PDA

View Full Version : Nocioni and Hawes dealt for Dalembert

Red222
06-17-2010, 02:05 PM
the sixers have agreed to trade samuel dalembert to the kings for andres nocioni and spencer hawes, according to a report from chad ford of espn.
http://twitter.com/chadfordinsidernice move

The Philadelphia 76ers have agreed to swap Samuel Dalembert to the Sacramento Kings for Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes, two league sources told ESPN.com.

The deal was agreed to on Tuesday night and the two teams have been working out details Thursday morning. Barring some last-minute hitch the trade should be completed as early as Thursday afternoon, according to the sources.

The deal will give the Kings a player they've long coveted in Dalembert. The Kings tried to make several deals with the Sixers last year for Dalembert but couldn't make it happen.

Sacramento has been unhappy with its rebounding and shotblocking in the post. Dalembert makes a lot of money ($12.9 million next year) but he's in the last year of his deal.

The trade gives the Sixers a physical combo forward in Nocioni and an up-and-coming big man in Hawes.

But the real ramifications may come during the draft. The Sixers have been deciding between Evan Turner and Derrick Favors with the No. 2 pick. While Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski is a Turner fan, new coach Doug Collins is high on Favors. With Dalembert gone and Nocioni in, it could push them in the direction of Favors.

For the Kings, this could also change their draft equation. The team has been looking at drafting DeMarcus Cousins and Greg Monroe, both centers. With this deal, it could allow them to address another need at the three. The Kings have been high on both Al-Farouq Aminu and Gordon Hayward.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5297829

mikantsass
06-17-2010, 02:07 PM
The 76ers have officially began their rebuilding process..... Who's next? Brand? Iggy?

shep33
06-17-2010, 02:09 PM

What are the Kings thinking? Hawes is pretty good and still has great potential

ManRam
06-17-2010, 02:10 PM
That's a good deal for both sides.

Good to see things already happening :clap:

When can trades officially be made? Does anyone know?

wmudford
06-17-2010, 02:10 PM
When can trades be official? After the finals or when the draft starts?

Kakaroach
06-17-2010, 02:13 PM
I love it for both sides. Sammy D wants out, so he leaves Philly and Sac-town gets a legit C.

As for Philly, they get a C with potential in Hawes and another 3 point shooter with Nocioni.

Kakaroach
06-17-2010, 02:13 PM
I love it for both sides. Sammy D wants out, so he leaves Philly and Sac-town gets a legit C.

As for Philly, they get a C with potential in Hawes and another 3 point shooter with Nocioni.

BkOriginalOne
06-17-2010, 02:20 PM

The Philadelphia 76ers have agreed to swap Samuel Dalembert to the Sacramento Kings for Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes, two league sources told ESPN.com.

Dalembert
Dalembert

The deal was agreed to on Tuesday night and the two teams have been working out details Thursday morning. Barring some last minute hitch the trade should be completed as early as Thursday afternoon, according to the sources.

The deal will give the Kings a player they've long coveted in Dalembert. The Kings tried to make several deals with the Sixers last year for Dalembert but couldn't make it happen.

Sacramento has been unhappy with their rebounding and shotblocking in the post. Dalemebert makes a lot of money ($12.9 million next year) but he's in the last year of his deal.

The trade gives the Sixers a physical combo forward in Nocioni and an up-and-coming big man in Hawes.

But the real ramifications may come during the draft. The Sixers have been deciding between Evan Turner and Derrick Favors with the No. 2 pick. While Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski is a Turner fan, head coach Doug Collins is high on Favors. With Dalembert gone and Nocioni in, it could push them in the direction of Favors.

For the Kings, this could also change their draft equation. The team has been looking at drafting DeMarcus Cousins and Greg Monroe, both centers. With this deal, it could allow them to address another need at the three. the Kings have been high on both Al-Farouq Aminu and Gordon Hayward.

Sixerlover
06-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Wow this came out of left field. I have to think about the deal before I can give my total reaction

PhillyForLife90
06-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Holy ****. I don't like Nocioni's contract, but he's not a bad guy to have on the team. I've never seen Hawes really play, is he any good?

I have to adjust to this first...

BkOriginalOne
06-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Better for the Sixers who have been trying to get from underneath Sam's contract for the past 5 seasons.

The Kings are now free to go get a permiter scorer. They should make a deal for Hedo.

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Being a Kings Fan. I couldn't be any happier with this proposed trade. Please make it Official!

DerekRE_3
06-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Hawes was garbage last year. Wish him the best in his pursuit to grow a pair a male genitalia though.

DerekRE_3
06-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Thank you. Aaaand I told you Detroit that we would not do that trade with the #5 and #7 with Noc and Price in it.

Sixerlover
So Noc has a 3 year deal (3rd year is a TO), but this saves the Sixers 3 mil this year and gets us under the Lux tax. But we lose a good piece of interior defense and now have to run with Hawes, Brand,Speights, and Smith as the bigs none of them known for interior D.

I guess this makes room for Thad to become very very expendable. Or Iguodala

Teeboy1487
I'm kind of surprise the kings dealt Hawes. I thought he was a pretty good talent. Well, offensively. Nonetheless, It's a good deal for both sides imo.

Klivlend
I like it, I think it helps out both teams. I think Samuel will help Tyreke out in Sactown

bigsams50
06-17-2010, 02:30 PM
I really like this trade for Sac-Town

kozelkid
06-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Stupid trade for Philly imo.
They already have 2 sf's in Iggy and Young and likely to draft another. Which means a lot of players will likely be playing out of position on that team. AND Dalembert was their one true center who expires in 2011.
Don't see the motive for Philly to be honest.

PhillyForLife90
06-17-2010, 02:31 PM
I wonder if the Sixers will make another move...I didn't actually think we'd trade Sammy.

wmudford
06-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Great trade for the kings. I think they should trade down and get a guy like Hayward now to play SF/SG.

Tyreke
Hayward
Casspi
Landry
Dalembert

not a bad starting 5!

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Holy ****. I don't like Nocioni's contract, but he's not a bad guy to have on the team. I've never seen Hawes really play, is he any good?

I hate both of them. Spencer Hawes is the weakest center in the League. he would rather shoot first beofre posting down low or getting a rebound. he had maybe (5) great games, and the rest were terrible! He just doesn't give it his all, he can prove me wrong in Philly, but man o man, he was a thorn in my side all last year!

As for Nocioni. I cannot reiterate to you how bad I hated this guy. If it wasn't for Nocioni, Tyreke would've averaged more than just 5.4 assists. We got him from the Bulls, and they told us he'd give us heart/compassion and stellar defense. yeah right. he did great in the last 1/2 when we got him for B.Miller but fell off and hit a wall. he talked **** about our management/fans, got a DUI, and threw up 3-pointers and completely missed the rim. His defense was terrible, Udoka & Donte Greene showed more defensive presence this year.

You can say the same thing about Dalembert though, but I'm happy we got one bonehead for two boneheads, and now we can go into the draft with a new perspective!

Kakaroach
06-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Now I think Aminu will go to the Kings with that 5th pick. Landry/Thompson/Dalembert is a decent frontcourt.

kozelkid
06-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Great trade for the kings. I think they should trade down and get a guy like Hayward now to play SF/SG.

Tyreke
Hayward
Casspi
Landry
Dalembert

not a bad starting 5!

Hayward is a sf/pf...
Besides, it seems like Evans will be their sg. I think they need to continue to look at Cousins for the future.
Maybe find a way to get a late lottery pick for Bledsoe.
It's shaping out VERY well for Sacramento.

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 02:34 PM

Tyreke
Hayward
Casspi
Landry
Dalembert

not a bad starting 5!

no need anymore. we got our big man, so now we have alot of leverage. We can draft Monroe (another big man) share time w/ Thompson & Landry, or we can draft Wes Johnson (if he falls to us) or draft Aminu.

Hayward should've stayed in college for another year or two

kozelkid
06-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Now I think Aminu will go to the Kings with that 5th pick. Landry/Thompson/Dalembert is a decent frontcourt.

Eh, maybe. I think they'd be dumb to pass up on Cousins' talent though, even with the red flags, I think he has as much upside as Wall if he can keep his head straight.
Besides, I think Sac believes in Greene and Casspi as their future at sf.
Forgot about Thompson though so it will be interesting to see.

CityofTreez

I think that's what geoff petrie will do :pray:

kozelkid
no need anymore. we got our big man, so now we have alot of leverage. We can draft Monroe (another big man) share time w/ Thompson & Landry, or we can draft Wes Johnson (if he falls to us) or draft Aminu.

Hayward should've stayed in college for another year or two

I disagree. I don't think his value could have been any higher than now.

Illa215
06-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Thank God that I'm free of watching that "thing" that they call Sammy D for the rest of my life. He was the worst excuse for a basketball player. Holy Jesus, he was such a *****. I'm glad that the Sixers got anything for him.

Sixerlover
06-17-2010, 02:38 PM
But Nocioni, Thad, Iggy will NOT all be on this roster come October 31st, another trade is happening.

RocketsRule
Hawes was garbage last year. Wish him the best in his pursuit to grow a pair a male genitalia though.

He was garbage, he'd show up for one game and then disappear for the next ten or so.

That being said, love the deal for the Kings. Andres Nocioni has terrible contract and was not helping the team in any way. Samuel Dalembert brings everything the Kings need, shot-blocking and rebounding, and can solidify the middle for them.

I also thinks this means they are a lock to draft Cousins because Dalembert is obviously not a long-term fix.

Ragun
fair swap.

kozelkid
06-17-2010, 02:40 PM
He was garbage, he'd show up for one game and then disappear for the next ten or so.

That being said, love the deal for the Kings. Andres Nocioni has terrible contract and was not helping the team in any way. Samuel Dalembert brings everything the Kings need, shot-blocking and rebounding, and can solidify the middle for them.

I also thinks this means they are a lock to draft Cousins because Dalembert is obviously not a long-term fix.

Pretty much. The more I look at this trade, the more it appears that Philly really got raped.

PhillyForLife90
06-17-2010, 02:40 PM
But Nocioni, Thad, Iggy will NOT all be on this roster come October 31st, another trade is happening.

Yup I'm getting that feeling too. Either Iggy, Nocioni or Thad are going to be traded next. There's something more to this...

kozelkid
06-17-2010, 02:41 PM

Probably.
However, they just added a player that is harder to trade than Dalembert.
I really don't see the point of this trade for Philly. Hell, if at least they took Udrih instead of Noci, I'd understand some of it cause of their lack of depth at pg. But Nocioni, really?!

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 02:41 PM
I disagree. I don't think his value could have been any higher than now.

Dude has no chance in the NBA! Thats the way I look at it!

Thank God that I'm free of watching that "thing" that they call Sammy D for the rest of my life. He was the worst excuse for a basketball player. Holy Jesus, he was such a *****. I'm glad that the Sixers got anything for him.

get ready for another "thing" they call Spencer Hawes who will literally make you want to rip your hair out of your skull!

ManRam
06-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Here's a more formal source, I'll add it to the OP.

thescore53
06-17-2010, 02:42 PM
they actually got someone to take noc of their hands lol... why couldnt the sixers take hedo

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Pretty much. The more I look at this trade, the more it appears that Philly really got raped.

I wouldn't just say rape, prison rape is best suited for this trade.

TheBomb255
06-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Basically the Sixers did this to get under the luxry cap so then they can draft at the #2 spot (otherwise they would have been over the cap)

Or they think Hawes is a really good player (which would be stupid)

D Roses Bulls
06-17-2010, 02:46 PM
nice move

WOW!!! wtf is Philly thinking? Hawes is a bust, yes a bust and i like noch, but too big of a contract. Sac get sammy in his last year of a contract. good deal for them

Sixerlover
06-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Probably.
However, they just added a player that is harder to trade than Dalembert.
I really don't see the point of this trade for Philly. Hell, if at least they took Udrih instead of Noci, I'd understand some of it cause of their lack of depth at pg. But Nocioni, really?!

With Jrue + Lou they are set at PG. Don't need another one in Beno. Noc was probably just a "Collins Guy" and had to be included because DC wants him on the roster.

And we get under the lux tax with this move.

Kakaroach
06-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Eh, maybe. I think they'd be dumb to pass up on Cousins' talent though, even with the red flags, I think he has as much upside as Wall if he can keep his head straight.
Besides, I think Sac believes in Greene and Casspi as their future at sf.
Forgot about Thompson though so it will be interesting to see. I agree but drafting Cousins would equal a crowded frontcourt.

I think that's what geoff petrie will do :pray: Thats the main reason I'm guessing he did this deal.

mrker
06-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Better for the Sixers who have been trying to get from underneath Sam's contract for the past 5 seasons.

The Kings are now free to go get a permiter scorer. They should make a deal for Hedo.

From raptorland....DONE.. who you got...

Illa215
06-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Oh Well I'm hoping that this means that Iguodala or Thad are traded for another 1st Rounder by the draft.

kozelkid
06-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Dude has no chance in the NBA! Thats the way I look at it!

Eh, I think he can be a good shooter. Don't take that 29% 3pt too serious. It's fluky. Especially considering he shot almost 45% in his freshman year. I think he can be a Mike Miller type player. With that said, cause of Butler's great run, I don't think he'll get more attention than he's getting now. Kinda like Noah in 06 who was expected to be a top 3 pick, but chose to stay and dropped to 9th the next year.

I wouldn't just say rape, prison rape is best suited for this trade.

:laugh2:

kozelkid
06-17-2010, 02:52 PM
With Jrue + Lou they are set at PG. Don't need another one in Beno. Noc was probably just a "Collins Guy" and had to be included because DC wants him on the roster.

Completely forgot about Lou.
And bolded is probably the reason. Which kinda sucks if you have an owner like that who is willing to make it tougher cause he doesn't want to pay tax...

I agree but drafting Cousins would equal a crowded frontcourt.

Thats the main reason I'm guessing he did this deal.

Eh, Dalembert can be benched if it comes to that. Wouldn't be the first time and he's expiring so he means nothing long term.
Honestly, if Cousins drops to them and Favors and Welsey Johnson are taken, I think they'd be stupid not to draft him. Too much of a difference in talent and value between Cousins and anyone else after that.

Kakaroach
06-17-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure why people are saying this trade is a rape. Hawes still has potential and Nocioni is a solid wing defender and player. Dalembert is a decent defensive C, not even that great. Pretty fair swap to me. :shrug: Sure Noc's contract sucks but they get under the luxury tax.

Nocioni5
06-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Noce welcome to Phili!

RocketsRule
06-17-2010, 02:53 PM

I think he's saying talent-wise you guys lose the trade, which is probably true. Though, like you already said, this deal is probably setting up another, perhaps bigger, trade.

JordansBulls
06-17-2010, 02:54 PM
nice move

I didn't know you could trade before the draft.

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 02:56 PM

he can still go with Cousins, but I have been preaching having Casspi/Beno share time at SG, and now we can get Aminu/Johnson? share time w/ Greene. No more Nocioni is huge

I'm not sure why people are saying this trade is a rape. Hawes still has potential and Nocioni is a solid wing defender and player. Dalembert is a decent defensive C, not even that great. Pretty fair swap to me. :shrug: Sure Noc's contract sucks but they get under the luxury tax.

I said rape because hawes is a 7ft Center who would rather play SG. his minset as a center is disgusting. I view this as rape because we now have a defensive center, and we gave up a center that never displayed defense (maybe 3 games) and a SF in Nocioni who bad-mouth sacramento, didn't display compassion for a season, and had a horrible contract. I think its worse than dalemberts

Kakaroach
06-17-2010, 02:56 PM
I didn't know you could trade before the draft. I didn't know either until Philly made a trade last year too with the Raptors during the playoffs. I think it was the Reggie Evans for Kapono deal.

Sixerlover
06-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I think he's saying talent-wise you guys lose the trade, which is probably true. Though, like you already said, this deal is probably setting up another, perhaps bigger, trade.

Yeah talent wise I won't argue with that. My inital thought was maybe Collins really thinks Hawes can be a starting C on a championship team in 4+ years, but now I'm hoping some talks with Minny or GSW have been solidified and Iggy for their pick is in the works. Draft Cousins and Hawes becomes the 1st big off the bench.

Jrue Holiday - Evan Turner - Nocioni - Elton Brand - DeMarcus Cousins.

But just dreams, it's probably the Thad for #11 deal people have been talking about

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Noce welcome to Phili!

funny user name :laugh2:

Kakaroach
06-17-2010, 02:59 PM
I said rape because hawes is a 7ft Center who would rather play SG. his minset as a center is disgusting. I view this as rape because we now have a defensive center, and we gave up a center that never displayed defense (maybe 3 games) and a SF in Nocioni who bad-mouth sacramento, didn't display compassion for a season, and had a horrible contract. I think its worse than dalemberts Yeah you Kings fans really hate Noc, so I can understand the feeling for Kings fans. The only reason I don't think its rape is because I think a change of scenery would help Noc and Hawes (even though he has been a disappointment so far) still has some potential.

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 02:59 PM
This is just payback for the Webber trade. No pun intended Sixer fans :D

mrker
06-17-2010, 03:00 PM
This looks like one team filling a glaring hole for this year(sac) and one team(Philly) starting to unload deals with a big eye to the next 3-5 years. I think Philly knows now no one wants Brand`s Contract and Iggy will get them something but won`t know what until the draft starts, with the 2 pick and what they get for Iggy they must believe they can get a jump start on the 5 year rebuild, Wonder how Brand is going to like losing when he could(should) have stayed with the clippers..

THE MTL
06-17-2010, 03:01 PM
But next year, Samuel Dalmebart contract is expiring. Shouldnt they have just let the contract expire instead of taking on additional three years of Noc contract.

With Iggy, Noc, Thad and potentially drafting Evan Turner I sense a log-jam. More trades on the horizon.

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah you Kings fans really hate Noc, so I can understand the feeling for Kings fans. The only reason I don't think its rape is because I think a change of scenery would help Noc and Hawes (even though he has been a disappointment so far) still has some potential.

I see your point about potential in Hawes. If geoff petrie finally parted ways with him, then it was time for a change.

as for nocioni, yeah you're right, I hate him! he plays basketball like a poor mans Bruce Bowen though. Always sits in the corner and waits for 3-pt attempts. he could open up alot for Holliday/Williams when slashing to the hole, but I think his defensive prowless is long gone.

DaBUU
06-17-2010, 03:03 PM
I didn't know either until Philly made a trade last year too with the Raptors during the playoffs. I think it was the Reggie Evans for Kapono deal.

the deal that shook the very foundation of the NBA

x_notorious
06-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Cousins to the Kings.

Kakaroach
06-17-2010, 03:06 PM
I see your point about potential in Hawes. If geoff petrie finally parted ways with him, then it was time for a change.

as for nocioni, yeah you're right, I hate him! he plays basketball like a poor mans Bruce Bowen though. Always sits in the corner and waits for 3-pt attempts. he could open up alot for Holliday/Williams when slashing to the hole, but I think his defensive prowless is long gone. I'll trust you on that, you watch him a ton more than I do.

Well at least 2 players who desperately wanted to be traded were traded for one another. :shrug:

Switch
06-17-2010, 03:08 PM
I like this deal for the Kings.

oldenpolynice
06-17-2010, 03:08 PM
Both teams seem thrilled to get rid of their "garbage," but I think the Kings got the better side of the deal as it stands right now. Dalembert has value to them because of his specific skills (interior defense and rebounding) and Nocioni's contract is a burden.

With that said, I think the trade gives Philly some trade flexibility and I don't think they're done dealing yet. Maybe David Kahn is dumb enough to trade them Al Jefferson for the No. 2 pick - http://www.sportschannelnews.com/nba-news/sixers-to-work-out-derrick-favors-demarcus-cousins-10565.htm.

kozelkid
06-17-2010, 03:09 PM

as for nocioni, yeah you're right, I hate him! he plays basketball like a poor mans Bruce Bowen though. Always sits in the corner and waits for 3-pt attempts. he could open up alot for Holliday/Williams when slashing to the hole, but I think his defensive prowless is long gone.

Honestly, he was never a good defender. People thought he was a good defender cause he was tough player, but in reality he was too slow against most sf's and at pf he was too weak. And whenever anyone got by him, he'd give hard foul. So people would think he was a good defender.
As an offensive player, he used to be good though. Good from 3 and attack the basket more. However, that ended as well.
I always thought Bulls made a big mistake giving him that contract. We had Deng and Thabo at the time. Although we unloaded it pretty easily :D

kozelkid
06-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Both teams seem thrilled to get rid of their "garbage," but I think the Kings got the better side of the deal as it stands right now. Dalembert has value to them because of his specific skills (interior defense and rebounding) and Nocioni's contract is a burden.

With that said, I think the trade gives Philly some trade flexibility and I don't think they're done dealing yet. Maybe David Kahn is dumb enough to trade them Al Jefferson for the No. 2 pick - http://www.sportschannelnews.com/nba-news/sixers-to-work-out-derrick-favors-demarcus-cousins-10565.htm.

Dumb?
More like a genius if he can get that to work. I've been saying it for awhile, AJ is a blackhole, a stat whore. He's your Zach Randolph (before this season) minus the off the court problems and plus the injuries. Poorly runs the floor and doesn't play defense.

abe_froman
06-17-2010, 03:11 PM
I didn't know you could trade before the draft.

yeah,everyone but the celtics and lakers can make trades(once a team has no more games to be played they can start trading)

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Honestly, he was never a good defender. People thought he was a good defender cause he was tough player, but in reality he was too slow against most sf's and at pf he was too weak. And whenever anyone got by him, he'd give hard foul. So people would think he was a good defender.
As an offensive player, he used to be good though. Good from 3 and attack the basket more. However, that ended as well.
I always thought Bulls made a big mistake giving him that contract. We had Deng and Thabo at the time. Although we unloaded it pretty easily :D

I agree with this. he did play some good d when we picked him up for Miller + salmons though. I actually liked him for the last 25 games in the 2008 season.

IversonIsKrazy
06-17-2010, 03:13 PM
For Kings: Good trade. They get an upgrade for a defensive center with Dal instead of Hawes. And they get rid of Noc's contract, and when they draft Cousins or Monroe, they will be good inside. I hope they draft Monroe, I love his post game and interior toughness. They would then have Dalembert/Landry/Draft pick in their post rotation.

blah-blah
06-17-2010, 03:14 PM
steal for the kings they give up a soft c in hawes and a bad contract in noc for a legit c

Kingz4L
06-17-2010, 03:15 PM
I for 1 love this trade, Hawes had some good games against the lakers but thats about it...I watched about 60 Kings games this season and he had a good 10 games. Whereas Dalembert can get us a solid 12pts, 10reb,2blks each game. Ill take defense any day. If any of you followed some stuff about the kings then you will know that everyone wants Nocioni out. The guy is selfish and unreliable. Today is a good day for us Kings fans :)

Raidaz4Life
06-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Great move by both organizations.

kozelkid
Honestly, I love the potential 3 big rotation Sac may have in the future with Thompson, Landry, and Cousins. Thompson needs to get tougher though and become a better defender.

Eagles4Lyfe
nice trade kings as for sixers fans who keep saying this is going to lead to another trade well all im saying is just remember the raptors name ;)

Kyle916
06-17-2010, 03:17 PM
I love this move. Hawes had upside, but it wasn't going to ever show.

Evans, Casspi, Greene, Landry, Thompson, Dalembert, Udrih, Brockman, Garcia, Cousins (?)

Not a bad group.

thedfactor
06-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Great deal for the Kings. They wanted Nocioni gone and Hawes is okay, but Dalembert is a legit defensive center which they really were looking for.

Knowledge
06-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Wow, Im surprise people really think the Kings will be better off w/Sammy. He is very talented and interior force, but that is when he wants to be. If Sammy isnt happy, he isnt playing hard for anybody. Not the team, not the coach, and definitely not the fans. He needs to feel appreciated, be a starter and play starter minutes, and he needs to get his touches for him to play. It seemed like he started to play really well last year once AI rejoined the team, but before that he was his usual moody self. Maybe being in a contract year and a change of scenery will help.

edit: Sammy was kick off team Canadia for a reason, and it wasnt because he is too nice to his teammates.

Kyle916
06-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Wow, Im surprise people really think the Kings will be better off w/Sammy. He is very talented and interior force, but that is when he wants to be. If Sammy isnt happy, he isnt playing hard for anybody. Not the team, not the coach, and definitely not the fans. He needs to feel appreciated, be a starter and play starter minutes, and he needs to get his touches for him to play. It seemed like he started to play really well last year once AI rejoined the team, but before that he was his usual moody self. Maybe being in a contract year and a change of scenery will help.

Expiring deal, potential defensive upside, take on 5.1 mil this year but save 6 mil + the year after...

Definitely happy to get rid of Nocioni and Hawes.

awmathewsjr
06-17-2010, 03:26 PM
The 76ers have officially began their rebuilding process..... Who's next? Brand? Iggy?

You mean they weren't rebuild last year? lol.

awmathewsjr
06-17-2010, 03:30 PM
When can trades be official? After the finals or when the draft starts?

July 1rst if I'm not mistaking

awmathewsjr
06-17-2010, 03:33 PM

Yeah, Hawes has loads of potential. But Nocioni's contract is a hard pill to swallow, especially since he probably won't even be a starter.

Knowledge
06-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Expiring deal, potential defensive upside, take on 5.1 mil this year but save 6 mil + the year after...

Definitely happy to get rid of Nocioni and Hawes.

True, but Noc only had 2 years left with the 3rd being a team option so unless you can get somebody next year it isnt that big of a trade off. I guess you guys could potentially use Sammy's contract in trade, but I'll take what we got. Just not having him in the locker room creating distractions and constantly disregarding team rules is enough for me.

Either way I hope this trade works out for both teams.

netsgiantsyanks
06-17-2010, 03:34 PM
DAMN that was random but great trade for both teams

awmathewsjr
06-17-2010, 03:38 PM
I like it, I think it helps out both teams. I think Samuel will help Tyreke out in Sactown

Not to mention they have a very underrated PF in Carl Landry(17ppg, 6reb and a good defender). With the right addition these guys can be dangerous.

Kyle916
06-17-2010, 03:39 PM
True, but Noc only had 2 years left with the 3rd being a team option so unless you can get somebody next year it isnt that big of a trade off. I guess you guys could potentially use Sammy's contract in trade, but I'll take what we got. Just not having him in the locker room creating distractions and constantly disregarding team rules is enough for me.

Either way I hope this trade works out for both teams.

I think it's more a hope that Dalembert could use a change of scenery, and if it doesn't work out there's no risk.

The Kings desperately needed some sort of defensive/rebounding semblance, and this hopefully will help (Hawes is as bad defensively in the post as you will see).

Say Dalembert flops, it really doesn't hurt because Nocioni would be just as worthless.

And I agree with the last bolded part. Hawes has upside (and still very young).

central2003
06-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Dalembert is def short term.. we will draft cousins who will be our future .. him and tyreke evans will wreak havoc in the western confrence ;)

Rivera
06-17-2010, 03:42 PM

edit: Sammy was kick off team Canadia for a reason, and it wasnt because he is too nice to his teammates.

WOW this speaks volumes he couldnt make the canadian basketball team lmao

awmathewsjr
06-17-2010, 03:43 PM

Agreed

MaHaRaJaH
06-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Didn't see this one coming

Lo Porto
06-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Great trade for Philly. Adding two quality players for the disgruntled Dalembert was a good move.

Philly should now trade Brand and #2 to a team willing to take Brand's absurd contract. They'd be left with:

PG Holliday, Williams
SG Iggy, Kapono, Green
SF Young, Nocioni
PF Speights, Smith (was looking good before his injury)
C Hawes
And tons of money for 2011-13 with Brand's contract being gone.

Kyle916
06-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Great trade for Philly. Adding two quality players for the disgruntled Dalembert was a good move.

Philly should now trade Brand and #2 to a team willing to take Brand's absurd contract. They'd be left with:

PG Holliday, Williams
SG Iggy, Kapono, Green
SF Young, Nocioni
C Hawes

Hawes is definitely quality, and Nocioni's quality days are far behind him.

FNM BOY
06-17-2010, 03:59 PM

PG Holliday, Williams
SG Iggy, Kapono, Green
SF Young, Nocioni
C Hawes

First off iggy is not a SG...he is a SF.

For those of you rejoicing for Sammy D....trust me you're gonna see in a minute how dumb and clumsy he is... very low basketball IQ...you'll see!

Mudvayne91
06-17-2010, 04:00 PM
I was usually pretty impressed by Hawes when he played against the Nugs. He usually showed more effort than our whole team at times.

RowanJournalist
06-17-2010, 04:01 PM
with all due respect to everyone on this site, bieing that im sure you're all good people, you're morons if you think the kings got the better end of the deal talent-wise. Dalembert looked lost on the court for 80% of the game for 80% of the season not just this past season, but everyseason he's beenin the nba. I'm not bragging about who the sixers have received, but im gasping for air now that im not being sufocated by dalemberts ineptitude. Its as simple as this; Hawes has potential, Noc has a 3-ball, and Dalembert has a lot of undeserved money. He will give the Kings a solid defensive outing half of the time, until he fouls out. Im done typing now.. it ****in hurts typing with a broken wrist.

Kingz4L
06-17-2010, 04:02 PM
First off iggy is not a SG...he is a SF.

For those of you rejoicing for Sammy D....trust me you're gonna see in a minute how dumb and clumsy he is... very low basketball IQ...you'll see!

Ill still take Defense over Offense any day!

mia305king
06-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I like it for both, who's Sacramento gonna pick in the draft now ? I doubt it's a big Man.

central2003
06-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Well like I said Dalembert is only short term solution.. Cousins will be our Future solution.

Kings Faithful
06-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Dalembert is exactly what we need in Sacramento... I don't think he will come over as the same bad attitude he was in Phili. He'll get great minutes and will feel needed. We have great fans and are in a good geographical location. Dalembert is also on his final year of his contract so if he doesn't impress this season he can kiss his huge contract's good bye. It works for Sacramento.

As for Philadelphia this is what they got...

Spencer Hawes - only 21 and has more potential than Kings fans give him credit for IMO. He will never be a defensive rebounding big... at best he could become a more athletic Brad Miller. If your team is looking to move into a Princeton offense... he's your man for the future. Other than that I can't really recommend him as more than a 6th man. Your also going to need patience because he almost seems scared of getting into a crowed to grab a rebound. Hawes is also a Laker killer... every meeting that I have watched between the Kings and the Lakers, Hawes comes out and is unstoppable for some reason. Hawes also shows clutch potential... he's hit some extremely clutch 3's for the Kings.

Nocioni is a douchebag. He acts all proud of himself in his post game interviews and then flys over to Europe so he can trash talk your team, your city, and your fans. He was great for the first year we had him but after that all positives went down the tubes. He has single handedly lost games for us. In one case their was 5 seconds left in the game and the Kings needed 2 points to send it to overtime... after a few second scramble Nocioni ends up with the ball and is WIDE OPEN about 8 feet away from the basket... HE DRIVES!!! AND!!!! Airballs a layup.... wide open. Game over. Anti clutch, 3 point chucking, trash talking, fool.

:)

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 04:15 PM
with all due respect to everyone on this site, bieing that im sure you're all good people, you're morons if you think the kings got the better end of the deal talent-wise. Dalembert looked lost on the court for 80% of the game for 80% of the season not just this past season, but everyseason he's beenin the nba. I'm not bragging about who the sixers have received, but im gasping for air now that im not being sufocated by dalemberts ineptitude. Its as simple as this; Hawes has potential, Noc has a 3-ball, and Dalembert has a lot of undeserved money. He will give the Kings a solid defensive outing half of the time, until he fouls out. Im done typing now.. it ****in hurts typing with a broken wrist.

You're depiction of dalembert is how i feel about both hawes & Nocioni. Hawes only great games were against the Lakers and his defense was prolly the worst in the league. Yes. hawes has potential, but No. Nocioni doesn;t have a 3-ball(you'll find out the hard way). As for undeserved money and dalembert, you now have that with Nocioni.

superabound
06-17-2010, 04:16 PM
I love when people say things like "and now the 76ers should trade Brand for blah blah blah"...Brand is untradeable, even with the 2nd pick in the draft.

This trade has much less ramifications than people are saying. Hawes was expendable because the Kings want Cousins or Monroe. They get Dalembert for a year to teach whichever big they draft...well, something I guess. They get his expiring contract.

For the 76ers, they get Hawes, who has shown flashes of OKness, and Nocioni, who hasn't been doing much of anything in a few seasons now since the Olympics.

It seems to me the Kings come away the winners in this one.

Sixerlover
06-17-2010, 04:16 PM
And to everybody that says for some reason Favors is now the pick? Rest assured Turner is still the selection for Philly.

TheKing23
06-17-2010, 04:18 PM
I think the biggest winner in this trade is the Nets.

This combined with the fact that Doug Collins is really high on Favors could see Turner now fall down to the Nets at #3.

This definitely could shake up the shape of things to come in the draft...

Sixerlover
06-17-2010, 04:19 PM

PG Holliday, Williams
SG Iggy, Kapono, Green
SF Young, Nocioni
C Hawes

#1, we wouldn't have any money in 2011. We'll have tons of money in 2013 anyway with Brand's contract expiring. Drafting Turner to have at the 2 spot and swing Iggy to his natural 3 position makes a lot more sense. And Keeping Brand also evens out the roster.

#2. I really don't get why people are saying this means Favors in Philly? If anything we just picked up a big man with a LONGER contract than Dalembert meaning Favors still wouldn't be the man next year, whereas Turner can come in tomorrow and be the starting SG, and put Iguodala back in his correct position of the 3 since he isn't a two guard (tried that experiment before).

RowanJournalist
06-17-2010, 04:21 PM
You're depiction of dalembert is how i feel about both hawes & Nocioni. Hawes only great games were against the Lakers and his defense was prolly the worst in the league. Yes. hawes has potential, but No. Nocioni doesn;t have a 3-ball(you'll find out the hard way). As for undeserved money and dalembert, you now have that with Nocioni.

i hope we dont have willie green and noc out on the floor at the same time then because i may eventually need a medic.

DerekRE_3
06-17-2010, 04:21 PM

I agree, but only for one year. After Dalembert expires that leaves Landry, Thompson, Cousins. Thompson and Landry would each be great to bring off the bench. Bigs get in foul trouble, that's just the truth. Being able to bring a 3rd big off the bench (JT has had success playing the 4 and 5, even some 3) is a must.

Lloyd Christmas
06-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Just throwing this out there. Will Philly pick Cousins at #2 now that Dalembert is gone?

Sadds The Gr8
06-17-2010, 04:25 PM

:laugh2:

RowanJournalist
06-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Just throwing this out there. Will Philly pick Cousins at #2 now that Dalembert is gone?

ive been so narrowminded thinking that turner is our man when in actuality they may choose a big man now. I dont know much about favors or cousins tbh.

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 04:30 PM
i hope we dont have willie green and noc out on the floor at the same time then because i may eventually need a medic.

jus hire a hitman dammit! I thought about it for a good 6 months watching Nocioni!

FNM BOY
06-17-2010, 04:35 PM
I love when people say things like "and now the 76ers should trade Brand for blah blah blah"...Brand is untradeable, even for the 2nd pick in the draft.

This trade has much less ramifications than people are saying. Hawes was expendable because the Kings want Cousins or Monroe. They get Dalembert for a year to teach whichever big they draft...well, something I guess. They get his expiring contract.

For the 76ers, they get Hawes, who has shown flashes of OKness, and Nocioni, who hasn't been doing much of anything in a few seasons now since the Olympics.

It seems to me the Kings come away the winners in this one.

Best of luck on Sammy D teaching anybody :D:facepalm:

Ray_R
06-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Seems pretty fair.

FNM BOY
06-17-2010, 04:37 PM
#1, we wouldn't have any money in 2011. We'll have tons of money in 2013 anyway with Brand's contract expiring. Drafting Turner to have at the 2 spot and swing Iggy to his natural 3 position makes a lot more sense. And Keeping Brand also evens out the roster.

#2. I really don't get why people are saying this means Favors in Philly? If anything we just picked up a big man with a LONGER contract than Dalembert meaning Favors still wouldn't be the man next year, whereas Turner can come in tomorrow and be the starting SG, and put Iguodala back in his correct position of the 3 since he isn't a two guard (tried that experiment before).

They dont get it SL...we know our team...and we know we have been dying for a legitimate SG for years!!!!!

SeoulBeatz
06-17-2010, 04:48 PM
We are drafting turner. he visited today, go to sixers.com, it's pretty much official.

DerekRE_3
06-17-2010, 04:51 PM
We are drafting turner. he visited today, go to sixers.com, it's pretty much official.

Holiday, Turner, Iggy, Speights, Hawes, Thad is not a bad young core at all.

Tyreke20-5-5
06-17-2010, 04:58 PM
GOOD. Draft Turner. Then NJ needs to draft Favors to go right near Brook Lopez. Then Minny is in love with Wes Johnson, so I pray they draft him and its not all for show... And please, god please, when & if Cousins is there at 5, which he should be, with all the teams situations, PLEASE draft Cousins Petrie.

Sadds The Gr8
06-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Pretty good trade for the Kings. But with Landry, Sammy, and Draft pick who everyone's sayin is gonna be a big man, what do they do with Thompson? That frontcourt is still crowded. I think that they probably trade Thompson too? Cuz even Donte and Casspi can play some 4. Surprised no1 talked about this. I like Thompson...he was playin well until he got injured later on in the year.

Tyreke20-5-5
06-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Thompson won't be traded.

$KnicksAndKobe$
06-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Good move for Sacramento, no actually it was a great move for them.
Philly taking back Nocioni's contract when they are already stuck with Brand, ???, Hawes is young and 7-1 ... lets see what he can do as a starter playing over 32 minutes.

Sadds The Gr8
06-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Thompson won't be traded.

It wouldnt surprise me if they did. They have a crowded frontcourt. Especially if they draft a big.

DerekRE_3
06-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Pretty good trade for the Kings. But with Landry, Sammy, and Draft pick who everyone's sayin is gonna be a big man, what do they do with Thompson? That frontcourt is still crowded. I think that they probably trade Thompson too? Cuz even Donte and Casspi can play some 4. Surprised no1 talked about this. I like Thompson...he was playin well until he got injured later on in the year.

Thompson is the perfect candidate to be that 3rd big off the bench because he can play the 4 and 5, he's even seen some time at the 3. I don't think Dalembert is a long term solution. Landry also has question marks since he only has one year left on his deal.

central2003
06-17-2010, 05:11 PM
We will not trade Thompson, he is a true PF and is apart of our future plans he will be a beast .. landry will be at the 4 also .. so the 5 will be between Cousins and dalembert .

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Good move for Sacramento, no actually it was a great move for them.
Philly taking back Nocioni's contract when they are already stuck with Brand, ???, Hawes is young and 7-1 ... lets see what he can do as a starter playing over 32 minutes.

Wait.........Speights isn't the Sixers Starting Center now?

Tyreke20-5-5
06-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Thompson is waiting to have a huge beast breakout season.

$KnicksAndKobe$
06-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Wait.........Speights isn't the Sixers Starting Center now?

Speights should be their starting PF.
When I said Brand, I was talking contract wise.

Also, they will draft Turner.

$KnicksAndKobe$
06-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Udrih
Evans
Wes/Casspi
Landry/Greene
Dalembert/Thompson

A good point guard away from being in the western conference playoffs.
I believe Evans should be a 2 gaurd.

kozelkid
06-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Holiday, Turner, Iggy, Speights, Hawes, Thad is not a bad young core at all.

Eh I really don't like Turner at sg. I think he's much better fit at sf. And they got Young. They really need to do something about all their sf's.

DerekRE_3
06-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Eh I really don't like Turner at sg. I think he's much better fit at sf. And they got Young. They really need to do something about all their sf's.

Well I'm not even talking about positions at this point. Right now I'm just saying they have a good amount of young talent/assets.

TheKing23
06-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Actually the more I look at it, the better this trade gets for the Kings.

They manage to get rid of Nocioni's bad contract for a nice expiring (which could give them some leverage at the trade deadline), free up more playing time for Omri Casspi and Donte Greene and get a big man who can rebound and block some shots.

They still have enough money for a max contract aswell, even including the $2.7 million base rookie contract for the 5th pick.

PG: Tyreke Evans
SG: Joe Johnson?
SF: Omri Casspi
PF: Carl Landry
C: DeMarcus Cousins

Bench: Samuel Dalembert, Jason Thomson, Beno Udrih, Donte Greene, Francisco Garcia etc.

That's a nice team. Add to that the fact that they could move Dalembert for a nice piece at the deadline or let him expire and have about $12 million in cap room next year.

Tyreke20-5-5
06-17-2010, 05:30 PM
I really really like Donte Greene. Oozing with potential. He needs to start and get 35+ minutes next year. Please, if you are reading Mr. Westphal, DO IT!

sacgiants1213
06-17-2010, 05:30 PM

Hawes sucks. Can't play defense, spends way too much time beyond the arc. He supposedly had some good post moves when he was drafted, but us KIngs fans haven't seen any of them since he's been here. He has attitude problems... and the coaching staff was upset with him last year.

And trading Noc is a miracle. Total team cancer.

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Another thing to add about Spencer's dedication!

After his rookie campaign, he traveled back to washington during the offseason and vowed to work on a hook shot and have a low post shot that would give us a low post presence. Never Came True!

Last year, pretty sure he chose to attend Summer School over offseason workouts :mad:

beasted86
06-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Iguodala on the trading block?

Get on the phone Pat Riley! :up:

CaptainStu5
06-17-2010, 05:47 PM

Turner is much better suited at the 2. I expect another trade coming from the sixers, possibly involving Iggy or Thad.

central2003
06-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Yaa I wonder wear Hawes is going to hide all his support the war and I <3 Bush bumber stickers in a very diverse and democratic Philly hahahahah

superabound
06-17-2010, 05:50 PM
I don't understand how adding Nicioni is getting people talking about trading Iggy...I don't see him getting off the bench much anyway. Let him sit at the end of the bench. Getting Hawes, on the other hand, isn't bad at all, though I would rather have seen Jason Thompson coming this way, as was thrown around around the trade deadline last season.

beasted86
06-17-2010, 05:54 PM
I don't understand how adding Nicioni is getting people talking about trading Iggy...I don't see him getting off the bench much anyway. Let him sit at the end of the bench. Getting Hawes, on the other hand, isn't bad at all, though I would rather have seen Jason Thompson coming this way, as was thrown around around the trade deadline last season.

Because they will have Nocioni locked into a long term deal. If he was an expirer this would be different.

Igoudala @ $12M, Nocioni @ $7M, Kapono @ $6M, Thaddeus on an expiring contract who will need an extension, Lou Williams as a combo guard @ $5M, all while they are suspected to draft Turner.

Somebody is going to get traded. Even if it's just a salary dump move to get rid of another guy (Brand), something is going to happen.

superabound
06-17-2010, 05:56 PM

Why would Joe Johnson ever go to a team like the Kings?

Chill_Will_24
06-17-2010, 06:01 PM
I hope this doesnt screw the Nets over. Our biggest issue is our PF position, and rebounding. Favors would fill both holes. He fits perfectly next to Lopez. I know Turner is supposed to be the sure thing but im sold o Favors. The kid has identical measurements to Dwight Howard at the same age and is just as athletic

hgtiger32
06-17-2010, 06:03 PM
With Philly getting rid of Sammy what does this mean for the 76ers and others?
Does it mean that instead of taking Turner @ #2 that they will go for a big guy like Favors?

If that happens do the Nets jump all over Turner or still go with a post player?

If the Nets take a post does that mean they are unlikely to go after Bosh or Amare?

What about LeBron's interest in the Net's?

***bottom line. this is going to be one of the best summers for NBA in its history and one that everyone will look back on and say "wow, that summer completely changed the NBA!"

robdizzle3
06-17-2010, 06:05 PM
I know Hawes struggled last year, but I didnt thisnk they would trade him. Are the Kings trying to compete here?

king4day
06-17-2010, 06:09 PM
76ers also got Hawes. No need to change their strategy.
For arguments sake, I'd say NJ would take Turner if he was available.

Illa215
06-17-2010, 06:19 PM
I actually think that Doug Collins could work wonders with Spencer Hawes. He is known for developing young talent and getting them to play defense. I'm really excited about Hawes. If the 76ers(Did I just call them the 76ers?) take Turner, then they are in a great position to contend when Brand's contract expires.

PG- Jrue Holiday
SG- Evan Turner
SF- Andre Iguodala
PF- Thaddeus Young
C- Spencer Hawes

That lineup can really work out if Spencer Hawes can develop. He's a big kid, and he would allow them to use a shorter Thaddeus Young at PF. But this would all have to wait for Elton Brand to die.

DerekRE_3
06-17-2010, 06:24 PM
I actually think that Doug Collins could work wonders with Spencer Hawes. He is known for developing young talent and getting them to play defense. I'm really excited about Hawes. If the 76ers(Did I just call them the 76ers?) take Turner, then they are in a great position to contend when Brand's contract expires.

PG- Jrue Holiday
SG- Evan Turner
SF- Andre Iguodala
PF- Thaddeus Young
C- Spencer Hawes

That lineup can really work out if Spencer Hawes can develop. He's a big kid, and he would allow them to use a shorter Thaddeus Young at PF. But this would all have to wait for Elton Brand to die.

Hawes was one of the worst rebounding starting centers in the NBA last year. The best rebounder in the lineup would probably be Iggy, which usually is not good.

Giaps
06-17-2010, 06:24 PM
I can say this for the Knicks, if Dalembert's $12.2 expiring was traded and got back a young prospect as well, the Knicks should certainly be able to move Curry's $11.2 expiring for some extra cap space if they want it.

Illa215
06-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Hawes was one of the worst rebounding starting centers in the NBA last year. The best rebounder in the lineup would probably be Iggy, which usually is not good.

He needs a change of scenery badly. There is a reason that he was drafted 10th overall. It seems like he never really got a shot with Sacramento. I mean, he averaged 11 and 7 in his first full year on a God awful team. He took a slight step back last year, so we'll take him. He'll have a shot to get coaching help here, and I wouldn't be surprised if he can average around 13 and 8 or so this year, which would be a very good start. Let's remember, he came out early, and he should still be a Senior in college.

Illa215
06-17-2010, 06:33 PM
What I'm trying to say is that the Sixers traded a washed up guy who got boo'd off the court on a nightly basis for a 22 year old, who didn't have much better luck. So why not? Hawes is miles ahead of where Dalembert was at age 22. It's the definition of a low risk-high reward trade by the Sixers.

TheKing23
06-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Why would Joe Johnson ever go to a team like the Kings?

Money... I'm not saying he will but if the chips fall accordingly and Sac-town offered him the most money, he'd bite.

They're in a better position than some teams with cap room as well. They have a budding superstar in Tyreke Evans, a top 5 pick and a young talented roster with a chance to add even more pieces at the trade deadline or next year.

California has beautiful weather as well.

Kyle N.
06-17-2010, 06:42 PM
:dance:

This is what I've been waiting for. The Kings got rid of Noc without giving up the 5th pick. Ok, honestly, Hawes isn't THAT bad. He's alright for a backup center. Noc on the other hand is THAT bad. Every time he entered the game I yelled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at the TV screen................. and I yelled NO when I was at the games. All he does it airball 3s and layups. When does he shoot 3s? Unfortunately whenever he ball touches his hands.

beasted86
06-17-2010, 06:43 PM
I can say this for the Knicks, if Dalembert's $12.2 expiring was traded and got back a young prospect as well, the Knicks should certainly be able to move Curry's $11.2 expiring for some extra cap space if they want it.

:confused: How exactly did you come to that conclusion?

Dalembert is a very useful player who is healthy and played all 82 games the last 4 years in a row. Curry is a useless player who hasn't finished a season in the past 3 years in a row.... and with him going bankrupt, no team can trade for him expecting him to take a buyout.

TheKing23
06-17-2010, 06:45 PM

At least the Kings got a serviceable player that provides the rebounding and shot blocking they've been missing.

Eddy Curry would just add to the teams food bill.

Kyle N.
06-17-2010, 06:54 PM
I don't see how it changes anything for other teams.

Illa215
06-17-2010, 06:54 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/nba.fanhouse.com/media/2009/10/hawes1-tz-425.jpg

This bar graph compares Spencer Hawes' stats in his first full season to the stats of Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowitzki, and Andrea Bargnani in their first full years. As you can see, they are pretty comparable.

Now ofcourse, Hawes hasn't continued the same path, but this guy was set off by 1 season. I don't know why the Kings are so quick to give up on him.

DerekRE_3
06-17-2010, 07:01 PM
He needs a change of scenery badly. There is a reason that he was drafted 10th overall. It seems like he never really got a shot with Sacramento. I mean, he averaged 11 and 7 in his first full year on a God awful team. He took a slight step back last year, so we'll take him. He'll have a shot to get coaching help here, and I wouldn't be surprised if he can average around 13 and 8 or so this year, which would be a very good start. Let's remember, he came out early, and he should still be a Senior in college.

The Kings gave him every shot. They wanted him to be the starter, but he played like ****. He's also already had microfracture surgery.

beasted86
06-17-2010, 07:07 PM

PG- Jrue Holiday
SG- Evan Turner
SF- Andre Iguodala
PF- Thaddeus Young
C- Spencer Hawes

Sorry... that lineup is soft as pudding.

If your intention was to get them to tank and get another high draft pick, then you have succeeded. But I can't see them making the playoffs.

drobe86
06-17-2010, 07:13 PM
This trade means nothing for both teams. Waste of time, space, and a transaction. None of the above guys are more than 7th or 8th guys off the bench on good teams. If I'm the Kings why am I trading with Philadelphia? And vice versa..... What I mean is what can Dalembert do for Sac that he didn't do for Philly? And seriously Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes? That trade had to take all of about 3 minutes to do. Lets just trade trash.....

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 07:17 PM

This bar graph compares Spencer Hawes' stats in his first full season to the stats of Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowitzki, and Andrea Bargnani in their first full years. As you can see, they are pretty comparable.

Now ofcourse, Hawes hasn't continued the same path, but this guy was set off by 1 season. I don't know why the Kings are so quick to give up on him.

:laugh2: Wish you luck man. I would advise you to not have too high of expectations for Hawes. It'll save you the agony. Then again, he could revive your franchise, you never know :eyebrow:

Angel2Maverick
06-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Sixers....:facepalm:

FNM BOY
06-17-2010, 07:18 PM
^Laugh now...you are gonna see for yourself how much of dumb bat Sammy D is..u think Hawes pissed you off hahahaha....its gonna be interesting!

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2010, 07:21 PM
This is an odd trade, not so much for the players involved, but because of the draft implications. I thought Evan Turner was the #2 pick for sure! Derrick Favor has only played one year of college, and big men are such a gamble coming from college to the NBA (Greg Oden for example). I mean it give the 76ers a player with similar statline in hawes and a much smaller salary, but Nocioni... isnt there a back log of forward in the rotation in Philly already? I like Nocioni, dont get me wrong... I'm just not sure where this is going for either team, though I have been a fan of Dalembert and hope he finally reaches his full potential in a new system.

Kings Faithful
06-17-2010, 07:22 PM
^Laugh now...you are gonna see for yourself how much of dumb bat Sammy D is..u think Hawes pissed you off hahahaha....its gonna be interesting!

We don't need Sammy to be our decision maker... we need him to do exactly what he does... grab boards and block shots.

sacgiants1213
06-17-2010, 07:24 PM

if we hate sammy, the team will trade him at the deadline.

beasted86
06-17-2010, 07:24 PM
We don't need Sammy to be our decision maker... we need him to do exactly what he does... grab boards and block shots.

You are right, but Sammy doesn't do those things consistently, and sometimes thinks he's a player he is not.

But since he is expiring, expect him to be on his best behavior. Also the Sixers change head coaches like they change uniforms, hopefully he can settle into a role.

abe_froman
06-17-2010, 07:25 PM

i dont know why,but it always surprises me how so many people on here still dont understand the concepts of efficiency or defense

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Sorry... that lineup is soft as pudding.

agreed lol

Wow that's a steal for queens, but I don't know why sixers did it, they got another bad contract and another terrible player.And Hawes is the softest center in the league, twice as soft as Bargnani.

TheKing23
06-17-2010, 07:26 PM

When did Hawes average 14 points and 8 rebounds a game?

His best season was last year when he averaged 11 and 7.

Nocioni5
06-17-2010, 07:42 PM
funny user name :laugh2:

he was my favorite player until we trade him to Sacramento. And a fan favorite her in Chicago.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-17-2010, 07:43 PM

2 years of nocioni is worse than 1 years of sammy :laugh:

dougie5627
06-17-2010, 07:50 PM
the sixers took on another bad contract because they are no where near ready to compete and its a low risk to hope hawes reaches his potential. when brand and noc are expirings they are pretty nice trade pieces.. i honestly think they are playing the long game stocking as much talent as possible. in 3 years we will have jrue 23, turner, 24, thad, 24, speights 25 and hawes, 25.... also meeks lou smith wont be over 26. i could see iggy or thad getting traded tho hopefully for another lottery pick,

Liney3506
06-17-2010, 08:10 PM
We don't need Sammy to be our decision maker... we need him to do exactly what he does... grab boards and block shots.Good luck with that. Enjoy the turnaround jumpers from the elbow for no ****ing reason.

the sixers took on another bad contract because they are no where near ready to compete and its a low risk to hope hawes reaches his potential. when brand and noc are expirings they are pretty nice trade pieces.. i honestly think they are playing the long game stocking as much talent as possible. in 3 years we will have jrue 23, turner, 24, thad, 24, speights 25 and hawes, 25.... also meeks lou smith wont be over 26. i could see iggy or thad getting traded tho hopefully for another lottery pick,

Exactly. We get under the luxury tax, and get a smaller, more managable contract to deal next year. AND we get younger. Win.

spreadeagle
06-17-2010, 08:20 PM
HEDO FOR DALEMBERT hes canadian lol

SteveNash
06-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Where's oldenpolynice who argued with me that Spencer Hawes was one of the most versatile bigs in the league along with Dirk and Bargnani?

D Roses Bulls
06-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Where's oldenpolynice who argued with me that Spencer Hawes was one of the most versatile bigs in the league along with Dirk and Bargnani?

oh mr. nash, you know some people like to take a guy who has done nothing and say he will be awesome someday because he was pretty good in college and a lottery pick. just like the stephan a. smith hecklers said at the draft "Spencer Hawes will be a bust" and he is.

SteveNash
06-17-2010, 08:47 PM
oh mr. nash, you know some people like to take a guy who has done nothing and say he will be awesome someday because he was pretty good in college and a lottery pick. just like the stephan a. smith hecklers said at the draft "Spencer Hawes will be a bust" and he is.

Well basically his reasoning was that Hawes was shooting 50% from 3 while making or taking (can't remember) fewer than 1 shot a game. I guess 3 point shooting = versatility to some people.

Kyle916
06-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Actually the more I look at it, the better this trade gets for the Kings.

They manage to get rid of Nocioni's bad contract for a nice expiring (which could give them some leverage at the trade deadline), free up more playing time for Omri Casspi and Donte Greene and get a big man who can rebound and block some shots.

They still have enough money for a max contract aswell, even including the $2.7 million base rookie contract for the 5th pick.

Bench: Samuel Dalembert, Jason Thomson, Beno Udrih, Donte Greene, Francisco Garcia etc.

That's a nice team. Add to that the fact that they could move Dalembert for a nice piece at the deadline or let him expire and have about $12 million in cap room next year.

Agreed.

Giaps
06-17-2010, 10:21 PM
:confused: How exactly did you come to that conclusion?

Dalembert is a very useful player who is healthy and played all 82 games the last 4 years in a row. Curry is a useless player who hasn't finished a season in the past 3 years in a row.... and with him going bankrupt, no team can trade for him expecting him to take a buyout.
A buyout doesn't help any team because they have to pay his salary anyway. And to say Dalembert is "very useful" is giving him way too much credit. Sure he does some things well but they couldn't wait to get rid of him. As for Curry, he hasn't been able to stay healthy but he is currently at his lowest weight as a Knick. Regardless, expiring contracts are valuable simply because they are expiring... if the Knicks trade is $11.2 for a player or 2 or 3 that equal a few million less than his salary, they would save a few million. It's not impossible.

At least the Kings got a serviceable player that provides the rebounding and shot blocking they've been missing.

Eddy Curry would just add to the teams food bill.
Quite obvious you don't know the situation.

FaM0us Skins
06-17-2010, 11:07 PM
This will help the Kings

Hoopsadvocate
06-17-2010, 11:16 PM
A buyout doesn't help any team because they have to pay his salary anyway. And to say Dalembert is "very useful" is giving him way too much credit. Sure he does some things well but they couldn't wait to get rid of him. As for Curry, he hasn't been able to stay healthy but he is currently at his lowest weight as a Knick. Regardless, expiring contracts are valuable simply because they are expiring... if the Knicks trade is $11.2 for a player or 2 or 3 that equal a few million less than his salary, they would save a few million. It's not impossible.

Quite obvious you don't know the situation.

If your gonna call him out on his use of "very usefull" then one can easily call u out on the " certainly be able to trade curry". Everyone point was that dalembert is much more useful than curry except in terms of an expiring buy obviously not many people value that if not he would be gone. Luke eveyonea said he can at least stay healthy and contribute to a team through rebohndig and defense his contract is what mainly makes him unappealing while everythig about curry makes him unappealing.

td0tsfinest
06-17-2010, 11:21 PM
interesting. Hawes looked promising at the start of the season but he's faded away slowly. Not an impact trade but the players can make a difference.

zambo4president
06-17-2010, 11:56 PM
GREAT for Philly. Got rid of Sammy D AND got Nocioni and Hawes? Huge win.

mser58
06-18-2010, 12:18 AM
i dont know if anyone watched sammy d, but that guy blows

good riddance one step closer to rebuilding into a franchise which people tae serious

Illa215
06-18-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm happy that they got Nocioni actually. He was having a very productive career until the Kings got a hold of him. He should be back on track here. Also, Spencer Hawes has played in the NBA for 3 seasons with 3 different coaches and 3 different systems. Good luck with consistency there. I feel very confident that Collins can turn this kid around.

Oh, and the Kings have no idea what's coming their way in Sammy Dalembert. He is the dumbest basketball player. His basketball IQ is equal to that of a ******** Helen Keller. Now I understand that he didn't grow up playing the game, but come on... He had the most awkward looking jump shot, and he took more shots than Andre Iguodala. Atleast we get a younger Center who atleast has some upside.

Illa215
06-18-2010, 12:34 AM
This quote shows really how dumb and ignorant Samuel Dalembert is. He's always blaming his play(or lack of play) on someone else. He is one big ***.

"It’s like, wow, a fresh start, a team really wants me," Dalember told the Daily News' Phil Jasner in a phone interview today. "I believe I can help (the Kings) tremendously. Philly never said ‘You can really do this.’ I never felt I had a chance to be the player I’m capable of being.’’

Yea! Right? They only handed you 12 Million buck-a-****ing-roos when you were 20 years old. Have a nice time in Sacramento, *******. Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

Iggy8294
06-18-2010, 12:38 AM

they probably feel the same about nocioni

Kyle916
06-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Philly fans hate Dalembert, and they're saying the Kings get a horrible player.

Kings fans hate Nocioni (and Hawes to an extent), and they're saying the Sixers get horrible players.

sacgiants1213
06-18-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm happy that they got Nocioni actually. He was having a very productive career until the Kings got a hold of him. He should be back on track here. Also, Spencer Hawes has played in the NBA for 3 seasons with 3 different coaches and 3 different systems. Good luck with consistency there. I feel very confident that Collins can turn this kid around.

Oh, and the Kings have no idea what's coming their way in Sammy Dalembert. He is the dumbest basketball player. His basketball IQ is equal to that of a ******** Helen Keller. Now I understand that he didn't grow up playing the game, but come on... He had the most awkward looking jump shot, and he took more shots than Andre Iguodala. Atleast we get a younger Center who atleast has some upside.

yeah, Kings know they just received a 14 mil expiring contract.

DerekRE_3
06-18-2010, 12:53 AM

That's gonna change pretty soon.

Illa215
06-18-2010, 01:00 AM
That's gonna change pretty soon.

Ask Bulls fans about Nocioni.

I'll take the chance on a few very good years on a decent team in Chicago then 1 bad year on a terrible team in Sacramento.

DerekRE_3
06-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Ask Bulls fans about Nocioni.

I'll take the chance on a few very good years on a decent team in Chicago then 1 bad year on a terrible team in Sacramento.

And what kind of team were the Sixers last year?

Illa215
06-18-2010, 01:09 AM
And what kind of team were the Sixers last year?

They were a pitiful team, which is heading in the right direction. Did I ever say that they were a great team?

I am actually excited to be a Sixers fan. Jrue, Turner, Iggy, Thad, Lou, Hawes, Meeks, Speights, etc. They've got the talent. Now hopefully Doug Collins develops that talent.

DerekRE_3
06-18-2010, 01:17 AM
They were a pitiful team, which is heading in the right direction. Did I ever say that they were a great team?

I am actually excited to be a Sixers fan. Jrue, Turner, Iggy, Thad, Lou, Hawes, Meeks, Speights, etc. They've got the talent. Now hopefully Doug Collins develops that talent.

I agree, there's good young talent. But Noc is complete garbage. Doesn't matter who he plays for. His shot selection is terrible, his so called rep as a good defender is BS...he had one of the worst defensive ratings on the Kings, who are a **** defensive team, so it makes it quite an accomplishment to be THAT bad.

Just wait till you see Noc drive to the basket. You will begin to realize it's smart to pray that he just misses the shot because that's the best possible outcome. Usually he just got stripped and it lead to easy points for the other team. I will say this...Noc was a DPOY candidate for us, he stopped our offense cold as soon as he stepped onto the court.

thenetslegend
06-18-2010, 01:19 AM
evan turner to the nets

Illa215
06-18-2010, 01:25 AM
I agree, there's good young talent. But Noc is complete garbage. Doesn't matter who he plays for. His shot selection is terrible, his so called rep as a good defender is BS...he had one of the worst defensive ratings on the Kings, who are a **** defensive team, so it makes it quite an accomplishment to be THAT bad.

Just wait till you see Noc drive to the basket. You will begin to realize it's smart to pray that he just misses the shot because that's the best possible outcome. Usually he just got stripped and it lead to easy points for the other team. I will say this...Noc was a DPOY candidate for us, he stopped our offense cold as soon as he stepped onto the court.

What I'm saying is that he may have had a down year. That happens when guys go to bad teams. (Elton Brand)

Illa215
06-18-2010, 01:25 AM
evan turner to the nets

I would probably kill myself... :o

DerekRE_3
06-18-2010, 01:27 AM
What I'm saying is that he may have had a down year. That happens when guys go to bad teams. (Elton Brand)

It wasn't him just missing shots because he was off the whole year. It was his entire shot selection. Even if he had been a good shooter last year most of his shots he took would have been questionable. His drives to the basket...just pure idiocy. Maybe he suddenly became ******** for a year...but other than that...the guy just isn't good. He got really overrated in Chicago. People just cling to those 1 or 2 good years he had there.

thenetslegend
06-18-2010, 01:29 AM
I would probably kill myself... :o

why? 6ers fan? :p

Illa215
06-18-2010, 01:29 AM
I'll take your word for it.

I didn't watch him at all on the Kings or Bulls, so you could very well be right on that he has terrible shot selection. We'll see. Hopefully he turns it around here, and Sammy turns it around for you guys.

Illa215
06-18-2010, 01:30 AM
why? 6ers fan? :p

Exactly. If the Nets take Turner, then the Sixers took Favors... :mad:

thenetslegend
06-18-2010, 01:41 AM
favors is pretty good. turner or favors i will be happy with, but im leaning towards turner of course :) you have to admit favors is an upgrade over yi and elton brand

Illa215
06-18-2010, 01:53 AM
favors is pretty good. turner or favors i will be happy with, but im leaning towards turner of course :) you have to admit favors is an upgrade over yi and elton brand

Of course. He is a prime example of a boom or bust. He has the upside to be a superstar, but then he could just fall on his face. I could see him going either way. Not sold on him yet.

While I love Turner, I still dont see him being a star. Like a Brandon Roy. He'll be a very good player, but won't be that franchise saving star.