PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else have a problem with the Knicks free agency approach?

Pages : [1] 2

King P
06-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Am I the only person that has a problem with the way the Knicks are going about free agency? Honestly, I feel that they are going about it the wrong way. I know every team is really interested in Lebron. But the Knicks have this attitude of "Lebron or bust". They are interested in Lebron and only Lebron. You have a ton of players that will be available, but yet the only one they care about is Lebron.The other free agents should feel insulted. Dwayne Wade is probably insulted by NY, and I wouldn't blame him. When asked about the possibility of playing in NY, Wade replied "They don't want me, they want Lebron". I think Wade feels slighted by the Knicks. And Wade has something Lebron doesn't: A championship ring, and a Finals MVP trophy.

I know people will say: "the Knicks have enough to sign 2 max contracts, so they will be interested in another star player". That is not true. They are not going to sign another big free agent because they are truly interested. They are just using them to get to Lebron. If I were the other big free agents, I would feel insulted.

I'm not saying the Knicks shouldn't go after Lebron. He is the best free agent available and every team is targeting him. But unlike the other teams, the Knicks have not shown true interest in any other player besides Lebron. What if Lebron doesn't come to NY? What will they go and tell the other free agents? "We really only wanted Lebron, but he won't come, so now we want you". That's pretty insulting to the other free agents if you ask me.

Does anybody else feel this way?

JNA17
06-11-2010, 01:06 PM
the knicks are going to get joe johnson and amare. book it

Giaps
06-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Am I the only person that has a problem with the way the Knicks are going about free agency? Honestly, I feel that they are going about it the wrong way. I know every team is really interested in Lebron. But the Knicks have this attitude of "Lebron or bust". They are interested in Lebron and only Lebron. You have a ton of players that will be available, but yet the only one they care about is Lebron.The other free agents should feel insulted. Dwayne Wade is probably insulted by NY, and I wouldn't blame him. When asked about the possibility of playing in NY, Wade replied "They don't want me, they want Lebron". I think Wade feels slighted by the Knicks. And Wade has something Lebron doesn't: A championship ring, and a Finals MVP trophy.

I know people will say: "the Knicks have enough to sign 2 max contracts, so they will be interested in another star player". That is not true. They are not going to sign another big free agent because they are truly interested. They are just using them to get to Lebron. If I were the other big free agents, I would feel insulted.

I'm not saying the Knicks shouldn't go after Lebron. He is the best free agent available and every team is targeting him. But unlike the other teams, the Knicks have not shown true interest in any other player besides Lebron. What if Lebron doesn't come to NY? What will they go and tell the other free agents? "We really only wanted Lebron, but he won't come, so now we want you". That's pretty insulting to the other free agents if you ask me.

Dude, do you have any clue what you're talking about? The Knicks have NEVER made any indication that it's Lebron or bust. That's just media talk and you believe every word of it. And it's not even July 1st so how do you know which FAs they are interested in? How do you know which FAs ANY of the teams are interested in??

Donnie Walsh has already said that he has his main options but there are options A-Z... don't promote the BS.

Here is my quote, where's yours? (http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=KnicksPlan-100402)

"I'm not telling any plans. I'm not doing that," Walsh said. "But look, there's going to be Plan A, B, C, D, E, F and so on. It's going to be like that.

"I'm not going to write 'em out, no, but they're written out in my head," Walsh said.

BlkProphet79
06-11-2010, 01:13 PM

I think this is just the perception that many fans have. I think some fans feel that Walsh gave up on a promising rookie in Jordan Hill and the option to swap first rounders with the Rockets just to get rid of Jared Jefferies contract. Basically, many feel, that they gave up too much just to add $8-10million dollars of cap space. If you believe that, then naturally, the only logical consolation prize for sacrificing that much is Lebron James in a Knicks uniform.

If you actually look at quotes from management (Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni) they know that they have way more options than just getting Lebron. It's just that Lebron would be the ultimate prize. That's the thing about cap, you have more flexibility. I think most of us are realistic enough to know that we have more options now, than we ever had in the past 10 years.

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 01:15 PM
well, they are putting all their eggs in one basket, so Walsh better have a very, very fast backup plan if he sniffs LeBron not coming. Amare/Johnson is what I think they end up with. Then they need to sign or trade for a PG

PG
Johnson
Chandler
Gallinari
Amare

not a bad starting lineup, but their depth will be crap

JNA17
06-11-2010, 01:16 PM
well, they are putting all their eggs in one basket, so Walsh better have a very, very fast backup plan if he sniffs LeBron not coming. Amare/Johnson is what I think they end up with. Then they need to sign or trade for a PG

PG
Johnson
Chandler
Gallinari
Amare

Raymond Felton perhaps?

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Raymond Felton perhaps?

someone similar, yep. Someone in the $6-8 million range.

BlkProphet79
06-11-2010, 01:20 PM

PG
Johnson
Chandler
Gallinari
Amare

I'm lost, how does Walsh saying he has plans from A-Z equate to "putting all their eggs in one basket?"

pebloemer
06-11-2010, 01:21 PM

I have no clue where you got this idea, but please give me one quote where Walsh suggests this. I have never had that idea about Knicks free agency plans.

joe j.09
06-11-2010, 01:21 PM
knicks will land bosh and wade.
chicago gets lebron
miami gets amare and joe johnson
nets get boozer

rrude
06-11-2010, 01:24 PM
the Knicks have put themselves in a good position whether they get LBJ or not. Before they were saddled with terrible contracts, the only moves they could make were sideways or backwards--bad contracts for bad contracts. Now they have flexibility, can take back salary in trades if they want, sign FA's this year or wait til next.

and don't let one or two weeks of PT in Houston fool you, Jordan Hill is no star in waiting. Completely replaceable player

Hawkeye15
I'm lost, how does Walsh saying he has plans from A-Z equate to "putting all their eggs in one basket?"

do you really think he has that many option??? He is going to offer LeBron a max, midnight July 1. And then he is going to make an offer to free agent B. And then he needs to wait. So while that is going on, the Knicks may get screwed.
Him claiming he has all these ideas is great, but facts are facts. They will chase LeBron and either Bosh or Stoudemire. If either/all say no, they will scramble to get whomever is left. Not exactly a complicated thing here

King P
Whether it's true or not, that's people's perception of the Knicks.

Dwayne Wade was asked how he felt about the possibility of playing in NY, and he said "The Knicks don't want me, they went Lebron". Whether this is true or not, that's the perception people believe to be true about the Knicks.

pebloemer
06-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Whether it's true or not, that's people's perception of the Knicks.

Dwayne Wade was asked how he felt about the possibility of playing in NY, and he said "The Knicks don't want me, they went Lebron". Whether this is true or not, that's the perception people believe to be true about the Knicks.

So is that a problem with "their free agency approach" or public perception?

King P
06-11-2010, 01:33 PM
So is that a problem with "their free agency approach" or public perception?
The problem is that there is been no evidence to believe that the Knicks are truly interested in anybody but Lebron.

That's what it's been about the entire time.

Kashmir13579
06-11-2010, 01:42 PM

nobody else feels this way. if we get lebron... awesome. if we dont...... theres a bunch of other stars that would be glad to take our money. and if they dont take our money...... we can still sign melo next year. the knicks have been terrible for so long do you think another year of obscurity will break my heart? NO. and no i dont think we're getting lebron. this is a dumb thread p.s who needs bron when you got Bill WAlker!!!! (just kidding) (but seriously)

Lloyd Christmas
06-11-2010, 01:44 PM
I personally love their approach. Why not go after the best player, put all of this NY Media pressure on him to sign there, and say he can bring a friend with him to also sign a max contract. Whats the worst that can happen? Nobody signs there and they have a similar record to what they have had the last few tears? I wish the Warriors had the balls to make a move like this.

Giaps
06-11-2010, 01:46 PM
People really shouldn't believe every little word that is reported in the media. Public perception is one thing, but Donnie Walsh has never cared about public perception when it comes to doing the right thing. He does what is best, not what is popular and he's maintained that he won't over spend on anybody. This means he will look to pay players what they are worth.

Max players will get the max and 2nd tier guys will not get overpaid.

Kashmir13579
06-11-2010, 01:46 PM
david lee, cash and picks for a disgruntled CP3. then lebron will come

king4day
06-11-2010, 01:48 PM
The only one I have a problem with is the Jared Jeffries/Hill/1st rounder deal.
I understand it MAY lead to getting some big names, but if not, then boy what a waste.

Otherwise, Walsh has done a really nice job getting this team under the cap.
I don't think people realize just how bad this franchise was moneywise. At their peak, if I'm not mistaken, they were over 100mil over the cap and didn't smell the playoffs. Finally that mistake was corrected and the team does have a fresh slate. Even if they have a bad year this coming year, at least they still have a 1st rounder in '11.

nycericanguy
06-11-2010, 01:49 PM

:confused:

pebloemer
06-11-2010, 01:49 PM
The problem is that there is been no evidence to believe that the Knicks are truly interested in anybody but Lebron.

That's what it's been about the entire time.

You still haven't provided any evidence that it is all about LeBron, so you turning it around no saying there is no evidence that it isn't all about LeBron to make your point really doesn't stand in my books. And if you even just google "walsh 2010 free agency," you'll see a multitude of interviews and reports that talk about names like Parker, Carmelo, Bosh, Wade and yes, LeBron....

I think the fact that Walsh isn't a complete moron is evidence enough for me that it isn't about LeBron. What GM in the entire league wouldn't prepare himself for the multiple scenarios that can arise over an off-season? What GM in the league would trade away their lottery pick from the year prior just to have a better chance at a single free agency target. You give him far less credit than I do it seems.

BlkProphet79
06-11-2010, 01:50 PM
do you really think he has that many option??? He is going to offer LeBron a max, midnight July 1. And then he is going to make an offer to free agent B. And then he needs to wait. So while that is going on, the Knicks may get screwed.
Him claiming he has all these ideas is great, but facts are facts. They will chase LeBron and either Bosh or Stoudemire. If either/all say no, they will scramble to get whomever is left. Not exactly a complicated thing here

Sorry, but you're assuming that this isn't the same thing that every other Lebron suitor won't be going through. The fact is that once Lebron signs with whomever, the other Free Agents will fall into place. Every other team is in the same boat.

nycericanguy
06-11-2010, 01:51 PM
I have no clue where you got this idea, but please give me one quote where Walsh suggests this. I have never had that idea about Knicks free agency plans.

seriously, why start a thread if you have no idea what you are talking about?...lol

Da Knicks
06-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Hey guy if you actually went into our forum you would realize most knick fans are just thrilled to have a chance to have a good team next season. Not many of us believe lebron is coming but to even have a chance at him is a turnaround in itself. ps- you probably should of posted this on our forum since you would of got more legit answers than what you will be getting. Most posters hate the knicks already so you give them something else to talk about we are not dumb. There is a reason why people all around the world consider us the most knowledgable fans.

King P
06-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Like I said before, Dwayne Wade said in an interview that they didn't want him, and that all the are worried about is Lebron. Why would Wade say something like that if there wasn't any truth in it?

nycericanguy
06-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Like I said before, Dwayne Wade said in an interview that they didn't want him, and that all the are worried about is Lebron. Why would Wade say something like that if there wasn't any truth in it?

first, I would love to see a link to that because if Wade wanted to sign with NY we would take him in a heartbeat so he was probably joking. second, so if they don't want Wade that means they don't want anyone else? You do realize there are 6-7 great FA's available and more players via trade???

King P
06-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Hey guy if you actually went into our forum you would realize most knick fans are just thrilled to have a chance to have a good team next season. Not many of us believe lebron is coming but to even have a chance at him is a turnaround in itself. ps- you probably should of posted this on our forum since you would of got more legit answers than what you will be getting. Most posters hate the knicks already so you give them something else to talk about we are not dumb. There is a reason why people all around the world consider us the most knowledgable fans.
I was going to post it in the Knicks forum, but I didn't want to risk getting bashed by every Knick fan and get accused of "baiting".

I'm just giving my opinion on the whole FA situation based on what I have been observing.

King P
06-11-2010, 01:56 PM
first, I would love to see a link to that because if Wade wanted to sign with NY we would take him in a heartbeat so he was probably joking. second, so if they don't want Wade that means they don't want anyone else? You do realize there are 6-7 great FA's available and more players via trade???
http://dimemag.com/2008/09/dwyane-wade-the-knicks-dont-want-me-they-want-lebron/

BlkProphet79
06-11-2010, 01:58 PM
http://dimemag.com/2008/09/dwyane-wade-the-knicks-dont-want-me-they-want-lebron/

NBA / Sep 19, 2008 / 12:37 pm
Dwyane Wade: The Knicks don’t want me, they want LeBron
By Austin Burton

This article is from 2008...

King P
06-11-2010, 02:00 PM
NBA / Sep 19, 2008 / 12:37 pm
Dwyane Wade: The Knicks don’t want me, they want LeBron
By Austin Burton

This article is from 2008...
And???
You really think things have changed since then?

I don't think so...

nycericanguy
06-11-2010, 02:01 PM
And???

I don't think so...

i'm sure he was being sarcastic, if you honestly believe NY wouldnt sign Wade if he wanted to come you are delusional.

You are even more delusional if you think NY has no backup plan to Lebron. You should check out the 2010 FA list. It's not just Lebron & Wade.

PrettyBoyJ
06-11-2010, 02:07 PM
It has been clear to everybody that the knicks want Lebron.. but honestly I dont think they will land him.. Lebron wants to win it will take a few season to win in NY because you dont jus need 1 or 2 guys with max contracts to seal the deal you need some good role players and a solid bench.. I think Lebron will pass on the knicks.. and they will probably get not so big name

King P
06-11-2010, 02:09 PM
i'm sure he was being sarcastic, if you honestly believe NY wouldnt sign Wade if he wanted to come you are delusional.

You are even more delusional if you think NY has no backup plan to Lebron. You should check out the 2010 FA list. It's not just Lebron & Wade.
Yes, there are more FA's then just Lebron. But the question is, will the Knicks be happy with the other guys if they can't get Lebron.

I mean the Nets want Lebron just as bad as the Knicks do. But the Nets would be extremely happy with any free agent they could pick up (Wade, Johnson, Bosh, Stoudemire, Gay, etc.)

The Knicks would sign another free agent if possible, but will the be happy with it, or will they give the attitude of "it's cool that we got them but ___ is no Lebron/ I'm still upset we didn't get Lebron"?

BlkProphet79
06-11-2010, 02:09 PM
And???

I don't think so...

Are you serious? Two years isn't enough time for things to have changed? You're talking about 2008...when the Knicks had Zero Cap Space and the smallest hint of signing one MAX free agent, let alone 2 seemed like a a virtual impossibility.

Keep in mind that in the 2007-2008 season, Wade played injured and ended up getting knee surgery. For him to say, that the Knicks are more interested in Lebron, at only 23 years of age over him, seems like a pretty sensible thing, don't you think?

“The Knicks are not worried about me. They’re worried about No. 23, and he’s in Cleveland. First of all, No. 23 is 23 years old. He’s young. He’s very young. He’s one of the best players in the game and you only could see him getting better."

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Sorry, but you're assuming that this isn't the same thing that every other Lebron suitor won't be going through. The fact is that once Lebron signs with whomever, the other Free Agents will fall into place. Every other team is in the same boat.

except no GM or franchise has the same pressure to deliver something. On top of that, most of the other franchises have at least a legit piece or two, and draft picks, while NY has Gallo, and nobody else. So I have to think that no other team is as dependant on this summer as NY.

King P
06-11-2010, 02:16 PM
I meant a change in attitude. They were only worried about Lebron then, and now that they have more cap space, they are worried about who can the sign to help lure Lebron.

But my point is, it's all about Lebron.

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 02:18 PM

considering yourselves the most knowledgeable fans doesn't make it true. I had plenty experience with so called intelligent Knicks fan after last year's draft in the Wolves forum. You guys wanted to give us a washing machine for Rubio, since you figured he belonged to you

nycericanguy
06-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Yes, there are more FA's then just Lebron. But the question is, will the Knicks be happy with the other guys if they can't get Lebron.

I mean the Nets want Lebron just as bad as the Knicks do. But the Nets would be extremely happy with any free agent they could pick up (Wade, Johnson, Bosh, Stoudemire, Gay, etc.)

The Knicks would sign another free agent if possible, but will the be happy with it, or will they give the attitude of "it's cool that we got them but ___ is no Lebron/ I'm still upset we didn't get Lebron"?

Obviously we want Lebron, EVERYONE does, but If we come away with Joe Johnson/Rudy Gay & Amare/Bosh or Boozer, or are able to trade for CP3 by taking on NO's bad contracts, I don't think NY fans would be complaining.

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I meant a change in attitude. They were only worried about Lebron then, and now that they have more cap space, they are worried about who can the sign to help lure Lebron.

you can blame the media for that. NY fans would be delighted to attract Amare or Wade as well, and Walsh isn't allowed to speak of his intentions publically, so its all coming from the NY, and national media. That is where the false perception comes from. I guarantee Knicks fans would be pumped to land Wade and Amare, and sign Raymond Felton.

BlkProphet79
06-11-2010, 02:20 PM
except no GM or franchise has the same pressure to deliver something. On top of that, most of the other franchises have at least a legit piece or two, and draft picks, while NY has Gallo, and nobody else. So I have to think that no other team is as dependant on this summer as NY.

Right, but you said it yourself, "..pressure to deliver something."

...something is not limited to Lebron James...

Kashmir13579
06-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Obviously we want Lebron, EVERYONE does, but If we come away with Joe Johnson/Rudy Gay & Amare/Bosh or Boozer, or are able to trade for CP3 by taking on NO's bad contracts, I don't think NY fans would be complaining.

^^^ tru dat

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Right, but you said it yourself, "..pressure to deliver something."

...something is not limited to Lebron James...

of course not. He will be option #1. The biggest problem many teams face, is there are a large number of teams with cap space. If they make a monster offer to LeBron, and have to wait on his answer, in the meantime, Wade, Bosh, and Amare may be getting a lot of attention, and time is ticking.
Point is, like the scenario I pointed out above, if the Knicks end up with Wade and Amare, and fillers, that would be a great offseason. But your media is calling it LeBron or nothing. And Walsh has pressure to chase LeBron with everything he has, and NY had better hope many of the free agents don't just go right away while the Knicks are waiting on answers.

JordansBulls
06-11-2010, 02:24 PM

I've felt for the Bulls or Knicks if either of us ended up with both Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer that that is considered a good summer no matter how you slice it.

Giaps
The only one I have a problem with is the Jared Jeffries/Hill/1st rounder deal.
I understand it MAY lead to getting some big names, but if not, then boy what a waste.

Otherwise, Walsh has done a really nice job getting this team under the cap.
I don't think people realize just how bad this franchise was moneywise. At their peak, if I'm not mistaken, they were over 100mil over the cap and didn't smell the playoffs. Finally that mistake was corrected and the team does have a fresh slate. Even if they have a bad year this coming year, at least they still have a 1st rounder in '11.
I believe it was $120 million under Isiah. Thank God those days are over.

bkmikeyy
This thread is dumb....
it is the media's love affair with Lebron, not once have you heard anyone affiliated with the Knicks upper management that its all about Lebron.

Hawkeye15
to answer the thread, no, the Knicks strategy is not wrong. The national, and NY media need to shut up and quit driving away potential players by saying LJ or bust though, or it may be a rough summer for Knicks fans

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 02:26 PM
This thread is dumb....
it is the media's love affair with Lebron, not once have you heard anyone affiliated with the Knicks upper management that its all about Lebron.

exactly. But Wade's comments have to worry you, and show you the effect of the media. If nobody here understands the power of the media, look at who sits in our whitehouse. The media has enough power to do anything.

Kashmir13579
06-11-2010, 02:27 PM
considering yourselves the most knowledgeable fans doesn't make it true. I had plenty experience with so called intelligent Knicks fan after last year's draft in the Wolves forum. You guys wanted to give us a washing machine for Rubio, since you figured he belonged to you[/QUOTE]

yea and you idiots took 3 PGs in the first round and left us with ********. you traded ty lawson. rubio is not going to play for minn EVER and poor johnny flynn said publicly he wanted to go to NY. instead he's stuck in Minn. wasting his career like K.G did. seriously you drafted 3 amazing players and then you only end up seeing one of them play. T-wolves are most likely one of the only teams that show a level of incompetence higher than that of the knicks front office.:facepalm:

bkmikeyy
06-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Plus have any of you actually seen Jordan Hill play?! Trust me not a big loss on the Knicks part. Terrible mistake drafting him, trading him for cap space was a no brainer.

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Kashmir13579;13626773]considering yourselves the most knowledgeable fans doesn't make it true. I had plenty experience with so called intelligent Knicks fan after last year's draft in the Wolves forum. You guys wanted to give us a washing machine for Rubio, since you figured he belonged to you[/B]

yea and you idiots took 3 PGs in the first round and left us with ********. you traded ty lawson. rubio is not going to play for minn EVER and poor johnny flynn said publicly he wanted to go to NY. instead he's stuck in Minn. wasting his career like K.G did. seriously you drafted 3 amazing players and then you only end up seeing one of them play. T-wolves are most likely one of the only teams that show a level of incompetence higher than that of the knicks front office.:facepalm:[/QUOTE]

haha, thanks for proving my point. Flynn was talking about how he would love to play for Minny well before the draft. Rubio has said he can envision playing for Rambis, and is happy with the way the Wolves have treated his situation. And Lawson was the 18th pick, of which we moved, and have the 16th pick this year.
And you passed on Jennings to take Hill. Good call.

I love how Knicks fans like you claim other teams incompetence. Um, you haven't won a championship since 1971, are the self proclaimed mecca of basketball where everyone wants to play, can carry a payroll of over $100 million, and have sucked forever.

To the respectful Knicks fans, please don't take offense to this, just answering one of your many "knowledgeable" posters.

bkmikeyy
06-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Wade was not going anywhere anyways... who the hell wants to leave Miami?
He has clearly stated that he doesn't want to go to Knicks/Nets, and recently added Chicago to that list because they aren't "loyal". I'm not concerned about Wade he probably answered that question that way because he had no intention of leaving. That article was written before the Knicks even had cap space and before the media jumped on the Lebron to NY bandwagon so this has nothing to do with the "Knicks approach", Wade just said that purely from his own opinion if anything because he knew he was not going anywhere.

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 02:32 PM
forgot to add, last year was a draft full of PG's. When you are rebuilding, you take best available. This year, Wall, then........
Anyone wanting a young PG in the future will only have a couple teams to deal with. Minny is one of them

abe_froman
06-11-2010, 02:36 PM
to answer the thread, no, the Knicks strategy is not wrong. The national, and NY media need to shut up and quit driving away potential players by saying LJ or bust though, or it may be a rough summer for Knicks fans
very true.its more of a media+fan driven creation and not the f.o. strategy,i'm sure walsh's attitude isnt the same as op-ed's,blogs,fan posts,ect. that echo the "lebron or bush" type of attitude

considering yourselves the most knowledgeable fans doesn't make it true. I had plenty experience with so called intelligent Knicks fan

this.

Giaps
06-11-2010, 02:39 PM
I don't want to jump into the Jordan Hill trade because we can't judge it till this summer, but all I'm going to say is people didn't care about him before he was traded. Once he got traded everybody starting complaining about how they could trade a lottery pick with so much potential, blah blah blah. Knicks didn't want to trade him but did so because they would rather have the $10 mil more in cap space. We'll see what happens.

bkmikeyy
06-11-2010, 02:40 PM
considering yourselves the most knowledgeable fans doesn't make it true. I had plenty experience with so called intelligent Knicks fan after last year's draft in the Wolves forum. You guys wanted to give us a washing machine for Rubio, since you figured he belonged to you

What if we throw in a dryer?

Da Knicks
06-11-2010, 02:46 PM
No offense taking guy, but if you really want to talk about cap or anything else a real knick fan will tell you anything you want to know. Some feel they should get a player just because it is new york but it is also because players say they want to go to new york. Would ricky rubio be in the nba if the knicks drafted him or obtained him? possibly, why did brandon jennings go off on youtube? Yeah because he wanted to be a knick what about stephen curry he also said he wanted to be a knick only to be drafted by golden state one pick before us. Jordan Hill looked like he had potential and still does but we needed to get rid of Jeffries therefore the trade was made. Minnie thought they would get really crazy offers for rubio and they did not the kind of crazy they were after though...

King P
06-11-2010, 02:47 PM
What if we throw in a dryer?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 02:51 PM
No offense taking guy, but if you really want to talk about cap or anything else a real knick fan will tell you anything you want to know. Some feel they should get a player just because it is new york but it is also because players say they want to go to new york. Would ricky rubio be in the nba if the knicks drafted him or obtained him? possibly, why did brandon jennings go off on youtube? Yeah because he wanted to be a knick what about stephen curry he also said he wanted to be a knick only to be drafted by golden state one pick before us. Jordan Hill looked like he had potential and still does but we needed to get rid of Jeffries therefore the trade was made. Minnie thought they would get really crazy offers for rubio and they did not the kind of crazy they were after though...

I will stick with my basketball IQ, thanks.
And what difference does any of that make? NY media dominates, sticks microphones in front of kids faces, and asks if they want to play in NY. What do you think they say when local Oakland media sticks it in front of their face and asks them before they are drafted if they can envision playing for Golden State?
Minny isn't after offers for Rubio. They are sitting on him until he comes over next season, unless someone calls Kahn with an offer for a tier 1 player, which aint happening. You don't give up that basketball and marketing potential for Wilson Chandler and #8.

icon1914
06-11-2010, 03:00 PM

I hate to say it like this but your point is wrong. Walsh has made no mention that it's all or nothing... He would really be stupid to do that given the fact that landing James is a longshot given what we have to offer against other teams.

Rudy Gay, Amare, Johnson, and Bosh have all expressed interest in playing for the Knicks so it would seem they are fine with the Knicks making it obvious that they will try for James... As anyone with a brain would be... Wade had made it clear that his interest is to play for Miami with an upgraded roster... Why should the Knicks focus on him when Bosh and James seem much more open to relocating?

Don't confuse Knicks fans and writers with the front office. Sure the city wants to hit a homeroom after losing for the last decade... The Nets have a few solid players and the third pick, the Bulls are a move or two away from being a title contender, the Heat have a loyal franchise player in Wade... NYC is the only one that really needs to hit it out of the stands this summer... The front office knows that, but its the media and fans that are acting like it's LeBron or bust.

And if you actually NYC is the only team that will wait to see what James does before making other moves you are fooling yourself.

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 03:02 PM
And if you actually NYC is the only team that will wait to see what James does before making other moves you are fooling yourself.

yep. The trickle down effect will take place. Miami will not wait on anyone to throw a big offer at their hometown guy, but there will be a small waiting period possibly, to see what LeBron does.

LeBroom
06-11-2010, 03:07 PM
yea and you idiots took 3 PGs in the first round and left us with ********. you traded ty lawson. rubio is not going to play for minn EVER and poor johnny flynn said publicly he wanted to go to NY. instead he's stuck in Minn. wasting his career like K.G did. seriously you drafted 3 amazing players and then you only end up seeing one of them play. T-wolves are most likely one of the only teams that show a level of incompetence higher than that of the knicks front office.:facepalm:

haha, thanks for proving my point. Flynn was talking about how he would love to play for Minny well before the draft. Rubio has said he can envision playing for Rambis, and is happy with the way the Wolves have treated his situation. And Lawson was the 18th pick, of which we moved, and have the 16th pick this year.

I love how Knicks fans like you claim other teams incompetence. Um, you haven't won a championship since 1971, are the self proclaimed mecca of basketball where everyone wants to play, can carry a payroll of over $100 million, and have sucked forever.

To the respectful Knicks fans, please don't take offense to this, just answering one of your many "knowledgeable" posters.[/QUOTE]

Bro, you can judge from his post number that he doesn't really know what he's talking about... I don't even know him/see him in the Knicks Forum, so pardon for that guy. :facepalm:

nycsports2
06-11-2010, 03:07 PM

as a knicks fan it is lebron or bust

nycericanguy
06-11-2010, 03:08 PM
yep. The trickle down effect will take place. Miami will not wait on anyone to throw a big offer at their hometown guy, but there will be a small waiting period possibly, to see what LeBron does.

And Lebron James knows this, I'm sure he already has a good idea of where is he going, he is not going to make teams wait a long time, nor will they. I think by July 8th Lebron will have told the team he is signing with.

BlkProphet79
06-11-2010, 03:18 PM
as a knicks fan it is lebron or bust

I take it you don't approve of the moves Walsh made to free up cap space then?

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 03:25 PM
QUOTE]

Bro, you can judge from his post number that he doesn't really know what he's talking about... I don't even know him/see him in the Knicks Forum, so pardon for that guy. :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

honestly, many of the Wolves fans got a bad taste over Knicks fans coming in and blasting the Rubio selection. But there were a handful that were very respectful and came in with good ideas, etc. It just didn't match up. And quite frankly, our GM has a hard on for Rubio, so I don't think he is going anywhere anytime soon.
But there are some Knicks fans in the main forums that I have absolutely no problem with. But I will address anyone like that who tells me if I have a question about basketball, and the NBA and its basketball or business structure in general, to just ask them. I have a clear understanding of how it works.

JayAllDay
06-11-2010, 03:32 PM
They created room because of the possibility of getting Lebron, Wade, or Bosh.
No Lebron? Get Wade. No Wade? Get Bosh. No Bosh? Get Joe Johnson. No Johnson? **** it dude we got cap room. Sign and trade David Lee if possible. Go after 2011 class.

FA class might be crazy. I mean Allen Iverson might become sober and sign a 1 year deal with the Knicks. Far fetched? Yes like Clippers getting Lebron James. Yet they are both possible, yet improbable, scenarios.

Giaps
06-11-2010, 05:13 PM
What people never mention is it isn't like the Knicks had some sort of fire-sale of all-stars here...

-Marbury is in China
-Jerome James, Jared Jeffries were mid-level disasters
-Balkman and Collins might be out of the NBA soon
-Richardson was terrible for us and is nothing more than a role player
-Sure Randolph made the all-star team, but I still don't want him with that contract. Plus Lee would not have become an all-star himself if Zach was still there.
-Crawford is the one guy I wish we could have kept, but he was not a reserve for us when that is clearly his best fit, and he was making a ton of money

So when people say they gave up 2 seasons, I say would we be better off today clearing cap space like we did or better off keeping all those overpaid mediocre players? It's a no-brainer.

Kashmir13579
06-11-2010, 05:37 PM

To the respectful Knicks fans, please don't take offense to this, just answering one of your many "knowledgeable" posters.[/QUOTE]

you don't know ****. where do you think johnny flynn played the 6OT game that made him a lottery pick? MSG. Where does syracuse play several regular season games? MSG. he will leave minn. as soon as he can. mark my words. and rubio will NEVER play in minn. EVER. and notice in my previous post i even said the knicks front office HAS been incompetent. hopefully that is changing. the Timberwolves on the other hand, will NEVER win a championship. i feel bad for any good player that is unfortunate enough to land there (including MY BOY J.Flynn)

D-Leethal
06-11-2010, 05:38 PM
^^^ Giaps you're not supposed to think logically in the NBA forum dude!!

Donnie said he has plan A-ZZ, it is not Lebron or Bust.....having capspace can net you trades as well, we have much more options now than we did with our 96 million dollar 23 win team, and we won just as many games while clearing house so its not like our team got drastically worse, we were already bad

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 05:39 PM
What people never mention is it isn't like the Knicks had some sort of fire-sale of all-stars here...

-Marbury is in China
-Jerome James, Jared Jeffries were mid-level disasters
-Balkman and Collins might be out of the NBA soon
-Richardson was terrible for us and is nothing more than a role player
-Sure Randolph made the all-star team, but I still don't want him with that contract. Plus Lee would not have become an all-star himself if Zach was still there.
-Crawford is the one guy I wish we could have kept, but he was not a reserve for us when that is clearly his best fit, and he was making a ton of money

So when people say they gave up 2 seasons, I say would we be better off today clearing cap space like we did or better off keeping all those overpaid mediocre players? It's a no-brainer.

oh, they had no choice but to de-construct. And its a testament to many of you Knicks fans, who have typically been the most impatient fans on earth, for sticking with them over this time period. Obviously, NY is going to improve this summer drastically. Will it be to a semi-contender level? Or just a 4-5th seed level?
It is better in the long run to use these past 2 seasons to get rid of the garbage, and start over the right way

Kashmir13579
06-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Bro, you can judge from his post number that he doesn't really know what he's talking about... I don't even know him/see him in the Knicks Forum, so pardon for that guy. :facepalm:

Bro, your a ****ing numbskull. just cause i dont spend all day posting on pointless threads like you doesnt mean anything.. what do you know guy? STFU Fagot *** *****:clap: facepalm my ****, *****.

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 05:42 PM
QUOTE]
you don't know ****. where do you think johnny flynn played the 6OT game that made him a lottery pick? MSG. Where does syracuse play several regular season games? MSG. he will leave minn. as soon as he can. mark my words. and rubio will NEVER play in minn. EVER. and notice in my previous post i even said the knicks front office HAS been incompetent. hopefully that is changing. the Timberwolves on the other hand, will NEVER win a championship. i feel bad for any good player that is unfortunate enough to land there (including MY BOY J.Flynn)[/QUOTE]

awww, are you upset that you missed on all the point guards after the #7 pick last year that you could have had? (Jennings, Lawson, Collision)?
If you are going to make claims, it would benefit you to have links of statements. Flynn loved Minnesota the first time he visited it, and has done nothing but the right things since he got there.
I almost feel like its a waste of time to reply to someone of your basketball intelligence. I think everyone is aware of where he went to school, and the 6 overtime game at MSG. So what?
Knicks fans like yourself are the ones that give a bad rap to the rational ones.

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Bro, your a ****ing numbskull. just cause i dont spend all day posting on pointless threads like you doesnt mean anything.. what do you know guy? STFU Fagot *** *****:clap: facepalm my ****, *****.

I smell an infraction coming soon......

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 05:45 PM
^^^ Giaps you're not supposed to think logically in the NBA forum dude!!

Donnie said he has plan A-ZZ, it is not Lebron or Bust.....having capspace can net you trades as well, we have much more options now than we did with our 96 million dollar 23 win team, and we won just as many games while clearing house so its not like our team got drastically worse, we were already bad

totally. In all reality, they hit it with Gallinari, and I like Chandler as a 4th option for example. They will have the room to add around a couple of big guys. I wouldn't be planning a championship parade even with LeBron and Bosh for example, you still need another year to bring in some pieces, but Knicks fans have to be excited that there are sweeping changes coming after all this painful losing the past number of years.

Da Knicks
06-11-2010, 05:56 PM
I was not trying to insult your basketball iq i was just saying that real knick fans are not stupid. You obviously sound like a pretty smart indivisual who knows marketing and basketball so you would know that agents have to be wishing that the client they represent lands in a big market. If you dont think Kahn was thinking he could get something out of Rubio im sorry that is just my humble opinion. You just dont draft 3 point guards when your team lacks other things, unless you have an idea you could get something valuable for one or two of them. remember this is an opinion

uknowmyname
06-11-2010, 06:11 PM
The Knicks have 4 players left on their roster. If they are going after 2 of the big name guys they will pay through the nose. I don't think JJ is a max player by any stretcha and no one has seen Amare w/out Steve Nash. Now it is time to see what Walsh is going to do since his hands have been tied for a few years.

THE MTL
06-11-2010, 06:18 PM

I think the ignorant fan feels this way. There are NUMEROUS quotes from Donnie Walsh about how he likes the fact that the team now has options.

Giaps
06-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Plus the Knicks are finally able to make trades based on basketball and not on payroll.

Cromedome
06-11-2010, 06:32 PM
I don't mind the Lebron or bust approach...but I do have a problem with us going after Joe "the choker me first" Johnson as plan B.

netsgiantsyanks
06-11-2010, 06:34 PM
knicks will land bosh and wade.
chicago gets lebron
miami gets amare and joe johnson
nets get boozer

:laugh::laugh:

Kashmir13579
06-11-2010, 06:55 PM
QUOTE]
you don't know ****. where do you think johnny flynn played the 6OT game that made him a lottery pick? MSG. Where does syracuse play several regular season games? MSG. he will leave minn. as soon as he can. mark my words. and rubio will NEVER play in minn. EVER. and notice in my previous post i even said the knicks front office HAS been incompetent. hopefully that is changing. the Timberwolves on the other hand, will NEVER win a championship. i feel bad for any good player that is unfortunate enough to land there (including MY BOY J.Flynn)

awww, are you upset that you missed on all the point guards after the #7 pick last year that you could have had? (Jennings, Lawson, Collision)?
If you are going to make claims, it would benefit you to have links of statements. Flynn loved Minnesota the first time he visited it, and has done nothing but the right things since he got there.
I almost feel like its a waste of time to reply to someone of your basketball intelligence. I think everyone is aware of where he went to school, and the 6 overtime game at MSG. So what?
Knicks fans like yourself are the ones that give a bad rap to the rational ones.[/QUOTE]

psh i dont need links for firsthand knowledge. i've been watching syracuse basketball my whole life and it is common knowledge for cuse fans that MSG is Syracuse's home away from home. johnny flynn is very comfortable player there just like all other cuse players. It is common sense that he would rather play in the garden than in Minn. Dude, its Minn. its cold, its boring, and its just overall not a great place to live. i believe thats the general consensus in the states. don't tell me about my basketball intelligence, your the one trying to justify your obscure team drafting 3 point guards (four with the signing of sessions) ,only TRULY getting one of them, and almost finishing last in the league. do the math, you had 2 lottery picks and another 1st rounder. nice roster. In the end, at least the knicks got cap room out of this years draft. In conclusion, i think you are a douche-bag. you may as well not reply back to this because i won't be looking. p.s good luck with your team; hope they're better next year.:D

The Jokemaker
06-11-2010, 07:14 PM
I honestly think the Knicks are in good shape here. If they don't get the ideal players this summer (See James, Lebron), then they still have cap room for NEXT summer where Melo will be a free agent. And if Lebron passes on the Knicks this summer, I'd bet strongly on Carmelo signing their next summer.

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 07:20 PM
psh i dont need links for firsthand knowledge. i've been watching syracuse basketball my whole life and it is common knowledge for cuse fans that MSG is Syracuse's home away from home. johnny flynn is very comfortable player there just like all other cuse players. It is common sense that he would rather play in the garden than in Minn. Dude, its Minn. its cold, its boring, and its just overall not a great place to live. i believe thats the general consensus in the states. don't tell me about my basketball intelligence, your the one trying to justify your obscure team drafting 3 point guards (four with the signing of sessions) ,only TRULY getting one of them, and almost finishing last in the league. do the math, you had 2 lottery picks and another 1st rounder. nice roster. In the end, at least the knicks got cap room out of this years draft. In conclusion, i think you are a douche-bag. you may as well not reply back to this because i won't be looking. p.s good luck with your team; hope they're better next year.:D[/QUOTE]

keep pushing it. You will get an education in basketball. I would think plenty of your NY fans that frequent this site would tell you to cool off homie. You haven't made an actual point with any shred of evidence since this thread started.

Hawkeye15
06-11-2010, 07:20 PM
god forbid the Wolves draft Wesley Johnson, or I may have to deal with you at a future date as well

The Final Boss
06-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Who are the Knicks?

boriquaabe
06-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Who are the Knicks?

Wow what a funny joke.... you must be the second coming of George Lopez.

Funny thing is if you have been well versed in Lakers history you would know that the Knicks have beaten you Lakers twice for our two Championships.

boriquaabe
06-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Who are the Knicks?

Typical pretentious response from the conceited spaniard.

boriquaabe
06-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Who are the Knicks?

Who's Pau Gasol? Oh yeah that clown who is getting served by a player named Big Baby.

boriquaabe
06-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Haters galore. Why aren't there any "Does anybody else have a problem with the Heat or Nets or Bulls or CLippers or Kings free agency approach" Threads ????

Y'all are shook.....

This thread is so biased and one sided it should be closed!!!!

JNA17
06-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Who's Pau Gasol? Oh yeah that clown who is getting served by a player named Big Baby.

that was lamar odom.

fail :facepalm:

BkOriginalOne
06-11-2010, 08:09 PM
The Knicks are going to get a disgruntled star in a Sign and Trade for david lee.
Then they will go out and get Joe Johnson and a big.

I would like to JJ end up in NJ, though.

Raoul Duke
06-11-2010, 08:09 PM
I don't care, because I'm not a Knicks fan. If I was, I'd be twisted mad. Regardless, this isn't the time or the place. Let them fail in free agency before we start talking about how bad they've screwed up. They might actually pull off something good.

Haters galore. Why aren't there any "Does anybody else have a problem with the Heat or Nets or Bulls or CLippers or Kings free agency approach" Threads ????

Are there any other teams that have mortgaged their entire future the way the Knicks have, all for a small chance at landing one guy?

boriquaabe
06-11-2010, 08:16 PM
that was lamar odom.

Gasol is part of the front line right? Big baby is part of the front line right?

What difference does it make. It's a team game. And Gasol was getting served.
WHy because the Lakers were getting served.

valade16
06-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Gasol is part of the front line right? Big baby is part of the front line right?

What difference does it make. It's a team game. And Gasol was getting served.
WHy because the Lakers were getting served.

Series tied 2-2, that's a strange way of "getting served" :rolleyes:

boriquaabe
06-11-2010, 08:19 PM
that was lamar odom.

And Gachump couldn't do anything about it could he?????

Therefore he was getting SERVED? Baby served up a plate for all those cats last night.

boriquaabe
06-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Series tied 2-2, that's a strange way of "getting served" :rolleyes:

Last night the Lakers got SERVED!!! and since that was the more recent past then saying the Lakers are getting served is quite accurate.;)

bkmikeyy
06-11-2010, 08:22 PM
I don't care, because I'm not a Knicks fan. If I was, I'd be twisted mad. Regardless, this isn't the time or the place. Let them fail in free agency before we start talking about how bad they've screwed up. They might actually pull off something good.

Are there any other teams that have mortgaged their entire future the way the Knicks have, all for a small chance at landing one guy?

THANK YOU....these constant anti New York threads are getting ridiculous. There are a handful of teams doing the same thing as them. I'm used to it though NY gets hated on by the rest of the country all the time. I bet IF the Knicks make a big splash this free agency we will see a "NY is an evil empire that buys their teams and is spoiled...etc etc" thread start to pop up.

_Supreme_
06-11-2010, 08:23 PM
How did a NY Knicks free agency thread end up becoming a Celtics vs Lakers catfight :catfight:

Dieselpi
06-11-2010, 08:25 PM
i think your perception of the teams approach is off, considering none of us are privy to what donnie walsh is thinking or planning. Furthermore its been made clear in interviews with walsh that he has other plans besides lebron.

Just because the media is blowing smoke in one direction doesnt mean the team isnt prepared. And why would you want them talking about guys like joe johnson? to gas him up and convince him he is worth more than he really is?

donnie strikes me as a inteligent basketball mind, i dont see him stocking the roster with b level free agents just to sign someone. If they whif on lebron I really think they will make a push for melo.

saintdrew
06-11-2010, 08:34 PM
My balls itch

boriquaabe
06-11-2010, 08:37 PM
How did a NY Knicks free agency thread end up becoming a Celtics vs Lakers catfight :catfight:

Basically because if your team isn't named the La Lakers you don't exist...

iFYouSeekAmy
06-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Interweb drama!

heathonater
06-11-2010, 10:13 PM
i did initially, but this is the best strategy for ny to get quick. even if the dont get lebron, they will still get two very good players this offseason and should compete for a playoff spot. its better to go after stars in a loaded free agent class then to hold on to bad and bloated contracts.

Giaps
06-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Please tell me how they've mortgaged their entire future??? I would love to hear this.

PC
06-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Please tell me how they've mortgaged their entire future??? I would love to hear this.

Clearly Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford were our entire future

NBA-GMaster
06-11-2010, 11:06 PM
I think LeBron will sign either of these 2 (Cleveland or Chicago)
Wade might stay in miami or go to chicago
Stoudemire wants to sign with Phoenix

Bosh (Houston, Chicago, NY, Miami and LA)

JJohnson and Boozer I think their 1st option is NY, next option is Miami..

Da Knicks
06-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Hey I got an idea lets start a new thread about lebron and the knicks everyday and get people to talk about them, then we can all ask why we are talking about the same thing every day!

Raoul Duke
06-11-2010, 11:49 PM
Holy god. Knicks fans have become like those people who deny the holocaust. I give up. You win. Your franchise is in great shape and brimming with talent. Yay capitalism!

HOZ THE KNICK
06-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Holy god. Knicks fans have become like those people who deny the holocaust. I give up. You win. Your franchise is in great shape and brimming with talent. Yay capitalism!

???

csenoner
06-12-2010, 12:20 AM
you are making no sense.

everything you say about the knicks' is rather just speculation by the media or ny magazine or fans.

The knicks are not allowed to discuss any of the players until july1.

they have not made their position clear. to say its lebron or bust is your opinion based on the speculation of others.

no one in the knicks org has said lebron or bust or even made statements that could lead you to make that claim

in fact all we've heard is there is a plan a , plan b, plan c etc all the way up. not sure where you are getting this idea.

every team with cap space is talked about in reference to bron. not just the knicks.

and for wade to be mad at being slighted makes no sense. he cant have been slighted yet cuz the knicks can talk to anyone yet. they need to slight everyone until july 1.

its wade who was said he wants to stay on the heat and who is recruiting for the heat. if anything the knicks should feel slighted by wade.

to be honest i think a wade and dirk combo would be better than bron and bosh.

just wait until july 1 then complain. you can pretend that you know the knicks plan but you dont.

jackdawson
06-12-2010, 12:20 AM
someone similar, yep. Someone in the $6-8 million range.

Won't have anything left after signing Amare and Joe. They have to pay max both of them. Aamre and JJ will get max offers probably from nets, bulls, or heat.

bedford1829
06-12-2010, 12:22 AM
The current front office for the knicks has never stated one way or another that they covet lebron and only lebron. If anything there has been a lack of any quotes or even grumblings from the front office.

To understand whats going on, one has to understand the power of the NY market.

Lebron would be huge for advertising, retail sales, newspaper sales., etc.
It has been NY economic and media interests that have been pushing Lebron.
NY as a city wants the economic windfall that comes along with Lebron in the big apple
And Newspapers such of the NY Daily news and NY Post will post back page after back pages of outrageous headlines to sell newspapers (which arent selling otherwise as well as they once were). Then you can see how this kind of breathes a life of its own.

Even starving knicks fans on PSD have pushed the Lebron hysteria.

jackdawson
06-12-2010, 12:26 AM
nvm...

jackdawson
06-12-2010, 12:37 AM

Heat will not wait a second to offer Wade. His is the first and foremost goal. Of course they will offer LeBron and wait for him before they go to the next guy (Bosh), but everything comes after Wade.

RipVW
06-12-2010, 12:42 AM
I don't mind the Lebron or bust approach...but I do have a problem with us going after Joe "the choker me first" Johnson as plan B.

This is a sensible attitude to have. As a Bulls fan, I feel the same way. I dont mind paying max money to players who deserve it. But I dont want to see the team tie up money in a player who doesnt deserve it, purely because they cleared so much cap room. Cap flexibility is good to have.

RipVW
06-12-2010, 12:45 AM
I think LeBron will sign either of these 2 (Cleveland or Chicago)
Wade might stay in miami or go to chicago
Stoudemire wants to sign with Phoenix

Bosh (Houston, Chicago, NY, Miami and LA)

JJohnson and Boozer I think their 1st option is NY, next option is Miami..

Wade's not coming to Chicago. A) He's not wanted here, and B) he has had problems with an ex-wife who lives here.

jackdawson
06-12-2010, 12:48 AM

Dude, knicks fans are way better than the bulls fans.

JFresh_#8Nets
06-12-2010, 01:12 AM
david lee, cash and picks for a disgruntled CP3. then lebron will come

I doubt that. they already have okafor and d west under contracts. and what picks would the knicks offer? they would want a lottery pick in return in which the knicks don't have

Tony_Starks
06-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Its pretty horrible to basically tank 2 years for a mere shot at Lebron. I feel more for the fans more than anything they're pretty loyal. They could've builded through the draft. They could've made wise free agent signings. They could've built around Crawford and Randolph. NOPE. Its Lebron or bust! Bad plan about to backfire....

HOZ THE KNICK
06-12-2010, 10:34 AM
with or without lebron we are moving in the right direction, don't forget we have curry 11.3 mil coming off the cap as well after next season...........my point we have options we can make deals via trades especially salary cap dumps from teams that is over the capor trying to position themselves for the 2011 free agent class featuring carmelo...........i love the position this team in like it or not walsh did what he had to do.........yeah

magichatnumber9
06-12-2010, 10:47 AM
I think the Knicks should grab Bosh, and resign David Lee. You guys have you point guard, now you just need to focus on a solid 3 and 4, plus you have Gallo if Lee doesn't go through. I wouldn't worry if you don't sign Lebron you can build a great team in NY

Hawkeye15
06-12-2010, 10:50 AM
the Knicks have a PG?

HOZ THE KNICK
06-12-2010, 11:13 AM
the Knicks have a PG?

remember the name..........toney douglas.............you will be surprised

Hawkeye15
06-12-2010, 11:19 AM
remember the name..........toney douglas.............you will be surprised

I like him fine, but he is more of a scoring PG, not a playmaker from the various games I watched. Good shooter though, for sure.

bigtime1957
06-12-2010, 11:20 AM
NY will end up with no big name free agents. As long as Dolan owns this team. You will be losers. You will have another team full of nobodys. And still be bad for many many years. James in no way will come to NY he has used you to build up more publicity for himself. He don't need NY and that team is a big joke. Live with it boys and girls.

hype707
06-12-2010, 11:21 AM
knicks will suck again next year

nycericanguy
06-12-2010, 11:23 AM
I like him fine, but he is more of a scoring PG, not a playmaker from the various games I watched. Good shooter though, for sure.

it all depends who we sign, Douglas was made to play alongside Lebron, great defender & great spot up shooter who doesnt need the ball to be effective.

Now if we don't get Lebron we would need a playmaking PG, but reports are NO has apparently made Collison available to anyone willing to take Okafor's contract... =)

Giaps
06-12-2010, 11:30 AM
NY will end up with no big name free agents. As long as Dolan owns this team. You will be losers. You will have another team full of nobodys. And still be bad for many many years. James in no way will come to NY he has used you to build up more publicity for himself. He don't need NY and that team is a big joke. Live with it boys and girls.
Hi hater.

Hawkeye15
06-12-2010, 11:50 AM
it all depends who we sign, Douglas was made to play alongside Lebron, great defender & great spot up shooter who doesnt need the ball to be effective.

Now if we don't get Lebron we would need a playmaking PG, but reports are NO has apparently made Collison available to anyone willing to take Okafor's contract... =)

good point. He is a Mo Williams type.

BlkProphet79
06-12-2010, 12:17 PM
good point. He is a Mo Williams type.

...who shoots far less than Mo and plays very good defense...

Giaps
06-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Its pretty horrible to basically tank 2 years for a mere shot at Lebron. I feel more for the fans more than anything they're pretty loyal. They could've builded through the draft. They could've made wise free agent signings. They could've built around Crawford and Randolph. NOPE. Its Lebron or bust! Bad plan about to backfire....
Build through the draft?

Our 2008 pick was Gallinari
Our 2009 pick was Hill
We have no 2010 pick from the Marbury trade
We swapped picks with Houston for 2011
We traded our 2012 pick to Houston

So to wait 5 years for these drafts, even 4 years, you are looking at a minimum of 7 years till you are relevant again (2-3 more years for the rookies to develop into their potential). This way we waited 2 years and I'm all for it... most Knick fans are.

And build around Randolph and Crawford??? You can't be serious.... at least I hope you're not.

Dieselpi
06-12-2010, 12:21 PM

lol they tanked two years?

to tank a season you have to be good and try to be bad
have you watched the knicks the last few years?
they dont have to try to be bad..... they have been attrocious

knickfan371
06-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Yeah the media is playing that lebron or bust stuff up in nyc papers

bkmikeyy
06-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Knicks are tanking?! Clearly you know nothing and just looking for something negative to say. Fact is, Knicks cleared a lot of cap without getting any worse. Check the standings the few years before they did this and you will see they were just as bad if not worse. This year was their most exciting team in years and had they not had the worst starting PG the NBA has ever seen (Duhon) and some greedy players looking for contracts (Harrington, Hughes) they would have been closer to playoff contention. The month the Knicks fell out of the race, Duhon averaged 5 points and 6 assist per game shooting 32% while playing starter minutes...amazing I know. They will be a better team next year regardless of who or what they sign just by losing some of these bums.

knickfan371
06-12-2010, 12:33 PM
i think the knicks have the rights to swap in 2011

knickfan371
06-12-2010, 12:35 PM
how was hughes looking for a Contract.?he got very little play .smh

BAMF
06-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Seems like there are a lot of ignorant nba fans and there are a few educated fans here. If LBJ comes then great if he doesnt then at least we'll be better off then the past decade. We finally have cap space, that's something we havent had in awhile. I love how everyone hates the knicks, hate all u want, drink your orange and blue hatorade, i'll always be proud to wear the blue and orange weather they suck or not.

NYtilIdie
06-12-2010, 08:12 PM
I swear the Knicks are the new Ice Cube, muthaf***ers hate to like you.

slamfan4life
06-12-2010, 08:13 PM
you gotta do what you gotta do, they believe its gonna work so let em loose

lol @ free membership for life at a strip club for lebron

BAMF
06-12-2010, 08:27 PM
i love bulls fans! Love to hate the knicks.

Giaps
06-12-2010, 09:49 PM
i love bulls fans! Love to hate the knicks.
Never gonna change. It will only get worse if we meet in the playoffs again.

elizur
06-12-2010, 10:08 PM
So, to answer your original question, yes you are the only one with a problem.

mrker
06-12-2010, 11:32 PM
To your original question.... No one will have a problem if they get LBJ but as i belive LBJ is not going to the knicks,they will end up like the pistons( over paying deals to people not named LBJ or WADE ) and all that cap space will last all of couple days after july 1 and then they will go back to salary cap hell. (two max deals startinging and ending at the same time) that sound pretty bad unless one of them is wade or lebron

nycericanguy
06-12-2010, 11:37 PM
To your original question.... No one will have a problem if they get LBJ but as i belive LBJ is not going to the knicks,they will end up like the pistons( over paying deals to people not named LBJ or WADE ) and all that cap space will last all of couple days after july 1 and then they will go back to salary cap hell. (two max deals startinging and ending at the same time) that sound pretty bad unless one of them is wade or lebron

one of the more uneducated posts in this thread...clearly you don't know Walsh and don't follow NY basketball.

mrker
06-12-2010, 11:39 PM
I have a huge problem with the way the knicks have handled the idea of clearing the decks 2-3 years out but if it works it kind of gives hope to teams that really cant draft well.. I PRAY IT WON`T WORK..... knicks build your team thru picks or aleast make smart trades to bring people in, not ship everyone out and start throwing cash around

topdog
06-12-2010, 11:53 PM
I have a different problem with the Knicks' approach to FA. Why not target Lebron? He's option #1 and Wade has been leaning more than anyone toward staying with his team anyway.

My problem is with the Knicks' roster. They did a great job getting rid of most of their bad contracts, but they left themselves with nothing to move. They've got the young guys but what about a sign-and-trade? They can't give guys the absolute max money because they have nobody to deal to their current teams. I mean, they could have used Jeffries or Hill either to get a nice veteran or in a sign-and-trade.

Or they might have thought to get a PG last year like Sessions. They are completely gutted and need to get two of the top tier guys so they don't feel obligated just to spend and get stuck in crapsville again.

shep33
06-12-2010, 11:59 PM
As a Knicks/Lakers fan, I gotta say that New York wins either way.

I don't think people here understand how bad the knicks payroll was... probably the worst in NBA history over the past decade. But Donnie did what he could to atleast be in contention for quality free agents.

Thing is I just don't see LBJ going there cause Chicago is a better fit (he shouldn't leave Cleveland anyway).

If i'm the Knicks, I'd make up a team that could get the 6-8 spot. Sign solid players for a decent amount of money, don't overpay. Then build from there, and maybe if they have a good set of pieces by 2011, then Melo can come into town.

oak2455
06-13-2010, 12:23 AM
As a Knicks/Lakers fan, I gotta say that New York wins either way.

I don't think people here understand how bad the knicks payroll was... probably the worst in NBA history over the past decade. But Donnie did what he could to atleast be in contention for quality free agents.

Thing is I just don't see LBJ going there cause Chicago is a better fit (he shouldn't leave Cleveland anyway).

If i'm the Knicks, I'd make up a team that could get the 6-8 spot. Sign solid players for a decent amount of money, don't overpay. Then build from there, and maybe if they have a good set of pieces by 2011, then Melo can come into town.

Agreed just shows you how many clueless fans there are........really dont know the business side of the game. They will see come July 1st, I cant fuccccking wait!!!:clap::clap::clap:

sean17c
06-13-2010, 12:29 AM
i keep hearing people say that many free agents should go to New York for a variety of reasons, but one of them is because the knicks have a huge market.

but this is something i do not understand. Most nba fans cannot even name 4 people on the knicks roster. And it took the coaches to name david lee to the allstar team.

you would think that everyone would know ALL of the knicks players if it was such a huge market??

heathonater
06-13-2010, 12:39 AM
part of it was that they really havent had many players recently worth talking about. doesnt matter what market you are in, if you are a bad player you wont get media attention. the moment a star goes to ny, the media will be all over it.

kblo247
06-13-2010, 12:41 AM
MSG.

MSG is the lore and not because of the Knicks in large part
- Ali
- WWE (WrestleMania)
- Kobe/Jordan/Reggie (other opponents have done there to the Knicks)

That stage is what they have going for them. Hell the Nets should have been splitting the building with them during the Kidd years so they could what a real good team looked like nightly.

ink
06-13-2010, 12:42 AM
i keep hearing people say that many free agents should go to New York for a variety of reasons, but one of them is because the knicks have a huge market.

but this is something i do not understand. Most nba fans cannot even name 4 people on the knicks roster. And it took the coaches to name david lee to the allstar team.

you would think that everyone would know ALL of the knicks players if it was such a huge market??

What's your logic there?? Is this just a chance to take a shot at the Knicks? Market size has nothing to do with name recognition on a team.

How many Detroit Lions can you name? They have a big market right?

The thread doesn't make any sense.

sean17c
06-13-2010, 12:44 AM
What's your logic there?? Is this just a chance to take a shot at the Knicks? Market size has nothing to do with name recognition on a team.

How many Detroit Lions can you name? They have a big market right?

The thread doesn't make any sense.

UMM THE logic is in the thread title. smh at mod knick fans

mad because NOONE wants to play there

mia305king
06-13-2010, 12:46 AM
He's not even a Knick fan :laugh2: and plenty of people want to play there.

fin_frenzy_84
06-13-2010, 12:50 AM
They gonna be slick sad when the miss out on Lebron...

ink
06-13-2010, 12:51 AM

Thanks for pointing that out. :rolleyes: And confirming that there was actually no logic at all. It's just an excuse to hate on another team.

bkmikeyy
06-13-2010, 12:52 AM

Bulls fans were a lot quieter before ESPN started running Lebron to Chicago stories. Now suddenly Noah and Rose are Hall of Famers and Chicago is the best destination for free agents.

sean17c
06-13-2010, 12:54 AM
Thanks for pointing that out. :rolleyes: And confirming that there was actually no logic at all. It's just an excuse to hate on another team.
well actually i wanted to known why david lee, is barley known on the team with the biggest market in the nba. but i guess i didnt word it right

ink
06-13-2010, 12:56 AM
well actually i wanted to known why david lee, is barley known on the team with the biggest market in the nba. but i guess i didnt word it right

I think David Lee is pretty well known.

urnuttynut
06-13-2010, 12:59 AM
MSG.

MSG is the lore and not because of the Knicks in large part
- Ali
- WWE (WrestleMania)
- Kobe/Jordan/Reggie (other opponents have done there to the Knicks)

That stage is what they have going for them. Hell the Nets should have been splitting the building with them during the Kidd years so they could what a real good team looked like nightly.

Largest market =

**** load of people live in NYC. more than 2 times the amount of the 2nd biggest city. A fan base big enough to make Nate Robinson a top 10 selling jersey last year.

urnuttynut
06-13-2010, 12:59 AM
knicks also sell the 5th most merchandise... without a single star on the team... imagine if lebron comes... imagine how much more he'd sell on top of the already rediculous amounts he does

icon1914
06-13-2010, 01:11 AM

You are asking the wrong question... bump David Lee.... The question should be does the average person know what city the Knicks play in? The answer is yes... A non basketball watcher would most likely know the Knicks play in NY... The Knicks are the name that everyone recognizes... Love them or hate them, you know them.

Players on a bad team that do not make it on the highlight reels will never be well known no matter what they do.... So it makes sense that David Lee is unknown outside of basketball fans... But he would be unknown on any team except a championship contender.... He is not the player that sticks out. Can't blame the Knicks for that.... He'd be just as invisible on The Bulls.

Kyben36
06-13-2010, 01:14 AM
I honestly dont have any problem with it at all, if they truely beleive that they have a city good enough to entice a player to play there then so be it.

The fact is, they have also set themselves up for failure. because if they cant sign either Lebron or D Wade ( I think D Wade there is no way of him leaving ) then there is no way they will win a championsip, because you need a top teir player in order to do that. if they sign JJ, or Amare, thye might be a playoff team, but they will not be a contender.

also, I dont know if anyone realizes, they are without a draft pick for the next 3 years I beleive, so even though they have set them selves up so they can get some key players, they have also used alot of their future assets, to be totatly honestly with you, I have not problem with their aproach, just thier exicution of it, they are currently IMO in a realy bad situation, have a realy bad coach ( offensivly, he is agreat, but you wont win anything without Defense of some sort ) IF I was a NY Knicks fan, I would be very disapointed in the way this 2010 thing shaped up. just becasue the NY organization has done so much to hurt themselves in the past, and now, in the future, they may gain a few OK players, but I have a gut fealing telling me that they will overpay, and end up hurting themselves in the long run.

BAMF
06-13-2010, 04:07 AM
I dont know if u know this but we have 2 2nd round picks this year and a first round next year with a option for houston to switch but the top 3 picks protected. please do your homework before u start rambling on about things. thanks in advance.
Either way you look at it whether or not we end up with bron, we still win. i think u know jefferies had a horrid contract, thanks to zeke, the guy couldnt make a lay up. I dont think donnie will over pay or has beens or sub par guys because he isnt zeke and he's not about to be zeke #2.
The knicks will be improved drasticly with or without bron. all i have to say to the ignorant bulls fans is, see ya in the playoffs next season.

kblo247
06-13-2010, 04:22 AM
I dont know if u know this but we have 2 2nd round picks this year and a first round next year with a option for houston to switch but the top 3 picks protected. please do your homework before u start rambling on about things. thanks in advance.
Either way you look at it whether or not we end up with bron, we still win. i think u know jefferies had a horrid contract, thanks to zeke, the guy couldnt make a lay up. I dont think donnie will over pay or has beens or sub par guys because he isnt zeke and he's not about to be zeke #2.
The knicks will be improved drasticly with or without bron. all i have to say to the ignorant bulls fans is, see ya in the playoffs next season.

I've heard that same "the Knicks will improve drastically" story with the acquisitions of Curry, Q, Francis, Marbury, Penny, Dice, Crawford, Randolph, Larry Brown, Mike Dantoni, Donnie Walsh, T-Mac, Tim Thomas, Mutombo, Keith Van Horn, and Isiah Thomas. Yet a decade later and over a billion dollars wasted away, I have yet to see it.

So forgive me when I say they need to prove it first because they haven't been competitive since they initially brought in Marbury and Penny.

boriquaabe
06-13-2010, 04:36 AM
I've heard that same "the Knicks will improve drastically" story with the acquisitions of Curry, Q, Francis, Marbury, Penny, Dice, Crawford, Randolph, Larry Brown, Mike Dantoni, Donnie Walsh, T-Mac, Tim Thomas, Mutombo, Keith Van Horn, and Isiah Thomas. Yet a decade later and over a billion dollars wasted away, I have yet to see it.

So forgive me when I say they need to prove it first because they haven't been competitive since they initially brought in Marbury and Penny.

WOW! what a bunch of senseless babble....

The last time the Knicks have had even remotely this much cap room was when old wise one????????

And what happened in 1999 with less F/a talent available???????

The Knicks went to the Finals.

kblo247
06-13-2010, 04:47 AM
WOW! what a bunch of senseless babble....

The last time the Knicks have had even remotely this much cap room was when old wise one????????

And what happened in 1999 with less F/a talent available???????

The Knicks went to the Finals.

You mean they did it in a lockout shortened season ... WOW

It is the truth when I say the last time they were relevant was right after initially getting Penny and Marbury. Other than that they have been ****, and the reason they have had no cap is that they gave out and traded for dumb *** deals. They wasted money, time, picks, and effort all to not even be mediocre enough to be an eighth seed in a conference that doesn't require you to play 500 ball for ****s sake since 2004.

So why should I buy into them righting the ship now when they are far from a lock to do anything based upon years of recent history and inept management?

I'll wait to they actually to quote Spike Lee: "Do The Right Thing" personally.

rhino17
06-13-2010, 05:29 AM
Not at all, it is completely moronic and when the plan blows up in their face, Houston gets their next 2 lottery picks

DMasta718
06-13-2010, 11:35 AM

Uhmm David Lee is known.

swingingzambran
06-13-2010, 12:03 PM
The Knicks are a joke and do not deserve any free agents joining their so called team. They keep calling NY the mecca of basketball and do not understand why. The knicks have put garbage on the court for the last 2 years so they can land a posible free agent or 2. They will not land any top tier free agent book it. You can say they had to make salary cap room, but that was for the only reason they gave huge contracts to players that did not produce. The front office is also a joke.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-13-2010, 12:04 PM
2010 2011 the knicks are straight what's the debate?

swingingzambran
06-13-2010, 12:06 PM
No debate the Knicks are flat out garbage.

Evolution23
06-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Contrary to popular belief the Knicks don't believe in "Lebron or bust" The whole point of having cap space is having maximum flexibility. Media hype about Lebron has the whole world believing that if the Knicks don't get Lebron, the Knicks failed. Its wrong sorry but saying it over and over isn't going to make it true.

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 12:53 PM
The Knicks are a joke and do not deserve any free agents joining their so called team. They keep calling NY the mecca of basketball and do not understand why. The knicks have put garbage on the court for the last 2 years so they can land a posible free agent or 2. They will not land any top tier free agent book it. You can say they had to make salary cap room, but that was for the only reason they gave huge contracts to players that did not produce. The front office is also a joke.

why do they call it that?
you must not be old enough to know

the reason the garden has that nickname goes beyond the knicks and their recent troubles, and its not a name that ny gave to their venue. Jordan said it.

BAMF
06-13-2010, 01:24 PM

You can thank Zeke for all those years.

BAMF
06-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Not at all, it is completely moronic and when the plan blows up in their face, Houston gets their next 2 lottery picks

It's moronic to have cap space? :confused::confused:

BAMF
06-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Contrary to popular belief the Knicks don't believe in "Lebron or bust" The whole point of having cap space is having maximum flexibility. Media hype about Lebron has the whole world believing that if the Knicks don't get Lebron, the Knicks failed. Its wrong sorry but saying it over and over isn't going to make it true.

X2 the whole "lebron or bust" thing was made up by the fuccking media

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 01:33 PM
having cap space is great just like expiring contracts.... if used wisely.

mrker
06-13-2010, 01:51 PM
having cap space is great just like expiring contracts.... if used wisely.
Expiring Deals and cap space or close but EXP deals are better due to the need of S&T in todays NBA...If you want max players you have to be able to give the 6th year and more money and you need players to move to make that happen...if you want 2nd tier guys on deals less than 6 years then they are very close and won`t stop a good GM from making deals happen.. Who Do the knicks move to get 2 max players on 6 year deals Or who takes 30 mil and 1 year less to play with the knicks?

oak2455
06-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Did LBJ and Bosh sign with the Knicks Yet:confused:

mrker
06-13-2010, 02:14 PM
IF LBJ goes to the knicks Bosh will be right behind him, if not Bosh is riding shotgun with wade in miami for the next 6 years. and the knicks get Boozer and Tony Parker..maybe?

DMasta718
06-13-2010, 02:20 PM

Your hatred is strong bruh.

NYKalltheway
06-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Does it hurt so much that the Knicks are coming back?

We'll definitely make the playoffs with hopes of reaching at least the Conference Final, so everything said against the Knicks is pure hatred/jealousy.

LeBron or not, we're still gonna get 2 max contracts. Though I give 75% for LeBron to join the Knicks.

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Expiring Deals and cap space or close but EXP deals are better due to the need of S&T in todays NBA...If you want max players you have to be able to give the 6th year and more money and you need players to move to make that happen...if you want 2nd tier guys on deals less than 6 years then they are very close and won`t stop a good GM from making deals happen.. Who Do the knicks move to get 2 max players on 6 year deals Or who takes 30 mil and 1 year less to play with the knicks?

well realisticly it all comes down to the player and what they are thinking, and where they are coming from. Some players may see the potential to make more money in a large market to make more money through other avenues. Some players may just be looking for a change of scenery.

All in all we wont know until the chips start falling, this free agent class at the top has played this very well with the media. Keeping it all close to the vest, meeting with each other to get the media thinking they are cooking something up, it will be interesting to watch it all play out.

And I agree that a expiring deal carries a lot of value because it gives you a lot of flexibility with what you could do. But again it all comes down to if its used wisely.

If thomas was still the gm of the knicks i wouldnt be too thrilled about cap space or a expiring because some gms blow their load on B level free agents, while paying them A level money.

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 02:37 PM

We'll definitely make the playoffs with hopes of reaching at least the Conference Final, so everything said against the Knicks is pure hatred/jealousy.

LeBron or not, we're still gonna get 2 max contracts. Though I give 75% for LeBron to join the Knicks.

Please dont count your eggs before they hatch.

If they dont get lebron bosh or wade they should not be giving a max to joe johnson, as i dont think he deserves a max deal. He will get one from someone, i just hope its not ny.

fin_frenzy_84
06-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Your hatred is strong bruh.

Seriously man? What is there to hate on?

fin_frenzy_84
06-13-2010, 02:50 PM

Yeah how do you know that? What if Bron stays and Bosh goes to Chicago and Wade stays in Miami? That can happen. What if we move Hinrich or Deng in the draft? Then we will have the money for Bosh and Bron and im 100 percent positive if they were down with playing with Knicks or Chicago they will play with Chicago because are Core is alot better than yours now. If you do miss out though you can sign Korver and Boozer to Max Contracts and I guess claim those are the Max contracts you wanted???:facepalm:

oak2455
06-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah how do you know that? What if Bron stays and Bosh goes to Chicago and Wade stays in Miami? That can happen. What if we move Hinrich or Deng in the draft? Then we will have the money for Bosh and Bron and im 100 percent positive if they were down with playing with Knicks or Chicago they will play with Chicago because are Core is alot better than yours now. If you do miss out though you can sign Korver and Boozer to Max Contracts and I guess claim those are the Max contracts you wanted???:facepalm:

A lot of what ifs:facepalm: July cant come fast enough then you can say what if I was a Knicks fan:eyebrow:

oak2455
06-13-2010, 03:04 PM

Your sig is great is that the same Scottie Pippen that wouldnt go in a game when Phil Jackson ask him too? also is this is what you boy said.....SCOTTIE PIPPEN: “I DON’T KNOW IF LEBRON JAMES FITS WITH THE CHICAGO BULLS”

mrker
06-13-2010, 03:13 PM
well realisticly it all comes down to the player and what they are thinking, and where they are coming from. Some players may see the potential to make more money in a large market to make more money through other avenues. Some players may just be looking for a change of scenery.

All in all we wont know until the chips start falling, this free agent class at the top has played this very well with the media. Keeping it all close to the vest, meeting with each other to get the media thinking they are cooking something up, it will be interesting to watch it all play out.

And I agree that a expiring deal carries a lot of value because it gives you a lot of flexibility with what you could do. But again it all comes down to if its used wisely.

If thomas was still the gm of the knicks i wouldnt be too thrilled about cap space or a expiring because some gms blow their load on B level free agents, while paying them A level money.
I agree, alot has to due with the players targeted in FA but when it comes down to it ,outside of LBJ (if he stays healthy) who is going to make up 30 mil in salary in NY in side deals(nike) to take a 5 year 100 mil deal to play for the knicks when someone like say bosh will get 6 years and 130mil in a S&T to miami or the bulls(who have pieces to move and would still have a title chance) Knicks needed more time to get a better core before this FA class. I hope melo doesn`t sign that 3 year deal being talked about, then 1 max this year and a full court press on melo next summer, that would be a good summer unless that max deal is Joe Johnson this year

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 03:16 PM
i think melo is waiting to see who goes where this offseason before he signs a extension
so if a few teams dont get any of the prized free agents and still have cap space we will see what happens with melo.

mrker
06-13-2010, 03:26 PM

Conference FINALS????? you must be kidding Playoffs. Maybe it is the east But CONFERENCE FINALS, COME ON MAN. thats why people start hatin the knicks, worst team of the decade and you say CONFERENCE FINALS before a single deal is done.

maddBat
06-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Conference FINALS????? you must be kidding Playoffs. Maybe it is the east But CONFERENCE FINALS, COME ON MAN. thats why people start hatin the knicks, worst team of the decade and you say CONFERENCE FINALS before a single deal is done.

:clap:

mrker
06-13-2010, 03:32 PM
i think melo is waiting to see who goes where this offseason before he signs a extension
so if a few teams dont get any of the prized free agents and still have cap space we will see what happens with melo.

I think melo will sign something over the summer and will work with the nuggets to either bring in talent for next year or will play out this 1 year and force a trade before his new deal kicks in, melo seems to be a guy who will work with the nuggets to win in denver or help make a deal fo them move pass him. I Say melo would like the lights of NY

Lo Porto
06-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Unfortunately, NY will end up overpaying Felton and one of the big men (Amare, Bosh or Booz). Really, I wish they'd trade Chandler and cash for Rubio's rights before free agency. Then look to sign free agents on the hope that Rubio will add a lot in 2011.

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 03:47 PM
i dont see walsh being that hasty and handing out max deals just for the sake of using up cap space. As for rubio that is all in khans hands, and he insists on holding out for a kings ransom from someone that he will never get, for a player that may never come over.

mrker
06-13-2010, 03:58 PM
i dont see walsh being that hasty and handing out max deals just for the sake of using up cap space. As for rubio that is all in khans hands, and he insists on holding out for a kings ransom from someone that he will never get, for a player that may never come over.

Walsh is very smart, but thats what they say about B.C in toronto, walsh has sold the idea of making this FA run without something to show for it,this might get ugly with the knicks, Imagine boozer and Joe johnson to near max deals over 6 years, Does anybody see that combo making a run at titles over that time and all your capspace gone for that time(pretty much gone) NO FLEX And your right, what it would take to get rubio is never going make sense to anybody until he plays some mins over here

PHX2daDEATH
06-13-2010, 04:12 PM
it doesn't matter who they get, the Knicks won't win jack with D'Antoni.

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Walsh is very smart, but thats what they say about B.C in toronto, walsh has sold the idea of making this FA run without something to show for it,this might get ugly with the knicks, Imagine boozer and Joe johnson to near max deals over 6 years, Does anybody see that combo making a run at titles over that time and all your capspace gone for that time(pretty much gone) NO FLEX And your right, what it would take to get rubio is never going make sense to anybody until he plays some mins over here

thats why i dont see donnie using up the cap space on those players and moving curry. because that puts the team essentially right back where they were financially, and if that team doesnt produce its all for nothing.

nycericanguy
06-13-2010, 04:23 PM

People talk about Boozer & JJ as if they are garbage, they arent superstars, but if NY signed those two, and then did the Chandler & Curry for Okafor & Collison trade. Thats a heck of a team and a top 3-4 seed in the east.

Okafor
Boozer
Gallo
JJ\Walker
Collison\Douglas

if thats a worst case scenario for us I think most NY fans would be very happy.

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 04:35 PM
People talk about Boozer & JJ as if they are garbage, they arent superstars, but if NY signed those two, and then did the Chandler & Curry for Okafor & Collison trade. Thats a heck of a team and a top 3-4 seed in the east.

Okafor
Boozer
Gallo
JJ\Walker
Collison\Douglas

if thats a worst case scenario for us I think most NY fans would be very happy.

good players yes
worth using up all the cap space? no

top 3-4 in the east? debatable especially considering you dont know where the top free agents land.

Lets say lebron and bosh follow each other to a team other than the knicks in the east, amare goes to play with wade in miami, chicago is already a good team, orlando and boston. That lineup doesnt grab you a top 4 spot, and im a knick fan saying this.

central2003
06-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Honestly I think the Knicks should get Bosh and try to do a trade and get CP3.. Then next year sign Melo with that extra money left over from this year .. The Knicks will be a sure force in the NBA for a long time
Thats PG- CP3, SF-Melo, PF-Bosh

oak2455
06-13-2010, 04:49 PM
:clap:

New Jersey Nets
12-70:confused:

mrker
06-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Honestly I think the Knicks should get Bosh and try to do a trade and get CP3.. Then next year sign Melo with that extra money left over from this year .. The Knicks will be a sure force in the NBA for a long time
Bosh is not going anywhere unless that team has a superstar locked up for the next 4-6 years, Unless LBJ goes to the knicks(i don`t see wade going anywhere) bosh is going to stay in T.O(unlikely) or move to a team like L.A or the bulls, he will not sign with the knicks in the hopes they will bring in better players to put around him. And what would the knicks have to trade for cp3 after the bosh S&T

Sox Appeal
06-13-2010, 04:57 PM

And who exactly are they going to trade for Chris Paul? Wilson Chandler, and Eddy Currys expiring? Good luck with that.

Also, I'd say the odds of Melo leaving Denver are pretty slim. He's never hinted that he wants to leave, nor is there any reason for him to do so. Haven't he and the Nuggets already had talks about him signing an extension?

For good or for bad, the Knicks will live and die with what happens in Free Agency this summer.

mrker
06-13-2010, 04:59 PM
New Jersey Nets
12-70:confused:

NJ last 10 years -two finals and some great players coming thru..
NY last 10 years - one word "ZEKE"

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 04:59 PM
And who exactly are they going to trade for Chris Paul? Wilson Chandler, and Eddy Currys expiring? Good luck with that.

Also, I'd say the odds of Melo leaving Denver are pretty slim. He's never hinted that he wants to leave, nor is there any reason for him to do so. Haven't he and the Nuggets already had talks about him signing an extension?

For good or for bad, the Knicks will live and die with what happens in Free Agency this summer.

hes never mentioned ny? really?
do you want me to dig up a handful of articles?

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Bosh is not going anywhere unless that team has a superstar locked up for the next 4-6 years, Unless LBJ goes to the knicks(i don`t see wade going anywhere) bosh is going to stay in T.O(unlikely) or move to a team like L.A or the bulls, he will not sign with the knicks in the hopes they will bring in better players to put around him. And what would the knicks have to trade for cp3 after the bosh S&T

agreed, i see bosh going somewhere, where he can be a wingman to someone like a wade or lebron, or to a team that is already established with talent

Sox Appeal
06-13-2010, 05:04 PM
hes never mentioned ny? really?
do you want me to dig up a handful of articles?

He's from New York, of course isn't going to say anything bad about them. Wade was the same way for a few years talking about Chicago. Just because a player says something nice about his hometown, it doesn't mean he's going to sign there.

But if you can find me an article of Melo saying, he'll be with the Knicks in 2011, or anything close to that, please do. I'd love to read it.

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 05:06 PM
He's from New York, of course isn't going to say anything bad about them. Wade was the same way for a few years talking about Chicago. Just because a player says something nice about his hometown, it doesn't mean he's going to sign there.

But if you can find me an article of Melo saying, he'll be with the Knicks in 2011, or anything close to that, please do. I'd love to read it.

ok now you are just being ridiculous what player under contract would come out and say he will be with another team?

HOZ THE KNICK
06-13-2010, 05:14 PM
i can't wait for this to be over with so we can talk about facts instead of what ifs......

mrker
06-13-2010, 05:22 PM
i can't wait for this to be over with so we can talk about facts instead of what ifs......

Couple more weeks til july 1 but the real fun starts at the draft cause after that, then we will really see who is making a play for who, like if T.O makes a big move to show bosh that is where he could fit best or the cavs move LBJ`s rights if they feel they can`t re-sign him? But i know what you mean soo much bullsh*t rumours out there it`s hard to know whats what

HOZ THE KNICK
06-13-2010, 05:25 PM
what's all the knicks hate on this board???
the team had to do what they had to do sometimes you have to gamble to win, with or without lebron we are headed in the right direction plain and simple, you haters thought we was going to be down and out forever?

mrker
06-13-2010, 05:34 PM
what's all the knicks hate on this board???
the team had to do what they had to do sometimes you have to gamble to win, with or without lebron we are headed in the right direction plain and simple, you haters thought we was going to be down and out forever? How many more years of missing the playoffs and making bad deals do knicks fans have to go thru before they can see you don`t win thru FA. The draft puts your team in a position to compete...FA can help put you over the top..But all knick fans think that thru FA they are about to build a dynasty.. never has worked not going to start working now cause knick fans say so.. it ain`t knick hate it`s common sense..the knicks can START to put a good team together now.. GOOD NOT GREAT. the salary cap makes it this way for a reason..

mrker
06-13-2010, 05:36 PM
To bad they moved all there picks in deals over the years, cause this FA class along with a couple of smart picks could have put the knicks near the top of the east for 3-5 years moving forward.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-13-2010, 05:40 PM
How many more years of missing the playoffs and making bad deals do knicks fans have to go thru before they can see you don`t win thru FA. The draft puts your team in a position to compete...FA can help put you over the top..But all knick fans think that thru FA they are about to build a dynasty.. never has worked not going to start working now cause knick fans say so.. it ain`t knick hate it`s common sense..the knicks can START to put a good team together now.. GOOD NOT GREAT. the salary cap makes it this way for a reason..

yeah but this isn't a typical free agent class, there are franchise caliber players out there atlease 6 and we only need 2 walsh did what he had to..........at the end of the day i like our chances.

mrker
06-13-2010, 05:47 PM
yeah but this isn't a typical free agent class, there are franchise caliber players out there atlease 6 and we only need 2 walsh did what he had to..........at the end of the day i like our chances.
True there are lots of talent but alot of it needs help to win(Johnson, amare, boozer, bosh) they will be the top 2nd option on many teams but the only game changers out there are LBJ and WADE.. WADE will stay in miami so that leaves one guy out there that can turn around a BAD team LBJ, so unless they get him walsh will have to over pay someone cause their are better options for guys to win titles than the knicks without LBJ, so money will be a large part of any deal walsh can sign this summer.. OTHER than WADE and LBJ, Who is worth max money to the KNICKS

icon1914
06-13-2010, 05:53 PM

Yeah James and co. could all land places other than NYC.... That is very possible, but The Bulls moving Hinrich or Deng before July is a longshot.... Well moving them for anything of value that is.... Any team with cap room will most likely save it for July and due to the contracts of both Deng and Hinrich, they are far from high valued commodities.

mrker
06-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Yeah James and co. could all land places other than NYC.... That is very possible, but The Bulls moving Hinrich or Deng before July is a longshot.... Well moving them for anything of value that is.... Any team with cap room will most likely save it for July and due to the contracts of both Deng and Hinrich, they are far from high valued commodities.

Both deals will be moved in a S&T this summer, don`t think BULLS that worried if they can convince a big time FA to come.

Giaps
06-13-2010, 06:06 PM
The screams from the haters got a nice ring to it. I guess every super hero needs his theme music.

mrker
06-13-2010, 06:21 PM
The screams from the haters got a nice ring to it. I guess every super hero needs his theme music.
i wish i had whatever the knicks fans are smoking cause you are losing your minds..cause you call common sense HATIN. sign LBJ then put up your 2011 2012 and 2013 banners until try lookin at reality. no stars no bench and only cap space, which 6 or 7 seven teams have space as well. Sorry who is this super hero you speak of?

BAMF
06-13-2010, 06:27 PM
The only thing i get out of readin this thread is "WHAT IF"

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 06:35 PM
mrker, you cant fault the knicks and donnie walsh for the situation he was presented with. He came into a bad situation and is working with what he was given. Yea its nice to build through the draft, but no title team is made solely of draft picks. Its more often than not a 50/50 split.

BlkProphet79
06-13-2010, 06:43 PM
i wish i had whatever the knicks fans are smoking cause you are losing your minds..cause you call common sense HATIN. sign LBJ then put up your 2011 2012 and 2013 banners until try lookin at reality. no stars no bench and only cap space, which 6 or 7 seven teams have space as well. Sorry who is this super hero you speak of?

You do realize that every team in the Lebron sweepstakes will have to shell over some assets to pair him up with another superstar. This isn't something that's ONLY going to impact the Knicks. I also highly doubt other teams are eager to help those 6/7 teams with cap space improve. All of this is speculative, stop tossing your opinion around like it's a certainty.

Come on son, I like how every move every team, not named New York, can potentially make is golden...but every move NY can potentially make is crap? I'm not saying you're not entitled to hate, but at least be an equal opportunity hater.

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 06:45 PM
see thats the sticky point, teams that need to free up space will look to teams that have space to move players they dont want. But in all likelyhood the teams that have the space to help, want those same players themselves, so you have to offer them more to convince them to play along.

BlkProphet79
06-13-2010, 06:49 PM
see thats the sticky point, teams that need to free up space will look to teams that have space to move players they dont want. But in all likelyhood the teams that have the space to help, want those same players themselves, so you have to offer them more to convince them to play along.

^^This is exactly what I mean. Whoever lands the big prize will still have to fill out their benches with draft picks and veteran minimum contracts.

NYtilIdie
06-13-2010, 06:51 PM

I think you guys are mad that NY could have a chance to return to the top and it scares you because last thing you Bull fans need a another dominant team in the East.

Tell me one thing, when has having cap space ever been a bad thing?

If all goes as plan and we sign Bosh and Lebron, then trade Curry/Wilson for Collison and absorb Okafurs bad contract, we have a championship caliber starting 5. The new owner of NO said he is willing to trade Collison if the team is willing to take Okafur. But according to all of you guys we should have just kept those two overpaid players in Z-Bo and JCraw and settle for another 29-32 win season, right? That would have been the "smart" thing to do right?

Thank god none of you are GM's.

If we sign Lebron and Bosh we can sign vets who are ring chasers to fill out the bench for the Vets min. Raja Bell and Kurt Thomas are going to be just fine, along with Douglass and Walker. So this is our dream line-up for next year.

PG: Collison/Douglass/Bledsoe?
SG: Lebron/Bell
SF: Gallo/Walker
PF: Bosh/2nd round pick
C: Okafur/Thomas

NYtilIdie
06-13-2010, 06:58 PM

You know what they say about super hero's right?

You either die the hero, or see yourself become the villian.

If the fear of us becoming competitive again means we have to become the villians, then hell im all for it.

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 07:04 PM
i do think that some of my fellow knick fans should temper their enthusiasm till july. Lets not hang a banner and buy our jerseys before they are made.

NYtilIdie
06-13-2010, 07:14 PM
i do think that some of my fellow knick fans should temper their enthusiasm till july. Lets not hang a banner and buy our jerseys before they are made.

I can agree with this. Some people have already had Knick jerseys made with Lebron's name on the back. You can see them alot during Cav/Knick games.

To me thats just stupid, thats like getting your GF's name tattoed on your arm and then when you break up with her you feel like a complete idiot that you just wasted your money.

Thats people jumping to conclusions way too soon.

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 07:16 PM
I can agree with this. Some people have already had Knick jerseys made with Lebron's name on the back. You can see them alot during Cav/Knick games.

To me thats just stupid, thats like getting your GF's name tattoed on your arm and then when you break up with her you feel like a complete idiot that you just wasted your money.

Thats people jumping to conclusions way too soon.

actually its worse lol
its like tatooing a girls name on your arm before you go on a date.

dtmagnet
06-13-2010, 07:18 PM

Probably a good idea.

boriquaabe
06-13-2010, 07:22 PM
it doesn't matter who they get, the Knicks won't win jack with D'Antoni.

Well it won't be any different than Phoenix being unable to win jack without D'antoni...

xabial
06-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Its all possible. Im a knicks fan but what better value can you get for Bosh in a S&T better than David Lee? David averages 20.2 ppg and 11.7rpg. Maybe Andrew Bynum but i doubt he gets traded for Bosh if the Lakers win the Finals and he's an injury risk.

With Lebron i think its 50/50 if they sign and traded David lee for bosh. Remember this is all theoretical, so dont start calling me a ****** Knicks fan.. Thank You :)

nycericanguy
06-13-2010, 07:50 PM
good players yes
worth using up all the cap space? no

top 3-4 in the east? debatable especially considering you dont know where the top free agents land.

Lets say lebron and bosh follow each other to a team other than the knicks in the east, amare goes to play with wade in miami, chicago is already a good team, orlando and boston. That lineup doesnt grab you a top 4 spot, and im a knick fan saying this.

how many good years does BOS really have left? And you are using an absolute worst case scenario where all the big time FA"s sign in the east. Even so, that NY team is better than Wade & Amare and nothing else in MIA. What is that NY team missing that doesnt make them a top 3-4 team?

and cap space is great, but if you arent going to sign anyone then whats the point of having it? Now i'm not saying go out there and spend it on trash players, but JJ & Boozer are both in their prime, perennial all-stars and have done so on really good teams. You telling me putting them on a team with Gallo as the 3rd option and a young stud PG in Collison, with an interior defender in Okafor isnt a top 3-4 seed in the east? That team would be a couple of role players away from contending for a title.

Lebron James is a great player, but lets not forget his teams have been knocked out in the playoffs 7 years in a row. If he doesnt come to NY, I'm confident we can put together a team that could go toe to toe with Lebron's team.

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 07:56 PM
jj and boozer are not 1a free agents, and therefor should not headline a team.

im not using worst case scenario, im making a point
you cant assume the knicks will be a top 4 team when you dont know how other teams will shake out. could they be 3 or 4? sure
they could also end up 6-8

nycericanguy
06-13-2010, 08:10 PM
jj and boozer are not 1a free agents, and therefor should not headline a team.

im not using worst case scenario, im making a point
you cant assume the knicks will be a top 4 team when you dont know how other teams will shake out. could they be 3 or 4? sure
they could also end up 6-8

they are both perennial all stars that are in the playoffs every year... i think you are getting carried away with cap space and forgetting about building a team that can win.

The difference between Boozer, Amare, Bosh & even Lee isnt that great. Now sure we all want Lebron, but are we going to just not sign anyone if we don't get him and hold onto our precious cap space when there might not even be a star FA in next years FAgency?

there is no way even under the worst case scenario that team would be a 6, 7 or 8 seed, thats implying that team would hover around .500, which I think is insane. Thats a 50-57 win team there. When was the last time a 50 win team finished lower than 4th in the east?

mrker
06-13-2010, 08:42 PM
mrker, you cant fault the knicks and donnie walsh for the situation he was presented with. He came into a bad situation and is working with what he was given. Yea its nice to build through the draft, but no title team is made solely of draft picks. Its more often than not a 50/50 split.

I can`t fault walsh but i can fault the knicks as a team,I agree you must draft to make the playoffs then sign FA`s to make a title run. So when they let the thomas fiasco go on FAR to long and it costing them far to much depth. Walsh`s(yet-to-be judged) Off-season seems to hinge on sign one player(WADE/LBJ) then leverging them to sign other(Amare/Bosh), Don`t Know if it will work. The knick fans who think 2 max deals make them some sort of insta-dynasty are nuts. DOES LBJ and say bosh win everytime over boston, orlando, the hawks and all the rest of the improving teams in the east, plus the good to great teams out west. Benches win titles look at the finals right now.

elizur
06-13-2010, 08:46 PM
actually its worse lol
its like tatooing a girls name on your arm before you go on a date.

Except you could always just throw the jersey out. Or you can wear it as a "what could have been" jersey. I have a Scott Kazmir Mets jersey for that reason.

Also, It is a jersey that cost 200 dollars. Not gonna be the end of the world if you do no have a use for it in 2 months. It will not stay on your skin forever.

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 08:48 PM
I can`t fault walsh but i can fault the knicks as a team,I agree you must draft to make the playoffs then sign FA`s to make a title run. So when they let the thomas fiasco go on FAR to long and it costing them far to much depth. Walsh`s(yet-to-be judged) Off-season seems to hinge on sign one player(WADE/LBJ) then leverging them to sign other(Amare/Bosh), Don`t Know if it will work. The knick fans who think 2 max deals make them some sort of insta-dynasty are nuts. DOES LBJ and say bosh win everytime over boston, orlando, the hawks and all the rest of the improving teams in the east, plus the good to great teams out west. Benches win titles look at the finals right now.

i agree with you on most points
but title teams dont win solely based on draft

look at the last two teams that won, how many were drafted by that team?

mrker
06-13-2010, 08:51 PM
I think you guys are mad that NY could have a chance to return to the top and it scares you because last thing you Bull fans need a another dominant team in the East.

Tell me one thing, when has having cap space ever been a bad thing?

If all goes as plan and we sign Bosh and Lebron, then trade Curry/Wilson for Collison and absorb Okafurs bad contract, we have a championship caliber starting 5. The new owner of NO said he is willing to trade Collison if the team is willing to take Okafur. But according to all of you guys we should have just kept those two overpaid players in Z-Bo and JCraw and settle for another 29-32 win season, right? That would have been the "smart" thing to do right?

Thank god none of you are GM's.

If we sign Lebron and Bosh we can sign vets who are ring chasers to fill out the bench for the Vets min. Raja Bell and Kurt Thomas are going to be just fine, along with Douglass and Walker. So this is our dream line-up for next year.

PG: Collison/Douglass/Bledsoe?
SG: Lebron/Bell
SF: Gallo/Walker
PF: Bosh/2nd round pick
C: Okafur/Thomas

How in gods name do the knicks mange that and still have cap space to get players to fill the bench, LBJ and BOSH in S&T then still be able to flip pieces to NO. That SIR would be the GREATEST OFFSEASON EVER< ANYWHERE>FOR ANY SPORT good luck with that. i am not a bulls fan, not a cavs fan either but would like to see lbj stay there

oak2455
06-13-2010, 08:57 PM
NJ last 10 years -two finals and some great players coming thru..
NY last 10 years - one word "ZEKE"

two finals and no one gave a shiiiiit in the Metropolitan area:eyebrow: pretty funny :facepalm: BTW hows your attendance?

mrker
06-13-2010, 08:58 PM
i agree with you on most points
but title teams dont win solely based on draft

look at the last two teams that won, how many were drafted by that team?

Agreed, But KOBE was drafted(via charlotte) and Pierce was draft then built around it gives teams time to understand how it will work for that team moving forward.. I think boston is a one off team in how they built it up by trading young yet highly thought of talent. NY lacks that depth to pry a stud out some where else and now have to rely on LBJ or WADE saying KNICKS and no where else

NYtilIdie
06-13-2010, 09:01 PM
How in gods name do the knicks mange that and still have cap space to get players to fill the bench, LBJ and BOSH in S&T then still be able to flip pieces to NO. That SIR would be the GREATEST OFFSEASON EVER< ANYWHERE>FOR ANY SPORT good luck with that. i am not a bulls fan, not a cavs fan either but would like to see lbj stay there

You don't know much about Cap Space do you? You can sign as many players to Vets min as you want and it doesn't count against the Cap. We don't need to S&T were not the Bulls we can just flat out sign them.

We have a huge expiring in Curry that will give them cap relief and will give them a young, great defender and slasher in Chandler who is what Julian Wright was suppose to become. We can absorb bad contracts in trades just as long as they match-up. How do you think we got in that cap mess in the first place.

oak2455
06-13-2010, 09:02 PM
To bad they moved all there picks in deals over the years, cause this FA class along with a couple of smart picks could have put the knicks near the top of the east for 3-5 years moving forward.

it's too bad just so you know but going forward the Knicks will be just fine I sure of that:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

NYtilIdie
06-13-2010, 09:03 PM
two finals and no one gave a shiiiiit in the Metropolitan area:eyebrow: pretty funny :facepalm: BTW hows your attendance?

Sometimes I forget NJ was actually in The Finals, TWICE!

mrker
06-13-2010, 09:03 PM

So you don`t care how your team plays as long as you look cool watching the lose to a full house. GOT IT
Not a nets fan by the way

elizur
06-13-2010, 09:04 PM
How many more years of missing the playoffs and making bad deals do knicks fans have to go thru before they can see you don`t win thru FA. The draft puts your team in a position to compete...FA can help put you over the top..But all knick fans think that thru FA they are about to build a dynasty.. never has worked not going to start working now cause knick fans say so.. it ain`t knick hate it`s common sense..the knicks can START to put a good team together now.. GOOD NOT GREAT. the salary cap makes it this way for a reason..

k

oak2455
06-13-2010, 09:07 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: another hater love it .......cant wait July 1st here we come :clap: