PDA

View Full Version : Tom Izzo declines Cavaliers job

croce_99
06-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Link (http://www.freep.com/article/20100615/SPORTS07/100615045/1354/sports/Report-Izzo-announcing-hes-staying-tonight)

Michigan State basketball coach Tom Izzo will hold a news conference tonight or Wednesday, according to WDIV-TV (Channel 4), which also cited unidentified sources as saying the coach will stay at MSU instead of heading to Cleveland Cavaliers.

sean17c
06-15-2010, 05:59 PM
yupppp its over with.

lebron is moving on to chicago

NYtilIdie
06-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Ouch! Another painful move that will slowly push Lebron out of Cleveland.

KB24PG16
06-15-2010, 06:03 PM
cya lebron

yanks08
06-15-2010, 06:07 PM
NY or CHICAGO?

abe_froman
06-15-2010, 06:07 PM
its getting bad in cleveland,real bad

poleandreel
06-15-2010, 06:12 PM
From #1 in the east to the depths of despair. Hopefully byron scott becomes their new coach. lebron has said that he wants a coach who was a player in the nba so he would be perfect.

croce_99
06-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Remember folks...this is a REPORT. Not 100% confirmed. Supposed to be a press conference tonight, so hopefully it's confirmed then

JWO35
06-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Glad to see Izzo staying at Mich St.

btw your sig sucks...lol

croce_99
06-15-2010, 06:19 PM

btw your sig sucks...lol

:laugh2:
It'll be gone soon

znick21
06-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Remember folks...this is a REPORT. Not 100% confirmed. Supposed to be a press conference tonight, so hopefully it's confirmed then

yeah i'm still skeptical about it, coming from a michigan paper. it's just like the cavs one saying he aleady accepted the job a couple days ago. we'll see.

netsgiantsyanks
06-15-2010, 06:29 PM
NY or CHICAGO?

neither :rolleyes:

Kakaroach
06-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Yeah too bad I think he could have done well with the Cavs but no one wants to take the chance with LeBron potentially leaving in a month. I'm guessing they'll go after Byron Scott now.

cmellofan15
06-15-2010, 06:34 PM
I need to give a big "told ya so" to my brother who thought he was guaranteed to be their coach

ko8e24
06-15-2010, 06:44 PM
There's gonna be a press conference because Tom Izzo is....NOT going to be the Cavs Head Coach????

:facepalm:

Press Conferences are there for new signings, new acquisitions, and new hirings, or when a figure is gonna leave his previous coaching position for a new one. Ridiculous! :pity:

Da Knicks
06-15-2010, 06:44 PM
:d

kozelkid
06-15-2010, 06:46 PM

Me too. :)
Not even cause of the Lebron sweepstakes though. But because he has a really good chance of becoming one of the best college coaches ever at the pace he's been winning and the number of times he has reached the final four. It's also nice to see a coach who doesn't need to cheat *cough* Calipari *cough* his way to get good recruits and still put up winning teams.

Yeah too bad I think he could have done well with the Cavs but no one wants to take the chance with LeBron potentially leaving in a month. I'm guessing they'll go after Byron Scott now.

I think Scott's number one decision is going to be LA, especially if LA loses and Phil retires/Buss doesn't want to pay him so much anymore.

kozelkid
06-15-2010, 06:48 PM
There's gonna be a press conference because Tom Izzo is....NOT going to be the Cavs Head Coach????

Press Conferences are there for new signings, new acquisitions, and new hirings, or when a figure is gonna leave his previous coaching position for a new one. Ridiculous! :pity:

Haha :laugh2:
I assume it's to tell MSU though seeing as they were worried and everyone loves him there... :shrug:

mkool65
06-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Kind of what I figured. It has been confirmed by many sources, without a gaurantee Lebron will be there he is too smart to jeopardize the awesome thing he has going at MSU for something that was not gauranteed. Good news for sure.

ko8e24
06-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Haha :laugh2:
I assume it's to tell MSU though seeing as they were worried and everyone loves him there... :shrug:

I wouldn't be surprised that those 2 geniuses Dan Gilbert and Chris Grant hold a press conference tomorrow on ESPN and take up air time to announce that they COULD NOT get Tom Izzo. :facepalm:

RipVW
06-15-2010, 06:52 PM

I agree. Whats wrong with a press release? I gotta say, Izzo has come out of this looking like a little bit of a diva.

fadedmario
06-15-2010, 06:52 PM
I hope lebron goes to the Clippers.

Burkey3472
06-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Smart move if true. To much of a risk to take the job without knowing if Lebron was going to be there.

fadedmario
06-15-2010, 06:54 PM
I agree. Whats wrong with a press release? I gotta say, Izzo has come out of this looking like a little bit of a diva.

Why? Because he doesn't want to go to a team that without Lebron, would be the worst team in the league?

RipVW
06-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Kind of what I figured. It has been confirmed by many sources, without a gaurantee Lebron will be there he is too smart to jeopardize the awesome thing he has going at MSU for something that was not gauranteed. Good news for sure.

As awesome as he may have it at Michigan State, this whole process doesnt start unless something is bothering him about his current situation. He also talked to the Bulls. So there was something drawing him to the NBA that he doesnt have or like in college or at MSU.

RipVW
06-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Why? Because he doesn't want to go to a team that without Lebron, would be the worst team in the league?

Because he was being offered 6 million dollars to coach and wasnt going to take the job unless it was a roster that a 2 million dollar coach could win with...and then he stretched out the whole process and demanded to get access to a guy who is going to be a free agent. Take the 6 million or get off the pot.

croce_99
06-15-2010, 07:04 PM

This is huge news for Michigan State University. Press conference will be for that university, not for the NBA Cavs.

JWO35
06-15-2010, 07:12 PM
I thinks this is bad news if your a Cavs fan, the day the Cavs were eliminated from the playoffs I thought he would be on the first flight out of Cleveland....I think he will eventually sign with the New Jersey/Brooklyn Nets. But, If LeBron really wants a championship he would sign with the Bulls with no hesitation. The only negative about LeBron being a Bull is he will most likely be in Jordan's shadow regardless of what he does there(That's the reason I see him not signing with the Bulls).

fadedmario
06-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Because he was being offered 6 million dollars to coach and wasnt going to take the job unless it was a roster that a 2 million dollar coach could win with...and then he stretched out the whole process and demanded to get access to a guy who is going to be a free agent. Take the 6 million or get off the pot.

Obviously a 2 million a year coach can't win with them because they got spanked in the playoffs. Izzo can do whatever he wants.

abe_froman
06-15-2010, 07:27 PM
I thinks this is bad news if your a Cavs fan, the day the Cavs were eliminated from the playoffs I thought he would be on the first flight out of Cleveland....I think he will eventually sign with the New Jersey/Brooklyn Nets. But, If LeBron really wants a championship he would sign with the Bulls with no hesitation. The only negative about LeBron being a Bull is he will most likely be in Jordan's shadow regardless of what he does there(That's the reason I see him not signing with the Bulls).

all fanbase's uses that as the argument as to why not,but i think its actually part of the argument why he'd go to the bulls.yes he has a huge ego,but if you have a huge ego than you think you can be better than mj and beat mj in his own house

small egos are the one that shy away from such things,larger ones make you think you can do whatever you want and you cant fail

Raoul Duke
06-15-2010, 07:29 PM
As awesome as he may have it at Michigan State, this whole process doesnt start unless something is bothering him about his current situation. He also talked to the Bulls. So there was something drawing him to the NBA that he doesnt have or like in college or at MSU.

He's told people that it's emotionally draining to spend his off-season in a recruiting frenzy. I think he hates the fact that despite how well he's done, he still has to try harder than other top coaches to sell his program to top recruits. That's the only thing he doesn't like about his current situation.

They offered to double his salary and benefits to coach an NBA team with an MSU grad as owner and a recent history of aggressively trying to improve. This could be the best offer he ever gets. Looking into it is just doing his due diligence.

ElMarroAfamado
06-15-2010, 07:29 PM
haha at those people thinking IZZO a college coach is going to have any impact whatsoever on whether james stays or leaves

Kakaroach
06-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Sportscenter is now reporting it. Croce > ESPN.

Cavs look where after this? Mike Woodson? Byron Scott?

fadedmario
06-15-2010, 07:31 PM
He's told people that it's emotionally draining to spend his off-season in a recruiting frenzy. I think he hates the fact that despite how well he's done, he still has to try harder than other top coaches to sell his program to top recruits. That's the only thing he doesn't like about his current situation.

They offered to double his salary and benefits to coach an NBA team with an MSU grad as owner and a recent history of aggressively trying to improve. This could be the best offer he ever gets. Looking into it is just doing his due diligence.

Best and most accurate post in this thread

unwantedplayer
06-15-2010, 07:33 PM
yupppp its over with.

lebron is moving on to chicago

td0tsfinest
06-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Thank God. Izzo has done such a great job with MSU but I don't think he could translate that to the nba. He should definitely stay in college.

abe_froman
06-15-2010, 07:39 PM

scott:but he wont take it until he knows how the lakers shake out,and has a comfy job at espn..sounds like he's scared of lebron leaving so i dount he take it for those reasons

woodson:would,but does help keep lebron

and i've heard kelvin sampson's name pop up: push's lebron way for sure but good since they'd be in rebuild mode

Kyben36
06-15-2010, 07:41 PM
this seems very interesting to me. the hole thing I seemed to get from the situation was, he would only sign there if lebron was staying. he wanted to speek with lebron before he accepted, and now that he is declining, it makes me feel like lebron is out.

Now, this is just my gut fealing, I am no way saying this is fact. he very well may stay, but it just seems odd to me that Izzo would decline after all of this drama they have gone throught.

mkool65
06-15-2010, 07:45 PM

I disagree. I think he would have been crazy to have not looked at this job, it is potentially the best situation any college coach could ask for going to the pros. He could have had the best player for 5 years or more had it worked out that Lebron stayed. He does not have to be unhappy somewhere to take a look at a new situation. And he never even considered the bulls, talked to them sure but never legitimately looked at going there.

Quote from Izzo from tonight: "I’m pleased to say I am here for life at Michigan State"

beasted86
06-15-2010, 07:51 PM

Why would the Cavs look at re-signing Mike Woodson when they just fired him? :crazy:

RipVW
06-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Obviously a 2 million a year coach can't win with them because they got spanked in the playoffs. Izzo can do whatever he wants.

And Izzo is completely unproven at the pro level. Mike Browns teams have at least won 60+ games twice. Izzo is a mystery. The NBA is a lot different than college.

BTW, does anyone find it slightly ironic that he doesnt like recruiting but a big sticking point in taking an NBA job was not having the ability to get on the phone to recruit LeBron?

fadedmario
06-15-2010, 07:58 PM
And Izzo is completely unproven at the pro level. Mike Browns teams have at least won 60+ games twice. Izzo is a mystery. The NBA is a lot different than college.

BTW, does anyone find it slightly ironic that he doesnt like recruiting but a big sticking point in taking an NBA job was not having the ability to get on the phone to recruit LeBron?

:facepalm:, Why are you hating on a guy that is nothing but class.

BigBlueCrew
06-15-2010, 07:59 PM
aww shucks. Thats too bad

"Please stay Lebron. We really need you.....

Hehe I love that song

gbpackers12
06-15-2010, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't take the job either unless there was 100% guarentee that i'd have Lebron James on my roster for a long time.

D Roses Bulls
06-15-2010, 08:01 PM

its confirmed by ESPN, if this isnt posted already, haven't went through all the threads yet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5290541

EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Tom Izzo is staying at Michigan State, turning down a chance to coach the Cleveland Cavaliers and perhaps LeBron James.

In a statement released by the school on Tuesday, Izzo said, "I'm pleased to say I am here for life at Michigan State."

For the past nine days, Izzo had been trying to decide whether to leave the place that has been his home since 1983 and jump to the NBA to perhaps make $6 million -- doubling his salary -- and possibly coach one of the best basketball players in the world.

"Throughout the entire process, Dan Gilbert and the entire Cleveland organization has been nothing but class. His professionalism and caring nature for me, my family and Michigan State have been impressive. I wish him nothing but the best in his quest to win a world championship," Izzo said in a statement released by the school. "Just as I decided to stay home, I hope a 6-8, 270-pound forward in Cleveland decides to stay home."

The Spartans have scheduled an 8:30 p.m. ET news conference with Izzo, school president Lou Anna Simon and athletic director Mark Hollis.

"I'd like to thank the students, alumni and fans of Michigan State University for their concerns and thoughts," Hollis said in a statement released by the school. "This has been an anxious process for everyone and their support and patience was much appreciated by everyone.

"Coach Izzo is more than a basketball coach. He positively impacts everything he touches, much of which is outside the job description of coaching basketball. With traits such as hard work, dedication, perseverance and attention to detail, he's a symbol of what we should possess as we work together for the financial recovery of our great state. During difficult times, the people of our state turn our focus to these kinds of people ... Joe Louis, Al Kaline, Barry Sanders, Bo Schembechler, Steve Yzerman, Magic Johnson and Tom Izzo. Coach Izzo is a natural resource of the state of Michigan."

This past season, Izzo led the Spartans to the Final Four for the sixth time in 12 years. Only the late John Wooden at UCLA and Duke's Mike Krzyzewski have also done that.

"It's a great day, knowing he's coming back," said Mateen Cleaves, perhaps Izzo's favorite player and one of the stars from his 2000 national championship team. "It put the biggest smile on my face to know he's coming back."

Izzo's snub has further tangled a tricky summer for the Cavaliers, who are weeks away from knowing if James will be back with them.

Since losing to Boston in the second round of the playoffs, owner Dan Gilbert fired Mike Brown, the most successful coach in team history; general manager Danny Ferry left after deciding not to renew his contract following five banner years; and now Izzo, a friend of Gilbert's, doesn't want to be in the Cavs' future.

James' decision hangs over all of it. Without knowing if he'll return, the Cavs' pursuit of a coach has been nearly impossible. They can't promise candidates that No. 23 -- soon to be No. 6 -- will be around to make another run at a title.

The Cavs were adamant that James would not be consulted during their coaching search. Even if a coach had talked to the two-time MVP, he wasn't going to reveal his plans before hitting the free-agent market with an All-Star class that includes fellow Olympians Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

Cleveland's next option appears to be Byron Scott, who spent an hour on the phone last week with Cavs GM Chris Grant and assistant Lance Blanks. Scott may not be a slam-dunk backup plan for the Cavs because the former New Jersey and New Orleans coach would be interested in the Los Angeles job if Phil Jackson retires.

Scott won three titles playing for the Lakers and has dreamed of coaching in L.A. He had an "out clause" built into his contract with the Nets so he could pursue the Lakers' job if it ever opened. He also loves the West Coast after being fired by the Hornets and might seriously listen to the Clippers if they're interested in him.

The Cavs also have contacted Milwaukee assistant Kelvin Sampson and former Atlanta coach and Cavs assistant Mike Woodson. The team could bring one of both of them in for interviews, but may wait until after they have a better sense of James' next off-the-floor move.

Gilbert knew finding Brown's replacement would be difficult. He said it would be ideal to have a coach in place by July 1, but that may be unrealistic. The draft is next week, and although the Cavs don't currently have a pick, they've been shopping around to obtain one.

They've also talked to several teams about possible trades, hoping to upgrade their roster and make it more appealing to James.

Brown was fired after five seasons for failing to win a championship. His successor will be hard pressed to match Brown's success over a five-year span, when the Cavs went to the finals, won two division titles and had the league's best regular-season record the past two seasons.

D Roses Bulls
06-15-2010, 08:02 PM

loving your sig:clap:

SNYmets86
06-15-2010, 08:03 PM
if izzo really indeed declined he must of heard something ..... it might of been lebron is not yet sure he will stay a cav .... man izzo is a great coach ..

Nighthawk
06-15-2010, 08:08 PM
This only means Lebron is gone. Im sure Izzo and Lebron's people have spoken. Izzo is not leaving the D to go to a Lebron-less Cleveland squad that would go no where in the weak East. I dont care what coach Cleveland thinks they can go buy. Lebron will either be in Chicago with Rose, Noah and Thibs or go to Miamia with Wade, Riley and possibly another free agent. Heat or Bulls imo.

D Roses Bulls
06-15-2010, 08:10 PM
don't jump on the lebron is gone jut yet. im hoping he comes to chicago, but i owuld not be surprised if he stays in cleveland because ohio is all he has ever known.

td0tsfinest
06-15-2010, 08:17 PM

Isn't it obvious what they're going to do at the press conference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bme-BAnCbXk&feature=related#t=0m53s) ?

(I tried to find the actual video but its been pulled off the internet)

Kyben36
06-15-2010, 08:19 PM
This only means Lebron is gone. Im sure Izzo and Lebron's people have spoken. Izzo is not leaving the D to go to a Lebron-less Cleveland squad that would go no where in the weak East. I dont care what coach Cleveland thinks they can go buy. Lebron will either be in Chicago with Rose, Noah and Thibs or go to Miamia with Wade, Riley and possibly another free agent. Heat or Bulls imo.

I have a gut fealing that Lebron and Wade cant be on the same team. both are #1 MVP type players in the league, and I just cant imagine one of them taking less of a role, especaily lebron who would be on Wades turf. wade would still IMO be king of MIami. and lebron would not like that.

harm0n1x
06-15-2010, 08:26 PM
he did decline.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5290541

D Roses Bulls
06-15-2010, 08:26 PM
I have a gut fealing that Lebron and Wade cant be on the same team. both are #1 MVP type players in the league, and I just cant imagine one of them taking less of a role, especaily lebron who would be on Wades turf. wade would still IMO be king of MIami. and lebron would not like that.

i think lebron goes to miami before he does new york. i get what your saying, but i also think lebron is tired of hearing he hasnt won anything. so i wouldnt be surprised if he joins wade

lavilevi23
06-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Welcome to Miami Mr. James!

Raoul Duke
06-15-2010, 08:55 PM
if izzo really indeed declined he must of heard something ..... it might of been lebron is not yet sure he will stay a cav .... man izzo is a great coach ..

I think it's more what he didn't hear. All reports are that Izzo wasn't looking for assurances that Lebron would stay. He was just looking for someone still inside the organization with a relationship to Lebron so that he could get some idea of what he was thinking, or an indication that he at least hadn't already decided to leave. Evidently, he couldn't even find that.

D Roses Bulls
06-15-2010, 08:57 PM

now if a bulls fan said that, they would be jumped on.

JWO35
06-15-2010, 09:04 PM
now if a bulls fan said that, they would be jumped on.

lol This Bull fan thinks LeBron is going to the Bulls, lets all point and laugh :D

The only reason people look down on Bulls fans is mainly because you guys ask the most ridiculous questions, like that one guy asking if LeBron and Bosh joins the Bulls would they be in the middle of the pack? And they also think D-Rose is the 2nd coming...

central2003
06-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Its all about security my friends.. job security .. he is safe at Mich state . where in NBA they blame the coach and he becomes the scape goat for the franchises failure .

prodigy
06-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Why do people have to bash Cleveland? Even if Lebron leaves, is there a reason why people need to throw salt on the wounds?

If you think he's going to Chicago or NY great. Good for you. No need to be ignorant about it.

If the Cavs can get Scott or another coach with success then thats great. I love Izzo, But he would most likely fail like the others who came from college and failed.

Shonuff
06-15-2010, 11:14 PM

You clearly didn't watch the presser. First of all, it was for local media. It has been crazy around these parts and they all were going to be harassing him unless he had a presser. Secondly, he said he didn't even start discussing the process with the family until four days into this whole thing. He said his daughter had finals and didn't want to distract her. It's not as easy as you make it sound because this was a LIFE decision. Leaving the place he has been his entire life. Coach Izzo IS MSU. This isn't just something where you would say, "oh, 6 mil, see you guys later, it's been fun". Seriously don't be naive.

Shonuff
06-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Why would the Cavs look at re-signing Mike Woodson when they just fired him? :crazy:

You're joking right? :facepalm:

HOZ THE KNICK
06-15-2010, 11:27 PM
he going to the apple

oak2455
06-15-2010, 11:38 PM
he going to the apple

Agreed, LBJ coming to the Knicks:clap::clap::clap:

DengelBerry
06-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Great new for us Spartys

fin_frenzy_84
06-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Well this mean LBJ to the Bulls or Knicks.

fin_frenzy_84
06-16-2010, 12:21 AM
Lebron will not be going to Miami... im 100 percent sure on that.

Fireworld
06-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Report: He won't go to the Cave's.

kblo247
06-16-2010, 01:47 AM
Off Topic:
Detroit should be kicking Dumars in the ***. He doesn't waste that cap space on Gordon and Charlie, and he possibly would have had Lebron.

On topic:
I have this sinking feeling that it will be Brian Shaw taking the job

AllTimeBest
06-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Very happy about this move. I personally really want Lebron to stay in Cleveland, but I wanted Izzo to stay at Mich. St even more. He is too valuable to college basketball.

RipVW
06-16-2010, 11:58 AM
You clearly didn't watch the presser. First of all, it was for local media. It has been crazy around these parts and they all were going to be harassing him unless he had a presser. Secondly, he said he didn't even start discussing the process with the family until four days into this whole thing. He said his daughter had finals and didn't want to distract her. It's not as easy as you make it sound because this was a LIFE decision. Leaving the place he has been his entire life. Coach Izzo IS MSU. This isn't just something where you would say, "oh, 6 mil, see you guys later, it's been fun". Seriously don't be naive.

Meh. I like how now its being spinned as he couldnt leave East Lansing, when in reality, its not like the Cavs were the only team he was talking to.

Also, there is such a thing as a press release.

sep11ie
06-16-2010, 12:06 PM

Your new name is SuperFail Jimmy Snuka.

sep11ie
06-16-2010, 12:08 PM

Maybe Mike James

DaBUU
06-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Whats with you Knicks fans really thinking hes going to NY? He said he wants to win a championship.

mia305king
06-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Maybe Mike James

:drool:

tjlipford
06-16-2010, 12:58 PM
How is this bad for Cleveland? We dont need an inexperienced college coach in here. We need somebody who has been in the NBA for some time.

Im glad he didnt take the job. He is a great college coach and he needs to stay there.

nycericanguy
06-16-2010, 01:14 PM
How is this bad for Cleveland? We dont need an inexperienced college coach in here. We need somebody who has been in the NBA for some time.

Im glad he didnt take the job. He is a great college coach and he needs to stay there.

you missed the point entirely, he didnt take the job because from people he spoke to he didnt think James would be back... and that CLE job without Lebron wouldnt be fun...

BALLER71
06-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Miami or CHICAGO?

Fixed

RipVW
06-16-2010, 01:33 PM
you missed the point entirely, he didnt take the job because from people he spoke to he didnt think James would be back... and that CLE job without Lebron wouldnt be fun...

I realize that this is the popular line of thinking and its certainly a possibility. But its also important to consider that LeBron isnt going to be strong-armed into tipping his hand. That doesnt necessarily rule out Cleveland. It just means that he's kind of like, "you do what you gotta do, and Im doing what I gotta do."

It could also simply mean that he wasnt in favor of Izzo exactly and maybe another coach will prompt positive feedback from LeBron.

It could mean that he's gone but its not a certainty.

nycericanguy
06-16-2010, 01:40 PM
I realize that this is the popular line of thinking and its certainly a possibility. But its also important to consider that LeBron isnt going to be strong-armed into tipping his hand. That doesnt necessarily rule out Cleveland. It just means that he's kind of like, "you do what you gotta do, and Im doing what I gotta do."

It could also simply mean that he wasnt in favor of Izzo exactly and maybe another coach will prompt positive feedback from LeBron.

It could mean that he's gone but its not a certainty.

of course it doesnt entirely rule out CLE, that wasnt what I suggested. But these guys all have connections, obviously before he took the job he asked around, tried to gauge Lebron's interest & intentions.

It means IZZO didnt feel confident that Lebron would return, if he did there is zero doubt in my mind he would be the CAV's coach right now. Put it like this, if Izzo had accepted the job, I think CAVS fans would have good reason to believe Lebron would be back.

So does it rule out CLE? NO, but clearly its an indication that people within basketball do not think Lebron will be back.

Rivera
06-16-2010, 01:47 PM

A Post of Fail Proportions

lmao seeing this made my day lol

:clap::clap::clap:

oak2455
06-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Whats with you Knicks fans really thinking hes going to NY? He said he wants to win a championship.

Then why the Bulls? Because MJ , Scottie and Phil are coming back:rolleyes:

DaBUU
06-16-2010, 01:54 PM
A Post of Fail Proportions

lmao seeing this made my day lol

:clap::clap::clap:

the "you're crazy" smiley he uses at the end makes the post

DaBUU
06-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Then why the Bulls? Because MJ , Scottie and Phil are coming back:rolleyes:

yes Horace Grant and Rodman will be coming off the bench too. Just saying the Bulls roster is a perfect compliment to LBJ. He could slide right in and start competing day one.

oak2455
06-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Report: He won't go to the Cave's.

Is this a new team???

oak2455
06-16-2010, 01:58 PM
yes Horace Grant and Rodman will be coming off the bench too. Just saying the Bulls roster is a perfect compliment to LBJ. He could slide right in and start competing day one.

Lol, and the Knicks can sign a second Max Fa of LBJ's choosing.....we can go in circles:)

DaBUU
06-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Lol, and the Knicks can sign a second Max Fa of LBJ's choosing.....we can go in circles:)

yes we could. thats why i think its now between NY and The Chi and thats it. Hes going to choose between two of the greatest cities in the world to play in, sorry Cleveland.

oak2455
06-16-2010, 02:07 PM
yes we could. thats why i think its now between NY and The Chi and thats it. Hes going to choose between two of the greatest cities in the world to play in, sorry Cleveland.

Agreed congrats on the Blackhawks.......btw wish they play in the old arena, classic:)

joe j.09
06-16-2010, 02:13 PM
LBJ and bosh already have one foot in the best city in the world.....NYC

down to Chicago and NY at this point 50 50

Melo15
06-16-2010, 02:20 PM

Thats crazy, why didn't you just tell us that you were in fact LeBron James? Well thanks for clearing it up man looks like we have all been wasting our time trying to figure out where you were going.

NYKalltheway
06-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Le Bron and Bosh to NY is probably the most realistic scenario in the NBA off season. I might be biased, but everyone else is, I just try to view this one objectively. They will have whatever they want there and be treated like gods, unlike Chicago were there's pressure to "beat MJ". Miami can't sign both, and James + Wade probably won't work in the NBA. Bosh alone could go there.

The Cavaliers fairytale is probably over. They will soon return to their pre-Bron status. They grew as a franchise because of LeBron and no one can deny that.

As for LeBron himself, LA Clippers is the ideal choice, but can he share a city with Kobe and be in his shadow? (Lakers>>>>Clippers) I don't see him leaving the East.
Then it's the Nets, who have a chance to rebuild their team with a #3 draft pick. But would he prefer the Nets to the Knicks? Miami is out of the question, and the Bulls is the only left option. And it's a question of his character/personality. Does he want the pressure of Michael Jordan day in-day out? Or does he want a team built around him and be called god in the Mecca? If I were him, I'd take option B without a doubt.

Melo15
06-16-2010, 03:19 PM
I don't think you can say that he wouldn't have any pressure on him in New York. The Michael Jordan pressure in Chicago is getting blown out of proportion. A guy with his ego would love to play under that pressure. I still think he stays in Cleveland but Chicago has to be a very tempting place for him.

DaBUU
06-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Agreed congrats on the Blackhawks.......btw wish they play in the old arena, classic:)

:cheers:

ko8e24
06-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Smart move for LeBron, go to the Bulls. You have perhaps the best strategic defensive coach in the NBA right now in Tom Thibodeau as the new head coach of the Chicago Bulls. To go along with play with Rose, Noah, Hinrich, Deng, Taj etc, and signing another free agent in Amare (I think Amare is gone from PHX).

PG: Rose
SG: Hinrich
SF: James
PF: Stoudemire
C: Noah

Bench

Deng
Gibson

But the Bulls have to make more moves besides LeBron and Amare with trades, small FA signings, and the draft.

nycericanguy
06-16-2010, 03:27 PM

i'm much more worried about him staying in CLE than I am about him going to CHI. I just think that whole Lebron to CHI thing is based on nothing. And he;s a horrible fit with Rose.

not to mention he's talked about wanting to pair up with another FA, CHI can't offer that unless someone really helps them out.

sep11ie
06-17-2010, 01:13 PM
This thread is thick with fail.

Klivlend
06-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Not gonna lie, wasn't too psyched about the possibility of Izzo coaching the Cavs from the beginning. It is just so rare a college coach experiences immediate success in the NBA. The Cavs need a candidate with experience if they want to increase their chances of retaining LBJ, IMO

Byron Scott? Who else is out there?

kingkenny01
06-17-2010, 01:43 PM
This senario would be crazy if it happen, mostly likely won't:
Doc Rivers leaves boston and comes to cleveland

ElMarroAfamado
06-17-2010, 01:47 PM
lebron james is not winning a title anytime soon so if i were him id just go where i could make the most money

DengelBerry
06-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Great man, Back to the IZZONE WE GO

fredv
06-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Tom Izzo decline = Lebron won't resign. No coach wants to go to a lebronless cavaliers team.

magichatnumber9
06-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Tough loss but I don't think this will completely shut Lebron from Cleveland.