PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Game 7 Questions and Answers

JordansBulls
06-17-2010, 03:27 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/news/story?page=CelticsLakers-100617

What do you expect to see in Game 7?

Abbott: This series has not really had a buzzer-beater yet. My one big hope is that we get to see Kobe Bryant shoot a baseline turnaround jumper, over two defenders, with the buzzer sounding and all the marbles on the line. I don't even care if it goes in or not. As a basketball fan, I'm dying for that drama, and I expect we'll get it.

Adande: The Lakers will most likely exploit the absence of Kendrick Perkins inside and use a balanced effort to win.

Arnovitz: Despite Wallace's range, the Lakers' defense will continue to pack the paint, even if it means ignoring Rondo beyond 16 feet, and leaving itself occasionally vulnerable on the perimeter. The Celtics will counter by having Paul Pierce attack the additional space created in the half court with an extra shooter on the floor.

On the other end, the Lakers will spend the first half examining which offensive opportunities exist apart from Kobe Bryant. If enough surface, the Lakers will vary their attack. If Gasol can't establish his spot at the elbow or maximize his post game, then Bryant will dominate the ball -- and the Celtics' defense will have to decide exactly how much of their defense to devote toward him.
I'm going with the Lakers in a last-possession game.

Broussard: I picked the Celtics in seven before the series began, so I'll stick with that. But my gut tells me the Lakers will prevail. I think it'll be a tightly contested game with signature performances by Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

Hollinger: We haven't had a white-knuckle final-minute finish yet, and I'm wondering if this is the game in which we get one. It would be a fitting conclusion to a mostly evenly matched series. If it gets to that point, I wonder about two things: (1) Rasheed getting a T at the worst time to cost Boston a valuable point, and (2) Hack-a-Rondo. I said L.A. in seven before the series and I'll stick with it now, but unlike Game 6, I think this one may go down to the wire.

Sheridan: I expect to see a dogfight, a close game throughout, one of the best games of Kobe Bryant's career, and a thrilling finish that ends with Paul Pierce making the biggest basket of the night. (And afterward, Broussard and I will toast each other for our sage-like pre-series "Celtics in 7" predictions.)

Stein: The Lakers' AWOL defense and confidence were relocated in Game 6. A paranoid coach would say L.A. won too easily Tuesday night, which could lead to overconfidence that gives Boston its new life. But I don't see it. The combination of Kobe's desperation to make sure the Lakers don't lose a Game 7 on their floor combined with the fact that all of his helpers are feeling good about themselves again -- while the Celts are bemoaning the loss of Kendrick Perkins and Rondo's inconsistency -- adds up to champagne for the home team. (One question from me, though: Why even ask us to try to predict the future in a series with the most fickle momentum in recent memory?)

hugepatsfan
06-17-2010, 03:29 PM
I think Sheed will open the lane up for Rondo. Bynum won't be able to stick with KG or Sheed on the perimeter. And Odom is soft as a marshmellow, so I think him in the game would cance out LA's rebounding adavantage. I would be shocked if he played back to back good games.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-17-2010, 05:28 PM
I think Sheed will open the lane up for Rondo. Bynum won't be able to stick with KG or Sheed on the perimeter. And Odom is soft as a marshmellow, so I think him in the game would cance out LA's rebounding adavantage. I would be shocked if he played back to back good games.

I believe LO is our best rebounder!

ko8e24
06-17-2010, 05:31 PM
I don't care how and what fashion, I just want the Lakers to win the championship. PERIOD!

Hellcrooner
06-17-2010, 07:57 PM
no buzer beater if the game is close we are doomed because "someone" will try to do it all himself and shoot us out ot the game.

Blow out please.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-17-2010, 08:01 PM
no buzer beater if the game is close we are doomed because "someone" will try to do it all himself and shoot us out ot the game.

Blow out please.
And I wonder who's that??
:rolleyes:

ko8e24
06-17-2010, 08:01 PM

Here we go again! :facepalm:

SteveNash
06-17-2010, 08:48 PM
And I wonder who's that??
:rolleyes:

Pau Gasol

MickeyMgl
06-17-2010, 08:48 PM

Blow out please.

Um... if it's a close game, and the Celtic defense is shutting the other Lakers down, the best move is to shut up and give the ball to Kobe. He shoots the Lakers INTO games far more than he shoots them out.