PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant the chemistry killer?

Evolution23
06-14-2010, 12:00 AM
I've been saying it all through out the finals that Kobe cannot win a ring by himself. Its pretty obvious that he is taking rediculous and contested shots and missing on many of them. He does not get his team involved in the game and they seem to be standing around watching. I feel like that is translating into a poor effort on rebounds and defense. Thoughts?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-14-2010, 12:08 AM
if the lakers lose the nba forum will fall apart

Dieselpi
06-14-2010, 12:09 AM
hooray for me getting it right

Evolution23
06-14-2010, 12:10 AM
its hilarious because he takes 29 shots a game and converts on 10? yes he had a great 3rd quarter in game 5 but he didn't do much else to get his team involved...

Evolution23
06-14-2010, 12:12 AM
can't even have a civilized discussion anymore without these lil dweebs?

kblo247
06-14-2010, 12:23 AM
its hilarious because he takes 29 shots a game and converts on 10? yes he had a great 3rd quarter in game 5 but he didn't do much else to get his team involved...

Who led the team in assists and got Sasha, Fish, Artest, Odom, and PAu the ball more than him?

td0tsfinest
06-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Ye this whole dick thing is getting out of hand. Not only today but the past few weeks I've been seeing this stuff. Its not much the mods can do about. If you guys see it, definitely report it or message a mod asap, it'll get deleted faster.

Anyways, kobe was definitely KoMe today. One shot that stuck to me was a posession where kobe had the ball the entire time, was ending up being defended greatly by Ray Allen and he still took a difficult shot.

Pau didn't have the greatest night but I still think he should have been getting more touches down low.

DCB/LAL
06-14-2010, 12:24 AM
dont waste you r time KObe fans will make the thread a joke instead od seriously considering it is a posibility

Yeah if only Pau Gasol would step up then we wouldn't be having this discussion.....or any other player for that matter.

cmellofan15
06-14-2010, 12:36 AM
I've been saying it all along, Lakers would be better without him.

hgtiger32
06-14-2010, 12:38 AM
its basically kobe and pau & then u hope to get something out of fish, artest, bynum, and odom...to be honest-i think the lakers would rather have ariza because that guy fit in with their transition O better than artest does, and idk...lakers need to get a PG with speed who can REALLY create or a dominant post player (ie S&T for bosh) who can help Pau and Kobe....

TebowForeva
06-14-2010, 12:38 AM
Dont nobody buy that crap, Kobe was on fire and he ws the ONLY one on fire, Nobody else has been doing jack the last couple games. Kobe kept the lakers in the game period when he went off because he had to just for them to survive that 3rd quarter.

Lakers are toast because Gasol,Odom and those other bums are not doing jack.

iam brett favre
06-14-2010, 12:40 AM
whos he going to rely on? ron artest? lol

ko8e24
06-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Kobe had to go in chuck-mode because the rest of the team wasn't producing on offense, but MOST OF ALL, were giving up too many baskets. So every basket made by Kobe was becoming nullified. He worked so hard to put the ball through the hoop, and then on the other end, the Celtics would get non-contested easy layups.

Kobe's teammates did not go to war with him, they let him go and fight alone, while they chilled in one of those strategic operating rooms.

robdizzle3
06-14-2010, 12:42 AM
I wanna ask you guys a question. What was Kobe to do? He got all them open looks and besides Sasha, nobody hit them. Gasol didnt want the ball, Bynum was missing and everybody else was off, plus Odom barely played in the 3rd. The game was slipping out of hand, so he did what he had to do. This is the Finals, noit a game against the Nets in the regular season. The Lakers wouldnt be in that game in the fourth.

FOBolous
06-14-2010, 12:49 AM
yea Tmac did the samething when he was on the rockets. hog the ball all the time and blamed our all losses on all the other players when in actuality...it was his fault for behing a ballhog. I hated Tmac when he was on the rockets and i hated all the tmac fan boys that infested the Rockets forum.

kobe24>lebron23
06-14-2010, 12:50 AM

come on man dont blame this **** on kobe he's the only one giving it his all out there everyone else just stands there waiting to be bailed out by kobe they are a bunch of ******* **** i cant believe im saying this but heck gasol u are one soft dude and as a laker fan it sucks saying it but he was non existint today ... lakers better step it up next game and game 7 as well(if they get there :rolleyes:) im tired of people trying to downgrade kobe... he is the best in the game please enjoy him and stop *****ing about him ruining chemistry when everyone else is freakin scared to take a shot when it matters

td0tsfinest
06-14-2010, 12:51 AM
whos he going to rely on? ron artest? lol

last time I checked, Lakers fans were praising Gasol's play in the playoffs. Shouldn't Kobe rely on Pau?

RocketsRule
06-14-2010, 12:53 AM
yea Tmac did the samething when he was on the rockets. hog the ball all the time and blamed our all losses on all the other players when in actuality...it was his fault for behing a ballhog. I hated Tmac when he was on the rockets and i hated all the tmac fan boys that infested the Rockets forum.

Way to turn something totally unrelated to McGrady or the Rockets into a post hating T-Mac fanboys....

Anyways, to answer the OP, he didn't have a choice. His team wasn't producing so he was forced to back into score at all costs mode. Which was not a bad thing, figuring he allowed them hang around to make a late run in the fourth instead of being utterly embarrassed.

kobe24>lebron23
06-14-2010, 12:55 AM
last time I checked, Lakers fans were praising Gasol's play in the playoffs. Shouldn't Kobe rely on Pau?

how can u rely on someone when on the biggest stage of them all he freezes, waists 15 seconds off the shot clock and then gives it back to kobe for a bad percentage shot bottom line is gasol needs to get to work

_KB24_
06-14-2010, 12:56 AM

Pau was not on the floor tonight. We saw the reemergence of Gasoft tonight. Don't even begin to blame that Kobe did not try to get his teammates involved. He spent the whole god damn 1st half trying to get them involved and even Mark Jackson and JVG mentioned how even with Kobe scoring 23 straight points and being flat out on fire, he tried to run plays for Gasol on the very next possession. This was with maybe 4 min left to go in the 3rd.

Avenged
06-14-2010, 12:58 AM
Kobe was getting others involved early on but his teammates weren't delivering. He ended up taking it upon himself to get something going for them since the Lakers couldn't crack the Celtics defensive system tonight and he came through. He put on a show in the 3rd quarter but his teammates just stood around watching. What more can the guy do? he tried to involve everyone but they don't come through so he started taking over but he's still getting bashed on?

shep33
06-14-2010, 12:59 AM

I think Gasol's play is overrated in the Finals.

Last 3 games he's shot well under 50%.

45%
46%
41%

Last 3 games. And if you were watching today, he wasn't getting to the spots he needed to get to, they pushed him way too far off the block. Haha I don't understand how this is Kobe's fault, in all reality the Lakers bigs played a very poor defensive game.

Boston needed this game badly or the series was over, they needed more than LA tonight thats for sure. Last home game for the Celts, last chance to win with this group of players, they laid it all on the line tonight thats for sure and it paid off.

Series is far from over, LA still has 2 home games... which people I think are forgetting.

GSW Hoops
06-14-2010, 01:04 AM

:facepalm:

Seggie23
06-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Who led the team in assists and got Sasha, Fish, Artest, Odom, and PAu the ball more than him?

Apparently you just started watching basketball because how would anyone else be able to get the other players involved when kobe is dominating the ball? It wouldn't hurt for him to look to pass once in a while

cmellofan15
06-14-2010, 01:10 AM
come on man dont blame this **** on kobe he's the only one giving it his all out there everyone else just stands there waiting to be bailed out by kobe they are a bunch of ******* **** i cant believe im saying this but heck gasol u are one soft dude and as a laker fan it sucks saying it but he was non existint today ... lakers better step it up next game and game 7 as well(if they get there :rolleyes:) im tired of people trying to downgrade kobe... he is the best in the game please enjoy him and stop *****ing about him ruining chemistry when everyone else is freakin scared to take a shot when it matters

dude, it was a joke.

GSW Hoops
06-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Apparently you just started watching basketball because how would anyone else be able to get the other players involved when kobe is dominating the ball? It wouldn't hurt for him to look to pass once in a while

Problem is he doesn't have anyone to pass to. Artest and Odom have been useless offensively, Fisher was afraid to shoot, Gasol was getting rejected at the rim and Bynum was playing on one leg.

Paulliwali
06-14-2010, 01:13 AM
Don't think game 5 was Kobe's fault, the game was the Celtics vs. Kobe, apart from Gasol who half contributed and the bench at the end of the half to keep the momentum. Kobe had to carry the team himself which shouldn't right for a team full of capable players that can score.

Don't know if it was the celtics D or just laker team not giving a fight and losing their edge, but let see if they bounce back in game six or ******* going down in LA

ABOMB_56
06-14-2010, 01:17 AM
I didn't know that ~50% shooting, 38 points and about 1.5 points per attempt was bad?

kArSoN RyDaH
06-14-2010, 01:18 AM
ohh yeaa the rest of the team didnt get involved?

artest- 2/9
gasol- 5/12
bynum-3/6
fisher- 2/9

bench-6/15

kobe-13/27 with about 3 of those coming at the end of the game trying to make sumthing happen.

no one could make any shots besides kobe. kobe is the reason we didnt get blown outtttt. without kobe playing his asss off and giving 200% every play we wouldhave lost by a whole lot more. kobe facilitated the ball throughout the whole entire first half and everyone failed to capitalize. you cant put the blame on kobe. everyone played like crap not named kobe bryant. if pau gasol makes his free throws, artest makes his free throws and doesnt turn the ball over towards the end of the game no one would be pointing any fingers at kobe. its crazy how much scrutiny kobe recieves whenever the lakers fail to produce but whenever they win everyone is praising him. the guy put up 38 points against one of the best defenses in the nba and being double and triple teamed the whole night while shoooting 50+% if you dont count those last two shots he missed in the closing seconds. this game shouldnt be blamed on anyone at all ESPECIALLY not kobe so just stopp. please..

kArSoN RyDaH
06-14-2010, 01:20 AM

your first post is attacking kobe? because the guy scored 38 points and gave it everything he had on the court offensively and defensively. he didnt dominate the ball at all. everyone had their shot attempts and failed to make em so dont talk crap and point fingers when you apparently werent watching the game.

Avenged
06-14-2010, 01:21 AM
I didn't know that ~50% shooting, 38 points and about 1.5 points per attempt was bad?

Apparently it's Kobe's fault for his teammates horrible night offensively, defensively, and lack of heart.

robdizzle3
06-14-2010, 01:22 AM
People are gonna hate on Kobe regardless, so it doesnt matter. He can never win with fans sometimes. Its either he shoots too much and he needs to pass or its he shoots too little and he needs to be more involved. Shame.

kobe24>lebron23
06-14-2010, 01:22 AM
dude, it was a joke.

my bad really thought u meant it

kArSoN RyDaH
06-14-2010, 01:23 AM
Apparently it's Kobe's fault for his teammates horrible night offensively, defensively, and lack of heart.

exactly. lack of heart. especially from hellcrooners boy pau. guy should have capitalized on about 3 attacks to the basket that could have been dunks but instead ended up missing and/or getting blocked.

More-Than-Most
06-14-2010, 01:26 AM
I hate Kobe Bryant... but you cant blame anything on him... Who can win a title by themselves??? This guy has a ton of pressure on him to carry this team and when your in the finals it shouldn't have to be that way. He is playing damn good basketball considering the David Copperfield type of disappearance by Gasol in the finals and the horrible play that is Artest. People want to toss in the Jordan cracks but Kobe does not have the team that Jordan had.

_KB24_
06-14-2010, 01:28 AM
exactly. lack of heart. especially from hellcrooners boy pau. guy should have capitalized on about 3 attacks to the basket that could have been dunks but instead ended up missing and/or getting blocked.

Note to Gasol: Learn to hold the ball in your hands off a rebound. You don't need to get rid of it like a game of hot potato.

kArSoN RyDaH
06-14-2010, 01:29 AM
Note to Gasol: Learn to hold the ball in your hands off a rebound. You don't need to get rid of it like a game of hot potato.

yea he did that in game 4 too in crunch time if i recall correctly where he got rid of the ball as sooon as he rebounded it.

Raidaz4Life
06-14-2010, 01:30 AM
It is absolutely amazing how naive people are... if Kobe hadn't gone on that rampage in the third we would have lost by 25... period. End of discussion. There is no way Kobe giving up the ball in those possessions would have resulted in us getting any more points. LO has played awful this series, Pau was having a horrible game, Ron artest? Self explanatory and Fisher jacks up almost as many ill advised shots as Kobe.

Kobe ran the offense through the team the entire first half and what happened? We shot 33% yet somehow when Kobe get hot and carries a lakers team that had been sluggish all night on his back he is the bad guy and the Lakers would be better without him? I'm sure these are the same players praising Lebron night in and night out when he controls the ball more than any other superstar in the league. The Lakers were outplayed tonight by a red hot Boston team and that had NOTHING to do with Kobe Bryant. If people were hitting their shots then I GUARANTEE that Kobe would have been more eager to get his teammates involved.

kArSoN RyDaH
06-14-2010, 01:33 AM
It is absolutely amazing how naive people are... if Kobe hadn't gone on that rampage in the third we would have lost by 25... period. End of discussion. There is no way Kobe giving up the ball in those possessions would have resulted in us getting any more points. LO has played awful this series, Pau was having a horrible game, Ron artest? Self explanatory and Fisher jacks up almost as many ill advised shots as Kobe.

Kobe ran the offense through the team the entire first half and what happened? We shot 33% yet somehow when Kobe get hot and carries a lakers team that had been sluggish all night on his back he is the bad guy and the Lakers would be better without him? I'm sure these are the same players praising Lebron night in and night out when he controls the ball more than any other superstar in the league. The Lakers were outplayed tonight by a red hot Boston team and that had NOTHING to do with Kobe Bryant. If people were hitting their shots then I GUARANTEE that Kobe would have been more eager to get his teammates involved.

this x 19279287239081738746824837798129109788721078292097 81

lakers (not named kobe bryant) could not hit a shot to save their life tonight it was terrible. and we got our butts handed to us by a hungrier, better defensive, and more physical team tonight. one of the few games that was actually officiated (for the most part) correctly we dont show up at all. :facepalm:

kArSoN RyDaH
06-14-2010, 01:36 AM
its funny how when the lakers lose kobe is not to blame and everyone else is when hes the "best player in the world" (lmao) but when lebron loses all the blame is on him and hes a choke artist and he quit on his team blah blah blah.

Kobe has 4 allstars on his team FOUR he is on the most stacked team in the nba lebron and wade would wipe thier *** with the league if they had the talent and coach that kobe has. and gasol is a top 3 big man in the league so theres no excuses lebron has mo williams who stands around for threes old man shaq, verajao and washed up jamison. wade has .... nobody to say the least and when they lose i always hear "he's not as good as kobe" what else does kobe need chris paul, chris bosh, deron williams?? and then some all the ignorant kobe fans wanna say hes better than jordan PLZZZ jordan on the lakers wouldnt even be fair!!

and you can call me what you like quote me a thousand times and say whatever but the next time you ignorant kobe fans want to bash lebron or wade or whomever look at kobes situation and tell me that he's not in the best situation to win!

kobe is in the best situation to win but when the rest of the team shoots 30-45% for the whole game it makes things tougher on kobe because he shoulders the blame. no one is even talking about lebron or wade. their talkin about posting the blame on kobe. kobe did his part his "all star" team failed to produce as well. and AS A TEAM the lakers lost because kobe cannot single handedly win in the nba finals against one of the most physical defensive team in the league. its not going to happen

ink
06-14-2010, 01:44 AM
We don't need any threads blaming players. They just start fights. Closed.