PDA

View Full Version : Ramirez to rehab in Peoria -- Will be activated before White Sox series

croce_99
06-18-2010, 03:12 AM
ESPNChicago (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=5298294)

Chicago Cubs third baseman Aramis Ramirez, suffering from a bruised right thumb, will begin a rehabilitation stint on Saturday with Class A Peoria.

Ramirez will be eligible to come off the disabled list on Wednesday.

Ramirez has been bothered by the injury for the past three weeks. He is suffering through the worst season of his career, hitting .168 with five home runs and and 22 RBIs in 179 at-bats.

Ramirez missed 80 games in 2009 with a left shoulder separation.

Ramirez is striking out at a record pace for him with 45 strikeouts in 47 games. His .285 slugging percentage is the lowest on the team.

Captain Obvious
06-18-2010, 03:50 AM
That would be an awesome Father's Day Present...

Vandelay16
06-18-2010, 04:45 AM
Can he stay down there until he learns how to hit again?

BDawk4Prez
06-18-2010, 08:38 AM
:pray:

Please come back as the good Ramirez!!

thawv
06-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Great news! We get to add a lazy, .168 hitter to the middle of the lineup. Huge help!

croce_99
06-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Update- (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37862685/ns/sports-player_news/)

Aramis Ramirez will not return from the disabled list until this weekend's interleague series against the White Sox.

Ramirez declared himself ready to go after he went 1-for-6 over two rehab games with Class-A Peoria this weekend, but the Cubs apparently want to see more. The struggling third baseman has been sidelined since June 7 due to a bruised left thumb.

croce_99
06-22-2010, 09:53 PM
1-6 at SINGLE 'A' Peoria and he says he's ready :laugh: :laugh:

I don't care if his thumb feels great......you don't bring him up until he puts the bat on the ball.

toovey107
06-22-2010, 09:58 PM
I really don't think his minor league numbers mean anything, whole different dynamic and we haven"t even seen how he's looked at the plate.

croce_99
06-22-2010, 10:01 PM
I really don't think his minor league numbers mean anything, whole different dynamic and we haven"t even seen how he's looked at the plate.

1-6 against single 'A' pitchers is enough for me.

Sunday he went 1-3 with an RBI/Walk/Strikeout
Saturday he went 0-3 with a Walk/Strikeout

2 strikeouts in 2 games for single 'A'.... :pity:

Ron!n
06-23-2010, 02:25 AM
1-6 against single 'A' pitchers is enough for me.

Sunday he went 1-3 with an RBI/Walk/Strikeout
Saturday he went 0-3 with a Walk/Strikeout

2 strikeouts in 2 games for single 'A'.... :pity:
He walked twice :shrug:

theSPECIALKID
06-23-2010, 03:02 AM
LMAO at 1-6 in single A

A-Ram has fallen off hard....

scrubs101
06-23-2010, 10:30 AM
Typical Aramis injury.......out 3+ weeks with a bruised thumb, awesome.

not that we miss him but...

Jilly Bohnson
06-23-2010, 11:18 AM
LMAO at 1-6 in single A

After not playing for two weeks

windycityD
06-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Hope that A Ram in 2011 is the back in black A Ram we've known and loved since Aug 2003, because that 2010 opt out clause wont be invoked.

cheerio
06-23-2010, 12:36 PM
LMAO at 1-6 in single A

give him time

windycityD
06-23-2010, 02:20 PM
give him time

Really, so far, this is his first down season as a Cub. Sure, DL time is always in the mix with him, but like you, I feel he'll be way less an issue as time goes by, even if it takes him the whole second half to rebound.

2011 is a bridge season imo. I hope A Ram crosses it as a Cub and let the chips fall where they may, whether we have a good season or a good trade chip come July 2011.

northsider
06-23-2010, 03:16 PM
I will be honest this situation has been about as baffling for me about any player as I can think of in a while. I can't believe how bad a proven hitter like Aram is struggling. Even last year when he returned from his DL stint while he wasn't crushing HR's he was still hitting the ball.

BigRoy
06-23-2010, 03:47 PM
I figured it out...Aram is playing bad on purpose this year that way he can get comeback player of the year next year!!!!

Brad IBCB
06-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Really, so far, this is his first down season as a Cub. Sure, DL time is always in the mix with him, but like you, I feel he'll be way less an issue as time goes by, even if it takes him the whole second half to rebound.

2011 is a bridge season imo. I hope A Ram crosses it as a Cub and let the chips fall where they may, whether we have a good season or a good trade chip come July 2011.

I think that is going to be the scenario for next season.

EDIT: Meaning, whether the team is competitive next year will determine if he will be traded for prospects or stick around and possibly make a move to first.

Tehjosha
06-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Let's hope that the time off has helped Rammy both physically and mentally. Face it, he needed a break.

If we don't want to become sellers here in about a month, we need Rammy to be Rammy. Honestly, I'm not even sure that he will be enough to get this team going.

Brad IBCB
06-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Let's hope that the time off has helped Rammy both physically and mentally. Face it, he needed a break.

If we don't want to become sellers here in about a month, we need Rammy to be Rammy. Honestly, I'm not even sure that he will be enough to get this team going.

Honestly, the way I see it, Aramis returning to form isn't enough. This team needs consistency throughout.

windycityD
06-23-2010, 05:37 PM
I think that is going to be the scenario for next season.

EDIT: Meaning, whether the team is competitive next year will determine if he will be traded for prospects or stick around and possibly make a move to first.

When I say bridge year, I do not mean as a result of a near total blow up this season/ off season. I mean our own youth/ specs brought along more, along with ones we may very well land from other orgs for what we may deal off this season and/ or next season. I think you could very easily make the argument that a "right" A Ram in 2011 would make our lot significantly better offensively.

IMHO, 2012 could be a very good season for us going forward if this organization can (continue) to right itself, make the right moves, have another solid draft, get young arms like Cashner & Jackson real mlb experience, and have some more development success & luck down below w/ current specs. Winning the division is one thing. Building a team that can do damage in it for years and beyond is what I hope will be the ultimate goal. Selectively tossing money around did not work for McPhail at all here, and more liberally under Hendry, we've seen a mixed bag of results. The big diff between the McFail years through Hednry and now is that we have some potential bright spots coming down the pike if this **** is played out right.

Brad IBCB
06-23-2010, 07:44 PM
I totally agree. I was just saying that I think next season will determine whether Rami will continue to be a presence in our lineup beyond 2011 or not.

If the Cubs can continue to draft well, give some of our top notch prospects some MLB experience, and sign a few key (and what I mean by key isn't giving names like Fielder/Gonzalez a billion dollars) free agents, we could be looking at a strong, young core of players that would keep us in the running for years.

Let's just hope all the right moves are made.