PDA

View Full Version : Source: "Amare's done, He's gone"

kswissdaf
06-17-2010, 09:55 AM
The fun days are over, the feel-good is finished. The first indication is the departure of easygoing general manager Steve Kerr, and the sure sign will come when Amare Stoudemire leaves as a free agent.

So Kerr's out. Stoudemire's next.

"Amare's done," according to the source. "He's gone."

That will be the final breakdown of the team that won 62 games in 2004-05 while ushering in a new era of scoreboard-straining ball.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20100617#STORY_26665#ixzz0r7OuK3X2

I think he is going to NY

Raidaz4Life
06-17-2010, 09:56 AM
New York or Miami

marlinsfan24
06-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Miami!

NYKalltheway
06-17-2010, 10:00 AM
I think it will depend on who the Nets will draft. If they get Turner, then I think Amare is going there. Don't see him at the Knicks really. Chicago or New Jersey. (Miami will get one of Boozer or Bosh imo)

mikantsass
06-17-2010, 10:01 AM
NY, NJ, or MIA....... Either way the East keeps getting better

todu82
06-17-2010, 10:06 AM
I think Amare goes to New York as well.

Kakaroach
06-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Never can count too much on these mysterious sources. Just because Kerr leaves doesn't automatically mean Amare is leaving. I'm sure they can still re-sign him.

JOSKOMANG4
06-17-2010, 10:18 AM
- I say A'Mare to the Knicks only if they can work out a S&T w/David Lee!

- Then the Knicks sign JOe JOhnson 5yr 82.5 mill

- Then trade for PG!!! Though many have shot this down, I can see the Bulls, b/c they lack depth at center and are willing to negotiate getting rid of one of their lengthy contracts, will trade Kirk Hinrich straight up for Curry. Then hopefully the Bulls can work out a buyout with Eddie Curry so then can focus on signing Chris Bosh!

Knicks Starting Lineup:

C) A'Mare
PF) Al Harrington(Resign, MLE)
SF) D.Gallanari
SG) J.Johnson
PG) K. Hinrich

Key Bench:

SF/SG W.chandler
SG/PG T.Douglass
PF/SF B.Walker
SG/PG S.Rodriguez

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-17-2010, 10:59 AM

- Then trade for PG!!! Though many have shot this down, I can see the Bulls, b/c they lack depth at center and are willing to negotiate getting rid of one of their lengthy contracts, will trade Kirk Hinrich straight up for Curry. Then hopefully the Bulls can work out a buyout with Eddie Curry so then can focus on signing Chris Bosh!

Knicks Starting Lineup:

C) A'Mare
SF) D.Gallanari
SG) J.Johnson
PG) K. Hinrich

Key Bench:

SF/SG W.chandler
SG/PG T.Douglass
PF/SF B.Walker
SG/PG S.Rodriguez

Knicks have no MLE, cause they are under the cap

Wade_County
06-17-2010, 11:01 AM
depends on Bosh, but i think Mia or NYK as well.

29$JerZ
06-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Actually I see Amar'e going to Miami before NY

Wade_County
06-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Actually I see Amar'e going to Miami before NY

Yea i think so to, but there have been a lot of reports about Riley favoring Bosh over Amare so only about 2 more weeks to all this finally plays out.

Chicagofaithful
06-17-2010, 11:20 AM
I think Amare wants Miami first and foremost but Miami wants Bosh first and foremost...

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Don't care where he goes, just as long as he leaves the Pacific Conference

Wade_County
06-17-2010, 11:21 AM
I think Amare wants Miami first and foremost but Miami wants Bosh first and foremost...

couldnt have said it better myself.

defender4m
06-17-2010, 11:25 AM
He said its either the Heat, Nets and Suns. So if he leave phoenix then it comes down to the heat or nets.

Wade_County
06-17-2010, 11:26 AM
He said its either the Heat, Nets and Suns. So if he leave phoenix then it comes down to the heat or nets.

Avery Johnson and Amare dont seem like they would mix well, just my opinion. He'd be better in NY.

xabial
06-17-2010, 11:27 AM
As the 2010 free agent pool expands...

JordansBulls
06-17-2010, 11:34 AM
I think he is going to NY

Let him go to Miami.

Heater4life
06-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Bosh first amare second imo

avrpatsfan
06-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Miami for sure. Bosh is going to New York so they wouldn't need Amare.

Wade_County
06-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Miami for sure. Bosh is going to New York so they wouldn't need Amare.

Theres a better chance of Bosh being in LA then NY.

nycericanguy
06-17-2010, 11:41 AM

Knicks Starting Lineup:

C) A'Mare
SF) D.Gallanari
SG) J.Johnson
PG) K. Hinrich

Key Bench:

SF/SG W.chandler
SG/PG T.Douglass
PF/SF B.Walker
SG/PG S.Rodriguez

sergio is going back overseas, and if you think for one second nY would bring back Harrington even if he agreed to come back for free... then i'm sorry you just dont know anything about their situation.

nycericanguy
06-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Either Amare or Bosh will team up with Wade in MIA, the other will team up with Lebron in NY IMO.

joe j.09
06-17-2010, 11:44 AM
out of these four 2 will end up in miami and two in NY in my opinion:

NY: Lebron and amare or bosh
Miami: wade and amare or bosh

thephoenixson28
06-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Not to long ago he called the suns plan A. So maybe its chad ford making up rumors again.

JPHX
06-17-2010, 11:48 AM
I never trust any of yahoo's sources. This is just a strong, logical assumption.

More-Than-Most
Blessing for the Suns to be honest. Nash can make anyone look good. Over paying for this guy would have been a huge mistake.

Southsideheat
well he's not going to Chicago, that's for sure.

NY2LA
06-17-2010, 12:02 PM
I see Amare and Boozer going to MIA.

PG (Draft Bledsoe)/ Chalmers
SG Wade
SF Beasley or trade for replacement
PF Boozer
C Amare

If Lebron goes to NY then Bosh will follow.

I see Lee ending up in PHX with or without a S&T.

Sox Appeal
06-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Never can count too much on these mysterious sources. Just because Kerr leaves doesn't automatically mean Amare is leaving. I'm sure they can still re-sign him.

If Starver wasn't one of the cheapeast owners in sports, I'd probably agree with you. Let's not forget, he's the same guy that traded away the draft rights to Rondo, Deng, etc, just to make a few million.

I'd be shocked if Amare doesn't end up in Miami.

prodigy
06-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Amare is from Miami and already expressed interest in returning. So unless the heat say no, I think he will play for them.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-17-2010, 12:13 PM

SG Wade
PF Boozer
C Amare

Only one who plays defense on that lineup is wade

terribly undersized lineup
and only one who plays defense on that lineup is wade lol

Lakers4ItAll
06-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Bosh or Amare will be going to Chicago or Miami

JerseysFinest
06-17-2010, 12:33 PM
I feel as if CB4 is the one going to Miami or Chicago, and if Chicago can't get CB4 they are going after David Lee or Boozer. I'm not trying to be biased here, but I do think the Nets have a very good shot at getting him, seeing as he has expressed trade interest in January and in the 08-09 season

Southsideheat
06-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Bosh or Amare will be going to Chicago or Miami

Chicago has no interest in Amare.

J Dub8299
06-17-2010, 12:38 PM
If Starver wasn't one of the cheapeast owners in sports, I'd probably agree with you. Let's not forget, he's the same guy that traded away the draft rights to Rondo, Deng, etc, just to make a few million.

I'd be shocked if Amare doesn't end up in Miami.

I think for people to be saying this they donít really have a clue...Sarver doesnít want to spend money? Hello look at the salary cap since he has been owner they have been over it every year and top 5 in total team payroll more than once. That sounds like he spends money to me not to mention the fact that there were 21 other teams that had a smaller payroll than the suns this year and only 8 who had a higher payroll. As far as him trading away those guys you speak of sorry but that was D'antoni's deal right there he has stated more than once in papers here in AZ that he is not in this league to develop young talent he wants veterans. He was the reason behind sending our draft picks and young guys out of here when he was here, now he is in NY and he already had his hand in a trade that moved promising big man Jordan Hill.

Hey I love AĎmare he is exciting! But not at the max for 6 years if Miami wants to pay him 130 million something for 6 years be my guest, because in 3 years thatís gonna be one of the contracts that teams are just like we want out of this. His knee is gonna be pretty well busted up by that time and need another surgery not to mention the fact that he can't rebound consistently or play good defense consistently. I wish the suns could get him for 3 years maybe 4 attached to the one year option he has left at this point but not anything over that. He is a guy that can give you about 21 ppg but give up 25-30 on the other end. It just doesnít make since to give him a 6 year deal. He does not deserve max money he just isnít one of those guys but I like him as a second option and hope we can get more consistency out of him.

BoysBullsM'sFan
06-17-2010, 12:41 PM
I would love for Amare to come to Chicago.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-17-2010, 12:49 PM

Knicks Starting Lineup:

C) A'Mare
SF) D.Gallanari
SG) J.Johnson
PG) K. Hinrich

Key Bench:

SF/SG W.chandler
SG/PG T.Douglass
PF/SF B.Walker
SG/PG S.Rodriguez

Not in a million years buddy

DerekRE_3
06-17-2010, 12:51 PM
If he's smart he'll try to join D-Wade before Bosh does.

ackar
06-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Miami

THE MTL
06-17-2010, 03:05 PM
I see Amare leaving for Miami. Im just a little surprised about the lack of rumors of Amare o Chicago I guess there is no attraction there from both sides.

jackdawson
06-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Miami will consider Amare only if Bosh says no first.

Sadds The Gr8
06-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Bosh will go to MIA. Amare will prolly go to the bulls or somethin...

wmudford
06-17-2010, 04:56 PM

SG Wade
PF Boozer
C Amare

I would love to see Lee in a suns uni

Kyben36
06-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Miami, Ny from what i understnad has no interest in amare, at least, Dantoni hasnt shown interest.

Master Mind
06-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Miami, Ny from what i understnad has no interest in amare, at least, Dantoni hasnt shown interest.

All that can change if those two teams don't land their primary targets--Lebron/Bosh etc.

Grifftiggs
06-17-2010, 05:14 PM
My Jammy

Punkindrublic03
06-17-2010, 05:14 PM
^Amare on Tolliver

LMAO. Facial

Suns fans can thank owner Robert Sarver for igniting the Suns self implosion.

abe_froman
06-17-2010, 05:18 PM
I see Amare leaving for Miami. Im just a little surprised about the lack of rumors of Amare o Chicago I guess there is no attraction there from both sides.

correcto,we have very little interest in pursuing him according to reports in chicago

JNA17
06-17-2010, 05:23 PM
amare is a knick

Kyben36
06-17-2010, 05:24 PM
All that can change if those two teams don't land their primary targets--Lebron/Bosh etc.

Amare was on the block before the trade deadline again this year, and as I understand, NY didnt even make an offer for him, which makes no sense, if NY was interested in amare, they would have offered lee for him, but the fact is, they arnt interested in him at all. Dantoni has coached amare, and if amare was as great as some people think, then dont you think Dantoni would have made a move for him. I just dont think that NY is interested at all in amare.

Truheatfan
06-17-2010, 05:40 PM
depends on Bosh, but i think Mia or NYK as well.

bosh wants a sign and trade so if 1 cant be completed asap than they should sign amare before another team does. i could see him with the nets as well as mia and nyk.

beasted86
06-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Believe it or not, assuming the Heat get Bosh, I'd want Amare in Chicago.... despite some of their idiotic waves of fans that have trolled this board recently who'd make you wish for the Bulls getting nobody at all.... I think being in Chicago with Rose would be a super athletic duo. The Bulls getting Amare & Mike Miller/Anthony Morrow would make for a good summer.

NJ will probably draft a PF/C, and NY doesn't seem interested in him. Clippers have Griffin, and Wizards seem like a bad fit.

slack_justin
06-17-2010, 06:44 PM
why does everyone think players want to go to NY? obviously no one ever goes there. The only great player who's went there in the last 20-30 years was ewing and he was drafted.

I think bosh goes to miami since bosh and wade were caught together recently. as for amare i have no idea. maybe new jersey,he stays , or ?

lavilevi23
06-17-2010, 06:49 PM
He's Miamis 2nd option at PF behind Bosh.

king4day
06-17-2010, 06:54 PM
NY makes no sense for him.
NJ would because he would have the other Lopez brother, or Miami cuz of Wade.
Otherwise, find a way to S/T with Orlando or anyone for that matter

DMasta718
06-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Don't see him coming here to NY but he is coming east. Most likely, Miami.

abe_froman
06-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Don't see him coming here to NY but he is coming east. Most likely, Miami.

think it'll be mia to

VinceCarter
06-17-2010, 09:30 PM
This is why Knicks fans are so funny. They think EVERYBODY is a potential candidate for their team. Amare has been linked to the Heat and the Nets.

I am a Nets fan but I am realistic about our free agency knowing that we will not get Wade or Bosh. Why? Because they are linked to other teams but not the Nets.

Robbw241
06-17-2010, 10:19 PM
I would welcome him with open arms to New Jersey. That being said I see us drafting Favors and eliminating the need for us to sign him. IMO he will go to Miami

Eagles4Lyfe
06-17-2010, 10:26 PM
miami wants bosh first and foremost but to bad there going to be stuck with amare in the end

fishfan79
06-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Amare to miami with Lebron and wade :)

The Jokemaker
06-17-2010, 10:34 PM
I still don't see Amare leaving Phoenix. If he does I think he'll go to Miami to be with Wade or Knicks to be with LBJ.

boolish
06-18-2010, 12:39 AM
of course he is done in PHX. PHX is now rebuilding. They peaked. This is why Kerr is going back to broadcasting. KERR is no dummy. He sees the writing on the wall and knows that a small market team is going nowhere.

JPHX
06-18-2010, 12:42 AM
of course he is done in PHX. PHX is now rebuilding. They peaked. This is why Kerr is going back to broadcasting. KERR is no dummy. He sees the writing on the wall and knows that a small market team is going nowhere.

No. Kerr left because our owner financially handcuffed the team. If we had a different owner we would be a contender next year.

VinceCarter
06-18-2010, 01:17 AM
I still don't see Amare leaving Phoenix. If he does I think he'll go to Miami to be with Wade or Knicks to be with LBJ.

:badidea:

OT Thriller
06-18-2010, 01:31 AM
Im not a Knicks fan but I see him going to New York honestly. Either him or Boozer are ending up there because they will offer the max. I dont see New Jersey offering the max because they can draft Favors. And with Bosh as Miami's first option, I see Amare in New York.

xxcubs22xx
06-18-2010, 02:09 AM
it depends on....free agency. thats what it depends on.

Wade_County
06-18-2010, 11:18 AM
bosh wants a sign and trade so if 1 cant be completed asap than they should sign amare before another team does. i could see him with the nets as well as mia and nyk.

Well even with a sign and trade Bosh would have to want to play for NJ and i dont see that.

Wade_County
06-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Amare to miami with Lebron and wade :)

:pray:

nycericanguy
06-18-2010, 11:58 AM
This is why Knicks fans are so funny. They think EVERYBODY is a potential candidate for their team. Amare has been linked to the Heat and the Nets.

I am a Nets fan but I am realistic about our free agency knowing that we will not get Wade or Bosh. Why? Because they are linked to other teams but not the Nets.

how is that funny? of course we will look at every Free Agent as a potential candidate. Sounds like common sense to me to explore all options. :confused:

Everyone's been linked everywhere, its the off season, there are tons of rumors, that doesn't mean you don't go after guys. You really seriously believe MIA & NJ are the only teams Amare will consider? That's lunacy.

Reyes6
06-18-2010, 12:02 PM
I say New Jersey, with a good PF... they are a decent team. With Yi, they are the worst team in basketball lol.

thedfactor
06-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Not a shock really. I think he'll choose Miami and play with Wade.

blah-blah
06-18-2010, 12:14 PM
i disagree i think hes staying

uptownfan
06-18-2010, 12:14 PM
If I had to guess, I would say he either winds up in Miami or New York, but Chicago and New Jersey will definitely be in the hunt