PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett thinks Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA

RISE ABOVE
06-17-2010, 02:05 AM
When Kevin Garnett was asked who he thought was the best player in the NBA this was his response:
"Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA. He makes his team go,” Garnett said. “He’s their life, does multiple things in the game, and every time you speak of Kobe, you speak of excellence, you think of excellence. Class act, plays with a vengeance and tenaciousness, well-respected around the league. I can keep going and going...”

(Link) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Apk6VRL0Khk5aI5ciyKX0Xq8vLYF?slug=ap-nbafinals-notebook)

boriquaabe
06-17-2010, 02:16 AM
Garnett=class, guy knows how to pay respect, Gasol=not so much I hope he is taking notes.

TheHoopsProphet
06-17-2010, 02:18 AM
I grew a lot of respect for KG over the course of this season

TheHoopsProphet
06-17-2010, 02:19 AM
Garnett=class, guy knows how to pay respect, Gasol=not so much I hope he is taking notes.

can't believe gasol will be remembered for that comment for years. It was a trap question he had to answer and it was completely taken out of context. even gasol was pissed with the media, why is this still being brought up?

boriquaabe
06-17-2010, 02:23 AM
can't believe gasol will be remembered for that comment for years. It was a trap question he had to answer and it was completely taken out of context. even gasol was pissed with the media, why is this still being brought up?

Did you see how after game 2 at the press conference the Lakers had Gasol go out with a sheet of paper? He was either given a box score and told to just look at the Box score and mention some stats and stuff or worse their PR guy wrote down some comments. I felt so bad for him but the guy obviously wasn't used to how the american media operates.

shep33
06-17-2010, 02:25 AM
I agree with KG. What i find interesting is that so many players and coaches have still called Kobe the best in the game. I think thats much more impressive than media or fans deciding who is the best.

Its better to be called great by your peers and rivals then anyone else IMO.

shep33
06-17-2010, 02:26 AM
Gasol's comments were taken way outta context and I'm pretty sure KG even knows that by now.

smith&wesson
06-17-2010, 02:26 AM
kg speaks the truth! and i give him mad respek for saying it. and kg himself is one of the greatest pf in the game of all time imo!

TheHoopsProphet
06-17-2010, 02:28 AM
Did you see how after game 2 at the press conference the Lakers had Gasol go out with a sheet of paper? He was either given a box score and told to just look at the Box score and mention some stats and stuff or worse their PR guy wrote down some comments. I felt so bad for him but the guy obviously wasn't used to how the american media operates.

Didnt see that. Seems odd they would do something like that, he's not very mercurial, drab yes, mercurial no. But there are plenty of boring personalities in the NBA. Maybe it has something to do with his slightly broken english.

Mudvayne91
06-17-2010, 02:41 AM
The man is just speaking the truth class or no class. You gotta call a spade a spade. Kobe is definitely the best player.

RISE ABOVE
06-17-2010, 02:43 AM
i agree with kg. What i find interesting is that so many players and coaches have still called kobe the best in the game. I think thats much more impressive than media or fans deciding who is the best.

Its better to be called great by your peers and rivals then anyone else imo.

so right!

Avenged
06-17-2010, 02:53 AM
Players and coaches say Kobe is the best player in the NBA.

On PSD, it's Lebron, Wade, to Dwight but never Kobe.

Depends on how you view it, I guess.

Tragedy
06-17-2010, 03:10 AM
KG is no dummy. Obviously Kobe is the best.

Hawkeye15
06-17-2010, 03:16 AM
pardon me for not caring, but KG also thought the Wolves should sign Hudson to a major deal, Malik Sealy was an all star, Trenton Hassell was a great defender, Mike James was the missing piece, etc. Love KG, or did, but he lives in the moment.

Mudvayne91
06-17-2010, 03:22 AM

Those players are just more likable and there are a lot of bias people on this site. I don't even like Kobe (more than the others though just cause him and Melo are pretty close) but his skill is pretty equal to the others, but his killer instict and ability as a clutch player is by far better than any of those players

SundaeBest
06-17-2010, 03:25 AM

So if that's the case, why is it lack of class? What you describe seems more like naivety...I know it's useless to argue with low IQ people, but regardless, make up your mind

chrism8188
06-17-2010, 03:25 AM

It dosent matter what PSD says, at all, no one on here is a athletic superstar like Kobe, garnett, lebron, Wade etc. We are jus fans with opinions. It's kinda like asking the opinion of a one sport football player who's the best team In the NBA and why. He don't kno because he has only experienced football. Same with this, we don't know how hard it is on a NBA court. And kg a future hall of famer spoke, and his statement is true, he knows from experience.

SundaeBest
06-17-2010, 03:31 AM
pardon me for not caring, but KG also thought the Wolves should sign Hudson to a major deal, Malik Sealy was an all star, Trenton Hassell was a great defender, Mike James was the missing piece, etc. Love KG, or did, but he lives in the moment.

TROLL EVERY time there is something Kobe related, you come out from under the bridge....I'm sure the likes of KG, and VARIOUS sources who actually play/coach against the guy are much more informed than your self-admitted biased trolling. FAIL.

Avenged
06-17-2010, 03:36 AM
It dosent matter what PSD says, at all, no one on here is a athletic superstar like Kobe, garnett, lebron, Wade etc. We are jus fans with opinions. It's kinda like asking the opinion of a one sport football player who's the best team In the NBA and why. He don't kno because he has only experienced football. Same with this, we don't know how hard it is on a NBA court. And kg a future hall of famer spoke, and his statement is true, he knows from experience.

I was just trying to make a point that the majority of people involved in the league choose Kobe as the best player meanwhile people on here don't believe so.

Personally, I prefer someone's opinion that's up close and person over someone just observing on T.V.

stawka
06-17-2010, 03:37 AM
This is officially the end of the Celtics Big-3. Paul Pierce is fuming right now, he IS the self-proclaimed best player in the league :p

stawka
06-17-2010, 03:39 AM
By the way.. Do you REALLY expect a smart player like Garnett to say "Kobe is not the best player in the world" on the eve of a game 7 Finals game IN LA?! I don't think so

robdizzle3
06-17-2010, 03:45 AM
By the way.. Do you REALLY expect a smart player like Garnett to say "Kobe is not the best player in the world" on the eve of a game 7 Finals game IN LA?! I don't think so

I was thinking the same thing. Everybody knows it, but Kobe takes being the best to heart and instead of talking about it, he'll go on the court and prove it. I know people say you shouldnt have to wake up to play in the Finals, which i agree, but for Kobe, what you say dictates which way he's gonna attack you. If you are quiet, he will try and get open shots, but talk trash and he gets mad and puts his head down to get to the line, then he mixes in the jumper. KG is right Kobe is the best player in the game bar none.

thephoenixson28
06-17-2010, 03:49 AM
As much as people don't like what he does on the court, overshadows what he does off the court. KG always will be my favorite player.

NJrockPD
06-17-2010, 04:06 AM
I think in the twilight of his career KG has turned into a scumbag, the complete opposite of class.

madiaz3
06-17-2010, 04:13 AM

Like someone else previously mentioned, we get it, you have to get in your anti Kobe post in there somewhere. Just like you guaranteed he'd never win as the main man. You're even willing to discredit KG who you have a long history of supporting in order to discredit Kobe.

thephoenixson28
06-17-2010, 04:26 AM
I think in the twilight of his career KG has turned into a scumbag, the complete opposite of class. Why cuz he is a champion, what changed about Kg that people hate him so much. He does anything for his team to win.

boriquaabe
06-17-2010, 04:52 AM
So if that's the case, why is it lack of class? What you describe seems more like naivety...I know it's useless to argue with low IQ people, but regardless, make up your mind

Did I kill your mother or something? Why don't you relax. Taken out of context or not it was a little classless for Gasol on the NBA's greatest stage to say anything that would sound the least bit degrading about an opposing player. Garnett on the other hand had nothing but positive respectful things to say about Bryant. That in my eye's is classy. In Garnett's career I have never seen him quit on his team on the floor. He stayed quiet when Marbury threw him under the bus. He kept his mouth shut in Minny. And when he played he left every ounce of sweat on the floor. He has never gotten into any legal trouble. When he was an olympian he and his buddies never took any photo's stretching there eye's to looked slanted mocking the people of China. There is no need to insult me when I have valid reasons why I think a player may appear classier than the other. So take a toke bro....

_KB24_
06-17-2010, 04:59 AM
Like someone else previously mentioned, we get it, you have to get in your anti Kobe post in there somewhere. Just like you guaranteed he'd never win as the main man. You're even willing to discredit KG who you have a long history of supporting in order to discredit Kobe.

Exactly.

Really Hawkeye? Your going to criticize the only thing your franchise has ever had to get your little Kobe jab out their? I love when you make silly predictions, because they never come true.

robdizzle3
06-17-2010, 05:30 AM
As much as I respect KG for what he said, I just dont think he's that classy. I knoiw he is a competitor, but some of the antics that he and his teammates pull on the court isnt what you would call classy. yea, Gasol's not classy, even though he praised KG and got his comments twisted and KG did answer back by saying who's he?

The Panch
06-17-2010, 06:01 AM
Why is everyone surprised KG said Kobe was the best player in the league, it is obvious that he is, even Lebron should say Kobe is the best right now. Kobe, Kobe, Kobeeee.

sventhedog
06-17-2010, 07:11 AM
duh? that's like saying david stern is the commissioner of the nba.

also, what's with the "KG is classy" when all he did was tell the undeniable truth. if he says lebron is the best player, everyone knows he'll look stupid. i'm impressed by KG's unselfishness and dedication for defense but he trash talks everyone on the court. then the nba media fools everyone by saying that's intensity. lol.

td0tsfinest
06-17-2010, 07:51 AM

Well at least you wont see Gasol doing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvCyZB1n6lE&feature=related

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT8qLg2NjnQ

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Why is everyone surprised KG said Kobe was the best player in the league, it is obvious that he is, even Lebron should say Kobe is the best right now. Kobe, Kobe, Kobeeee.

x2

One thing I don't like about PSD is that PSD users think they are smarter than NBA players and coaches.
Like when LeBron lost to the celtics, a lot of and I mean really lot of users said that Mike Brown is a dumb coach and they would do better as a cavs coach!!!!:speechless:WHAT!!LOL

And if some players have said that Kobe is best in the game, again PSD is on denial.They say that he doesn't know what he's talking about lol.

Ask any player in the league who's the best player in the game...most of them say Kobe Bryant
So, Kobe is still the best in the game!

JordansBulls
06-17-2010, 08:18 AM

This is what I am thinking as well.

However you might want to, since if Kobe did go off it means everyone else is hardly doing anything.

JordansBulls
06-17-2010, 08:20 AM
One thing I don't like about PSD is that PSD users think they are smarter than NBA players and coaches.
Like when LeBron lost to the celtics, a lot of and I mean really lot of users said that Mike Brown is a dumb coach and they would do better as a cavs coach!!!!:speechless:WHAT!!LOL

It depends though. People on PSD use stats and techniques to support thier view while coaches and players just use their eyes. It is easier to use eyes because they use stuff when players are at the top of their game.

Raidaz4Life
06-17-2010, 08:24 AM
KG clearly has no idea what he is talking about. Us fans on PSD are clearly in a better position to make that judgement that some guy who actually plays the game.

RazNYC
06-17-2010, 08:27 AM
Kobe is the best point made by another high profile player in the league Lebron is good but not great

Unruly Fan
06-17-2010, 08:38 AM
True or un-true I'm surprised KG would even say that at this point in time. And while Kobe is a great player on a good team, I have my own opinions as to whos the "best in the game" right now.

Da Knicks
06-17-2010, 09:56 AM
David Stern is the best, he can make Lebron the best for two years and when it seems he has enough fans around him he makes Kobe relevant again. Now he needs the celtics to win so that the fans feel the celtics have another year left and the celtics fanbase wont die. Make the next finals Lakers vs Knicks to make New York happy, Ill be happy to watch since my knicks will be good but, I wish the league was not so rigged like a reality t.v. show. Whats next Perkins coming off a wheelchair and playing tonight? I think this has being done before a couple of times. The N.B.A where reality t.v. happens.:(

mikantsass
06-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Kobe is the best player in the NBA, Garnett speaks the truth

Wade_County
06-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Hes right.

Randy West
06-17-2010, 11:34 AM
When is someone going to ask KG a tough question?

Kobe is Jordan like........the desire, drive and will to win. Right now he is the best in the business.

Hawkeye15
06-17-2010, 11:53 AM
TROLL EVERY time there is something Kobe related, you come out from under the bridge....I'm sure the likes of KG, and VARIOUS sources who actually play/coach against the guy are much more informed than your self-admitted biased trolling. FAIL.

haha, ok. KG lives in the moment. That was my point.

Hawkeye15
06-17-2010, 11:55 AM

has nothing to do with Kobe. KG said Cassell was the best PG in the NBA in 2004. Understand what I am saying yet?
I love how the many times I have stuck up for Kobe slip your minds btw. Its hilarious the selective memories on this site

fadedmario
06-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Kobe is the best player in the league.

sep11ie
06-17-2010, 11:56 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::la ugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lau gh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnFsXfnMxao

1 of 2,000

Hawkeye15
06-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Exactly.

Really Hawkeye? Your going to criticize the only thing your franchise has ever had to get your little Kobe jab out their? I love when you make silly predictions, because they never come true.

I must be doing something right if I upset Laker fans...
I could really care less dudes. Has nothing to do with Kobe. Pardon me for not caring what KG says, he lives in the moment

Hawkeye15
06-17-2010, 12:00 PM
in fact, reading my original post, how the fk are you guys even giving me Kobe hating crap? Because the thread was about him? I didn't even mention him. My point stands, what KG says doesn't matter to me, because it helped wreck shop in Minnesota. Shut up and play Garnett

Hawkeye15
06-17-2010, 12:12 PM
also, using the whole, players know because they know more about basketball than us and see these guys up close just doesn't work for me as an absolute. The best player of all time, Jordan, wouldn't know basketball talent if it walked into his front yard and took a dump. How many ex greats have proved to be useless coach's/GM's??

Avenged
06-17-2010, 12:20 PM
also, using the whole, players know because they know more about basketball than us and see these guys up close just doesn't work for me as an absolute. The best player of all time, Jordan, wouldn't know basketball talent if it walked into his front yard and took a dump. How many ex greats have proved to be useless coach's/GM's??

Post padding :p

It's okay, no need to go overboard defending yourself over Laker fans who disagree with you.

bbcmillionaire
06-17-2010, 12:22 PM
lol what kg showed class? lol he's easily the most crazy guy on the court, but i guess off the court its completely different

Avenged
06-17-2010, 12:24 PM
lol what kg showed class? lol he's easily the most crazy guy on the court, but i guess off the court its completely different

Probably but I think it's due more to the fact that there's a game 7 today. I don't think he wants to add any motivation to an already motivated Kobe.

RipVW
06-17-2010, 12:25 PM
I could really care less dudes. Has nothing to do with Kobe. Pardon me for not caring what KG says, he lives in the moment

Dont worry about it. If Coby Brian would have been traded to Chicago and would have started talking about how much better it is in Chicago, Laker fans would be doing the same thing you are.

BTW, it wasnt that long ago that Phil was saying Gasol was the MVP of their team. But now Laker fans get all upset at imaginary slights.

NJrockPD
06-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Why cuz he is a champion, what changed about Kg that people hate him so much. He does anything for his team to win.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Why-we-don-t-like-Kevin-Garnett-anymore?urn=nba,235155

bbcmillionaire
06-17-2010, 12:39 PM
i still like kg but his on court antics seemed to have changed since he won that ring lol, he was just "intense", now he is psycho

Angel2Maverick
06-17-2010, 12:44 PM
kobe is the real king of the NBA just look, James is out Kobe is doing what he seems to do almost every year and that's going to the finals.

BoysBullsM'sFan
06-17-2010, 12:45 PM
KG is one of my favorite players. Hope he can pull it out tonight.

The Final Boss
06-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Too bad Garnett has absolutely no class.

Throwing elbows and running out of the crowd with his hands up like he's innocent vs. Miami.

Blatantly pushing J.J. Redick in his back and into the crowd after Redick was going out of bounds chasing a loose ball.

Slapping Derek Fisher in a blatant fashion while Fisher was going up for a lay up in Game 3, never making a play on the ball.

Way to stay classy KG.

Oh, yeah, Bryant is hands down the best player on the planet.

The Final Boss
06-17-2010, 01:09 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::la ugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lau gh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnFsXfnMxao

1 of 2,000

lmfao...You beat me too it brother.

Btw this guy took a shot at Gasol because he's Spanish. Look at the guy's sig. he mentioned everyone in Spain's World Cup group but Spain. Why? Because this guy is an islander from Puerto Rico and was upset that I correct him when he said he was Hispanic. Spaniards are Hispanic. Puerto Ricans also are not Latino. Latinos are from Latin America, SOME 4,000 miles away. I'm just saying.... Go Lakers...

kozelkid
06-17-2010, 01:11 PM
I'd really like to know what Pierce's reaction is to all this. First Doc calls him the best now KG.
Seeing as Pierce thinks he's the best at everything in basketball. :rolleyes:

drama1386
06-17-2010, 01:17 PM
garnett is right. kobe is the best player in the NBA. and no matter what, I'll always like KG. i've liked him since he was drafted and I'll continue to like him.

kozelkid
06-17-2010, 01:18 PM
This is officially the end of the Celtics Big-3. Paul Pierce is fuming right now, he IS the self-proclaimed best player in the league :p

Exactly what I thought.

Let's not exaggerate. He couldn't even graduate HS.
or this beauty play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHHnZff5S_k

ko8e24
06-17-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm sooo confused, cuz my preconceived notions was that LeBron > God. :confused:

The Final Boss
06-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Exactly what I thought.

lmfao

ZioAx
06-17-2010, 01:30 PM
So the past two weeks its been "KG is classless" "KG is scum" blah blah.

He gives Kobe a compliment and people "have grown respect for him"

God people are fake

Shaddix
06-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Who cares who has the best player in the NBA title, just play the game.

koLohe2133
06-17-2010, 01:47 PM
kobe is the best player in the league. best offensive weapon, phenomenal defender....

what he lacks in rebounds and assists he makes for with leadership

that said,

he is also the biggest brat who was raised with a silver spoon in his mouth. when garnett was stuck in minnesota (eh?) did he cry and slam his management for not providing him with quality teammates? or did he eat his humble pie and do what he could? he took a team with latrell and sam the alien cassel to game 6 against a lakers team with 4 hall of famers. kobe cried and cried about trading andrew bynum.

im from LA, live in LA, and have to deal with kobe groupies everywhere i go outside of my house.

bigsams50
06-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Exactly what I thought.

or this beauty play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHHnZff5S_k

Neither could Rose....without help of course

kozelkid
06-17-2010, 01:49 PM
So the past two weeks its been "KG is classless" "KG is scum" blah blah.

He gives Kobe a compliment and people "have grown respect for him"

God people are fake

I never thought he was "respectful". The guy has been a dick since his Minnesota days. People just didn't realize til he played on a bigger market and in a more competitive team.

kozelkid
06-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Neither could Rose....without help of course

True. :laugh2:
But no one here is calling Rose smart. :no:

JNA17
06-17-2010, 01:51 PM

this.

You know you see a kobe hater when the poster is even willing to discredit the only player that will make people remember your franchise (T-Wolves) for saying the truth. It's really sad.

bigsams50
06-17-2010, 01:51 PM
True. :laugh2:
But no one here is calling Rose smart. :no:

lol. Yea i know, thought i'd just take a jab though lol

twoearl
06-17-2010, 01:59 PM
I agree with KG. What i find interesting is that so many players and coaches have still called Kobe the best in the game. I think thats much more impressive than media or fans deciding who is the best.

Its better to be called great by your peers and rivals then anyone else IMO.

I agree. I think if you took a poll of NBA players of who the best in the league was I think Kobe would beat out Bron by a pretty good margin.

Now if they changed it around and asked who is the toughest matchup then I think Bron wins but that is a WHOLE different question all together...

ARMIN12NBA
06-17-2010, 02:09 PM

Eh, there is a difference in analyzing a player like Bryant and guys like those who had their short moments of good basketball. I would hardly call an analysis of Kobe "living in the moment" because of the fact that Kobe has been a 4x champion, MVP, and Finals MVP. His career has had longevity, ya know?

DCB/LAL
06-17-2010, 02:24 PM

Or KG could of just said nothing but im sure you didn't think of that right?

hugepatsfan
06-17-2010, 02:41 PM

As players should. GMs and FO people need to worry about the future. Players should focus on the task at hand - winning. It's a problem if they start ripping the FO because they think they know best. KG seemed pretty loyal, but I don't know what went on behind the scenes.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Eh, there is a difference in analyzing a player like Bryant and guys like those who had their short moments of good basketball. I would hardly call an analysis of Kobe "living in the moment" because of the fact that Kobe has been a 4x champion, MVP, and Finals MVP. His career has had longevity, ya know?

If the Celtics were playing the Cavs in a game 7 and Lebron had a great series, KG would probably call him the best player in the league. I think Kobe is the best, but I actually try to not let what players say impact my opinions. As I've said before, players live in the moment. They can't always put things into perspective because they're in the game. I agree that Kobe is the best, but KG's statement has o bearing on that.

JonnyBrav000
06-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Those players are just more likable and there are a lot of bias people on this site. I don't even like Kobe (more than the others though just cause him and Melo are pretty close) but his skill is pretty equal to the others, but his killer instict and ability as a clutch player is by far better than any of those players

I agree 100%... This is why Kobe is the best player in the game and Lebron isn't.

younggunn113
06-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Too bad Garnett has absolutely no class.

Throwing elbows and running out of the crowd with his hands up like he's innocent vs. Miami.

Blatantly pushing J.J. Redick in his back and into the crowd after Redick was going out of bounds chasing a loose ball.

Slapping Derek Fisher in a blatant fashion while Fisher was going up for a lay up in Game 3, never making a play on the ball.

Way to stay classy KG.

Oh, yeah, Bryant is hands down the best player on the planet.

I've always HATED KG with a passion. He picks on smaller players most of the time because he can get away with it.

Belinelli
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAfp6ZCsvGc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0tiQ01BhGM&feature=PlayList&p=97A50DAAC6D72D89&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=6

Bayless
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT8qLg2NjnQ&feature=related

Calderon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvCyZB1n6lE&feature=related

Q Rich
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ_elDSdoow

He's done it to some bigs too but for the most part it's still ***** stuff. I love when Aldridge hit him back. ZaZa had no shot to protect himself thats why KG did it. Look at the video, when the whistle blows he knows right away it was an offensive.

Aldridge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS8DDzedrts&feature=PlayList&p=97A50DAAC6D72D89&playnext_from=PL&playnext=5

Zaza
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T99aL8j4yyc&feature=PlayList&p=97A50DAAC6D72D89&playnext_from=PL&playnext=4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_VfOiswih0

I wish he beat his ***

CowboysKB24
06-17-2010, 03:08 PM

He is right. After these playoff Kobe proved the intangibles he has over LeBron. LeBron has so much talent and athleticism and potential to take the throne from Kobe. The only thing that is holding him back is the intangibles like winning in the playoffs, leading his team, finding ways to win, etc. I felt during the season LBJ took over as the best player and believed the Cavs would make the finals, but after the playoffs Kobe is the best player overall. I don't know how anyone can argue that, especially if they win tonight.

Da Knicks
06-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Stern is winning so far...

xbrackattackx
06-17-2010, 03:16 PM
haha, ok. KG lives in the moment. That was my point.

has nothing to do with Kobe. KG said Cassell was the best PG in the NBA in 2004. Understand what I am saying yet?
I love how the many times I have stuck up for Kobe slip your minds btw. Its hilarious the selective memories on this site

in fact, reading my original post, how the fk are you guys even giving me Kobe hating crap? Because the thread was about him? I didn't even mention him. My point stands, what KG says doesn't matter to me, because it helped wreck shop in Minnesota. Shut up and play Garnett

Really I didn't notice? lol

Eagles4Lyfe
06-17-2010, 03:20 PM
who cares what a bunch of 12 year old kids on psd think if people cant see and tell kobes the best player in the league right now and has the hardest work ethic in the league then they clearly dont watch basketball or understand the sport and thats a fact..Players in the league clearly know kobes the best and thats all that matters

DCB/LAL
06-17-2010, 03:24 PM

Maybe that has to do with him becoming a spectator and fan like everyone here on PSD?? Having to watch them play and evaluate is alot harder than actually playing against them and knowing how good they are eh??

I mean you mean to tell me if Jordan played against someone in his prime or even now he wouldn't know how good the guy was??

Now compare that to him watching the player on TV or live and having to judge a player seems to be alot more difficult for MJ to do that isn't it?

Players who play the game know better than the fans and who watch it....its that plain and simple.

Tony_Starks
06-17-2010, 03:53 PM
KG kept it real. He's been playing against Kobe for years, I think he's pretty qualified to say that. Doc Rivers also said the same thing. Alvin Gentry Also said the same thing. As well as Jerry Sloan. As Well as Stan Van Gundy last year. As well as Lebron.... get my drift?

PrettyBoyJ
06-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Idk why everyone doesn't realize this.. Kobe is a great player.. just when you thought he lost a step he turns his game up another notch.. He'll always be the best until he retires

NBAfan4life
06-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Kobe is the most complete player in the NBA for the moment. He is probably one of the most competitive if not the most in the league as well.

What Kobe isn't at least anymore is most athletic and as much as that saddens me to say this in the next couple years he will not be the best.

I'm a diehard Laker fan and he is my favorite player ever but the last couple years of his contract he is going to be grossly overpaid.

Lakers FTW

Hawkeye15
06-17-2010, 05:02 PM

It's okay, no need to go overboard defending yourself over Laker fans who disagree with you.

I am not defending myself in the least, I said nothing wrong
just funny that I am attacked for Kobe hating when I didn't even mention his name.
Laker fans reaching again..

Hawkeye15
06-17-2010, 05:06 PM
this.

You know you see a kobe hater when the poster is even willing to discredit the only player that will make people remember your franchise (T-Wolves) for saying the truth. It's really sad.

again, I didn't mention a thing about Kobe. And I don't care about the name on the back of the uniform, I care about the front. I am glad KG won a ring, I am still a fan kinda, but his antics have grown worse, his deal and constant loyalty to below average players and constant griping about getting them resigned, coupled with a GM who would bend to his will, killed the Wolves.
How is it sad homie? I am not discrediting KG, I am simply saying I take what he says with a grain of salt, because he has a very short term memory, and always has. Hudson goes off for 30 ppg in one fkin series and KG says he deserves a longterm deal and is the PG for the Wolves future. Nice call KG

Hawkeye15
06-17-2010, 05:07 PM

nah, I agree with that. I didn't mention Kobe in my post, which most of you are obviously missing entirely. I am saying, KG has made outlandish comments his whole career, and I just take what he says with a grain of salt. It has nothing to do with Kobe.

Hawkeye15
06-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Really I didn't notice? lol

just didn't feel like editing 4 times homie. And when you get personally attacked, you go ahead and respond.

Hawkeye15
06-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Maybe that has to do with him becoming a spectator and fan like everyone here on PSD?? Having to watch them play and evaluate is alot harder than actually playing against them and knowing how good they are eh??

I mean you mean to tell me if Jordan played against someone in his prime or even now he wouldn't know how good the guy was??

Now compare that to him watching the player on TV or live and having to judge a player seems to be alot more difficult for MJ to do that isn't it?

Players who play the game know better than the fans and who watch it....its that plain and simple.

no, its not that simple. My point stands.

albertc86
06-17-2010, 05:14 PM
KG calling Kobe the best in the league is no surprise to me. Other superstars have said it, including LeBron and up-and-coming Durant.

central2003
06-17-2010, 05:17 PM
I am a freakin Kings fan so you know I am not bias at all when I say Kobe is the best .. and it takes a lot for a Kings fan to say it.. Until the day Lebron wins a title Kobe will still be the best .. thats how I see it.

PapelbonLester
06-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Sorry KG deffently not. Kobe is the BEST SCORER in the NBA yes. All around player...No that is without a doubt Lebron

boriquaabe
06-17-2010, 05:32 PM
lmfao...You beat me too it brother.

Btw this guy took a shot at Gasol because he's Spanish. Look at the guy's sig. he mentioned everyone in Spain's World Cup group but Spain. Why? Because this guy is an islander from Puerto Rico and was upset that I correct him when he said he was Hispanic. Spaniards are Hispanic. Puerto Ricans also are not Latino. Latinos are from Latin America, SOME 4,000 miles away. I'm just saying.... Go Lakers...

I'm a New Yorican FYI we are not "islanders" we are American.... And below is how we differentiate between Latinos and Hispanics in America. There is no difference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic_and_Latino_Americans

Hispanic and Latino Americans are Americans with origins in the Hispanic countries of Latin America or in Spain.[2][3][4] The group encompasses distinct sub-groups by national origin and race, with ancestries from all continents represented.[5][6][7] Some members of the community prefer Hispanic and others Latino, the latter being more common in the western United States and the former in the eastern.[3]

Back on topic.... you guys need to realize the difference between actions on the court in the heat of the moment and Off the court in photo opp's and press conferences. On the court it's competition and the great ones will do whatever it takes to win. You lakers fans should know this. Remember when you guys were considered really soft? Well Kobe was giving cheap shots to just about anybody who came in the paint. And for evidence I present the video tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h1Yt4KUND4

Now that was down right dirty. He delivers a nasty cheap shot to poor old Mike Miller and then after he shoots he hits Ginobilli with another elbow....
And so on and so on..

DCB/LAL
06-17-2010, 05:32 PM
no, its not that simple. My point stands.

Really it is....if anything it proves a point that its harder to judge a player as a fan(what MJ has become) than as a player(im sure MJ knows who were the best players during his era cause he played against them) which is why he doesn't make a good GM/Owner.

Im sure that if MJ played against these guys his judgment on players would be way better than his judgment on players by just watching them play.

So YES MJ is the best player ever but his poor judgment on players comes because he is no longer competing he is judging only by what he sees as we all are EXCEPT for the players who ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME they judge by who they PLAY AGAINST.

tredigs
06-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Really it is....if anything it proves a point that its harder to judge a player as a fan(what MJ has become) than as a player(im sure MJ knows who were the best players during his era cause he played against them) which is why he doesn't make a good GM/Owner.

Im sure that if MJ played against these guys his judgment on players would be way better than his judgment on players by just watching them play.

So YES MJ is the best player ever but his poor judgment on players comes because he is no longer competing he is judging only by what he sees as we all are EXCEPT for the players who ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME they judge by who they PLAY AGAINST.

This argument holds absolutely no water. Are the top GM's and scouts players in the NBA? No, of course not. Some are good, and some are not. But it has nothing to do with playing in the NBA. And clumping "all PSD fans" in one group is equally foolish for the same reason.

IMO KG, like most players, consider Kobe the best in the league for two reasons:

1) He's absolutely top 3, and being he's the leader of arguably the top team in the league will garner him a lot of praise from players and fans alike. That is just natural.

2) He's a seasoned veteran and a proven champion. Lebron is still young, and until Kobe begins a noticeable decline and/or Lebron takes a team to the championship (whether or not the team argument is fair given the cast, it is real) then most people around the league will consider Kobe #1.

Objectively, do I think he's the absolute best in the league? No, probably not. I think Wade and Lebron are at least as good as him, and probably a bit better. But until he shows an obvious decline and stops leading teams to the finals, he's not going to lose that distinction from a majority of people in the league. It's as much about respect as it is about reality, and I think the argument for him as #1 is as valid as ever given this post-season run.

Hawkeye15
06-17-2010, 05:52 PM

Kobe still gets the nod from the players because he is in the argument for top 2-3 players, and has the accomplishments and career the players rated better/with him don't have yet. Its more of a respect for his career at this point, until he either loses a step, or LeBron gets some help and wins a ring.

And its not like 1997 was 30 years ago, and there have been marvelous inventions in the basketball world. MJ played against this competition. So did McHale, Bird, Kerr, Thomas, and all the other superstars who were terrible at being a GM or coach

Hawkeye15
06-17-2010, 05:53 PM
eh, sorry tredigs, didnt read your post, which is kinda what I ended up saying
and I agree. And again, not sure how I was yet again called a Kobe hater, I didnt even mention him in my post. Just stating that I really don't care what KG's opinion is. He has been a spur of the moment talker/actor his whole career.

stawka
06-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Just for the record, I know this day is all about Lakers and Celtics so I'm just gonna throw this out there. I find it quite hypocritical that Laker fans constantly call Garnett classless. He might be a prick on the court, but so is Fisher. Accidentally broke Nash's nose this, hits him again on the nose the next game. Last year that blatant hammering into Scola (one of the most humble guys in the league), yet you call Garnett classless?

Let me guess, because off the court he's a great guy??? Well this is off the court too, and he's giving props to Kobe

DCB/LAL
06-17-2010, 06:10 PM
This argument holds absolutely no water. Are the top GM's and scouts players in the NBA? No, of course not. Some are good, and some are not. But it has nothing to do with playing in the NBA. And clumping "all PSD fans" in one group is equally foolish for the same reason.

IMO KG, like most players, consider Kobe the best in the league for two reasons:

1) He's absolutely top 3, and being he's the leader of arguably the top team in the league will garner him a lot of praise from players and fans alike. That is just natural.

2) He's a seasoned veteran and a proven champion. Lebron is still young, and until Kobe begins a noticeable decline and/or Lebron takes a team to the championship (whether or not the team argument is fair given the cast, it is real) then most people around the league will consider Kobe #1.

Objectively, do I think he's the absolute best in the league? No, probably not. I think Wade and Lebron are at least as good as him, and probably a bit better. But until he shows an obvious decline and stops leading teams to the finals, he's not going to lose that distinction from a majority of people in the league. It's as much about respect as it is about reality, and I think the argument for him as #1 is as valid as ever given this post-season run.

Kobe still gets the nod from the players because he is in the argument for top 2-3 players, and has the accomplishments and career the players rated better/with him don't have yet. Its more of a respect for his career at this point, until he either loses a step, or LeBron gets some help and wins a ring.

And its not like 1997 was 30 years ago, and there have been marvelous inventions in the basketball world. MJ played against this competition. So did McHale, Bird, Kerr, Thomas, and all the other superstars who were terrible at being a GM or coach

I understand the arguement that not all player are bad on judgement but it was you Hawkeye15 who used Jordan as your argument on how poor his judgement on players is.....while not all ex-players have poor judgement on players the MAJORITY of them do and funny thing is the majority of ex-players(Alot of ESPN analysts) say Lebron is the best and the majority of current players say Kobe is the best whom to believe the ex-players or the current players?

defender4m
06-17-2010, 06:26 PM
He is the best thats y

CowboysKB24
06-17-2010, 06:38 PM

Kobe has proven he is the best this post season. Winning the championship will only solidify it even more. LeBron has the ability to do it, but he doesn't have the intangibles. Once you add everything up, Kobe has the edge. LeBron should take it next year, assuming the Lakers don't reach the finals. Kobe is the best player in the game right now.

LBJ had his chances to get it done this year, he had the best team all year long. Now I know everyone wants to say he didn't have enough help or whatever reason you want to say, but they won the most games this year and were so disappointing in the playoffs. The playoffs showed the difference between LBJ and Kobe.

Drtino
06-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Sorry KG deffently not. Kobe is the BEST SCORER in the NBA yes. All around player...No that is without a doubt Lebron

True... that maybe so, but it doesn't change the fact that Kobe has been able to accomplish more than Lebron based on years played in the NBA.
Lebron might've had tons of capable players played for alongside him and these were good players, but still hasn't got his ring yet... he came close, but basically couldn't help his team get past the Spurs.

Reason why, the statement on Bryant being the best player in the NBA based on accomplishments just puts him on a different caliber than James.

NYY NYJ NYK
06-17-2010, 06:45 PM
We knew this.

We didn't need Garnett's seal of approval

Bruno
06-17-2010, 06:49 PM
1st, 2nd, 3rd, whatever. He's one game away from being the 4th player in NBA history to win back to back finals MVPs. KG's just respecting his opponent as he should; Kobe shows the same respect.

It's good to see that consecutive excellent post-season are being respect just as much, if not more than consecutive superb regular seasons.

Mc Lovin
06-17-2010, 06:57 PM
He's right. Everbody knows Kobe is the best player in the NBA. Everyone except for Lebron James lovers but, he really hasn't done ****. Best record in the league in the last 2 seasons and he did nothing with it. It's funny because I used to hate Jordan even though I respected him and knew he was the best player in the league and I hate the Lakers but, for some reason I always liked Kobe. He's more likable than Jordan and Lebron for some reason. You don't hear many people say I hate Kobe.

tr4shb0t
06-17-2010, 07:07 PM
pretty obvious

jojoe1188
06-17-2010, 07:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef-f7EeDpYI

anyone who takes the time to watch this whole interview and says they don't have respect for KG has no soul

tr4shb0t
06-17-2010, 07:13 PM
You need to understand the regular season is different. There are players like Lebron who are officiated like kids at the special olympics. Go ahead and buy into the hype. If he was the best he wouldn't have to play under different rules. It's just marketing to get people on the wagon and buy a jersey.

Vidball
06-17-2010, 07:16 PM
KG should be called 'The Truth.' I doubt any Celtic would consider LeBron a better player after having to play against both of them.

Tony_Starks
06-17-2010, 07:22 PM
I've yet to find an actual objective reasonable basketball fan that doesn't think Kobe is the best player in the game. Whenever someone downs him its usually followed by intense personal character hatred.

the nightman
06-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Well, he is wrong. No surprise that now KG seems to know what he is talking about according to Laker fans.

Just because somebody plays the game, doesn't mean they know what they are talking about. Look how incredibly dumb most of the players gone analysts are. Gary Payton, Chris Webber. Don't even get me started on baseball analysts, they are an even better example. The great 2nd baseman of all time, Joe Morgan, knows little about the game of baseball. The best analysts in sports are usually the ones who never played the game professionally. Break down the stats, LeBron is clearly better than Kobe, these playoffs and this regular season. No knock on Kobe though, he is a great player.

Slimsim
06-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Garnet > Kobe.

SundaeBest
06-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Did I kill your mother or something? Why don't you relax. Taken out of context or not it was a little classless for Gasol on the NBA's greatest stage to say anything that would sound the least bit degrading about an opposing player. Garnett on the other hand had nothing but positive respectful things to say about Bryant. That in my eye's is classy. In Garnett's career I have never seen him quit on his team on the floor. He stayed quiet when Marbury threw him under the bus. He kept his mouth shut in Minny. And when he played he left every ounce of sweat on the floor. He has never gotten into any legal trouble. When he was an olympian he and his buddies never took any photo's stretching there eye's to looked slanted mocking the people of China. There is no need to insult me when I have valid reasons why I think a player may appear classier than the other. So take a toke bro....

First off. you're the one writing paragraphs, meaning YOU'RE the one that took it personal, so in that context, did I kill your mother?

Second. Low class implies willful and purposeful malevolence. When you say words like; taken out of context, misinterpretation, and imply he was spoon-fed the answer then thatt does NOT mean low class. Again, learn to read, buy a dictionary and a thesaurus. Before you come at me with an army of words you can barely comprehend.

Lastly, I will not debate with you whether Gasol has EVER done an un-classy thing in his life (Chinese Olympic photograph incident), he is a human being, and neither he nor Garnette is infallible. But on the premise on which you started your original post, he was NOT low-class. And the reasons you gave for labeling him as such, do not stand under scrutiny.

Sorry, try again.

Mc Lovin
06-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Well, he is wrong. No surprise that now KG seems to know what he is talking about according to Laker fans.

Just because somebody plays the game, doesn't mean they know what they are talking about. Look how incredibly dumb most of the players gone analysts are. Gary Payton, Chris Webber. Don't even get me started on baseball analysts, they are an even better example. The great 2nd baseman of all time, Joe Morgan, knows little about the game of baseball. The best analysts in sports are usually the ones who never played the game professionally. Break down the stats, LeBron is clearly better than Kobe, these playoffs and this regular season. No knock on Kobe though, he is a great player.

Lebron isn't even close to Kobe. Put up a poll and Kobe will win 70% of the votes. Lebron hasn't won.

jojoe1188
06-17-2010, 07:52 PM
1st, 2nd, 3rd, whatever. He's one game away from being the 4th player in NBA history to win back to back finals MVPs. KG's just respecting his opponent as he should; Kobe shows the same respect.

It's good to see that consecutive excellent post-season are being respect just as much, if not more than consecutive superb regular seasons.

dude best sig ever. one of jack's finer roles

_KB24_
06-17-2010, 07:58 PM
This has nothing to do with Garnett's comments, but most of us already knew how Garnett was as a person. He is one of the most humble guys off the court, but his on court antics get him crucified. Same goes with Fisher, they're great people, but on the court can take it a little too far.

boriquaabe
06-17-2010, 08:05 PM
This has nothing to do with Garnett's comments, but most of us already knew how Garnett was as a person. He is one of the most humble guys off the court, but his on court antics get him crucified. Same goes with Fisher, they're great people, but on the court can take it a little too far.

In between the lines I don't think you can take it too far. When I think of Fisher sure I think of a pretty good flopper but first I think of a physically and mentally tough player. I don't think some remember how popular KG was in his prime. The dude has went to what 13 or 14 All star games? He and Tim Duncan are without a doubt the 2 best PF's in the last 15 years. Do what you have to do to win the game.

SundaeBest
06-17-2010, 08:09 PM
It depends though. People on PSD use stats and techniques to support thier view while coaches and players just use their eyes. It is easier to use eyes because they use stuff when players are at the top of their game.

Silly argument...first of all it's flawed. Second of all, you don't think coaches and players analyze stats and game footage, to know what side to attack a player form, where to force him to, etc....

Now your tip-toeing around the subject. Fact of the matter is, you alway sthrow your two cents in, Laker fans aren't mad at what you posted, they are just pointing out the obvoius, that you ALWAYS come into Kobe threads with your 2 cents of negativity.

Also, that is a lame way of dodging the issue, "I never mentioned his name," (or something to that extent), if we were in a polical forum on a topic about the president, and I said, America's leadership is going in the wrong direction," everyone on both sides of the isle would know that was a stab at the president, regardless at whether I mentioned his name or not.

Also, as has been written, the fact that Kobe has has a successful career over a span of YEARS, with multiple championships and accolades, hardly classifies as a "moment" take your wishy-washy arguments somewhere else, because they don't hold water.

Dont worry about it. If Coby Brian would have been traded to Chicago and would have started talking about how much better it is in Chicago, Laker fans would be doing the same thing you are.

BTW, it wasnt that long ago that Phil was saying Gasol was the MVP of their team. But now Laker fans get all upset at imaginary slights.

Wonder if you're gonna hold a grudge this long about Lebron not going there either. :eyebrow:

boriquaabe
06-17-2010, 08:10 PM
First off. you're the one writing paragraphs, meaning YOU'RE the one that took it personal, so in that context, did I kill your mother?

Second. Low class implies willful and purposeful malevolence. When you say words like; taken out of context, misinterpretation, and imply he was spoon-fed the answer then thatt does NOT mean low class. Again, learn to read, buy a dictionary and a thesaurus. Before you come at me with an army of words you can barely comprehend.

Lastly, I will not debate with you whether Gasol has EVER done an un-classy thing in his life (Chinese Olympic photograph incident), he is a human being, and neither he nor Garnette is infallible. But on the premise on which you started your original post, he was NOT low-class. And the reasons you gave for labeling him as such, do not stand under scrutiny.

Sorry, try again.

Alot of typing and some big words but you ain't saying much.

SundaeBest
06-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Alot of typing and some big words but you ain't saying much.

Like I said, learn to read, maybe you'll get the gist of it.

boriquaabe
06-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Silly argument...first of all it's flawed. Second of all, you don't think coaches and players analyze stats and game footage, to know what side to attack a player form, where to force him to, etc....

Now your tip-toeing around the subject. Fact of the matter is, you alway sthrow your two cents in, Laker fans aren't mad at what you posted, they are just pointing out the obvoius, that you ALWAYS come into Kobe threads with your 2 cents of negativity.

Also, that is a lame way of dodging the issue, "I never mentioned his name," (or something to that extent), if we were in a polical forum on a topic about the president, and I said, America's leadership is going in the wrong direction," everyone on both sides of the isle would know that was a stab at the president, regardless at whether I mentioned his name or not.

Also, as has been written, the fact that Kobe has has a successful career over a span of YEARS, with multiple championships and accolades, hardly classifies as a "moment" take your wishy-washy arguments somewhere else, because they don't hold water.

Wonder if you're gonna hold a grudge this long about Lebron not going there either. :eyebrow:

:win: There now will you go back to studying for your bar exam?

SundaeBest
06-17-2010, 08:15 PM
:win: There now will you go back to studying for your bar exam?

Ad hominem, the last refuge of a fool, all flare, no substance.

the nightman
06-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Lebron isn't even close to Kobe. Put up a poll and Kobe will win 70% of the votes. Lebron hasn't won.

Oh yeah? Are you just going to say that like it is common knowledge, or are you going to back it up with stats? Kobe has won with far superior teams. Look at the playoff stats this season and the regular season stats. LeBron blows Kobe away.

NBAfan4life
06-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Oh yeah? Are you just going to say that like it is common knowledge, or are you going to back it up with stats? Kobe has won with far superior teams. Look at the playoff stats this season and the regular season stats. LeBron blows Kobe away.

I agree that Lebron is better by leaps and bounds athletically than Kobe, and not far behind in terms of almost all other aspects of Basketball.

The thing is though the last 2 years his team has had the best record and favored heavily to win at all and it did not happen.

Kobe's teams have been built for him as have Lebrons. Bottom line is he has to win and the excuse that Kobe's teams have been better is only an excuse that can be used for only so long.

He has the chance to sign anywhere with any team. If he chooses money over winning I dont want to hear any complaining about a player having a better team because it will be his own making.

stawka
06-17-2010, 08:55 PM

Well said dude

VinceCarter
06-17-2010, 09:37 PM
If LeBron was in the finals against the Celtics (let's pretend that the Cavs could just face the Celtics right now lol) KG would say LeBron is the best in the league. It is just because he needs to make the opposing team look really good because they are facing them (and could lose to them).

RISE ABOVE
06-18-2010, 02:58 AM
Ring #5 for Kobe - nuff said!