PDA

View Full Version : Kings offer Nocioni + 5th to Pistons for Prince + 7th

GodsSon
06-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Sacramento Kings have offered their 5th pick and Nocioni to the Detroit Pistons for the 7th pick & Tayshaun Prince says ESPN's Chad Ford

http://twitter.com/RossGeiger

I'll try to find more sources

EDIT: I'm assuming it's from insider

robdizzle3
06-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Ehh. I think they should hold off a bit, because I think they may be able to get better value then just moving up 2 spots, unless they value a player very high.

kblo247
06-16-2010, 10:29 PM
That is robbery by Sac unless Detroit feel Cousins or Favors will be 5

GodsSon
06-16-2010, 10:30 PM

Cousins will be since it seems Minne will be taking Johnson

RocketsRule
06-16-2010, 10:31 PM
I'd be surprised if the Pistons' do this, but if they do, that means they are sold on Cousins to be there future center.

SA5195
06-16-2010, 10:33 PM
I wanted BC to somehow get Prince to the Raps :(

Anyways, why would SAC do this, don't they want Cousins? Who's probably gonna be the 5th pick.

kblo247
06-16-2010, 10:36 PM
I wanted BC to somehow get Prince to the Raps :(

Anyways, why would SAC do this, don't they want Cousins? Who's probably gonna be the 5th pick.

Hawes, Landry, and Thompson

They need a starting caliber SF since Evans plays best at SG with Udrih at PG.

JWO35
06-16-2010, 10:37 PM
This has been talked about a few times...I don't see how the Pistons say no. They need a Center(Cousins would be there at 5), Noc could be a good off the bench guy, and I think the Kings would have to add someone else to make it financially match.

PG. Rodney Stuckey
SG. Richard Hamilton(Ben Gordon when ever they trade RIP)
SF. Jonas Jerebko
PF. DeMarcus Cousins
C. Ben Wallace(if he comes back, and he could swap with Cousins)

Not to bad for a upcoming team

central2003
06-16-2010, 10:41 PM
its not official kings will not bite ..

kblo247
06-16-2010, 10:42 PM
This has been talked about a few times...I don't see how the Pistons say no. They need a Center(Cousins would be there at 5), Noc could be a good off the bench guy, and I think the Kings would have to add someone else to make it financially match.

PG. Rodney Stuckey
SF. Jonas Jerebko
PF. DeMarcus Cousins

Where does Charlie factor in?

Kakaroach
06-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Yeah I would assume if this deal does happen the Pistons would pull the trigger on draft day after Wes Johnson is picked by Minny just to be safe that Cousins is still there.

JWO35
06-16-2010, 10:49 PM

Screw Charlie Villanueva, the dude is to inconsistent to start over Wallace...but if Big Ben retires we would have no choice but to start him.

With that potential lineup, Charlie could be the 6th man...and with Wallace's age he could get major minutes

fadedmario
06-16-2010, 11:12 PM
I called this **** 4 days ago. Told ya Kings fans

kozelkid
06-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Interesting deal...
The difference between 5th and 7th pick can be a role player and an allstar in this draft...
Of course Pistons have to deal with Noci's awful contract. I think Pistons should try to add Villanueva somehow and maybe take another bad contract from them like Udrih.

kozelkid
06-16-2010, 11:15 PM

One of them should be cause it seems like Minnesota will take Wesley Johnson. Hell Wesley Johnson has some potential. After those 5, you pretty much have likely role players.
Personally, I think NJ would be better off taking Cousins... First better with Lopez offensively.

kblo247
06-16-2010, 11:20 PM
One of them should be cause it seems like Minnesota will take Wesley Johnson. Hell Wesley Johnson has some potential. After those 5, you pretty much have likely role players.
Personally, I think NJ would be better off taking Cousins... First better with Lopez offensively.

I think the Nets should go after Favors or if Phili is crazy enough to pass on him, Turner.

xbrackattackx
06-16-2010, 11:28 PM
I think it helps sac,Prince is only 29 or 30 and not a bad player. And they wanna get rid of that contract of Noc. So it would help both team.

xabial
06-16-2010, 11:28 PM
i think Detriot should tear down and start fresh. Trade away everybody and have a fire sale. This is a good start. Prince has an undesirable contract but hes still their most tradable player.

EdGein812
06-16-2010, 11:29 PM
its not official kings will not bite ..

What you mean they won't bite? It says it's the Kings making the offer.

fadedmario
06-16-2010, 11:35 PM
What you mean they won't bite? It says it's the Kings making the offer.

It's not a rumor. The Kings offered the Pistons what was mentioned opening this thread.

nuggetsyankees
06-16-2010, 11:42 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=29ugqs5

this is what the trade would probably look like minus the draft picks

Stunner
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=28yctkc we get the 5th they get the 17th

kozelkid
I think the Nets should go after Favors or if Phili is crazy enough to pass on him, Turner.

Bolded goes without saying.
However, I think Favors a bust. And if Cousins can keep his head straight, I really think he has the potential to be a top big man. Carlos Boozer like.

aussiepiston
06-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Seriously, Prince for the 5th straight up is probably a fairer trade, he was our best player late this year. But the Pistons, are not bargaining from a position of power.

Korman12
06-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Seriously, Prince for the 5th straight up is probably a fairer trade, he was our best player late this year. But the Pistons, are not bargaining from a position of power.

At this stage in his career, it's not a fair trade.

td0tsfinest
06-16-2010, 11:51 PM
I thought Cousins would be a great fit alongside Tyreke. Who would the Kings take at 7? Ed Davis, maybe Aminu?

Raoul Duke
06-17-2010, 12:11 AM
I like the move if it allows us to get Cousins. If we give up Tay so that we can move up two spots and get Munroe, I'll be angry.

I'm not even going to try and put lipstick on a pig here. We suck right now. We're not really in any position to try and pawn C-Vil off on them in the process. I'd happily swap Tay and our first for Nocioni's broke *** and the opportunity to roll the dice on Cousins.

Kyben36
06-17-2010, 12:14 AM
dont realy like it, IM a fan of noch being a bulls fan, and I dont think prince is worth the move back. top 5 picks are suposed to be almost guarenteed carear starters. prince is old right now, and not realy what the kings should go for, they should be going young not old.

fin_frenzy_84
06-17-2010, 12:14 AM
How about Deng, Taj, 17th for 5th!!!! That is actually not a bad deal. Deng is younger and has been putting up better numbers. Only problem is Deng contract is going up. Dont worry about that though Kings!!!! We can fix that!!!! We will throw in a Chicago Dog!!!!

sacgiants1213
06-17-2010, 12:17 AM
I thought Cousins would be a great fit alongside Tyreke. Who would the Kings take at 7? Ed Davis, maybe Aminu?

Monroe or Whiteside.

I want Cousins.

kozelkid
06-17-2010, 12:43 AM
Monroe or Whiteside.

I want Cousins.

Well there is the belief that Monroe would go to GSW. And he probably could work as their center in their ****ed up system. Especially considering how great of a passer he is.
I think Whiteside drops like a rock in this draft (similar to Deandre Jordan). Cousins, imo, could very well end up being the best player in this draft if he keeps his head straight. I've watched pretty much every UK game, and Cousins was pretty much their most valuable player by midseason as Wall appeared to hit a freshman wall.

abe_froman
06-17-2010, 12:43 AM
dont realy like it, IM a fan of noch being a bulls fan, and I dont think prince is worth the move back. top 5 picks are suposed to be almost guarenteed carear starters. prince is old right now, and not realy what the kings should go for, they should be going young not old.

prince is still better than noc and is an expiring contract,as well the guys they want at 5 will still be there at 7(well most of them) but will be cheaper

central2003
06-17-2010, 12:46 AM
The reason why I say Kings will not bite.. (maybe) is because this is from chad ford.. chad ford makes up crap out of his own ***** and then tries to sell it for insider memberships.

iggypop123
06-17-2010, 12:48 AM
the kings should do this immediately

fadedmario
06-17-2010, 12:52 AM
The reason why I say Kings will not bite.. (maybe) is because this is from chad ford.. chad ford makes up crap out of his own ***** and then tries to sell it for insider memberships.

But the Kings made the offer?

PrettyBoyJ
06-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Idk I think Pistons should try and search for an alternative or maybe a better offer

jmtapia
06-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Horrible move for the Kings. Id rather just buy out Noc and move on... I dont mind trading the 5th pick but not in that trade. Id rather just draft Cousins if he is still on the board and take a chance.

RocketsRule
06-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Monroe or Whiteside.

I want Cousins.

While I think Cousins will be a solid player, there is just too many questions around him. His work ethic, maturity, or if his game can translate into the NBA have all been questioned, which makes me feel that this would be a great deal for the Kings.

dre1990
06-17-2010, 01:04 AM
We (detroit) should def do this. Im sure we can het cousins at 5 and maybe even favors. Joe Dumars please make up for ****ing up with AI and do this

central2003
06-17-2010, 01:07 AM
No we have our own insider guy .. and he is pretty close to the Kings organization and he has not confirmed anything.. so until our buddy Sam amick confirms this is just a rumor started by Chad ford and overly hyped by detroit fans because they want this bad.. nocioni is going to europe BTW so we can just buy his contract out .

JFresh_#8Nets
06-17-2010, 01:13 AM
We (detroit) should def do this. Im sure we can het cousins at 5 and maybe even favors. Joe Dumars please make up for ****ing up with AI and do this

Favors is going to the NETS :clap:

central2003
06-17-2010, 01:13 AM
Amick on his twitter page said that Kings Pres. Petrie has pretty much his mind set on Cousins and pretty much everything else is most likely a rumor ;)

RadiantShot
06-17-2010, 01:21 AM
There's no way that ends up happening...

robdizzle3
06-17-2010, 01:39 AM
My only problem is that Prince is gonna get the short end on the stick here. I understand that this is a business, but this guy has stayed loyal to the Pistons franchise and he wants to win, but thats not gonna happen in Sactown. I agree they need to start fresh and rebuild, but I would like to see Prince go to a contender.

fadedmario
06-17-2010, 04:15 AM
Keep making your posts about this being a rumor Kings fans if it makes you feel better.

Raoul Duke
06-17-2010, 10:09 AM
No we have our own insider guy .. and he is pretty close to the Kings organization and he has not confirmed anything.. so until our buddy Sam amick confirms this is just a rumor started by Chad ford and overly hyped by detroit fans because they want this bad.. nocioni is going to europe BTW so we can just buy his contract out

Yeah, and I'm friends with the Queen of England. Stop trying to sound like a secret agent.

My only problem is that Prince is gonna get the short end on the stick here. I understand that this is a business, but this guy has stayed loyal to the Pistons franchise and he wants to win, but thats not gonna happen in Sactown. I agree they need to start fresh and rebuild, but I would like to see Prince go to a contender.

We gave him a fat contract and the opportunity to play. I hear what you're saying, but I wouldn't let sentiment get in the way of a good move.

futureman
06-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Millsap + Second rounder for 5th pick and Nocioni.

Kakaroach
06-17-2010, 10:13 AM
Millsap + Second rounder for 5th pick and Nocioni. I don't wanna deal Millsap, even if it does end up with 2 picks in the top 10. Plus it would be something else than a second rounder.

Like I said though, another rumor that could come true but only on draft day.

futureman
06-17-2010, 10:21 AM
I don't wanna deal Millsap, even if it does end up with 2 picks in the top 10. Plus it would be something else than a second rounder.

Like I said though, another rumor that could come true but only on draft day.

We would be adding length in Monroe which could be a good thing. Plus if we drafted Henry at 9, with all of his upside it could be well worth it.

Carey
06-17-2010, 10:42 AM

PG. Rodney Stuckey
SF. Jonas Jerebko
PF. DeMarcus Cousins

I completely agree! Opens the door for Jerebko and Daye at the 3 while getting a legit post presence in Cousins.

JOSKOMANG4
06-17-2010, 10:57 AM

I was just about to say that!!! No way ur paying a dude 8 mill a season and have him bench.

Pistons Lineup:

C) Cousins
PF) CHARLIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SF) Jerebko/Daye
SG) B.Gordon
PG) R.Stuckey.

Kings Lineup:

C) J.THompson
PF) C.Landry
SF) T.Prince
SG) T.Evans
PG) B.Udrih

sep11ie
06-17-2010, 11:09 AM

PG. Rodney Stuckey
SF. Jonas Jerebko
PF. DeMarcus Cousins

Thats Tuuurrrible for an "up and coming team". Are you forgetting Gordan and Eyebrow's contracts?

CityofTreez
06-17-2010, 11:18 AM
I'd rather just buy out the scumbags contract (Nocioni)

If we get screwed in a trade, and it involved Andres Nocioni and losing a big need (like Cousins), I'd prolly go head-hunting for the pathetic morsel!

central2003
06-17-2010, 02:51 PM
HA! I was right it was just rumors .. I told you guys that ..its not to any of our benefit to trade and swap with detroit.

Kyle916
06-17-2010, 03:28 PM
I called this **** 4 days ago. Told ya Kings fans

lololololol

netsgiantsyanks
06-17-2010, 03:43 PM
nocioni's a 76er close thread lol

central2003
06-17-2010, 03:44 PM
fadedmario just got... faded

Raoul Duke
06-17-2010, 03:49 PM
That's hilarious. As soon as I read the rumor, I thought "well that's probably not true, and it's just being put out there by someone on the Sac side to see if they can drum up some phone calls".

ManRam
06-17-2010, 03:51 PM
No need for this any more.