PDA

View Full Version : Something's gotta give

RipVW
06-15-2010, 02:53 PM
OK, this finals has a few different circumstancial statistics that are bound to no longer be without blemish.

Im going to list the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

* Phil Jackson coached teams are 47-0 when they win game 1. The Lakers won game one this series. If the Celtics win, there will be a blemish in the loss column.

* Teams that win game 3 after being split 1-1, were 10-0 (its 10-0, right?). The Lakers won game 3.

* The Celtics are 11-0 when up 3-2 in a series. If the Lakers come back, there will obviously be a blemish.

* The core group of Garnett, Pierce, Allen, and Rondo are undefeated in the postseason. So, again, if LA comes back and wins, there will be a blemish there as well.

Any other stats you can think of that stand to no longer be without a blemish?

JordansBulls
06-15-2010, 03:00 PM
OK, this finals has a few different circumstancial statistics that are bound to no longer be without blemish.

* Phil Jackson coached teams are 47-0 when they win game 1. The Lakers won game one this series. If the Celtics win, there will be a blemish in the loss column.

* Teams that win game 3 after being split 1-1, were 10-0 (its 10-0, right?). The Lakers won game 3.

* The Celtics are 11-0 when up 3-2 in a series. If the Lakers come back, there will obviously be a blemish.

* The core group of Garnett, Pierce, Allen, and Rondo are undefeated in the postseason. So, again, if LA comes back and wins, there will be a blemish there as well.

Kobe and Fisher 26-0 when winning game 1.

Phil 54-1 when having any lead in a series (only 2006 vs Phoenix was a loss)

Kobe 24-1 in series with HCA

RipVW
06-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Kobe and Fisher 26-0 when winning game 1.

Phil 54-1 when having any lead in a series (only 2006 vs Phoenix was a loss)

Kobe 24-1 in series with HCA

the 26-0 is a subset of the 47-0... but fair enough.

Korman12
06-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Damn, I thought we were gonna talk about the movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337741/). Oh well.

Ray_R
06-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Pretty cool. All the stats.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-15-2010, 03:37 PM

wrong

mikantsass
06-15-2010, 03:48 PM

There also was a stat about the game 5 winner, but it doesnt matter. None of these statistical stats matter in this series.

RipVW
06-15-2010, 03:52 PM
There also was a stat about the game 5 winner, but it doesnt matter. None of these statistical stats matter in this series.

Well, two of those stats are going to withstand this series and two of the streaks are going to bite the dust. Maybe there are more streaks out there Im not aware of too.

JasonJohnHorn
06-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Those are just trivial stats that mean nothing. Every year there are match-ups with stats and records like that and it has no bearing on the actual series being played.

What may have bearing on the series is the fact that Kobe has twice made it to the NBA finals and lost, once against Detroit, and once against Boston. Kobe and co. have not once managed to come back once they are down this far along in a finals series, the only series they did come back from was Philly when they went up 0-1.

The Kobe lead lakers havent been able to come back when down in the finals. But Phil Jackson is a great coach, Kobe is a great player, and Gasol and Odom help fill out a great roster, so there is no telling what might happen.

RaiderLakersA's
06-15-2010, 05:35 PM
The only stat that really matters in this series seems to be the rebounding. It seems to me, the team that owns the boards, wins.

spoonhoops
06-15-2010, 05:48 PM
It seems like every year some crazy stat is blemished in some way, but this year is extra special. :)

Klivlend
06-15-2010, 05:48 PM

Ya, I think it was something like the team that wins game 5 wins the series 83% or 85% of the time. I remember hearing that too