PDA

View Full Version : Bynum: "We're guaranteed to win."

ToldYa
06-16-2010, 06:42 PM
mods dont delete this i have a source !:)

LOS ANGELES -- Lakers center Andrew Bynum, who has been dealing with a torn meniscus in his right knee throughout the playoffs, said Wednesday he would play in Game 7 on Thursday against the Celtics.

"I'm definitely gonna play," said Bynum, who played 16 minutes in Tuesday's Game 6 but very little of that in the second half of the Lakers' 89-67 victory. "It hurts. I need to get surgery done, but I'm gonna hold off."

Earlier Wednesday, Celtics center Kendrick Perkins told reporters he tore two ligaments in his right knee in Game 6 and would be sidelined for Game 7.

Bynum has experienced difficulty getting through the second halves of Games 4 and 6, and acknowledged he had no idea how many minutes he could play in Game 7.

In Game 6, Bynum had two points, four rebounds and one block before requesting to be taken out of the game less than two minutes into the third quarter with the Lakers holding an 18-point lead.

"I'm just gonna try to play as hard as I can, given my current condition," he said. "I'm gonna try to stay out there as long as I can and try to give us as much paint protection as I can."

Bynum said the knee felt "painful" and "stiff" when he woke up, and planned to do more therapy Wednesday. Bynum has undergone two procedures to drain his knee of excess fluid during the playoffs, but said he wouldn't go it again before Game 7.

"I don't think I'm gonna drain it anymore," Bynum said. "I've done it twice already and it's not really gonna help. I'm gonna ease off the needles and try to take it slow and really just go out there and play with the pain."

Bynum is averaging 9.2 points and 7.1 rebounds for the playoffs, but only 3.0 points and 3.0 rebounds in the last four games of the Finals.

When asked about the pride in gutting out a painful postseason, Bynum expressed confidence in the Lakers' ability to repeat as champions.

"I think this one, when we win it, it's gonna taste much sweeter than the one last year," Bynum said. "Just knowing that I played with the injury, [came] through and helped us get here. It's big. We have to win. We're at home. Everything. We have the momentum right now. We have to go out there and beat this team."

Asked if he was offering a "guarantee," Bynum smiled playfully, but nonetheless went out on a limb. "We're guaranteed to win."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5294446

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Young and immature, just proud and excited in the moment, and he realizes that this is the Lakers' championship to lose.

B-Ray
06-16-2010, 06:46 PM
i would have to agree with Andrew on this one

ManRam
06-16-2010, 06:47 PM
I agree with Bynum, but he shouldn't be saying this. The only persons I'd be cool with proclaiming this are Kobe and Fish.

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 06:48 PM
I agree with Bynum, but he shouldn't be saying this. The only persons I'd be cool with proclaiming this are Kobe and Fish.

True.

bigsams50
06-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Y would he say this? Talk about giving more fuel to the C's

showtym24
06-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Means nothing, just like baby's comments earlier.

Teeboy1487
06-16-2010, 06:53 PM
I agree. Even if Kobe and Fish said it, I would kind of be ticked. Nothing is set in stone. I just wish people like Big Baby and Bynum would shut up with these guarantees especially about the biggest game of their careers. They are just giving the other team more motivation than they need.

ecorrea
06-16-2010, 06:56 PM
watch sheed go off tomorrow night. bynums words fuel sheed to go 30 points in game 7!!

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 06:56 PM

If anyone needs more fuel for game 7 for a championship, then that person(s) doesn't deserve to be on the biggest stage.

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 06:57 PM
watch sheed go off tomorrow night. bynums words fuel sheed to go 30 points in game 7!!

:facepalm:

ecorrea
06-16-2010, 06:59 PM
lol, the Cs chances do kind of depend if sheed can step into the 4/5 spot and have a good night...

iggypop123
06-16-2010, 06:59 PM

dont worry big baby davis is giving the fuel back to the lakers saying the celtics deserve the title more

JordansBulls
06-16-2010, 07:00 PM

Or even Pau.

ToldYa
Young and immature, just proud and excited in the moment, and he realizes that this is the Lakers' championship to lose.

how so? EVERYONE counted the celtics out when the playoffs started and now they wont be able to get a minute out of Perkins

ko8e24
Eh, it's all talk, gotta walk the walk. That's it!

bigsams50
If anyone needs more fuel for game 7 for a championship, then that person(s) doesn't deserve to be on the biggest stage.

Well you cant help but think the loss of Perk is gonna be a little demoralizing to them. I just think this will make them come out more focused

boolish
I would say that too if I had Kobe...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 07:01 PM
but I life his dedication to the game

dude can barely walk, but he wants to play so badly

keep up the good work Drew:up:

JordansBulls
06-16-2010, 07:02 PM
One thing I've noticed in the playoffs recently is that when a player guarantees a win they have lost.

Nash guaranteed a game 6 win and it didn't happen.

Pierce guaranteed a sweep on Orlando and then a sweep in Boston, and it didn't happen.

Mo last year guaranteed a series victory over Orlando

Any more?

Aiwokote
06-16-2010, 07:04 PM
As you say, but Big Baby already guaranteed the Celts winning tomorrow earlier today. So for once, someone's prediction will come true.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-16-2010, 07:05 PM
One thing I've noticed in the playoffs recently is that when a player guarantees a win they have lost.

Pierce guaranteed a sweep on Orlando and then a sweep in Boston, and it didn't happen.

Any more?

KG guaranteed a title this year didn't he?

It kinda cancels out.

The Jokemaker
06-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Of course theyre guaranteed to win. Stern and the refs have deemed it so.

On another note, don't care that he said it. He's one of the better young centers in the game so he can stay stuff like this if he wants. If Adam Morrison said it it'd be a different story.

kblo247
06-16-2010, 07:06 PM
I like it from a he has confidence and has earned the right to say that after manning up the whole playoffs standpoint.

I don't like it though because you shouldn't brag, just let your play do the talking.

I understand why he said what he did, why he feels the way he does, and even though I don't like him yapping this soon I can't fault him after nutting up for 2 months on a flat tire.

Klivlend
06-16-2010, 07:08 PM

haha, that'd be funny. When's the last time Sheed scored 30 points in a game anyway?

ecorrea
06-16-2010, 07:10 PM
i wonder if sheed will come strong with the D on Pau. thibs has gotta light a fire under him.

Reyes6
06-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Well the scary part is this is guaranteed to be the last game of the season. Rasheed and KG won't be hesitant to play as hard as they can and maybe get a few harder fouls.

I would understand this against Orlando, but against the Celtics there is no need to give emotion to an emotional club. You blew them out, now you're just pissin them off.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 07:15 PM

Any more?

Pierce guaranteed a 4-1 in finals, cause he said - we ain't coming back to LA

socalpkrbkr
06-16-2010, 07:16 PM

Any more?

"we ain't coming back to L.A.!" - Paul Pierce (after game two)

I don't really care about predictions all that much. It's just noise to me and something to help us sports fans pass the time. If I had it my way, no Lakers player would comment on the Celtics at all. The extra motivation talk is kind of silly to me. You've gotta be as motivated as you've ever been, knowing that you're going into a game 7 for an NBA championship is the ultimate motivator. Some one liner from an opponent shouldn't provide you anything extra. That motivation tank ought to be filled to the max already with no more room to spare.

Avenged
06-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Bynum is just showing his immaturity.

If this was any of the Celtic players, he would be getting bashed on so I expect no less for Bynum. He really shouldn't be saying stuff like this especially when he wasn't able to play for game 6.

ecorrea
06-16-2010, 07:28 PM
should be a good game tomorrow. perkins going down and sheed having to step in should be some good drama. maybe sheed will pay off for the last game of the season.

Stay_Swim
06-16-2010, 07:29 PM
I'd be confident too if I had the Best Player in the World on my team.

ToldYa
06-16-2010, 07:36 PM
As you say, but Big Baby already guaranteed the Celts winning tomorrow earlier today. So for once, someone's prediction will come true.

difference from saying we will work our hardest to win from "we are going to win"

D1JM
06-16-2010, 07:40 PM

The c's without a c.

kblo247
06-16-2010, 07:45 PM
difference from saying we will work our hardest to win from "we are going to win"

Baby said, "We deserve it more"

kblo247
06-16-2010, 07:46 PM
KG or Bynum's perfect 7-0 streaks as starters in a playoff series for LA/Boston will be broken as well

levignjw
06-16-2010, 07:47 PM

Ha not happening; the man has zero work ethic.

n83417
06-16-2010, 07:47 PM
I think its funny that the guy that has been useless with the exception of a game is the one making this claim.

Shaddix
06-16-2010, 07:49 PM
As a celts fan, it's pretty obv that it's the Lakers to lose. I can see the celtics vets coming out strong and getting a quick 10 point lead, but that should be evaporated by the end of the second quarter. Probably back and fourth until the end. I could even see it going to OT. But Bynum has every right to say it, so why not? Maybe it's reverse psychology thinking that people know this could have been a mistake to say so his team will come out stronger. Who knows.

boriquaabe
06-16-2010, 07:49 PM
"we ain't coming back to L.A.!" - Paul Pierce (after game two)

I don't really care about predictions all that much. It's just noise to me and something to help us sports fans pass the time. If I had it my way, no Lakers player would comment on the Celtics at all. The extra motivation talk is kind of silly to me. You've gotta be as motivated as you've ever been, knowing that you're going into a game 7 for an NBA championship is the ultimate motivator. Some one liner from an opponent shouldn't provide you anything extra. That motivation tank ought to be filled to the max already with no more room to spare.

Saying something during the game in the heat of competition is a little different than when someone shoves a microphone in your face.

boriquaabe
06-16-2010, 07:51 PM
I'd be confident too if I had the Best Player in the World on my team.

I didn't know LBJ was a laker...

kblo247
06-16-2010, 07:55 PM

"Best postseason player in the world" better :confused:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 08:13 PM

LOL, how is he best player when he can't lead his team to finals even tough his team has the best record by far margin!

Truheatfan
06-16-2010, 08:21 PM

HELL NO he'd have to shoot 50 shots to score 30 his shot has not been wet at all! they need him baby and nate to give them solid minutes and they gotta rebound whoever wins no the glass wins the game

td0tsfinest
06-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Well lets hope he's a better predictor than Paul Pierce.

boriquaabe
06-16-2010, 08:28 PM
LOL, how is he best player when he can't lead his team to finals even tough his team has the best record by far margin!

The regular season means nothing. LBJ was surrounded by garbage... take the 2 rosters and tell me how you would rank the said players?

LBJ
Kobe
Gasol
Bynum
Odom
Jamison
Artest.... Get it?

I seriously don't understand why this would be argued. Put LBJ on this Laker squad and they would've won 70 games and they would've breezed to a Chip. Your boy Mamba just shoots jump shots. Come on man!

SA5195
06-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Hope he doesn't jinx this.

ToldYa
06-16-2010, 08:43 PM
HELL NO he'd have to shoot 50 shots to score 30 his shot has not been wet at all! they need him baby and nate to give them solid minutes and they gotta rebound whoever wins no the glass wins the game

he did have one 20 point game this playoffs and that other game where he was killing the cavs

Well lets hope he's a better predictor than Paul Pierce.

lmao

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 08:44 PM
The regular season means nothing. LBJ was surrounded by garbage... take the 2 rosters and tell me how you would rank the said players?

LBJ
Kobe
Gasol
Bynum
Odom
Jamison
Artest.... Get it?

I seriously don't understand why this would be argued. Put LBJ on this Laker squad and they would've won 70 games and they would've breezed to a Chip. Your boy Mamba just shoots jump shots. Come on man!

Haha regular season means nothing lol:facepalm:
he has the best supporting cast - which is proofed by his teams regular season record

2 years he has had the best record and hasn't won anything...stop defending him

ToldYa
06-16-2010, 08:58 PM
^well next year hes probably going to have some superstars with him so dont write him off yet

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 09:05 PM

LBJ
Kobe
Gasol
Bynum
Odom
Jamison
Artest.... Get it?

:laugh:

kblo247
06-16-2010, 09:05 PM

LBJ
Kobe
Gasol
Bynum
Odom
Jamison
Artest.... Get it?

You do know that Kobe's teammates historically play better with him than without him, and that the opposite is true of Lebron's right?

You also know that 3 of Lebron's teammates were all stars just last year?

n83417
06-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Haha regular season means nothing lol:facepalm:
he has the best supporting cast - which is proofed by his teams regular season record

2 years he has had the best record and hasn't won anything...stop defending him

LBJ supporting cast is garbage.

madiaz3
06-16-2010, 09:08 PM

At this point there's no excuse as to why they shouldn't already be fueled.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 09:08 PM
LBJ supporting cast is garbage.

of course it's garbage cause cavs have won last 2 regular seasons
:rolleyes:

n83417
06-16-2010, 09:12 PM
of course it's garbage cause cavs have won last 2 regular seasons
:rolleyes:

Weird. According to Laker fans, Pau is the best PF, Bynum is the best center, Artest the best stopper, Fisher the best flopper/big shot PG, Odom is the best bench player in the NBA, yet when making a Kobe/LeBron argument, suddenly Cleveland's supporting cast is better. I do not quite understand.
Who is better

Mike Brown or Phil Jackson

Shaq or Bynum
Jamison or Pau
Artest or Anthony Parker
Fisher or Williams

Cle bench or LA bench

madiaz3
06-16-2010, 09:12 PM

LBJ
Kobe
Gasol
Bynum
Odom
Jamison
Artest.... Get it?

Hows losing with HCA time and time again? Comparing the rosters like that isn't a valid argument. Kobe does way more than LBJ.

madiaz3
06-16-2010, 09:13 PM
You do know that Kobe's teammates historically play better with him than without him, and that the opposite is true of Lebron's right?

You also know that 3 of Lebron's teammates were all stars just last year?

This too.

n83417
06-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Weird. According to Laker fans, Pau is the best PF, Bynum is the best center, Artest the best stopper, Fisher the best flopper/big shot PG, Odom is the best bench player in the NBA, yet when making a Kobe/LeBron argument, suddenly Cleveland's supporting cast is better. I do not quite understand.
Who is better

Shaq or Bynum
Jamison or Pau
Artest or Anthony Parker
Fisher or Williams

Cle bench or LA bench

I'll answer. Bynum is much better than Shaq, Gasol is much better than Jamison, Artest much better than Parker, and Mo is just a little better than Fisher.

And Phil is much better than Brown, and LA bench is significantly better than cleveland's bench.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Who is better

Shaq or Bynum
Jamison or Pau
Artest or Anthony Parker
Fisher or Williams

Cle bench or LA bench

Who cares about these matchups lol!
cavs had the better record, your arguments doesn't make sense

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 09:17 PM
I'll answer. Bynum is much better than Shaq, Gasol is much better than Jamison, Artest much better than Parker, and Mo is just a little better than Fisher.

And Phil is much better than Brown, and LA bench is significantly better than cleveland's bench.

oh boy, you just lost all of your credibility:laugh:

n83417
06-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Who cares about these matchups lol!
cavs had the better record, your arguments doesn't make sense

Wow. Sure it does. LBJ is better than Kobe, the rest of the Lakers TEAM is much better than Cleveland. LBJ did much more for his team than Kobe. He carried his team since his rookie year. Kobe has never, NEVER been able to carry a team. He has always had tons of help.

When Laker fans are talking about their guys, they are all the best. Yet when making the LBJ/Kobe argument, Cleveland's supporting cast is much better.

Laker fans change their opinion regularly to better suit their argument.

SundaeBest
06-16-2010, 09:18 PM

And Phil is much better than Brown, and LA bench is significantly better than cleveland's bench and Kobe is much better than LeBroom.

There, I fixed it for ya! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

n83417
06-16-2010, 09:20 PM
oh boy, you just lost all of your credibility:laugh:

Why? Cleveland's bench is terrible.

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 09:21 PM
In a thread about Andrew Bynum, the Lakers, the Celtics, and the 2010 NBA Finals, why the hell is LeBron James being mentioned???

n83417
06-16-2010, 09:22 PM
In a thread about Andrew Bynum, the Lakers, the Celtics, and the 2010 NBA Finals, why the **** is LeBron James being mentioned???

Someone brought him up.

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Someone brought him up.

I implore you, stop stretching the topic and making it into another kobe vs lebron thread. And that goes for all the other posters out there talking about this. Just stop! It's the freakin finals!

n83417
06-16-2010, 09:25 PM
I implore you, stop stretching the topic and making it into another kobe vs lebron thread. And that goes for all the other posters out there talking about this. Just stop! It's the freakin finals!

When Laker fans say Kobe is the best player in the NBA, I like to state my opinion. If you don't like it, oh well. Someone else brought up the argument, I just threw in my opinion. That is what I do on PSD. I don't cater to other people.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 09:26 PM
In a thread about Andrew Bynum, the Lakers, the Celtics, and the 2010 NBA Finals, why the hell is LeBron James being mentioned???

lol this thread has gotten way out of hands

Why? Cleveland's bench is terrible.

LA has one of the worst benches in the league if not the worst

and Cavs have one of the deepest rosters in the league
I'm out of this thread, your arguments are totally wrong and you're completely biased towards LBJ.
have a good night!

PrettyBoyJ
06-16-2010, 09:28 PM
I jus hope they pull through on his word.. Revenge will be sweet if they do

69centers
06-16-2010, 09:28 PM

Link to the quote where Baby guaranteed the win, please?

n83417
06-16-2010, 09:30 PM
lol this thread has gotten way out of hands

LA has one of the worst benches in the league if not the worst

and Cavs have one of the deepest rosters in the league
I'm out of this thread, your arguments are totally wrong and you're completely biased towards LBJ.
have a good night!

I hate LBJ. I am a Celtics fan. I am done with Laker fans. They all change their tune to make their team or individual players look better. It is never the same twice.

Penetra8r
06-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Celtics pin on your locker room. And dont forget to "hide" $2,600 again, next time it will be a goner!

Avenged
06-16-2010, 09:31 PM
The Cavs were one of the favorites to win it all during the regular season. They were absolutely dominating teams. Since they didn't win a championship this year, it's because "they have no depth, their bench sucks, Lebron has nobody", etc..

They had the best record in the NBA for a reason for 2 consecutive years. I'm not taking anything away from LBJ (I know some of you will take it that way), but saying his team is garbage is an understatement.

n83417
06-16-2010, 09:32 PM
The Cavs were one of the favorites to win it all during the regular season. They were absolutely dominating teams. Since they didn't win a championship this year, it's because they have no depth, their bench sucks, Lebron has nobody, etc..

They had the best record in the NBA for a reason for 2 consecutive years. I'm not taking anything away from LBJ (I know some of you will take it that way), but saying his team is garbage is an understatement.

So you are agreeing with me? Thanks.

soundjunkies2
06-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Link to the quote where Baby guaranteed the win, please?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Big-Baby-We-ll-be-there-at-the-end-holding-the?urn=nba,248980

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Wow, all of you guys have totally killed this thread. MODS, just close it, not worth having another Kobe vs LeBron thread. :facepalm:

n83417
06-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Wow, all of you guys have totally killed this thread. MODS, just close it, not worth having another Kobe vs LeBron thread. :facepalm:

People get me off topic easily.

My original post was something along the lines of...

I find it interesting that Bynum made this prediction. He is the one guy on the roster that has not done anything lately. He has been a just a shade above irrelevant the last 3 games. If I were a Laker fan, I would prefer to get this prediction from someone who is more reliable. (injured or not)

xbrackattackx
06-16-2010, 09:59 PM

I find it interesting that Bynum made this prediction. He is the one guy on the roster that has not done anything lately. He has been a just a shade above irrelevant the last 3 games. If I were a Laker fan, I would prefer to get this prediction from someone who is more reliable. (injured or not)

What's Perkins doing tomorrow night?

SundaeBest
06-16-2010, 10:00 PM

Well, maybe you shouldn't be so easily distracted

Avenged
06-16-2010, 10:00 PM
So you are agreeing with me? Thanks.

Okay.

Don't see why you assume I'm not or anything just because I'm a Laker fan. :rolleyes:

Avenged
06-16-2010, 10:01 PM

Really? Bynum is a big reason the Lakers are about to beat your team.

ARMIN12NBA
06-16-2010, 10:14 PM
That quote is inaccurate. This is the actual quote:

"Of course. We have to win...guaranteed"

_KB24_
06-16-2010, 10:33 PM
This is pathetic. Don't bring "Drama King" James into the convo. PSD has been so peaceful since he choked yet again in the playoffs.

To stay on to topic, I heard what he said on NBA TV. You guys really need to listen and hear before starting threads. He said what Armin said above, LOUD & CLEAR. Nothing out of nature.

Avenged
06-16-2010, 10:37 PM
This is pathetic. Don't bring "Drama King" James into the convo. PSD has been so peaceful since he choked yet again in the playoffs.

To stay on to topic, I heard what he said on NBA TV. You guys really need to listen and hear before starting threads. He said what Armin said above, LOUD & CLEAR. Nothing out of nature.

The NBA forum has been anything but peaceful :p

Anyways, I'm not sure if what Armin said is correct or not, but the link says otherwise.

Kakaroach
06-16-2010, 10:39 PM
The NBA forum has been anything but peaceful :p

Anyways, I'm not sure if what Armin said is correct or not, but the link says otherwise. Yeah I just read the whole article and what Armin said isn't the quote at all. But if you guys could supply me with a link I would be more than happy to change the title.

kblo247
06-16-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah I just read the whole article and what Armin said isn't the quote at all. But if you guys could supply me with a link I would be more than happy to change the title.

What armin said is from the finals coverage on NBA TV. ESPN clipped it like they did the Pau comments.

bulldog2683
06-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Shut up Bynum, how about you guarantee that you'll be on the floor and playing to your best. I'd cash in that guarantee.

ARMIN12NBA
06-17-2010, 01:42 AM
Yeah I just read the whole article and what Armin said isn't the quote at all. But if you guys could supply me with a link I would be more than happy to change the title.

Anyways, I'm not sure if what Armin said is correct or not, but the link says otherwise.

It is correct. The link and article is blatantly wrong.

What armin said is from the finals coverage on NBA TV. ESPN clipped it like they did the Pau comments.

This.