PDA

View Full Version : Celtic fans: a question for you all

esoteradactyl
06-17-2010, 12:07 AM
First of all this is not a troll thread or a thread comparing Kobe Bryant and Paul Pierce. Although it may seem like it. I just want an honest opinion on how you guys would feel if for some reason Kobe Bryant ended up on your team.

Ok here it goes, Say Pierce and Kobe were to switch teams right now. How would Celtic fans in particular feel about this switch?

IAmKira
06-17-2010, 12:12 AM
They be chanting MVP in the garden like how they did in 07..

hgtiger32
06-17-2010, 12:41 AM
um they'd prolly beat the paul pierce led lakers...but seriously wth were u thinking when u thought of this thread?

heathonater
06-17-2010, 12:51 AM
celtics fans would be happier. kobe is the better player than pierce, no question about it.

xabial
06-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Celtics fans would be :cool:

PrettyBoyJ
06-17-2010, 01:07 AM
If they swap places Lakers wouldnt be in the finals.. Paul Pierce cant lead a team with jus good role players.. He needs 2 HOF to win a championship.. and IMO kobe wouldnt work with all those stars.. I jus dont see him putting his numbers for the team

jacquewho?
06-17-2010, 01:10 AM
Pacers fans would be ecstatic.

D1JM
06-17-2010, 01:10 AM
If they swap places Lakers wouldnt be in the finals.. Paul Pierce cant lead a team with jus good role players.. He needs 2 HOF to win a championship.. and IMO kobe wouldnt work with all those stars.. I jus dont see him putting his numbers for the team

kobe couldnt win without gasol or shaq. Two future HOF IMO

NPH
06-17-2010, 01:18 AM
kobe couldnt win without gasol or shaq. Two future HOF IMO

Pau, as of right now, is NOT a hall of famer.. He just started to have a successful career when he was traded to the lakers..

b0nk
06-17-2010, 01:21 AM
would Pierce win with a Pau or Shaq? nope, he needs two hall of famers to win

kArSoN RyDaH
06-17-2010, 01:27 AM
if your targetting celtics fans then you should post in the celtics forum.

Frrrrank!!!
06-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Pau, as of right now, is NOT a hall of famer.. He just started to have a successful career when he was traded to the lakers..

Actually he will probably be a HOF, because I believe it's the basketball HOF, not the NBA HOF. So all his international play counts...I believe. Idk, go find that crooner guy in the Laker forum he'll know for sure. :laugh2:

When it comes to the question, I'd throw up if Kobe was in Celtic green and Pierce was in Purple and Gold. :puke:

td0tsfinest
06-17-2010, 07:55 AM
I'd be pissed. I don't want Kobe in the same division as us.

surf and turf
06-17-2010, 08:25 AM
First of all this is not a troll thread or a thread comparing Kobe Bryant and Paul Pierce. Although it may seem like it. I just want an honest opinion on how you guys would feel if for some reason Kobe Bryant ended up on your team.

Ok here it goes, Say Pierce and Kobe were to switch teams right now. How would Celtic fans in particular feel about this switch?

Pierce is getting ready to retire . So who wouldnt like the switch. Im not sure there is a team in the league that wouldnt mind trading any player for a taste of Kobe Beef. That doesn not take away from the HOF career PP had.

surf and turf
06-17-2010, 08:33 AM

Maybe not anymore but he already led multiple mediocre teams deep into the playoffs. He was a top 5 scorer when they needed him to be. His best teamate was Twon Walker. PP consistently picked up the slack from walkers lack of defense and rebounding and still made sure Walker got his points . He was a top 5 player in this league for more then a minute. Thats for sure.

69centers
06-17-2010, 09:09 AM
I'd be more ecstatic if it were Brian Scalabrine and Kobe switching places. Just as dumb a theory as PP and Kobe doing it.

king4day
06-17-2010, 09:20 AM
If you are calling out Celtic fans only, a mod should move this to the Celtics forum.

SNYmets86
06-17-2010, 09:46 AM
was the point of this thread:confused::facepalm:

mikantsass
06-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Cmon Kobe is the best player in the NBA. What kind of question is that? I have been a huge Pierce fan ever since he came to Boston in 98-99, but I would take Kobe over every player in the league. And I absolutely HATE Kobe.

It would be tough to do a straight u swap though because of the position differential. I mean the C's have Ray who is a dam good SG and swapping Pierce and Kobe would leave the C's with no SF.

magichatnumber9
06-17-2010, 09:59 AM
I ****ing bleed green. If Paul Pierce became a Laker I would pissed. I was a huge Kobe fan until the whole incident in Colorado and his big fall out that followed. I want nothing to do with Kobe anymore. I am glad he got his life together and seems to have grown up considerably but I'm a Celtic. And that MVP chant for Kobe years ago was a desperate cry for help. That was letting the Celtics organization know that we are ready for a real team again.

n83417
06-17-2010, 10:04 AM
I hate Kobe Bryant. I always have. After all his time with the Lakers, I would probably throw up if Kobe suddenly became a Celtic.

People on here seem to be hating on Pierce. He carried the Celtics for a long time. He singlehandedly brought the Celtics to an ECF. That is much more than you can say about Kobe. Without Shaq and Pau, the Lakers were in the lottery.

If Kobe had never played for the Lakers, I might feel different. But he has. So I would never want him to play for Boston. As a fan of basketball, I would want Pierce to always remain a Celtic, and for Kobe to always remain a Laker.

IAmKira
06-17-2010, 10:10 AM
I ****ing bleed green. If Paul Pierce became a Laker I would pissed. I was a huge Kobe fan until the whole incident in Colorado and his big fall out that followed. I want nothing to do with Kobe anymore. I am glad he got his life together and seems to have grown up considerably but I'm a Celtic. And that MVP chant for Kobe years ago was a desperate cry for help. That was letting the Celtics organization know that we are ready for a real team again.

How can u be a basketball when ur judging the greatness of a player by his off court act? You dont bleed green if u were a fan of an opposing player. u're a fake.

IAmKira
06-17-2010, 10:13 AM
I hate Kobe Bryant. I always have. After all his time with the Lakers, I would probably throw up if Kobe suddenly became a Celtic.

People on here seem to be hating on Pierce. He carried the Celtics for a long time. He singlehandedly brought the Celtics to an ECF. That is much more than you can say about Kobe. Without Shaq and Pau, the Lakers were in the lottery.

If Kobe had never played for the Lakers, I might feel different. But he has. So I would never want him to play for Boston. As a fan of basketball, I would want Pierce to always remain a Celtic, and for Kobe to always remain a Laker.

:facepalm:
im not even gonna question ur stupidity.

n83417
06-17-2010, 10:14 AM
:facepalm:
im not even gonna question ur stupidity.

He did. Everything Walker did was detrimental to the team. Don't call me stupid either ******.

n83417
06-17-2010, 10:15 AM
How can u be a basketball when ur judging the greatness of a player by his off court act? You dont bleed green if u were a fan of an opposing player. u're a fake.

No. You are mistaken. I would rather watch Paul Pierce win a ring in Boston, possibly two, than sell out and see Kobe Bryant win one here. Boston is sacred grounds in the NBA. Kobe doesn't deserve to win a ring for Boston. Not at the expense of Paul Pierce, he doesn't.

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2010, 10:25 AM
I'd rather see the Celtics trade Ray Allen for Kobe ;-) And Garnett for Gasol while you're at it.

TheWatcher34
06-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Kobe would get 25 shots per game, prohibiting the others to establish any kind of rythm. that would make the team too much dependent on Kobe B. no thanks.

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2010, 10:39 AM
A lot of the Boston fans responces remind me of the old school Bad Boys fans. If Pistons fans had heard that in summer of 91 that their GM had somehow managed to talk the Bulls GM into trading Jordan for Dumars, I think most Pistons fans (myself included) would have puked into their laps upon hearing the news, and Jordan likely would have been coughing up his last meal as well ;-)

I'm not a Boston fan, just a fan of the game now, and I'm not a Kobe fan, so Kobe to Boston would be interesting, but I think Gasol would be an even better fit for Boston.