PDA

View Full Version : Would Gasol or Bosh be a better fit in Orlando than Howard?

king4day
06-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Does anyone think it would benefit Orlando to try and trade Dwight Howard for either Gasol or Bosh?

LA would do it just for the sake of having Howard long term. Make it a multiplayer deal and LA might even throw in Bynum. We know what Kobe and Shaq did a decade ago and I don't see things any different.
Odom is your PF with Howard at Center. LA wouldn't have the fear of him not resigning after his contract ends, even if Kobe was on the decline.

Toronto would do it without hesitating. The same goes for this one. Make it a multiplayer deal to get the numbers right. The problem is, Howard only has 2 years left on his contract and that could be the only window they have to build a contender to convince him to stay.

The reason I bring these up is, it seems like Orlando would benefit from having a guy like Gasol or Bosh as their center (even if it's going to make them a smaller team). Howard's inability to develop a solid jumper (and the fact that he can't make FT's) seems to make him a liability at times. It hurt them a lot in the finals last year and continues to cost them points now.

Even without Howard's defense, I could see at least Gasol leading the Magic to a ring.

If the Magic replaced him with a scorer like Gasol or Bosh, would it make Orlando a better team?

Hellcrooner
06-12-2010, 09:42 AM
No.

They need his toughness inside.

but they would be better with gasol or bosh in Lewis place or veven carters place

king4day
06-12-2010, 09:45 AM
No.

They need his toughness inside.

but they would be better with gasol or bosh in Lewis place or veven carters place

Yea even amar'e. They'd never lose in that case.
I just think Gasol (moreso than bosh), would be a perfect fit on that team. Especially when you have a stretch power forward like Lewis.

ManRam
06-12-2010, 09:49 AM
No. We aren't a great defensive team without him. He's really the only reason we are a top 5 team. Gasol may be better offensively, but Howard's defense is way too invaluable.

Bosh is overrated. He won't impress people nearly as much on a good team.

Valleyfella
06-12-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm a Raptors fan and love Chris Bosh, but he's not a franchise player. He'd be a great Pippen to someone's Jordan, but the Magic would be worse if he somehow replaced Howard. Put differently, and all things being equal, I'd jump at a Bosh for Howard trade if I were the Raptors.

ManRam
06-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Also, the Magic run the pick-and-roll and isos about 99% of the time. Howard is a better pick and roll player than both, I believe. How often do Pau and Bosh run it? I feel like it isn't a ton.

DQL
06-12-2010, 10:07 AM
a better scorer doesn't necessarily make a team better offensively. I guess setting screen, boxing out, etc.. are offense too. The Magic score a lot of 2nd chance points off Dwight's offensive boards. His value goes beyond numbers

td0tsfinest
06-12-2010, 10:13 AM
I'd take Dwight in a heart beat.

Anyways, trade Dwight for Gasol/Bosh and the Magic would suck on the defensive end. Dwight is extremely valuable on that team. He's their inside presence, their rebounding, their defensue. You take him out and the team will suffer. A lot of their offense comes off making those defensive stops. I hope no one takes offense to this but the Magic would be no where as good as they are without Dwight.

97NYer
06-12-2010, 10:13 AM
They are both MUCH better offensively than Howard. However when you have Carter, Nelson, Lewis and all the scorers they have, you need Dwight's defense and rebounding which is better than both Pau and Bosh.

JasonJohnHorn
06-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Either Bosh or Gasol would be more effective than Lewis. They need another guy that can get double-digit rebounding nights on a consistent basis and has a good inside game. Lewis is a solid scorer, inside/outside and on the drive, but his rebound numbers... no where near where they should be.

MagicBucsSox
06-12-2010, 10:21 AM
like is this a a real thread? trade Dwight Howard? for bosh really? gasol really? gasol is the same talented player he was in memphis it just look better with Kobe out there with him.
Wade.LeBron,Dwight,Paul,Deron,Kobe,KD are like the only players you dont trade

Black24Momba8
06-12-2010, 10:32 AM
I dont think Laker would do it they have problems now scoring with Gasal who would be there second scorer the thread should be who would play better with Howard, Amaire or Bosh sign -n- trade

MagicBucsSox
06-12-2010, 10:49 AM
I dont think Laker would do it they have problems now scoring with Gasal who would be there second scorer the thread should be who would play better with Howard, Amaire or Bosh sign -n- trade

toss up amare is better for orlando. he's use to the up n down offense and pick n roll orlando loves.
bosh, he'd beable to freelance and work his midrange game allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day. better player but better for the team?

Hawkeye15
06-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Howard for sure. Defensively, neither Bosh nor Gasol are anywhere near Howard.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Also, the Magic run the pick-and-roll and isos about 99% of the time. Howard is a better pick and roll player than both, I believe. How often do Pau and Bosh run it? I feel like it isn't a ton.

kobe and pau high pick and roll is very effective

Hawkeye15
06-12-2010, 11:00 AM
kobe and pau high pick and roll is very effective

they don't do it often however.

holocaust227
06-12-2010, 11:01 AM
They will get destroyed when its their turn for defense if it isn't Howard

Hawkeye15
06-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Obviously Gasol is better than he was with Memphis, but neither Gasol nor Bosh have proven they can be the anchor down low on a contending team (Gasol is the #2 guy now, despite his efficiency being better than Kobe's).
Dwight has.

The Jokemaker
06-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Ok first of all, swapping Gasol for Dwight on that team would make them a lot worse. Gasol wouldnt' lead them to anything because well, he isn't that kind of player. Put him on that Magic team instead of Dwight and it's as good as the playoff Grizzlies teams he was on that got swept every time. That's number one.

Bosh MIGHT be better but I see him more in the mold of Gasol but obviously better. He needs a star to go along with him to fully realize his potential.

I think Howard is the best fit for Orlando because he's an energy guy, makes great hustle defensive plays, and is a team leader. His offense isn't the best but over time I think that will come. Shaq was never known for his mid range jumpshot or free throw percentage and that worked out pretty well for him (in comparison look to a guy like Zydrunas Ilgauskus who has a jumpshot and free throw percentage and hasn't won anything).

Sadds The Gr8
06-12-2010, 12:29 PM
**** no.

hgtiger32
06-12-2010, 02:48 PM
i am convinced that PSD needs some sort of Sports IQ test in order to get an account on here and you have to score in the 90% range to get an account...seriously just stick to NBA 2K or NBA Live

thescore53
06-12-2010, 03:01 PM
first they'd have suffer from some kind of mental disease to even consider trading dwight for bosh

Hawkeye15
06-12-2010, 03:19 PM
i am convinced that PSD needs some sort of Sports IQ test in order to get an account on here and you have to score in the 90% range to get an account...seriously just stick to NBA 2K or NBA Live

there would only be about 30 posters then

_KB24_
06-12-2010, 03:31 PM
there would only be about 30 posters then

Many of our so called "high IQ" posters have made some of the most stupid and arrogant comments. :shrug:

Hawkeye15
06-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Many of our so called "high IQ" posters have made some of the most stupid and arrogant comments. :shrug:

I for one, know I have made numerous stupid comments out of my 9700. I aim to put down 90% rational haha, the rest, I can't claim as intelligent

Iodine
06-12-2010, 03:47 PM

I blame the fact that I hate most of the people here :shrug:

netsgiantsyanks
06-12-2010, 03:58 PM
gasol maybe bosh no

MagicBucsSox
06-12-2010, 04:30 PM
first they'd have suffer from some kind of mental disease to even consider trading dwight for bosh

true sports fan, unbias opinion with bosh in his avatar, i respect that

_KB24_
06-12-2010, 04:56 PM
I blame the fact that I hate most of the people here :shrug:

I wonder what happen to the poster, "GaSoft"? :laugh2:

I still think it was Crooner! ;)

Iodine
06-12-2010, 05:29 PM
He could post coherently so I doubt it

ManRam
06-12-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm closing this. It basically has just turned into a "how stupid are NBA PSD posters?" thread.