PDA

View Full Version : Will the Nets be something special soon?

Run&Gun
06-14-2010, 07:31 PM
I've always looked at the Nets roster and felt that they were pretty good on paper, and looking at this summer I think they have the best chance out of all the teams this summer to improve the most.
Yes they had the worst season in the NBA, but look at the young pieces they have and could get very soon.

You've got Harris who I think is a bargain for 8 millions a dollars a year, still one of the fastest players in the NBA, plays defense and can get to the rim at will.

CDR is a pretty good all around scorer good player for the second unit

Terrence Williams Athletic freak, I say Igoudola 2.0 with less ball handling skills and shooting skills, but he's got good court vision, plays defense terrific team player

Courtney Lee could be the next Raja Bell if improves his basketball IQ and learns his role on his team

Yi Jialian I think still has an outside chance of being a pretty good he just needs to be a better rebounder and defender.

Brook Lopez rising all star, could be the next Tim Duncan all that he's missing is passing ability.

Let's not forget they have huge cap space still and they have the 3rd pick the NBA, they just need to get a better outside shooter to spread the floor more for Lopez and another Veteran or two to lead the team. What does everyone else think?

The ChiCago KiD
06-14-2010, 07:37 PM
doubt it.....thats all for now...run along.

fadedmario
06-14-2010, 07:40 PM
They have some good players. But some of those draft picks they've been picking the last 4 years will need contracts soon. They need to get some pieces this off-season to be playoff bound.

fadedmario
06-14-2010, 07:42 PM
If they get Gay (Memphis) this off-season, that will help.

The Jokemaker
06-14-2010, 07:46 PM
I think they definitely have the talent, desire, and ability to be something special very soon. As in next season's Thunder or Grizzlies (both had huge turnaround seasons). They have young talent without any albatross contracts and a good coach who likes to play defense. That's a recipe for an up and coming team. Especially if they manage to get a guy like Evan Turner.

Klivlend
06-14-2010, 07:50 PM
They certainly have some key pieces in place. I don't think they'll contend in the near future, but it is not unreasonable to anticipate a playoff birth as early as next year. More realistically, playoffs are probably 2 to 3 years away. But, Avery Johnson is a great regular season coach, so who knows. They will be a fun up and coming team to watch

netsgiantsyanks
06-14-2010, 07:50 PM
not trying to be a homer or anything, but they will be something special soon just as long as they go back to what they were like in the early to mid 2000's, i'll be happy

NYtilIdie
06-14-2010, 07:51 PM
I would say yes, but after seeing them last season I say no.

Now with Avery Johnson as their coach I give them some hope.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Lopez is awesome, Harris is above average, Williams looks like a nice transition player who could end up a defender, but they need a talent upgrade at the other 12 players, badly. I will reserve judgement on them until after the draft and after free agency.

97NYer
06-14-2010, 07:59 PM
They need to keep Harris and Lopez. Not crazy about Yi or Courtney Lee.

fadedmario
06-14-2010, 08:02 PM
You nets fans would like Rudy Gay.

Ragun
06-14-2010, 08:10 PM
the nets do have young talented players...they do have a bright future. the young guys need to keep developing and get better.

Kakaroach
06-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Soon as in how soon? If the player they draft makes a good impact and they get a decent FA, not necessarily one of the big 5 but maybe Gay or Boozer, I could see them making the playoffs next year under Avery Johnson.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
06-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Terrence Williams will be an all-star within the next 3 years.

mikantsass
06-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Draft Favors
Sign LBJ
Sign Ray or Joe

Harris
Johnson/Ray
LBJ
Favors
Lopez

RipVW
06-14-2010, 08:20 PM
I think the team already has something special. Avery Johnson and Mikhail Prokofiev make a nice couple. Avery's a lucky guy. Prokofiev has beautiful eyes for a man. I bet they move in together very soon. ;-]

SaimoNETS
06-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Behind the Bulls, I think the Nets are the best place to go if you wanna win multiple championships. But whether or not we get major FAs or not, I think we'll be fine.

Sports Illustrator
06-14-2010, 09:00 PM
I definitely think they will be a great team soon, the time will depend on what they do this summer though.

Judging by what we know and what they have, they may even bounce back to pushing for the playoffs. They have the 3rd overall pick, salary cap, Brook lopez already one of the most solid Centers in the NBA already, Devin harris and Terence Williams. The guys that I mentioned, with the right coach they will all excel. Surely enough, I consider Avery Johnson as an excellent coach. He already coached Devin Harris before, so I see no problems there.

King P
06-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Nets have a great future. Many people disagree cause they don't want it to be true. But we have a solid young team and will make the playoffs within 2-3 years.

masalex1205
06-14-2010, 09:03 PM
I think the Nets need one more lottery trip after this one before they can make a run in the playoffs

spoonhoops
06-14-2010, 09:38 PM
The Nets could dramatically improve their rankings with some veteran upgrades.

bmac_121
06-14-2010, 09:44 PM
They have a good young core in Devin Harris, Terrence Williams and Brook Lopez. A few more pieces and they can compete for a play off spot at least

topdog
06-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Who knows?! We've got a whole summer left of moves to even see what the 2010-11 version of the Nets will look like.

The Russian and the Little General are a good start but Harris and Brook are the only major pieces I see in place on the court.

tdunk21
06-14-2010, 10:15 PM
I've always looked at the Nets roster and felt that they were pretty good on paper, and looking at this summer I think they have the best chance out of all the teams this summer to improve the most.
Yes they had the worst season in the NBA, but look at the young pieces they have and could get very soon.

You've got Harris who I think is a bargain for 8 millions a dollars a year, still one of the fastest players in the NBA, plays defense and can get to the rim at will.

Terrence Williams Athletic freak, I say Igoudola 2.0 with less ball handling skills and shooting skills, but he's got good court vision, plays defense terrific team player

Courtney Lee could be the next Raja Bell if improves his basketball IQ and learns his role on his team

Yi Jialian I think still has an outside chance of being a pretty good he just needs to be a better rebounder and defender.

Brook Lopez rising all star, could be the next Tim Duncan all that he's missing is passing ability.

Let's not forget they have huge cap space still and they have the 3rd pick the NBA, they just need to get a better outside shooter to spread the floor more for Lopez and another Veteran or two to lead the team. What does everyone else think?

i just scrolled thru the page and saw tim duncan's name in that sentence and stopped reading this BS......:facepalm:

hopefully the nets will be 10 or 20 wins better than this season because of avery...../thread

uknowmyname
06-14-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm not a Nets fan, but they do have some good young talent. I think the best thing they could do would be to trade up to get Turner, you could give up Yi, or Lee and #3 in return. I think then they could have a shot at landing Amare, Bosh or Boozer. Plus get someone who is lights out from outside. This team would definitely make the playoffs next year. I can't believe they stunk so bad this year.

Robbw241
06-14-2010, 10:27 PM
We definitely have a chance to be something special. The key thing is time though. If people think we are going to be instant contenders in 1 or 2 years then they are fooling themselves. 4-5 years IMO we will be a top team but a lot has to happen between then and now.

Run&Gun
06-14-2010, 11:01 PM
i just scrolled thru the page and saw tim duncan's name in that sentence and stopped reading this BS......:facepalm:

hopefully the nets will be 10 or 20 wins better than this season because of avery...../thread

I think Lopez has a lot of similar skill sets as Duncan, but maybe a better comparison would be a shorter Yao Ming. But something to keep in mind is Lopez is now just 22 and he's as old as Duncan was when he started playing in the NBA. Point is he's pretty good and if anyone else on his team could score at a more consistent rate that team he would be opened up to be a lot more efficient.

Run&Gun
06-14-2010, 11:06 PM

I think Lopez has a lot of similar skill sets as Duncan, but maybe a better comparison would be a shorter Yao Ming. But something to keep in mind is Lopez is now just 22 and he's as old as Duncan was when he started playing in the NBA. Point is he's pretty good and if anyone else on his team could score at a more consistent rate that team he would be opened up to be a lot more efficient.

king4day
06-14-2010, 11:14 PM
If they get Wade or Lebron, then yes.
If they don't, then no. Missing out on Wall was a backbreaker.

JOSKOMANG4
06-14-2010, 11:20 PM
1) Sign SF/SG Lebron James to Max Contract

2) Trade W/Minnesota

- Nets acquire PF Al Jefferson & rights to PG Ricky Rubio from Wolves in exchanged for 2010 1st rd pick(3rd overall), SG C.Lee, PF K.Humphries, and future 1st rd pick.

3) Two Draft Picks!

27th overall: Lance Stephenson, SG Cincy
31st overall: Devin Ebanks, PF/SF West Virginia

Lineup:

C) B.lopez
PF) Al Jefferson
SF) CDR4
SG) L.James
PG) D.Harris

Bench:

SF/SG T.Williams
PG R.Rubio
SG/PG K.Dooling
PF/SF Yi
C/PF J.Boone
SG L.Stephenson(draft pick)
PF/SF D.Ebanks(Draft pick)

OA SLAY
06-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Derrick Favors n Lopez will be a force, if they can aquire a SG n bench they will make the playoffs with out a doubt.

Sadds The Gr8
06-14-2010, 11:32 PM
if Scott Skiles made the Bucks a playoff team this year, then Avery can probably do the same thing with the Nets next season.

kozelkid
06-14-2010, 11:36 PM

Lopez will NEVER be as good as Duncan. You look at Duncan you see one of the best defenders. Lopez maybe will become good. And then you look at rebounding, and Lopez is pretty bad for a 7 ft player. You can't just throw a comparison like that. Duncan is a top 10 player of ALL time. Lopez will be lucky if he becomes a top 10 player in the league. When I look at Lopez, I see maybe a Brad Daugherty, though I'm more willing to say Big Z in his prime. Lopez has ALOT of work to do on defense and rebounding.
Regardless, I agree, they potentially have a bright future, especially if they are able to somehow unload some contracts to have enough space for 2 free agents.

kozelkid
06-14-2010, 11:36 PM
if Scott Skiles made the Bucks a playoff team this year, then Avery can probably do the same thing with the Nets next season.

Bucks have a top 3 center in Bogut and Skiles is a much better coach than Avery.
Nets CAN make the playoffs though if they can fill up some of their major holes.

CowboysKB24
06-14-2010, 11:40 PM
no

Sadds The Gr8
06-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Bucks have a top 3 center in Bogut and Skiles is a much better coach than Avery.
Nets CAN make the playoffs though if they can fill up some of their major holes.

Wasn't it just this year he became a top 3 Center? Whose to say Lopez won't make a jump to become a top 3 Center in the league next season...

and can u prove Scott is a much better coach? I recall Avery having more success as a coach than Scott.

ldc62
06-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Terrence Williams will be an all-star within the next 3 years.

No he won't. Just because he got 1 triple double and decent stats on a bad team doesn't mean hes going to become an allstar. Hes a poormans JRich.

kozelkid
06-14-2010, 11:52 PM
Wasn't it just this year he became a top 3 Center? Whose to say Lopez won't make a jump to become a top 3 Center in the league next season...

Maybe he can't, but until he improves in rebounding and defense, I doubt it.
With that said, if Nets make the proper changes, sure.
I said it before, they do have talent, but they need some good role players as well.
To be honest, I think I'm a little confused with your original post. If you expect the Nets to make the playoffs with a similar roster as last year, then I'll tell you, "no way". Even Phil Jackson or Red Auerbach would have been unable to do that. That team pretty much had 3 huge holes at sg, sf and pf.

and can u prove Scott is a much better coach? I recall Avery having more success as a coach than Scott.

Considering Skiles has proven before he can lead unproven teams to the playoffs, yes.
Avery isn't a more successful coach. He was lucky to inherit a great team in Dallas. He's also the same guy who couldn't adjust his gameplan to a much inferior GSW team. Hell there's a reason he hasn't been a coach for more than 2 years.

dolphan
06-14-2010, 11:56 PM
maybe in 5 years with brook lopez molding into one of the best C in the league

Chill_Will_24
06-14-2010, 11:59 PM
The Nets and their 12w thing is overblown by ppl trying to convince themselves that Lebron would never go there. For all people know the Nets were tanking. I mean they played with no coach all year. They dealt with more injury to their starting lineup than any team. They played with no morale and to top it off they brought the best out of virtually every team they played because no team wanted the embarassment of losing to them. They blew out the Celtics at the TD Garden for Christ sake! No matter how people feel about it the Nets are an attractive spot for FAs this summer. Most people that ridicule the Nets never watched any of their games which i cant fault. But most of their wins werent blowouts. A handful of their losses were by game winning buzzer beaters courtesy of the likes of DWade. Im sorry but i see a very bright future ahead for this team

Sadds The Gr8
06-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Maybe he can't, but until he improves in rebounding and defense, I doubt it.
With that said, if Nets make the proper changes, sure.
I said it before, they do have talent, but they need some good role players as well.

Considering Skiles has proven before he can lead unproven teams to the playoffs, yes.
Avery isn't a more successful coach. He was lucky to inherit a great team in Dallas. He's also the same guy who couldn't adjust his gameplan to a much inferior GSW team. Hell there's a reason he hasn't been a coach for more than 2 years.

again, look at that Bucks roster this year. There's no way u predicted them to be any higher than 12th in the east. I had them last before the season. No-name players stepped up and played well for them (Ilyasova, Ridnour, Delfino.) Those guys were no-namers that were forced to be role players.

And Skiles can be criticized too. That Bulls team early last decade was supposed to be a young, up-and-coming team that would be a force to be reckoned with. After upsetting the Heat, Skiles failed to elevate the team to the next level the next few seasons and got fired. And regardless of both coaches' screw-ups...Avery has the better win% and has been more successful. I'm not saying he's a much better coach, I'm just saying that with him having a very similar coaching style to Skiles (fiery/aggressive), and also having alot of winning experience, there's a possibility of him leading a young team to overachieve and make the playoffs, like Skiles did.

kozelkid
06-15-2010, 12:24 AM
again, look at that Bucks roster this year. There's no way u predicted them to be any higher than 12th in the east. I had them last before the season. No-name players stepped up and played well for them (Ilyasova, Ridnour, Delfino.) Those guys were no-namers that were forced to be role players.

Not disagreeing. Goes to show how good of a coach Skiles is.

And Skiles can be criticized too. That Bulls team early last decade was supposed to be a young, up-and-coming team that would be a force to be reckoned with. After upsetting the Heat, Skiles failed to elevate the team to the next level the next few seasons and got fired.

Skiles failed because he is a coach who gets on his players' nerves. He can't handle egos or teams for a long enough time period. It's nothing new. He has major communication issues. Which is why I always thought he'd be better in the college game where he wouldn't have to deal with players for more than 4 years. It won't be long before Skiles gets the boot in Milwaukee either imo. However, what he has very good at is taking teams with no stars and turning them into playoff teams. He's great a preaching team defense. So when you really look at it, I don't think it's THAT surprising.

And regardless of both coaches' screw-ups...Avery has the better win% and has been more successful.

And as I told you, it helps inheriting a GREAT Dallas team.

I'm not saying he's a much better coach, I'm just saying that with him having a very similar coaching style to Skiles (fiery/aggressive), and also having alot of winning experience, there's a possibility of him leading a young team to overachieve and make the playoffs, like Skiles did.

Again, it goes back to my question. Are you referring to a similar team to last season or assuming the Nets make some improvements? I'm not even talking about getting a star, but merely some role players like a Miker Miller, Raja Bell, John Salmons or Usdonnis Haslem (just 4 quality role players off the top of my head).

carter15
06-15-2010, 12:42 AM
They are very close I think. 2 seasons ago when they had Vince along with the same roster as now, minus Lee and Williams, they were in the playoff hunt until the last week or so and only missed by a few games (like 4 or something).

They need a free agent though, whether it be Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay, Boozer or one of the bigger guys. If they get one of those and still add the 3rd pick, with the development of the young guys I can see an 8th seed next year or better depending on who they get.

Without a big free agent, it'll take another year or 2 still as they'd need that 3rd pick or Williams or Lee to really develop into a stud before. The pieces are there though, just got to use the cap space properly.

Sadds The Gr8
06-15-2010, 12:49 AM
Again, it goes back to my question. Are you referring to a similar team to last season or assuming the Nets make some improvements? I'm not even talking about getting a star, but merely some role players like a Miker Miller, Raja Bell, John Salmons or Usdonnis Haslem (just 4 quality role players off the top of my head).

I don't think it matters. I think they'll improve either way. Lopez has another year of experience, so does T-Will and CDR. And Harris will probably be motivated to play with a former coach. I think they could make a jump like the bucks did last year.

The Jokemaker
06-15-2010, 12:59 AM
The Nets clearly have a shot at the playoffs, this is the East after all. And I don't know if I agree that Bogut is a top 3 center in the league, he's good but come on, top three?

Nets have a coach with Finals and playoff experience who can definitely motivate these young kids and get them to play tough defense which will keep them close in most games (in theory). That is the mark of a team who is on the rise, especially with all that young talent they have. If those young guys turn the corner and improve, they'll definitely be fighting for a playoff spot. There's a lot of ifs but the future is bright for this team as opposed to say the Raptors.

Korman12
06-15-2010, 01:40 AM
The Nets clearly have a shot at the playoffs, this is the East after all. And I don't know if I agree that Bogut is a top 3 center in the league, he's good but come on, top three?

Nets have a coach with Finals and playoff experience who can definitely motivate these young kids and get them to play tough defense which will keep them close in most games (in theory). That is the mark of a team who is on the rise, especially with all that young talent they have. If those young guys turn the corner and improve, they'll definitely be fighting for a playoff spot. There's a lot of ifs but the future is bright for this team as opposed to say the Raptors.

Who else is above him aside from Dwight and and a healthy Yao?

DMasta718
06-15-2010, 01:53 AM
I could see the Nets becoming a playoff team. If not this season, then the next. If they make the right moves of course.

QU Bobcat
06-15-2010, 05:30 AM

Bogut's numbers are quite similar (in the ballpark) of Brook. So ease up on that Bogut is top 3 talk

LeBroom
06-15-2010, 05:46 AM
#1 Dwight Howard
#2 *Healthy Yao Ming
#3 David Lee
#4 Andrew Bogut
#5 Andrew Bynum
#6 Al Horford
#7 Brook Lopez

:)

magichatnumber9
06-15-2010, 07:02 AM
Lopez is the only championship type player on that team. Everyone else needs to go.

kombayn
06-15-2010, 07:22 AM
I like Devin Harris & Brook Lopez. They better hope somehow Evan Turner slips to them at #3 but that probably won't happen. They should draft Wesley Johnson after that since he's an NBA-ready player at the moment though Derrick Favors is looking like an interesting prospect. The Nets will rebuild in Free Agency, I expect Plan A to be LeBron James & Chris Bosh in sign-n-trade, Plan B to be Rudy Gay & Carlos Boozer and Plan C to be John Salmons & David Lee.

Hawkeye15
06-15-2010, 07:43 AM
1) Sign SF/SG Lebron James to Max Contract

2) Trade W/Minnesota

- Nets acquire PF Al Jefferson & rights to PG Ricky Rubio from Wolves in exchanged for 2010 1st rd pick(3rd overall), SG C.Lee, PF K.Humphries, and future 1st rd pick.

3) Two Draft Picks!

27th overall: Lance Stephenson, SG Cincy
31st overall: Devin Ebanks, PF/SF West Virginia

Lineup:

C) B.lopez
PF) Al Jefferson
SF) CDR4
SG) L.James
PG) D.Harris

Bench:

SF/SG T.Williams
PG R.Rubio
SG/PG K.Dooling
PF/SF Yi
C/PF J.Boone
SG L.Stephenson(draft pick)
PF/SF D.Ebanks(Draft pick)

I think Jefferson and Rubio are worth more than Favors, some crap, and a future pick where they have no clue what # it would be. You get LeBron, you are a 50 win team, so that pick sucks.

TheKing23
06-15-2010, 09:07 AM
#1 Dwight Howard
#2 *Healthy Yao Ming
#3 David Lee
#4 Andrew Bogut
#5 Andrew Bynum
#6 Al Horford
#7 Brook Lopez

:)

David Lee is awful defensively, much more so than Lopez. Bynum has only one healthy leg and looks like he's set to be one of the most injury plagued centers in the league. Horford is solid but will top out at 15/10 and provide a good defensive presence, nothing more.

I would take Brook Lopez above all of those guys. He's 22 years old and is already an 18/9 guy who could develop into one of the best shot blocking centers in the league.

Fundamentally he is superb and is a top 3 offensive center in the league behind (a healthy) Yao and maybe Bogut.

#1 Yao Ming (fully healthy)
#2 Dwight Howard
#3 Andrew Bogut
#4 Brook Lopez
#5 Al Jefferson
#6 Chris Kaman
#7 Al Horford
#8 Andrew Bynum
#9 David Lee
#10 Joakim Noah

Raoul Duke
06-15-2010, 10:03 AM
I think NJ definitely has some mad potential. I mean, yeah, they slipped to third in the draft, but what's the worst they could do? Favors or Turner? Oh noes!1!

Lopez is so cheap and young that I don't really care much where he ranks amongst his fellow C's. I'd love to have him in Detroit. Between the draft, the free agent market, and the young talent they already have... dude I'd kill a room full of kittens to have their future.

ilovemyangel
06-15-2010, 10:21 AM
the Nets are young, but young teams can also be good with good coaching, see Thunder. I think the Nets should keep harris and lopez, maybe yi jianlian if he continues to improve.

FOBolous
06-15-2010, 10:22 AM
the Nets have a very VERY talented roster. i honestly think they're a good coach away from being a good team and now that they got Avery Johnson....well let's just see if Avery Johnson deserved that COY award or not :)

kozelkid
06-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Bogut's numbers are quite similar (in the ballpark) of Brook. So ease up on that Bogut is top 3 talk

Bogut is a MUCH better defender and rebounder than lopez.

kozelkid
06-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Lopez is the only championship type player on that team. Everyone else needs to go.

What the hell does that even mean?
I'm sure plenty of people thought the same thing about Paul Pierce before the big 3.
Devin Harris was an allstar just last year. Courtney Lee proved to be a valuable player off the bench for Orlando last year. And T-Will has some potential. What they need is at least one good star player. Lebron would obviously be perfect, but it appears less and less likely. I think nets would be best off getting role players if they can't get Lebron or Wade (JJ and Gay are bad ideas for any team cause they will be crazy overpaid), and keep enough cap space for the Melo sweepstakes next offseason.

pebloemer
06-15-2010, 02:15 PM

I like T. Will, Lee, Harris and Lopez, but they could use a couple more good veteran players. I don't think Yi will amount to anything special and CDR could be an alright bench player, but I think that is it. They have a bright future with young talent, a high pick and financial flexibility though. But Lopez being the next Duncan is a bit to far fetched for me. Lopez is and will be very good - possible perrenial all-star, but Duncan is a legend IMO.

Dieselpi
06-15-2010, 02:46 PM
i think the entire east will get much better

JIDsanity
06-15-2010, 02:53 PM

According to what?

Anyway, Bogut is 3 years a a few months older than Brook, and has played in the league for five seasons already. He's maxed out, hes had one of his best seasons as a player last season, and surely he will duplicate it, but you need to hop off. He averages 15 points, and 10 Reb, solid numbers for a player with his experience. He's also injury prone.

Lopez was in his second season just turned 22, talks all the time about how much he needs to improve. He certainly has the room to do so considering how young he is, not having missed a single game in his 2 year career, averaging 18, and 8 last season and having ample room to improve I dont see how you can knock him so much. And since you want to talk defense lets see how good of a defender Lopez is when he's got Avery Johnson as his head coach, and Derrick Favors next to him next season.

Caps1989
06-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Special...ed..

JIDsanity
06-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Special...ed..

Your a funny guy. :rolleyes:

Ray_R
06-15-2010, 03:29 PM
I wont say elite but 5-7 seed in the future unless they pull out some big moves.

Oldmantrash
06-15-2010, 03:41 PM
It won't be until sometime in July before anyone knows how good the Nets can be next year.

I know we have the 3rd pick in the draft,and a GM with a great track record,so I do think they can be real good,real fast,but who really knows for sure yet.

Why are Bull fans the most arrogant on this site.
they haven't won since Jordan retired.

The Nets have made the finals twice since then.

Makes me hate them,when I never did before.

beasted86
06-15-2010, 03:56 PM
The Nets have a decent core of Harris, Lopez, and the #3 pick in the draft, plus later picks. They also have some solid prospects in Terrence Williams & Chris Douglas-Roberts, along with Yi & Courtney Lee as solid role players. They might strike out on LeBron, Wade, and Bosh, but they could still get one of the other free agents to sign.

They will be moving to a better market with a new arena, and they seem to have a good coach coming in with Avery Johnson, and a billionaire owner that seems committed to building the franchise up. The future is only bright for the Nets.

kozelkid
06-15-2010, 05:13 PM
According to what?

Statistics... Bogut averages more rpg and a higher reb rate.
Bucks are also a much better defensive team.

Anyway, Bogut is 3 years a a few months older than Brook, and has played in the league for five seasons already. He's maxed out, hes had one of his best seasons as a player last season, and surely he will duplicate it, but you need to hop off. He averages 15 points, and 10 Reb, solid numbers for a player with his experience.

:laugh2:
So a player just had his best season and he already "maxed" :rolleyes:
Interesting. No bias there.

He's also injury prone.

That's great, we are talking about on the court.

Lopez was in his second season just turned 22, talks all the time about how much he needs to improve. He certainly has the room to do so considering how young he is, not having missed a single game in his 2 year career, averaging 18, and 8 last season and having ample room to improve I dont see how you can knock him so much.

And yet Lopez has "ample room" to improve. I see what you did there. And what if I say he doesn't cause he was never considered a player with a high upside? Cause that's pretty much what you said about Bogut.

And since you want to talk defense lets see how good of a defender Lopez is when he's got Avery Johnson as his head coach, and Derrick Favors next to him next season.

I'd love to. Cause atm, Lopez has ALOT of work to do on that end.

kozelkid
06-15-2010, 05:14 PM
It won't be until sometime in July before anyone knows how good the Nets can be next year.

I know we have the 3rd pick in the draft,and a GM with a great track record,so I do think they can be real good,real fast,but who really knows for sure yet.

Why are Bull fans the most arrogant on this site.
they haven't won since Jordan retired.

The Nets have made the finals twice since then.

Makes me hate them,when I never did before.

What do Bulls fans have ANYTHING to do with the Nets situation. Sounds like baiting to me.

albertc86
06-15-2010, 05:14 PM
They are special. Did you see how many games they lost this year? It's not easy accomplishing that.

carter15
06-15-2010, 05:26 PM
People just have to look back to 2 years ago when Vince almost took this team to the playoffs, and since most people here don't think Vince is that great, then simply signing a guy like Joe Johnson or Boozer along with the #3 pick should be enough to get this team right back to the playoffs.

Chill_Will_24
06-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Like i said ignorance is the base of all Nets hate. No one watched their games last year except Nets fans so only we can see the true potential. But let me say this, i never saw Bogut fighting double or even triple teams on the court. Brook had the defense collapsing on him all year. And when Devin Harris had an old VC playing alongside him he made his first all star appearance. What leaps will these players make if they had a superstar drawing the defense all day? Lebron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vince Carter

beasted86
06-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Like i said ignorance is the base of all Nets hate. No one watched their games last year except Nets fans so only we can see the true potential. But let me say this, i never saw Bogut fighting double or even triple teams on the court. Brook had the defense collapsing on him all year. And when Devin Harris had an old VC playing alongside him he made his first all star appearance. What leaps will these players make if they had a superstar drawing the defense all day? Lebron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vince Carter

Well don't you think that's at least an itsy bitsy bit warranted being that the Nets just won 12 games this year?

When the Heat only won 15 games there was no talk of "hey we can sign 1 player and be a real force". :no: Our sentiment was "we need to scrap 75% of this team as quick as possible". That's the general sentiment of basically every team coming off a miserable year. The Wolves this year, Kings last year, the trend goes on. The Nets this summer, and Clippers last summer seem to be the only fans with this notion your pieces are/were good enough to win and you only need guys healthy and a decent coach to be a top team.

Just face the reality that your team really did suck... don't displace blame. As I said above, I do think the Nets have a bright future, but don't overstate the current value of your roster. The Nets even with LeBron & the #3 have basically no shot at a deep playoff run or top 6 record in the NBA.

Chill_Will_24
06-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Well don't you think that's at least an itsy bitsy bit warranted being that the Nets just won 12 games this year?

When the Heat only won 15 games there was no talk of "hey we can sign 1 player and be a real force". :no: Our sentiment was "we need to scrap 75% of this team as quick as possible". That's the general sentiment of basically every team coming off a miserable year. The Wolves this year, Kings last year, the trend goes on. The Nets this summer, and Clippers last summer seem to be the only fans with this notion your pieces are/were good enough to win and you only need guys healthy and a decent coach to be a top team.

Just face the reality that your team really did suck... don't displace blame. As I said above, I do think the Nets have a bright future, but don't overstate the current value of your roster. The Nets even with LeBron & the #3 have basically no shot at a deep playoff run or top 6 record in the NBA.

That, my friend is beyond wrong. Cavs without Lebron are little if any better than the Nets with a real coach. Add in Lebron and a third pick and you say were not even a top 7 team? Wow...

Da Knicks
06-15-2010, 06:06 PM
They will become the knicks little brothers in a couple of years you know the red head adopted kid. jk they do have nice pieces and avery is a hell of a coach.

Chill_Will_24
06-15-2010, 06:15 PM
They will become the knicks little brothers in a couple of years you know the red head adopted kid. jk they do have nice pieces and avery is a hell of a coach.

Thats a bold statement considering the Knicks are in a worse situiation than the Nets are. The only thing you guys got on them is the history. But history always starts somewhere and i think with their move to Brooklyn the Nets are set on starting theirs. I doubt the Knicks will hold as the top dog in NY for too much longer unless they do well this summer. Your not the Mecca anymore and your history... well thats all it is... history. No offense to the Knicks. But they have lots of improving to do and a lot more than two max deals is needed

Evolution23
06-15-2010, 06:22 PM
since its nets and not the knicks u guys will be spared the hate. but in all honesty the Nets will be a good team in the next 2 years

NYKstateOFmind
06-15-2010, 06:23 PM
The Nets have a lot of potential i believe they can become a mediocre team in about 2-3 years.

Chill_Will_24
06-15-2010, 06:25 PM
The Nets have a lot of potential i believe they can become a mediocre team in about 2-3 years.

A lot of potential but can become a mediocre team in a couple of years? Interesting... wait what?:confused:

Kakaroach
06-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Does anyone else think they could be a playoff team if they sign say Rudy Gay and Derrick Favors has a ROY type of season? The already have Harris, Lee, and Lopez.

kozelkid
06-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Does anyone else think they could be a playoff team if they sign say Rudy Gay and Derrick Favors has a ROY type of season? The already have Harris, Lee, and Lopez.

I think they can be a playoff team regardless if they get some solid role players. They just had WAY too big holes at sg, sf, and pf. Even decent role players should do the trick.
I also wouldn't expect Favors to have a ROY season. He's considered to be a project after all. Hell, imo, I think they are better off getting Cousins. He maybe a risk, but he has some mad potential if he can keep his head straight and would be a great combination with Lopez's mid range game.

beasted86
06-15-2010, 06:44 PM
That, my friend is beyond wrong. Cavs without Lebron are little if any better than the Nets with a real coach. Add in Lebron and a third pick and you say were not even a top 7 team? Wow...

No, you are not.

Maybe this is a difficult concept to understand... but to make it clear how much blame you are displacing, let me put it to you this way.... The Nets just won 12 games last season. The top 6 teams in the NBA had a record of 53 or more wins.

Can you really realistically without bias say that the current Nets + Avery Johnson + LeBron + 3rd pick will allow you to swing +41 wins with just those 3 upgrades?

You cannot be taken seriously if you really think that.

Yankees Suck
06-15-2010, 06:53 PM
The Nets will not be good for a few years. They are plain out awful.

Chi City23
06-15-2010, 06:57 PM
They will get sick of hearing Avery's voice and run him out of town after 2 years. They will become better than they were last year, but I think they'll be fighting for the 7th-8th playoff spot for the next 2 years and after that who knows.

kozelkid
06-15-2010, 07:02 PM
No, you are not.

Maybe this is a difficult concept to understand... but to make it clear how much blame you are displacing, let me put it to you this way.... The Nets just won 12 games last season. The top 6 teams in the NBA had a record of 53 or more wins.

Can you really realistically without bias say that the current Nets + Avery Johnson + LeBron + 3rd pick will allow you to swing +41 wins with just those 3 upgrades?

You cannot be taken seriously if you really think that.

You are looking at this too mathematically. You are assuming that the players are devoid of emotion. You don't think players simply quit after losing 18 in a roll? Most of which they were without Devin Harris btw. There is such a thing as motivation and I have no doubt in my mind that it's a big reason why they sucked. Also, all it takes is one player and the right combination to get a team on track. Case and point when Salmons joined Bulls in 08-09 or Bucks in 09-10. He's an average player yet those teams would have a pretty damn good record following the trade deadline. And a player like Lebron James alone is worth 15-20 wins(check his win shares if you don't believe me. Granted I'm not the biggest fan of that stat but it does generally show good evidence).
I have no doubt in my mind that if they were able to get Lebron, along with a 3rd pick and plug up some holes with decent role players with guys like Korver, Bell, Mike Miller, etc, that they would not only be a playoff team, but probably a top 4 team in the East at least.

Hell, I'd expect a Miami fan to know this as well as anyone when a guy like Wade can singhandedly lead a team to 40+ wins.

Kakaroach
06-15-2010, 07:10 PM
I think they can be a playoff team regardless if they get some solid role players. They just had WAY too big holes at sg, sf, and pf. Even decent role players should do the trick.
I also wouldn't expect Favors to have a ROY season. He's considered to be a project after all. Hell, imo, I think they are better off getting Cousins. He maybe a risk, but he has some mad potential if he can keep his head straight and would be a great combination with Lopez's mid range game. I guess you could make that case as well because the East is so poor at the bottom but I don't think they could make it by just adding role players.

beasted86
06-15-2010, 07:25 PM
You are looking at this too mathematically.

I actually think it's the other way around. People look at paper stats and automatically assume you get LeBron's stats PLUS Lopez's current stats, and Harris' stats from a year ago + Avery's immediate impact coaching wise.

That's not the way it works. Lopez, Harris, and the #3 pick will all be learning new roles on how to play off of a superstar and take a lesser role on the team, as well as all players combined learning a whole new system under a disciplined coach who really likes to be in charge and keep his players in line.

There's really a 0% chance the Nets would swing +41 wins with LeBron and a couple role players/rookies added. I'm sorry... that's just not the way the NBA works. Also a top 4 team in the East could very well not mean a lot next season, especially if some of these critical free agents join up on the same team and change around the power rankings. If LeBron leaves Cleveland is for sure out of the top 6 and that opens up a slot. The same with the Hawks and Joe Johnson.

jrm2054
06-15-2010, 08:24 PM
I actually think it's the other way around. People look at paper stats and automatically assume you get LeBron's stats PLUS Lopez's current stats, and Harris' stats from a year ago + Avery's immediate impact coaching wise.

That's not the way it works. Lopez, Harris, and the #3 pick will all be learning new roles on how to play off of a superstar and take a lesser role on the team, as well as all players combined learning a whole new system under a disciplined coach who really likes to be in charge and keep his players in line.

There's really a 0% chance the Nets would swing +41 wins with LeBron and a couple role players/rookies added. I'm sorry... that's just not the way the NBA works. Also a top 4 team in the East could very well not mean a lot next season, especially if some of these critical free agents join up on the same team and change around the power rankings. If LeBron leaves Cleveland is for sure out of the top 6 and that opens up a slot. The same with the Hawks and Joe Johnson.

dude you are wrong here with johnson as a coach add lebron to this team with devin harris who is a great point guard and lopez and a top pick u have a 41 game swing harris will get even better with bron and lopez would explode because no one would be able to double him or they would leave bron one on one plus the ppick the 12 win season was a result of a teasm that gave up had injurys and no coach the coach lost them early in the year and it was over right there i promise you they will be alot better this year withoutbron because he wnt be there and harris is used to playing under a star he did it in dallas under dirk

kozelkid
06-15-2010, 08:24 PM

And yet the Celtics went from second worst to first by adding 2 stars.
Yes, 2 is better than one, but this is the MVP we are talking about who could very well be a top 10 player of all time and has had some of the best seasons already, ever.
You underestimate just how lacking the Nets were and just how bad of an image the record gives them. Once again, losing has a snowball effect most of the time.
And again, how is it that Wade was able to make that big of a swing with a new coach/system and Heat went from a 16 win team to 40+.

beasted86
06-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Yes, 2 is better than one, but this is the MVP we are talking about who could very well be a top 10 player of all time and has had some of the best seasons already, ever.
You underestimate just how lacking the Nets were and just how bad of an image the record gives them. Once again, losing has a snowball effect most of the time.
And again, how is it that Wade was able to make that big of a swing with a new coach/system and Heat went from a 16 win team to 40+.

So are you are saying LeBron + #3 and role players = Prime Garnett + Allen and role players?

:facepalm:

I'm sorry, I guess we just have a difference of opinion. Anyway, we'll see how much progress the Nets make next year. I guess we can write it off as general optimism any fan would have........ but I always find it funny when fans displace the blame of how weak their roster was and expect them to suddenly be 100% better the following year.

All in all though, the Nets have a better future to look forward to.

VinceCarter
06-15-2010, 08:41 PM

I give you a :facepalm: for never watching Brook Lopez play. If you watched him you would obviously see the potential this newly turned 22 year old has.

VinceCarter
06-15-2010, 08:44 PM
A lot of potential but can become a mediocre team in a couple of years? Interesting... wait what?:confused:

Knick fan......he's in denial.

dtmagnet
06-15-2010, 08:56 PM
They just need to stay the course and keep drafting smart, they've got good young talent but I don't think its the right time to go out and spend on a free agent.

The Jokemaker
06-15-2010, 09:00 PM

Well this debate really can't end since its all opinion but I'd have Bogut in top ten, maybe top 5 but not top 3.

Dwight Howard is the number one obviously
Then Yao
After Yao it gets more opinion based but I have Kaman after that.
Then Brook
Then Al Jeff
Then Bogut
Then Gasol (Marc)
Then Bynum

Chill_Will_24
06-15-2010, 09:50 PM

I can honestly say you are the most unbiased fan on this site. You and i ahve had disagreements on how good Lopez can be. You are by no means a Nets fan but yet you know what your talking about. :clap: This team is by no means the front runner to get Mr Bron but the idea that this team would not be a 50w team with him and Derrick Favors is just silly. Lebron made JJ Hickson look like a star, he will make Favors into a ROY candidate. I also agree with your Psychology reference. Not only did this team play with absolutely no morale, they also brought the best outta opposing teams. What team wants to lose to the worst team? None. So teams played harder against them.

beasted86
06-15-2010, 10:47 PM
I can honestly say you are the most unbiased fan on this site. You and i ahve had disagreements on how good Lopez can be. You are by no means a Nets fan but yet you know what your talking about. :clap: This team is by no means the front runner to get Mr Bron but the idea that this team would not be a 50w team with him and Derrick Favors is just silly. Lebron made JJ Hickson look like a star, he will make Favors into a ROY candidate. I also agree with your Psychology reference. Not only did this team play with absolutely no morale, they also brought the best outta opposing teams. What team wants to lose to the worst team? None. So teams played harder against them.

Just like the Heat played their hardest against them the last game of the season when Spoelstra pulled Wade, O'Neal, and Haslem from the rotation, and went with his bench, right? :eyebrow:

They did almost everything to lose the game in the first 2 overtimes, yet still the Heat somehow won.

Also this falls precisely in line with my whole displacing blame line.... similarly if the players know they are the worst and have no shot of doing anything, won't they similarly tend to play with no effort? You completely overlooked that side of things... shouldn't they directly share that blame? No excuses, they were just really bad.

... but the future can only get brighter. You have a new owner, new proven coach, the #3 pick and another late 1st round pick, and the 3rd highest cap space in 2010 free agency... You do have some nice pieces already, but just don't overstate the roster and/or current players.

Chill_Will_24
06-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Just like the Heat played their hardest against them the last game of the season when Spoelstra pulled Wade, O'Neal, and Haslem from the rotation, and went with his bench, right? :eyebrow:

They did almost everything to lose the game in the first 2 overtimes, yet still the Heat somehow won.

Also this falls precisely in line with my whole displacing blame line.... similarly if the players know they are the worst and have no shot of doing anything, won't they similarly tend to play with no effort? You completely overlooked that side of things... shouldn't they directly share that blame? No excuses, they were just really bad.

... but the future can only get brighter. You have a new owner, new proven coach, the #3 pick and another late 1st round pick, and the 3rd highest cap space in 2010 free agency... You do have some nice pieces already, but just don't overstate the roster and/or current players.

True. I remember that game. It was ugly. Both teams sat out their starters. The Nets players were not even trying. Last game of the season. But if your gonna nitpick on specific games then its not worth debating because if thats how you wanna do it, the Nets blew out the Celitics at the TD Garden in Boston! Every team has horrible games every now and then

The Jokemaker
06-15-2010, 11:19 PM
You can't focus too much on the win loss record but instead focus on the TALENT on the nets and their new coaching staff and attitude to win. They now have a new owner who WANTS to win, a coach who can prove he can win, and a new high draft pick. Those alone are three great pieces. Not to mention the current talent on the team which is better than most would think. They don't have any huge awful contracts crippling the team or traded their draft picks away in awful trades years ago. They're in fine position to keep acquiring talent, improving, and becoming a playoff team. The Nets are in position to make a Thunder-like leap this next season or two. This is a future is bright team. Whether they'll achieve it or not is unknown but the key part is they HAVE that potential.

VinceCarter
06-15-2010, 11:25 PM
]You can't focus too much on the win loss record but instead focus on the TALENT on the nets and their new coaching staff and attitude to win. They now have a new owner who WANTS to win, a coach who can prove he can win, and a new high draft pick. Those alone are three great pieces. Not to mention the current talent on the team which is better than most would think.[/B] They don't have any huge awful contracts crippling the team or traded their draft picks away in awful trades years ago. They're in fine position to keep acquiring talent, improving, and becoming a playoff team. The Nets are in position to make a Thunder-like leap this next season or two. This is a future is bright team. Whether they'll achieve it or not is unknown but the key part is they HAVE that potential.

:clap:

PraiseJesus
06-15-2010, 11:33 PM
No the Nets will not amount to anything.

This new owner is a KOOK with an enormous ego. He has no idea about American culture or professional Basketball.

I have looked at some of his decisions so far and I am not impressed in the slightest. The biggest laugher is that he brought in some guy from the NBA Euro league and he said he is grooming him to be the GM.... LOL.

I started a thread about this in the Nets forum and I got an infraction.

I honestly think this guy is gonna make one bad decision after another until he gets bored with the team and stop caring all together.

I know Nets fans are excited.... go ahead and be. But I think it would be wise to temper that excitment and see what kind of decisions he makes.

Avery Johnson was a good hire, but there are ALOT more moves to be made before this team can ever compete for anything.

The best news for him is that the Nets can literally not do any worse.....

But thats just my opinion on the guy. He is an egotistical kook without a clue what the NBA or America is about. He is already thinking about a name change I can't wait to see what he comes with, the Brooklyn Soviets??? lol.

The Jokemaker
06-15-2010, 11:43 PM

This new owner is a KOOK with an enormous ego. He has no idea about American culture or professional Basketball.

I have looked at some of his decisions so far and I am not impressed in the slightest. The biggest laugher is that he brought in some guy from the NBA Euro league and he said he is grooming him to be the GM.... LOL.

I honestly think this guy is gonna make one bad decision after another until he gets bored with the team and stop caring all together.

I know Nets fans are excited.... go ahead and be. But I think it would be wise to temper that excitment and see what kind of decisions he makes.

Avery Johnson was a good hire, but there are ALOT more moves to be made before this team can ever compete for anything.

But thats just my opinion on the guy. He is an egotistical kook without a clue what the NBA or America is about. He is already thinking about a name change I can't wait to see what he comes with, the Brooklyn Soviets??? lol.

Have to say, there could be a worse owner than a Russian "Kook" like i dont know, Donald Sterling. I'll take a guy who wants to win over a cheap *****.

Chill_Will_24
06-15-2010, 11:49 PM

Stop hating man. What would Jesus say?

VinceCarter
06-15-2010, 11:51 PM

He has turned a Moscow team around into champions and he is a business man....a successful business man. 39th richest man in the world successful. He does not have $13+ billion dollars for being a "kook".

PraiseJesus
06-15-2010, 11:57 PM
He has turned a Moscow team around into champions and he is a business man....a successful business man. 39th richest man in the world successful. He does not have $13+ billion dollars for being a "kook".

I know what you mean, but a guy like that thinks he knows everything.

In the NBA there is thing called a salary cap.

I don't care how much money he has. You can't sign free agents if you are over the cap.

Winning in the NBA happens through good drafting, good player development, and good trades.

Not money.

kozelkid
06-16-2010, 12:04 AM
So are you are saying LeBron + #3 and role players = Prime Garnett + Allen and role players?

:facepalm:

I don't believe I said they'd be NBA champions. But they would at LEAST be a playoff team, without a doubt in my mind. Lebron is one of those few players capable of leading pretty much any team to the playoffs from the East, along with Wade. Hell, let me ask you this question, you take Wade away from Miami, do you REALLY think Miami without Wade could take on the Nets? I sure as hell don't, or at least it would be very close. Which goes to show how much of an impact guys like Lebron and Wade can make.

I'm sorry, I guess we just have a difference of opinion. Anyway, we'll see how much progress the Nets make next year. I guess we can write it off as general optimism any fan would have........ but I always find it funny when fans displace the blame of how weak their roster was and expect them to suddenly be 100% better the following year.

Of course I do. It's a team that has clearly went all in for the Lebron sweepstakes. They pretty much had Devin Harris (injured much of the season, Lopez, Lee, 2 mediocre role players in CDR and T-will and the rest was pretty much expiring garbage. Just getting good role players alone should make them competitors for a playoff spot assuming Harris can stay healthy.

kozelkid
06-16-2010, 12:05 AM
I give you a :facepalm: for never watching Brook Lopez play. If you watched him you would obviously see the potential this newly turned 22 year old has.

Ya, um, I hate to break it to you, but therer is a VERY good chance that he isn't going to be a Tim Duncan. That statement absolutely deserved a facepalm. Doesn't he mean he can't be a quality player. However, comparing a good player to a top 10 of all time is ridiculous.

kozelkid
06-16-2010, 12:07 AM

Dieselpi
06-16-2010, 09:17 AM
potential is great but it doesnt put you at the top of the pile of centers unless you do something with that potential. Look at eddy curry, at one point had all the potential and praise in the world now he is a total waste of space.

beasted86
06-16-2010, 12:02 PM
I don't believe I said they'd be NBA champions. But they would at LEAST be a playoff team, without a doubt in my mind. Lebron is one of those few players capable of leading pretty much any team to the playoffs from the East, along with Wade. Hell, let me ask you this question, you take Wade away from Miami, do you REALLY think Miami without Wade could take on the Nets? I sure as hell don't, or at least it would be very close. Which goes to show how much of an impact guys like Lebron and Wade can make.

Of course I do. It's a team that has clearly went all in for the Lebron sweepstakes. They pretty much had Devin Harris (injured much of the season, Lopez, Lee, 2 mediocre role players in CDR and T-will and the rest was pretty much expiring garbage. Just getting good role players alone should make them competitors for a playoff spot assuming Harris can stay healthy.

Don't get me wrong at all. I know for SURE the Nets with LeBron & the #3 would be a playoff team... I never doubted that. The point I am debating is whether they would be a top team in the NBA, and a title contender like some of you are trying to make it seem.

Also, the Heat already beat the Nets without Wade.... twice... and both times the entire Nets roster was healthy and in the lineup.

Finally, like I said, maybe we just have a difference of opinion. I think there's no chance the Nets only add the #3 and some role players this summer and would be a playoff team. You are displacing too much blame on injury and coaching. The Nets are no where near a playoff team. They have some solid players who could be all-stars just like the Knicks with Lee & Chandler/Gallo, the Pacers with Granger, the 76ers with Igoudala & Lou, etc... But just because you have a couple good players doesn't mean you are close to being a playoff team. They wouldn't be any more of a "competitor" than any of those teams are. They wouldn't be favored to make the playoffs by any analyst next year by just adding rookies & role players. But then again, anything can happen as seen with the Bucks.

oak2455
06-16-2010, 12:21 PM
You nets fans would like Rudy Gay.

Fans not to be mean but they were last in attendance:confused:

xxplayerxx23
06-16-2010, 01:16 PM

OK he may be a better defender by a lot he is older then brook so brook can learn how to be a beter defender and lopez will be a better rebounder this year even last year bogut wasnt that much better then lopez. LOpez has more Upside and is a better scorer. And i think i saw something that said you see bogut as a better center then lee. Yeah lee is undersized and cant play d at center but lee is a better rebounder and a beter scorer Bogut is not a top 3 center.

#1 Dwight howard
#2 Yao Healthy
#3 David lee!
#4 Andrew bogut (If andrew Bynum was healthy he wouldnt be top 5 next year because Lopez is taking over the #4 spot this year

Chill_Will_24
06-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Ya, um, I hate to break it to you, but therer is a VERY good chance that he isn't going to be a Tim Duncan. That statement absolutely deserved a facepalm. Doesn't he mean he can't be a quality player. However, comparing a good player to a top 10 of all time is ridiculous.

I agree. Tim Duncan is Brook Lopez's idol. Thats the only time i wanna see Tim Duncans name next to Brook Lopez. Lopez can be great. But lets wait before you start comparing him to the best PF to ever play the game.

Chill_Will_24
06-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Fans not to be mean but they were last in attendance:confused:

Well duh!!!! Who wants to go to see a game where the atmosphere is :horse: and :cricket: with a surround sound of :violin: and the little audience they had looking like this :pity: :sleep: :cry: :puke:

Not to mention their last arena was a dead zone in the middle of nowhere that was almost impossible to get to