PDA

View Full Version : Which Franchise?

ChiBulls91
06-15-2010, 02:12 AM
I know I should probably wait a few days to make this thread, but I'm bored now so whatever...

Let's say the lakers lose the finals this year, obviously meaning the Celtics win. Looking at these franchises not only from a fans perspective but from a business and a player on these teams, which franchise would you rather be a part of?

a) The Lakers:
have made the finals 3 years in a row, winning once

Sure, they lost twice, but from a business stand point, this is a gold mine, you've gotten the most national exposure of any NBA team which means more sales and more money from tv.

Even from a fans stand point, this is a pretty sweet position. Ofcourse, you hate to see your team lose, but you've gotten to see your team more than fans of other teams.

b) The Celtics:
made the finals 2 of 3 years and won both times

Another great business point, especially from a merchandising view.

But then there was last year, which, I assume for the fans, was pretty agonizing, you had no idea what was going to happen with KG, you almost lose to the Bulls in the first round, and ultimately are eliminated from the play offs. And then these playoffs have to be the exact opposite.

So guys, which franchise do you wish you could have been a part of in the past three years?

shep33
06-15-2010, 02:44 AM
Supersonics

BlackPantherX
06-15-2010, 03:21 AM
LA, I'm from CA and the weather alone is reason to choose LA.
Not to mention I'm a Laker fan :)

kblo247
06-15-2010, 03:43 AM
I was raised a Laker fan. Boston has more titles, but LA has stayed more relevant historically. Only missing the playoffs 5 times I think, and then you factor in the Staples Center, the money they rake in, and the fact that Kobe is best the global draw. It is a no brainer.

PrettyBoyJ
06-15-2010, 04:37 AM
LA, it has a bigger market and what player wouldnt want to live in LA, and they always have primetime games, and not to mention they have Laker fans all over the US.. I live in NY and the amount of Laker fans out here is crazy.. Boston in cool but Lakers have the money, if we're being realistic how long until that Celtic team stop being contenders or break up due to FA, age or retirement, they'll go right back to being a sub 500 team.. and missing the playoffs like they were doin before.. Look how long it took Boston to rebuild and finally make it back to the finals.. LA it only took 4 yrs and they've been back evry year since.. so If Im picking any team Im goin wit LA

LeBroom
06-15-2010, 04:53 AM
Neither. I'm happy with my Knicks. I mean, NOT HAPPY but.. Better Days are coming :)

pistonsfanomg
06-15-2010, 05:18 AM
Neither

I like my Pistons

TheWatcher34
06-15-2010, 05:24 AM
Lakers suck!

knickfan4life
06-15-2010, 05:32 AM
knickerbocker til i die

xabial
06-15-2010, 06:26 AM
Knickerbocker til i die x2

magichatnumber9
06-15-2010, 07:00 AM
Real fans can't just flip a switch. These new fans who wear Yankee hats are fake. When Jack first became a Laker fan he was just picking a hot team; his other favorite team the Yankee's, yeah come on. He has stood by year after year so he can be dismissed from that title but you know what I mean. Real fans don't pick there team after they wiki who has the most championships.

kombayn
06-15-2010, 07:17 AM
I know I should probably wait a few days to make this thread, but I'm bored now so whatever...

Let's say the lakers lose the finals this year, obviously meaning the Celtics win. Looking at these franchises not only from a fans perspective but from a business and a player on these teams, which franchise would you rather be a part of?

a) The Lakers:
have made the finals 3 years in a row, winning once

Sure, they lost twice, but from a business stand point, this is a gold mine, you've gotten the most national exposure of any NBA team which means more sales and more money from tv.

Even from a fans stand point, this is a pretty sweet position. Ofcourse, you hate to see your team lose, but you've gotten to see your team more than fans of other teams.

b) The Celtics:
made the finals 2 of 3 years and won both times

Another great business point, especially from a merchandising view.

But then there was last year, which, I assume for the fans, was pretty agonizing, you had no idea what was going to happen with KG, you almost lose to the Bulls in the first round, and ultimately are eliminated from the play offs. And then these playoffs have to be the exact opposite.

So guys, which franchise do you wish you could have been a part of in the past three years?

The Celtics still have one more game to win at Staples Center. :mad:

JoeSchroeduh
06-15-2010, 07:30 AM
LA, it has a bigger market and what player wouldnt want to live in LA, and they always have primetime games, and not to mention they have Laker fans all over the US.. I live in NY and the amount of Laker fans out here is crazy.. Boston in cool but Lakers have the money, if we're being realistic how long until that Celtic team stop being contenders or break up due to FA, age or retirement, they'll go right back to being a sub 500 team.. and missing the playoffs like they were doin before.. Look how long it took Boston to rebuild and finally make it back to the finals.. LA it only took 4 yrs and they've been back evry year since.. so If Im picking any team Im goin wit LA

I'm sorry we had 2 players die and got shafted in the lottery twice...

Hawkeye15
06-15-2010, 08:12 AM
the day the Wolves win it all, I will be happy I didn't flip teams at any point. Hopefully I am not dead already though

J4KOP99
06-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Real fans can't just flip a switch. These new fans who wear Yankee hats are fake. When Jack first became a Laker fan he was just picking a hot team; his other favorite team the Yankee's, yeah come on. He has stood by year after year so he can be dismissed from that title but you know what I mean. Real fans don't pick there team after they wiki who has the most championships.

Jack is from New Jersey, that's why he is a yankee fan.

As for the lakers, he has had season tickets since the 70's... You want to say that he is just continuing to buy season tickets so you and your friends will consider him a real fan, go ahead.

I never understood that argument about "bandwagon" fans. If you want to say someone picked their team because they were doing well at the time, that's fine. But once 10-15 years pass or however long, and they are still a true fan... it's time to drop the argument.

I'm from NJ, I am a Yankee fan. I originally became a Yankees fan because when I was growing up, they were doing well. Today, I am still a die-hard Yankee fan... but your argument is that because I originally started rooting for the Yankees when they were winning, I'm not a true fan?

Hellcrooner
06-15-2010, 09:53 AM
La

48 playoffs made out of the last 50 , boston ha sbeen in the lottery half the time.

b igger market.

bigger marketeable star in kobe

european markeatable star in Pau gasol.

younger team with a longer window for titles.

There is not a chance to cmpare both teams.

td0tsfinest
06-15-2010, 10:48 AM

Well LAs made it to the finals the past three years.

Da Knicks
06-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Knicks till I die!

Super.
06-15-2010, 11:37 AM
At the end of the day you measure greatness by one thing, and one thing only. Titles.

uprightciti
06-15-2010, 11:45 AM
lakers wont make the playoffs in 2 years mark my words.

Kashmir13579
06-15-2010, 11:47 AM
i'm loving all these optimistic knicks fans. :clap:

Hellcrooner
06-15-2010, 11:54 AM
lakers wont make the playoffs in 2 years mark my words.

you mean when kobe, artest, odom and pau all of them expire leaving lakers with tons of capspace and Durant in the Fa? :rolleyes:

Lloyd Christmas
06-15-2010, 12:07 PM
I'd rather punch myself in the balls then be a Laker fan.

todu82
06-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Voted for the Lakers.

BOSTON617
06-15-2010, 12:22 PM
you mean when kobe, artest, odom and pau all of them expire leaving lakers with tons of capspace and Durant in the Fa? :rolleyes:

im not sure but i dont think durant really likes the laker organization :rolleyes:

Pierzynski4Prez
06-15-2010, 12:38 PM
The one that won 2 titles instead of 1.