PDA

View Full Version : Perkins torn MCL and PCL

Gibby23
06-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Per NBA TV.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/06/perkins_out_for.html

Dieselpi
06-16-2010, 04:25 PM
that sucks, at least it isnt the acl

PraiseJesus
06-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Kinda sucks.

No real Lakers fan is happy about this.

We wanted to beat the best.

thescore53
06-16-2010, 04:34 PM
you'd think rasheed wallace would be a more than suitable replacement

arkanian215
06-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Damn there goes his USA bid.

ManRam
06-16-2010, 04:35 PM
That was my initial guess.

Boston got killed on the glass last night, and we all know he's their best rebounder. They do have great front court depth, but if Sheed and Davis aren't scoring, they are pretty much useless.

EDIT: I'm putting a link in the OP.

JasonJohnHorn
06-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Yeah, you always want to see the best product on the floor, but Davis and Wallace can fill in for Perkins, though Wallace was not so hot in game six. Here's to hoping Doc manages to find a rotation that works. Maybe even Scalibrine will get some minutes!

Lil Rhody
06-16-2010, 04:38 PM
ughhh there goes the championship

RaiderLakersA's
06-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Kinda sucks.

No real Lakers fan is happy about this.

We wanted to beat the best.

It is a weird kind of karma.

I recall reading many posts to the effect that bringing up the absence of Bynum -- and to a lesser extent, Ariza -- in 2008 was poor form for Lakers fans. I agree.

By the same token, whether Boston wins or loses shouldn't and won't be predicated solely on Perkins' knee.

It's terrible that it happened. I prefer to see both teams at or near 100% health as is possible, given how late in the season it is. But it is what it is.

Wallace and Big Baby will step up, I'm sure. We can't take anyone on that team for granted.

69centers
06-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Sheed's been here before and knows what to do. We'll be fine, as long as Ray and Rondo have great games. Look for part 2 of Shrek and Donkey, too.

KmB728
06-16-2010, 04:41 PM
This hurts

its not the end of the world though, Rasheed and Big Baby aka Uno Uno are fine replacements... as long as Mr. Candace Parker doesnt step foot on the floor im fine

The one bright spot here is that now the offensive game will open up a bit Sheed can hit the 3 and Baby has a nice jumper. The Lakers will have to respect their offensive game a little more than just camping under the rim for Perk

i <3 Perkins though

beasted86
06-16-2010, 04:43 PM
The funny thing is some Laker fans were complaining about Ray Allen undercutting Kobe when he was in the air, and that's exactly what Kobe did on that play to Perkins to get him injured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMEKEdknTNU

Both incidents were accidental, just find it funny I haven't been hearing a lot of complaining on their side.

unwantedplayer
06-16-2010, 04:52 PM
The funny thing is some Laker fans were complaining about Ray Allen undercutting Kobe when he was in the air, and that's exactly what Kobe did on that play to Perkins to get him injured.

Both incidents were accidental, just find it funny I haven't been hearing a lot of complaining on their side.

Oh well... It's part of sports...

Will I miss Perk? Absolutely. Do I think we can win without him? Depends. Sheed has to step up big time, like really big. Hopefully bench can play atleast solid this time and we could pull it out..

Gibby23
06-16-2010, 04:53 PM
This should open up the paint more for the Laker guards because Perkins did a good job of taking up space. He was also the reason Gasols scoring went down, Gasol should have 20 plus points with ease.

boriquaabe
06-16-2010, 04:54 PM

I hate Kobe more than the devil himself but that isn't an undercut. An undercut is when a player is in the air and another player takes his legs out and the player ends up on his chest or back.

pacofunk64
06-16-2010, 04:56 PM
There is is the final straw...the NBA is rigged, :crazy:

Ray_R
06-16-2010, 04:57 PM
SO its Lakers in 7.

nuggetsyankees
06-16-2010, 04:59 PM
that's the third time in three years that kobe has torn some one elses knee ligament (bynum the other 2 times)

iggypop123
06-16-2010, 05:02 PM
It is a weird kind of karma.

I recall reading many posts to the effect that bringing up the absence of Bynum -- and to a lesser extent, Ariza -- in 2008 was poor form for Lakers fans. I agree.

By the same token, whether Boston wins or loses shouldn't and won't be predicated solely on Perkins' knee.

It's terrible that it happened. I prefer to see both teams at or near 100% health as is possible, given how late in the season it is. But it is what it is.

Wallace and Big Baby will step up, I'm sure. We can't take anyone on that team for granted.

how is 6 games of no bynum = to 1 game of no perkins. its just a random thing

lamar2006
06-16-2010, 05:03 PM
that's the third time in three years that kobe has torn some one elses knee ligament (bynum the other 2 times)

what you smoking. he hasnt torn anyone's knee's. Bynum stepped on him once. The other Bynum stepped on Odom's. Perkins didnt step on anyone. He just carries to much for his size. Plus he looks like Oden. He is young but looks like a 50yrd old

Kakaroach
06-16-2010, 05:04 PM
That really really sucks. Sheed and Big Baby are gonna have to step up big time to make up for Perkins.

ManRam
06-16-2010, 05:05 PM
That 40-28 rebounding margin did have a lot to do with Perkins missing time. Wallace and Baby had 8 rebounds in 44 minutes. That's terrible, especially considering they were both on the court at the same time frequently.

This loss couldn't be bigger. Plashke, all though somewhat of a homer, said Boston has no chance now, because Perkins was everything that represented Boston's advantage. He was big, tough, physical and gritty. Half of the pre-series talk was about who's tougher.

Now, Boston isn't tough.

Fireworld
06-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Thats not good. get well.

king4day
06-16-2010, 05:06 PM
LA would probably win either way, but it's a shame an injury might play a big part in how this finishes.

D-Amazins
06-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Sorry but this hurts the Celtics BIG TIME. Sheed plain sucks to me now, the guy has been non existent basically this whole yr.

GSW Hoops
06-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Sorry but this hurts the Celtics BIG TIME. Sheed plain sucks to me now, the guy has been non existent basically this whole yr.

He's turned into Antoine Walker. All he can do is hoist threes.

Supa
06-16-2010, 05:10 PM

Why do you attribute to Kobe having anything to do with it? From another angle this video isn't showing, Perkins' foot touched solid to the ground with no foot underneath him. If anything, it's his contact with Bynum from behind that caused his knee to strain sideway.

---

JordansBulls
06-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Boston's bench has to play well anyway to have a chance to win.

robdizzle3
06-16-2010, 05:16 PM
What does Kobe have to do with that? Perk landed wrong on his leg, nobody really did anything. I guess anything to bring Kobe down, because of course, there are haters.

D-Amazins
06-16-2010, 05:17 PM

Exactly, and he isnt even making any. It makes me frustrated because I have $$ riding on them and this guy was supposed to be their big acquisition of the off-season. No wonder he was coming off the bench anyway.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 05:24 PM

cause there are no 4s:D

EVER, GREATEST
06-16-2010, 05:25 PM

It was Lamar on the first one bro, know your facts before you make your self sound stupid.

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 05:28 PM
cause there are no 4s:D

:laugh:

bigsams50
06-16-2010, 05:42 PM
...And the lakers Repeat...

beasted86
06-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Why do you attribute to Kobe having anything to do with it? From another angle this video isn't showing, Perkins' foot touched solid to the ground with no foot underneath him. If anything, it's his contact with Bynum from behind that caused his knee to strain sideway.

---

Kobe bumped Perkins' leg with his own leg while Perkins was in mid-air.

Undercut, whatever you want to call it... he had some form of accidental impact and it could have been a factor in Perkins landing awkwardly and getting injured.

I heard this on the radio yesterday and observed the same thing in the video, but like I said, Celtic fans never complained about the incident while Laker fans did about Ray Allen when nothing happened.

Tragedy
06-16-2010, 06:00 PM
I heard it was a sprain earlier, but it's no surprise that it's a tear. You could see the way it shifted when he landed.

Pathetic Laker fans at the Staples Center that booed when he went down, as if he flopped. That's sad.

gbpackers12
06-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Damn, that's no good. It was pretty obvious though that something was seriously wrong with his knee when he couldn't even get off the court by himself. Sucks to see guys getting hurt.

BAMF
06-16-2010, 06:03 PM
:clap::clap:

I heard it was a sprain earlier, but it's no surprise that it's a tear. You could see the way it shifted when he landed.

Pathetic Laker fans at the Staples Center that booed when he went down, as if he flopped. That's sad.

Bruno
06-16-2010, 06:06 PM

...right.

Bruno
06-16-2010, 06:11 PM
LA would probably win either way, but it's a shame an injury might play a big part in how this finishes.

Injuries have been playing a part from the beginning wouldn't you say? Questions with KGs/Kobes knees, Bynums knee, now Perkins. Either way, its a shame.

Kakaroach
06-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Not just for Game 7, but now he is very questionable for playing next season, if at all. Yao Ming like injury.

avrpatsfan
06-16-2010, 06:28 PM

They're Lakers fans what do you expect? No class by them. Sheed needs to turn it on. I think Sheed needs to have a big game for the Celtics to win.

L@ker4Life
06-16-2010, 06:30 PM
I actually think this helps Boston in some ways. It opens up the floor for their offense and Shee is a GREAT post defender. What they lose is depth and toughness, but gain offense.

This will still be a great game 7!

Get well Perkins...hated to see you injure yourself (even tho I was secretly hoping you picked up a T last night)

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 06:36 PM

Blame Paul Pierce. It's like dealing with a liar. When someone lies so much, and you lose trust or you start doubting that person for every little thing, and then something awkward happens in the future where that person (or the people close to that person or are associated with that person) tell the truth, you think they're lying because of their past doings.

Plain and simple.

shep33
06-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Boston is better offensively without him, Sheed spreads the floor better, but the Celts lose defense.

The Raven
06-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Wow thats a tough one. But what can i say other than get better. I think Boston will still come out tomorrow wanting more then ever to win so we'll see how it goes

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Boston is better offensively without him, Sheed spreads the floor better, but the Celts lose defense.

And defense wins championships.

kblo247
06-16-2010, 06:47 PM
And defense wins championships.

Pat Riley - "No rebounds, no rings"

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Pat Riley - "No rebounds, no rings"

Exactly! Nice reference.

cws5887
06-16-2010, 07:38 PM
I was rooting for Boston even though I dislike both teams. It is all over but the crying in Beantown, I would say. Karma catching up for Davis breaking Shaq's thumb on purpose and putting him on the bench for the last 8 weeks of the season.

myqntab
06-16-2010, 07:42 PM
They're Lakers fans what do you expect? No class by them. Sheed needs to turn it on. I think Sheed needs to have a big game for the Celtics to win.

yup no class at all...i mean laker fans are pathetic....throwing rocks at the team bus as it leaves the arena........

oh wait......

dodie53
06-16-2010, 07:45 PM
too bad for the celtics

beasted86
06-16-2010, 07:53 PM
I was rooting for Boston even though I dislike both teams. It is all over but the crying in Beantown, I would say. Karma catching up for Davis breaking Shaq's thumb on purpose and putting him on the bench for the last 8 weeks of the season.

Yeah, he broke his thumb on purpose. :rolleyes:

kblo247
06-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah, he broke his thumb on purpose. :rolleyes:

He damn sure pulled on it after the fact on purpose.

masalex1205
06-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Blame Paul Pierce. It's like dealing with a liar. When someone lies so much, and you lose trust or you start doubting that person for every little thing, and then something awkward happens in the future where that person (or the people close to that person or are associated with that person) tell the truth, you think they're lying because of their past doings.

Plain and simple.

but its Perkins, not Pierce:confused:

BkOriginalOne
06-16-2010, 08:16 PM
The front court depth now depends upon Shelden Williams.

td0tsfinest
06-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Huge blow for the Celtics. Sheed should be able to step in and make a difference.

n83417
06-16-2010, 08:20 PM
The front court depth now depends upon Shelden Williams.

And Brian Scalabrine!

beasted86
06-16-2010, 08:28 PM
He damn sure pulled on it after the fact on purpose.

Except that lame logic fails since nobody even knew Shaq injured or broke his thumb until the Cavs called a time out.

Watch the full replay in real time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE9cnXKy5Jg

Shaq never winced holding his thumb, mentioned anything to any teammate, nor did Big Bagy overhear anything because nobody said anything. Just a cop out from some homer fans who want to imagine things. :cry:

robdizzle3
06-16-2010, 09:00 PM
yup no class at all...i mean laker fans are pathetic....throwing rocks at the team bus as it leaves the arena........

oh wait......

And throwing items from the stands while somebody is standing at the line. GTFO with whining about our fans when your fans are worse. Why should we really care if Perkins is out of the game? You guys didnt care about Bynum.

cws5887
06-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Maybe you should watch this one....Homer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKqPw15FRPw

Except that lame logic fails since nobody even knew Shaq injured or broke his thumb until the Cavs called a time out.

Watch the full replay in real time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE9cnXKy5Jg

Shaq never winced holding his thumb, mentioned anything to any teammate, nor did Big Bagy overhear anything because nobody said anything. Just a cop out from some homer fans who want to imagine things. :cry:

bigsams50
06-16-2010, 09:59 PM
And throwing items from the stands while somebody is standing at the line. GTFO with whining about our fans when your fans are worse. Why should we really care if Perkins is out of the game? You guys didnt care about Bynum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ_6WhF500c

:laugh: Please, Laker fans are worse

robdizzle3
06-16-2010, 10:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ_6WhF500c

:laugh: Please, Laker fans are worse

I hope that was a joke, because I bet you would rather have a bottle thrown at you than a Foam Finger. Hahaha.

bigsams50
06-16-2010, 10:10 PM
I hope that was a joke, because I bet you would rather have a bottle thrown at you than a Foam Finger. Hahaha.

Yea, but imagine getting hit with 10 foam fingers!!!!! :laugh: