/triple team this player and many times handcheck him. They have Pau Gasol. A low-post presence who attacks the middle of the paint and has an advantage over any Celtic player playing in Game 7. The Lakers have Lamar Odom who was attacking the basket.

The Celtics have Ray Allen. A jumpshooter. Rajon Rondo. A guy who was guarded by Kobe Bryant who played off of him by 10 feet and prevented dribble penetration. Kevin Garnett. A jumpshooter at this stage. Paul Pierce. A guy who was guarded by Ron Artest who completely dominated him and prevented dribble penetration.

The Lakers deserved their free-throws. No doubt about it. NO DOUBT. They have players who attack the paint and were uber aggressive in that 4th quarter. The Celtics were jump-shooting and were desperate near the end throwing up three pointers. In the end, the Celtics did not attack the paint and do not have the players who have the ability to do so.

The Lakers deserved their free-throw advantage and their was no foul play by the NBA or Stern. If anything, Laker fans can cite Game 2 (off KG, but called off Pau) or Game 5 (the shot violation game), but in the end, officials are human.

Stop tearing up. The Lakers were the better team and they proved it. They are the deserved 2010 NBA Champions.
Don't act like "Laker fans can site this game bla bla bla" because that's a bunch of BS. You act like KG didn't get a 3 second with 20 on the shot clock. I guess you'll also ignore Gasol's travel in game 7 that they ended up calling a foul against the Celtics. Lets also ignore the fact that KG had a three point play in Game 7, but instead they said it wasn't in the act.

Sorry fans, but I refuse to believe the NBA is a clean league. After Tim Donaghy, I refuse to believe it was an isolated incident. I look at Crawford and just laugh my *** off, knowing that he is easily the next person that should be targeted with investigations on cheating.

This is not to say that I'm saying "The NBA gave it to the Lakers, wah!" It's a matter of the WHOLE league. I think the league, as a whole, is run like a god damn mafia. It makes me sick that people think it's run fine and that there are just 'human errors'. It's a lot of crap, and I think there are so many games where the team with the star gets the preferred treatment - That INCLUDES the Celtics, no doubt about it.

Even me, as a person who obviously would never root for the Lakers, said that the Lakers were getting screwed with some calls against the Suns.

montazingmvp
06-19-2010, 04:30 PM
NBA finals vs World Cup? :rolleyes:

your eye rolling is not warranted...america is not the only country in the world...lets see how the world cup did in comparison to the nba finals all over the world...

and we're only in the group stages...wouldn't even be close bro

Raidaz4Life
06-19-2010, 04:32 PM
The first three quarters were solid but the 4th was pretty meh.

Cammy13
06-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Watched every minute of it, from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Cammy13
06-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Kobe is by far the most talented player I've ever seen, grew up watching him and he has shown what it means to climb to the top of the world. Kobe's the man!