PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace stood outside the Refs office after the game

JordansBulls
06-18-2010, 01:43 AM
Rasheed Wallace stood outside the Refs office after the game waiting to talk to them.

Did anyone catch that?

TheGsw
06-18-2010, 01:50 AM
Lmao.

xKnicksFanDanx
06-18-2010, 01:51 AM
its pointless lakers won the hard fought game

robdizzle3
06-18-2010, 01:57 AM
Im not suprised, because the guy is always whining about something. He just goes the extra mile to yell at the refs all the time.

what54!?
06-18-2010, 01:58 AM
I love rasheed

tonyd3b54
06-18-2010, 02:00 AM
haha love sheed...id do the same... if i were the celtics and the lakers i would team up(thats right join forces) and give the refs the beatin of their life for such a HORRIBLY officiated finals... it was just awful...

hugepatsfan
06-18-2010, 02:02 AM
All the hating, but this is actually the right thing to do. if he had a problem with the officials, I have no issue with him expressing it LIKE THIS. In private, not running around in a tirade like a moron.

GspLAL
06-18-2010, 02:10 AM
Rasheed would hack somebody across the arm and still complain, he has no credibility.

still1ballin
06-18-2010, 02:12 AM
Give him a tech joey!

Grizzly Adams
06-18-2010, 02:16 AM
Maybe he was just telling the refs they could sleep comfortably if the retirement rumors are true. ;)

iggypop123
06-18-2010, 02:19 AM
it was reported by the beat writers but it wasnt on tv.

jackdawson
06-18-2010, 02:28 AM
Rasheed would hack somebody across the arm and still complain, he has no credibility.

True, as long as he is not a laker:rolleyes:

More-Than-Most
06-18-2010, 02:29 AM
The refs were terrible on both sides of the ball all series. I have to give credit where it is due... they might have missed a few in game 7 but they did not allow the whistle to determine who the better team was... THEY LET THEM PLAY. That is what made this game satisfying. It was a boring finals for me and one of the most boring games 7s I have ever seen but they allowed the better team to win. Sheed should be back there thanking the officials as should everyone else because they let them play and that gets lost in all sports as of late. When you walk away from this series you don't think about a missed call here or a missed call there... You think about the defensive domination in the 4th quarter that helped the lakers win this series... Or The endless Hustle by Rondo... or the emergence of KG or fisher hitting another monster 3 when it counted most. Think about big games in sports as of late... The lakers/Suns series... To much officiating... The Saints/Vikings series... To much officiating. The Flyers/Blackhawks Series... To much officiating. That all being said I :clap: the refs for allowing the better team to win the game.

Lakerfan8032
06-18-2010, 02:30 AM
He never stops complaining. What can he hope to achieve with this?

JNA17
06-18-2010, 02:32 AM
So I'm guessing it's gonna go down like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxNNV6Jl2DQ

still1ballin
06-18-2010, 02:33 AM
LOS ANGELES -- As Celtics coach Doc Rivers sat at the podium suggesting Rasheed Wallace might have played his final game of his career on Thursday, the 15-year veteran stood outside the locker room of the game officials trying to talk to a group which has been intertwined with much of his career.

It wasn't clear if he was trying to discuss the calls that went against Boston in its Game 7 loss to the Lakers in the NBA Finals.

More on the Celtics

Keep on top of the Green with ESPNBoston.com's Chris Forsberg. Blog

• Send Chris a question

Wallace exited the Boston locker room before it opened to the media and navigated his way toward the team bus before diverting to the official's locker room nearby. He managed to open the door and talk with an unidentified person behind the door, before arena and NBA security ushered him back out.

Wallace stuck his head into the locker room and appeared to say, "Danny, I just want to talk," possibly to referee Danny Crawford, but quickly got removed from the room.

Wallace, wearing sunglasses and carrying his gear, waited about five minutes outside the official's locker room guarded by arena security before departing for the team bus without talking to the officials or media nearby.

The security guard outside the official's locker room declined to comment. Another security guard asked if Wallace had made contact with referee Joey Crawford and was informed that Joey Crawford had already left the area before Wallace arrived.

Wallace did not appear confrontational and repeated that he just wanted to talk. The all-time NBA leader in technical fouls never got the opportunity.

Wallace, who made a spot start in place of injured Kendrick Perkins, registered 11 points, eight rebounds, two blocks, and two assists over 36 gutsy minutes. With Boston trailing 79-76, Wallace fouled out with 25 seconds remaining when whistled for a shooting foul on Kobe Bryant.

Bryant made the free throws that proved to be the difference in an 83-79 triumph in the title contest.

Rivers heaped praise on Wallace for his efforts and suggested it might have been his final NBA game.

"He was a warrior," Rivers said. "I don't know if Rasheed will ever play again. You know, he's one of them. I think he took that out on the floor with him. I think he is thinking about retiring, and I thought you could see that in his play. He was dying out there. When he got the cramps and the strains, he was just trying to figure out a way of staying on the floor.

"We had to keep subbing him for one minute and two minutes, and I thought the reason we got up early was because of Rasheed Wallace. We got it low in the post, he started scoring, and I thought what happened was late in the game he got tired and had the injuries and we couldn't go down anymore, and I think that had a huge impact on how we were playing. We had to go away from the post almost because of fatigue. It's the first time all year that you can actually say, at the end of the day, we were old at the end of the game because we didn't have a enough bodies. I thought it hurt us."

Wallace signed a three-year, $19 million contract last offseason. He stands to make $6.3 million if he returns next season and $6.8 million in 2011-12.

Asked about Wallace's future, Kevin Garnett didn't sound optimistic about his return.

"Not a good one. ... I see a lot of myself in him and we have a lot of the same ties and a lot of the same characteristics," he said. "Both the class of '95 ... so for him to come in and give his thanks and his regards after a loss like this ... it was a difficult night."

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 03:45 AM
Well, if he's going to complain, it's better he do it after games than during the games when it can kill the team.

The thing that sucks about Rasheed is, for ever good foul they give him, they also give him a bad one. His name alone gives me a lot of extra fouls. He will NEVER get the benefit.

JordansBulls
06-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Rasheed played well that game though.

PrettyBoyJ
06-18-2010, 09:29 AM
lmao wow refs prob was scared to come out

stealth33
06-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Well, if he's going to complain, it's better he do it after games than during the games when it can kill the team.

The thing that sucks about Rasheed is, for ever good foul they give him, they also give him a bad one. His name alone gives me a lot of extra fouls. He will NEVER get the benefit.

It's what happens when you go absolutely nuts about a "blown call" when you clearly hack a players arms. He basically lost himself all credibility by arguing calls that are no-brainers.

It sucks, but yelling and abusing the guys who you want something from is never a smart idea, even if they are supposed to block that stuff out and make the right call every time. Jumping around and screaming like an animal mating call does not help his cause.

GSW Hoops
06-18-2010, 12:36 PM

This.

I don't mind a player complaining when he has a legit case, but Rasheed cries after every single call.

gerber
06-18-2010, 12:39 PM

yeah, lol. i saw that also. was it kobe or artest he did that to?

fadedmario
06-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Boston fans should be proud of Sheed. He hates the regular season. That's why his numbers weren't the best during. He showed up for the Finals. He played very ****ing hard. Boston should tell Sheed to try to lose 10-15 pounds in the off-season and sign him for 1 more year. Boston might have another year left. I would draft a big with their 19th pick also. There will be some productive bigs left at 19. They could still beat the Cavs and the Magic next year in my opinion. Next year is their last shot with their current players. I think next year is LA's last shot too. Boston needs Sheed though. The refs did suck I don't blame him. But you can't discredit LA's title because of the refs, that's just making excuses. I felt the same way in 04-05 when the Piston's played a game 7 in San Antonio. The refs seem to take us right out of the game. There is a reason why team's want home court advantage. La had home court and it paid off. I thought game 7 was the best game I ever watched.

still1ballin
06-18-2010, 01:08 PM

Because he complains on mostly all calls even on the most obvious calls. I've seen plays where he was called for a foul and screams and yells and when you see the replay it was an obvious foul so how can refs give him the benefit of the doubt?

Dol-Fan
06-18-2010, 01:27 PM
All the hating, but this is actually the right thing to do. if he had a problem with the officials, I have no issue with him expressing it LIKE THIS. In private, not running around in a tirade like a moron.

Totally agree. But if he had a problem with the way games were being reffed, he should have done this earlier in the series instead of waiting until it didn't matter anymore. Instead, as you put so nicely, he ran around in a tirade like a moron all series and waited to be (hopefully) civil until after the series.

m26555
06-18-2010, 01:29 PM
I will add this: if Sheed does retire like some are saying, he was an extremely enjoyable player to watch. He had a great career.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Because he complains on mostly all calls even on the most obvious calls. I've seen plays where he was called for a foul and screams and yells and when you see the replay it was an obvious foul so how can refs give him the benefit of the doubt?
Because as I said, his name alone will always get him the extra fouls. There is no benefit for Rasheed. Even on times when he doesn't deserve a foul, they'll probably give him one because it's Rasheed. They're not going to help that guy at all - If it even SOMEWHAT looks like a foul, but turns out not to be, they'll call him on it. And they'll T him up as quick as anyone in the league, too.

And that's all his own fault. I'm not trying to help the guys case.

Jahari Kavi
06-18-2010, 01:31 PM
sheed does complain about everything, but officiating was bad in the 4th last night....outside of games 4,5, and 6 I thought the refs sucked this series....typical NBA though...........why is Joey Crawford still in the league???

Hellcrooner
06-18-2010, 01:31 PM
to complain bout what?

bouthackig every single posesion gaso lahd teh ball during the whole series and barely ever being called a foul for doing so?

still1ballin
06-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Because as I said, his name alone will always get him the extra fouls. There is no benefit for Rasheed. Even on times when he doesn't deserve a foul, they'll probably give him one because it's Rasheed. They're not going to help that guy at all - If it even SOMEWHAT looks like a foul, but turns out not to be, they'll call him on it. And they'll T him up as quick as anyone in the league, too.

And that's all his own fault. I'm not trying to help the guys case.

I disagree. Throw out the whole thing about his "name"

The guy has no credibility at all. He complains way too much especially when it is a clear cut foul and his running like a monkey yelling so how can the refs give him the benefit of the doubt when he is crying on almost every single play. The refs were actually lenient with him because with the way he was acting every time they called him for a foul, he could of easily been called for a tech but they let it go numerous times.

Point blank is you are not gonna get the benefit of the doubt by the refs if you complain on every call, either a good one or bad one.

Tragedy
06-18-2010, 01:48 PM
I disagree. Throw out the whole thing about his "name"

The guy has no credibility at all. He complains way too much especially when it is a clear cut foul and his running like a monkey yelling so how can the refs give him the benefit of the doubt when he is crying on almost every single play. The refs were actually lenient with him because with the way he was acting every time they called him for a foul, he could of easily been called for a tech but they let it go numerous times.

Point blank is you are not gonna get the benefit of the doubt by the refs if you complain on every call, either a good one or bad one.
That's exactly my point, how are you disagreeing with me?

My point is exactly what you're saying: Even if it's not a foul, they're still likely to call the foul on you even if it's a bad call. That's Rasheed's own undoing.

NYY NYJ NYK
06-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Not Surprised ... He would do something like that

sep11ie
06-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Yea, he got T'd up for it. The Lakers got to shoot a free throw 20 minutes after the game was over.

The Raven
06-19-2010, 08:03 AM
He probably went in to punch a ref out. Kidding aside, it didnt seem like he had bad intentions so they should of allowed him to speak

sventhedog
06-19-2010, 08:30 AM
this is just made up by the nba media. he was actually waiting for a friend.