PDA

View Full Version : Is Derek Fisher...

jmb8311
06-18-2010, 01:51 AM
Alright, so Derek Fisher has obviously never been the number one or two option on the Lakers. However, he was the third leading scorer for those early teams (if my memory is correct) and has now won his fifth NBA championship. Are the titles enough to merit Hall of Fame consideration, despite his average career numbers?

Chill_Will_24
06-18-2010, 01:54 AM
i doubt it. I wish they would put him in thou. He has hit big shot thruout his career and is as classy as they come. Also i dont think the Lakers could have done it without him. But no, i dont think he will be in the HOF

GOON MUSIC
06-18-2010, 01:55 AM
enough for the arkansas hall of fame

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-18-2010, 01:56 AM
are you kidding me?

iggypop123
06-18-2010, 01:56 AM
are you drunk? no

bigsams50
06-18-2010, 01:57 AM
NO. Role players dont make into the Hall

JNA17
06-18-2010, 01:59 AM
ummmm....I'm not sure if i should say then don't watch, or just...walk away.

x_notorious
06-18-2010, 01:59 AM
If Scott, Cooper, Horry, Fox etc. aren't Hall of Famers, neither should Fisher. He's been a clutch championship player that knows how to win but he's simply a role player.

Rego247
06-18-2010, 02:18 AM
are you drunk? no

i laughed the hardest with this response so i would have to agree. lol.

great role player, thats about it. congrats to him though

dre1990
06-18-2010, 02:18 AM
No hall. but I think de deserved to get his number retired

what54!?
06-18-2010, 02:19 AM
no doesn't have the numbers

GspLAL
06-18-2010, 02:21 AM
He's not a HOF but his intangibles are unmatched by anyone. Sasha called him "El Presidente" because of his great speeches during timeouts.

kblo247
06-18-2010, 03:29 AM
I love the guy but as of now no.

It isn't out the realm of possibility though if he does something after basketball. He can realistically be the next Lakers coach, a broadcaster, or even the commissioner.

The player alone simply won't make it there, but the door isn't closed yet because he can very well do something to get there after the fact.

rhino17
06-18-2010, 03:31 AM
He is a role player

i doubt it. I wish they would put him in thou. He has hit big shot thruout his career and is as classy as they come. Also i dont think the Lakers could have done it without him. But no, i dont think he will be in the HOF

He's hardly classy

dodie53
06-18-2010, 03:33 AM
no.

VIP1349
06-18-2010, 04:15 AM
Class Act one of the best people this game's ever seen but I just don't see it happening.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-18-2010, 09:29 AM
No, but he will be remembered at least. This guy more than any other role player hits more threes than anyone else at the most crucial times. Its amazing how he performs when the clock is winding down. His three pointer yesterday to tie the game was the biggest turning point of the game and hes done similar things countless times. I like him, but definitely not HOF worthy.

stealth33
06-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Only role player(over the last 15) years that I can remember who deserves HOF consideration:

Horry

Fisher is 1/3 of Horry. I mean...Horry made the last 3 games of the Spurs/Pistons finals actually exciting (regardless of what people say about that series being boring I thought it was actually good...)

Now that takes quite a man to make Spurs/Pistons exciting. Come on!

Fish should be considered for jersey retirement since he was a memorable Laker with 5 rings and was definitely a leader.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2010, 09:39 AM
lol, heck no. dude is trash

PrettyBoyJ
06-18-2010, 10:07 AM
UHhh I dont think so, lol the way they calculate the requirements allstar appearances count, mayb an all nba team.. something that would solidify your place but besides the rings he really doesnt have any of that.. It would be nice, but I think Ron Artest has a better shot and he prob doesnt even have a real one but Fish good man, but not a HOFer.. Kobe is and mayb Pau will get the nod

GSW Hoops
06-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Anyone think Fish has a chance to be a great NBA coach in the future?

Chronz
06-18-2010, 11:37 AM
There is alot of sanity in here

RaiderLakersA's
06-18-2010, 11:53 AM
No HOF for Fisher, but he'll always be considered one of my favorite Lakers of all time.

Reyes6
06-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Class Act one of the best people this game's ever seen but I just don't see it happening.

Typing "Fisher Scola" in Youtube happens to disagree. :rolleyes:

dbroncos78087
06-18-2010, 12:15 PM
He fits into a similar class as Robert Horry, great role player and clutch player, but not a HOFer.

JNA17
06-18-2010, 12:17 PM
lol, heck no. dude is trash

i know your angry that amare is leaving, but don't take your anger out on something so childish and just plain wrong.

fadedmario
06-18-2010, 12:25 PM
He won't make the hall of fame. But he is one of the most clutch performers in the history of the NBA. That 3 he hit last night to tie it at 64 was the turning point in the game.

JasonJohnHorn
06-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Fisher is like Kobe's Scottie Pippen, not in that he puts up those numbers, but that he is in the trenches with Kobe, Kobe respects him, like Jordan respected Pippen, and Fisher is the only one besides Phil Jackson that can tell Kobe what to do on the floor and get his head back in the game when he's drifting away from the set plays. Jordan and Kobe both have huge egos and both were the best shooting guards of their generation, so its tempting to try and do it all yourself, but it was guys like Pippen and Fisher that kept these guys from getting out of control.

Is he a HOFer? I would think HOF voters would say no. He was seldom the third option on the team, Glen Rice, Ron Harper, rick Fox, Robert Horry, Horace Grant, JR Rider, all were posting higher averages than him a differnet points of the 2000-2002 Lakers squad, though Fisher did at times in the playoffs or regular season have the third highest scoring average, there was the matter of minutes. He got more minutes than some guys off the bench, but when guys like Shaw, or Medevenko, Deavon George and even Tyrone Lue came off the bench, they were getting shot opprotunities above Fisher, but that is in part because he is an unselfish player and makes the extra pass.

He's hit some big game winner, and big momentum shots, but I'm not sure that Fisher would get HOF status. I wouldnt mind seeing him in there. I think Horry should be in there, not just for the sheer number of titles he has, but also because of the big games winners he's hit, so if I think Horry should be in then I suppose Fisher is deserving to, but I'm not sure voters will see it like that.

The HOF for me is for people who are special. People who excell at their role, whatever that role might be. There are high school coaches and NCAA officials and female and international players most people have never heard of, and owners and manager/GMs that are in there along with guys like Magic, Russell, Chamberlain and Bird, so if all those folks get in for being the best at their particular roles, then i think guys like Horry and fisher, who have excelled at their jobs are deserving of a place in the HOF.

The Raven
06-19-2010, 08:05 AM
as much as i love fisher, no way in hell

JayAllDay
06-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Is Robert Horry a hall of famer?

sventhedog
06-19-2010, 08:40 AM
you should've asked horry before you posted this.