PDA

View Full Version : Home Court Advantage

NYKnicksNYJets
06-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Whats a tougher road win; TD Garden, or Staples Center?

Sox Appeal
06-13-2010, 06:36 PM
With the team the Lakers have, it's tougher winning their then anywhere else in the league.

But in a vacuum, I'd say it's harder to win in Boston. They're one of the few teams in the league, that has a crowd that I feel actually impacts the game.

Bruno
06-13-2010, 06:57 PM
TD Garden. As I've said for a long time, the Lakers don't really get legitimate home court advantage over their opponents at Staples Center. The rich fans who take all the good seats are too spoiled, and the whole atmosphere of the entire place is soft, weak, and indifferent. The Lakers get no where near the boost that all the other teams get from their fans. It's a tragic embarrassment.

gwrighter
06-13-2010, 06:58 PM
TD Garden. As I've said for a long time, the Lakers don't really get legitimate home court advantage over their opponents at Staples Center. The rich fans who take all the good seats are too spoiled, and the whole atmosphere of the entire place is soft, weak, and indifferent. The Lakers get no where near the boost that all the other teams get from their fans. It's a tragic embarrassment.

couple that with the fact that every team gets up to play the Lakers, whether its in LA or somewhere else.

Bruno
06-13-2010, 06:59 PM
couple that with the fact that every team gets up to play the Lakers, whether its in LA or somewhere else.

Very true. Teams come to play against the Lakers. That's why they lose to so many team under .500.

97NYer
06-13-2010, 07:08 PM
They are both tough places to go and get a win. Still, I wish every crowd was like this year's OKC crowd. That would make the game all around more exciting.

tr4shb0t
06-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Easy. TD Garden with their drunk belligerent fans. Staples Center has too many celebs and business elitists there just to make an appearance.

ldc62
06-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Easy. TD Garden with their drunk belligerent fans. Staples Center has too many celebs and business elitists there just to make an appearance.

Exactly. I think players actually like playing at the Staples Center (Lakers floor, not Clippers).

Kakaroach
06-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Its just as hard at either place to me. Sure the Lakers have the celebs but they cheer too. Plus as a player there is just something different about playing at home as opposed to anywhere else.

magichatnumber9
06-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Kobe Bryant makes the STaples a tough place to win.

_KB24_
06-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Its just as hard at either place to me. Sure the Lakers have the celebs but they cheer too. Plus as a player there is just something different about playing at home as opposed to anywhere else.

This.

But if I had to choose, TD Garden is one ****ing loud arena.

ManRam
06-13-2010, 07:36 PM
The crowd at the Garden is significantly louder, I don't think it's debatable. But the Laker players play better at home, more so than the Celtic players play at home, which is ultimately the most important factor.

I think the Lakers have a better HCA.

Evolution23
06-13-2010, 07:44 PM

x2 The Laker crowd is insignificant in the start of games but in the 4th quarter is when they start caring...

roshan3ai
06-13-2010, 08:00 PM
I thought for sure that JordansBulls started this thread when i first saw it

JordansBulls
06-14-2010, 12:14 AM
Whats a tougher road win; TD Garden, or Staples Center?

Staples easily. Other than 2004, it was the only series lost with HCA.

GSW Hoops
06-14-2010, 01:22 AM

Especially during the NBA Finals when tickets are incredibly expensive.

kArSoN RyDaH
06-14-2010, 01:26 AM
td garden. laker fans for the most part tend to sit their and enjoy the game rather than have any emotional effect on the players. and as like someone said above everyone bring their A game when playing LA because they are the champs and yea.

chitownbulls
06-14-2010, 09:46 AM
neither, the united center :). haha but no, the real answer is the garden

mikantsass
06-14-2010, 10:19 AM
TD Garden.... LA fans dont care if they win. In fact, half of them wear sunglasses inside the Staples so i'm surprised they can even see the game.