PDA

View Full Version : Lebron interested in coach who has played in the NBA

JordansBulls
06-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Link (http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/06/tom_izzo_visits_with_cleveland.html)

According to a source, one thing that James has let the organization know is that he's interested in a coach that has played in the NBA. Scott, who had a good relationship with James' close friend Chris Paul, would fit that bill. That is why the Cavs are so interested.

And why if Izzo does take the job that he may be encouraged to have a staff deep in former NBA players.

chonbon
06-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Lebron quit being a ****ing *****... Jesus christ im so tired of listening to **** about lebron... Who the **** cares anymore... Win first, then start demanding something...

The Jokemaker
06-10-2010, 10:03 PM
This just in: Lebron prefer teams who have Coke endorsements. He isn't a fan of Pepsi.

BigBlueCrew
06-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Im not surprised. This guy needs a coach who can teach him something e.g. Kobe who has Phil Jackson

Sadds The Gr8
06-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Lebron likes his milk warm in his cereal.

td0tsfinest
Greg Popovich never played in the league and he's probably one of the best coaches in nba history.

td0tsfinest

thats nasty.

bigsams50
06-10-2010, 10:19 PM
The media needs to get off LeBrons sack

Sadds The Gr8
06-10-2010, 10:25 PM
thats nasty.

on rice krispies and corn flakes, no. but on everything else, yes.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Ew.

RadiantShot
06-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Stan Van Gundy.
:laugh:
Just kidding.

Kyben36
06-10-2010, 10:39 PM
good players dont = good coaches, good players are coached by good coachers, but dont allways become good coaches.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-10-2010, 10:40 PM
I guarantee Lebron will have his wish like the usual.

NBA-GMaster
06-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Ok.. Tom Izzo as a head coach then hire Byron Scott as an asst coach.. what's next?? Trade for CP3??

blah-blah
06-10-2010, 11:06 PM
good players dont = good coaches, good players are coached by good coachers, but dont allways become good coaches.

lol nice sig

*Silver&Black*
06-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Hawks might get Mark Jackson. Sign and trade Lebron to Atlanta to be with Joe Johnson?

MacFitz92
06-10-2010, 11:11 PM
As the days past, him going to the Mavs is making more and more sense.

Rick Carlisle played in the NBA!

LBJ to the Mavs!

basketball3553
06-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Kurt Rambis. Lock it up

king4day
06-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Lebron quit being a ****ing *****... Jesus christ im so tired of listening to **** about lebron... Who the **** cares anymore... Win first, then start demanding something...

I agree with this sentiment. He's really done nothing to warrant this much control. He's been to the finals once and been owned at one point each season since.

Kakaroach
06-10-2010, 11:23 PM
All players love to have coaches that also played. They know what its like to play in the NBA and give them off days and other stuff when other coaches wouldn't.

RadiantShot
06-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Uhm. Did I just get a little hint of Avery Johnson?

Chill_Will_24
06-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Avery Johnson just got hired

prodigy
06-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Uhm. Did I just get a little hint of Avery Johnson?

I don't think Johnson counts. Scott would be much better.

RadiantShot
06-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Avery...Doesn't count?

asandhu23
06-10-2010, 11:32 PM
and that former player is DON NELSON.... aw crap

prodigy
06-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Avery...Doesn't count?

Lebron could really care less about playing for Johnson. He's not the most sexy pick out there.

Byron Scott would be a much better choice. been to the Finals twice as a coach and has a few rings as a player. Also good friends with Paul and Kidd, two of Lebrons close friends.

NPH
06-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Lebron is also interested in food.

JNA17
06-10-2010, 11:51 PM
larry bird?

Chill_Will_24
06-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Lebron could really care less about playing for Johnson. He's not the most sexy pick out there.

Byron Scott would be a much better choice. been to the Finals twice as a coach and has a few rings as a player. Also good friends with Paul and Kidd, two of Lebrons close friends.

Ok i know you are a Cavs fan so your hopeful but Avery has a ring with the Spurs and took Mavs to the Finals as a coach twice. He also has the best win/loss ratio in the NBA as a coach. Try to speak intelligently

LeBroom
06-10-2010, 11:55 PM

Uhm... What are you smoking? I want some of that, lol.

You do know Jason Kidd, GOT HIM FIRED, and they have had a major rift between them through the years? lol. Signs of a Cavs Fan panicking... Chill dude, You still have a month or so, he's still technically, a Cavalier :)

iFYouSeekAmy
06-11-2010, 12:09 AM

:clap:

hugepatsfan
06-11-2010, 12:19 AM
He's coming to BOS (MLE) to play for Doc!!!

thedfactor
06-11-2010, 12:24 AM
This just in: Lebron prefer teams who have Coke endorsements. He isn't a fan of Pepsi.RC Cola.

td0tsfinest
06-11-2010, 12:29 AM

You'd be jumping up and down if Lebron went to Gstate.

shizzle09
06-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Pat Riley?

Wade_County
06-11-2010, 12:45 AM
scott skiles?

jacquewho?
06-11-2010, 12:57 AM
This isn't surprising. I don't understand the Tom Izzo move anyways, have he and LBJ ever had any type of relationship? Besides Calipari, I don't think LBJ has really had contact with college coaches. I'm like 60/40 for LeBron leaving, and if Izzo joins, then it will probably be 75/25. Don't understand what Gilbert is trying to do.

boriquaabe
06-11-2010, 12:58 AM
Stan Van Gundy.
:laugh:
Just kidding.

Stan van was beast back in the ABA days...

ldc62
06-11-2010, 01:02 AM
O he means Sam Mitchell....

knickfan4life
06-11-2010, 01:06 AM
mike d'antoni?

The Jokemaker
06-11-2010, 01:11 AM
I bet John Wooden was his coach of choice. Bad timing...

vito don tito
06-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Cleveland will not get Izzo.

MacFitz92
06-11-2010, 01:27 AM
I bet John Wooden was his coach of choice. Bad timing...

Jacked up...

But funny! :laugh2:

HesterTrain
06-11-2010, 01:37 AM
RC Cola.

Royal Crown Cola is just as good as Pepsi IMO.

jbterrelle
06-11-2010, 01:51 AM
Honestly, who really cares?? It's funny how Lebron hasn't won a thing but an MVP trophy and demands the world to fall to his feet cause he's a free agent?

You don't see Steve Nash asking for trades and making a big hooplah over where he plays or who he wanna play for..

I bet Lebron goes to sleep at night and thinks of lil tidbits to feed the media to go crazy over for the next 24hrs lol

Game 4 today and yet Lebron is the talk of the NBA town once again...

I actually can't wait til he signs some damn where cause I'm tired of the speculations and forums about him

DeShaun Brown
06-11-2010, 02:05 AM
Honestly, who really cares?? It's funny how Lebron hasn't won a thing but an MVP trophy and demands the world to fall to his feet cause he's a free agent?

You don't see Steve Nash asking for trades and making a big hooplah over where he plays or who he wanna play for..

I bet Lebron goes to sleep at night and thinks of lil tidbits to feed the media to go crazy over for the next 24hrs lol

I actually can't wait til he signs some damn where cause I'm tired of the speculations and forums about him

I don't see LeBron doing any of those things either. All of this crap has come from the media and the fans over-analyzing any and everything he says. It's crazy. Even when he doesn't say anything he gets over-analyzed. I bet someone specifically asked him if he would prefer to play for a coach who has played in the NBA. No matter what he does or says people will make a big deal about it.

smiddy012
06-11-2010, 03:24 AM
Wow, Lebron is appearing to be more and more of a douche. Unless this is code for Chicago to get an assistant coach whos played in the nba I dont get it. Either that or he's written Chicago off because of Thibbs, in which case he is ******** and unworthy of a structured environment.

Grifftiggs
06-11-2010, 03:48 AM
Im not surprised. This guy needs a coach who can teach him something e.g. Kobe who has Phil Jackson

Thats why he should go to the Heat and Riles come out of the office to coach again.

D1JM
06-11-2010, 04:02 AM
Thats why he should go to the Heat and Riles come out of the office to coach again.

yea then a year or two after he wins a championship they are like 19-63 then he says i am goign to retire from coaching. then again once wade's knees ok like three years later he will unretire and coach again

Apophis
06-11-2010, 04:33 AM
on rice krispies and corn flakes, no. but on everything else, yes.
I never had it with rice krispies.. going to try that out... I do love it with Frosted Flakes... mmmmmm

We are going to be hearing so much about Lebron..its not even funny... and when you hear the media talk about it.. its like Lebron is the ONLY free agent this off season...

kjdills13
06-11-2010, 06:01 AM
Well bc LEBRON wants it bring back I. Thomas to the KNICKS!!!!!! Lebrons wish is the KNICKS command

wils_v
06-11-2010, 06:14 AM

Yes, who cares???!! This All-bron-no-brain james craves so much attention. It's the friggin NBA Finals! Enough with the Lebron this, Lebron that! What a misplaced sense of entitlement ever since he came into the L. David Stern spoiled this brat!

DenButsu
06-11-2010, 06:36 AM
" Lebron interested in coach who has played in the NBA"?

Then tell him the Nuggets called and he can have Adrian Dantley.

sventhedog
06-11-2010, 08:06 AM
poor cavs, they don't have a choice but listen to lebron.

this is the same guy who said he'll join the slam dunk contest and then forgot about it; he said he would love playing in new york and then later said he doesn't want to talk about free agency; he said his team was playing for the title but changed his mind in the playoffs; he said scoring titles don't matter when he was about to lose to durant; he says anything just to get people to talk about him.

this is how things will happen.
2010 - cavs hire scott, lebron sticks and gets booted out of the playoffs.
2011 - james says he wants a coach that hasn't played in the nba and gets booted out in the postseason.
2012 - i want my mom to be the coach.

PrettyBoyJ
06-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Damn Lebron is starting to look like a drama queen

pebloemer
06-11-2010, 08:56 AM
I don't see LeBron doing any of those things either. All of this crap has come from the media and the fans over-analyzing any and everything he says. It's crazy. Even when he doesn't say anything he gets over-analyzed. I bet someone specifically asked him if he would prefer to play for a coach who has played in the NBA. No matter what he does or says people will make a big deal about it.

While I do agree with everything here, especially given the quote that started the thread, LeBron has grabbed attention in other ways during the Finals. He hoards the attention a bit too. This article is ridiculous though. It is not an example of LeBron making demands - like you said - just the media and fans making a big deal out of nothing.

I agree with this sentiment. He's really done nothing to warrant this much control. He's been to the finals once and been owned at one point each season since.

Wow, Lebron is appearing to be more and more of a douche. Unless this is code for Chicago to get an assistant coach whos played in the nba I dont get it. Either that or he's written Chicago off because of Thibbs, in which case he is ******** and unworthy of a structured environment.

Yes, who cares???!! This All-bron-no-brain james craves so much attention. It's the friggin NBA Finals! Enough with the Lebron this, Lebron that! What a misplaced sense of entitlement ever since he came into the L. David Stern spoiled this brat!

I get responses to LeBron's interview with Larry King that can be like this, but the thread doesn't even have a direct quote from LeBron. If LeBron says a single word to anyone apparently it becomes a big deal. It is hardly LeBron's fault that the taste of sweat off his ball sack tastes so appetizing.

thescore53
06-11-2010, 09:22 AM
so this means he's staying

69centers
06-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Guess this means the Van Gundy's are out.

awmathewsjr
06-11-2010, 09:46 AM
is there any proof that this guy is saying all this, he can't possibly be that big of an a**hole

prodigy
06-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Uhm... What are you smoking? I want some of that, lol.

You do know Jason Kidd, GOT HIM FIRED, and they have had a major rift between them through the years? lol. Signs of a Cavs Fan panicking... Chill dude, You still have a month or so, he's still technically, a Cavalier :)

LOL you sound desperate. But thats ok.

in a interview Kidd was lovin himself some Scott. So I figured they were still close.

prodigy
06-11-2010, 11:14 AM
\

starting? He was a Drama Queen in HS.

JordansBulls
06-11-2010, 05:09 PM

He needs to go to Chicago.

xabial
06-11-2010, 05:21 PM
He needs to go to Chicago.

Or the Knicks, Nets, Mavs, Clippers, Grizzlies, wizards globetrotters ,....

Mudvayne91
06-11-2010, 05:29 PM
I really wish they would just put all Lebron threads in one place. I'm so sick of seeing the Bulls, NY, CLE, MIA threads about Lebron James and i'm sure i'm missing a team or two. In fact, that includes Wade, Bosh or Amare combo threads. There is more to the NBA besides 5 teams, but you wouldn't know by coming on this site.

Da Knicks
06-11-2010, 05:31 PM
i love these threads all the haters come out and some are funny!

Mudvayne91
06-11-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm just saying there is more to the NBA besides Lebron James and like 5 teams. If that makes me a hater or funny, i'm fine by that.

HouRealCoach
06-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Cavs PLEASE hire Byron Scott

Chill_Will_24
06-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Anyone find it coincidental that this came out right after Avery Johnson got hired?

Iron24th
06-11-2010, 05:56 PM

Have you seen France-Uruguay? I'm disappointed about France's offense.

DenButsu
06-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Have you seen France-Uruguay? I'm disappointed about France's offense.

jic you or anyone else interested hadn't seen it yet:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=398

^World Cup Forum :cool:

jkiddvc20
06-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Avery Johnson is the new Nets coach.....

MaHaRaJaH
06-12-2010, 11:36 AM

Some of the Drama Queens here need to do that first.

DeyAce
06-12-2010, 11:50 AM

This X 1000

JordansBulls
06-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Or the Knicks, Nets, Mavs, Clippers, Grizzlies, wizards globetrotters ,....

Chicago is best for him because we have #6 available.:)

iFYouSeekAmy
06-12-2010, 02:10 PM
:o

sventhedog
06-12-2010, 03:52 PM

you want him to die?

that guy would be dead after seconds of knowing he has been ignored.

Aussy4GM
06-12-2010, 10:14 PM
i think everyone is overreacting i really dont think lebron is DEMANDING anything i think this **** is all a bunch of speculation. i have not once seen anyone lebron quoted saying any of this ****. its all sources this sources that. i dont buy it. the dude is gonna go where he feels is best for his family not only money wise but comfort wise as well. you people think its all about coaches and money and shadows and markets you forget family. dont forget family. because it will play the deciding factor. so until i see any quotes from lebron himself about these things i will continue to shake my head and laugh until july 1st.

netsgiantsyanks
06-12-2010, 10:26 PM
this obviously means hes going to the nets because um avery johnson has played in the nba;)

JordansBulls
06-13-2010, 05:50 PM
this obviously means hes going to the nets because um avery johnson has played in the nba;)

:cry:

Melo15
06-13-2010, 06:48 PM
poor cavs, they don't have a choice but listen to lebron.

this is the same guy who said he'll join the slam dunk contest and then forgot about it; he said he would love playing in new york and then later said he doesn't want to talk about free agency; he said his team was playing for the title but changed his mind in the playoffs; he said scoring titles don't matter when he was about to lose to durant; he says anything just to get people to talk about him.

this is how things will happen.
2010 - cavs hire scott, lebron sticks and gets booted out of the playoffs.
2011 - james says he wants a coach that hasn't played in the nba and gets booted out in the postseason.
2012 - i want my mom to be the coach.

You had me up until here. I think LeBron learned his lesson and is going to keep his mom away from his teammates from now on.........

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 07:07 PM
enough of this according to source stuff, being taken as if lebron himself said it
they are spinning the media, unless lebron comes out and says it lets not make it seem like it came right from his mouth with no way of knowing.

Dieselpi
06-13-2010, 07:08 PM
You had me up until here. I think LeBron learned his lesson and is going to keep his mom away from his teammates from now on.........

no way!
what better way to make a man perform than to with hold sex?? ;)

unleashthebeast
06-13-2010, 10:33 PM
no it obviously means hes coming to miami to play for pat

NBA-GMaster
06-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Its an obvious statement.. LeBron wants Philip Jackson to coach the cleveland cavaliers..

kntresistheheat
06-13-2010, 11:18 PM
His ultimate desire is to have a coach and front-office personnel whom he knows can get the job done. He wants someone who has shown championship mettle on the sideline, someone who can pull off a Pau Gasol-for-Kwame Brown type of deal or add a Kevin Garnett-Ray Allen combo package to the roster. He wants a GM with juice and pull in NBA circles.

Hhhhmmmm.. That sounds like Pat Riley?

Miami's strength is Pat Riley. Owner Micky Arison lets Riley do as he pleases, and Riley has shown he can not only coach a team to a title but also build one into a champion as well. He brought Mourning to Miami in his prime, then Shaq to South Beach just in time to squeeze a ring out of him. Then, he was able to get rid of Shaq and clear cap space just as The Big Fella was exiting his prime.

Eric Spoelstra is a solid coach, but he hasn't proved to be anything special yet. That's OK, because one imagines that if the Heat can manage to get LeBron and Chris Bosh to join Dwyane Wade, Riley will be stepping back onto the sideline.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?id=5270406