PDA

View Full Version : Does Dan Gilbert (Cavs Owner) Have Any Clue What He's Doing?

ko8e24
06-13-2010, 04:43 PM
I look at the guy and try to understand his basektball sense, and I say to myself....."I just don't get it".

The day after the Cavs get eliminated...HE HOLDS A PRESS CONFERENCE :facepalm:

And he starts talking about all this gibberish and tries to say all this politically correct stuff. And then, we hear the news a few days later that Mike Brown gets fired. Then, a week later, we hear the news that Danny Ferry steps down as GM.

Then, 2 days later, we have ANOTHER PRESS CONFERENCE by Mr. Gilbert where he introduces the new Cavs GM, Chris Grant. The same questions, same stuff are said, and Dan Gilbert and Chris Grant say all the "politically correct" things and keep saying they want to win a championship.

Everything about Dan Gilbert and his Cavs are on ESPN 24/7, whether's it's a small-scale press conference, the firing or hiring of a new head coach or GM etc.

Now, for the past 10 days, ESPN has been dominated by a guy that many of us who barely follow college b-ball never even heard of....Tom Izzo...

Izzo this, Izzo that, tells his players at Michigan state he's leaving, his decision is up in the air to coach the Cavs, he's not sure what he wants to do, etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah.

Gilbert is going after an unproven coach in the pros, and I don't think Izzo is the guy that will keep LeBron in Cleveland.

So after all of this I ask......

Does Dan Gilbert, owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers, have any clue what he's doing?

Thoughts.

Iodine
06-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Now, for the past 10 days, ESPN has been dominated by a guy that many of us who barely follow college b-ball never even heard of....Tom Izzo...

Izzo this, Izzo that, tells his players at Michigan state he's leaving, his decision is up in the air to coach the Cavs, he's not sure what he wants to do, etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah.

Did you just say no one has heard of Tom Izzo? :laugh:

And if I was getting paid an *** ton of money to do a new job and I already have secured my legacy as a top tier coach, no **** that would be a hard choice.

DerekRE_3
06-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Ouch...Izzo is a legendary college coach.

Kakaroach
06-13-2010, 04:53 PM
This thread is only going to lead to baiting/insulting.

Buckwheat

:laugh2: The guy who's never had a player graduate and not play in a Final Four?

homestarunner93
If you haven't heard of Izzo, you're either deaf or living under a rock.