PDA

View Full Version : Miami-Dade to rename county after Dwyane Wade?

JordansBulls
06-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Link (http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sedano-says/2010/06/miamidade-to-rename-county-after-dwyane-wade.html)

There are a lot of things on the mind of residents and politicians of Miami-Dade County.

Recession, Storms in the Tropics, budget for the schools, Dwayne Wade.

What?

Yup. You heard that correctly. South Florida's biggest sports star could get an honor bestowed upon him no one else ever has.

The sports fans throughout the town (and the Heat) have referred the county as Wade County, it may no longer be a marketing concoction.

The county may be renamed Miami-Wade County from July 1st through 8th.

The county commission will hear a resolution from Commissioner Joe A. Martinez that will change the name of Miami-Dade County to Miami-Wade County for that week of the free agent moratorium.

Wade may agree to terms anytime, but cannot officially be announced as a member of the Miami Heat until the moratorium is over on the 8th.

Honoring his athletic prowess is not the only reason for the presentation of the resolution, but also recognize his contribution to the community through his Wade's World Foundation.

So, as LeBron is getting the sales pitch from the Mayor of New York, Wade is getting an entire county named after him.

Who said this wasn't getting ridiculous?

Hell, I say Broward should step up and rename their county LeBroward County.

LayZbone
06-15-2010, 04:45 PM
It's already Wade County, might as well make it official. thats awesome lol

JordansBulls
06-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Wade County, LeBroward, and West Palm Bosh! :laugh2:

jackdawson
06-15-2010, 04:51 PM
**** him and his county.

Reason why bulls fans are the worst ones on PSD. I cannot believe JB and you guys support the same team. Learn something from JB.

beasted86
06-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Damn, that would be so large. There's no better marketing campaign than that.

bodupp311
06-15-2010, 05:03 PM
and rename it "he looks like a chipmunk" county

thescore53
06-15-2010, 05:12 PM
does he really deserve it

marlinsfan24
06-15-2010, 05:19 PM
does he really deserve it

He brought us a championship, so yeah.

hgtiger32
06-15-2010, 05:24 PM
at first i thought this was permanent, but u think naming a county after u for 1 week is gonna be the deciding factor in wade re-signing? lol think again...clever idea tho

D Roses Bulls
06-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Reason why bulls fans are the worst ones on PSD. I cannot believe JB and you guys support the same team. Learn something from JB.

well bulls fans have a right to be mad at wade. i mean wade did talk crap about a franchise he has NEVER played for. it's not about him not coming to chicago, just the fact he talked crap about the bulls while never playing for the bulls organization. i mean wades my favorite player, but even i was like wtfatre you doing wade?

LayZbone
06-15-2010, 05:31 PM
at first i thought this was permanent, but u think naming a county after u for 1 week is gonna be the deciding factor in wade re-signing? lol think again...clever idea tho

It doesn't need to be the deciding factor lol. there are plenty of reasons for wade to stay. Its just for the city to show their appreciation.....it can't hurt. After all....he is the greatest sports icon this town has ever seen (no disrespect to Dan Marino).

beasted86
06-15-2010, 05:38 PM
well bulls fans have a right to be mad at wade. i mean wade did talk crap about a franchise he has NEVER played for. it's not about him not coming to chicago, just the fact he talked crap about the bulls while never playing for the bulls organization. i mean wades my favorite player, but even i was like wtfatre you doing wade?

He is from Chicago himself, has an ongoing relationship to Michael Jordan and has talked with him numerous times, and he has also obviously played in the NBA, and knows the Heat organization's level of loyalty.

I really find it funny some basketball fans who may or may not even be from Chicago themselves, never spoke a word to Michael Jordan, and obviously don't play in the NBA feel they know more about the Bulls organization's loyalty and whether Wade has reason to question it.

I honestly think none of that has anything to do with anything... and many Bulls fans are more jealous than all other factors. You guys wanted Wade, and are now offended that he made remarks leading to the idea he's leery of signing with them.

BALLER71
06-15-2010, 05:39 PM
DADEEEEE COUNTY into WADEEEEE COUNTY?
Awesome.

marlinsfan24
06-15-2010, 05:43 PM

I mean I can understand that they are pissed, but so many of your fans are acting like they never wanted Wade and that he's nothing special. I can understand being pissed at him, but they take it too far.

td0tsfinest
06-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Watch new york try to one up Miami.

NYtilIdie
06-15-2010, 05:50 PM

All he did was say he doesn't think you guys are loyal and he probably got that from when he was talking to Jordan.

People on PSD don't have short term memory loss, I still remember how you guys were all over Wade last off-season saying he'll leave that crappy team in MIA and play along with another hometown hero in Rose. I also still remember the thread about him selling his house in MIA and it just flooded with Bull fans saying "This is a sign of him coming home".

jackdawson
06-15-2010, 05:57 PM

And how **** does that even matter in this thread??? The guys said "****** him, ****** his county".

Besides, Wade said what he felt. He is more close to Jordan than the entire bulls fanbase. He is in this business, he knows a lot of personnels, thus he knows inside stuff more than outside fans who rely solely on newspapers and net for info.

jackdawson
06-15-2010, 06:04 PM
All he did was say he doesn't think you guys are loyal and he probably got that from when he was talking to Jordan.

People on PSD don't have short term memory loss, I still remember how you guys were all over Wade last off-season saying he'll leave that crappy team in MIA and play along with another hometown hero in Rose. I also still remember the thread about him selling his house in MIA and it just flooded with Bull fans saying "This is a sign of him coming home".

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Now they act like they never wanted Wade.

A lot of them had Wade in their sig till Wade made those comments such as Draco (Just one out of many) ;)

D Roses Bulls
06-15-2010, 06:24 PM
And how **** does that even matter in this thread??? The guys said "****** him, ****** his county".

Besides, Wade said what he felt. He is more close to Jordan than the entire bulls fanbase. He is in this business, he knows a lot of personnels, thus he knows inside stuff more than outside fans who rely solely on newspapers and net for info.

yea i mean the guy obviously is trying to bait, but still if wade is talking **** about the bulls organization because of how jordan feels then that is still wrong. i mean i know wade is trying to lure FA's to miami and that was probably still his intention, but jordan only felt the bulls were disloyal because jordan expected to be handed like 5 percent of the franchise over to him for nothing. thats pretty public information now. i just dont get how someone can talkcrap for not even knowing the organization and going off someone who is still bitter about the situation.

D Roses Bulls
06-15-2010, 06:27 PM

read what i wrote to mr. dawson on that part about jordan.

and yes people on psd, most anyways, do have a short term memory and not most people were saying wade was gonna leave, but just a select few. everyone knew a fewseasonsago wade wasnt going anywhere, well most knowledgeable NBA fabs did

jackdawson
06-15-2010, 06:28 PM
yea i mean the guy obviously is trying to bait, but still if wade is talking **** about the bulls organization because of how jordan feels then that is still wrong. i mean i know wade is trying to lure FA's to miami and that was probably still his intention, but jordan only felt the bulls were disloyal because jordan expected to be handed like 5 percent of the franchise over to him for nothing. thats pretty public information now. i just dont get how someone can talkcrap for not even knowing the organization and going off someone who is still bitter about the situation.

He is from Chicago himself, has an ongoing relationship to Michael Jordan and has talked with him numerous times, and he has also obviously played in the NBA, and knows the Heat organization's level of loyalty.

I really find it funny some basketball fans who may or may not even be from Chicago themselves, never spoke a word to Michael Jordan, and obviously don't play in the NBA feel they know more about the Bulls organization's loyalty and whether Wade has reason to question it.

I honestly think none of that has anything to do with anything... and many Bulls fans are more jealous than all other factors. You guys wanted Wade, and are now offended that he made remarks leading to the idea he's leery of signing with them.

(THANKS to Beasted for this).

jackdawson
06-15-2010, 06:30 PM
read what i wrote to mr. dawson on that part about jordan.

and yes people on psd, most anyways, do have a short term memory and not most people were saying wade was gonna leave, but just a select few. everyone knew a fewseasonsago wade wasnt going anywhere, well most knowledgeable NBA fabs did

Bulls fans are not among them. I am too lazy to bring up those threads but the entire bulls fanbase was on Wade's bandwagon specially since last summer (even 2 months ago) that he was going to leave "Miami's ****ing organization" :facepalm::facepalm: Now all of you are acting like wisemen:facepalm:

Kakaroach
06-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Everyone I know calls it Wade County anyway so might as well make it official. :shrug: Especially if it helps keep him.

mia305king
06-15-2010, 08:16 PM

Bulls fans didn't want him, stop lying :shush:

D Roses Bulls
06-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Bulls fans are not among them. I am too lazy to bring up those threads but the entire bulls fanbase was on Wade's bandwagon specially since last summer (even 2 months ago) that he was going to leave "Miami's ****ing organization" :facepalm::facepalm: Now all of you are acting like wisemen:facepalm:

bring up the threads........ please do........ like i said knowledgeable NBA fans did and im not calling all my fellow bulls fans knowledgeable. i know some don't know what they are talking about, but please find these threads for me,hell find one time i said wade is leaving miami.

CowboysKB24
06-15-2010, 08:21 PM
That is really emotional, especially if he doesn't end up there.

D Roses Bulls
06-15-2010, 08:23 PM

(THANKS to Beasted for this).

if the bulls werent loyal, paxson would have been fired by now. if they werent loyal ask any of the former bulls players who either work for the organization who are saying wade is way off or the ones like bob love who is in the hospital, hasn't worked or played for the bulls in 30 years and the bullsa are paying his hospital bills. like i said, wade may be from the city, but he has never played for the bulls. jordan like i said still is bitter so how are you gonna take the word of a man who is bitter? please explain that to me

Hoopsadvocate
06-15-2010, 08:25 PM
I cant tell you how much i LOVE to see Bulls fan turn on Wade after all that crap they were talking about landing him in FA this summer. I absolutely love it i smile and laugh every time i hear them bad mouthing him now the irony is beautiful. Keep at it guys your making our summer :up:

beasted86
06-15-2010, 08:28 PM
if the bulls werent loyal, paxson would have been fired by now. if they werent loyal ask any of the former bulls players who either work for the organization who are saying wade is way off or the ones like bob love who is in the hospital, hasn't worked or played for the bulls in 30 years and the bullsa are paying his hospital bills. like i said, wade may be from the city, but he has never played for the bulls. jordan like i said still is bitter so how are you gonna take the word of a man who is bitter? please explain that to me

I'm not necessarily take their word fully... but I sure as hell am taking their word on the Bulls organization over some random fan who isn't even close to the situation whatsoever.

Like I said, it baffles me that fans think they know more about the Bulls' loyalty than NBA players themselves. And please, link to these "former bulls players who either work for the organization who are saying wade is way off"... yes, please do.... and they better not be current Bulls employees because that isn't a credible source.

D Roses Bulls
06-15-2010, 08:29 PM
I cant tell you how much i LOVE to see Bulls fan turn on Wade after all that crap they were talking about landing him in FA this summer. I absolutely love it i smile and laugh every time i hear them bad mouthing him now the irony is beautiful. Keep at it guys your making our summer :up:

again,not all were talking crap about landing wade. its more about wade talkin crap why everyone was down on him. i swear miami fans have been bitter ever since the bulls swept the defending champs heat in 07.

D Roses Bulls
06-15-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm not necessarily take their word fully... but I sure as hell am taking their word on the Bulls organization over some random fan who isn't even close to the situation whatsoever.

Like I said, it baffles me that fans think they know more about the Bulls' loyalty than NBA players themselves. And please, link to these "former bulls players who either work for the organization who are saying wade is way off"... yes, please do.... and they better not be current Bulls employees because that isn't a credible source.

here ya go buddy

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-05-27/sports/ct-spt-0528-bulls-dwyane-wade-chicago20100527_1_bulls-wade-jerry-reinsdorf

still1ballin
06-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Oh nowz!

I live in Miami Dade :facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
06-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Oh nowz!

I live in Miami Dade :facepalm:

lmao..... so that means i was born in miami-wade county:facepalm:

Hoopsadvocate
06-15-2010, 08:44 PM
again,not all were talking crap about landing wade. its more about wade talkin crap why everyone was down on him. i swear miami fans have been bitter ever since the bulls swept the defending champs heat in 07.

Okay maybe not all but like 90% of them were sure he would leave giving all there reasons why. I think wades words were taken out of context and maniplated by the media. He loves chicago he goes there in the summer but he just loves miami more. Bulls fans just got pissy (no thanks to the misportrayal by the media) once his true intentions came out. And now a lot of them are caught with their tail between their legs and it gives me endless enjoyment.

I personally like our rivalry, the bulls along with the NY Knicks are two teams i hope get better during FA (just not taking any of the players i want for my team of course : P ) enough to have build it up a bit more and see some more epic games in the playoffs between one another. But still i dont like when certain fans wether they be Bulls,Knicks, or even HEAT fans get to cocky about a player or subject NBA wise and think its almost a sure thing when really its not even logical and to gloat about it makes it even worse.

But im offtopic now good luck in Free agency.

D Roses Bulls
06-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Okay maybe not all but like 90% of them were sure he would leave giving all there reasons why. I think wades words were taken out of context and maniplated by the media. He loves chicago he goes there in the summer but he just loves miami more. Bulls fans just got pissy (no thanks to the misportrayal by the media) once his true intentions came out. And now a lot of them are caught with their tail between their legs and it gives me endless enjoyment.

I personally like our rivalry, the bulls along with the NY Knicks are two teams i hope get better during FA (just not taking any of the players i want for my team of course : P ) enough to have build it up a bit more and see some more epic games in the playoffs between one another. But still i dont like when certain fans wether they be Bulls,Knicks, or even HEAT fans get to cocky about a player or subject NBA wise and think its almost a sure thing when really its not even logical and to gloat about it makes it even worse.

But im offtopic now good luck in Free agency.

first off, let me say how that was a mature response and yes i do agree some probably got mad thinking wade should come home and such. now im not on here as much as some of you are, maybe you guys saw bulls fans say stuff i didn't, but most of the ones i saw didnt, but i did see some.

ATX
06-15-2010, 08:48 PM
It's so funny (Sad). Every time I see a thread having ANYTHING to do with Miami or Dwyane Wade I know one thing for CERTAIN. That I will find the VAST MAJORITY of fans outside of Miami fans posting are BULLS fans...Having nothing constructive to say. They see a Wade or Miami thread as nothing more than an opportunity to spew their bitterness and cynicism. As someone else had posted, learn from JB please, and be objective.

It sucks that many Bulls fans on PSD do this, because I see a thread I'm interested in learning something from, and all it turns into is a hate fest courtesy of Chi fans from the outset...and it's disappointing, because all I ever see in these threads is bickering about STUPID SHYTE, and I learn nothing that I already didn't know...That Bulls fans HATE the Heat and Wade...WE ALL GET IT OKAY.

as for renaming the county temporarily: I think it's a great idea. Why not honor a figure who means so much to the community? It's just a way of showing appreciation and gratitude...But what would Bulls fans know of this?

beasted86
06-15-2010, 08:49 PM
here ya go buddy

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-05-27/sports/ct-spt-0528-bulls-dwyane-wade-chicago20100527_1_bulls-wade-jerry-reinsdorf

So basically 1 person has said the Bulls are loyal. Bob Love & Randy Brown work for the Bulls, so they don't count.

Anyway, this debate is moot because all that matters at the end of the day is what Wade thinks, and what he says in the media. If he said he has reasons to question their loyalty, I believe the reasons are sound.

D Roses Bulls
06-15-2010, 08:55 PM
So basically 1 person has said the Bulls are loyal. Bob Love & Randy Brown work for the Bulls, so they don't count.

Anyway, this debate is moot because all that matters at the end of the day is what Wade thinks, and what he says in the media. If he said he has reasons to question their loyalty, I believe the reasons are sound.

you just said someone who isnt playing for the bulls. second they have 8 guys, 2 of which have died in the last year who is working for the bulls. not including others who have gotten jobs around the NBA or in other organizations because they worked for the bulls in the past like bj armstrong and bill cartwright. so the bulls hiring former bulls players inst loyalty?thats a sign of loyalty and respect. i dont know what you are talking about and what jay williams said, please find me another organization that paid someone for a year and took care of him after he was injured in a motorcycle accident that was in the contract that he signed and he wasnt suppose to have. so he breached the contract and still took care of him. i would like to see any other organization do that.

beasted86
06-15-2010, 09:05 PM
you just said someone who isnt playing for the bulls. second they have 8 guys, 2 of which have died in the last year who is working for the bulls. not including others who have gotten jobs around the NBA or in other organizations because they worked for the bulls in the past like bj armstrong and bill cartwright. so the bulls hiring former bulls players inst loyalty?thats a sign of loyalty and respect. i dont know what you are talking about and what jay williams said, please find me another organization that paid someone for a year and took care of him after he was injured in a motorcycle accident that was in the contract that he signed and he wasnt suppose to have. so he breached the contract and still took care of him. i would like to see any other organization do that.

Read again. I said people who aren't current Bulls employees.

Anyway you guys keep bringing up examples of why they are so loyal, but aren't bringing up quotes of past players or past employees talking about their loyalty. Only 1 guy who doesn't currently work for them has stepped up.

And to your baiting remarks about Miami's supposed fairweather fans, I'll leave that alone, because this debate is about the franchise's loyalty, not fans smart guy.

NY4YA
06-15-2010, 09:08 PM
we already have a kings county in brooklyn, so we wont have to rename it when lebron comes to ny :)

Truheatfan
06-15-2010, 09:10 PM

why dont you bulls fans just stay outta our forums very few of you have anything positive to say i dont go clicking on bulls forums but it seems like everytime there is somthing about wade or a rumor of bosh to miami here comes the bulls fans dissing wade and then we all end up in a dispute someone wrote screw (it wasnt screw) wade county and thats really unessecary we LOVE wade if bulls fans hate him so much they should make thier own forum to diss wade so us heat fans dont have to see the bulls fans negative comments :cool:

jackdawson
06-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Jezz!!! Every thread related to Wade goes off-topic because of bulls fans and eventually gets closed. Pathetic people.

D1JM
06-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Read again. I said people who aren't current Bulls employees.

Anyway you guys keep bringing up examples of why they are so loyal, but aren't bringing up quotes of past players or past employees talking about their loyalty. Only 1 guy who doesn't currently work for them has stepped up.

And to your baiting remarks about Miami's supposed fairweather fans, I'll leave that alone, because this debate is about the franchise's loyalty, not fans smart guy.

that one guy and phil jackson too. People dont have to step up and talk about wade comments, especially when the next day he stated he didnt mean that blah blah blah

Truheatfan
06-15-2010, 09:12 PM
It's so funny (Sad). Every time I see a thread having ANYTHING to do with Miami or Dwyane Wade I know one thing for CERTAIN. That I will find the VAST MAJORITY of fans outside of Miami fans posting are BULLS fans...Having nothing constructive to say. They see a Wade or Miami thread as nothing more than an opportunity to spew their bitterness and cynicism. As someone else had posted, learn from JB please, and be objective.

It sucks that many Bulls fans on PSD do this, because I see a thread I'm interested in learning something from, and all it turns into is a hate fest courtesy of Chi fans from the outset...and it's disappointing, because all I ever see in these threads is bickering about STUPID SHYTE, and I learn nothing that I already didn't know...That Bulls fans HATE the Heat and Wade...WE ALL GET IT OKAY.

as for renaming the county temporarily: I think it's a great idea. Why not honor a figure who means so much to the community? It's just a way of showing appreciation and gratitude...But what would Bulls fans know of this?

sorry bro i didnt see your post but THANK YOU :clap: :hi5:

J$mo0th_3o5
06-15-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't even feel like going off-topic and arguing.....

It's a great idea re-naming to what I already call Wade County:)

D1JM
06-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Jezz!!! Every thread related to Wade goes off-topic because of bulls fans and eventually gets closed. Pathetic people.

whats more pathetic? The person that makes a stupid comment or the person that response to a stupid comment?

D1JM
06-15-2010, 09:30 PM
It's good though that Miami is trying its best to keep Wade. However by going this far I think lebron can see that Miami is wades town and no one elses

Hoopsadvocate
06-15-2010, 09:44 PM
An organizations loyalty to their players and fans loyalty are two different things. Most miami fans know south florida is a fair weather location but the HEAT head office are in no way reflections of some of the fans. So when they argue loyalty its usually about the organizations not the fans

thescore53
06-15-2010, 10:05 PM
what if he leaves

J$mo0th_3o5
06-15-2010, 10:11 PM
what if he leaves

Wanna bet on it:eyebrow:

thescore53
06-15-2010, 10:14 PM
what part of ''if'' don't you get

jackdawson
06-15-2010, 10:16 PM

Bosh part :facepalm:

Ray_R
06-15-2010, 10:19 PM
I actually didnt want wade. But Ito thought it was Permenant.

thescore53
06-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Bosh part :facepalm:

was i speaking to you :)

J$mo0th_3o5
06-15-2010, 10:31 PM

Ask yourself the same question.