PDA

View Full Version : is this the worst officiating crew ever to work a finials game???

IndyFan
06-15-2010, 09:49 AM
the officials for game 6 are going to be

joe derosa
ken mauer
monty mccutchen

IMO, this is the worst crew ever to officiate an NBA finials game. especially a game 6. there are good officials and bad officials. not saying the games are fixed or anything like that. just saying that these guys are not very good. they miss stuff, make calls they shouldn't, get mad at players and punish them unfairly.

am i wrong??

:(

Hellcrooner
06-15-2010, 09:55 AM
does not matter.

i woudl be really suprirsed tonight with anything tht is not a lakers victory.

if they are not deserveing it the refs will make it happen.

Nba needs the money of a game 7 it seems.

king4day
06-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Just to the teams that are losing.

bahama0811
06-15-2010, 10:00 AM
At least Joey Crawford's not reffing tonight.

JasonJohnHorn
06-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Obviously you havent been watching basketball for very long. Officials in the finals have been notoriously bad and most often in favour of the big market teams like Chi-town and LA. I dont mind bad calls, just as long as there are about an even number of bad calls on both ends of the floor. Nobody is perfect, but trust me, there has been FAR worse officiating.

d00d
06-15-2010, 10:06 AM
could be on purpose to force a game 7. corrupt bastards

Sly Guy
06-15-2010, 10:12 AM
no, because no crew without joey crawford can ever be considered "the worst"

ManRam
06-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Just to the teams that are losing.

QFT.

That's really at it is.

clutchski
06-15-2010, 10:23 AM
At least Joey Crawford's not reffing tonight.

That was the first thing that came to my mind.

IndyFan
06-15-2010, 11:47 AM
it is easy to hate on joe crawford, but there is only one coach that would not want the crawford boys [joe and dan] plus bob delaney as the officials for game 6 or 7. there are good officials and bad ones, joe is a good one.

:)

Raidaz4Life
06-15-2010, 11:59 AM
could be on purpose to force a game 7. corrupt bastards

As much as I hate all this conspiracy theory bologna... That is the first thing that came to mind.

wileyisTOFU
06-15-2010, 12:02 PM
inconclusive stats anyone?

http://www.nbastuffer.com/referee_stats

Chronz
06-15-2010, 12:52 PM
does not matter.

i woudl be really suprirsed tonight with anything tht is not a lakers victory.

if they are not deserveing it the refs will make it happen.

Nba needs the money of a game 7 it seems.

seems to me you really like conspiracies, refs dont control who wins or loses. Players are still the ones who decide that

Super.
06-15-2010, 12:54 PM
QFT.

That's really at it is.

I personally think the refs suck all around.

Rivera
06-15-2010, 01:05 PM
it doesnt matter who refs tonight game

do u seriously think that no matter who the refs are the NBA hasnt told all officials we want this to a game 7???

theres no doubt in my mind this is going 7 cause the celts will b playin against the lakers and the refs

im going to watch this closely cause if the reffing is REAL BAD than the theory of the NBA is fixed is going to enter my mind as strongly as ever

Jetracer
06-15-2010, 01:28 PM

joe derosa
ken mauer
monty mccutchen

IMO, this is the worst crew ever to officiate an NBA finials game. especially a game 6. there are good officials and bad officials. not saying the games are fixed or anything like that. just saying that these guys are not very good. they miss stuff, make calls they shouldn't, get mad at players and punish them unfairly.

am i wrong??

It looks like monty mccutchen is going to hook us up tonight!!!! :D
0.833 home win percentage! YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JordansBulls
06-15-2010, 02:57 PM

joe derosa
ken mauer
monty mccutchen

am i wrong??

Well Boston better win tonight, because I'll assumme Bennett Salvatore will ref game 7 :speechless:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-15-2010, 03:56 PM
all of the refs favor slightly the Road team

bad news

mark1125
06-15-2010, 05:24 PM
NBA ranks up there with the WWE and Avatar for realism.

Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, and Knicks should have a 4 team league of their own and let the rest of the teams form their own league. Stern can touch himself in inapproproate ways while he watches game 7.

boriquaabe
06-15-2010, 05:53 PM
For me it's either this series or Mavs-Heat. This series has had pretty bad calls both ways though.

boriquaabe
06-15-2010, 05:55 PM
NBA ranks up there with the WWE and Avatar for realism.

Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, and Knicks should have a 4 team league of their own and let the rest of the teams form their own league. Stern can touch himself in inapproproate ways while he watches game 7.

But the Knicks got hosed at home in the infamous Charles Smith layup attempts game in the ECF VS Bulls while he was obviously getting butchered.

ldc62
06-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Joey Crawfords actually pretty good... as long as he doesn't start holding grudges and doesn't get too jumpy.

MoBASS
06-15-2010, 08:03 PM
But the Knicks got hosed at home in the infamous Charles Smith layup attempts game in the ECF VS Bulls while he was obviously getting butchered.

Go back and watch the video he didn't get touched.

hugepatsfan
06-16-2010, 12:26 AM
no, because no crew without joey crawford can ever be considered "the worst"

:clap:

hugepatsfan
06-16-2010, 12:28 AM
I thought the refs were fantastic tonight - no impact at all, which means they did their job right. The only call that made me scream was the TA/Kobe mix up at the end. That was a clean steal by TA. If they HAD to call a foul, Kobe was the one that reached in after TA blocked his pass/shot (couldn't tell) and grabbed the ball.

kblo247
06-16-2010, 12:34 AM
In all seriousness, the NBA misses Steve Javie in these situations and it shows.

Kashmir13579
06-16-2010, 12:52 AM
it doesnt matter who refs tonight game

do u seriously think that no matter who the refs are the NBA hasnt told all officials we want this to a game 7???

theres no doubt in my mind this is going 7 cause the celts will b playin against the lakers and the refs

im going to watch this closely cause if the reffing is REAL BAD than the theory of the NBA is fixed is going to enter my mind as strongly as ever

if the NBA was fixed lebron james would have won a ring by now. with that said, i feel that the officiating has been sub-par at best; not just during the finals this year, but since the late 90s. no consistency. either let them play or don't . i also think they need to further look into the video review towards the final minutes of the game. it could end up hurting the NBA rather than helping it. LETS HOPE FOR AN EXCITING GAME 7!!!!!!!:clap:

koreancabbage
06-16-2010, 12:58 AM
you guys are blaming the refs for a blowout?

you guys have to find a hobby.

Fireworld
06-16-2010, 01:19 AM
Less calls is all i have to say.

lakerboy
06-16-2010, 01:37 AM
I thought the refs were fantastic tonight - no impact at all, which means they did their job right. The only call that made me scream was the TA/Kobe mix up at the end. That was a clean steal by TA. If they HAD to call a foul, Kobe was the one that reached in after TA blocked his pass/shot (couldn't tell) and grabbed the ball.

I was holding my breath for that quick second. IF Kobe had picked up another T that time, he would be suspended for game 7.

hugepatsfan
06-16-2010, 01:55 AM
I was holding my breath for that quick second. IF Kobe had picked up another T that time, he would be suspended for game 7.

Now that you mention it, I thought the T that they did call on Kobe was terrible. Not only was it unwarranted, but it also took a fast break away from the Celts. It had no impact because of the score, but that would have been critical in a closer game.

And that would be so great for Kobe to be suspended - would really help my blood pressure. :D

_KB24_
06-16-2010, 02:16 AM
I don't think its intentional, but either way, the PLAYOFFS as whole have been the worst I have ever seen IMO. The refs continue to blow calls on a nightly basis that end up ****ing teams. And the problem is, these aren't a couple calls, their quite a lot they are missing and screwing up.

PatsSoxKnicks
06-16-2010, 02:16 AM
all of the refs favor slightly the Road team

bad news

Is that because the Celtics were the road team today? If the Lakers were the road team, would it be the refs favor the home team? Or is it just the refs are against the Lakers?

I'm sorry but you must be the most delusional Laker fan ever. After almost every Laker loss, I always see about 100 different posts from you complaining about the officiating. Heck, even after Laker wins, you're complaining about the officiating being against the Lakers. I really wish some of your fellow Laker fans would tell you to cut it out but since they won't, I will.

I have no idea if this comment was supposed to mean because the Lakers are the home team, the refs favor the road team but even if this comment didn't mean that, it makes no sense. Why would the refs favor the road team? It's generally true that refs favor the home team.

Oh wait, sorry thats right, there's a conspiracy against the Lakers. I forgot the NBA hates the Lakers despite the fact that the Lakers are the biggest moneymakers for the NBA. :rolleyes:

No offense but try using logic once in awhile. Here's an example, refs would get influenced by the crowd, so they would favor the home team. That may or may not be true but its at least trying to use some logic.

I don't think its intentional, but either way, the PLAYOFFS as whole have been the worst I have ever seen IMO. The refs continue to blow calls on a nightly basis that end up ****ing teams. And the problem is, these aren't a couple calls, their quite a lot they are missing and screwing up.

I agree the refs are horrible. Everyone says it, talks about it and David Stern just gets angry and fines everyone because he's in denial.

you guys are blaming the refs for a blowout?

you guys have to find a hobby.

There's no way you can blame the refs today. The Lakers were just better. And the refs were actually pretty good today, the more you let the teams play, the better the game will be.

ARMIN12NBA
06-16-2010, 02:21 AM
They officiated Game 2 (two of the three). The infamous game in which Garnett hit the ball out of bounds and they gave the ball to the Celtics anyways.

This wasn't fixed or tilted towards the Lakers. Trust. The Lakers simply dominated them from the tip.