PDA

View Full Version : Why does Kobe Bryant downplay EVERYTHING?

Boston Faithful
06-16-2010, 03:09 AM
After Game 6:

"We're used to being in must-win situations," Bryant said. "The way we look at it, [Game 7] is just a game we've got to win. ... I don't mean to be a buzzkill. I know what's at stake, but I'm not tripping."

Not tripping? This idiot has downplayed just about everything in his career. He downplayed his feud with Shaq, he downplayed the losing years with the Lakers, he downplayed his rivalry with LeBron, he downplayed the rivalry with the Celtics and now he's downplaying the biggest game in the NBA since 1998.

It's so irritating. His personality is half of what makes me hate him. You can tell how he really feels about situations when he's not talking to the media. Like with the rape case, how he was the first to make a comment about how Shaq committs adultery too. How he clearly looked bothered that people were saying LeBron was better than him. How he's clearly looked bothered by the Celtics at so many points in past two years.

He just wants everything to look like it's not a big deal. On the other hand, you have all the Celtics and Doc Rivers acknowledging the high stakes of a Game 7, especially with the Lakers.

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 03:12 AM
Maybe because his entire career, people have been so critical of his words, his way of saying things, his facial expressions, etc. etc. He doesn't want to give anything away emotion-wise because he's been the most polarizing figure in sports in the last decade and a half and people like to make wrong meanings out of the stuff he says, does, and his facial expressions.

ARMIN12NBA
06-16-2010, 03:13 AM
Gamesmanship.

BTW--I bet if Kobe said what Fat Baby said, people would rip him apart. There is no winning for Kobe! :laugh2: It's alright. We all know he is a baller.

kblo247
06-16-2010, 03:19 AM
You must have a tell as a poker player.

robdizzle3
06-16-2010, 03:22 AM
Completely agree Armin. He's gonna stay poised so his team can stay poised. Fisher is the same way. He acknowledged he knew what's at stake, but he's also not gonna go overboard. the guy has ice water running through his veins and he's a different type of animal. Thats what makes him so good and come out and play well. Haters are in the house.

GspLAL
06-16-2010, 03:25 AM
Gonna keep it short because this is a very stupid question but because as a leader, his reactions can effect others. Not everyone is calm and composed under pressure like him so if he comes out and says "this game is the biggest game in years" or something along those lines, then his teammates might panic or not play loosely.

NYtilIdie
06-16-2010, 03:26 AM
Sometimes I wish Kobe would stop trying to be someone he's not and be the real cocky, arrogant person that he is and just flat out say

"Were going to win Game 7 you know why? Because were playing at the Staples Center b**ch and you can quote me on that"

Im tired and annoyed with these players "saying the right thing"

Kevj77
06-16-2010, 03:27 AM
He doesn't want to give the Celtics any chalk-board material. Look how the media took Gasol's comments about KG totally out of context and tried to make a story out of nothing. Both teams are being careful about giving the other motivation.

boriquaabe
06-16-2010, 03:28 AM
It's because he is just too good....

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 03:29 AM
"Were going to win Game 7 you know why? Because were playing at the Staples Center b**ch and you can quote me on that"

Im tired

:laugh:

Haha, classic!

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 03:30 AM
He doesn't want to give the Celtics any chalk-board material. Look how the media took Gasol's comments about KG totally out of context and tried to make a story out of nothing. Both teams are being careful about giving the other motivation.

Yeah, blame that red-head ***** Rachel Nichols. :pity:

kblo247
06-16-2010, 03:38 AM
Yeah, blame that red-head ***** Rachel Nichols. :pity:

She apologized for it. God damn, she even said on her twitter that she was fed the question to ask, and upon seeing the full interview (she wasn't there for Pau's) she said she was sorry asap on twitter. ESPN ****ed her and her rep.

Kevj77
06-16-2010, 03:40 AM
I have a question. Why does everyone try to find the negative in everything Kobe does, other then the fact that they don't like him? Kobe is the anti-hero for so many people, they just hate for no reason.

COBY KARL
06-16-2010, 03:42 AM
It seems that Kobe will always be hated for everything he does.

Good job at making these threads that always get closed.

jmtapia
06-16-2010, 03:43 AM
been there done that mentality

ItsTheLastAce
06-16-2010, 03:43 AM
Its the same demeanor phil has, cool calm and collected. I think both teams take on he personalities of their coach and vocal leader Doc and KG thrive off of motivating others and the team thrives off of emotion. Phil and Kobe are always calm cool and collected, example whenever the Lakers are in a tight spot, Phil doesn't take a TO he remains calm and lets the team work it out themselves. You have to have that type of demeanor when you take so many important shots.

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 03:45 AM
She apologized for it. God damn, she even said on her twitter that she was fed the question to ask, and upon seeing the full interview (she wasn't there for Pau's) she said she was sorry asap on twitter. ESPN ****ed her and her rep.

Yikes, I didn't know that, I kinda feel bad for her now, and I feel foolish saying what I did, LOL.

But there's a lesson for her to learn...patiently weigh everything and see what the truth is before you go out and write something or say something to make an easy buck.

UnWantedTheory
06-16-2010, 03:47 AM
Because its what your suppose to do. Also, did you not see him pissed off the other day? I hate Kobe and the Lakers, but this thread is ridiculous. He does what he is suppose to do. He gets upset at times, but you want to critisize him for trying to say what is right socially? Down play it....damn its just bball...not life. I hold him no ill will for how he handles the media. It just appears you are a true hater, picking at anything. Or would you prefer him to be Shaq and rap about the *****es of the NBA? Get a grip bro.

PatelJ1010
06-16-2010, 03:48 AM
Kobe is Kobe

PLAYERS FAN
06-16-2010, 03:50 AM
After Game 6:

Not tripping? This idiot has downplayed just about everything in his career. He downplayed his feud with Shaq, he downplayed the losing years with the Lakers, he downplayed his rivalry with LeBron, he downplayed the rivalry with the Celtics and now he's downplaying the biggest game in the NBA since 1998.

It's so irritating. His personality is half of what makes me hate him. You can tell how he really feels about situations when he's not talking to the media. Like with the rape case, how he was the first to make a comment about how Shaq committs adultery too. How he clearly looked bothered that people were saying LeBron was better than him. How he's clearly looked bothered by the Celtics at so many points in past two years.

He just wants everything to look like it's not a big deal. On the other hand, you have all the Celtics and Doc Rivers acknowledging the high stakes of a Game 7, especially with the Lakers.

You're the only Boston fan that always worry about Kobe. I can expect that from a Bulls,Jordan,Lebron,Iverson,Wade fans. But is very weird that a Boston fan is always taking shots at Kobe.

I guess I'm not use to a boston fan making threads about Kobe rather than the Lakers:shrug:

kblo247
06-16-2010, 03:54 AM
I have a question. Why does everyone try to find the negative in everything Kobe does, other then the fact that they don't like him? Kobe is the anti-hero for so many people, they just hate for no reason.

He is the Vegeta of the NBA

robdizzle3
06-16-2010, 04:04 AM
He is the Vegeta of the NBA

HAHAHA!! I love that analogy. For anybody thats watched DBZ, which I would say most of you have, thats just too perfect lol.

UnWantedTheory
06-16-2010, 04:08 AM
After Game 6:

Whats irritating is I have to take up for someone I dont like due to other peoples hatred and ignorance.

robdizzle3
06-16-2010, 04:11 AM
Baiting.

you know what, thanks for writing that, because I was about to fall for that bait. Haters everywhere. Now that I thionk about it though, Vegeta wasnt better than Goku, unless Goku is Jordan lol.

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 04:15 AM
you know what, thanks for writing that, because I was about to fall for that bait. Haters everywhere. Now that I thionk about it though, Vegeta wasnt better than Goku, unless Goku is Jordan lol.

No problem bro, we just gotta ignore those ignorant posters here. They can talk all they want, but the truth of the matter is, our guy, the Black Mamba, is on the verge of getting his 5th ring! ;)

SundaeBest
06-16-2010, 04:19 AM
After Game 6:

Maybe you're the idiot...what do you want him to say? "ZOMG, we have to win this game!" ? That's his demeanor, you want him to be a big drooling monkey on the court? Or bust out a wheel-chair for attention? How about, a bald patch and a plethora of technical s, will that be more to your liking?

He's like the turtle and the hare, cool and calm....quit your whinning cause you just got blown out in game 6.

kblo247
06-16-2010, 04:21 AM

We have a winner.

We have the guy who was born great, worked hard, fans/people love him, and he just has the natural swagger that borders on serious/fun at times like Goku. He is as close to as perfect as can be to the point that you get hero worship and forget he sometime fell flat on his face because the good moments outnumber the bad.

We have a guy with the blood line whose every move is watched and while very talented has to bust his *** to narrow the gap in Vegeta. In doing so he comes off as aloof because he isn't out going, open, and comes off as pricklishly distant. At the end of the day though you know damn well even as his biggest hater you would want him with you more than against you.

Hell Goku won the big wars, but at the end of the day I got news for everyone. Vegeta damn sure meant as much if not more to the story (NBA history) with his every failure and flaw documented, his change in attitude and perception over time, and the fact he rose to the occassion to save his friends (Kobe's closing ability)

I must watch an episode on youtube now :D

junion
06-16-2010, 04:25 AM
he's downplaying everything because to him, there's nothing to celebrate right now. he doesn't have a 2010 ring right now, and that's where his focus is.

if he comes out saying that the lakers are going to win for sure, then he'll look as foolish as paul pierce did when he said, "we ain't going back to orlando, you hear that fans, we're not going back to orlando."

are you more intimidated by a guy who talks all this ****, or a guy who doesn't say anything, but kills you with a straight face?

robdizzle3
06-16-2010, 04:47 AM
We have a winner.

We have the guy who was born great, worked hard, fans/people love him, and he just has the natural swagger that borders on serious/fun at times like Goku. He is as close to as perfect as can be to the point that you get hero worship and forget he sometime fell flat on his face because the good moments outnumber the bad.

We have a guy with the blood line whose every move is watched and while very talented has to bust his *** to narrow the gap in Vegeta. In doing so he comes off as aloof because he isn't out going, open, and comes off as pricklishly distant. At the end of the day though you know damn well even as his biggest hater you would want him with you more than against you.

Hell Goku won the big wars, but at the end of the day I got news for everyone. Vegeta damn sure meant as much if not more to the story (NBA history) with his every failure and flaw documented, his change in attitude and perception over time, and the fact he rose to the occassion to save his friends (Kobe's closing ability)

WOW!!! Very good and well put. Very good analogy like I said before. haha, yea, reading that got me wanting to watch it as well lol.

skinsfan4life80
06-16-2010, 04:58 AM

If people only knew how silly they looked hating a man with so much passion that they have never even met. Like people gett over it..let it out..let the hate free.

JiffyMix88
06-16-2010, 05:10 AM
WOW this is hilarious how many kobe/laker fans jumped on this lmao

JiffyMix88
06-16-2010, 05:12 AM
but yes i hate when players in general try to say the right thing i think thats y i love joakim noah for his cleveland comments and monta for his comments cause they r just keeping it real and r saying what they are really thinkin **** saying whats right

EdGein812
06-16-2010, 06:38 AM
He'll talk about how big a win it is after the fact though it's not necessary to do it now. He's being politically correct just like 99% of the sports world. Not a big deal.

EdGein812
06-16-2010, 06:39 AM
He is an incredible douche though.

EdGein812
06-16-2010, 06:39 AM
But not because of this.

tmacsc2
06-16-2010, 06:50 AM
the dude is cold blooded! He has ICE in his Veins he is all business! thats the coolest thing about him to me

ee
06-16-2010, 07:16 AM
This thread makes no sense.... He doesn't wanna hype it up, its kobe, u want him to go jump around, be excited like fans do, say some **** he might regret???.....like i said, it's kobe, i know as a celtics fan, u wanna here some **** like, oh the celtics are a very tough team blah, blah, blah, an ego booster to here respect from the best player in the league, but since you didn't hear any praises, ur irritated.....

For him, its just another must win game, he's probably disappointed this thing went this far... the guy has 4 rings, this is just an icing on the cake for him, just gravy on his steak..... Its funny how this irritates you when he's loved for the same reason.....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-16-2010, 07:21 AM
After Game 6:

you are an idiot, making threads which will get shutdown

Daze9900
06-16-2010, 07:40 AM
I will agree with the been there done that mentality and I must say he is always going to be scrutinized. What was he supposed to say? "Oh my I thought we would have swept them by now... I'm really worried that my bench won't come through? What if I miss a buzzer beater or we lose the game?" Get real with this thread Athletes are paid to play. Just watch them play stop worrying about what they think and just watch the games.

SlaterRaps
06-16-2010, 07:43 AM
It seems that Kobe will always be hated for everything he does.

Good job at making these threads that always get closed.

hahaha AGREED this guy has made every insult kobe in the forum top 5 for the entire playoffs

RazNYC
06-16-2010, 07:50 AM
Kobe is the best and everyone has a right to hate him for that especially a boston guy !!!! :(

Quasimoto
06-16-2010, 07:53 AM
He Didn't Downplay Diggin In That Girl's Booty Hole In Colorado.

So I Wouldn't Say "Everything", My Friend.

sventhedog
06-16-2010, 08:01 AM
compare this to what lebron says, and kobe will look like a genius. lol.

you see what you choose to see.

JordansBulls
06-16-2010, 08:28 AM
After Game 6:

What do you want him to say? We will Win Game7?

pebloemer
06-16-2010, 08:37 AM
WOW this is hilarious how many kobe/laker fans jumped on this lmao

Seems to me that fans of all teams have been replying in the thread. And I don't think I've seen more than two posts supporting the OP's argument.

Quite a ridiculous thread actually. Just to flip the question: Why do fans and media have to overdo every little comment like this?

It's creating drama where there is no drama...

chuckdaily85
06-16-2010, 09:39 AM
It seems to me you're taking your Kobe hate a bit too far...Name a player who when asked about a rivalry b/t two players has answered and said yeah we're rivals...name a player who said anything damn near ******** as that...grow up...Pau Gasol said KG is less explosive but still a great player and KG took it the wrong way. Kobe keep doin what your doin bruh

hugepatsfan
06-16-2010, 10:20 AM
This is who he is. Why should he change now? I personally find Kobe thrilling to watch and he is the best player I have ever seen (I'm too young for MJ). There are plenty of reasons to hate him though. I think that's why people blow up whatever he says and makes a storyof it. For me, he comes off as a frontunner in his leadership. I can;t say what he does behind the scenes, so I won't hammer him for it though. But on the court, he always seems to sit by himself and pout when things are going bad. I just don't see a guy that can lead through thick and thin - only when things are good is he a leader.

tr3ymill3r
06-16-2010, 10:21 AM
He's not a rookie anymore, and 1 game doesn't excite him. If you really want to know the type of player he is just watch last years deciding game against Orlando. The game was wrapped up towards the end of the 4th quarter, every Laker was celebrating with 3 minutes left, except Kobe. The game wasn't over to him, he didn't crack a smile and jump for joy until the final buzzer. The man is focused, and for him to let up just a little would take away from who he is. Do you really want him up there cheesing and saying he's stoked to be playing game 7. He's only happy if they win, all else is irrelevant.

albertc86
06-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Can't expect the predator to act like the prey. Why should the best player on the court fear the opposition? You're right... The Celtics are acknowledging the magnitude of the game but I would too if I was facing Kobe in a game 7. I love the double-standard, though. If it was Pierce of KG saying it you wouldn't be saying anything or calling them idiots.

LAKERRS24
06-16-2010, 10:41 AM
This should wrap up the thread:

Question of a reporter to Kobe before game 5 of 2004 Finals:

Will you win game 5?

Kobe: " No doubt about it. You can count on it."

We know the result. And I must say I was more than happy, when the news about Paul Pierce saying "We ain't coming back to LA" came out.

Kobe is just showing us, what he learned through the years - Words don't bring you championships.

Frezhnitz
06-16-2010, 10:45 AM
He's an idiot for staying calm? No matter what Kobe does, he gets no respect. Its ok. Only true fans of the NBA know how great he is.

Lakerfan In NY
06-16-2010, 10:55 AM
The sad part about this thread, is if Kobe was to come out & say everything you guys want him to say, the same people would be the 1st in line to say he has "no class." or "he's too cocky" So why say anything at all. Just go out & play ball

Lakers4ItAll
06-16-2010, 11:06 AM
What rivalry? Kobe wins rings Lebron goes fishing

After Game 6:

Da Knicks
06-16-2010, 11:06 AM
I dont like players trying to act smarter than what they are esp when they didnt even go to college yeah thats Mcgrady, Kobe, Garnett, Lebron. If they were themselves people would like them more i guess the nba tries to keep them in check. We have enough thugs in the league as it is but kobe does get on my nerves and so does garnett thats why no finals for me and my friends put some new characters on and we will watch. Preferably the knicks lol.

albertc86
06-16-2010, 11:09 AM
I dont like players trying to act smarter than what they are esp when they didnt even go to college yeah thats Mcgrady, Kobe, Garnett, Lebron. If they were themselves people would like them more i guess the nba tries to keep them in check. We have enough thugs in the league as it is but kobe does get on my nerves and so does garnett thats why no finals for me and my friends put some new characters on and we will watch. Preferably the knicks lol.

Kobe is actually a smart guy. By all accounts, he's well read. Can't call the guy ignorant if he's smarter than you are, too.

sep11ie
06-16-2010, 11:29 AM
been there done that mentality

Short, sweet, simple, and to the point.

I hate Kobe and the Lakers, but he'd the cream of the crop.

sep11ie
06-16-2010, 11:33 AM

Says the guy that loves run-on sentences.

Avenged
06-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Sorry Kobe isn't as dramatic for your liking.

Why would he go out there and say that the Lakers are absolutely going to win in game 7. I mean, if they don't win, he'll look really stupid. Paul Pierce anyone? I know you guys remember his 2 predictions against the Magic and the Lakers, none of them came true.

As long as he lets his game do the talking, I'm not complaining.

Da Knicks
06-16-2010, 11:49 AM
lol ill have to get all these players to get me some help with that! Or maybe you can just correct me all through my posts my college teachers will be proud of me and you. :facepalm: If they are still alive.:(

L@ker4Life
06-16-2010, 12:37 PM
^^ must have been a community college in NY...I hear they don't focus too much on grammar.

IAmKira
06-16-2010, 12:44 PM
^^ must have been a community college in NY...I hear they don't focus too much on grammar.

or some special ed college.

Yanks All Day
06-16-2010, 12:52 PM
As much as I don't like the guy, this is one of the few reasons I have so much respect for him. Kobe Bryant does not feel pressure. It's absolutely amazing. He goes out and plays every game the same way, with ice in his veins. He downplays everything because things just aren't getting to him. He has been here before, and knows what it takes to win. That being said, I hope he loses.

J4KOP99
06-16-2010, 01:05 PM
No matter what Kobe does, somebody is going to have a problem. He understands that and so do most of us.

Sorry he doesn't act like the Celtics and Doc Rivers.

Jack Daniels
06-16-2010, 01:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxxPLDZnqwA

ItsTheLastAce
06-16-2010, 01:16 PM
We have a winner.

If Jordan is Goku, and Kobe is Vageta. Does that make Lebron Gohan? All the potential in the world and must live up to the expectations.

jpp1391225
06-16-2010, 01:16 PM
He's been around long enough that he knows that's how you have to do things. You don't make a big deal out of things until they're over because it avoids distractions. He won't downplay winning his 5th title on Thursday night.

Tragedy
06-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Sometimes I wish Kobe would stop trying to be someone he's not and be the real cocky, arrogant person that he is and just flat out say

Im tired and annoyed with these players "saying the right thing"
LOL. Yeah, Kobe is trying so hard to be politically correct. You know what is on his mind is not the BS that he's spewing right now.

But, in a world where everyone scrutinizes the hell out of his words, he might as well just say the "right" thing to keep everyone happy and calm.

Da Knicks
06-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Lmao those are all pretty good! btw im not from new york...

nycsports2
06-16-2010, 02:23 PM
this guys hater

PrettyBoyJ

Exactly.. I wonder what ppl say if he wins on thurs..ppl jus dont like the guy and Idk why you gotta recognize talent

shep33
Kobe can't win either way with a lot of people, I know there are a lot of Kobe haters on here, but what's he suppose to say? The media turns minor stuff into big issues, and I think its great that Kobe isn't giving them anything to chew on.

He doesn't care about the media, nor should he, he's got a game 7 to worry about. How can any of us be judgemental about his demeanor when he's clearly been the best player in the playoffs, and Finals. Who cares what he does, like him or hate him the guy just gets the job done, and people look to far at the most ridiculous aspects of his character.

Honestly how does what Kobe says to the media affect any of us? If you hate the guy then fine hate him, but I find it pretty difficult to continually draw criticism and hate on a guy that has 4 rings, maybe 5 to come on Thursday (tough game though).

I think in that respect Kobe compares like Jordan, I'm not comparing their careers, but when MJ was playing you either loved him or hated him, and he got the blame when they lost a lot of the time, I think Kobe gets the same type of stereotypes that MJ got either when his team is losing or winning.

RaiderLakersA's
06-16-2010, 02:24 PM
... he downplayed his rivalry with LeBron...

What rivalry???? :eyebrow:

Dieselpi
06-16-2010, 02:27 PM
why does he downplay things? because he is smart
no need to give the media fodder, just shut up and play the game.

kblo247
06-16-2010, 02:37 PM
If Jordan is Goku, and Kobe is Vageta. Does that make Lebron Gohan? All the potential in the world and must live up to the expectations.

Yeah because that lazy bum would rather try to focus on other things besides training and improving. For Gohan it was being a scholar, and for Lebron it is being a billionaire.

They both could have easily been on another level than anyone you will ever see. It is a shame that Gohan settled after the Cell Games and that Lebron settled after those Finals. If James wanted to he could have improved his mid range game, post up game, moving without the ball, free throws, and one on one D. Instead like Gohan he practices the same damn moves to perfection (dunk, 3, driving, help defense, rebounding)

So much wasted potential atm as he can be the GOAT with attention to what he didn't do well coming in and doesn't do well still now. Good catch btw.

SNYmets86
06-16-2010, 02:44 PM
kobe can say wateva he feels like he is the best player in the NBA period

Dieselpi
06-16-2010, 02:47 PM
are you guys really equating dragonballz to the nba?:facepalm:

kblo247
06-16-2010, 02:48 PM

Greatest sport and greatest anime so yeah

Tony_Starks
06-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Its great to see in these days of great economic perril and soaring unemployment rates that Kobe continues to keep the haters working hard!

Avenged
06-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Yeah because that lazy bum would rather try to focus on other things besides training and improving. For Gohan it was being a scholar, and for Lebron it is being a billionaire.

They both could have easily been on another level than anyone you will ever see. It is a shame that Gohan settled after the Cell Games and that Lebron settled after those Finals. If James wanted to he could have improved his mid range game, post up game, moving without the ball, free throws, and one on one D. Instead like Gohan he practices the same damn moves to perfection (dunk, 3, driving, help defense, rebounding)

So much wasted potential atm as he can be the GOAT with attention to what he didn't do well coming in and doesn't do well still now. Good catch btw.

:laugh2: Can't believe you guys found a way to bring Dragon Ball Z into basketball.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-16-2010, 02:56 PM
How did i know it wold be a buthurt celtic fan crying, o weel keep the tears flowing because itll start gushing out faster once gasol and odom are carrying kobe on their shoulders holding that nba title on thursday night

I.C.U.R.N.V.S.
06-16-2010, 02:57 PM
KOBE is the best in the game right now (Period) Better that LeBron James YES.....

kblo247
06-16-2010, 02:57 PM
:laugh2: Can't believe you guys found a way to bring Dragon Ball Z into basketball.

I channeled my inner Phil Jackson ;)

Pau for Geico
06-16-2010, 02:58 PM
C's are praising Game 7 because they just got they arse's kicked so of course they are praising a new game.

Kobe talks the way he does because HE IS NOT SATISFIED with a Game 6 win to tie the series. Of course he is happy he is able to play another day, but Kobe is never fully satisfied until that trophy is in his hands.

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 03:01 PM
You guys have to understand, it's not in Kobe Bryant's personality to be throwing out guarantees and whatnot. He's not a clown like Rasheed Wallace, who keeps guaranteeing crap. He won't jump around like a circus clown on the bench like guys like LeBron or a freakin Robin Lopez.

If you guys recall, when Kobe won the 'chip last yr, and he was with the TNT crew after the Lakers' champagne bath, Chuck told Kobe "now is your time to guarantee a repeat". And Kobe said that he knows Pat Riley and Shaq have done it in the past, but he won't do it because he has respect for his opponents and he knows how tough it was to get out of the West. And ironically, Kobe didn't have to guarantee a Repeat, but that's exactly what's gonna happen tomorrow night.

Yeah haters, what you gotta say now?!??!?

ItsTheLastAce
06-16-2010, 03:02 PM

very carefully

The Final Boss
06-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Kobe Bryant sticks by The Assassin's Creed.

Chill_Will_24
06-16-2010, 04:44 PM
I highly doubt either Lebron or Kobe have ever admitted to a rilvary. Thats just an overblown thing that the media is advertising to make the NBA more exciting. Kobe is a competitor so of course he would be ticked if ppl say Lebron is better. However saying he and Bron are rivals is silly. Also by the same token i hate your boy Paul "Drama Queen" Pierce. b*****ng after every touch foul non call. Throwing up gang signs one day and dramatically getting up from a wheel chair another day. With his WNBA ball fake, lean in my shoulder like a 16y girl, then draw a touch foul and throw up a shot. Its a legitimate move but its gay as hell. They guy only wishes he could be called half the warrior and player Kobe is. And by the way im a Nets fan and im by no means a Laker fan so im being unbiased here.

JiffyMix88
06-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Seems to me that fans of all teams have been replying in the thread. And I don't think I've seen more than two posts supporting the OP's argument.

Quite a ridiculous thread actually. Just to flip the question: Why do fans and media have to overdo every little comment like this?

It's creating drama where there is no drama...

8 or 9 post on the front page were laker/kobe fans i just thought it was funny i didnt feel i overdid anything

JnasD
06-16-2010, 11:06 PM
I personally don't mind Kobe downplaying everything. That is the right thing to do. He is a person that stays out of trouble and is always calm and cool about things no matter what type of situation it is. As a Yankee Fan he reminds me of Derek Jeter and A-Rod. Whenever they are interviewed they usually downplay things.

sargon21
06-16-2010, 11:13 PM
kobe is great at what he does, and i love his mindset and his mind games with the media

sargon21
06-16-2010, 11:15 PM
------ if anyone saw "Get Him to the Greek" (awesome movie), you'll get this joke:

"Kobe is mind-****in the **** outta the Celtics" hahaha

kblo247
06-16-2010, 11:24 PM
For this reason:

link (http://my.nba.com/cms/nba_player_blogs/luke_waltons_blog/147971/no_retreat,_no_surrender)

After Game 5, the media, even my friends were like, 'Kobe must be mad at you guys. What did he say? Did he yell? Did he even talk to you?'

Kobe was the complete opposite. On the plane ride to L.A., he told us, "Fellas, we have two home games left. Let's win them and we win the title. Simple as that. Focus on Tuesday, then Thursday."

Then later he was joking around with us.

When the best player in the world is confident and relaxed, then you follow suit.Leaders set the tone and Kobe put us at ease.

Luke Walton answered the question for everyone

Raps18-19 Champ
06-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Leave the man alone.

He's just trying to live his life.

jojoe1188
06-16-2010, 11:59 PM
he also downplayed that whole rape thing but who's counting:rolleyes:

KB24PG16
06-17-2010, 12:09 AM
what do you want him to say?

LegendX
06-17-2010, 12:22 AM
I would much rather someone walk the walk before they talk the talk.

3RDASYSTEM
06-17-2010, 12:37 AM
Just finished up 14th complete season
4x champ
7th NBA Final
League MVP
2X Scoring champ
Lots of playoff wars including classics with the KINGS(way more hyped up games,almost basically Final type atmosphere,especially in Sac-town)

He's been in basically every playoff situation from 39pt blowouts to pulling victories out in Finals against PACERS/NETS so wats the big deal to this dude? its not a biggie,trust that

Lakersho
06-17-2010, 01:04 AM
...he's a real pro and doesn't make dumb arse predictions , he's been in this kinda situation so many times he doesn't get all giddy and act like a clown, unlike the interviews we have been forced to choke down from other so called pro's ,with stupid pred. and bench players who have one good game in thier life and sit up there for 10 min. talking like 14 yr. old girls who just got felt up for the first time. and then you make this thread calling out a real pro...priceless and other haters will side with you, thats the funny part... he's just that good , nuff said...

Kobes a Killer
06-17-2010, 01:16 AM
...he's a real pro and doesn't make dumb arse predictions , he's been in this kinda situation so many times he doesn't get all giddy and act like a clown, unlike the interviews we have been forced to choke down from other so called pro's ,with stupid pred. and bench players who have one good game in thier life and sit up there for 10 min. talking like 14 yr. old girls who just got felt up for the first time. and then you make this thread calling out a real pro...priceless and other haters will side with you, thats the funny part... he's just that good , nuff said.

Can't quote on my iPhone but...^ this

central2003
06-17-2010, 01:25 AM
I hope this is the last damn title he wins .. and no more for him.. i am sick of the same damn teams winning titles... in a couple years young teams like Magic, thunder, Blazers, Kings, Heat, Bucks, and def the Bulls will be competing for a championship and Kobe will be like Jordan when he played for the wizards and get balled .. so lakers enjoy while it last.

Sox Appeal
06-17-2010, 03:10 PM

:laugh:

I didn't know people were still aloud to bring that up?

ko8e24
06-17-2010, 03:18 PM
I hope this is the last damn title he wins .. and no more for him.. i am sick of the same damn teams winning titles... in a couple years young teams like Magic, thunder, Blazers, Kings, Heat, Bucks, and def the Bulls will be competing for a championship and Kobe will be like Jordan when he played for the wizards and get balled .. so lakers enjoy while it last.

Kings???:confused:

Dude, just cuz they got Sammy Dalembert doesn't mean their on the right track of becoming contenders.

Plz, its takes hard work, dedication, and a good coach, a superstar player, an all star, and vets to win a title. From that standpoint, Kings and Bucks aren't even close, and Bulls would need LeBron to win a title.

But I agree with you on Magic, Thunder (just add a vet and a big guy), Blazers and Heat (Wade will get an all-star/borderline superstar in Amare or Bosh to join him this summer). They'll be fighting for championships in yrs to come.

And so will the Lakers for the next 3-4 yrs.

younggunn113
06-17-2010, 03:40 PM

Always comes back to this, either you're not intelligent enough to formulate a real argument here or you just aren't that educated about the NBA. It shows how weak and feeble minded you are bringing that up. You're right he did an unbelievable job downplaying, he played well amid all of the testimony. It's easy to do that, I mean just like the Patriots did a great job downplaying Spygate and all of their Superbowls, like they say if you're not cheating, you're not trying.

CowboysKB24
06-17-2010, 03:41 PM
After Game 6:

Stop with your hate threads on Kobe. He isn't letting the pressure get to him. It is a way of dealing with it. You don't think he knows how big of a game it is? What do you want from him?

MaHaRaJaH
06-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Maybe because his entire career, people have been so critical of his words, his way of saying things, his facial expressions, etc. etc. He doesn't want to give anything away emotion-wise because he's been the most polarizing figure in sports in the last decade and a half and people like to make wrong meanings out of the stuff he says, does, and his facial expressions.

+1
Lord knows the world will chew him out for a wrong smirk

Kakaroach
06-17-2010, 03:58 PM
This thread has run its course. Now its nothing but baiting/insulting.