PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on the Celtics and Lakers

Tqafg96
06-12-2010, 11:04 PM
I was curious to hear the opinion of other fans of the LA Lakers and the Boston Celtics. State your Fav. team and your opinion of the two teams and explain why.

Tqafg96
06-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Favorite team: Knicks
Celtics- i despise the celtics because i am a fan of most new york sports teams and the boston/new york baseball rivalry.
Lakers- I dont exactly like or hate them, however i am a kobe bryant fan

goose15
06-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Knicks fan

I wish there was a way they could both lose.

rjvacad
06-12-2010, 11:19 PM
In my opinion, when a boston fan and you post something like this, you're affraid you can't win if he plays.

I'm not too proud to wish Bynum to be all done for this Series. It'll be the 19th in my lifetime if we win. Let's go men!

BTW, he is playing. Lakers win!

king4day
06-12-2010, 11:21 PM
green and white - like
yellow and purple - hate

gbpackers12
06-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Knicks fan

Pistons Fan.

I second this. But i'm pulling for Boston because i'm a big Ray Allen fan.

PraiseJesus
06-12-2010, 11:50 PM
My opinion is that game 2 was a gift given to the Celtics by the NBA refs.

JordansBulls
06-12-2010, 11:54 PM

:rolleyes:

NYtilIdie
06-12-2010, 11:54 PM
I like the C's because of Nate Robinson, but I can't stand the Lakers.

Never had a problem with them until I joined PSD

thescore53
06-13-2010, 12:09 AM
i want the celts to win cause i dont want to see the same team win 2 years in a row..

0nekhmer
06-13-2010, 12:21 AM
I am a raptors fan
Celtics: i dislike them for destroying the raptors this season (only like allen and KG)
Lakers: i dont care for them, but i do find the games against the Lakers very exciting ( i like pau and kobe )

SugeKnight
06-13-2010, 12:22 AM
Favorite teams
1. Warriors
29. Celtics
30. Lakers

(I HATE the Lakers and Celtics, but when Boston is playing LA, I become a huge Boston fan)

chitownbulls
06-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Bulls fan

Hate Celtics, have always believed they have too many dirty players

Lakers, I dont hate. I am a Kobe fan but I dont want him to win his 5th title( I feel to many mj comparisons may appear)

dbabine6679
06-13-2010, 12:35 AM

LMAO... Celtics have "Big Baby"
Lakers have you "Cry Baby"

heathonater
06-13-2010, 12:42 AM
blazer fan

lakers: dont like them very much at all. i respect them and what they do, but i dont like them.
celtics: pulling for them to win this series. not because im a boston fan, its just because i really dislike the lakers.

CHItown_23
06-13-2010, 12:42 AM
Favorite: Bulls
Celtics: love them, probably second favorite team
Lakers: they're okay. i like kobe but am rooting of course for the celtics

fadedmario
06-13-2010, 01:00 AM
Better series than I thought. i still think LA comes out on top.

td0tsfinest
06-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Raptors Fan but I'm a fan of the good basketball in general.

I've always found these two teams at the opposite side of the spectrum. While one is a great defensive team, they other is an offensive team. I've never seen myself cheering for either the celtics or the lakers the entire year, so it feels kinda weird watching the series and not having a clearcut choice. I hate the celtics for several reasons, one being a division rival, and I really don't want to see the lakers win it again.

I've come to the conclusion that I don't really care who wins as long as the series goes down to the wire. I just want to see some good basketball.

questkat
06-13-2010, 01:28 AM
Nets fan here.

I hate Boston and LAL, but I go for anyone against LA because of my hate for them. I can't have the Lakers win because I live in LA and their fans are obnoxious, and I do not want to hear the Kobe > Jordan talks

ko8e24
06-13-2010, 01:54 AM
i want the celts to win cause i dont want to see the same team win 2 years in a row..

But 2 titles in 3 yrs is okay. :facepalm:

shep33
06-13-2010, 02:12 AM
It sucks because Bynum is like 50% right now, its amazing how good the Lakers would actually be if he was healthy, this series would probably be over in 5 if he was a 100%, it got to the point where he said that he couldn't even jump to dunk the ball in game 4, but i commend him for playing.

Honestly at first I wanted LA to win just cause I like the Lakers, but I really want to see them win because of Andrew Bynum. 22 year old kid is laying his knee on the line every night, and every night it swells up, with one doctor calling his knee about the size of a basketball after game 4. I really feel for the guy, a lot of stars woulda just shut it down and not risk it, but Bynum is showing a lot of heart out there.

So yeah, I just really want LA to win moreso for Bynum then anything else, he'd definitely earn it thats for sure. The guy doesn't even practice, but spends all day getting treatments to reduce the swelling of his knee. Even got his knee drained again today... Hopefully LA can pull it off for Bynum's sake.

Fireworld
06-13-2010, 02:13 AM
Lakers.

I don't hate any team. Although there are some players I dislike because of there personality in the media. I don't know these men personally to hate them. You guys hate players/teams because they beat you're team. Grow up.

xBLAMEITON24x
06-13-2010, 02:32 AM
No one is neutral to both teams I guess winning half the NBA championships combines builds up slot of hate and envy

iFYouSeekAmy
06-13-2010, 02:39 AM
Warriors -

I honestly dislike both teams really badly.. so I'm not sure who to root for.

Yanks All Day
06-13-2010, 02:40 AM
I do not want to hear the Kobe > Jordan talks.

I do not want to hear the "dynasty" conversation.

I do not want to read the Kobe > LeBron threads (crunch time, yes. all-around player wise, definitely not anymore)

No more "Phil Jackson greatest coach ever" articles.

I do not need to hear that Pau Gasol isn't soft (get over it, he is and always will be)

I really do not want to see Kobe Bryant happy.

Needless to say... go Celtics (only when playing the Lakers, though)

I really was indifferent towards the Lakers until I joined PSD. Sure, I never liked Kobe because he was always a ball hog and never showed the ability to make teammates better (until recently) but the rest of the Lakers didn't affect me. Now, thanks to PSD, Ron Artest can lock down Michael Jordan, Lamar Odom > LeBron James, Pau Gasol puts Bill Russell to shame, Andrew Bynum would destroy Shaq, and Shannon Brown might be the greatest dunker the NBA has ever seen. I was honestly surprised we did not see them go 82-0 and breeze through the playoffs. Thought it would be over by now...

iFYouSeekAmy
06-13-2010, 02:47 AM

I do not want to read the Kobe > LeBron threads (crunch time, yes. all-around player wise, definitely not anymore)

I do not need to hear that Pau Gasol isn't soft (get over it, he is and always will be)

I really was indifferent towards the Lakers until I joined PSD. Sure, I never liked Kobe because he was always a ball hog and never showed the ability to make teammates better (until recently) but the rest of the Lakers didn't affect me. Now, thanks to PSD, Ron Artest can lock down Michael Jordan, Lamar Odom > LeBron James, Pau Gasol puts Bill Russell to shame, Andrew Bynum would destroy Shaq, and Shannon Brown might be the greatest dunker the NBA has ever seen. I was honestly surprised we did not see them go 82-0 and breeze through the playoffs. Thought it would be over by now...

LOL. Link please?

sunnydayin'zona
06-13-2010, 02:57 AM
LOL. Link please?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Korman12
06-13-2010, 03:33 AM
Sixers Fan:

I'm a basketball fan first, and I can appreciate the individual talents of all the players on the teams (mostly Kobe, Pau, Artest, Allen and Garnett), but I cannot stand it in sports when the winners keep on winning and everyone else gets the invisible shaft. For that reason alone I'm not terribly happy with either team winning.

But, when it comes down to it, I hope the Lakers prevail.

jackdawson
06-13-2010, 04:53 AM
Heat-baby!

Celtics, simply because this is the last chance for them to win it all and I would love to see KG, Ray, Pierce retire with 2 rings. They deserve it. Also, I don't want to see threads like "Kobe or Jordan?":facepalm: after the lakers win. I know some of lakers fans will make threads like this.

SeoulBeatz
06-13-2010, 04:58 AM
sixers fan.

i respect both teams but im bored of this matchup.

jackdawson
06-13-2010, 05:04 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself. I never had problems with the Lakers untill I joined the PSD (although I never liked Kobe). All those Jordan-Kobe threads have been ridiculous and I don't think they are true lakers fans. I am sure there are more people on PSD who have experienced the same thing.

Iodine
06-13-2010, 05:09 AM
Heat-baby!

Celtics, simply because this is the last chance for them to win it all and I would love to see KG, Ray, Pierce retire with 2 rings. They deserve it. Also, I don't want to see threads like "Kobe or Jordan?":facepalm: after the lakers win. I know some of lakers fans will make threads like this.

Don't worry, Darwinism will affect them at some point

Anyway, I think the celtics just have a team more similar to the team I love(spurs) and if KG gets his to rings I can manipulate that to make Duncan look even better :D

Iodine
06-13-2010, 05:50 AM
I don't see whats funny.......... :shrug:

bigsams50
06-13-2010, 07:12 AM
Bobcats Fan.

Celtics: rooting for them because i'm a big fan of KG and Co.

Lakers: I always wanted Kobe to get a ring without shaq, and he's done that. But now i keep hearing people compare MJ to Kobe and act like the answer is clearly Kobe. I'm amazed at the age of PSD posters. If you didnt have to chance to watch MJ play, then you have so say in the argument what so ever.

TheWatcher34
06-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Lakers suck!

97NYer
06-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Knicks

I don't like either of them but I especially hate Kobe and because I love Rondo I want the Celtics to win.

CB4AB7VC15
06-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Raps

Lakers need to run the ball through Gasol and create more ball movement .
Celts need KG and PP to step it up on O.

Coin flip series, could go either way.

Tqafg96
06-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Don't worry, Darwinism will affect them at some point

Anyway, I think the celtics just have a team more similar to the team I love(spurs) and if KG gets his to rings I can manipulate that to make Duncan look even better :D

I'm not even going to try to argue against your logic:rolleyes:

Tqafg96
06-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Personally, i think Celtic-Lakers finals are one of the more boring matchups.

Iodine
06-13-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm not even going to try to argue against your logic:rolleyes:

Who the **** are you?

Tqafg96
06-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Who the **** are you?

I AM......................YOUR FATHARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::speechless::speechless:: speechless::speechless::speechless:

X12Celtics3
06-13-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm a Celtics fan, but I don't have as much hatred for the Lakers as I probably should. Part of the problem is that I honestly don't like the personalities of Garnett and Wallace at all, and Pierce's decision-making makes me cringe. I'm still a Celtics fan and always will be, but I can understand why other fans around the league don't like the C's. I honestly had more fun watching the losing teams with my two favorite players (Rondo and Jefferson, even if they weren't together long) along with young guys like Gerald Green, Delonte West, etc.

Iodine
06-13-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm a Celtics fan, but I don't have as much hatred for the Lakers as I probably should. Part of the problem is that I honestly don't like the personalities of Garnett and Wallace at all, and Pierce's decision-making makes me cringe. I'm still a Celtics fan and always will be, but I can understand why other fans around the league don't like the C's. I honestly had more fun watching the losing teams with my two favorite players (Rondo and Jefferson, even if they weren't together long) along with young guys like Gerald Green, Delonte West, etc.

Wow, your awesome. Not being sarcastic at all, it is refreshing for a fan (especially on PSD) to understand why people can't love their team

Hawkeye15
06-13-2010, 12:25 PM

this is a perfect rant. I too was pretty much indifferent to the Lakers before joining PSD. I have never cared for Kobe, I think he is arrogant, and selfish, but I always respected him as a player. Now I HATE the Lakers.
Kobe vs Jordan is laughable. The best player in the NBA is LeBron James.
Are the Lakers a great team? Yep. But there have been many better.
Needless to say, I hate the Celtic's too, but the playoffs, for me, is basically anyone BUT LA, so I am for Boston.

jackdawson
06-13-2010, 12:46 PM
this is a perfect rant. I too was pretty much indifferent to the Lakers before joining PSD. I have never cared for Kobe, I think he is arrogant, and selfish, but I always respected him as a player. Now I HATE the Lakers.
Kobe vs Jordan is laughable. The best player in the NBA is LeBron James.
Are the Lakers a great team? Yep. But there have been many better.
Needless to say, I hate the Celtic's too, but the playoffs, for me, is basically anyone BUT LA, so I am for Boston.

Good one. Seems like Lakers collected a lot haters (including me) by comparing Kobe with the GOAT and through continuous bashing on King James.

questkat
06-13-2010, 12:51 PM

****ING THIS!!!!!!!:clap:

Iodine
06-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Can we just label that as the greatest post ever?

jackdawson
06-13-2010, 12:55 PM

I agree. Basically summarizes what makes people hate the lakers. You have got all the reasons in that post. Props to him.

basketfan4life
06-13-2010, 01:01 PM
i'm a basketball fan, i like the lakers, so i root for them,and i am a fan of kobe, i hate artest and odom.

celtics--i love ray ray,but can't stand to kg,nate,g.davis and sheed..shouting on your man on defense,punching the floor during the game,yelling after every single basket you make, getting your tounge out of your mouth after every basket you make, yelling on a guys face after gettin very normally fouled and getting the call, dancing during a free throw,god i really hate these type of behaviours...but i have nothing against celtics fans...

showtym24
06-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Bit suprised. I thought more people had hatred for the C's. Oh well that much sweeter when we repeat.

masalex1205
06-13-2010, 01:34 PM

yep pretty much

Also, didn't really hate the Lakers until I came onto PSD and the majority of Lakers fans I see are from somewhere like Missouri

Hawkeye15
06-13-2010, 01:42 PM

seriously dude, I am down for that.

Reversed86Curse
06-13-2010, 01:56 PM

I totally agree with this, but can also say that before joining PSD, I was indifferent to LBJ, but the over abundance of homerism and James riding has led me to despise him.

Reversed86Curse
06-13-2010, 01:57 PM
i'm a basketball fan, i like the lakers, so i root for them,and i am a fan of kobe, i hate artest and odom.

celtics--i love ray ray,but can't stand to kg,nate,g.davis and sheed..shouting on your man on defense,punching the floor during the game,yelling after every single basket you make, getting your tounge out of your mouth after every basket you make, yelling on a guys face after gettin very normally fouled and getting the call, dancing during a free throw,god i really hate these type of behaviours...but i have nothing against celtics fans...

So you hate every NBA player..... interesting

Avenged
06-13-2010, 02:00 PM
A lot of Lakers fans aren't very good posters, I agree.

But there are some in the Laker forum who are pretty knowledgeable and know what they're talking about.

A lot of the so called Lakers fans the majority of you are calling out are posters who's post count ranges from 1-500.

The Final Boss
06-13-2010, 02:01 PM

Hawkeye15
06-13-2010, 02:08 PM
A lot of Lakers fans aren't very good posters, I agree.

But there are some in the Laker forum who are pretty knowledgeable and know what they're talking about.

A lot of the so called Lakers fans the majority of you are calling out are posters who's post count ranges from 1-500.

dude, there are probably 10-15 Laker posters who I really like, and behave rationally. But its the other 200 of them that give the good posters a bad rap. I know I am going to miss a few, Armin, Kobe24, Avenged24, still1ballin, cowboyskb24, superkegger, wilson, jna17, zefflin, lakersfan2483, laraiders, sp1derman, I have no issue with any of these guys usually. And I missed some, I am sure. You get the point.
But the hordes of ******** Laker posters who wouldn't know what motion offense is trying to tell me Kobe is the greatest of all time because they are 17 and have never seen Jordan play are the ones that kill y'all

Raoul Duke
06-13-2010, 02:14 PM
I hate them both. I with there was some way that both teams could lose.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2010, 02:15 PM
I hate them both. I with there was some way that both teams could lose.

haha, totally

LA_Raiders
06-13-2010, 02:18 PM
So far its been a very inconsistent series, no body but gasol has played well...

I hate the officiating calling a lot of fouls, and a lot of bad calls... i hate Pierce & Sheed talking **** when they been awful in the series and also cry baby and midget robinson overhype for one good game played. I wish Bynum was healthy...

Overall very poor final, I hope its gets better tonite...

I hope we win...

majestic
06-13-2010, 02:21 PM
fixed.

Bruno
06-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Isn't hating the Lakers because of their fan base kinda like hating the Grateful Dead because of Dead Heads who smell like **** and want your spare change?

Hawkeye15
06-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Isn't hating the Lakers because of their fan base kinda like hating the Grateful Dead because of Dead Heads who smell like **** and want your spare change?

damn, I totally forgot you too dude haha. Another rational Laker fan

Lakersho
06-13-2010, 03:52 PM

I really was indifferent towards the Lakers until I joined PSD. Sure, I never liked Kobe because he was always a ball hog and never showed the ability to make teammates better (until recently) but the rest of the Lakers didn't affect me. Now, thanks to PSD, Ron Artest can lock down Michael Jordan, Lamar Odom > LeBron James, Pau Gasol puts Bill Russell to shame, Andrew Bynum would destroy Shaq, and Shannon Brown might be the greatest dunker the NBA has ever seen. I was honestly surprised we did not see them go 82-0 and breeze through the playoffs. Thought it would be over by now... you seem to have envy issues...

Lakers.

I don't hate any team. Although there are some players I dislike because of there personality in the media. I don't know these men personally to hate them. You guys hate players/teams because they beat you're team. Grow up.
...i've read through
all of the biased post ,and fan team envy post .and all of you need to take a page out of this person book . fireworld 's post sums it up...:clap::clap:

thescore53
06-13-2010, 03:59 PM
but 2 titles in 3 yrs is okay. :facepalm:

yes... And also I iike the underdogs

Truheatfan
06-13-2010, 04:14 PM
i used to like kg but after the last two seasons i think hes a punk with that said i like ray allen and rondo and im pulling for the celtics as i hate the lakers and kobe cuz kobe fans are the worst! BEAT LA!!

foonaka
06-13-2010, 04:15 PM
I am a life-long Lakers fan. I HATE the Celtics with a high degree of passion. I always have and always will. I won't even allow anything green in my house...no lie!!! I also still want to punch Kevin McHale in the throat for his hard foul on Kurt Rambis in the '84 finals.

My kids also know that Celtics fans are not to be trusted (before anyone gets their panties in a wad, this is a running joke in my house...I'm not that much of a d-bag).

jackdawson
06-13-2010, 04:16 PM
yes... And also I iike the underdogs

;)

Raidaz4Life
06-13-2010, 04:28 PM
I am a huge lakers fan simply because when they are on, they are the epitome of great basketball. I find it simply amazing that they can almost always manage to field a championship basketball team even in a salary capped league (its not quite as impressive with the Yankees). I also enjoy watching Kobe play, he truly is something special and the work he puts into his game is inspirational at times. That being said....

It really can be frustrating being a Lakers fan. I hate to say it but we have some of the worst fans in the NBA. I guarantee that if Lebron went to the Clippers and the Lakers played under 500 ball next year that half our fanbase would be gone and that disgusts me. Our forum is absolutely awful as I have to read thread after thread about how "pick your player" played an awful game and therefore should be traded for Darren Collison or Chris Bosh or Lebron James. Our inability to appreciate good ol fashioned role players is pathetic at times considering everyone of them should be traded for a superstar.

And thats just the fans, its also just as annoying watching the most talented team in the league underperform on a regular basis, expecting teams to roll over for them. I think Kobe is great but come on dude just because you miss an easy shot does not mean that you were fouled. Missed buckets should not be synonymous with free throws. Pau Gasol has his diva moments and our bench seems to just not care at times. It really is a love/hate relationship for me at times.

I really like the Celtics style of play but I absolutely hate the mouths on their players. Rondo, Pierce, KG, Sheed all talk so much crap that I love watching them lose. There is nothing worse than teams that talk more than they play and that is the this years Boston Celtics.

Iodine
06-13-2010, 04:28 PM
you seem to have envy issues...

...i've read through
all of the biased post ,and fan team envy post .and all of you need to take a page out of this person book . fireworld 's post sums it up...:clap::clap:

Your name is Lakersho. You lake the ability to put enough effort to type out show. Why the **** would people be envious of the lakers yet root for the celtics, a team with more rings and a better win percentage in the finals?

Bruno
06-13-2010, 04:42 PM
It really can be frustrating being a Lakers fan. I hate to say it but we have some of the worst fans in the NBA. I guarantee that if Lebron went to the Clippers and the Lakers played under 500 ball next year that half our fanbase would be gone and that disgusts me. .

I agree. I've lived in LA for over 20 years and I remember seeing tons of Clippers fan pop up when they had a successful run in 2005-2006. People in LA root for the Lakers because it gives them something to do, not because they are invested in the team, or because they enjoy basketball at a sport. LA is so huge that it's impossible for the sheep to not be front runners.

I can't tell you how many times I get invited to "Laker parties" where once you show up, the entire party talks over the game, and no one really pays attention; its all for show. Most of the time the people most decked out in Laker gear (the women especially) don't give the game their full attention.

This is the attitude that makes Staples Center a pathetic "home court advantage" for the Lakers. We don't energize our team like other fans do their team, and the Lakers suffer because of it.

Bruno
06-13-2010, 04:43 PM
damn, I totally forgot you too dude haha. Another rational Laker fan

haha, no worries- and thanks.

Lakersho
06-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Your name is Lakersho. You lake the ability to put enough effort to type out show. Why the **** would people be envious of the lakers yet root for the celtics, a team with more rings and a better win percentage in the finals?

..my user name is spelled correct ,its a inside joke... but speaking of effort,use your time and proof read , "lake " its spelled lack.:facepalm:

mark1125
06-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Piston fan :hide:

I don't mind the Lakers but I have grown to hate Phil "crybaby" Jackson. I dislike, but respect Kobe.

Not huge on the C's either. From Paul Pierces exaggerated "injury" to Kevin Garnett. I do however like Doc Rivers.

Don't really care who wins. Just have it go 7.

thescore53
06-13-2010, 05:24 PM
;)

what is that suppose to mean :eyebrow:

jackdawson
06-13-2010, 05:34 PM
what is that suppose to mean :eyebrow:

That you always give me a good laugh. You are probably the most bipolar poster on PSD and that's by far..lol.

Truheatfan
06-13-2010, 05:47 PM
I am a huge lakers fan simply because when they are on, they are the epitome of great basketball. I find it simply amazing that they can almost always manage to field a championship basketball team even in a salary capped league (its not quite as impressive with the Yankees). I also enjoy watching Kobe play, he truly is something special and the work he puts into his game is inspirational at times. That being said....

It really can be frustrating being a Lakers fan. I hate to say it but we have some of the worst fans in the NBA. I guarantee that if Lebron went to the Clippers and the Lakers played under 500 ball next year that half our fanbase would be gone and that disgusts me. Our forum is absolutely awful as I have to read thread after thread about how "pick your player" played an awful game and therefore should be traded for Darren Collison or Chris Bosh or Lebron James. Our inability to appreciate good ol fashioned role players is pathetic at times considering everyone of them should be traded for a superstar.

And thats just the fans, its also just as annoying watching the most talented team in the league underperform on a regular basis, expecting teams to roll over for them. I think Kobe is great but come on dude just because you miss an easy shot does not mean that you were fouled. Missed buckets should not be synonymous with free throws. Pau Gasol has his diva moments and our bench seems to just not care at times. It really is a love/hate relationship for me at times.

I really like the Celtics style of play but I absolutely hate the mouths on their players. Rondo, Pierce, KG, Sheed all talk so much crap that I love watching them lose. There is nothing worse than teams that talk more than they play and that is the this years Boston Celtics.

good post glad to see there are lakers fans who can appreciate the strenghts and weaknesses of thier team and value thier role players.

azkarraga
06-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Cant they both loose?

Raidaz4Life
06-13-2010, 06:05 PM
good post glad to see there are lakers fans who can appreciate the strenghts and weaknesses of thier team and value thier role players.

Well considering how many people express their dislike for us its hard to ignore the valid points they make on a regular basis.

Lakers fans (including myself) can be very whiney at times... that is simply a product of not being used to losing.

Kobe is a very hatable player, from Colorado to his whining on the court a lot of times it is tough to like Kobe... but that shouldn't take away from the great player he is due to his unmatched work ethic and commitment to the game. There is a reason that players respect him more than fans do.

Vinny642
06-13-2010, 06:06 PM
I am a Hornets fan.

I hate both teams equally, but I want the Celtics to win this series because of Phil Jackson's *****ing.

showtym24
06-13-2010, 06:11 PM
I am a Hornets fan.

I hate both teams equally, but I want the Celtics to win this series because of Phil Jackson's *****ing.

Guess you didnt hear doc after game 3

Vinny642
06-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Guess you didnt hear doc after game 3

Well I kinda picked who I wanted to win before the series started....

Bruno
06-13-2010, 06:18 PM
I think most are rooting for the Celtics because they don't want all the Laker rubbish that has been floating around here on these forum for years to come to surface as legitimate. They don't want the previously unjustified to become more and more justified. It makes perfect sense.

Caps1989
06-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Wizards fan.

NBA Finals are such a snooze fest. If they arent pushing LeBron on all the fans 24/7 its this crap between the Celtics and the Lakers... we get it, its a rivalry. Move on with the game please.

BTW i wish all you Celtic fans would start pronouncing your team name right
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Celtic

KELT- IC!!!!

thescore53
06-13-2010, 07:57 PM
That you always give me a good laugh. You are probably the most bipolar poster on PSD and that's by far..lol.

HaHa. NO

mackworth
06-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Favorite Team: Celtics

Lakers are my least favorite team probably in any sport. I hate kobe. He is a scumbag. There is no one on the lakers I have any respect for except for Bynum. Not even fisher.

magichatnumber9
06-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Favorite Team: Celtics

Lakers are my least favorite team probably in any sport. I hate kobe. He is a scumbag. There is no one on the lakers I have any respect for except for Bynum. Not even fisher.

My only beef with Kobe and Fisher is that they try to act and talk smarter then they are. There both fake to me. I have gripes with my fellow Celtics but hey

drobe86
06-14-2010, 10:27 AM
i hate the lakers. They are overrated, and have always been. Come on tv every sunday and blah blah blah, its always a side show with them. It's never just about basketball. Whereas the Celtics believe in hard work and playing together as a team. I am no Celtics fan but I love watching them play. They play the game the way its meant to be played.......

Hawkeye15
06-14-2010, 10:35 AM
how can the current champions be overrated?

drobe86
06-14-2010, 10:39 AM
how can the current champions be overrated?

They beat a Magic team that got there by luck. If the C's were healthy or they would have faced cleveland they would have lost. La was crowned champion by circumstance. Wow they beat the Magic!!! This year shows when they play a real team they will lose. Just like '08 or all the other years they lost to Boston.

celtisox41
06-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Wizards fan.

NBA Finals are such a snooze fest. If they arent pushing LeBron on all the fans 24/7 its this crap between the Celtics and the Lakers... we get it, its a rivalry. Move on with the game please.

KELT- IC!!!!

Its SELT-IC in boston, its been their name for 60 years, you are wrong. KEL-TICS live in ireland

celtisox41
06-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Wizards fan.

KELT- IC!!!!

I agree with the lebron part but its not our fault that the celtics and lakers are always better than the rest of the league. LA shouldn't even have a team because half their fans dont care show up late leave early and are just there to be seen, but the rest of the league has to deal with it i guess. The celtics will win again

td0tsfinest
06-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Wizards fan.

KELT- IC!!!!

Check your link again. There's a speaker with the American flag and speaker with the UK flag, click on the two and you'll realize the saying of the word is different in America compared to the UK.

Oldmantrash
06-14-2010, 03:34 PM
I find this series boring.

I love basketball,and watch every game,but who cares who wins.
They both have enough titles already.

I was praying for either Phoenix or Orlando to win last round so I would have someone to root for.

I'm down to rooting for Ray Allen.

I hate rooting for Paul Pierce though.

Can't wait for the draft already.

shep33
06-14-2010, 03:58 PM
This series is back and forth, here's a question: If LA wins game 6 who is the favorite to win game 7?

Would the momentum shift back in LA's favor just like that, cause they're at home and they play again right away on Thursday for game 7.

I actually think if LA wins game 6 they'll win game 7 as long as Bynum's leg doesn't fall off.

If the Celts want to win this series I think they gotta win game 6, they don't want a game 7 in Staples with Kobe Bryant playing.

sep11ie
06-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Don't tell me what to do!

Da Knicks
06-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Knick fan, not watching the finals need more?

Da Knicks
06-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Lakers have to have a good team or no team in L.A. just like football you are only cool if you win in L.A. Nba knows this it is a business but what can we do the real fans love the sport the others like reality t.v...

Da Knicks
06-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Yo I respect you didnt think there were any real laker fans!

Da Knicks
06-14-2010, 04:44 PM
two real laker fans! Man I have nothing to say but thanks for respecting the game and not being homers...

Avenged
06-14-2010, 04:46 PM
:confused:

Tony_Starks
06-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Im a Laker fan and even though its a lil too close for my liking Im loving this finals. I hate Boston with a passion but real still recognizes real and so far the games have been won by the team that wanted it more.

Also for those that are hating because your team or teams aren't playing are you guys even basketball fans? I been down with LA since '89 but I've also watched every single finals in that time span. I mean I love my team but I also love basketball....

So the new fan thing is if your team isn't there just hate on the winners and watch cartoons or something? just curious....

smith&wesson
06-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Im a raps fan at heart.

LAKERS
-
i love kobe i want him to tie magic with five rings.
-i think bynam is a waste. too bad he is soo injury prone.
-Im not crazy about artest.. i think the lakers would have been better off with ariza. and artest was playing way better as a rocket last season.
-I like fishers performance in these playoffs he has really suprized me.

celtics.
I cant stand perkins and big baby. but they are good players i have to give props where its due.
- I love rondo & ray allen. Rond is slowly climbing in my top 5 players in the leauge.
- Ever since Garnet joined the C's he has turned in to a thugy, big mouth, obnoxious dude and i cant stand him any more, there was a point in time when he was my fav player. not anymore..
-I like tony allens performance in these playoffs, he has suprized me.

Im very torn about the boston team. there players that i like alot like rondo, ray allen, toni allen, nate robinson, and then there are players i cant really stand like big baby, perkins and garnet, throw scalabrini in there too. i think he could be the worst player in the league.

boolish
06-14-2010, 05:20 PM
I still worry the Lakers will win in 7. that's my gut. I like the Celtics more than the lakers.

Da Knicks
06-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Laker fans coming out and speaking truth not enough for you?

Klivlend
06-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Knicks fan

Cavs fan

Yes, let's have them both loose.
I'm not so much rooting for the Celtics as I am rooting against the Lakers. Can't stand Kobe, he forces up way too many bad shoots. It's just bad basketball

Klivlend
06-14-2010, 07:00 PM
I like the C's because of Nate Robinson, but I can't stand the Lakers.

Never had a problem with them until I joined PSD

HAHAHA! yes, it is difficult to stomach some of the outlandish things Lakers fans say

Avenged
06-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Cavs fan

Yes, let's have them both loose.
I'm not so much rooting for the Celtics as I am rooting against the Lakers. Can't stand Kobe, he forces up way too many bad shoots. It's just bad basketball

HAHAHA! yes, it is difficult to stomach some of the outlandish things Lakers fans say

Ahh yes, following the pack. You'll fit in just perfectly around here. :)

shep33
06-14-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm a Laker fan, and the biggest problem I got with the Lakers right now is their mentality...

Kobe Bryant matches the mental toughness of 3-4 Celtic players, but nobody else on the Lakers comes close to matching Bryant.

I read this report by Rick Fox, saying how he saw the Laker players absolutely deflated at halftime in the tunnel... and Fox goes on to say that Kobe saw the same thing, and is the reason he turned it up in the 3rd. Bryant was even caught on camera telling Phil that he wants to guard Pierce when Paul was going off during that stretch. That's terrible, LA is in the Finals and besides Kobe they don't have that inensity out of other guys.

I still think if LA wins game 6 they'll win game 7, and for Boston to win this series they gotta win it tomorrow... Its not a good idea to stretch this to a 7 game series with Kobe Bryant on the other team.

Klivlend
06-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Ahh yes, following the pack. You'll fit in just perfectly around here. :)

Why thanks for the warm welcome! Nice ta meet cha!

netsgiantsyanks
06-14-2010, 07:36 PM
fan of:well, its pretty obvious

IMO kobe is doing all of the work he scored 20 points in one quarter and they were still down by 8 to end the third quarter. nobody was producing during crunch time but kobe

xbrackattackx
06-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Bobcats Fan.

Celtics: rooting for them because i'm a big fan of KG and Co.

Lakers: I always wanted Kobe to get a ring without shaq, and he's done that. But now i keep hearing people compare MJ to Kobe and act like the answer is clearly Kobe. I'm amazed at the age of PSD posters. If you didnt have to chance to watch MJ play, then you have so say in the argument what so ever.

I'm a huge lakers fan and Kobe fan, But I watched jordan destroys players dreams during the 90's. Jordan was more dominate. And Jordan got in players heads and was clutch so yea.

omdigga
06-14-2010, 07:57 PM
im a knick fan so i dont care much for either team.. but bostons team defense is a beutiful thing to watch...

Mplsman
06-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Awesome series

dnl123
06-14-2010, 07:59 PM
T-Wolves fan: :facepalm:

I want the Celtics to win, because of KG, but I would love to see a good 7 game series and have it be close till the very end. I would like Kobe alot more if Laker fans and sportscasters would be real with how good he is. He's an excellent player, but they act like he's MJ, and he's definitely not, I can't get over that.