PDA

View Full Version : GAME 6 Secret. Phil Jackson had LA meditate before the game, and visualize win.

lakerboy
06-16-2010, 01:45 AM
As they have done in the past, the Lakers held a lengthy meditation session Tuesday morning to help visualize how well they would play in Game 6. It’s a Phil Jackson thing.
But the Lakers couldn’t possibly have foreseen how well they would play against the Celtics in Tuesday’s elimination game. They dominated Boston, 89-67, to force a Game 7 on Thursday at Staples Center.
“(The meditation) worked for sure,” Andrew Bynum said. “What you do is visualize yourself winning the game and doing what you have to do. You see yourself in the future and once you visually see yourself do it, it makes it easier; you can see yourself doing well.”
Not even Jackson could have predicted his bench would have stepped up the way it did in the one-sided game. The reserves contributed 25 points and every player saw action. Sasha Vujacic scored nine points and Lamar Odom had eight points and 10 rebounds.
Shannon Brown and Jordan Farmar each chipped in four points.
“I think we were, as a unit, unbeatable tonight,” Vujacic said. “We played well together no matter who was on the floor. We knew we couldn’t lose tonight and we were not going to give up.
“I think the entire team played great. You always have to find six players who play great, but tonight the team won the game. We started really good on defense and went off on offense and when we play llike that, there’s not a team on the entire planet that can beat us.”
“To me, meditation is a form of prayer,” Odom said. “You understand the power of prayer and the power of playing together.”

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2010/06/15/lakers-have-plenty-to-ponder-after-game-6/38463/

cmellofan15
06-16-2010, 01:48 AM
and this belongs in the nba forum...

Iron24th
06-16-2010, 01:49 AM
The Zen Master is the Man!

hugepatsfan
06-16-2010, 01:57 AM
I could never play for a guy like Phil. I can't get motivated by his stuff. He's a great coach and all, but not my style.

(And when this gets moved to the Lakers forum it's going to look like I'm baiting lol.)

robdizzle3
06-16-2010, 02:01 AM
Phil knows what he's doing and the players liked it. it belongs in the NBA forum, because its basketball. Just because a certain team is the subject, doesnt mean anything, because I see a ton of threads that have to do with a certain team.

kblo247
06-16-2010, 02:18 AM
I've had a coach who literally imitated Phil back in middle school and made us all read Sacred Hoops. It takes an adjustment to be open minded, but at the end of the day the techniques come in handy to help you focus when adrenaline is pumping and you need a clear head.

ARMIN12NBA
06-16-2010, 02:22 AM
I've had a coach who literally imitated Phil back in middle school and made us all read Sacred Hoops. It takes an adjustment to be open minded, but at the end of the day the techniques come in handy to help you focus when adrenaline is pumping and you need a clear head.

Sacred Hoops is a brilliant book. I have read it twice. It applies to all facets of life and not just basketball.

lamar2006
06-16-2010, 02:30 AM
I could never play for a guy like Phil. I can't get motivated by his stuff. He's a great coach and all, but not my style.

(And when this gets moved to the Lakers forum it's going to look like I'm baiting lol.)

dont worry you would never play for Phil or any other NBA coach. no hard feelings but I am sure you dont have IT.

clutchski
06-16-2010, 02:30 AM
nice.. I'm having a zen session right now too.

kblo247
06-16-2010, 02:31 AM
Sacred Hoops is a brilliant book. I have read it twice. It applies to all facets of life and not just basketball.

I appreciated it more when I made it to high school and re-read it.

Tony_Starks
06-16-2010, 02:59 PM
I think Phil still blazes up. Him and Odom probably hot box after games!