PDA

View Full Version : PSD NBA Round Table Discussion: Dirk, Joe Johnson, Boozer & Lee...Where to?

Sports Illustrator
06-17-2010, 08:25 AM
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/343/ree01.png
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/3666/ree02.png
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7662/ree03.png

Welcome to ProSportsDaily.com's Round Table discussion group. This is a continued series here at PSD where we pose a question to our writing staff and they answer.

The free agency topics is one of the hottest topics out right now in the NBA. Last week we talked where Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudemire will possibly go to. Where those players go can very well influence where other players go as well. This week it will be all about Dirk Nowitzki, Joe Johnson, Carlos Boozer and David Lee. Of course it is hard to guess where the players go, but our round table discussion writers made their best guesses possible.

With that said, here is what our experts have to say:

td0tsfinest: Dirk Nowitzki

With very high expectations after acquiring Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood, the Dallas Mavericks made an early playoff exit at the hands of the San Antonio Spurs. After Dirk’s decision to opt out of his contract few days later, several speculations of potential suitors hit the internet. When I first heard Dirk Nowitzki would be looking for a new contract, the initial thing that popped in my mind is what he said a while back:

"I'm very fortunate that I've made a lot of money in this league, even though I've never really played for money. I love the sport. I love this organization. Obviously, I want to win. I won the MVP, and individually, there's nothing really left but winning a championship.
"If that means I have to play for less money, it's all possible. It's all open.'

So it seems Dirk may not be looking for the big pay check but rather a team that is ready to contend. Many believe the Phoenix Suns are a favourite. This could reunite the once potent duo of Nash and Nowitzki. There are also rumours of the New York Knicks and the Miami Heat being interested.
But when it comes down to it, it’s hard to see Dirk Nowitzki in a uniform other than a Dallas Mavericks’. He has been part of this organization his entire NBA career and I don’t see that changing. He will be back in Dallas next season and do not be surprised if Dirk pulls a Duncan and takes a pay cut.

Prediction: Dirk Nowitzki will Re-sign with the Mavericks

Joe Johnson

Joe Johnson is often referred as the most underrated player in the league, often flying under the radar when discussing the best players in the league. While playing in arguably the most lopsided series in NBA history, Joe Johnson had some heated words towards the ATL fans, pretty much signalling the end of Joe Johnson’s career in a Hawk’s uniform.
He may not be a typical NBA superstar but JJ is a well round offensive weapon that could be used on any team. In my opinion, Joe Johnson will be looking to sign with a big name city. Both Miami and Chicago are intriguing choices. He could form a compelling duo with either Dwayne Wade or Derrick Rose but when it comes down to it, I think Joe Johnson will be aiming at the top of the list. The glitz and glamour and popularity boost he could receive in New York may satisfy Joe Johnson. It should be an easy transition to a system he’s already played in.

Prediction: Joe Johnson will Sign with the New York Knicks

Carlos Boozer

With the rise of Paul Milsap, it seemed almost certain that Boozer would not be a Utah Jazz comes next season. But after reading some posts from our fellow PSDers, Boozer maybe the one to stay. Following a guest appearance on ESPN’s “Jim Rome is Burning”, Boozer said he hopes the Utah Jazz are “very aggressive” in their attempts to re-sign him. He then went on to say “You know, this is a team I’m proud to be a part of and I hope it’s an option for me to come back and stay”.

However, his asking price maybe too high for the Utah Jazz. The 28 year old will be heavily coveted by some big names like Chicago, Miami and New York. In my opinion, I think each of those teams’ primary big man target is Chris Bosh. I wouldn’t be surprised if Boozer’s signing comes after Chris Bosh, accepting an offer from the runner up in the Chris Bosh sweepstake.

Prediction: Carlos Boozer signs with the New York Knicks

David Lee

After a great 2010 campaign, David Lee has proved he is a great talent in this league. However, Lee’s destination is cloudy. With New York ready to make a big splash this offseason, he may not have a future with the Knicks.

It is possible to see David Lee go the opposite way in double sign and trade in one of New York’s big acquisitions. But I think David Lee’s new home will not be far from his old one. He has expressed his interest in the Nets and there are rumours that this interest maybe mutual. Lee could form a good duo with Brook Lopez down low and allow the Nets to not rush the development of potential draftee, Derrick Favours

Prediction: David Lee signs with the New Jersey Nets

macc: Predicting where players go is pretty much impossible, so these will be just shots in the dark.

Dirk Nowitzki - I don't see Dirk going anywhere, to me this is the easiest one to call. Dallas fans love him and his owner will do anything to keep the guy. Every year is exciting for a Dallas fan because Cuban is always trying to rework his roster to give them a championship team. Obviously they haven't got it yet but they've been close. At least his owner tries to tweak their team which is more than alot of other owners can say. I think Dirk realizes this and will end up staying, unless theres an offer to good to pass up. In any case, he's staying in Dallas.

Joe Johnson - This is tough to call. My instinct tells me he's going to resign as well. Joe Johnson and the Atlanta Hawks have built a respectable franchise and I don't think they're to far away from contending. The only thing telling me he'll leave is Jamal Crawford. He's an absolute stud and to me should be the first option on their team. I think a sign and trade to get Atlanta back some pieces to build around Crawford and Smith would go along ways. In the end I think he'll stay, only so many teams have money and theres bigger names out there that will get it before he does. Plus his play in this years playoffs didn't quite help his cause to much. Johnson stays in Atlanta.

Carlos Boozer - I don't think he'll be in Utah next year. With Millsap and Okur under contract through 2012/13 that shores up Utahs front line for a while. I see them using Boozers money to improve their peremeter. As far as where he'll go I have no clue. My instinct tells me he'll go to New Jersey or New York. Boozer doesn't come off as a free agent who "just wants to win" at this point of his career. I believe he wants at least one more big contract before he's done. I think he'll go to whatever team can pay him the most.

David Lee - He will be the most sought after PF free agent after Bosh/Amare/Boozer. Which means he won't be getting near max money or anything but maybe in that 8-12 million per. I think enough teams can get creative enough with their financial situations to free up that kind of money for him. Which is telling me he could be on a number of teams. I just don't think he'll be back in New York unless the Knicks.

Those are my guesses....whats yours?

ManRamForPrez24: I know my topic wasn't about LeBron, but you simply cannot discuss free-agency with out him. I started off by guessing, and found that futile. So instead, I decided to treat it like a puzzle, and use some logic.

Salary cap figures

Teams that can sign two max players out-right: Miami ($30.67M, because Wade counts as one) and NYK ($18.64M)

Teams that can sign one max player out-right: NJN ($26.63M), CHI ($31.85M), WAS ($41.02M), SAC ($34M) and LAC ($33.53M).

The rest of the teams, baring some major creativity, can't sign a max free-agent out-right. And let me just remind you, sign and trades are much more rare than people think.

The Domino-Effect

I think this off-season is nothing but a major domino-effect. Before I explain why, let me rank the order of free agents.

1. LeBron 2. Wade 3. Bosh 4. Dirk 5. JJ 6. Amare 7. Boozer 8. Lee

I think, for the most part, the free agents will sign in that order...so, these four guys are going to go where the first four dictate them going. It's really a crapshoot. The LeBron/Wade/Amare/Bosh sweepstakes directly impact Johnson and Lee. I think Dirk and Boozer are independent from that chaos.

The scenarios

First off, Wade is staying in Miami, regardless.
Secondly, Dirk is staying in Dallas too, unless NYK snags him, which I'll discuss later.

LeBron stays in Cleveland.

Bosh's options are limited, but if he wants to play along with a star, Miami is where he'll go
New York has just missed out on the big three, so they either go after Amare and JJ, or just Dirk.
Amare goes to New York
Johnson goes to New York
Boozer to Chicago (maybe they go after Ray-Ray)
Lee stays is an after-thought, and signs with a team like Washington or NJ for more than he should get

LeBron goes to Chicago

Bosh goes to Miami (I'm beginning to think this is a slam dunk)
New York is shafted again, and has to decide between play D (JJ and Amare) and plan F (Dirk) or even plan G (let's not talk about that, for the Knicks fans' sake)
Amare goes to New York
Johnson goes to New York
Boozer becomes more valuable. Chicago probably can't get him unless he takes less than the max. I have no idea where he'd go. So, Jersey offers him the max (oops)
Lee follows LeBron to Chicago

LeBron goes to New York: things get FUN!

Now Bosh actually has a decision. If I'm Bosh, I go to NYK in a heart beat.
Amare goes to Miami
Chicago must decide between Boozer or Johnson. They take Johnson.
Lee ends up in NJ or Washington
Boozer is shafted. He ends up in NJ or Washington (opposite of Lee)

LeBron to Jersey: see scenario #3, but swap "NY" for "NJ"

LeBron to the Clippers: see scenario 1

So, no matter how much you dislike the man...this is the Summer of LeBron. I have an inkling he goes to NYK.

And after he makes his decision, watch everything else unfold. Should be fun!

Kakaroach: Amazing that there are other free agents besides LeBron, Bosh, Amare, and Wade, isn't it? Anyways we'll take a look at the second tier of free agents this summer.

Dirk Nowitzki - I think there is no doubt Dirty Dirk will be staying in Big D for the rest of his career. He has said multiple times how much he loves Dallas, his teammates, and Mark Cuban so it just wouldn't make any sense for him to leave. Cuban will offer him what he wants and he'll stay.

Joe Johnson - This one is a bit tricky. JJ has expressed interest in returning to the Hawks but also has said he will explore his options. As seen from his time when he demanded a trade from Phoenix, Johnson will be looking for whoever has the most moolah to offer. If the Knicks or Nets strike out on the top tier they will look to Johnson and if things work out, he could get a max. But ya never know, Hawks management has said they will re-sign JJ no matter what the cost.

Carlos Boozer - This one hits home, seeing as how I'm a Jazz fan. As much as I would love to have the 20/10 back for a few more years, I just don't see it happening. He has burned too many bridges with the people here in Utah and the Jazz management. Plus we have a very difficult luxury tax to work with, making it so that Korver and Boozer will walk. My prediction is going to be the Bulls.

David Lee - Great hustle, great work ethic, and brings it every night. Who wouldn't want that on their team? As it turns out, the New York Knicks. They will be taking a huge risk by going after the top-tier and potentially allowing Lee to walk. He already gave them a chance last season and they showed they were not loyal to him. This season depends on what offers Lee gets. If the top-tier signs in a hurry, the Knicks could bring Lee back depending on the cap situation. If not, I see him going to the Nets with the Thunder as an underdog.

hugepatsfan: Dirk: He's going to sign a max deal in DAL. I'm not going to waste my time with an explanation of any alternates because I would bet anything that this happens.

Joe Johnson:

Option 1 - NYK
I think he makes a lot of sense for NY. I think for them to win a chapionship, they need to keep Galinari at the SF spot because if he plays PF he will be Rashard Lewis 2.0 - not enough interior tougness. That would push Wilson Chandler out of the SF spot. He could play SG, but I think he would be better off as a 6th man than. JJ could be that SG that lets him be just that. I am convinced Lebron is going to CHI and Bosh to MIA, so I think JJ makes a great consolation prize to the Knicks. If they sign him to play SG, Amare to play PF, and trade Eddy Curry's expiring deal to NO for Emaka Okafor, they would have a great starting 5 of Tony Douglas, JJ, Galinari, Stat, and Okafor with a great 6th man in Chandler.

Option 2 - CHI
If for some strange reason they miss out on Lebron, they could use their cap space for JJ. I catually think that would be easier for CHI (but not as good). If they add Lebron, they still need a SG and a PF. I feel those are their biggest needs. If they use their cap on a SF (Lebron), they need to use Deng and some other pieces to deal for a SG or a PF and try to patch up the other. Obviously the reward of adding Lebron would be FAR greater once they got everything else figured out (I think it would take next offseason to really set the team up if they did that). Even if CHI adds Lebron, I can see an outside chance of a Hinrich+Deng S&T for JJ (ATL would want a SG to keep Crawford on the bench and they could use a SF that would make Marvin Williams a combo-forward off the bench instead of a starter). Teams don't usually take back long term deals in S&Ts though, so I don't see this as very likely.

Option 3 - DAL
This option would require a S&T. I think DAL has a problem on their roster - Shawn Marion and Caron Butler are both SFs. They used Butler at SG, but I think that he is better off at SF. I mentioned in the CHI post that ATL would be better if they upgraded at SF and moved Marvin Williams to the bench. Caron Butler and one of Dallas' many expirings for JJ makes sense for both sides. Butler is an expiring as well, so ATL could try it for a year with no long term risk if it doesn't work out.
MY PICK - Option 1

Carlos Boozer

Option 1 - MIA
This is an obvious match that has been discussed already. MIA needs a lot of help in the frontcourt and has the cap space to add to it. Bosh is the guy I think they will get, but Boozer would be great of they can't get their main guy. Amare would be another alternative to Bosh for them to consider.

Option 2 - NJ
They have the money to spend and I don't see any of the other big guys going to NJ. Not that they're a bad team to go to (great core, IMO), but I just don't see it happening for them. They have a high pick that they are expected to use on a PF, so that might complicate this signing. They would be better off adding role players this year and then signing Melo with the left over cap room next year, IMO.

Option 3 - NYK
I think Bosh and Amare are better fits in NY, but they might feel pressure to land some big names and splurge on Boozer of their options fall through. I see Bosh as a shoe-in for MIA and Stat as a likely guy to stay in PHX, so Boozer might be their best option. He could definately succeed in NY, but they would need to add a big C next to him. I actually think this is the case with all 3 bg name PF FAs this offseason. That's the reason I see a Curry-Okafor swap making a lot of sense for NY.

Option 4 - ORL
This would be a S&T - Gortat+Bass for Boozer (other pieces might be sprinkled in). I doubt this happens, but it has been a rumor in some places so I though I would at least mention it.

Option 5 - OKC
This would be a great situation for Boozer team wise, but not financially. I can see Boozer being the man left out this summer, meaning he might not get as much money. If he can accept a lower deal in OKC, he would be in a great spot to win. This would push Jeff Green into a 6th man role, where I think he could thrive because of his ability to play either forward spot.
MY PICK - Option 3

David Lee

Option 1 - NYK
I think the Knicks would sign a bigger name PF before they resigned Lee because of fan pressure to add a big name. It would look bad to save up for years and then resign your own guy instead of adding a bigger name. But if no one else is willing to go to NY, they might have to resign Lee.

Option 2 - OKC
This is the most likely one for me. They have the cap space and he fits their scheme. I already touched on why he would be a fit for OKC in the Boozer to OKC explanation.
MY PICK - Option 2

Korman12: Sitting in the shadows of the other top tier free agents are another solid group of former All-Stars who are potentially looking for a new home. While the offseason may be more focused on the every minor detail of where LeBron might end up, this group of players may ultimately shape up what the league will look like for the next several years. Here’s where I think they’ll most likely end up by the beginning of next season:

Dirk Nowitzki – The first shock of the offseason came when Nowitzki, the face of the Dallas Mavericks franchise for an entire decade, decided to opt out of the final year of his contract with the team. Unlike most of the other free agents we’ve been talking about, however, most signs point to Nowitzki staying in Dallas, hoping to rework a new contract with the team. Even if he decides to test the free agent waters, which would be shocking to say the least, Dirk will be 32 years-old next Saturday; the oldest of the high-priced free agents. That, and the fact that Dallas seems to be the only team looking to sign him, point to Dirk staying where he is.

Destination – Dallas

Joe Johnson – Johnson is perhaps the most difficult of the free agents to pin-point. A four-time All-Star in Atlanta, Johnson was mired in poor post-season play in the second round of playoffs in 2009 and 2010, earning criticism from experts and fans alike. Is he a max contract player? Is he really a star in this league? For Johnson, who turns 29 later this month, those questions (along with where everyone else is going) will predicate his ultimate destination. So where does he go? For most of the biggest buyers in the league (New York, New Jersey, Chicago, etc) LeBron, Wade and Bosh are all the top targets. For Johnson, this means he may end up where the others don’t. And from all the talk we’ve heard, it looks like the Knicks or Nets will end up grabbing him. So if I had to say anything, it’s that Johnson will end up being one of those teams’ plan b.

Destination – New York or New Jersey

Carlos Boozer – The guy who seems to be in trade talks every single year may ultimately end up going somewhere other than Salt Lake come July 1. While not as coveted as other high-profile power forward’s Amare Stoudemire and Chris Bosh, the two-time All Star and Olympic gold medalist rebounded nicely after a disappointing 2008-09 season, increasing his statistics across the board. Still, the 28 year-old’s destination ultimately depends on where the other players end up. Most signs would put Miami as a principle destination because of his association with the city, but that would only be the case if Bosh or Amare aren’t in the works. His best option, however may be to stay with a good team in Utah.

Destination – Utah

David Lee – Lee, the first Knick All-Star in nine years, is perhaps the most underrated of the 2010 free agent class. Playing as an undersized center in New York, Lee had a career season, averaging over 20 ppg and 11 rpg (one of only two players to do so). If Lee’s looking for a big contract, however, he probably will be the odd man out in this free agent group. Many teams can afford him, but few have the need for him. So, that points realistically to two possible destinations: staying in New York, or, in my honest opinion, Oklahoma City. If the Knicks don’t land any high-profile free agents then Lee will more than likely stay. If the team does, however, Lee could be forced to move. Assuming they do, I’ll say he’s out.

Destination – Oklahoma City

And that's what our round table discussion writers think. How about you? Where do you think these players will be signing to? Do you agree or disagree with anything our writers have said? Let us know!

marlinsfan24
06-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Good job guys, I especially enjoyed ManRamForPresidents write up. You guys put a lot of work into these which make them really fun to read for us all

ManRam
06-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Definitely great work guys.

I left out the David Lee to OKC option, but that definitely is a possibility, and definitely would be great for both parties.

I agree with the guys saying Boozer will go where the money is. He's already shown that's all he cares about before.

I definitely think this off-season is going to live up to some of its hype, which is different, because off-seasons usually always look better 1-2 years down the road than they actually end up being.

Kakaroach
06-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Great job as usual fellas. Loved reading them as always. Funny how we all pretty much agree on Boozer. :sigh:

Avenged
06-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Good read guys.

Looks like the majority think Boozer will be leaving Utah and Dirk staying with Dallas. I think this is the most likely scenario for these guys.

td0tsfinest
06-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Good job guys. Manram + Lebron = :love:
:D

Its the right assessment though. A lot of FAs are going to wait and see what Lebron does and than your probably going to see a slew of players agreeing to contracts.

JordansBulls
06-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Excellent stuff guys. I think it will be a domino effect. I actually think Wade will be the first to decide to stay and then you will have someone join him in Miami. At that point, Lebron will make his decision and someone will join him whether it is Chicago, NY or Cle.

Joe Johnson and Boozer will go to the team that pays them the most.

mikantsass
06-17-2010, 11:55 AM
I think Amare to NY is a lock, he will dominate with D'Antoni again and that means Lee is going elsewhere.... I think either OKC, Sac or LAC

NJ will splurge big Russian $$$$ on someone, Im thinking JJ because the team needs a solid established wing (they can address PF in the draft with Favors)

Chicago didnt clear cap space for nothing, they will throw money at someone. I think its Boozer here. He and Noah are a tough PF/c combo

Dirk will test the waters. But lets be serious Cuban is in love with the guy, no way he lets him walk

mrker
06-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Great work.......... What happens if the suns and the Raptors make moves that before the draft that puts them in the running for their stars... Do Amare and Bosh Still Leave?

ManRam
06-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Excellent stuff guys. I think it will be a domino effect. I actually think Wade will be the first to decide to stay and then you will have someone join him in Miami. At that point, Lebron will make his decision and someone will join him whether it is Chicago, NY or Cle.

Joe Johnson and Boozer will go to the team that pays them the most.

Wade could sign first, definitely. But him staying in Miami won't set off as many chain reactions as when LeBron decides. I think most everyone and their grandmas are expecting him to stay put in Miami.

NYKalltheway
06-17-2010, 12:47 PM
There's a slight possibility that Dirk will go to Europe. He has a huge offer from a team there but I won't say anymore. There's less than 5% that it will happen

Lakers4ItAll
06-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Lebron is going to shock everyone and sign with the Clippers. Wade stays in Miami and Bosh signs there with him. The Bulls get either Dirk or Amare. NY gets Boozer and JJ. The Nets and Wizards get garbage.

Lakers4ItAll
06-17-2010, 12:51 PM
There's a slight possibility that Dirk will go to Europe. He has a huge offer from a team there but I won't say anymore. There's less than 5% that it will happen

You're an idiot if you even think there is a chance Dirk leaves the NBA :facepalm:

JOSKOMANG4
06-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Let's talk FA!

1) Nets get Lebron James(max deal) & make a trade for Wolves PF Al Jefferson.

Trade: Nets acquire Al Jefferson & rights to ricky rubio from Wolves in exchanged for SG Court Lee, SF Chris Douglass-Roberts, PF K.Humphries, and 2-1st rd picks(3rd overall & 27th overall).

2) Knicks get A'Mare Stoudamire(max. S&T w/Phoenix for David Lee). & Joe Johnson(5yr 82.5 mill)

3) Heat resign Wade & sign Chris Bosh

4) Dirk resigns w/Mavs.

5) Boozer works out a S&T and goes to Orlando.

ManRam
06-17-2010, 02:44 PM
The Boozer S&T to Orlando rumor has been talked about a lot in the Magic forum. I haven't seen anything really noteworthy outside of forums suggestion that it's a real possibility, but I personally would love it.

Kakaroach
06-17-2010, 02:54 PM
The Boozer S&T to Orlando rumor has been talked about a lot in the Magic forum. I haven't seen anything really noteworthy outside of forums suggestion that it's a real possibility, but I personally would love it. And we Jazz fans would love it if we got Bass+Gortat. But yeah I haven't seen any real rumors/news about that either.

Rivera
06-17-2010, 02:54 PM
1. LeBron - Knicks

2. Wade - Miami

3. Bosh - Bulls

4. Dirk - Mavs

5. JJ - Knicks

6. Amare - Miami

7. Boozer - NJ Nets

8. Lee - Spurs (S & T type deal for parker

knicks

parker
JJ
lbj
Gallo
eddy curry lmao

miami

chalmers
wade
beas
haslem
amare

chi

rose
kirk
deng
bosh
noah

NJ Nets

harris
lee
williams
booz
brooke

spurs

Hill
Manu
RJ
Lee
Duncan

awmathewsjr
06-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Good Job Fellas
But I think New Jersey gonna pull a rabbit out of the hat. It won't be any of the Big 3(LJ,D.Wade or Bosh), But watch out for a Dirk/Avery Johnson reunion(Not to mention the Euro connection with him and Mikhail Prokhorov). I also agree with Korman12 on the JJ destination. Imagine That:
PG D.Harris
SG J.Johnson
SF C.Douglas-Roberts
PF D.Nowitski
C B.Lopez
Can NJ be the new Dallas Mavericks?

ManRam
06-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Good Job Fellas
But I think New Jersey gonna pull a rabbit out of the hat. It won't be any of the Big 3(LJ,D.Wade or Bosh), But watch out for a Dirk/Avery Johnson reunion(Not to mention the Euro connection with him and Mikhail Prokhorov). I also agree with Korman12 on the JJ destination. Imagine That:
PG D.Harris
SG J.Johnson
SF C.Douglas-Roberts
PF D.Nowitski
C B.Lopez
Can NJ be the new Dallas Mavericks?

I think you have a good point. I never tied all of those three things together (obvious ones though). I thought that if they got the #1 pick, they would get LeBron...but oh well. I'd love to see them get someone, and Dirk would be a great fit.

Some team, be it Chicago, NYK, NJ, or Miami is going to have a really disappointing off-season. NJ getting Dirk would salvage things for them if they are the ones left in the cold. And between Avery and Prokhorov, they might be able to lure him in.

Dieselpi
06-17-2010, 03:35 PM
1. LeBron - Knicks

2. Wade - Miami

3. Bosh - Bulls

4. Dirk - Mavs

5. JJ - Knicks

6. Amare - Miami

7. Boozer - NJ Nets

8. Lee - Spurs (S & T type deal for parker

knicks

parker
JJ
lbj
Gallo
eddy curry lmao

miami

chalmers
wade
beas
haslem
amare

chi

rose
kirk
deng
bosh
noah

NJ Nets

harris
lee
williams
booz
brooke

spurs

Hill
Manu
RJ
Lee
Duncan

that would actually make the east fun to watch again.

awmathewsjr
06-17-2010, 04:37 PM
I think you have a good point. I never tied all of those three things together (obvious ones though). I thought that if they got the #1 pick, they would get LeBron...but oh well. I'd love to see them get someone, and Dirk would be a great fit.

Some team, be it Chicago, NYK, NJ, or Miami is going to have a really disappointing off-season. NJ getting Dirk would salvage things for them if they are the ones left in the cold. And between Avery and Prokhorov, they might be able to lure him in.

I agree, and as much as I like D.Wade, I think he's gonna re-sign and end up in the same situation.

PrettyBoyJ
06-17-2010, 04:59 PM
The Dominoe effect I def. agree.. It's all fall on one move

fin_frenzy_84
06-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Lebron-Stays
Wade-Stays
Lee-Nets
Boozer-Miami
Amare-Knicks
Bosh-Chicago
Joe-Chicago
Dirk-Stays

Did I miss anyone?

fin_frenzy_84
06-17-2010, 07:01 PM
How do some people think Knicks and Nets are gonna get a free agent before Chicago? That is just crazy.

The Jokemaker
06-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Dirk will stay in Dallas. Boozer will wind up in Miami. Joe Johnson to Dallas. Lee to New Jersey.

oak2455
06-17-2010, 09:48 PM
How do some people think Knicks and Nets are gonna get a free agent before Chicago? That is just crazy.

why does anyone think that everyone is going to Chicago and Miami?

footballer2369
06-18-2010, 02:19 AM

How do some people think Chicago is going to get 2 of the top 5 max F/a's when they don't have the space and Miami is going to only get a fallback option with Wade? That is just crazy.

stealth33
06-18-2010, 08:57 AM
New Jersey and Joe Johnson are a match made in heaven. Unless the glamor of joining another superstar in NY is really appealing to him...he should head straight to Jersey, and I honestly think that he should be the top target for Jersey(outside of Lebron). They're probably going to get Favors in the draft...that could form one hell of a team, with very limited wheeling and dealing involved:

Harris
Johnson
Williams
Favors
Lopez

Nice mix of competitiveness NOW, and huge future potential. I guess if the draft ends with them getting Turner, they have a few PF options as well, but I think this situation is ideal.

ManRam
06-18-2010, 09:12 AM
why does anyone think that everyone is going to Chicago and Miami?

Because they have the money to spend, they are desirable cities, and they potentially could contend much sooner than the other teams with money.

Seventh King
06-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Nice work here...better than most the garbage that I've seen floating around. Perhaps your group might consider giving us some more?

td0tsfinest
06-18-2010, 11:18 AM
I agree, and as much as I like D.Wade, I think he's gonna re-sign and end up in the same situation.

The thing is the may or may not get a superstar player but they only 2 players returning from last years roster. So there are going to be plenty of signings for the heat. They could get some solid role players like Brendan Haywood, Felton or Travis Outlaw. Not star players but it'll be a better supporting cast than previous years.

Dieselpi
06-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Because they have the money to spend, they are desirable cities, and they potentially could contend much sooner than the other teams with money.

so ny isnt a desirable city? or have money?

lol double standards

IrespectNumber3
06-20-2010, 03:32 AM
I have it different...I can't say for sure whose going where...but the teams with the most cap space are going to get two max players

That being Miami and NY the other players are going to resign with there teams and NJ and Chicago will get Boozer or JJ...

Other then that it isn't going to be all of these teams making moves

It's really going to be 3-4 teams and everybody else is going to get screwed.

And the worse thing that can happen to teams like Chicago, NJ and NY is Lebron staying in Cleveland because reguardless of who they get its going to set there franchise back 2 years...

Unless they can get Bosh to come alone, which I doubt

ManRam
06-20-2010, 10:12 AM
so ny isnt a desirable city? or have money?

lol double standards

I never said NY didn't. Someone asked about Miami and Chicago, and I answered why.

If you look at the original post, I said I think LeBron is going to NY :shrug:

Not getting my "double standard"

Young2Kinsler
06-20-2010, 11:49 AM
I think Dirk is staying here, and Mark will make a splash bringing in someone for him to play with.... Joe Johnson.

ManRam
06-20-2010, 11:54 AM
I think Dirk is staying here, and Mark will make a splash bringing in someone for him to play with.... Joe Johnson.

How do you think they'd go about getting Johnson...since they can't sign him outright. Who would they trade?

hugepatsfan
06-20-2010, 12:03 PM
How do you think they'd go about getting Johnson...since they can't sign him outright. Who would they trade?

Caron Butler and DeShawn Stevenson with a draft pick makes a lot of sense. ATL could use an upgrade to push Marvin Williams to the bench. His ability to play both forward spots would make him a great asset there. Both deals are expiring, so it gives them a year to try it out with no long term risk.

td0tsfinest
06-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Cool.

Cool.

Very insightful :eyebrow:

Oh Yesss !
06-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Joe Johnson is the most overrated player in this free agent class ! Caron Butler and Joe Johnson are at about the same level so why Would you give up a draft pick and Deshawn Stevenson for Joe Johnson?

The Jokemaker
06-20-2010, 04:21 PM

I agree. I don't see anyway Cuban lets Dirk walk. Dirk is staying and Cuban will definitely make a big move to bring someone in to help push the Mavs over the top. They made the Shawn Marion last offseason then the Butler and Haywood trade this year so they aren't afraid of making a trade.

DR. Pepper
06-20-2010, 09:39 PM
and if lebron should sign with wade?

J$mo0th_3o5
06-20-2010, 10:11 PM
and if lebron should sign with wade?

It's game over!

abe_froman
06-21-2010, 12:12 AM
And the worse thing that can happen to teams like Chicago, NJ and NY is Lebron staying in Cleveland because reguardless of who they get its going to set there franchise back 2 years...

i disagree.with chicago,they were a late addition to the lebron hunt(just this year),and havent been in the plans the past 2 years

with nj they have a very high draft pick to solidify their foundation moving forward

staying in cle with that roster neutralized lebron's ring potential to what it is now,and as they age get worse,not better.staying there is better than going to a eastern power or team that can can supply younger talent

Tony_Starks
06-21-2010, 01:13 AM
As far as BOsh goes I really see a sign and trade with either Cleveland or Orlando. They both have nice packages they can put together and Torronto is not going to want to be left empty handed. I don't think he's good enough to build around so he has to be paired with a superstar IMO....

Boozers a money hungry scavenger he'll go with whoever cuts the biggest check.

Lee is most def a perfect fit for OKC financially and playerwise.

Now Joe Johnson is a hard player to figure out. He's pretty much said he doesn't want to start over again on a weak team like he did with ATL so if he leaves it would have to be to a really solid team where he could team up with another star. I see either ChiTown or Miami. Either one of those backcourts would be pretty sick!

abe_froman
06-21-2010, 01:26 AM
As far as BOsh goes I really see a sign and trade with either Cleveland or Orlando. They both have nice packages they can put together and Torronto is not going to want to be left empty handed. I don't think he's good enough to build around so he has to be paired with a superstar IMO....
!
i just cant see bosh ever at any point in his career wanting to go to cleveland

Tony_Starks
06-21-2010, 01:31 AM
i just cant see bosh ever at any point in his career wanting to go to cleveland

assuming they re-sign Lebron why would he not want to? They'll instantly be in the best of the east conversation...

abe_froman
06-21-2010, 01:38 AM
assuming they re-sign Lebron why would he not want to? They'll instantly be in the best of the east conversation...

bosh comes off to me as having other things in mind,yes he likes winning.but he like attention and likes being a "big fish".i dunno,especially at this stage in his career that he's be cool being a sidekick on superteam(unless it was the lakers)

he'll get there eventually after failing alot,but sometimes thats what it takes to get guys to wake up and accept those roles

and cleveland(if lebron stays),still doesnt offer:
the nightlife
the entertainment/media power
and the chance to be the alpha

awmathewsjr
06-21-2010, 01:58 PM
The thing is the may or may not get a superstar player but they only 2 players returning from last years roster. So there are going to be plenty of signings for the heat. They could get some solid role players like Brendan Haywood, Felton or Travis Outlaw. Not star players but it'll be a better supporting cast than previous years.

I agree as far as them being able to upgrade their role players, but I think Wade needs another star to get them over the top(preferably a big man).
Cause unlike 90% of PSD I don't think LJ and Wade would mesh well(Sort of like AI and Melo).

td0tsfinest
06-21-2010, 02:03 PM
^ I agree. I"m not really liking the idea of Wade and Lebron on the same team. I can understand stand from a heat prospective why you would want 2 of arguably the top 3 players in the league on your team but from a fan of the game, I rather see the two go against each other than play with one another.