PDA

View Full Version : Wade: "I want to be in Miami"

goeatfish63
06-14-2010, 04:02 PM
As the July 1 opening of the NBA's free-agent shopping spree draws near, Dwyane Wade says he will start off by looking for the best player to join him with the Miami Heat, rather than searching for the franchise where he would best fit.

"It's going to be fit with me first," Wade said. "I've made that very clear. Do I want to leave? Nope. Mmm-hmm. I want to be in Miami. That's where it starts."

Wade attended Game 5 of the NBA Finals in Boston with his two sons, because at ages 8 and 3 they have no memories of their father's run to the championship with the Heat in 2006 -- and because the recollections are beginning to get hazy for Wade himself after failing to get past the first round of the playoffs in the past four seasons.

While he has said he will talk to other players and got the NBA world buzzing with his concept of a "free-agent summit" he said, "I don't do recruiting. Not now, anyway."

"I don't look at it as recruiting. I'll gauge and see if guys want to be [in Miami], who wants to be with me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5283536

Hawkeye15
06-14-2010, 04:03 PM
I am glad he is saying this. Miami needs to move quickly to get him some help. I loved watching playoff Wade, and want to see him playing meaningful games again.

jackdawson
06-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Love him. Can't wait for July 8.

NYtilIdie
06-14-2010, 04:07 PM
In other news Kobe is going to retire a Laker.

mikantsass
06-14-2010, 04:08 PM
This is new news?

td0tsfinest
06-14-2010, 04:12 PM
why was Wade at the game yesterday? it was kinda weird seeing him there.

SeoulBeatz
06-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Dwyane Wade is not gonna leave that beautiful miami weather.

i remember in an interview, when asked by Charles Barkley "Dwyane, what's it going to take to keep you in Miami, what do u love about Miami most?"

his answer...

"Do you see this weather? why would i ever leave that. its great here".

i feel like everytime he answers the question he always says "the weather", never "the fans, the glory" always the weather. lol

thescore53
06-14-2010, 04:22 PM

cause he 's begging bosh to play with him

jackdawson
06-14-2010, 04:22 PM

Because his ego is not as big as other superstars. He doesn't mind to watch exciting finals and watch glory of winning a title. After all, he knows how it tastes like.

He was also at Orlando during last year's final.

thescore53
06-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Dwyane Wade is not gonna leave that beautiful miami weather.

i remember in an interview, when asked by Charles Barkley "Dwyane, what's it going to take to keep you in Miami, what do u love about Miami most?"

his answer...

"Do you see this weather? why would i ever leave that. its great here".

i feel like everytime he answers the question he always says "the weather", never "the fans, the glory" always the weather. lol

he already has a ring, he just wants to stay with his bro's and ho's

NYKnickFanatic
06-14-2010, 04:24 PM
So let me get this straight, he wants to be in Miami?

Got it.

NYKnickFanatic
06-14-2010, 04:26 PM

Cause he's begging Bosh to play with him?

Ohhh, so that is why he was at the LAKERS vs. CELTICS game.

Makes sense now...

SA5195
06-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Well he's been saying this for a while. Not any shocking news.

thescore53
06-14-2010, 04:27 PM

Makes sense now...

:o i forgot the game was in boston not lA... where bosh is now

jackdawson
06-14-2010, 04:28 PM

Makes sense now...

:laugh::laugh2:

NYKnickFanatic
06-14-2010, 04:32 PM
:o i forgot the game was in boston not lA... where bosh is now

Lol. Oh ok. :)

C_Mund
06-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Because his ego is not as big as other superstars. He doesn't mind to watch exciting finals and watch glory of winning a title. After all, he knows how it tastes like.

He was also in Orlando during last year's final.

"Don't you want a taste of the glory?
...see what it taste like?"
-Nacho Libre

td0tsfinest
06-14-2010, 04:35 PM

That makes no sense what so ever. Bosh is on the opposite coast.

He was also in Orlando during last year's final.

Thats understandable. He's a fan of the game as much as he is a player.

_Supreme_
06-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Yes, despite what the garbage Chicago/NY/BSPN media have tried to make you believe the whole past season, Wade has been saying this exact thing forever and all along.

And he was at the Finals game to take his kid(s) to their first Finals game ever (according to his Twitter).

jackdawson
06-14-2010, 04:39 PM
"Don't you want a taste of the glory?
...see what it taste like?"
-Nacho Libre

http://www.clap.name/images/blog/d_wade.jpg

JOSKOMANG4
06-14-2010, 04:40 PM
With 23 million to spend...

1) Sign Carlos Boozer 5yr 70mill(14 mill)

2) S&T W/Rudy Gay

- Trade Beasley for Rudy Gay(5yr 55 mill)

3) Resign Q.Richardson(vets minimum), Carlos Arroyo(1.105 mill), J.O'Neal(MLE), U.Haslem(vets minimum), J.Anthony

4) Draft Picks:

41st: D.Butler, SF/SG West Virginia
42nd: Ryan Richards, F/C, England

Lineup:

C) J.Oneal
PF) C.Boozer
SF) R.Gay
SG) D.Wade
PG) M.Chalmers

Bench:

PF U.Haslem
SF/SG Q.Richardson
C J.Anthony
SG D.Cook
PG C.Arroyo
C R.Richards(draft pick)
PF S.Randolph
SF/SG D.Butler(Draft pick)

OT Thriller
06-14-2010, 04:42 PM
^^^^

Not Bad.

smith&wesson
06-14-2010, 04:46 PM
At least one major free agent is loyal enough to his team to say that he will remain with them.

lbj wouldnt do this and his team is way better then wades team.

Wade, i give you props homie .. you do what ever other free agent is scared to do and that is you show your comitment.

jackdawson
06-14-2010, 04:48 PM
At least one majore free agent is loyal enough to his team to say that he will remain with them.

Wade, i give you props homie .. you do what ever other free agent is scared to do and that is you show your comitment.

:clap::clap::clap:

Tony_Starks
06-14-2010, 04:52 PM
I respect what Wade is doing and has done. The whole time he's not played games with management and made it obvious his loyalty is to Miami. It makes it easier for Miami to manuever with free agents. He hasn't re-signed yet but at least potential FA's know if they sign he'll be there.

Some other big name FA should take notes... IF its really about winning in your city that is.

Tony_Starks
06-14-2010, 04:53 PM
At least one major free agent is loyal enough to his team to say that he will remain with them.

My bad i didn't see your post dog, just had the same thought.

but yeah he gets props definitely!

DerekRE_3
06-14-2010, 04:57 PM
I love D Wade.

Kakaroach
06-14-2010, 05:02 PM
So finally he says it. With all the recruiting he has done he's made it pretty obvious he is staying in Miami.

joe j.09
06-14-2010, 05:05 PM
stating the obvious, wade will be in miami next year with amare, bosh or boozer...everyone knows that

JordansBulls
06-14-2010, 05:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5283536

Well if the Heat didn't have cap space he wouldn't be saying this.

boolish
06-14-2010, 05:18 PM
wade is more about the benjamins than any of the other FA. he has his ring so he is not as concerned about his legacy.

smith&wesson
06-14-2010, 05:21 PM
My bad i didn't see your post dog, just had the same thought.

but yeah he gets props definitely!

Its all good brotha. were prolly thinking the same thing.

Its not every day one of these free agents come out and show comitment to theyre own team, allowing theyre general manager to focus on working on the rest of the the roster. unlike bosh and james who cause more confusion then clarity for theyre respective teams.

we both were thinking the same in that regard. and fosho he should get props. thats a leader in my opinion.

TheWatcher34
06-14-2010, 05:22 PM
i wana be in Miami, too.

thescore53
06-14-2010, 05:25 PM
stating the obvious, wade will be in miami next year with amare, bosh or boozer...everyone knows that

really ? what if boozer likes new york more or chicago, what if amare resigns what if bosh likes bigger markets like LA or nyk cause he is a media whore..

and please next time speak for yourself

thedfactor
06-14-2010, 05:51 PM
but...he'd accept a sign and trade to Dallas...haha

He's had much success in the Big D, won a title and an all-star MVP

J$mo0th_3o5
06-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Who doesn't? :)

NastyRud
06-14-2010, 10:58 PM

My guess is that he "wasn't" tryin 2 recruit Ray Allen.

The latest buzz has Ray Allen looking to bolt the Celtics when he becomes free on July 1 to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami......www.real**.com

thescore53
06-15-2010, 08:21 AM
My guess is that he "wasn't" tryin 2 recruit Ray Allen.

The latest buzz has Ray Allen looking to bolt the Celtics when he becomes free on July 1 to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami......www.real**.com

chris bosh is on the raptors silly :p

lavilevi23
06-15-2010, 08:47 AM
really ? what if boozer likes new york more or chicago, what if amare resigns what if bosh likes bigger markets like LA or nyk cause he is a media whore..

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700036953/Boozers-heart-beats-for-Miami.html

oh yea and also about Amare - he was bron and raised in Florida and has expressed interest in playing for the Heat.

thescore53
06-15-2010, 08:59 AM
amare has also said he will stay in pho if they offer him good money

BALLER71
06-15-2010, 09:22 AM
Everybody wants to be in Miami ;)

Wade_County
06-15-2010, 11:02 AM
With 23 million to spend...

1) Sign Carlos Boozer 5yr 70mill(14 mill)

2) S&T W/Rudy Gay

- Trade Beasley for Rudy Gay(5yr 55 mill)

3) Resign Q.Richardson(vets minimum), Carlos Arroyo(1.105 mill), J.O'Neal(MLE), U.Haslem(vets minimum), J.Anthony

4) Draft Picks:

41st: D.Butler, SF/SG West Virginia
42nd: Ryan Richards, F/C, England

Lineup:

C) J.Oneal
PF) C.Boozer
SF) R.Gay
SG) D.Wade
PG) M.Chalmers

Bench:

PF U.Haslem
SF/SG Q.Richardson
C J.Anthony
SG D.Cook
PG C.Arroyo
C R.Richards(draft pick)
PF S.Randolph
SF/SG D.Butler(Draft pick)

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

marlinsfan24
06-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Amare, Bosh, and Lebron will all take paycuts to join the Heat and play with Wade. Then next year Mello will accept the MLE from the Heat.

Wade
Melo
James
Bosh
Amare

LayZbone
06-15-2010, 11:11 AM
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700036953/Boozers-heart-beats-for-Miami.html

oh yea and also about Amare - he was bron and raised in Florida and has expressed interest in playing for the Heat.

Yeah there's little doubt in my mind the Boozer reeeeeeeally wants to play here. At the very least, we're looking at a duo of Boozer/Wade next season. That's the worst-case scenario. (I'm ruling out the possibility of Wade leaving :D)

Corey
06-15-2010, 11:21 AM
I've always thought that Wade is the most likely to stay out of all the free agents.

thescore53
06-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Amare, Bosh, and Lebron will all take paycuts to join the Heat and play with Wade. Then next year Mello will accept the MLE from the Heat.

Wade
Melo
James
Bosh
Amare

let me ask you something,, would actually give up money just for the chance to play in a super team

RaiderLakersA's
06-15-2010, 12:49 PM
I've always thought that Wade is the most likely to stay out of all the free agents.

I think Wade, Amare and Dirk are the most likely to stay put.

beasted86
06-15-2010, 01:14 PM

Throughout this whole thread you've done nothing but sound like a sourpuss that is mad that Bosh is likely to leave and the Heat are likely to get better.

Wade has said he wants to stay. Boozer has already come out to say he's sold on Miami as a franchise and would love to team up with Wade. He's very good friends with the owner's son Nick Arison, who is the future team president, as they are both Duke alumni. He already has a home here, he hosts numerous camps and charity events here in S-FL. He is also friends with Wade & Spoelstra as well.

Read more on Boozer's Miami connection here: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-carlos-boozer-s053110,0,4936011.story

Please stop with your baiting. It only makes you look like a jealous fool.

thescore53
06-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Throughout this whole thread you've done nothing but sound like a sourpuss that is mad that Bosh is likely to leave and the Heat are likely to get better.

Wade has said he wants to stay. Boozer has already come out to say he's sold on Miami as a franchise and would love to team up with Wade. He's very good friends with the owner's son Nick Arison, who is the future team president, as they are both Duke alumni. He already has a home here, he hosts numerous camps and charity events here in S-FL. He is also friends with Wade & Spoelstra as well.

Read more on Boozer's Miami connection here: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-carlos-boozer-s053110,0,4936011.story

Please stop with your baiting. It only makes you look like a jealous fool.

how am i baiting im tryna convince heat fans nothing is guaranteed but they dont even want to think about the prospect

Ray_R
06-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Well Chicago doesnt want him. But kind if an obvious.

beasted86
06-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Well Chicago doesnt want him. But kind if an obvious.

When you say "Chicago", you must mean jealous fans only on PSD who have only disliked Wade since his recent comments.

But by "Chicago" meaning the general mass, they still attend all of Wade's local camps in the Chicago area and cheer him when they visit the arena every game. Also by "Chicago" the actual Bulls organization, is pretty much 100% guaranteed to call for a meeting with Wade & his agent to try to sign him this summer.

So speak for yourself.

beasted86
06-15-2010, 03:38 PM
how am i baiting im tryna convince heat fans nothing is guaranteed but they dont even want to think about the prospect

You are baiting by going against facts. When you try to let your personal opinion override fact... that's called trolling, and it's what you've been doing in this thread.

While the actual comment you responded to about Miami being "pretty much guaranteed" Bosh, Amare, or Boozer might be a little false... all of those free agents from word of mouth have praised how good of a player Wade is, and how Miami would certainly be a situation they will look into as free agents. Some have also directly said they would prefer to play in Miami (Amare & Boozer). So to a certain extent you have been baiting by claiming "what if's" that go against what the players themselves have said, and are based solely on your own personal opinion & speculation.

thescore53
06-15-2010, 03:45 PM
You are baiting by going against facts. When you try to let your personal opinion override fact... that's called trolling, and it's what you've been doing in this thread.

While the actual comment you responded to about Miami being "pretty much guaranteed" Bosh, Amare, or Boozer might be a little false... all of those free agents from word of mouth have praised how good of a player Wade is, and how Miami would certainly be a situation they will look into as free agents. Some have also directly said they would prefer to play in Miami (Amare & Boozer). So to a certain extent you have been baiting by claiming "what if's" that go against what the players themselves have said, and are based solely on your own personal opinion & speculation.

ok so then heat fans are baiting cause they say bosh is %100 gone.... they also going against facts cause bosh has stated Toronto is def an option for him

beasted86
06-15-2010, 03:46 PM
ok so then heat fans are baiting cause they say bosh is %100 gone.... they also going against facts cause bosh has stated Toronto is def an option for him

Yes, it's just as false. Bosh is not 100% guaranteed to leave.

d-baller23
06-15-2010, 03:55 PM
No he doesn't, he wants to be in Orlando

jrodmesche
06-15-2010, 04:09 PM

yah maybe only like a 99 percent chance but def not 100 haha

beasted86
06-15-2010, 04:13 PM
yah maybe only like a 99 percent chance but def not 100 haha

:cool: You said it, not me.

thescore53
06-15-2010, 04:39 PM

ok so we understand each other :cool:

JasonJohnHorn
06-15-2010, 06:40 PM
I want to be in Miami = You better have a lot of cash and a good team if you want me to leave Florida!

PrettyBoyJ
06-15-2010, 07:08 PM
that kinda relieve a lot of pressure off Miami in knowing whether he wants to stay or go.. Now all they gotta do is get some good pieces to make them contenders again.. I think they should pick up Amare/Bosh and try and lure rudy gay.. that would be a pretty good trio

Mr.Chi-Town
06-15-2010, 07:27 PM
So let me get this straight, he wants to be in Miami?

Got it.

idk i dont think he has really said anything to make ppl think that . lol