PDA

View Full Version : Tony Allen-Pau Gasol: violent rejection

oldenpolynice
06-14-2010, 01:04 AM
Blocks don't come much stronger than this. Or more embarrassing. Damn, Pau. He really made you look bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96J3sXq_lVg

GSW Hoops
06-14-2010, 01:06 AM
He actually got rejected twice on that play. Tony Allen slapped the ball with his left hand, then slaps it again with his right hand, haha.

:facepalm: for Gasoft.

still1ballin
06-14-2010, 01:11 AM
Pau has a vagina

Simple as that

Avenged
06-14-2010, 01:11 AM
Insane.

gbpackers12
06-14-2010, 01:12 AM
:laugh2: That was great.

uprightciti
06-14-2010, 01:29 AM
The c'$ looked awesome. I think they take it this year

Super.
06-14-2010, 01:53 AM
Here ya go fellas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96J3sXq_lVg

Mplsman
06-14-2010, 01:55 AM
^Dirty.

Super.
06-14-2010, 02:01 AM
Its freaking sick.

Im just pissed GIFsoup isnt working...i wanted to put it in my sig.

Guess ill just have to get a stillframe of tony raping Gaflop

mavwar53
06-14-2010, 02:10 AM
Watched it live it was nice but it was from behind, I've seen many better

shep33
06-14-2010, 02:10 AM
Disgusting, why doesn't he dunk that. 7 feet with long arms and athletic... 2 hand throw down, one time!

Mplsman
06-14-2010, 02:17 AM
not to mention tony allen came from 21 feet away to smack that ish. Pau should feel ashamed.

_KB24_
06-14-2010, 02:53 AM
Pau is a sissy. He could get blocked by Boykins with the way he takes it up so soft.

bigsams50
06-14-2010, 02:57 AM
Gets better everytime you see it. TA baptised Pau

Hellcrooner
06-14-2010, 10:45 AM
in the book i have with the rules of basketall when a player strikes in the HAND of other player is not called a block is called a foul.

BUt those seem to not exist in Beantown for the refs

m26555
06-14-2010, 10:47 AM
in the book i have with the rules of basketall when a player strikes in the HAND of other player is not called a block is called a foul.

Oh please. It was ALL ball. Maybe if Gasol would have actually went up and dunked the ball like a true seven-footer, he wouldn't have been embarrassed.

Raoul Duke
06-14-2010, 10:52 AM
I thought Allen got a lot of hand, but I didn't care because Pau went up like a complete *****. I've seen WNBA players who go up with more authority than that. Has anyone told him he's playing for a championship right now?

Ridiculous.

mikantsass
06-14-2010, 10:56 AM
To Ms Gasoft,

Your heart pumps kool-aide, your sweet. You are about as hard as a marshmallow. People say you are the most skilled big man in basketball, but it doesnt matter cuz you are still a little *****. Screaming like a little girl and flopping all over the place doesnt make you tough. It makes you a soccer player. I have said all season long that once the Lakers and Celtics meet in the finals, Gasol will **** his pants when KG, Sheed and Perk cover him. Thank you for proving me correct.

PS... You look like a llama, a dirty llama.

Signed,
Celtics nation

Super.
06-14-2010, 10:57 AM

See that?

It's the worlds smallest violin

Hellcrooner
06-14-2010, 10:58 AM
^` i only hope that the refs in games 6 and 7 just call the game the right way and garnett, perk and sheed are in foul trouble early on both games wich is what should be given the punk defense they have been allowed to do the 3 games in boston.

Then see how funny you are .

Double_R
06-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Oh please. It was ALL ball. Maybe if Gasol would have actually went up and dunked the ball like a true seven-footer, he wouldn't have been embarrassed.

Well said... If you slam it, you either make it and get fouled, or you miss it and get free throws; instead you go up like a baby, thus resulting in frustration accompanied by confusion and your initial self-confidence receives a sudden check, producing shyness, shame, or a feeling of inferiority.

thescore53
06-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Pau has a vagina

Simple as that

woow really, this guy has been consistent all playoffs, dominating all the bigs... and this is how you show your appreciation

Hellcrooner
06-14-2010, 11:01 AM
woow really, this guy has been consistent all playoffs, dominating all the bigs... and this is how you show your appreciation

Kobe fans need some scapegoat to explain why the second coming of jesus fails in the finals.

Super.
06-14-2010, 11:02 AM
^` i only hope that the refs in games 6 and 7 just call the game the right way and garnett, perk and sheed are in foul trouble early on both games wich is what should be given the punk defense they have been allowed to do the 3 games in boston.

Oh I'm so sorry. Did your extra 3 players not show up?

Hellcrooner
06-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Oh I'm so sorry. Did your extra 3 players not show up?
we are tlaking bout pau here but rondo, and the allens are being also alowed to do waht they pelase with kobe and fish.

artest has no ooffensive game. bynum is hurt and odom recevis the same tratment than gasol.

who is going to score, walton? vujacic?

NYKnickFanatic
06-14-2010, 11:08 AM

Hand is apart of the ball. No foul.

J4KOP99
06-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Gasol played like an 8th grade girl last night. Great block from Allen, made up for his horrible offense.

mikantsass
06-14-2010, 11:15 AM

Perfect Laker fan, a whiney spoiled cry baby.

mia305king
06-14-2010, 11:18 AM

:cry:

RenegadeRiot36
06-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Kobe fans need some scapegoat to explain why the second coming of jesus fails in the finals.

ooooo he went there:cheers:

RenegadeRiot36
06-14-2010, 11:25 AM

See that?

It's the worlds smallest violin

:violin:
got u covered

Super.
06-14-2010, 11:51 AM
:violin:
got u covered

:cheers:

Avenged
06-14-2010, 01:52 PM

Seriously Crooner, again? We already talked about this in the Lakers forum. You really need to stop bringing Kobe down in order to bring Gasol up. This play, had nothing to do with Kobe.

Avenged
06-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Anyways, if Gasol had tried to dunk it, he would have probably converted or if not gone to the free throw line. You don't go up soft against a team like the Celtics.

You know you played a soft game when a 6'4" player not only blocks but embarrasses you in the process.

Rivera
06-14-2010, 02:06 PM
To Ms Gasoft,

Your heart pumps kool-aide, your sweet. You are about as hard as a marshmallow. People say you are the most skilled big man in basketball, but it doesnt matter cuz you are still a little *****. Screaming like a little girl and flopping all over the place doesnt make you tough. It makes you a soccer player. I have said all season long that once the Lakers and Celtics meet in the finals, Gasol will **** his pants when KG, Sheed and Perk cover him. Thank you for proving me correct.

PS... You look like a llama, a dirty llama.

Signed,
Celtics nation

GOTTA LOVE MIKE ADAMS FROM WEEI

as soon as he gave him that nickname from 08 it stuck it!

fits pau gasol perfect he looks like a llama and plays like a llama lol

pau the llama gasol

masalex1205
06-14-2010, 02:08 PM

:rolleyes:

tonyd3b54
06-14-2010, 02:19 PM
ahaha any1 who thinks this is not a block is clearly a hating lakerfan... he not only blocked him once but he hit the ball again with his other hand for good measure after the fact...

bigsams50
06-14-2010, 02:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xk4rb90MRM

Looks like its all ball 2 me

Da Knicks
06-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Hey man I dont like the lakers but Pau is a great player and everyone gets blocked in the nba. Its not his fault he doesnt get the touches that the best big man in the nba deserves. I am not watching the finals because i dislike both teams but i did catch the lakers and celtics against teams i can watch all season and anyone that is a true basketball fan can admit Gasol is the best big man. Perkins, Garnett, Sheed, big baby can make life difficult on anyone too dont have to watch to know that.

td0tsfinest
06-14-2010, 02:24 PM
That was an absolutely disgusting rejection. Got me out of my seat

ShockerArt
06-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Pau can't jump. Didn't we all know that already?

BDawk4Prez
06-14-2010, 02:49 PM
He fouled the **** out of him. Arm, body, the works. I could care less either way, but to say it was all ball, and there was no contact is flawed at best.

ps - Pau should have went up stronger.

BuffsFan
06-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Pau definitely went up like a punk, but Allen got some arm and nailed him with the body.

Kakaroach
06-14-2010, 02:57 PM
To me it was more impressive how much ground Allen covered in order to make the play on the ball. He went from the 3 point line to block that shot.

thescore53
06-14-2010, 03:06 PM
man theres def too much pressure to play in LA i think even more than nyc..
gasol has been a man among boys this whole playoffs .. so good infact he convinced me he's the best pf in the game and not chris bosh..

ZHawk1123
06-14-2010, 03:07 PM

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

NYtilIdie
06-14-2010, 03:09 PM

Question: when you watch Laker games do you just watch what Pau Gasol does and ignore everybody else? Because Kobe did all he could to win last night, but the rest of the team including Gasol decided to pull a "Cavaliers" and make their star player do all the work while they just stand and watch.

thescore53
06-14-2010, 03:14 PM
well maybe if kobe wasnt hogging.

MagicBucsSox
06-14-2010, 03:19 PM
there needs to be some kinda rule on who can make threads and who cannot. like this is really a thread about an athletic guy blocking a shot FROM BEHIND, its insane the useless threads on this site. alot of people mustve never played ball to think this was impressive.
im just glad it wasnt lebron who did it because he'd get an espys for playing the only defense he knows how

celtisox41
06-14-2010, 03:19 PM
He fouled the **** out of him. Arm, body, the works. I could care less either way, but to say it was all ball, and there was no contact is flawed at best.

Lakers fans have no right to complain about fouls, the refs have been trying to hand them the series since it started, they just can't win because the celtics are better. Phil Jackson can shove it "the celtics know how to lose", the lakers apparently know how to do it better

BDawk4Prez
06-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Lakers fans have no right to complain about fouls, the refs have been trying to hand them the series since it started, they just can't win because the celtics are better. Phil Jackson can shove it "the celtics know how to lose", the lakers apparently know how to do it better

Maybe you missed the part about me not caring either way?

Either way, should have been a foul called.

magichatnumber9
06-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Why is everyone bashing on Gasol. He is still a marquee big man in this league. KG is playing some of the best basketball he has played all season. I don't believe in kicking someone while there down. not my style.

thescore53
06-14-2010, 03:44 PM
i wonder if the lakers were up 3-0 this series and gasol was avg like 29 -12-2-2 and kobe was avg a little less.... would kobe go up to gasol and tell him to stop playing so well

97NYer
06-14-2010, 04:02 PM
I love Allen. He should get a chance to start somewhere or on the Celtics if Ray leaves.

m26555
06-14-2010, 04:08 PM

If you're going to call that a foul, then there is a foul on every single block in the NBA. He hit him with his body AFTER he swatted the ball, and the hand is considered to be a part of the ball (even though he barely even touched his hand, if at all). Anyway, if Gasol goes up like a man, we're not even having this discussion to begin with.

JD22
06-14-2010, 04:14 PM
I am not a loakers or a Celtics fan, but I can teell you that the refs have been making some ****ed up calls through out the entire series. like the offensive foul Kobe got in game 2 giving him five and causing him to have to play an entire quarter in a passive manner, and then they turned right around and gave an offensive foul to Ray Allen on the other side of the court.. They were trying to make up for the bad call on Kobe, but Allen did not cause the foul either. The Refs have a huge influence on the game and they need to be regulated.

Avenged
06-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Why is everyone bashing on Gasol. He is still a marquee big man in this league. KG is playing some of the best basketball he has played all season. I don't believe in kicking someone while there down. not my style.

It's not really that, he's just getting bashed on, on this play. It was a great rejection by Tony and if Gasol would have gone stronger to the rim this probably wouldn't have happened.

BDawk4Prez
06-14-2010, 04:35 PM
If you're going to call that a foul, then there is a foul on every single block in the NBA. He hit him with his body AFTER he swatted the ball, and the hand is considered to be a part of the ball (even though he barely even touched his hand, if at all). Anyway, if Gasol goes up like a man, we're not even having this discussion to begin with.

He hit him as he went up, and followed through with it.

But you are right, Pau could have took it up stronger.

Lil Rhody
06-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Every once in awhile you get a OH ****!!! play and that was one of the many from last nights game

smith&wesson
06-14-2010, 04:55 PM
i wonder if tony allen would be a starter on another team. he sure has been playing well in this series. i think he would definatley start if he were on the raptors.

netsgiantsyanks
06-14-2010, 05:08 PM
saw it live and i lol'd

Gilly1254
06-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Great block!... contact came after the block was not a foul at all. You cant tell me hes the best big in the league. A soft 7 footer is not the best in the league even though hes a great player. This play just shows how much the Celtics bench want a championship.

netsgiantsyanks
06-14-2010, 05:18 PM
well maybe if kobe wasnt hogging.

kobe wasnt hogging nobody else was making shots so what do you expect kobe to do? let them keep bricking shots??

Tragedy
06-14-2010, 05:55 PM
An excellent play. Tony plays some solid D, and is a very smart player. Any time Gasol looks bad, I cry tears of joy.

thescore53
06-14-2010, 06:41 PM
kobe wasnt hogging nobody else was making shots so what do you expect kobe to do? let them keep bricking shots??

well kobe wasnt really helping... when they saw him going off that kinda woke up the celtics

mackworth
06-14-2010, 06:43 PM
i wonder if tony allen would be a starter on another team. he sure has been playing well in this series. i think he would definatley start if he were on the raptors.

You don't want him to start. The thing about Tony Allen is that he plays great defense and is super athletic. However he makes some boneheaded decisions and can't be trusted on offense.

SteveNash
06-14-2010, 06:52 PM
An excellent play. Tony plays some solid D, and is a very smart player. Any time Gasol looks bad, I cry tears of joy.

You give Allen way too much credit. He's erratic and will just as likely make a smart play as a foolish one.

hgtiger32
06-14-2010, 07:13 PM
last time i checked the hand is part of the ball...just sayin...(response to guy with creepy sig who said it was a foul)

Klivlend
06-14-2010, 07:54 PM

I've always played hand is part of the ball. Play like a man and finish strong

Super.
06-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Gasoft

ilovemyangel
06-15-2010, 03:09 PM

lol he wont be a starter and shouldn't be a starter. he's a very athletic player, very good defender but thats about it. he can't shoot, and make erratic decisions with the ball most of the times.