PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Brown alley-oop

pcrawley
06-16-2010, 04:10 AM
From the third quarter of Game 6. Epic.

http://blogs.uscannenberg.org/neontommy_sports/2010/06/shannon-brown-throws-down-epic.html

heathonater
06-16-2010, 04:26 AM
laker forum.

Kyben36
06-16-2010, 04:44 AM
OK, its pretty sick, but pretty lucky as well, that ball was more barely in his control as he put it down, dont get me wrong, that extension was sick, but im a little surprised he made that.

gbpackers12
06-16-2010, 04:46 AM
:up:

ntat
06-16-2010, 05:37 AM
it was a ****ing alley oop. If u think that was an epic dunk ur insane.

OA SLAY
06-16-2010, 05:51 AM
still sick

Niro
06-16-2010, 06:24 AM
sick but he was supposed to do **** like that 4 months ago -.-

dwadefan03
06-16-2010, 06:35 AM
^lol

Shortys4711
06-16-2010, 06:37 AM

Dude, I think you needed to watch the vid till the end, the first dunk was not an alley but the last dunk was, not a big fan of brown but that was a pretty sick dunk.

Vikes_Fan04
06-16-2010, 07:58 AM
It's only an epic alley-oop because Ray Allen got pegged at the end. :D

Dark Donnie
06-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Looked like Bobby Hurley to Grant Hill....

td0tsfinest
06-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Justing do that Alleyoop would have been better than the **** he did at the dunk contest.

*Silver&Black*
06-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Man, I wonder what Lakers fans would do if Josh Smith is on their team? It's just a homer liking their player's dunk. Who cares. 90% of the NBA can dunk.

Shaddix
06-16-2010, 12:39 PM
nate robinson can dunk

Klivlend
06-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Much more impressive than the one-handed tip-in-oop Kobe had in game 5. Remember when Kobe had vertical explosion?

Incublime24
06-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Man, I wonder what Lakers fans would do if Josh Smith is on their team? It's just a homer liking their player's dunk. Who cares. 90% of the NBA can dunk.

Yeah, but when was the last time Josh Smith did that in a must win game 6 in the NBA Finals? He didn't just post any video of Brown dunking (which there are many of). He posted one from one of the best finals in recent history. Not only was it in the Finals, it was in an elimination game, in a game that single handedly shifted the momentum of the entire series, and you can say that play was the culmination of that momentum shift.

90% of the NBA can dunk so never show a really good highlight of an alley-oop in a Game 6 of the NBA Finals between the two biggest rivals in the sport. Get real.

The[chi][town]
06-16-2010, 12:45 PM
From the third quarter of Game 6. Epic.

http://blogs.uscannenberg.org/neontommy_sports/2010/06/shannon-brown-throws-down-epic.html

aint as epic as this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDdmE6WVZgc

Incublime24
06-16-2010, 12:49 PM
laker forum.

If this were the regular season, I would agree with you. But it's the NBA finals, man. This is definitely NBA forum-worthy. Considering all other teams' fans are watching this serie (since their teams aren't playing anymore), it's definitely something worth discussing amongst all NBA fans. Lakers fans aren't the only ones watching this series and that dunk.

Believe me, I know it's hard to tell with all of the Laker-haters on here, but everybody got a kick out of that dunk. I was watching with a couple of friends (1 who doesn't care for the Lakers and 1 who doesn't care about basketball) and they both jumped out of their seats on that play. Why can't you guys appreciate it instead of using a great play in a Game 6 of the Finals as another chance to hate on the Lakers. hate hate hate hate hate.

NBAfan4life
06-16-2010, 12:52 PM
[town];13678155']aint as epic as this

Browns alley-oop was a better for sure

fadedmario
06-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Top 5 in-game dunk of all-time.

king4day
06-16-2010, 12:57 PM
It was a lovely oop

masalex1205
06-16-2010, 01:07 PM
it was sick, def. not epic though homers

Incublime24
06-16-2010, 01:57 PM

So what do you consider epic? Should Brown have done 3 flips in the air and then caught the ball and dunked it as time expired in Game 7 to win by 1 all while Jack Nicholson and Andy Garcia are standing under the basket filming their next movie??

If you aren't going to get excited over that play then why are you even watching??

*Silver&Black*
06-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Yeah, but when was the last time Josh Smith did that in a must win game 6 in the NBA Finals? He didn't just post any video of Brown dunking (which there are many of). He posted one from one of the best finals in recent history. Not only was it in the Finals, it was in an elimination game, in a game that single handedly shifted the momentum of the entire series, and you can say that play was the culmination of that momentum shift.

90% of the NBA can dunk so never show a really good highlight of an alley-oop in a Game 6 of the NBA Finals between the two biggest rivals in the sport. Get real.

HAHA, Finals don't mean crap with this. Shannon Brown didn't get the Lakers to the finals. Only thing he does is dunk. Wow a dunk! Never seen that before. You act like his dunks is what made the Lakers get to the finals. You get real.

Yeah and if Josh Smith was on the Lakers instead of Hawks, he would have dunks in the finals. What your saying is it's Epic because a crappy player is on the Lakers so his luck of dunking for them is Epic. Come back when someone like Kobe does it.

zambo4president
06-16-2010, 02:42 PM
It was unreal. Really put the icing on the cake.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Meh.

wizardsfan3
06-16-2010, 03:01 PM
okay what he is saying is you don't see people banging that hard in a finals game and when your down one game at that. some people can't even do that in regular season. 90% of the NBA might dunk but you don't see them dunking that hard and getting up that high

kblo247
06-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Justing do that Alleyoop would have been better than the **** he did at the dunk contest.

You bring back some bad memories.

I mean that play caught me off guard as that is normally a Luke to Kobe or Farmar lob.

SeoulBeatz
06-16-2010, 03:13 PM
1st dunk, meh.

2nd dunk was very impressive, he got up!

kblo247
06-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Does anyone else think Shannon would be a much better reserve SF (even though small) than guard?

sep11ie
06-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Meh, it was OK.

harm0n1x
06-16-2010, 03:38 PM
this one was better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDZSWbaP3FE

Double_R
06-16-2010, 03:53 PM
here's an alley against the celtics for ya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXQPR7YUaN0

watch the slow mo b/c quality kinda sucks

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 04:03 PM

brown was way higher

and it was in finals not in boring *** regular season

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 04:04 PM

not epic cause you are a lakers hater

Supa
06-16-2010, 04:10 PM

Doesn't reach the same height as Brown's dunk, not even close.

---

THE MTL
06-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Why didnt he do stuff like this in the dunk contest. He did a two hand dunk with a pass from Kobe for one of his dunks. WTF is that?!?!?! He is explosive but I have little respect for him due to his showing at the dunk contest. He is AWFUL!

albertc86
06-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Does anyone else think Shannon would be a much better reserve SF (even though small) than guard?

Lol. No.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Why didnt he do stuff like this in the dunk contest. He did a two hand dunk with a pass from Kobe for one of his dunks. WTF is that?!?!?! He is explosive but I have little respect for him due to his showing at the dunk contest. He is AWFUL!

The Greatest Mystery In The World!:sigh:

DodgerBulls
06-16-2010, 04:21 PM
brown was way higher

and it was in finals not in boring *** regular season

But I thought the game was over during the 1st quarter? It wasn't like it's the last 2 minutes and a tied ball game.

n83417
06-16-2010, 04:21 PM

HA. Sorry, as much as I hate the Lakers, that Shannon Brown alley oop puts that pathetic Rose oop to shame.

Luke0842
06-16-2010, 04:23 PM
But I thought the game was over during the 1st quarter? It wasn't like it's the last 2 minutes and a tied ball game.

As silly as that sounds, a game being over in the first quarter, I knew it was. Celtics came out with no intensity. As a celtics fan, I will say that was a pretty nice oop, but epic, thats pushin it.

DodgerBulls
06-16-2010, 04:35 PM
As silly as that sounds, a game being over in the first quarter, I knew it was. Celtics came out with no intensity. As a celtics fan, I will say that was a pretty nice oop, but epic, thats pushin it.

Sadly it was, i'm pretty much not rooting for the Lakers or the C's.. but I just want to see an exciting game. Definitely not epic, it was nice though.

pcrawley
06-16-2010, 04:36 PM

That Rose dunk was a lot cleaner, so yeah, probably more epic. But Brown's oop came in the NBA Finals. Can't really top it when it comes to the situation it happened in.

69centers
06-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Game was a blowout, no one was on him. Breakaway dunk. Big freaking deal. Gerald Green could do that, too.

Much better Finals dunk right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsNtPZmXL04

colinskik
06-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Game was a blowout, no one was on him. Breakaway dunk. Big freaking deal. Gerald Green could do that, too.

And the Celtics were up 20 in that game ...

Admit it you homer, the Shannon dunk was sick, he got up high as shiz.

*Silver&Black*
06-16-2010, 04:58 PM
He isn't a homer. The people saying the Shannon dunk is "epic" are Lakers fans. You can sign any scrub to the Lakers that can dunk, let him get a dunk in a blow out finals game, and say it's EPIC? That's being a homer. he was high up there for his size, but not "Epic". What the heck is with people quick to label things "epic"? Stupid label anyways. Put someone like KG in front of that dunk when he did it, then we can talk.

Man, Stern is living a dream right now with these people eating this series up.

pcrawley
06-16-2010, 05:00 PM
He isn't a homer. The people saying the Shannon dunk is "epic" are Lakers fans. You can sign any scrub to the Lakers that can dunk, let him get a dunk in a blow out finals game, and say it's EPIC? That's being a homer. he was high up there for his size, but not "Epic". What the heck is with people quick to label things "epic"? Stupid label anyways. Put KG in front of that dunk, then we can talk.

It's epic because you'll likely remember it 2-3 years from now (if not longer). It was that good a dunk.

colinskik
06-16-2010, 05:01 PM
He isn't a homer. The people saying the Shannon dunk is "epic" are Lakers fans. You can sign any scrub to the Lakers that can dunk, let him get a dunk in a blow out finals game, and say it's EPIC? That's being a homer. he was high up there for his size, but not "Epic". What the heck is with people quick to label things "epic"? Stupid label anyways. Put someone like KG in front of that dunk when he did it, then we can talk.

How about the fact that he used "the game was a blowout" as an excuse why it wasn't a great dunk, then goes on to show what he calls a good finals dunk, which was a 20 point lead in the third quarter. ... That's being a homer.

*Silver&Black*
06-16-2010, 05:02 PM
How about the fact that he used "the game was a blowout" as an excuse why it wasn't a great dunk, then goes on to show what he calls a good finals dunk, which was a 20 point lead in the third quarter. ... That's being a homer.

Well if he was serious about it, then yes. But I thought he was just proving point that any scrub that can dunk coming off the bench in a Finals can do it.

colinskik
06-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Well if he was serious about it, then yes. But I thought he was just proving point that any scrub that can dunk coming off the bench in a Finals can do it.
Are you then saying that Leon Powe is a scrub coming off the bench, because the way I remember it he was pivotal in their championship run.

*Silver&Black*
06-16-2010, 05:04 PM
It's epic because you'll likely remember it 2-3 years from now (if not longer). It was that good a dunk.

Maybe Lakers fans, but outside of that, no one gives a **** about Lakers or Celtics but the fans of those teams and bandwagoners that just watches the finals.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 05:05 PM

:facepalm:
Brown has one of the biggest vertical leap in the NBA!
His dunks are anything but boring!

*Silver&Black*
06-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Are you then saying that Leon Powe is a scrub coming off the bench, because the way I remember it he was pivotal in their championship run.

I'm saying Shannon is. I didn't even watch that posters video, because the topic was how EPIC anything the Lakers do is. But if you want to talk about Leon, where is he?

*Silver&Black*
06-16-2010, 05:07 PM
:facepalm:
Brown has one of the biggest vertical leap in the NBA!
His dunks are anything but boring!

Well I guess whatever has the Lakers name on it is gold. I'm sorry.:rolleyes:

Why is it Lakers fans are the ones who are taking up for this? Stop being a homer.

colinskik
06-16-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm saying Shannon is. I didn't even watch that posters video, because the topic was how EPIC anything the Lakers do is. But if you want to talk about Leon, where is he?
Well actually your point was either that other poster wasn;t being a homer, which I proved he was, or then that any scrub can dunk, which also isn't true because Shannon is known only for dunking, so obviously the dunks he displays aren't run of the mill. As for Powe, pretty sure he was injured. But when he wasn't, as in the '08 finals, he was dominating the LA bigs and was one of the biggest reasons the Celtics bench was outstanding.

*Silver&Black*
06-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Well actually your point was either that other poster wasn;t being a homer, which I proved he was, or then that any scrub can dunk, which also isn't true because Shannon is known only for dunking, so obviously the dunks he displays aren't run of the mill. As for Powe, pretty sure he was injured. But when he wasn't, as in the '08 finals, he was dominating the LA bigs and was one of the biggest reasons the Celtics bench was outstanding.

Okay Leon is awesome, and I don't give a crap about Celtics homers either.

I came here to discuss how Lakers is the be all end all it seems. If someone can dunk on that team, he is now the best dunker ever it seems. Dunking for 1, is nothing to the game of basketball. 2nd, does Shannon get rebounds or anything else? Homers are funny. Lakers lose, they complain. Lakers win, they post videos of scrub players dunking with 20 point leads. It goes for Celtics fans too. The "popular" teams like these 2 shouldn't complain about nothing. The NBA WANTS them to win. Lakers fans bash Lebron, but praise Shannon? stupid.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 05:15 PM

You are biggest homer ever or you are just joking?:confused:

That was ... nothing lol...and you know it haha...boring *** dunk...he didn't even jump high

colinskik
06-16-2010, 05:19 PM

I came here to discuss how Lakers is the be all end all it seems. If someone can dunk on that team, he is now the best dunker ever it seems. Dunking for 1, is nothing to the game of basketball. 2nd, does Shannon get rebounds or anything else? Homers are funny. Lakers lose, they complain. Lakers win, they post videos of scrub players dunking with 20 point leads. It goes for Celtics fans too. The "popular" teams like these 2 shouldn't complain about nothing. The NBA WANTS them to win. Lakers fans bash Lebron, but praise Shannon? stupid.
I'm not here either to praise Shannon, because like I said, ALL he can do is dunk, and obviously he can't even capitalize on that (see this year's dunk contest). But guess what, this is the NBA finals, so everything is going to be magnified, and rightly so. This is the ****in' finals!! You're really not making any point here.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 05:22 PM

wow you sound pissed...Is it cause the Lakers won?

*Silver&Black*
06-16-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm not here either to praise Shannon, because like I said, ALL he can do is dunk, and obviously he can't even capitalize on that (see this year's dunk contest). But guess what, this is the NBA finals, so everything is going to be magnified, and rightly so. This is the ****in' finals!! You're really not making any point here.

I guess I'm not. Sorry to bash the WWE and it's golden team.

Lakers will win this series.

*Silver&Black*
06-16-2010, 05:24 PM
wow you sound pissed...Is it cause the Lakers won?

No. Neither team matters to me. Why would I be pissed if I already knew the Lakers was winning this series in 7 before it started? Stop trying to pull your Lakers winning into this homer. Start worrying about why grown *** men on your team and the Celtics cry and flop in b-ball games like young girls.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 05:34 PM
No. Neither team matters to me. Why would I be pissed if I already knew the Lakers was winning this series in 7 before it started? Stop trying to pull your Lakers winning into this homer. Start worrying about why grown *** men on your team and the Celtics cry and flop in b-ball games like young girls.

wow this arguing with you will lead to nowhere:sigh:

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still ********.

madiaz3
06-16-2010, 05:50 PM
laker forum.

I don't read the Laker forum. But I did want to see this.

L@ker4Life
06-16-2010, 05:58 PM

You're posts are becoming monotonous and repetitive. Give props to the dope dunk or not your choice, but dont post just to try and talk ish on the Lakers. What r u a golden state fan? Its been a tough forever for you guys I can understand why you're bitter. You're just mad cause Shannon the "scrub" would be the best player on your team!!

Yeah that last line was sarcastic and I strongly dislike Shannon as a player, but your posts are ridiculous. I'll have to go and look at some of your posts in the Raiders forum to find out if you are just a horrible poster or if you distain for the Lakers has affected your ability.

natelpete
06-16-2010, 06:13 PM
why is this a thread? and why does it have 5 pages?

69centers
06-16-2010, 08:53 PM
You are biggest homer ever or you are just joking?:confused:

That was ... nothing lol...and you know it haha...boring *** dunk...he didn't even jump high

It was en route to a 21 point game for Leon, that helped whoop the Lakers butts and helped take the series. Brown's dunk was absolutely and 100% meaningless.

why is this a thread? and why does it have 5 pages?

My sentiments exactly.

Meth
06-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Shouldn't this be in the game thread?

tr4shb0t
06-16-2010, 09:17 PM

Funny how you now claim you knew the Lakers would win it all all along, yet you only have the balls to post it after game 6. Why not announce your prophecy at the beginning of the season then?

Don't waste your time hater. This was a great dunk.

sargon21
06-16-2010, 10:46 PM
man that dunk was so overrated, anyone agree??

sargon21
06-16-2010, 11:09 PM
shannon's had many better dunks in the past, but this one is just getting more attention because of the stage it was on, also laker fans stop calling people haters (this word is soo overused on this site) because they wont say that the dunk was "EPIC" because it really wasn't mind-blowing

kblo247
06-16-2010, 11:11 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs097.snc4/36218_10150204251485341_144917055340_13223202_1090 825_n.jpg

He got up there is all I know

daneo54
06-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Candace Parker can dunk.

Tyreke20-5-5
06-17-2010, 05:32 PM
hate LA so much, but sick alley oop

b0nk
06-17-2010, 05:40 PM
slo-mo version looks pretty tight though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRK4REvT3yo

D1JM
06-17-2010, 06:09 PM
this would of been closed along time ago if rose was involved

DengelBerry
06-20-2010, 09:23 AM

no it was a dunk not an oop:facepalm:

magichatnumber9
06-20-2010, 09:46 AM
That was a sick dunk. Shannon has some hops