PDA

View Full Version : This is starting to look like 2006 Kobe -- will he ever be a team guy?

Boston Faithful
06-14-2010, 03:53 AM
This isn't meant to start bad arguments, it just looked like 2006 Kobe out there tonight.

His teammates stood and watched around while he hoisted up shots. But there was just no reason to. It's not Smush Parker and Kwame Brown. It was Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, and Andrew Bynum. It just seemed like Kobe didn't want to give them the ball.

Kobe's never been a team guy and I think he'll always have that me alone against the other team attitude unless he has a teammate that was as good as Shaq. If Chris Bosh joined the team next year, I think things could be really different.

shep33
06-14-2010, 04:06 AM
Consider this though: Kobe went on a streak where he hit 7-9 and had 23 straight points, and LA was still down by 8-10. What does this mean? Bad defense... LA gave up scores on 12 out of 13 possessions to start the 3rd I believe, how is that on Bryant?

Here are some crazy numbers for those who somehow blame this on kobe:
- Gasol has shot under 50% for the past 3 games (41% tonight I believe)
- Artest is shooting 13-43 this series, and 47% from the freethrow line)
- Fisher has shot 37% from the field and hasn't hit a 3 all series
- Odom is shooting 43% from the freethrow line and is averaging half as many points, half as many rebounds, and less than half as many assists as he did against the Suns
- Lakers shot 39% from the field tonight, Kobe shot 48% and thats including the heaves he put up at the end of the game when the game was over.

The fact is if Kobe doesn't score 38 they lose by 25 tonight. Its remarkable how a loss goes on Kobe for being the only one playing well for his team. Heck I thought he was the best player in the game tonight.

Saad
06-14-2010, 04:07 AM
Ok seriously, you guys need to stop with the Kobe being a ball hog.

1. If it wasnt for Kobe it wouldve been a blowout

2. Who else was hitting their shots? Kobe tried being a facilitator in the begginning, fisher wasnt hitting too many, Pau was very very inconsistent this game, Ron Artest? LOL. Bynum made a couple shots.

3. Kobe averages and had the MOST assists last night for the Lakers.. if he's not distributing the ball then who is?

4. :facepalm:

Wisdom Listens
06-14-2010, 04:14 AM
If Kobe shared the ball more often, the Lakers wouldn't be as good. Believe it.

majestic
06-14-2010, 04:14 AM
kobe had todo that to even give his team a chance, only a boston fan would post this.
stfu and thank stern its fixed, but im pretty sure lakers win in 7 anyways.
stern wants this a 7 gamer. so fu boston.

ink
06-14-2010, 04:15 AM
Please, no more of these threads.