PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Following LeBron to New York?

Fireworld
06-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Just when you thought two big names would be enough, the Diesel muscles and wobbles his way into the mix. In an interview on ESPN Radio, Stephen A. Smith has reported that LeBron has been using back channels to inquire about Donnie Walsh, Mike D’Antoni and the New York Knicks organization. These talks are intended to help LeBron get to do his background check on his future wife, before he goes out and buys the diamond, er, pen to sign.

C'mon Bron...Please??!!

The LeBron to New York talk isn’t anything new, but is Shaq really going to follow and settle for the veteran’s minimum, again feeling out of place in D’Antoni’s system? This is the type of noise coming from Screaming A. Stiff, and New York has become front-runners in the LeBron sweepstakes as well.

Don’t dismiss this too soon, as the Knicks are already accustomed to getting over-paid veterans. But, taking on the Diesel based on recommendations from LeBron, could only enhance the Knicks chances of landing the King n Co.

The bottom line is, the Knicks need a big man, Shaq is unemployed, and Stephen A. Smith believes this would be a one year deal, enabling the Knicks to still save money if they felt like spending in the 2011 free agency. Two expiring contracts in Curry and Shaq would literally take a load off the Knicks hands.

We all “witness”ed what happened in Cleveland with the Shaq experiment. They never used him enough, and when they did, he was playing power forward. During fourth quarters, Shaq was on the bench watching Varejao. Honestly, Varejao is just a less gangster Joakim Noah, and both of them aren’t nearly as effective in the clutch as Shaq would be.

LeBron knew Shaq should’ve played more, but Mike Brown AKA Mr. Potato Head, had no idea what to do with Shaq. Maybe this time around, a real coach could handle the Diesel a little better, especially after experimenting with him in Phoenix already once. If LeBron wants, he gets. If LeBron says no, then sorry Shaq, the answer is no.

The Diesel is from Newark, and was already quoted as wishing to come back to the Metropolitan Area. After all, who could resist a Bosh-LeBron combo and potential ring?

Right now, the Knicks seem really interested in Earl Barron who showed flashes of brilliance at the end of last season. Billy Walker has reportedly lost 10-15 pounds so far, and Wilson Chandler is on his return from surgery. The Knicks, for once, seem to be finding diamonds in the rough again. The last legit diamonds around New York were John Starks and Allan Houston. Maybe Jarvis Varnado is the next one.

This is the NBA, and sometimes “amazing” does happen—it’s just about time the Knicks were on the receiving end of some good fortune—with or without Shaq.

Mike Brown-out. Izzo-out. LeBron-out. Sorry Cleveland, it’s bed-time—light’s out.

http://ballhype.com/new/

HouRealCoach
06-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Shaq+D'Antoni = :pity:

drobe86
06-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Shaq is just d rider and follower. Some guys just dont understand that the ride is over. Shaqs one of them.... What a bum and a waste of space.

Fireworld
06-17-2010, 07:24 PM
shaq+d'antoni = :pity:

+1

DJ CHACH
06-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Just heard this on ESPN Radio from Stephen A Smith

Link (http://ballhype.com/new/)

scroll a little down to the article on Shaq following LeBron

it doesnt make sense, but its so crazy that it just might work

Any thoughts?

Is Stephen A just trying to get attention?

ko8e24
06-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Haha, now we have 2 threads on this, but Fireworld has the link.

McPeak92
06-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Shaq is just d rider and follower. Some guys just dont understand that the ride is over. Shaqs one of them.... What a bum and a waste of space.

God forbid he would want another ring and continue to play basketball. the bum.

BlkProphet79
06-17-2010, 07:32 PM

Not that I disagree with you but if you reread the article, it's saying that adding Shaq is a recommendation that is being proposed by Lebron James. Nowhere does it say that this is at Shaq's behest.

abe_froman
06-17-2010, 07:33 PM
wait,why would lebron want to play with shaq again???

Chronz
06-17-2010, 07:33 PM

why?

ManRam
06-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Okay, the link is banned, this isn't really a credible source either.

I'll leave it open because of Steven A. Smith...but I'm reluctant.

DJ CHACH
06-17-2010, 07:39 PM

if shaq is used the right way, then he could be good.....so many times, mike brown messed up with using shaq, and lebron was frustrated bc shaq couldve added alot, but he didnt wanna step on browns toes

brown is an idiot

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-17-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm already imagining in my head how Shaq will jack up threes in D'Antonis system!

The Jokemaker
06-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Makes sense to me. If he goes to the Knicks they could use Shaq to match up against the bigs of other teams.

boriquaabe
06-17-2010, 07:49 PM
God forbid he would want another ring and continue to play basketball. the bum.

They couldn't pay me enough money to play another year of professional basketball. I mean seriously who wants to make a few mil playing that stupid game. And that goes for Brett Farve and Jamie Moyer too. Give it up guys. It's over.

Hellcrooner
06-17-2010, 07:55 PM
makes no sense even if lebron and shaq and bosh or stou signed they dont have enough of a bench to win the ring.

shaq wants or needs more rings so he hsould just sign for vets minimum with Boston or with Lakers.

Slimsim
06-17-2010, 07:55 PM
wait bill walker lost 15 pounds Great news.

fadedmario
06-17-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm so sick of lebron. We find out in 2 weeks, quit making these threads

Dieselpi
06-17-2010, 08:03 PM
the knicks already have one big slow waste of space at the center position.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-17-2010, 08:04 PM
wait bill walker lost 15 pounds Great news.

Too bad it didn't happen with Eddy "One cheesburger please" Curry

Vinsane#15
06-17-2010, 08:06 PM
I don't know if this is a reliable source. How would you know whether or not they're telling the truth about what Stephen A Smith said. I still got LeBron to Nets.

D1JM
06-17-2010, 08:12 PM

So he can get a bentley for his birthday again!

NYK_kidd77
06-17-2010, 08:22 PM

Your right he lost more than 15 pounds.

Dieselpi
06-17-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't know if this is a reliable source. How would you know whether or not they're telling the truth about what Stephen A Smith said. I still got LeBron to Nets.

is your source reliable? :)

ive seen articles saying shaq wants to go to the nets

no source is reliable unless the source is the actual player being quoted.

NYK_kidd77
06-17-2010, 08:39 PM
is your source reliable? :)

ive seen articles saying shaq wants to go to the nets

no source is reliable unless the source is the actual player being quoted.

I agree. I saw the articles about shaq to the nets i think it said something about him having businesses there too.

Slimsim
06-17-2010, 08:40 PM

Curry losy some weight he just didn't get a chance under Mike D.

The Jokemaker
06-17-2010, 08:41 PM
If Lebron goes to the Knicks, why would Shaq go to the Nets over the Knicks? Does that honestly make any sense? Shaq is an old player with very few years left so why would he spend it on a Nets team that is years away instead of a title contender in NY with Lebron.

raidercincy
06-17-2010, 08:42 PM

Gee this sounds like the sorry Mavericks. Never won anything and never will. A cry baby owner and a sorry dumb team. What a Bum and waste of time Dallas mavericks NEVER WON ANYTHING NEVER NEVER NBEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER

D Roses Bulls
06-17-2010, 08:45 PM

I still don't believe lebron is going to new york. Stephan A only writes about knicks basketball, thats like all he knows so he probably just wanted to create some kind of steam for the team and himself.

NYK_kidd77
06-17-2010, 08:55 PM
I still don't believe lebron is going to new york. Stephan A only writes about knicks basketball, thats like all he knows so he probably just wanted to create some kind of steam for the team and himself.

You mean like the majority of writers/analysts lol.

Dieselpi
06-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Curry losy some weight he just didn't get a chance under Mike D.

because every time he touched the court he got injured.

ManningToTyree
06-17-2010, 09:02 PM

Varejao= less gangster Noah :clap:

Dieselpi
06-17-2010, 09:03 PM
i dont get how so many people can praise a player for getting into game shape.... isnt that part of the job? being physically able to perform your role? so he lost some weight, thats great... he should have never gotten that fat in the first place.

VinceCarter
06-17-2010, 09:51 PM
They couldn't pay me enough money to play another year of professional basketball. I mean seriously who wants to make a few mil playing that stupid game. And that goes for Brett Farve and Jamie Moyer too. Give it up guys. It's over.

Sarcasm? I'm 99% sure it is I just want to know because there are some idiots out there.

Nighthawk
06-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Shaq, Lebron, Another key Free agent could make NY contenders. Add in their young guys returning who played well twards the end of last season. Off season will be so damn interesting. Cant wait for July 1st

DJ CHACH
06-17-2010, 10:38 PM
here is the real link everyone

http://ballhype.com/blog/nba_primetime/

one of the top ones

Ill21
06-17-2010, 10:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?id=5298934&autoplay=1&callsign=ESPNRADIO

Here is the interview with him. fast forward to about 8 min

oak2455
06-17-2010, 10:54 PM
If Lebron goes to the Knicks, why would Shaq go to the Nets over the Knicks? Does that honestly make any sense? Shaq is an old player with very few years left so why would he spend it on a Nets team that is years away instead of a title contender in NY with Lebron.

But the Nets had 17 wins or maybe more:confused: and no John Wall:p

Nighthawk
06-17-2010, 11:04 PM
If your going to follow a player to what ever team he goes to Lebron is that guy. Hes so young, so mind blowingly talented and hasn't hit his prime yet. Hes primed for at least 1 ring.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-17-2010, 11:51 PM
july 8th

bkmikeyy
06-18-2010, 01:44 AM
Lebron is not going to Chicago, that was all smoke by the media because the whole New York thing was getting out of hand with way too much basketball left to play.
NY just makes way to much sense. And for all the haters that continue to say Knicks don;t have what it takes to win a championship are just in denial. If Lebron comes, Bosh or Amare definitely come, then players like Shaq, Kurt Thomas, Tmac, Barron and House sign for the minimum. Add the 4 very solid (possible star or two in the future) young players to go along with a few draft picks in the second round of a very deep draft and you have a very deep championship contending team year one. This roster, city, franchise makes a lot more sense than Chicago. Why play in a rip off version of NY, when you can actually play in the greatest city in the world, with another top 15 player guaranteed to join you, young talent that compliments you (TD, Gallo were made for Lebron), and several veterans to close off the puzzle willing to follow you. On top of all that Knicks have something that Chicago, nor Cleveland can offer...an expiring contract that can either be used to acquire pieces during the year for that championship push, or just give 11 million to spend in a great free agency the following year. Chicago cannot offer any other alterations to their roster for a few years, what you see is what you will have, knicks will continue to be flexible even after this year.

At the very least you can get Okafor for Curry...so...

TD/House
Walker/Tmac/Warren
Lebron/Gallo/Chandler
Bosh/Kurt Thomas/Varnado
Okafor/Shaq

Still think Knicks can't put together a deep team ready for a finals run this offseason?! This is basically the simplest way it would play out if Lebron decided to come, other things can be added like, S&T Lee, Buying a first round pick, Getting more from Curry by possibly adding Chandler or Walker. That already would be one of the deepest teams in the league.

Sorry anti Knick posters...

JiffyMix88
06-18-2010, 01:59 AM
didnt realize lebron was already in ny

LA_Raiders
06-18-2010, 02:04 AM
NO way D'antoni would take shaq...

xxcubs22xx
06-18-2010, 02:05 AM
"witness"ed

:facepalm:

I hate that. Lebron still hasn't done anything to deserve "witnesses"

NYK_kidd77
06-18-2010, 02:14 AM

Idk they seem to get along pretty well. I remember watching a Knick vs Cavs game and during the pre game Shaq just interrupted the whole thing to say hi to Mike.

bkmikeyy
06-18-2010, 02:26 AM

Turns out D'Antoni is the one who pushed for Shaq in Phoenix not Kerr