PDA

View Full Version : Big Three should be Fab Four

JasonJohnHorn
06-14-2010, 07:50 PM
The last two seasons Rondo has stepped up his game huge, averaged a triple-double in the playoffs last year and posted crazy numbers this year in the post season, especially against Cleveland, the team with the best record.

So I think its safe to say now that he is as important to Boston's winning or losing as the bif three.

So I'm thinking Boston's fans should start referring the guys as the fab-four (rondo, Garnett, Pierce and Allen).

how about it. Lets start give rondo as much love as we give Pierce, Garnett and Allen.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2010, 07:56 PM
um, it should be considered Rondo's team period. He is clearly their best player now. But if we must continue giving props to the old timers, then yes, its the big 4

Mplsman
06-14-2010, 08:04 PM
^Well said.

i.got.the.nutz
06-14-2010, 08:20 PM
it should stay the big 3 - rondo, pierce, garnett

SteveNash
06-14-2010, 08:40 PM

This, Allen has had too many terrible games.

gwrighter
06-14-2010, 09:30 PM
We should wait and see who wins the championship. If Boston wins, then i think we should call them the Fab Four.

AI4MVP
06-14-2010, 09:33 PM
its the big three, but the big three are considered below rondo tho. Its just Rondo and the Big Three. Thats what its called

DenButsu
06-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Do we really have to give them a nickname at all? Why can't they just be the "Boston Celtics"?

brandonwarne52
06-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Do we really have to give them a nickname at all? Why can't they just be the "Boston Celtics"?

This.

The ESPN snazzing up and dumbing down is why I don't watch that channel anymore.

JasonJohnHorn
06-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Come on, great combo players deserve nick names, like chris Mullen, Mitch Ritchmond and Tim Hardaway were Run TMC. Or like the Pistons were "The Bad Boys" and Chris Webber's MS team was the 'fab five', or the 80's Lakers were the "Showtime Lakers", and stockton and malone were.... stockton and malone.

Super.
06-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Just calling us the Celtics works...

JermanJaysFan
06-15-2010, 12:31 AM
Big three:

Rondo = 1.0
Pierce = 1.0
Garnett = 0.5
Allen = 0.5

tr4shb0t
06-15-2010, 12:50 AM
fickle four seems a better fit

The Jokemaker
06-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Why not include Perkins in the mix too? Make it the Fantastic Five. Throw in Doc Rivers and you got Doc Oc and the Fantastic Five.

B-Ray
06-15-2010, 01:09 AM
The Fab Four are John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr .

GunFactor187
06-15-2010, 01:25 AM
It should be Rondo's Fifteen, kinda following that Ocean's Eleven name theme.

Kyben36
06-15-2010, 01:35 AM
NO, because one allways doesnt show up, thus, its 3, Garnett, allen and peirce are all so old, they have nights where they cant do anything. Rondo is the only consistant player on that team now.

Lindystud36
06-15-2010, 01:43 AM
The Fab Four are John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr .

Or Jeter, Posada, Petitte, Mo

clutchski
06-15-2010, 01:50 AM
The Big Three have kind of slowed down anyway..more like the "Okay Three" + A point guard that works his *** off every night.

Caps1989
06-15-2010, 01:54 AM
as soon as they start to pronounce their team name right. Kel-tic!

ChiBulls91
06-15-2010, 01:55 AM
or we could just call them The Celtics since they actually play as a team

ldc62
06-15-2010, 02:18 AM
No way... Big one (Rondo).

ilovemyangel
06-15-2010, 10:30 AM
i rather it be the big three and rondo. becoz rondo is a new generation type of player while the big three are more of the older generation. sounds more appropriate.

kozelkid
06-15-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm just amazed that some people here believe that Rondo is better than Pierce.
At this point Rondo is the second best player...
As for the nickname, there shouldn't be any big 3 or fab 4. There whole starting lineup has quality players. They were called the big 3 back when Rondo and Perkins were weak links. That isn't the case anymore so they are simply a team...

BALLER71
06-15-2010, 11:05 AM
How about you remove Ray Allen from the Big Three and put in Rondo? That's the new big three. :)

Super.
06-15-2010, 11:34 AM
No way... Big one (Rondo).

Who dropped 27 points last game? 18 pts and 10 rebounds is pretty good too.

As NBS said it in the Celtics Anthem....the Huge Four

Chronz
06-15-2010, 12:50 PM
The insidious six

pebloemer
06-15-2010, 01:10 PM
The insidious six

Who is your sixth?

RadiantShot
06-15-2010, 01:11 PM
http://distractible.org/wp-content/plugins/RndmImgs/Captain%20Obvious%20evil%20scientist%202.jpg

johnwayne
06-15-2010, 01:16 PM
lmao....i bet the big 3 laugh about conversations like this......you wouldnt know who the **** rajon rondo was if it wasnt for the big 3.....you guys notice how the patriots threw matt cassell into an easy situation and people "thought" he was good then went to kc and got exposed....if Rondo were to ever play on a team other than the celtics he would be EXPOSED....****in raymond felton would be an allstar if he played with the big 3. teams dont plan around rondo they plan around the big 3 enabling rondo to look good.....QUESTION: did anybody know who Rajon Rondo was before the big 3????????

cp3
dwilliams
nash
parker
billups
rose
evans
kidd

would all put up better numbers than rondo if they switched teams...WAKE UP!

RadiantShot
06-15-2010, 01:20 PM
lmao....i bet the big 3 laugh about conversations like this......you wouldnt know who the **** rajon rondo was if it wasnt for the big 3.....you guys notice how the patriots threw matt cassell into an easy situation and people "thought" he was good then went to kc and got exposed....if Rondo were to ever play on a team other than the celtics he would be EXPOSED....****in raymond felton would be an allstar if he played with the big 3. teams dont plan around rondo they plan around the big 3 enabling rondo to look good.....QUESTION: did anybody know who Rajon Rondo was before the big 3????????

cp3
dwilliams
nash
parker
billups
rose
evans
kidd

If I can recall, Rondo's actually leading his team to a possible NBA Championship, while all those other guys you have named are sitting at home watching him. You can say, "If" all you want. If, IF, IF, IF, IF. Stop. Rondo is arguably a top 3 point-guard in the league now, and will be considered maybe even 'the best.' Rondo's led the team through the whole season, and even now in the Playoffs. Without him, they wouldn't have made it past Round 2.

sjubinville
06-15-2010, 01:20 PM
or we could just call them The Celtics since they actually play as a team

You've read my mind, maaan!!! TEAMS wins championship, not individuals... As for tonight, C's by 10... Number 18, here it comes!!!

pebloemer
06-15-2010, 01:24 PM

cp3
dwilliams
nash
parker
billups
rose
evans
kidd

Actually yes. He had an exceptional game against the Raptor that I watched and I was very impressed with both him and Al Jefferson at that point...

And even if people didn't... How dare people not follow a young rookie that was drafted post-lottery, played on one of the worst teams in the league and was given 20 minutes a game...

You are right, there is no chance that a player like Rondo can actually improve his game after his rookie season. People not noticing who he was as a rookie proves this. All his success if because defenses continue to ignore him and his affect on the game.

I'm not sure it is everyone else that needs to wake up...

johnwayne
06-15-2010, 01:26 PM
If I can recall, Rondo's actually leading his team to a possible NBA Championship, while all those other guys you have named are sitting at home watching him. You can say, "If" all you want. If, IF, IF, IF, IF. Stop. Rondo is arguably a top 3 point-guard in the league now, and will be considered maybe even 'the best.' Rondo's led the team through the whole season, and even now in the Playoffs. Without him, they wouldn't have made it past Round 2.

I'm not going to get into one of these nerdy internet arguments...you have your opinion, i have my mine.....but u have to wonder.....do opposing teams and players consider rondo a top 3 player??? or is it just the no-name, opinionated, uninformed fans who sit at the house and play coach on the lazyboy???? i will laugh so hard when rondo doesnt have all his help anymore, as sure as i am that the sun will rise in the morning, rondo will be exposed as an "average" point guard, as im sure the rest of the nba will be laughing with me because real basketball players know he's only shining because of the big 3

johnwayne
06-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Actually yes. He had an exceptional game against the Raptor that I watched and I was very impressed with both him and Al Jefferson at that point...

And even if people didn't... How dare people not follow a young rookie that was drafted post-lottery, played on one of the worst teams in the league and was given 20 minutes a game...

You are right, there is no chance that a player like Rondo can actually improve his game after his rookie season. People not noticing who he was as a rookie proves this. All his success if because defenses continue to ignore him and his affect on the game.

I'm not sure it is everyone else that needs to wake up...

He had an exceptional "game"...you mean "game" without the s, just 1??? wooooowwww I take back everything I said!......and u hit the nail on the head...he played with one of the worst teams in the league and NOBODY knew who he was...doesnt that tell u something???.......and it's "effect" on the game....not "affect".....I cant take you seriously when u dont know basic grammer.

RadiantShot
06-15-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm not going to get into one of these nerdy internet arguments...you have your opinion, i have my mine.....but u have to wonder.....do opposing teams and players consider rondo a top 3 player??? or is it just the no-name, opinionated, uninformed fans who sit at the house and play coach on the lazyboy???? i will laugh so hard when rondo doesnt have all his help anymore, as sure as i am that the sun will rise in the morning, rondo will be exposed as an "average" point guard, as im sure the rest of the nba will be laughing with me because real basketball players know he's only shining because of the big 3

Nerdy arguments...?
Are you implying you're losing...?
And I promise you, the opponents DO consider Rondo a top 3 point-guard. Until Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Jason Kidd, and all those other great guards earn their ring, leading their team to the title, Rondo is considered better. Look what he's done for them. If anyone can put a team on their back like Rondo has, hell, give em' a medal. When Rondo doesn't have his help, which he barely even has right now, with his inconsistent "Big Three," he'll still be racking up his numbers. I don't see why he wouldn't do BETTER in an environment where he NEEDS to score more, and put up more assists, when clearly, he's already doing just that. He's scoring, getting assists..Tearing up the opposing team's point-guard, and and shows no regard for human-life.

pebloemer
06-15-2010, 01:41 PM
He had an exceptional "game"...you mean "game" without the s, just 1??? wooooowwww I take back everything I said!......and u hit the nail on the head...he played with one of the worst teams in the league and NOBODY knew who he was...doesnt that tell u something???.......and it's "effect" on the game....not "affect".....I cant take you seriously when u dont know basic grammer.

Didn't realize I was in English class. The hypocrisy is astounding by the way given the grammar in your post. :facepalm:

You asked: "has anyone heard of Rondo before the big three?" Me watching an exceptional game from Rondo had me take note. So yes I had heard of him. I never proclaimed him to be the second coming of Magic Johnson, so stop exaggerating my post to try and make your point.

It does not tell me anything that a rookie drafted late first round, who was traded to the Celtics - a team that got crushed by injuries in Rondo's rookie season - and only recieved 20 mpg had a sub par rookie year. And the fact that it was a tough season has 0 influence on my opinion of Rondo in the present because he has improved drastically. I prefer to evaluate players based on how they are playing now, not 4 years ago.Your argument is so incredibly weak here I'm not sure how you could possibly be trying to defend it so adamantly...

I also strongly question your point that opponents ignore Rondo. You do realize the Lakers adjusted their plan to have Kobe guard Rondo as he was a bigger threat than Allen don't you?

ilovemyangel
06-15-2010, 02:54 PM

bro, you have your point. i agree that nobody knows who rondo was before the big three. the big three has helped him grow and now he's coming into his own. and yes, people have taken different paths in their careers. d-will and cp3 were pretty special in their own rights when they came into the league, rondo wasn't but now he has grown to the point where people are starting to put him in the discussion among the best point guards. i'm sure that he will continue to improve now that he gets going and when the big three aren't around anymore he will continue to impact the game in a big way.

NYKstateOFmind
06-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Ya there just the Celtics . Takes a whole team not just 3 people

cmellofan15
06-15-2010, 06:30 PM

you're one of these guys arguing that a guy who averages a double double and leads the league in steals is average. you're also arguing that a guy who can carry his team in the postseason without scoring is average. more evidence going against you than there is for you.

and by the way how is it you know so much about how pro basketball players think?

Cromedome
06-15-2010, 06:49 PM

G R A M M (A) R. :facepalm::D

Maybe you were thinking of Kelsey Grammer? LMAO.

dtmagnet
06-15-2010, 06:55 PM
um, it should be considered Rondo's team period. He is clearly their best player now. But if we must continue giving props to the old timers, then yes, its the big 4

Bingo.

johnwayne
06-16-2010, 05:04 AM
G R A M M (A) R. :facepalm::D

Maybe you were thinking of Kelsey Grammer? LMAO.

YIKES!....I humbly resign LMAO

NJDEVS24
06-17-2010, 10:42 AM

I completely disagree with everyone here about Rondo. Hell if I was a the pg for the celtics I'd be great too, he creates and dishes the ball of to Ray Allen, Pierce, Garnett, it's ridiculous. He can create and drive to the hoop and he plays very good defense. But can we all atleast agree that he can't shoot the ball? Why do you think the lakers weren't within 10 feet of him in Game 6 and what happened? He went 5-13 and the lakers blew them out in all facets of the game.