PDA

View Full Version : we should be winning.

majestic
06-11-2010, 02:04 AM
this team has good pitching and decent hitting besides lee/ramirez batting 3/4 all year long..

why cant we fire lou??? i mean come on this team needs a spark.. lou is the promlem, its clear!!

redwhitenblue
06-11-2010, 02:07 AM
While I agree that Lou sucks, firing him will not change this team's problems.

The BP still isn't strong (it's better, no doubt), SP has been up and down and the entire offense has been slumping for a while lately (Soto, Byrd, Soriano, Theriot and Fukudome were all hot early, haven't been lately)

Matchstckman
06-11-2010, 02:08 AM
While I agree that Lou sucks, firing him will not change this team's problems.

The BP still isn't strong (it's better, no doubt), SP has been up and down and the entire offense has been slumping for a while lately (Soto, Byrd, Soriano, Theriot and Fukudome were all hot early, haven't been lately)

Byrd's been pretty disgustingly hot lately again, but I agree otherwise.

CubbieSteve
06-11-2010, 02:09 AM
Lou is the promlem, I agree

croce_99
06-11-2010, 02:10 AM
It's not one problem. It's the entire team.
Bullpen killed us to start the season.
Offense has killed us about 3/4ths of the season

Starting pitching has been fine, but when the offense provides 2 runs, it's kind of hard to win.

Lou has made some ridiculous lineups.
Hendry/Lou agree to send Zambrano to the bullpen :facepalm:

As you saw today, basic fundamentals lost the game.

Getting rid of Lou won't help guys like Ramirez to hit the ball or Theriot to take a walk.

Your Name Here
06-11-2010, 02:14 AM
this team has good pitching and decent hitting besides lee/ramirez batting 3/4 all year long..

why cant we fire lou??? i mean come on this team needs a spark.. lou is the promlem, its clear!!

Of all the things this team needs, "spark" is like 8,751st on the list.

Ron!n
06-11-2010, 02:40 AM
Cant we just fire Lou anyways? Even if we keep losing it would still be the right move.

Mell413
06-11-2010, 07:25 AM
We should be winning, but when your 3/4 hitters decide to be replacement level hitters it's hard to win. If they were hitting we are probably sitting like 3 games back and these ridiculous threads wouldn't be created. The Reds and Cards 1st and 3B are hitting and that's pretty much the difference.

Lou is a problem. He's probably pissed away a few games just on his lineups alone. His bullpen management has been bad since he's been here. I think the offense could be a little better if he constructed the lineup better. I won't blame him for Lee and Ramirez sucking which is the major problem.

I think the starting pitching has been fine overall. We have 6 quality pitchers at this point. Too bad we can't start them all. The bullpen has been better with the exception of the last series. I do feel more confident in them now than I did in April.

This season comes down to the offense. We got hot months from everyone except Lee and Ramirez and it didn't get us much. Now those guys have cooled off and we needed Lee and Ramirez and they have failed. I can understand finishing 2nd to the Cards since they have a good core of 4 players, but there's no excuse for this team to be worse than the Reds.

Also we need YNH to create the game threads from now on.

Marlin Bystro
06-11-2010, 09:32 AM
14 run one and 8 two run losses....For me some of that falls on managerial decisions. Lou really brings nothing to the table other than an enormous contract that ownership doesn't want to eat.

semperfi
06-11-2010, 09:57 AM
I don't agree that this team should be winning. They play way too sloppy, make too many mistakes, and don't perform to their abilities. You are what your record says you are.

THE_G.O.A.T.
06-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Frankly.....the Cubs suck this year. Time to blow up this team and start looking towards the future.

Vandelay16
06-11-2010, 10:13 AM
This team doesn't know what "fundamentals" mean so yeah...

majestic
06-11-2010, 01:26 PM
I don't agree that this team should be winning. They play way too sloppy, make too many mistakes, and don't perform to their abilities. You are what your record says you are.

wouldnt that be lou's fault? he needs to have these prepared and focus. he seems way to laid back.. i mean it seems like his style this season is "hey lets just wait for this to turn around by itself"

flips333
06-11-2010, 02:44 PM

Yeah because Lou has never inspired this team before.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings/_/date/20070602

yuns554
06-11-2010, 03:16 PM
wouldnt that be lou's fault? he needs to have these prepared and focus. he seems way to laid back.. i mean it seems like his style this season is "hey lets just wait for this to turn around by itself"

no matter what lou does its up to the players to perform and they havent it's as simple as that

Cubsjunkie
06-12-2010, 01:42 AM
The Cubs are(as of June 11):
12th in Fielding percentage
Have the 5th most errors
Have given up 32 unearned runs
10th in ERA
Have given up the 6th most home runs
7th in average
11th in on-base percentage
9th in slugging percentage
12th in runs scored
10th in On-base plus slugging
Our best pitcher is Carlos freaking Silva
They're 2-5 versus the Astros
They're 2-7 versus the Pirates

Oh, and those are the rankings just in the NL. Those stats don't suggest that a team should be winning no matter who the manager is. It's up to the players to perform. Just because you want them to win, doesn't mean they will if they're playing bad baseball.

jodydavis
06-12-2010, 04:20 PM

Well said. This team has so many holes I find it commical that so many fans just want to blame Pinella. I don't agree with his lack of playing time for Colvin especially with Fukodome in his annuall free fall, but he can only deal with what he is delt. The bullpen was a disaster from the start and his two best offensive players haven't bothered to show up this season in the middle of the order. HOW IS THAT LOU'S FAULT?

Mell413
06-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Well said. This team has so many holes I find it commical that so many fans just want to blame Pinella. I don't agree with his lack of playing time for Colvin especially with Fukodome in his annuall free fall, but he can only deal with what he is delt. The bullpen was a disaster from the start and his two best offensive players haven't bothered to show up this season in the middle of the order. HOW IS THAT LOU'S FAULT?

The bullpen has been better lately. People have to stop using the bullpen as a scapegoat to bash Hendry. It was going to get better as the season went on and it has. His management of it has been awful though. I won't blame him for Lee and Ramirez sucking, but I will blame him for putting them back to back in the lineup. They should have been moved down when guys like Soto, Byrd, and Soriano were hitting. The manager is responsible for two things. The construction of the lineup and bullpen management and he's failed at both.

man man
06-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Panic thread 3.7.

TrialNError04
06-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Yea, the Cubs should be winning but they're not. They didnt last year, we thought that with a new hitting coach the offense would revert back to 08 form and it simply hasn't. Guys like Soriano and Ramirez certainly arent the stars they were from two years ago, Lee seems to have taken a step back, and the rest of the offense is performing like it did in 09. Sorry but we are left with hoping for some hot streaks and waiting for contracts to expire, that's really it.

BUD Bleachers
06-12-2010, 07:39 PM
The team sucks, but Lou has to be the sacrificial lamb to try and create a spark.

It's not his fault; that's just how it works.

The Cubs are screwed, my fellow fans.

They have big contracts for players that aren't performing, so you can't trade them.

Will Hendry and/or Ricketts make the change and move Lou? Probably not.

Andrew Ladd plays the championship game for the Blackhawks with a broken shoulder and torn ligaments and scores an important goal; Aramis Ramirez can't hit a lick with a sore thumb (?) for the first two months of the season and is now on the DL.

Duncan Keith loses 7 teeth and misses only 3 line shifts in one game.

Catch my drift?

This team is a mess for the second year in a row.

I've written them off until they start to make it interesting. It's boring, garbage, baseball unworthy of my attention and efforts to make the time to watch.

You should feel the same way too.

Tufnel_11
06-12-2010, 07:57 PM

C'mon man. These are MLB players. If they don't know fundamentals that is on them or the GM for bringing them up. You should not have to teach much at this level. Motivation may be lacking, but don't blame the manager on fundamentals.

AllStar44
06-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Yeah but if these mlb players start to lose their fundamentals well then the coach needs to tell them about it, of course I'm sure Lou isn't their main defensive coach but still. Like bud said Lou has to be the sacrificial lamb in this case.

majestic
06-12-2010, 10:51 PM
theres gotta be away to ship one of the outfielders fukudome/soriano out of town... so colvin can get playtime.. also id like lee gone for prospects or atleast drop him to 6th in the lineup !!

CUBDOM4life
06-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Testicles.

1908_Cubs
06-12-2010, 11:14 PM
No we shouldn't.

Str1fe5
06-15-2010, 12:57 PM

BDawk4Prez
06-15-2010, 01:14 PM
LoLwinning.

CubbieSteve
06-15-2010, 03:01 PM
C'mon man. These are MLB players. If they don't know fundamentals that is on them or the GM for bringing them up. You should not have to teach much at this level. Motivation may be lacking, but don't blame the manager on fundamentals.

But these go to 11.