PDA

View Full Version : Fukudome on the Market?

Jilly Bohnson
06-15-2010, 12:07 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/MLB-latest-news-from-June-052910

The Cubs have made right fielder Kosuke Fukudome available on the trade market, major-league sources said Monday.

But it won’t be easy to move him.

Reason No. 1: Fukudome, benched Sunday in favor of rookie Tyler Colvin, is hitting .236 with one home run since May 1.

Reason No. 2: Manager Lou Piniella told reporters that Colvin will play more often, so it will be difficult for Fukudome to improve his trade value.

Reason No. 3: He will earn $13 million this year and $13.5 million in 2011; the Cubs will probably have to eat a portion of his salary or take on a bad contract in order to move him.

Fukudome is batting .276/.370/.453 in 58 games this season — good numbers, but with the caveat that he traditionally performs much better in the first half of seasons.

Still, he’s a good defender who can play both center and right field. He also bats left-handed. So, he would be very valuable as a platoon/fourth outfielder.

The Red Sox and Yankees have sustained injuries to their outfield ranks in recent weeks, but it’s not clear if either team has interest in Fukudome.

Fukudome has a no-trade clause that allows him to block trades to 15 teams. The Red Sox and Yankees are not on that list, so they could acquire him without his permission.

Of those two teams, Boston has the greater need for an outfielder. Jacoby Ellsbury and Jeremy Hermida are on the disabled list, and Mike Cameron is playing through an abdominal injury. (The Yankees recently placed outfielder/DH Marcus Thames on the DL.)

The Padres, who pursued Fukudome as a free agent under a different owner and general manager, have also sustained multiple injuries to their outfield. But it’s doubtful that they could afford him at full price, given their current payroll structure.

San Diego has had the lowest production in right field, as determined by OPS, among all major league clubs.

Washington has been looking for a right fielder off and on since spring training. Fukudome’s no-trade protection would allow him to block a deal to the Nationals.

hat tip to Ronin

toovey107
06-15-2010, 12:09 AM
Expected.

Ron!n
06-15-2010, 12:11 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/MLB-latest-news-from-June-052910

hat tip to Ronin
:hi5:

IMO this is premature. You want to see what Colvin is capable of before getting rid of Fuku.

Captain Obvious
06-15-2010, 12:14 AM
I think that we are going to have to eat a ton of money in order to make this happen. But, I'm kind of okay with this. If this does happen, I do hope that a Colvin/Nady platoon takes Fukudome's spot in RF. But, at the same time, if this does happen, I will officially have the worst luck with player shirts in the past year. Ramirez sucks, Bradley is gone, Harden is gone, and Fukudome would be gone.

CubbieSteve
06-15-2010, 12:14 AM
If we can get out from a lot of that salary, more power to us.

Don't think we will get that lucky, but Fukudome would be a valuable piece to a team like the Padres at the top of that order.

toovey107
06-15-2010, 12:15 AM
I think that we are going to have to eat a ton of money in order to make this happen. But, I'm kind of okay with this. If this does happen, I do hope that a Colvin/Nady platoon takes Fukudome's spot in RF. But, at the same time, if this does happen, I will officially have the worst luck with player shirts in the past year. Ramirez sucks, Bradley is gone, Harden is gone, and Fukudome would be gone.
Eh I still have a ****ing authentic piece of **** Prior jersey.

damnit.

Yagyu+
06-15-2010, 12:18 AM
This deserves its own thread. Jilly Bohnson should go ahead and post it.

1908_Cubs
06-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Go Jilly, go Jilly, Go.

toovey107
06-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Who is this Jilly Bohnson character?

Jilly Bohnson
06-15-2010, 12:21 AM
:hi5:

IMO this is premature. You want to see what Colvin is capable of before getting rid of Fuku.

I think it's fine as long as you don't move him for pennies on the dollar. We want to see what Colvin can do and that means playing every day. If we can either get out of his contact or get something good back I'll be down.

Jilly Bohnson
06-15-2010, 12:26 AM
This deserves its own thread. Jilly Bohnson should go ahead and post it.

Damn straight

Vandelay16
06-15-2010, 12:38 AM
I would like to see Fukudome go somewhere so Colvin can get the playing time. We really don't need 5 outfielders.

shrek
06-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Colvin needs more playing time. Perfect time to move Fukudome

Cubs420
06-15-2010, 12:45 AM
I hope we move him, we all know the story on Fukudome... A beast in April and then a bum the rest of the year.. That little fact along with his contract will probably make him hard to move.. But we should at least try, Its time for Colvin to start everyday.

toovey107
06-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Why are people so god damn ignorant?

windycityD
06-15-2010, 12:57 AM
I hope we move him, we all know the story on Fukudome... A beast in April and then a bum the rest of the year.. That little fact along with his contract will probably make him hard to move.. But we should at least try, Its time for Colvin to start everyday.

Yeah, we all know the story. The very important subplot of that story is that he's well proven that he wont ever hit for even good avg & wont ever hit more than 15 HRs. He will take walks (he's on pace to get to 70-80 BB this season) & give you solid OBP, though (career .367 OBP). Also, when not doing the whirling dervish swing- which by the way, he has cut down on this season so far- he wont K at a truly horrible rate in relation to the walks. They call that kinda hitter on a team that has no real lead off hitter, well, a lead of hitter. The problem for Colvin is that unless you play him at 1b some, as well as keep mixing in LF & RF, he wont get significantly increased ABs to "see what he has."

redwhitenblue
06-15-2010, 01:05 AM
See: Other Fukudome thread showing you that you are wrong.

Doogolas
06-15-2010, 01:53 AM
Honestly, just move him. April is over. He's not likely to be much better than what even Kirel thinks Colvin will dot he rest of the year. And I don't mean that as a knock on Kirel, I point it out because he seems to have the lowest... belief in Colvin of anyone on the forums. And even the numbers he's thrown up there are a bit better than what Fuku usually does from June through Sept.

redwhitenblue
06-15-2010, 02:32 AM
Honestly, just move him. April is over. He's not likely to be much better than what even Kirel thinks Colvin will dot he rest of the year. And I don't mean that as a knock on Kirel, I point it out because he seems to have the lowest... belief in Colvin of anyone on the forums. And even the numbers he's thrown up there are a bit better than what Fuku usually does from June through Sept.

Fukudome's OPS in July and August of 2009 was over .900

I know many don't recognize because they pretty much wrote off 2009, but Fukudome was not the "big first half, invisible second half" player like 2008. His second half of 2009 was better than his first half. And his biggest struggle (September) was while he was given notably more PA's than any other month.

Doogolas
06-15-2010, 02:46 AM
Fukudome's OPS in July and August of 2009 was over .900

I know many don't recognize because they pretty much wrote off 2009, but Fukudome was not the "big first half, invisible second half" player like 2008. His second half of 2009 was better than his first half. And his biggest struggle (September) was while he was given notably more PA's than any other month.

And for his career he is great in April, above average in May and July and below average to awful in June, August and September. All I'm saying is that Colvin can probably match that type of production. Last year he was a .780 guy from today's date to the end of the year with bad defense in CF. His defense this year has not been very good and Colvin is looking great in the corner. If Colvin can give us a .750OPS, save us a good $10MM assuming we eat some salary and keep playing great defense, it's a perfectly fine move to trade Fukudome.

redwhitenblue
06-15-2010, 03:12 AM
And for his career he is great in April, above average in May and July and below average to awful in June, August and September. All I'm saying is that Colvin can probably match that type of production. Last year he was a .780 guy from today's date to the end of the year with bad defense in CF. His defense this year has not been very good and Colvin is looking great in the corner. If Colvin can give us a .750OPS, save us a good $10MM assuming we eat some salary and keep playing great defense, it's a perfectly fine move to trade Fukudome.
By "for his career" you mean 2008. I mean, let's be honest because I'm not sure how you can say his 2009 August line of .287/.398/.506/.904 is below average or awful. You said his July is above average even though he was pretty awful in 2008 in July and very, very good in 2009 in July. And now you're using 2 seasons, one horrible and one very, very good, but you're stressing one over the other. For instance, from this time last year to the end of the season, Fukudome posted two months of OPS's over .900. And in September, when many guys need more rest and rosters are expanded, he was forced to play MORE.

The only month's he's really struggled in both his 2 years are June and September (even though he did put up a respectable but not great .789 OPS in June 2008)

I'm not saying yes or no to trading Fukudome, it's completely dependant on what you can get. But the "Fukudome only hits in the first half" crap has to stop. It's just not true.

It's going to be rough when Fukudome is dealt and Colvin gets a few months of full-time play. I'd be surprised if Colvin can hold a .750 OPS, the K rate just doesn't make it likely. Not to mention, playing full-time I don't see Colvin's D in RF being better than Fukudome's. Colvin's arm is average at best while Fukudome's is above average. Range is similar.

I'm hoping Brett Jackson gets this much backing when/if he gets to the majors.

Doogolas
06-15-2010, 03:20 AM
No, his career meaning 08 and 09. One **** year and one good one still add up to mediocre. And honestly, that's not necessarily true. If he's a .200 to .220ISO guy a .750 even with 30% K's isn't unlikely. I mean you're talking about .250/.300/.450 that right there is a .750. That's not that unreasonable.

Milnertime
06-15-2010, 03:31 AM
No, his career meaning 08 and 09. One **** year and one good one still add up to mediocre. And honestly, that's not necessarily true. If he's a .200 to .220ISO guy a .750 even with 30% K's isn't unlikely. I mean you're talking about .250/.300/.450 that right there is a .750. That's not that unreasonable.
Don't pretend like you don't know that 2 years is far from enough of a sample to call him a "first half player."

Plus, his first season was his first in America, first in the big leagues. He was technically a rookie, although I would hold him to a higher standard due to his many professional seasons in Japan. Many a rookie has struggled to hit for a full season in the big leagues.

So, let me ask, if he has another good second half, is he still a first half player?

The way I see it, the jury's still out on how Fukudome handles the the second part of the season.

Doogolas
06-15-2010, 03:46 AM
Don't pretend like you don't know that 2 years is far from enough of a sample to call him a "first half player."

Plus, his first season was his first in America, first in the big leagues. He was technically a rookie, although I would hold him to a higher standard due to his many professional seasons in Japan. Many a rookie has struggled to hit for a full season in the big leagues.

So, let me ask, if he has another good second half, is he still a first half player?

The way I see it, the jury's still out on how Fukudome handles the the second part of the season.

I never called him a first half player. I said overall he's going to be better in the first half than the second. Jesus Christ. He's probably going to give something like a .770 or so OPS the rest of the way. I think Colvin giving a .750, saving us money and giving us what looks to be a better glove makes Fukudome worth trading.

I even ****ing pointed out that Fukudome had a .780OPS from TODAY'S DATE in 09 until the end of last year. And it's likely he'll put up something like a .770 to .780 again.

You are aware that triple slash line I threw up was what COLVIN can do right? Fukudome will obviously not be a .200ISO guy.

Milnertime
06-15-2010, 04:06 AM
I never called him a first half player. I said overall he's going to be better in the first half than the second. Jesus Christ. He's probably going to give something like a .770 or so OPS the rest of the way. I think Colvin giving a .750, saving us money and giving us what looks to be a better glove makes Fukudome worth trading.

I even ****ing pointed out that Fukudome had a .780OPS from TODAY'S DATE in 09 until the end of last year. And it's likely he'll put up something like a .770 to .780 again.

You are aware that triple slash line I threw up was what COLVIN can do right? Fukudome will obviously not be a .200ISO guy.
Don't get so defensive, bro. You know I'm not some dummy here trying to get under your skin.

I just think you're shorting Fukudome a bit based on the fact that we don't have much to go on with Fukudome.

He's been a great hitter in April for 3 years, decent in May for 2 of 3 years, really ****** in June for 1 and a half years, really good in July and August one year and bad in another, and reallly really really ****** in September both years he's been here.

I'm not saying you can't think what you want. I think you're giving a pretty fair assessment of the situation in terms of what you think will happen. However, it's not outside the realm of imagination that he outperforms your projection. He did just that for a big chunk of the 2nd half last year. His September was so bad that it made him look just mediocre for the entire 2nd half, when in fact, he was damn good for a lot of it.

The Cubs could definitely use a .900 OPS in July and August, even if he doesn't do it in September.

Doogolas
06-15-2010, 04:14 AM
Don't get so defensive, bro. You know I'm not some dummy here trying to get under your skin.

I just think you're shorting Fukudome a bit based on the fact that we don't have much to go on with Fukudome.

He's been a great hitter in April for 3 years, decent in May for 2 of 3 years, really ****** in June for 1 and a half years, really good in July and August one year and bad in another, and reallly really really ****** in September both years he's been here.

I'm not saying you can't think what you want. I think you're giving a pretty fair assessment of the situation in terms of what you think will happen. However, it's not outside the realm of imagination that he outperforms your projection. He did just that for a big chunk of the 2nd half last year. His September was so bad that it made him look just mediocre for the entire 2nd half, when in fact, he was damn good for a lot of it.

The Cubs could definitely use a .900 OPS in July and August, even if he doesn't do it in September.

It's more likely that he won't just have great and ****** months. He is more likely to just be a .770OPS type guy. I think saving money and seeing what Colvin's got is perfectly worth giving up Fukudome. At least not continue to have such extremes. :shrug: In the end he gives us what he gives us. Which I think is a .770 or so going forward. And i think it's worth looking into seeing what he can give us.

And I wouldn't have gotten so defensive if you didn't throw words into my mouth.

Milnertime
06-15-2010, 05:39 AM
And I already said I agreed with that.

I didn't throw words into your mouth, at all. I'm not really interested in turning this into a "he said" argument, but when I used quotes in my previous post, I wasn't quoting you, I was using them as if I were saying "a so called first half player."

Mell413
06-15-2010, 08:59 AM
I don't have a problem with them looking to move him based on the money he is owed. This team as is is probably not going to make a run and if they do Kosuke won't be the main reason most likely. I don't mind seeing what Colvin has.

I think San Diego is probably our best bet since that team is in need of offense. I think the White Sox wouldn't be a bad option either. They need a leadoff guy and he would improve their defense.

I do wish the "he's only a first half player" nonsense would stop though. He had a good second half last year and that's with a bad September. Also I think it's too early to say his defense has declined. It's only been 61 games in so it's probably too early to tell. He's knocked off 2 runs since the last UZR update so I would guess he's getting better. I don't think he was awful in center. Below average, but not awful. I think awful should be used for guys like Ellsbury last year and Edmonds in 08. Fukudome IIRC was 6 runs below average so he's still starter material there IMHO.

cowboydoc45
06-15-2010, 09:03 AM
I don't have a problem with them looking to move him based on the money he is owed. This team as is is probably not going to make a run and if they do Kosuke won't be the main reason most likely. I don't mind seeing what Colvin has.

I think San Diego is probably our best bet since that team is in need of offense. I think the White Sox wouldn't be a bad option either. They need a leadoff guy and he would improve their defense.

I do wish the "he's only a first half player" nonsense would stop though. He had a good second half last year and that's with a bad September. Also I think it's too early to say his defense has declined. It's only been 61 games in so it's probably too early to tell. He's knocked off 2 runs since the last UZR update so I would guess he's getting better. I don't think he was awful in center. Below average, but not awful. I think awful should be used for guys like Ellsbury last year and Edmonds in 08. Fukudome IIRC was 6 runs below average so he's still starter material there IMHO.

Boston could also be a good target. The Sox have a couple of OF on the DL, and Cameron is playing injured... Fukudome>Hermida

Grifter
06-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Eh I still have a ****ing authentic piece of **** Prior jersey.

damnit.

I have you both beat. I have a Nomar jersey.

EPIC FAIL!

1908_Cubs
06-15-2010, 09:47 AM

Okay. So now he's medioce? Before he was (and I quote) "awful" in July, August and September.

Which is it?

The jury is still fully out on Fukudome being a first half player. That said I still would like to trade him if possible. But only if it's possible. If not, he's a good player, great defensively in RF, and a .780 OPS'er with the defensive prowess he shows in RF is a valuable player. I don't want to give him up for nothing.

semperfi
06-15-2010, 10:00 AM
It would be nice to get a leadoff candidate back for Fukudome.

Str1fe5
06-15-2010, 10:25 AM
2 + seasons and roughly 1400 PA gives us a pretty decent indicator of true talent level. The standard deviation is still a bit high - but Fukudome is something close to a career .260/.370/.410 hitter for his career up to this point. He's a career 1000 OPS in April and is only above an .800 OPS one other month - July. To characterize him as a decided first half performer is certainly not definitive, but to say that his production drops off noticeably after April is probably accurate at this point. The problem is he's 33 and his defense has dropped off from 2008, as he has played fairly poorly in RF through the first third of this season and played terribly in CF in 2009. With roughly 21 million left owed to him over the next 1 2/3 seasons, I don't see how the Cubs get out from under his contract. A sub 800 OPS with volatile defensive ability at a non premium defensive position @ the age of 33 is not that valuable. The more I think about it, the more I think Colvin should be sent to AAA and Fukudome should play out the rest of the string until the deadline to try to boost his value a little bit - maybe he has another great July - and then just bring Colvin up to play every day in August and September. Otherwise I see us paying a good chunk of Fukudome's salary for very little in return given his recent struggles.

BDawk4Prez
06-15-2010, 10:29 AM
It would be nice to get a leadoff candidate back for Fukudome.

What would you suggest with the options thrown out there?

scrubs101
06-15-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm sure teams are lining up!

pacofunk64
06-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Bout time...I'd be ok with him staying but he's only going to get worse, it's a proven fact. He's a good defender so sit him as our bench guy unless someone miraculously takes him.

Doogolas
06-15-2010, 11:11 AM
I have you both beat. I have a Nomar jersey.

EPIC FAIL!

I have both.

Doogolas
06-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Okay. So now he's medioce? Before he was (and I quote) "awful" in July, August and September.

Which is it?

The jury is still fully out on Fukudome being a first half player. That said I still would like to trade him if possible. But only if it's possible. If not, he's a good player, great defensively in RF, and a .780 OPS'er with the defensive prowess he shows in RF is a valuable player. I don't want to give him up for nothing.

Well he WAS awful in the months I mentioned. Which were not July, August and Sept, they were May, June and September. With July being one of his good months and August being one of his mediocre ones. But uh, sure, just make **** up. That's cool. He is likely to be mediocre from this point forward is what I said. And why does everyone think I said first half player? Where is that coming from? I never said that. I said he's BETTER in the first half. Which, even last year he was. He was just not awful in the second half last year. He's likely a mediocre player going forward. That is not in any way an unreasonable statement.

1908_Cubs
06-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Well he WAS awful in the months I mentioned. Which were not July, August and Sept, they were May, June and September. With July being one of his good months and August being one of his mediocre ones. But uh, sure, just make **** up. That's cool. He is likely to be mediocre from this point forward is what I said. And why does everyone think I said first half player? Where is that coming from? I never said that. I said he's BETTER in the first half. Which, even last year he was. He was just not awful in the second half last year. He's likely a mediocre player going forward. That is not in any way an unreasonable statement.

below average to awful in June, August and September.

How did I make anything up?

hrubes20
06-15-2010, 11:27 AM
This might be a deal where we can package a more valuable piece with Fook in order to get a deal done. I'm guessing Hendry is looking at simply cutting salary, rather than receiving decent prospect compensation in this deal, so I could see a Fook deal that included Gorz for some team's 14th, 20th, and 27th best prospects, or something like that, where we pay half of what is left of Fook's 2010 salary and 5 million of it in 2011. As always, if we paid a little more of the salary, the prospect compensation would be better, but I don't think that would even enter Hendry's mind.

mg420
06-15-2010, 11:44 AM
This might be a deal where we can package a more valuable piece with Fook in order to get a deal done. I'm guessing Hendry is looking at simply cutting salary, rather than receiving decent prospect compensation in this deal, so I could see a Fook deal that included Gorz for some team's 14th, 20th, and 27th best prospects, or something like that, where we pay half of what is left of Fook's 2010 salary and 5 million of it in 2011. As always, if we paid a little more of the salary, the prospect compensation would be better, but I don't think that would even enter Hendry's mind.

i would like to see them trade both lilly & fuke and get a replacement for lee @ 1B for next year. there is really no place for a leadoff hitter unless they trade byrd also. i guess 2B might be a possibility but fontenot is hitting well and they have several guys in the minors like watkins and lee who may be ready in a few years. even trading silva now when he has the most value might be wise. they could then put gorzo & cashner in the rotation to replace silva & lilly.

ReJo
06-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Keep him

redwhitenblue
06-15-2010, 01:02 PM
You're assuming his .200-.220 IsOP can be kept, which isn't exactly a simple task.

That's a pretty large assumption to make.

semperfi
06-15-2010, 01:22 PM
What would you suggest with the options thrown out there?

I'd suggest Hendry pull a rabbit out of his ***.

BDawk4Prez
06-15-2010, 01:31 PM
I'd suggest Hendry pull a rabbit out of his ***.

Which one would you suggest?

Rabbit 1 (http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo63/jallenjr911/imagesCAPL0AX0.jpg) or Rabbit 2 (http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo63/jallenjr911/images.jpg)?

Heyyo1900
06-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Can we send Theriot with him as well? Maybe Gorzo, Theirot, and Fukudome for something of value (aka Jake Peavy :D)?

ggross
06-15-2010, 02:15 PM
I have both.

I have a Nomar, Bradley and Fukudome jersey. please kill me.

CubbieSteve
06-15-2010, 02:32 PM

Ouch.

Though I wouldn't mind having a Nomar jersey as he is probably my favorite player of all time.

I only have two jerseys, Soriano and Zambrano. I bought the Zambrano jersey before the start of the year, let's just say I haven't worn that one too much...

I'm just going to have to sack up and buy a Castro jersey as it seems he'll be here for a long, long time.

man man
06-15-2010, 02:39 PM

I'm scared for you, sir.

jdgrabo
06-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Fook's contract has no trade protection. Limits to where he'll go. Per Cot's:

4 years/$48M (2008-11)

signed by Cubs as a free agent from Japan 12/12/07
$4M signing bonus
08:$6M, 09:$11.5M, 10:$13M, 11:$13.5M
no-trade protection
club must sign Fukudome to an extension by 11/15/2011 or release him, allowing him to become a free agent
award bonuses: $0.3M each for MVP, WS MVP, $0.2M for LCS MVP, $0.1M Silver Slugger, $75,000 each for Gold Glove, All Star

perks: 8 first-class round-trip air tickets between Japan and Chicago for family each year, personal trainer, masseuse, interpreter, visa expenses, $25,000 annually in moving expenses, vehicle during spring training and regular season
Fukudome to make annual donation to club charity
agent: Joe Urbon

ML service: 2.000

Jilly Bohnson
06-15-2010, 02:59 PM

If you get a Vitters or Jackson jersey when they come up I will come after you :laugh2:

dyceman
06-15-2010, 03:02 PM

Me too (sigh); it was pretty expensive at the time...bought as soon as it was available. I'll stick to buying Bears' jerseys...:(

ggross
06-15-2010, 03:12 PM
If you get a Vitters or Jackson jersey when they come up I will come after you :laugh2:

OK! Well, I did curb the urge to splurge on a Castro jersey because of this!

Also because of my bad luck run (which also includes Pie and Prior T-Shirts) - I waited until after the finals to get my Duncan Keith jersey!

ggross
06-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Ouch.

Though I wouldn't mind having a Nomar jersey as he is probably my favorite player of all time.

I only have two jerseys, Soriano and Zambrano. I bought the Zambrano jersey before the start of the year, let's just say I haven't worn that one too much...

I'm just going to have to sack up and buy a Castro jersey as it seems he'll be here for a long, long time.

I was one of the happiest guys on earth when they got Nomar. ****!!

Tehjosha
06-15-2010, 03:17 PM

:laugh2: This is the ultimate fail, and why I don't buy jerseys with players names and numbers on the back.

I'll stick with my alternate blue jersey with no name on the back.

kjundo
06-15-2010, 04:02 PM
:laugh2: This is the ultimate fail, and why I don't buy jerseys with players names and numbers on the back.

I'll stick with my alternate blue jersey with no name on the back.

you can always go the cheesy route and just put your last name on the back

Jilly Bohnson
06-15-2010, 04:06 PM

Also because of my bad luck run (which also includes Pie and Prior T-Shirts) - I waited until after the finals to get my Duncan Keith jersey!

Haha well thank you. Feel free to get a Pujols though ;)

Marlin Bystro
06-15-2010, 04:33 PM

Do us all a favor and don't get a Castro jersey. Thanks.

Str1fe5
06-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Hate to do this to you buddy, but:

2009 First Half: .251/.367/.421 -.768 OPS
2009 2nd Half: .267/.384/.421 - .805 OPS

I still got your back though:

I have both.

It's more likely that he won't just have great and ****** months. He is more likely to just be a .770OPS type guy. I think saving money and seeing what Colvin's got is perfectly worth giving up Fukudome. At least not continue to have such extremes. :shrug: In the end he gives us what he gives us. Which I think is a .770 or so going forward. And i think it's worth looking into seeing what he can give us.

And I wouldn't have gotten so defensive if you didn't throw words into my mouth.

That's every post Doogs made this thread. Not once did he say ANYTHING about being a first half only player. Or that he sucked in the second half. So people can stop quoting Doog and using him as a launching pad to make a grand point about the "myth of first half Fukudome."

Doogolas
06-15-2010, 05:11 PM

That's every post Doogs made this thread. Not once did he say ANYTHING about being a first half only player. Or that he sucked in the second half. So people can stop quoting Doog and using him as a launching pad to make a grand point about the "myth of first half Fukudome."

Greatly appreciated. :D Even if you did ***** slap me.

But I meant to refer to April. He did his "AMAZINGGODLIKE" April thing last year. He did have the two very good months though, I didn't realize how terrible he was in May and June last year. The splits pages on BR weren't working properly for me last night. Kept saying there was some internal error. I'd assumed he was OK those months last year.

Clearly I was wrong. :(

Milnertime
06-15-2010, 05:16 PM

It's probably my fault that Doogolas is attached to the "first half player" business, but like I explained before, I wasn't quoting him directly, I was just wrapping quotes around the phrase to denote that it was not what I was calling Fukudome, much like what I just did in this paragraph, above.

Randall Simon
06-15-2010, 06:42 PM

I have a Cutler jersey...a Broncos Cutler jersey :facepalm:

semperfi
06-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Which one would you suggest?

Rabbit 1 (http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo63/jallenjr911/imagesCAPL0AX0.jpg) or Rabbit 2 (http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo63/jallenjr911/images.jpg)?

Preferably this Rabbit. (http://www.2flashgames.com/2fgkjn134kjlh1cfn81vc34/flash/f-Evil-Bunny-2890.jpg)

semperfi
06-15-2010, 06:47 PM
I have a Cutler jersey...a Broncos Cutler jersey :facepalm:

Better than a Tim Tebow Jersey.

BDawk4Prez
06-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Preferably this Rabbit. (http://www.2flashgames.com/2fgkjn134kjlh1cfn81vc34/flash/f-Evil-Bunny-2890.jpg)

Access denied?