PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol.

Hellcrooner
06-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Lakers fans are putting all the blame on him on losing the finals.

Lakers have been rumored to like Bosh or Lebro in a sign and trade.

Pau would probably be teh piece they woul center that sign and trade around but for both Cleveland and Toronto losing their start and getting a 30 year old Allstar on a long and expensive contract may not fit well with their rbuilding plans so i guess they woudl be receptive on getting a big expiring ( eddy curry) or a younger player like LEE som pick or even Chandler.

Lets say They ship it for Bosh wouldnt it make a lot of sense for NY to try to bring it to the team to atract Lebron or maybe Melo after next season?

Giaps
06-15-2010, 12:02 PM
If the Lakers trade forBosh,Bynum, not Pau, will be the centerpiece.

Hellcrooner
06-15-2010, 12:12 PM
If the Lakers trade forBosh,Bynum, not Pau, will be the centerpiece.

im not sure othr teams will be receptive to take bynums knees

Not tomenton that Pau + Bosh is as soft as a Fc as you can get,

FOBolous
06-15-2010, 12:16 PM
i think Gasol should come to Houston where he'll be appreciated.

pebloemer
06-15-2010, 12:20 PM
i think Gasol should come to Houston where he'll be appreciated.

I'd appreciate him in Toronto :).

thescore53
06-15-2010, 12:23 PM
so you think bosh would make the lakers more of a contender....

DitchDat
06-15-2010, 12:27 PM

yup

Raidaz4Life
06-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Trust me... the Lakers won't trade Gasol for Bosh... maybe Lebron but definitely not Bosh.

TheKing23
06-15-2010, 12:29 PM
I'd love Gasol in Cleveland... Obviously not more than LeBron, but he'd probably be my most wanted guy (realistically) in terms of a S&T if LeBron left.

I absolute love his game... It's just a shame he plays for my least favorite team, otherwise he'd easily be one of my favorite players in the league.

I'd much rather take on Gasol's contract over Bynum's injury proneness. Gasol has shown he can be a dominant force in this league and Bynum hasn't had one full, good season. No brainer if I had the choice. One's an All-NBA big man, the other an injury prone 13/8 guy.

thescore53
06-15-2010, 12:32 PM
you'd love it but gasol wouldnt he'd be back in the same position he was in memphis

JordansBulls
06-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Lakers fans are putting all the blame on him on losing the finals.

Lakers have been rumored to like Bosh or Lebro in a sign and trade.

Pau would probably be teh piece they woul center that sign and trade around but for both Cleveland and Toronto losing their start and getting a 30 year old Allstar on a long and expensive contract may not fit well with their rbuilding plans so i guess they woudl be receptive on getting a big expiring ( eddy curry) or a younger player like LEE som pick or even Chandler.

Lets say They ship it for Bosh wouldnt it make a lot of sense for NY to try to bring it to the team to atract Lebron or maybe Melo after next season?

Gasol led the Lakers in Win Shares and PER in the season. He is leading the lakers in Win Shares in the playoffs. How could he be getting the blame when he has the most productive stats?
Even Kobe said that Gasol has been the most consistent all year.

But there is no way I trade Pau for Bosh. I know Gasol plays well with Kobe one way or the other, I don't know if Bosh will or if he could handle the pressure.

RaiderLakersA's
06-15-2010, 12:39 PM
We're not trading Pau unless it was for LeBron. I don't see Bosh as an equal to Pau.

Da Knicks
06-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Send him to New York in a sign and trade for David Lee in a cocaine heartbeat buddy! The best big man in the league yes no questions asked the other one I dont think the lakers would want curry but curry and douglas I think they would do. Heck do they want Chandler and Curry? Donnie would make that trade without hesitation doubt the lakers get rid of their best team player.

Super.
06-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Gasoft

Hawkeye15
06-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Gasol led the Lakers in Win Shares and PER in the season. He is leading the lakers in Win Shares in the playoffs. How could he be getting the blame when he has the most productive stats?
Even Kobe said that Gasol has been the most consistent all year.

But there is no way I trade Pau for Bosh. I know Gasol plays well with Kobe one way or the other, I don't know if Bosh will or if he could handle the pressure.

he is getting blame because he has pulled a virtual disappearing act in the finals. He is capable of way more than he is doing

BOSTON617
06-15-2010, 12:51 PM
hahaha wtf gasoft im sorry i would much rather have bosh then pau

Avenged
06-15-2010, 12:56 PM
He's getting blamed for his game 5 "performance" not because we're losing the series. Overall he's had a good series, he started off great but slowed down a bit on the road. That'll happen to anyone playing in front of a hostile crowd and team who plays physical defense.

Anyways, what a surprise, the majority giving props to Gasol on this thread but here come the Celtics fans with their magnificent insight.

JNA17
06-15-2010, 01:07 PM
sometimes i feel the lakers should trade pau so that we don't have to hear hellcrooner again :facepalm:

Sadds The Gr8
06-15-2010, 01:12 PM
He should come to the T-Dot. Of course, we'd have to get rid of Bargs too then, otherwise we'd have the pussiest frontcourt of all time.

JordansBulls
06-15-2010, 01:15 PM
he is getting blame because he has pulled a virtual disappearing act in the finals. He is capable of way more than he is doing

Disappearance my ar*se. Dude is averaging 18.8, 10.0 and 2.6 bpg on 51% FG.

If that is disappearing then no one on the Celtics even showed up.

RadiantShot
06-15-2010, 01:16 PM
If I recall, the series is 3-2. Go figure, I didn't know series' could be over in 5 games. :laugh2: Stop posting stupid things.

Sly Guy
06-15-2010, 01:20 PM
if a trade of Bosh for Pau goes through I will throughly enjoy the reversal of opinions of who is the better player from both the Toronto and LA posters on this site, and the opinions on ESPN.

BOSTON617
06-15-2010, 01:26 PM
sometimes i feel the lakers should trade pau so that we don't have to hear hellcrooner again :facepalm:

agreed :clap: remins me of gasoft lol (if u remember him)

JasonJohnHorn
06-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Gasol is too awesome to trade. Odom and him need more minutes on the floor together because Bynum and Artest cant convert on the passes he feeds them, Odom can.

JNA17
06-15-2010, 01:44 PM

you know i really wish numbers told the whole story so that the lakers would have won the series already, but they don't, so i digress :(

Chronz
06-15-2010, 01:46 PM
hahaha wtf gasoft im sorry i would much rather have bosh then pau

Why?

smith&wesson
06-15-2010, 01:47 PM
I would rather bosh leave for free and sign with the lakers then to get bynams contract in return. bynam in a raps uni = an over paid player who will spend 80 % of the time on the bench eating up our cap. would you not be wiery of a player like that if you were about to lose your star player ??

you can blame gasol for the lakers being down but the last time i checked he has played in every play off game and has given it his all. bynam on the other hand is getting his knees drained every couple days and he is alot yonger the pau. Bynam helps the lakers alot when he is playing, and when he isnt there is a large load on pau's shoulders. so who is the blame really on ??

if BC has bynam in a raps uni next year, i will close my psd acount. sell my raptor jerseys and stop watching basket ball all together. a bit over board ? i dont think so. i would just lose all faith in the franchize.

Chronz
06-15-2010, 01:47 PM

Check out his per possession stats vs KG

jackdawson
06-15-2010, 01:51 PM
No way Bosh will make the lakers better than Gasol.

Chronz
06-15-2010, 01:51 PM
He should come to the T-Dot. Of course, we'd have to get rid of Bargs too then, otherwise we'd have the pussiest frontcourt of all time.

This doesnt make sense, you already have Bosh+Hedo+Bargs, yet somehow adding a better defender is suppose to make you pussier?

Hellcrooner
06-15-2010, 01:53 PM

sorry to disspaoint you but ive been a laker fan for 20+ years and ill be one long after pau is gone,

obviously if hes moved id rather have him in my second favourite team.

ballpd05
06-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Pau>Bosh

Chronz
06-15-2010, 01:56 PM
you know i really wish numbers told the whole story so that the lakers would have won the series already, but they don't, so i digress :(

Please explain #'s telling the whole story would mean that the Lakers would have won? Seems to me that maybe you just dont know how to attack JB's post. Saying #'s dont mean everything isnt exactly countering his point.

JNA17
06-15-2010, 01:57 PM
sorry to disspaoint you but ive been a Regal FC Barcelona fan for 20+ years and ill be one long after pau is gone,

fixed

Hellcrooner
06-15-2010, 01:58 PM
so you think bosh would make the lakers more of a contender....

i dont and in fact i doubt it to me bosh is a worse player and needs more touches ( wich conflicts with having kobe)

but just go gcheck lakers forum half the threads are gasol ( and odom and artest) bashing the other hafl are trade goasl for bosh or lebron .

Hellcrooner
06-15-2010, 01:58 PM
wonder why this was moved from Knicks forum tough

Hellcrooner
06-15-2010, 02:00 PM
fixed

sorry agian but ive been a barceloan fan for over 30 years ( they didnt start swhoing nba here ntil mid 80s) :p

oh and of course ill be for life too

JNA17
06-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Please explain #'s telling the whole story would mean that the Lakers would have won? Or maybe you just dont know how to attack JB's post. Saying #'s dont mean everything isnt exactly countering his point.

because pau won't and has not avg. 18/10/2 on a consistent basis. Just by watching the series you can tell how awfuly soft gasol has been. He's get out rebounded and blocked by tony allen and has played like he was the 5th best player on the court rather then the true 2nd option like he was during the regular season and the beggining of the playoffs.

It's as simple as that. I call it like i see it and i won't let irrelevant numbers tell me otherwise.

JNA17
06-15-2010, 02:04 PM
sorry agian but ive been a barceloan fan for over 30 years ( they didnt start swhoing nba here ntil mid 80s) :p

oh and of course ill be for life too

oh yeah i forgot about that my bad :(.

well then make supporting "team" threads rather then "pau or marc gasol" or "jose calderon" or "ricky rubio" threads so that we won't have to insult you anymore ;)

mikantsass
06-15-2010, 02:05 PM

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crooner FINALLY admits that Gasoft has a vagina!!!!

Ground breaking territory my spanish buddy, keep up the good work!

Kakaroach
06-15-2010, 02:07 PM
This thread hasn't gone anywhere and won't go anywhere with good discussion.