PDA

View Full Version : help please?

Lizzy Garcia
06-14-2010, 06:59 AM
Hey guys,

i know nothing about baseball or the cubs (!), reason I'm on here is my husband is a big fan and i'd like to get him tickets for a game as a present, thing is i have no idea which game to get tickets for or where to sit or anything, or if its even too late to get tickets or not! I need them from any time between july 7th and august 10th

would be grateful for any suggestions!
thanks so much!

Lizzy

p.s. i preferably don't want to spend a fortune but i want reasonably good seats if pos!

Ron!n
06-14-2010, 07:37 AM
Some of the other posters (Croce) are big time ticket guys so they can help you out more. But for now between July 7th and August 10th probably the best game is the series against the Cards on the weekend of 23-25 or the Phillies series from the 15th-18th. Both are competitive games.
If you want to be really nice find out which game Roy Halladay is pitching cause thats bound to be a good one.

As far as tickets go the Cubs usually release extra tickets a week or so before the game so if you keep checking their website you can buy them for face value. Otherwise you can find tickets on Stubhub.com up till the day of the game.
If you want to have a good time (live the Wrigley experience) try getting bleacher seats but if you want to pay more attention to the game youd want some of the infield level seats. Im not sure about the exact seat numbers or pricing but thats what youd aim for.

Also as of now there are seats still available for the Cards series on the Cubs website but more will probably be released closer to game date.

Lizzy Garcia
06-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Hey thanks that's really helpful, how can I find out about roy halladay? i know, i am completely dumb sorry! hopefully i will learn more though if i go to a game!

thanks again

BDawk4Prez
06-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Some of the other posters (Croce) are big time ticket guys so they can help you out more. But for now between July 7th and August 10th probably the best game is the series against the Cards on the weekend of 23-25 or the Phillies series from the 15th-18th. Both are competitive games.
If you want to be really nice find out which game Roy Halladay is pitching cause thats bound to be a good one.

As far as tickets go the Cubs usually release extra tickets a week or so before the game so if you keep checking their website you can buy them for face value. Otherwise you can find tickets on Stubhub.com up till the day of the game.
If you want to have a good time (live the Wrigley experience) try getting bleacher seats but if you want to pay more attention to the game youd want some of the infield level seats. Im not sure about the exact seat numbers or pricing but thats what youd aim for.

Also as of now there are seats still available for the Cards series on the Cubs website but more will probably be released closer to game date.

There is no such thing as a competitive Cubs game. Liar!!

BDawk4Prez
06-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Hey thanks that's really helpful, how can I find out about roy halladay? i know, i am completely dumb sorry! hopefully i will learn more though if i go to a game!

thanks again

Try This. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Roy+Halladay)

Ron!n
06-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Try This. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Roy+Halladay)
:laugh2: *******.

Roy Halladay would probably be pitching on the 15th/16th of July cause that would be right after the All Star Break. But it wont be exactly known till they release their probables.

Lizzy Garcia
06-14-2010, 12:53 PM
lol i already did that BDawk4Prez, and thanks Ron!

poodski
06-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Yeah planning out for a pitcher isnt going to be a good idea, unless you start planning inside of 10 days or so, and even then it may not be right. I would just find out what team he would like to see most and go from there.

croce_99
06-14-2010, 02:58 PM

I teach you well :nod:

Getting tickets is the easy part.
Does it matter what day of the week you attend?
Does it matter if it's a 1p.m game or 7 p.m game?

Saturday and Sunday games are a bit more difficult to find tickets.
Monday-Friday games you won't have to pay too much.
Let me know what day of the week you'd prefer to go and whether you want a day or a night game. Then we'll worry about the ticket situation later.

BDawk4Prez
06-14-2010, 03:02 PM

Let me know what day of the week you'd prefer to go and whether you want a day or a night game. Then we'll worry about the ticket situation later.

Why do people feed so much into Croce feeling as though he matters in this world?

croce_99
06-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Why do people feed so much into Croce feeling as though he matters in this world?
Don't be hatin'.
I am pretty much useless with 99.9% of everything. But that .1%, I am great with Tickets :p

1908_Cubs
06-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Don't be hatin'.
I am pretty much useless with 99.9% of everything. But that .1%, I am great with Tickets :p

You are pretty worthless.

croce_99
06-14-2010, 03:10 PM

Haters gonna hate (http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/039/101/original/Asinine-America-HATERS-GONNA-HATE.jpg)

1908_Cubs
06-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Haters gonna hate (http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/039/101/original/Asinine-America-HATERS-GONNA-HATE.jpg)I'd bang her.

BDawk4Prez
06-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Don't be hatin'.

Tickets and great blowjobs.

See above for complete list of Croce's worth in the US.

Haters gonna hate (http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/039/101/original/Asinine-America-HATERS-GONNA-HATE.jpg)

Mom?

I'd bang her.

Train? choooooo - choooooOO!!!

Lizzy Garcia
06-14-2010, 03:58 PM

Hmm, I don't mind which day of the week although pref not thursday evening or friday afternoon. I think an evening game would be cool actually, but weekday is fine. btw in case anyone is wondering the reason I have no clue about baseball is cos I'm from the UK! we don't have it over here... I'm always up for new things though so I'd kinda like to go to a game myself even if I end up makin a fool of myself lol

thank you =)

BDawk4Prez
06-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Hmm, I don't mind which day of the week although pref not thursday evening or friday afternoon. I think an evening game would be cool actually, but weekday is fine. btw in case anyone is wondering the reason I have no clue about baseball is cos I'm from the UK! we don't have it over here... I'm always up for new things though so I'd kinda like to go to a game myself even if I end up makin a fool of myself lol

thank you =)

If you are up for new things there are quite a few around here who may have suggestions and ideas.

Try to stay away from 1908 though, just warning ya.

1908_Cubs
06-14-2010, 04:18 PM
If you are up for new things there are quite a few around here who may have suggestions and ideas.

Try to stay away from 1908 though, just warning ya.

If by stay away you mean listen to 1908 preach his gospel, then you're correct.

croce_99
06-14-2010, 04:19 PM

thank you =)

Since this is your first time at Wrigley, I'd rather you watch the Cubs play a good team instead of a horrible team.
My suggestion would be Sunday Night Baseball on July 18th against Philadelphia.

The weather in Chicago can be extremely hot in the afternoon, so since this is a night game (7:00 p.m.), the weather will be very comfortable.

Now the next question is how old are both of you? I don't need an exact number, obviously, but a general age. Do you both drink?
Reason I ask is because the bleachers are generally for the younger crowd who enjoy drinking and drinking heavily :nod:
The view from the bleachers aren't the best, because you are 330 feet away. But the atmosphere is very fun.

If you want to go to the game and enjoy a nice view, then the infield seats are for you.
How much are you willing to spend on a ticket? That way I have an idea what section to recommend.

1908_Cubs
06-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Since this is your first time at Wrigley, I'd rather you watch the Cubs play a good team instead of a horrible team.

The weather in Chicago can be extremely hot in the afternoon, so since this is a night game (7:00 p.m.), the weather will be very comfortable.

Now the next question is how old are both of you? I don't need an exact number, obviously, but a general age. Do you both drink?
Reason I ask is because the bleachers are generally for the younger crowd who enjoy drinking and drinking heavily :nod:
The view from the bleachers aren't the best, because you are 330 feet away. But the atmosphere is very fun.

If you want to go to the game and enjoy a nice view, then the infield seats are for you.
How much are you willing to spend on a ticket? That way I have an idea what section to recommend.

Mmmm. Drinking. Heavily.

BDawk4Prez
06-14-2010, 04:29 PM
If by stay away you mean listen to 1908 preach his gospel, then you're correct.

Sorry i must have misspelled that.

Quit hitting on the newbies.

Mmmm. Drinking. Heavily.

Is there any other way?

Cub_StuckinSTL
06-14-2010, 04:55 PM
I feel bad for this poor person. She comes for help and all she gets is Bdawk being a doucher

BDawk4Prez
06-14-2010, 05:02 PM
I feel bad for this poor person. She comes for help and all she gets is Bdawk being a doucher

:punish:

Shut your face hole.

Lizzy Garcia
06-14-2010, 06:48 PM

lol you guys are funny, and by 'trying new things' i don't mean anything!!!
as for the cubs, well neither of us drink (mid-late 20s but we're muslim), so I'd rather have a good view and be away from heavy drinking!

hmm im willing to spend um... *does conversion* ok about $80 per ticket? It depends to be honest I'd rather go less but I'll do a bit more if it's worth it. I've been to tennis before and paid a lot for front row seats and it was definitely worth it, but then I've been to football too and it wasn't that much different cos of the size of game etc. anyway, what do you think? i wanna get some good seats cos he's moving to the UK for me so it's gonna be his last few weeks in Chicago for quite a while, wanna make it special, he's gonna miss his Cubs lol

where can i get tickets? and yeh 7pm game sounds much better than afternoon in terms of weather!

Yagyu+
06-14-2010, 06:52 PM

You play with fire and it burns, baby.

It burns so good.

Ron!n
06-14-2010, 06:58 PM
as for the cubs, well neither of us drink (mid-late 20s but we're muslim), so I'd rather have a good view and be away from heavy drinking!

hmm im willing to spend um... *does conversion* ok about $80 per ticket? It depends to be honest I'd rather go less but I'll do a bit more if it's worth it. I've been to tennis before and paid a lot for front row seats and it was definitely worth it, but then I've been to football too and it wasn't that much different cos of the size of game etc. anyway, what do you think? i wanna get some good seats cos he's moving to the UK for me so it's gonna be his last few weeks in Chicago for quite a while, wanna make it special, he's gonna miss his Cubs lol

where can i get tickets? and yeh 7pm game sounds much better than afternoon in terms of weather!
With 80 bucks you can get some really nice tickets. Theyre available on the Cubs.com website. Im not sure which seats are best though.
Im probably wrong but behind home plate could possibly be got with 80 bucks.

Lizzy Garcia
06-14-2010, 07:19 PM
With 80 bucks you can get some really nice tickets. Theyre available on the Cubs.com website. Im not sure which seats are best though.
Im probably wrong but behind home plate could possibly be got with 80 bucks.

cool thanks! um... what's home plate? is that like the place where the players sit or sumtin? and is the cubs site the best place to get tickets?

Lizzy Garcia
06-14-2010, 07:30 PM
ugh i just checked the cubs website for sunday 18th game - the best seats left it says 'restricted view', unless we sit separately....! =(

Cub_StuckinSTL
06-14-2010, 07:58 PM
ugh i just checked the cubs website for sunday 18th game - the best seats left it says 'restricted view', unless we sit separately....! =(

stubhub? With that being said....Sometimes when I take my g/f I wish she was in a different seat...too many questions :)

croce_99
06-14-2010, 08:14 PM

You have to wait until about 10 days before the game to purchase from cubs.com That is when they add additional tickets to the website.

So the 2nd week of July, all you have to do is goto Cubs.com and click the schedule link. Then click the "T" icon next to July 18th.
If you're willing to spend $80 a ticket, you will get very nice seats.
Heck, you'll get pretty good seats for $50 a ticket.

Again, trust me on this. Wait until about 10 days before your game date, and you will find great seats.

If you feel more comfortable buying your tickets now, you can get 2 great seats for about $135 total (both tickets).
Goto www.stubhub.com
Search Chicago Cubs
Click July 18th "BUY TICKETS"

Left side of the page, you can sort by specific sections. Click "Infield Upper Deck Box"
Now you'll see a list of tickets.
The 2 I'm looking at right now are $59 each in section 416 row 5.
Those are really nice seats. And they're actually selling for less than face value. If you bought those from the Cubs, they would be $63 each.

Again, I would strongly recommend you waiting until about a week before the game date. I'll guarantee you can get even better seats for that price.

croce_99
06-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Otherwise if you look for tickets on your own, look between these sections:

Section 211-231
Rows 1-14

Section 411 - 430
Rows 1-7

Any seats in those sections, I promise you will be happy.
A lot of seats at Wrigley have an obstructed view. The park is so old that a lot of seats will have a pole blocking portions of the field.

Whenever you buy tickets from the Cubs.com website or from Stubhub.com website, they will make it very clear if the seats are located in an obstructed seating.
So if they don't say anything, you are good to go.
If you have any questions, just ask away. If you're hesitant about buying from a certain section/row, post it here and I'll let you know if it's obstructed or not.

BDawk4Prez
06-14-2010, 09:39 PM
stubhub? With that being said....Sometimes when I take my g/f I wish she was in a different seat...too many questions :)

You want us to believe that anyone of the opposite sex would hang out with you?

scrubs101
06-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Croce is correct.

Wait until 10 days or less before you buy tickets and you will get the best deal. If the Cubs still aren't playing great and you have the patience to wait until a day or two before the game, you can probably sit within the first few rows for $80.

Lizzy Garcia
06-15-2010, 07:30 PM
cool ok i think i shall wait till 10 days before and go for the sunday 18th game, and get them from the cubs site or stubhub right?
thanks so much for all your help, i'll prob be back soon askin how baseball actually works so i don't end up lookin like a *complete* idiot and cheering for the wrong team or sumtin lol. its a bit like rounders tho right? which i've played before, and i'm not bad at it! but yeh thats all i kno...

1908_Cubs
06-15-2010, 07:46 PM
cool ok i think i shall wait till 10 days before and go for the sunday 18th game, and get them from the cubs site or stubhub right?
thanks so much for all your help, i'll prob be back soon askin how baseball actually works so i don't end up lookin like a *complete* idiot and cheering for the wrong team or sumtin lol. its a bit like rounders tho right? which i've played before, and i'm not bad at it! but yeh thats all i kno...

Alright here's what you need to know:

Ryan Theriot rocks.
Scrappy, hard working players are the backbone of winning.
If John Grabow ever is in the game, cheer your head off. He's awesome.
And the hats? With little hands on it? That clap? Buy one. Wear it everywhere. If you don't, you wont fit in.

toovey107
06-15-2010, 07:57 PM

Ryan Theriot rocks.
And the hats? With little hands on it? That clap? Buy one. Wear it everywhere. If you don't, you wont fit in.
:no:

Yagyu+
06-15-2010, 08:03 PM

Ryan Theriot rocks.

For greater accuracy, finish each of the above ideas with "...up in my butt."

There is much we can learn from grade schoolers, gentlemen.

EDIT: We need a poll about which of the four lines goes best with the proposed ending.

croce_99
06-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Don't listen to what these clowns are saying :pity:

1908_Cubs
06-15-2010, 08:26 PM
For greater accuracy, finish each of the above ideas with "...up in my butt."

There is much we can learn from grade schoolers, gentlemen.

EDIT: We need a poll about which of the four lines goes best with the proposed ending.

They're all really good.

Up in my butt.

Lizzy Garcia
07-06-2010, 04:53 PM
ughh stupid computer just deleted my post!!!
was jst gonna say, hi to everyone again! before you advised me to wait within 10 days for gettin tickets but i just checked now and they have seats in section 110, row 4 for $70, that's good right? but shall i wait longer do you think i can get better ones or shall i go for it before they start selling out? im not sure how this works are more available/does the price change nearer the game?

thanks!

p.s. how are the cubs doing anyway my husband seems rather depressed about it lately, is it that bad?? gettin a bit worried abt gettin these tickets now but i really wanna go myself now! =)

1908_Cubs
07-06-2010, 05:18 PM
He'll enjoy the experience even if they're doing bad in the standing. Wrigley is just awesome to be at. Don't worry about it.

croce_99
07-06-2010, 05:52 PM
ughh stupid computer just deleted my post!!!
was jst gonna say, hi to everyone again! before you advised me to wait within 10 days for gettin tickets but i just checked now and they have seats in section 110, row 4 for $70, that's good right? but shall i wait longer do you think i can get better ones or shall i go for it before they start selling out? im not sure how this works are more available/does the price change nearer the game?

thanks!

p.s. how are the cubs doing anyway my husband seems rather depressed about it lately, is it that bad?? gettin a bit worried abt gettin these tickets now but i really wanna go myself now! =)
Those are nice seats and $70 is face value. You can never go wrong with getting tickets for face value.
But I honestly would wait it out and buy off stubhub.com next week.
Heck, right now on stubhub, you can buy the exact seats but 2 rows back (Section 110 row 6) for $55 each. So it's already cheaper on stubhub.

There are 7000 tickets for that game ALONE on Stubhub right now.
That tells me the price will drop substantially by this time next week.

If I was you...I'd wait it out. You will get in for cheaper.
But if you would feel more comfortable buying now, then feel free to do that.

BDawk4Prez
07-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Those are nice seats and $70 is face value. You can never go wrong with getting tickets for face value.
But I honestly would wait it out and buy off stubhub.com next week.
Heck, right now on stubhub, you can buy the exact seats but 2 rows back (Section 110 row 6) for $55 each. So it's already cheaper on stubhub.

There are 7000 tickets for that game ALONE on Stubhub right now.
That tells me the price will drop substantially by this time next week.

If I was you...I'd wait it out. You will get in for cheaper.
But if you would feel more comfortable buying now, then feel free to do that.

Always trying to hit on random chicks huh? Some things never change.

Lizzy Garcia
07-06-2010, 06:17 PM
ok ill be patient! thank you =)

scrubs101
07-06-2010, 08:17 PM
keep waiting

you'll get much better seats for $70

dyceman
07-06-2010, 09:44 PM
I read the thread and thought to myself, what is she looking for help with. I have proceeded to LMFAO at the diatribe above. BDawk and 1908 are f____in ruthless.:laugh:

BDawk4Prez
07-06-2010, 10:24 PM
I do me, you do you. :shrug:

Lizzy Garcia
07-12-2010, 05:34 PM
hmmm still waiting... you sure there was seats for $55 in section 110 croce? it's saying on stubhub now that there's some in 109 for $85....best i can find atm unless im not looking properly!
btw are the prices on stubhub including tax or not? cos i noticed on the cubs site i'd have to pay an extra $26 on top for $70 tickets. Also, once i get tickets how do i get the actual tickets? do i have to print them?
thanks =)

croce_99
07-12-2010, 06:04 PM
hmmm still waiting... you sure there was seats for $55 in section 110 croce? it's saying on stubhub now that there's some in 109 for $85....best i can find atm unless im not looking properly!
btw are the prices on stubhub including tax or not? cos i noticed on the cubs site i'd have to pay an extra $26 on top for $70 tickets. Also, once i get tickets how do i get the actual tickets? do i have to print them?
thanks =)

Stubhub inventory changes every day. And as the game gets closer, it changes every hour. So what you see right now might not be there tomorrow morning.
Then again, there could be BETTER seats tomorrow, too.

Keep waiting it out and you'll get in for a nice price.
The Cubs charge 21% in taxes and fees.
Stubhub charges 10% + $4.95 to email you the tickets.

So while the fees do suck, it's still cheaper than the Cubs.

So if you buy tickets for $60 each, the total bill will be:
$60 ticket
$60 ticket
$12 fee
$4.95 shipping fee (tickets emailed to you and you print it)

Total $136.95

That's just an example.

Friday afternoon, that's when you'll begin to see the tickets really fall in price.
Then Saturday afternoon they will be even cheaper.

northsider
07-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Listen listen listen let me break it down for you these fools did you all wrong....

What you need to do is hop on the green line train heading down town about 3:15ET and get off on Pulaski. Head about 2 blocks south to a abandoned factory there you will meet my associate Woompa he's is going to go on and on about tickets to cats but, just serve this cluckhead straight with a smack to the face. Say "listen here wombat I need me some ****ing cubs tix so me and my main squeeze can enjoy our last days in the Chi". Once he hears that he will be like "Ooh word!" and be like "word" he will then give you two prime tickets to the Cubs game primo view seats and a bootleg copy of the Matrix.

You can thank me later or you can just do what lame croce say's and get tickets off stubhub about a week before the actual game you want to go too.

croce_99
07-15-2010, 04:13 AM
Right now some great seats available on stubhub:

Section 228 Row 4: $50 each (very nice seats)

Still over 4,000 tickets available, so there are a TON out there.
Keep an eye on it :)

Jdsolid1
07-15-2010, 12:31 PM
I dont know if you have bought yet but I have two tickets to the Sunday game. They are in Sec 514, so it is the upper deck but it is inside 3rd base so you arent all the way down in the corner. Also they are in Row 1 of the 500 level, extra leg room no one in front of you. Easy to get vendors to stop, Since the walkway is right down in front of you. I have them on ebay right now for only 20 bucks for the two. I can ship them or meet you at the game. They arent seats like the 100 level but I think they are great seats!

Lizzy Garcia
07-15-2010, 06:18 PM
hey guys, thanks for ur help again, i've been keepin an eye on stubhub and you were right about them being cheaper than the cubs site croce, there's some pretty good tickets right now think i might buy them today as ive checked for sat and the seats for sun are better (i.e. a day more in advance). some of them are going out of my price range but i dun mind if its gonna be worth it... even tho im sightly worried abt pple going on abt how bad the cubs are doing this season *must ignore...*, a game is a game right!
anyway, wat do u think out of these seats:

section 115 row 7 for $79
section 111 row 9 for $70
section 109 row 1 for $100
section 10 row 5 for $99

are the $99/100 ones worth it do u think or not?

semperfi
07-15-2010, 06:40 PM
hey guys, thanks for ur help again, i've been keepin an eye on stubhub and you were right about them being cheaper than the cubs site croce, there's some pretty good tickets right now think i might buy them today as ive checked for sat and the seats for sun are better (i.e. a day more in advance). some of them are going out of my price range but i dun mind if its gonna be worth it... even tho im sightly worried abt pple going on abt how bad the cubs are doing this season *must ignore...*, a game is a game right!
anyway, wat do u think out of these seats:

section 115 row 7 for $79
section 111 row 9 for $70
section 109 row 1 for $100
section 10 row 5 for $99

are the $99/100 ones worth it do u think or not?

I'd go for the section 109 row 1 for $100. IMO there is nothing like sitting in the front row. I spent 600$ on 4 tickets at Comerica to see the Cubs last year. Front row of 3rd base side. Best seats I've ever had. Better than bleachers at Wrigley.

Captain Obvious
07-15-2010, 06:41 PM
I'd go for the section 109 row 1 for $100. IMO there is nothing like sitting in the front row. I spent 600$ on 4 tickets at Comerica to see the Cubs last year. Front row of 3rd base side. Best seats I've ever had. Better than bleachers at Wrigley.

That's not the front row, though. There is a walkway right in front of it, then another section of seats.

semperfi
07-15-2010, 06:51 PM
That's not the front row, though. There is a walkway right in front of it, then another section of seats.

That blows then, might as well just spend less money if you are gonna have people in front of you..

Lizzy Garcia
07-15-2010, 06:53 PM
ok i went for section 10, row 5, cost me $222.75 total.... eesh! hope its worth it!! am excited now tho =)

semperfi
07-15-2010, 06:56 PM
ok i went for section 10, row 5, cost me $222.75 total.... eesh! hope its worth it!! am excited now tho =)

It will be what you make it. Enjoy the experience, enjoy the atmosphere and most of all enjoy yourself.

Captain Obvious
07-15-2010, 07:02 PM

I like it. That's what I would have gone with too, it's only 5 row up and you should have a really nice view of the field.

Max Power
07-15-2010, 07:11 PM

those are awesome seats. Between the dugout and bullpen. But I think they added those CBOE seats in front of that section, so there will be 9-10 rows in front of you. But still, pay attention for foulballs.

croce_99
07-18-2010, 10:56 PM
You're welcome for suggesting the game tonight :)

Hope you had fun

northsider
07-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Couldn't have picked a better time this year to be at Wrigley lucky mo fos.