PDA

View Full Version : PSD NBA Round Table Discussion: Lebron, Wade, Amare & Bosh...Where to?

Sports Illustrator
06-10-2010, 06:02 PM
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/343/ree01.png
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/3666/ree02.png
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7662/ree03.png

Sixerlover: As we all know this offseason will change the course of the NBA for the forseeable future. Numerous All Stars will more than likely leave their franchises, for different ones, changing the power struggles in both the West and the East. Of all of these All Stars, the names that seem to be on everyone's mind are LeBron James, D-Wade, Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudemire.

LeBron James - I believe that LeBron will play for one of two teams next year, those teams being either the Chicago Bulls or Cleveland Cavs, and for round table sake I will say he will sign with the Bulls. I believe LeBron will go to Chicago because he sees the potential in Chi-Town. The young all star PG, the defensive minded C, the cap space to sign someone else, and the new defensive minded coach. Bron is a student of the game, moreso than anyone else in the league sans Kobe so he knows that it takes multiple stars to win titles, and in different positions on the floor. If you remove the Jordan/Pippen Bulls of the 90's, every title team has had the star wing star post with a very solid PG to run the show. I believe Bron and Bosh are talking about this, and see Chi-Town as the team having the extra pieces around them to get it done for years to come. The complimentary players are young enough to be around for years, but are also experienced in the playoffs. Rose / Hinrich / James / Bosh / Noah

Dwyane Wade - D-Wade is another story. I am in the miniority that sees D-Wade staying in Miami, but recruiting 2 more top tier players down there with him. Wade realizes that in Miami he has a good thing going on. The fanbase is already in love with him, he can get the most money there, AND they have money to bring extra players to build around. I believe that Wade's first option would be Chicago, and he would have went in my explanations if LeBron didn't first, but Miami is the perfect fit. I think he will without a doubt get the 6 year 125 million deal from them as well as getting the Heat to sign Carlos Boozer and Rudy Gay. Wade will be quite content back in the sunshine state. Chalmers / Wade / Gay / Boozer / Anthony

Chris Bosh - Bosh and Bron are a package deal to me. Bosh understands that he is going to get his $$ anywhere he goes, and he wants to win as well. He doesn't strike me as the ME ME ME player who wants to be the undisputed #1 option on a team, he seems more like a player who wants the team to be successful and win titles (please correct me if i am wrong). So who better to play with than the best in the game? Since I have Bron going to Chi-Town, Bosh will be a bull as well in a S&T deal involving Deng.

Amare Stoudimire - Amare is an easy one. He will go wherever the money is. I believe that Kerr won't fold and give him a max deal (which he shouldn't get anyway) and will end up S&T him to the Knicks, who by this point of striking out on LeBron, Bosh, and Wade need to save face and grab Amare and JJ. There he will be in the spotlight, and have the max deal he was looking for, and the Knicks will have their 2 marquee players to market next year, and be a pretty damn good team as well.

daleja424: Everyday we hear a new rumor about possible destinations for these guys. One moment you hear Lebron and Bosh are going to Chicago, then you search around the internet a little to see that Miami is going to create its own big three on South Beach, and then to top it off you hear about the cap space that other teams like the Knicks, Nets, Thunder, Clippers, etc have to offer these guys. For what it is worth, here is how I think the max contracts will be handed out:

Amare Stoudemire- Phoenix
The Suns made a deep run into the playoffs and have shown Amare that they have the talent to contend. This summer the Suns can try to add to the talent by signing one of the many available free agents with the MLE and make another title run. Amare will be enticed by the chance to be THE MAN in New York, but in the end he will take the money, job security, and contender status that the Suns offer.

Chris Bosh- Miami
Bosh has reportedly narrowed his list down to a handful of teams. He has also stated he wants max money and to win games. The only two teams that fit both criteria are the Bulls and the HEAT. With Dwyane Wade, Pat Riley, and South Beach leading the recruiting pitch Bosh will end up down in Miami.

Dwyane Wade- Miami
The easiest of the four predict. Wade wants to be in Miami, plain and simple. He has even publicly bashed the only other team that has been seirously linked to him, his hometown Chicago Bulls. Wade is leading the recruiting push for Miami and he will end up staying in the place he started his career.

Lebron James- Cleveland Caveliers
The media over the past several weeks has been ridiculous. Every day we are bombarded with more rumors and "sources" that talk about Lebron going to NY or Chicago. Well it just doesn't make sense. In my opinion, only one other team can challenge the Cavs in the race for Lebron, and that's Miami. New York and New Jersey would be downgrades on the Cavs roster while the Bulls would be a lateral move at best. If he isn't going to be lining up next to a bonafied superstar (like Wade or Bosh) he isn't going to leave home. In the end Lebron will stay home and a lot of teams will be disapointed.

Raoul Duke: Well, my immediate answer would be ďwho cares?Ē because Iím a Detroit fan, and Detroit isnít getting anybody. Am I salty? Well of course I am! But itís not that simple. Iím also burnt out on all the free-agent speculation, which has been going on for, whatÖ two years now?
Sigh. Alright guys, Iíma take a stab at this. And Iíma try and be as unbiased as I can. Forgive me if I donít take all possible sign-and-trades into account. Iíd prefer to focus on what I feel are the best and most likely options for each guy.

Wade- Iíll start here, because this is the easiest one. Heís staying. He has one of the best GMs in the league and enough money to re-up on his own deal while maxing out another free agent. In fact, Miami has enough money to max out Wade, max out whoever they can get from the Boozer/Bosh/Stat trifecta, and still have about nine or ten million left to fill out the rest of the roster. Miami is by far in the best situation of any of the teams with cap space, because Robin is easier to find than Batman. They already have Batman.

Of course, his current roster blows. Beasley is, to me, a microcosm of all the reasons Wade has to leave Miami. He wants mature teammates and a serious culture based around winning. He hasnít ever had that in Miami. Even the team he won with was a notoriously loose, hard partying group. But rather than give him reason to leave, I think that will be his motivation to assist Riley in luring in top tier talent.

D-Wade is 90% likely to remain in Miami next season.

Lebron- This is a tough one, because Cleveland supposedly has an edge over everyone else, but I just canít see him staying there. I donít think that any one team has more than a 35-40% chance of landing The King. He has the most options of any of the free agents, and pretty much every team with cap space for a max guy is going to be waiting on Lebron to make his decision before they make theirs. This makes it, wellÖ messy.

That being said, I am of the opinion that Lebron is headed to Chicago. I base this on the simple fact that, of the teams with cap space, Chicago seems to have the best overall roster right now, and the most flexibility in terms of desirable contracts. With that in mind, what advantage do the other teams (with the obvious exception of Cleveland) really have? The Nets are going to be playing in purgatory (Newark) for the next two years. New Yorkís roster is drastically inferior to that of Chicago or LA, and they have no first round draft picks this summer, nor do they have any desirable contracts to trade (Curryís is not desirable and Gallo/Chandlerís are too small to get great value in return). Miami is nice, but itís going to be D-Wadeís team as long as heís there. The Clippers are owned by Donald SterlingÖ and theyíre THE CLIPPERS.
The only problem I see is that Lebron desperately wants to be paired up with a young, marquee big man. Specifically, Chris Bosh. Can Chicago get them both? If they were to sign Lebron first, would they have enough pieces to do a sign and trade with Toronto? If they sign Bosh first, do they have the pieces to interest Cleveland? Do Cleveland or Toronto have the balls to deny their stars and let them walk for nothing? Itís going to be interesting to see how this all plays out, for sure.
Lebron is 40% likely to be playing for The Bulls next season.

Bosh- Heís leaving Toronto. This is the guy that both Batmans covet as their Robin. Wade and ĎBron would both prefer to be paired with Bosh if given the choice between Boozer/Bosh/Stat. Although not a clearly superior overall player, Bosh has no major injury history, and heís the youngest of the three. Thatís pretty much what separates him from the other two.

Itís almost 50/50 for me as to who Bosh would rather play with. I think itís obvious that Miami, as a city, holds slightly more appeal than Chicago (love the city, hate the weather). It would probably also prove to be the easiest place for Bosh to get a deal done considering that 1.) they already have Wade, and 2.) they wouldnít need to work out a sign and trade to accommodate another max player.

At any rate, ďWade vs. LebronĒ arguments arenít really going to be a factor in his decision. Theyíre both young, and theyíre both rare talents. James is a physical freak and a walking triple double, and heís a little younger than Wade. Wade is a monster on both ends of the floor who is almost Jamesí equal statistically and has proven that he can lead a team to a championship. Bosh really canít go wrong here, and his decision will ultimately hinge which team has an offer that Toronto can sink itís teeth into. Miami has a slight edge because they can sign him outright and pair him with D-Wade, no wheeling and dealing necessary.
Bosh is 40% likely to be playing for Miami next season.

Boozer/Stat- Iíma cover these two together because my post is getting long. Plus theyíre the bottom of the barrel (albeit a very, very good barrel).

One of them is going to end up with either Wade or Lebron, but we wonít know which until Bosh signs a contract. Yísee, thereís a very specific pecking order in this process. The teams with cap space are gonna wait on Lebron to sign a deal. Unless The King takes forever, Bosh is going to be next(nobody thinks Wade is leaving Miami). After that, whoever has money left will scoop up Boozer and Stat. Theyíre the leftovers.

And calling them leftovers doesnít make them bad players. Iíd love to have either guy in Detroit, but the fact of the matter is that Iíd rather have Lebron or Bosh in Detroit, and Iím guessing that NY, NJ, CHI, LA and MIAMI all feel the same way. In fact, Iíd go as far as to say that I donít think any of those teams would really have a preference between Boozer and Stat. Theyíre both great players who are still going to make slightly more than they are worth.

I would say that one of these two is going to Chicago to play with Lebron, while the other will pocket an enormous max contract to join a rebuilding effort in either NY or NJ.
Boozer and Stat are 100% likely to be less coveted than Chris Bosh.

Keep in mind that I have no crystal ball. Just speculatin', but I hope everyone enjoys my thoughts on the subject. :)

Corey: The destination of the top free agents this off-season will determine which teams will be contenders for the better part of the next decade. In a league where one player can put a team on his back and win, the value of these players is immensely high. Amare Stoudemire, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade and Lebron James are the players in question. Any one of them can turn a team from pretender to contender virtually overnight.

I'll start with Amare. He might be a notch down from the other three free agents mentioned, but he's still an amazing offensive talent, and any team with him on it is instantly better. I believe Amare should stay in Phoenix and ride out the end of Nash's career, but that will not happen. He will go to the New York Knicks, possibly with Joe Johnson or a pair of mid level free agents in an attempt to bring the Knicks back to the glory days. With a potential front court of Lee (if he re-signs) and Amare, the Knicks would have one of the best offensive set of big men in the entire league. Factor in Danilo on the perimeter, and another solid free agent or two, and the Knicks would instantly be a top three team in the East.

Dwyane Wade is next in line. He will stay in Miami, and lure another free agent to join him in South Beach. He love the lifestyle, respects Riley and the front office, and knows that if he gets one more solid player, the Heat can be legit. He already won a title with them, and wants another. The only other possible destination for him (in my opinion) is the Bulls, but I see another big name guy going there instead. Additionally, the Heat are trying to deal Beasley to add more consistent role players and free up cap space for Wade. There is really no reason for him to leave.

Next, we have Chris Bosh. I personally believe that he is the most likely to leave his team, out of all the big name free agents. Nothing against the Toronto franchise, but it simply is not a desirable place for big name players to play. They have tried to put talent around him over the years, but it has not worked out. He will fly down to Miami to visit D-Wade and never go back. The lifestyle in Florida is so much more entertaining than up in Toronto, and he will be instantly be attracted to the possibility of winning a title, and playing with one of his best friends. The duo of Wade and Bosh is potentially the best big man - guard combo in the league, and both players would benefit greatly from the pairing.

Finally, we have the king, Lebron James. If he isn't the best player in the league, he will be soon, and he can literally carry a team to the finals. His two biggest options are to stay in Cleveland, or jump ship to Chicago. If he stays in Cleveland, Lebron gets to stay close to home and stay with a franchise that he is familiar with. On top of that, he can try to ride out Jamison, Shaq and the rest of the crew for one more title appearance. If he goes to Chicago, the future is a lot brighter. He will forever be in MJ's shadow, but he thrives under those type of conditions. He will be paired with Derrick Rose, one of the best young point guards in the league, along with Luol Deng and Anderson Joakim Noah, both of which are very solid role players that could benefit from having James and his court vision.

Originally I was going to state the Lebron going to Chicago or staying in Cleveland was about a 50/50 chance, but now that Chicago has come to terms with Tom Thibodeau I raise the odds to 60/40 that Lebron jumps on the Bulls-train.

There are plenty of other free agents that can make an impact somewhere like Carlos Boozer, Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, Dirk, David Lee and Tracy McGrady, though their decisions will be greatly impacted by the destination of the four big free agents we discussed. Either way, this will be a very interesting off-season that will determine the next decade of the NBA, and all fans will be interested in the outcome.

PC521: LeBron James-CLE:
Like Carmelo, my gut feeling is telling me that LeBron will re-sign with Cleavland. Everyone has been hyping up "The Summer of LeBron" for several years now and many teams have been mentioned as possible destinations. Despite all the speculation about LeBron leaving Cleavland after another disappointing end to his season, I just think LeBron is too loyal to leave Ohio. LeBron said that he "won't stop" until he brings a title to Cleavland and I think he'll stick to his word. As much as I want to see him in a Knicks uniform, I'm still placing my bet on Cleavland as the frontrunners in the LeBron sweepstakes.

Dwyane Wade-MIA:
To me, there's no question that Wade will re-sign with the Heat. He has publicly stated his desire to stay in Miami many times. As long as Riley can pair Wade up with a sidekick (which he should have no problem doing since the Heat have more than enough for a max contract and can offer a chance to play with Wade), there's no way Wade leaves Miami.

Chris Bosh-MIA:
I've always been a firm believer that Bosh would like to pair up with either Wade or LeBron. Since I believe LeBron is staying in Cleavland, a team that won't be able to offer Bosh a deal higher than the MLE, my guess is that Bosh will team up with Wade in Miami. And since Pat Riley "clearly prefers Chris Bosh over Amaríe Stoudemire" to pair up with Wade, I definitely see Bosh going to Miami in this scenario.

Amare Stoudemire-NYK:
Last but not least, my prediction on STAT is that he will land in the Big Apple. The Suns have been reluctant to offer Amare a max contract and with Amare essentially setting a deadline date to get a deal done by June 30th, I don't see Phoenix changing their stance. If a deal isn't hammered out by then, I truly believe that Amare will reunite with Mike D'Antoni in New York.

JNA17: Amare Stoudemire: Letís start off with one of the best bigs in the game, Amare. Just recently, there was news about him opting out of his current contract with the suns. Of course that was expected since itís pretty obvious that he will get a big raise this off-season instead of signing an extension. This year Amare put about 23 points and 9 boards. What can he bring to the team you ask? Well heís definitely an offensive juggernaut on almost any given day. He can shoot the mid range jumper pretty well and can be a top 3 big-man in the game when HE WANTS TO BE. Unfortunately, it seems he is pretty inconsistent with that. Along with his way below average defense. He also lacks rebounding a bit and should avg. more then he should with his size. Candidates for that are the knicks, bulls, and suns. Even though the real number one option on the suns in my opinion is Steve Nash, Amare fits so well with him that you might as well call both of them option 1A, option 1B. Now I did say that he might want to also be a number one option to a team, perhaps he might consider teaming up with Wade with the Heat to make a championship run. The Heat can offer a lot of money too, but somehow, Iím not sure if Amare wants to play with a player like Wade or Lebron, etc. Another team he could go to is the Bulls which can offer up to a max and at the same time be a number one option. People might say otherwise and think Derrick Rose would still be the main guy but for scoring and other assignments, until Rose grows a bit more, Amare would be the one option. But lastly, the team I think he will sign for is the Knicks. In my opinion, the Knicks have everything it can offer him, money, main option, and will reunite with his old coach, Mike D'antoni. That and I also think the Knicks will be the only team that will offer him the max. Now I donít think he is worth a max due to the limitations he has, but the knicks have been waiting for this free agency for two years, and they want to be good now.

Chris Bosh: Arguably the best power forward in the NBA today, Bosh will certainly make a huge impact and practically any team a playoff contender to whatever team he signs with. This year was his best by averaging 24 points and almost 11 rebounds! If he wanted to make a big impression on his contract year, he certainly has. With that in mind, beside working on defense, I donít think there is much else to say that hasnít already been said about how good this guy is. Now I will say this, HE IS DEFINTILY LEAVING TORONTO, no question. The way the Raptors ended their season this year, the future not looking so bright with the bad contracts such as Turq and Jose Calderon, andÖwell thatís it. I will say once again just in case people did not read my Amare paragraph, that I have no clue what goes on in these playerís minds. However, itís almost pretty easy to make these kind of assumptions with all the remarks and the media talk about the whole situation. Now letís get down to business, where will Bosh go? Well the options are either the Knicks, Bulls, or Heat. There has been a lot of talk that most people think if Bosh were to leave Toronto, it would be for the Knicks. I say otherwise. In my opinion, this guy wants to win more then any of these big name superstars in the free agency. With that in mind, I think he will want to sign with a big name superstar on the same team so that they can form a big duo and become a title contender. The Bulls are a great choice since with him, the bulls will have a frontcourt of Bosh and Noah, along with a future great point guard, Derrick Rose. Loul Deng is not too shabby either at small forward. I think the Bulls is the best choice for Bosh in terms of title contention. However with that said, Rose is not quite a superstar YET, and Deng is at times proclaimed by Bulls fans to be a liability. Which is why without further a due, the team I think he will sign withÖ..the Miami Heat. I think Chris Bosh will love to team up with a guy who knows how to win a championship and can make a great combo along with possibly Michael Beasley if he gets his act together. The Heat can also sign another big name player with the cap space they have to form a potential dynasty for years to come.

Dwyane Wade: Does this guy seriously need an introduction? Itís Dwyane ďFrinkingĒ Wade! The Finals MVP from 2006. The top three player in the NBA. Now letís just skip right ahead to where he might go. In my opinion, there are only two teams he might go to. The Bulls, or he resigns with the Heat. Now the Bulls currently have much better teammates then the Heat do. With Derrick Rose and Wade, it would no question be the best backcourt in the game. You also got Loul Deng who is around a 18 point scorer, and Noah and Gibson at the front court. Now as for the Heat, the only guy worth mentioning on the team is Beasley. Now even though Wade obviously wants to win and the Heat donít have much players for now, they also have the most cap space then any other team in the league. If Wade decided to wait and see what Miami does in the off-season, the Heat could sign a superstar or two and then Wade can resign for a max and make his team a potential championship team again. Now with all this in mind, I think itís a very close call, but if I had to pick, I think no matter what happens, Wade will resign with the Heat. As I mentioned before, this guy wants to win as badly as the next guy, but I think it will come down to loyalty, and out of all the players in the free agency, Wade has the most for his team. That and the fact that the Heat will get SOMEBODY to help Wade contend. I mean with all that cap space, no question the Heat will get some good talent that will satisfy Wade. So unless the Heat are stupid and are not able to get any of the good players from the free agency, Wade will resign with the Heat.

Lebron James: Alas, we have come to this guy. The two time regular season MVP will have a lot of things in his mind and media is going to annoy the **** out of him. So now letís get to the goods, where will he go? Well this player is so mysterious, that sometimes almost any team with cap space or talent heís good to go for. So with that mind, he could either go to the Knicks, Bulls, Cavs, Nets, Clippers, and Heat. Thatís quite a list. Now first letís talk about the team I think itís VERY NOT LIKELY that he will go to, the Clippers, this team has arguably the most talent with enough cap space to offer a max that too. The Clippers got a veteran point guard Baron Davis, and young and up comer Eric Gordon. Along with Chris Kamen as the All Star Center. Lebron James to go along with the Clippers is practically a perfect match. Yet, with the Clipperís dark history of being ďcursedĒ and being the little sister of the Lakers, chances are this will not happen. Even if he cared about winning or money. Now as for the Heat, If Wade were to sign back with the Heat, then chances are Lebron wonít make a stop to Miami. Even though there have been talks about Lebron and Wade being able to play together, I just donít see that happening. Their will be too much conflict and fighting. This is the NBA, not the USA team. Next is the Nets, not really much to say about them. They got great young talent with Brock Lopez, Devin Harris and assuming they pick him in the draft, Derrick Favors. Heís also great friends with Jay Z. Yet, the team is just top young to compete with even with all that talent, and if he wants to win, surely he would not want to go to a inexperienced young team to do that. Next up is the Cavs. I am going to get flamed by many Cavs fans for this but I think now the time with Cleveland for Lebron is just about over. Even though the Cavs have a lot more talent then most of the other teams do, I think Lebron will think to himself, ďenough is enough. I have done everything I can for this organization, and we have yet to win even one game in the finals. Itís time for a change a new future.Ē My point is, itís not the fact that Cleveland is a veryÖ.wellÖblah city, or if the team is good enough or not, itís the fact that in the past seven or eight years of his career, he did everything he could to bring a title to that city but he never seemed to get a good hold of it. I think he will want a change whether itís about winning or not and see if he can win elsewhere. Finally, we come down to two teams left, the Bulls, and the Knicks. I already mentioned the Bulls for almost all of the players in this discussion, so I will just move along to the Knicks. Now, if Lebron James just cares about money and fame, New York is by far the best place for that. He will practically be a King in New York and the tickets sale will be over the charts but still be able to sell out with Lebron James on the cover of every New York City drink. However, if he cared about winning or even both, the Knicks in my opinion is just not the place for that. I mean sure, they got the rooster at small forward, and possibly David Lee if he resigns with them, but thatís it. Even with the cap space the Knicks have, the whole team itself is just way too inexperienced to win a championship right away and the organization itself as a whole in terms of history and now, is just way too dysfunctional, maybe even more dysfunctional then the Cavs. Which is why I now predict, Lebron James will sign with the Chicago Bulls. I think they are in a better position to win, and have the right teammates to win with. Now for players like Wade or Bosh, I did say that Rose is not exactly a superstar YET, but I think having a player like Lebron James, will help his growth and become even a better player then he already is and will make the Bulls a title contender from the get go.
Well thatís it. As I said from the beginning, take my predictions with a grain of salt if you donít like it, or for whatís worth it.

ManRam
06-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Good work guys.

There have been a lot of reports about how LeBron going to NYK and LAC won't actually get him more money, it will just increase his star power. But the thing is, he already is the face of the NBA, and Kobe isn't getting younger. His jersey sales in China and other countries trail Kobe's significantly, and that definitely could be due to the Cleveland factor. I think he is looking to win first and foremost, and everything else is secondary. He's going to be insanely rich, he's going to get his billion dollars and he's going to be the face of the NBA no matter where goes. He just wants to win.

I think he'll sign last. I expect Wade to re-sign - like everyone said.

I think if Bosh or Stat go to NY or NJ, LeBron will follow. I really can't see LeBron staying in Cleveland. He won't win there any time soon. They are in a worse situation than any of the other competing teams. I wish he'd go to LA. Imagine that.

Kakaroach
06-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Awesome job fellas. Fun to read everyone's opinions and everyone expects D-Wade to re-sign as do I. I also think Amare and LeBron will stay put. Boozer and Bosh are the only two that I expect to ditch out.

td0tsfinest
06-11-2010, 10:08 AM
A lot of people really think Lebron and Wade are good friends of Chris Bosh, the way he talks in this video, you wouldn't think so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyXs58jq9Ao&feature=channel

Also, surprised no one has mentioned Bosh to the Lakers. Its a bigger option than most people think.

ManRam
06-11-2010, 10:09 AM
A lot of people really think Lebron and Wade are good friends of Chris Bosh, the way he talks in this video, you wouldn't think so.

Also, surprised no one has mentioned Bosh to the Lakers. Its a bigger option than most people think.

For a Bynum swap?

That's the only way it happens. Would LA do that?

Raoul Duke
06-11-2010, 10:12 AM

I thought about that, too, but it didn't seem to me like the likeliest of options, simply because I think LA has to lose in the finals before they're ready to make a big move like that. If they win, it's safe to assume they'll stand pat with what they have.

Another thing I thought about was a Dirk for Amare swap. That occured to me last night while I was feeding my cat, and for some reason it made all kinds of sense for both teams. Then again I'm not a big Mavs of Suns fan, so I could be way off.

JNA17
06-11-2010, 10:13 AM

IMO, i think that will only happen if the lakers were to lose the championship this year. Otherwise, i see the lakers staying put with the current team while adding some depth this off-season.

:pray: for steve blake

td0tsfinest
06-11-2010, 10:22 AM
For a Bynum swap?

There was actually rumours going around that LA and Toronto were ready to do that swap at the trade deadline but Bryan Colangelo pulled out cause the raptors were playing so well. Of course it is just a rumour.

But like JNA17 said Bosh to LA might be more inevitable if the Lakers lose in the finals.

the_jon
06-11-2010, 10:24 AM
For a Bynum swap?

Toronto would definitely do that. I've been saying Bosh for Bynum for awhile now. Not a big fan of Beasley. Draft Aldy...

Aldrich - Bynum - Turk - DeRozan - Jack

Definitely potential there.

the_jon
06-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Another thing I thought about was a Dirk for Amare swap. That occured to me last night while I was feeding my cat, and for some reason it made all kinds of sense for both teams. Then again I'm not a big Mavs of Suns fan, so I could be way off.
No it makes sense. Amare is still a young guy that can lead the Mavs. Dirks getting older so is most of the Suns team.

I think the Mavs would have to include a youngish player or future draft pick to make the Suns jump.

td0tsfinest
06-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Toronto would definitely do that. I've been saying Bosh for Bynum for awhile now. Not a big fan of Beasley. Draft Aldy...

Not sure how potent a Bynum-Alrdrich front court would be. Both guys are centers and neither of them would be able to guard quick PFs. I rather just move Bargnani to the PF, Bynum C and draft a wing player like Paul George or Xavier Henry since Hedo doesn't want to come back.

Korman12
06-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Awesome work

JNA17
06-11-2010, 10:48 AM

what happened to bargs?

ManRam
06-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Only two of you guys really mentioned the Clippers, both pretty much writing them off...

I think if Geffen does buy the Clippers (and for the sake of that franchise I pray to God that he does), I think LA could go from dark horse to favorites. Talent-wise, they have more to offer than any other team in competition as is, besides Chicago (perhaps). Throw LeBron in that mix, and that team can compete with anyone in the league.

They have Kaman, Davis, Gordon, Griffin, Collins and Jordan. Bring in a few veterans with the MLE, use that #8 pick well, and that's a really solid core - perhaps better than the core he had last year (depending on how good Griffin plays, I wouldn't say it's debatable). Throw him in the LA limelight, give him a chance to directly rival Kobe (near the twilight of his prime) in his own town, and give him the ultimate chance to be the ultimate savior...and I think it's a match made in heaven.

td0tsfinest
06-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Only two of you guys really mentioned the Clippers, both pretty much writing them off...

I think if Geffen does buy the Clippers (and for the sake of that franchise I pray to God that he does), I think LA could go from dark horse to favorites. Talent-wise, they have more to offer than any other team in competition as is, besides Chicago (perhaps). Throw LeBron in that mix, and that team can compete with anyone in the league.

They have Kaman, Davis, Gordon, Griffin, Collins and Jordan. Bring in a few veterans with the MLE, use that #8 pick well, and that's a really solid core - perhaps better than the core he had last year (depending on how good Griffin plays, I wouldn't say it's debatable). Throw him in the LA limelight, give him a chance to directly rival Kobe (near the twilight of his prime) in his own town, and give him the ultimate chance to be the ultimate savior...and I think it's a match made in heaven.

I agree. The Clippers have a very good young core and have a chance of one adding one more piece in the upcoming draft. I wouldn't write off Clippers just yet. LA is a big market and going up against the Lakers might be a challenge Lebron is willing to take.

JordansBulls
06-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Good job guys. I wish I saw more Bosh or Lebron to Chicago though.:)

Raoul Duke
06-11-2010, 12:29 PM

Yeah I wrote my part early in the week, before I really heard about Geffen. I also screwed up in my post and said that Chicago had the best roster of the teams with cap space, when it's obviously the Clips. Like most people, I'm just assuming they're not really a viable option for anyone.

ManRam
06-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Yeah I wrote my part early in the week, before I really heard about Geffen. I also screwed up in my post and said that Chicago had the best roster of the teams with cap space, when it's obviously the Clips. Like most people, I'm just assuming they're not really a viable option for anyone.

I don't blame you. If I had to write about this I probably wouldn't have mentioned the Clippers for more than a sentence or two...especially before hearing that news (rumor).

I just think it's interesting...and hopefully this off-season is actually interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone stayed (besides JJ and Bosh)...and that would be lame. I hope Geffen gets the team. That throws a monkey wrench into everything - which is awesome.

JNA17
06-11-2010, 12:43 PM

I put down that the clippers have the most talent with cap space that lebron could go to if he just wanted to win. However, were not even sure if lebron really does care that much that he would go to a team like the clippers.

What i mean is, i think he will go to a team with a lot of talent like the clippers, but at the same time, the team will have to be a big name team like the lakers, bulls, knicks, etc.

cmellofan15
06-11-2010, 12:48 PM
I wuv you JNA!!!! <3

Corey
06-11-2010, 12:50 PM

I said LeBron to Chicago :)

If anyone didn't feel like reading my writeup:

Bosh: Miami
Wade: Miami
Stoudemire: Knicks (With Joe Johnson)
Lebron: Chicago

JNA17
06-11-2010, 12:53 PM
I wuv you JNA!!!! <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0 :love:

JNA17
06-11-2010, 12:53 PM
I said LeBron to Chicago :)

If anyone didn't feel like reading my writeup:

Bosh: Miami
Stoudemire: Knicks (With Joe Johnson)
Lebron: Chicago

Great minds think alike :D

king4day
06-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Amar'e said yesterday that Phoenix has the upper hand and he wants to sign an extension before July 1st. If Kerr offers him the max, he stays. So it's no longer a matter of if he wants to stay in phoenix. It's a matter of, will Sarver and Kerr pony up the money.

Corey
06-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Great minds think alike :D

Yea, definitely.

I really wouldn't be surprised if it happened. Especially the Amare and Johnson to New York, thing.

The East would be so stacked..

The Jokemaker
06-11-2010, 07:11 PM
I think Lebron will wind up with the Knicks. It's been rumoured for a long time and I think once he visits New York as part of his concert tour, he'll realize New York is the place he wants to be.

Wade will stay in Miami and will be joined by Carlos Boozer.

Bosh will go to New York to join Lebron as potentially the best 1-2 punch in the league.

Amare will stay in Phoenix where he still has a great team around him.

And I think Joe Johnson will wind up with the Mavs who make a strong sign and trade push for him.

Those are my predictions anyway.

ldc62
06-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Good round table... better than ESPN

JNA17
06-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Good round table... better than ESPN

fo show.

ChiSox219
06-11-2010, 08:20 PM
No Tredigs or Chronz = Fail

nuggetsyankees
06-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Lebron - stays
Dwade - stays
Bosh - Miami
Amare - stays
Boozer - NY
Joe Johnson - NY

iFYouSeekAmy
06-11-2010, 08:52 PM
I wonder how the Noah-Lebron interaction plays out if Lebron decides to go to Chicago.

dolphan
06-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Bosh - Heat

Lebron - Bulls

Wade- Heat

Boy is it going to be fun using the heat in 2K11

PrettyBoyJ
06-11-2010, 09:39 PM
As the day approaches more and more I think a lot of teams are going to be upset.. there are a lot of teams who cleared up space for this exact moment I just hope they all have back up plans

taurus515th
06-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Lebron: Chicago. Big market better chance of winning and getting to be a billionaire which is his goal.

Bosh: Said he doesnt want to be second fiddle so that would eliminate a lot of teams. Bosh to NY.

Johnson: NY.

Amare: stays

Boozer NJ.

Wade: Why would he stay in Miami when everyone is gone goes to Chicago with Lebron to create a dynasty.

thescore53
06-11-2010, 10:13 PM
@corey i think bosh likes the lifesstyle in toronto more than miami..... thats why he spends most of his offseason here, he's kind of a computer geek

thescore53
06-11-2010, 10:17 PM
There was actually rumours going around that LA and Toronto were ready to do that swap at the trade deadline but Bryan Colangelo pulled out cause the raptors were playing so well. Of course it is just a rumour.

But like JNA17 said Bosh to LA might be more inevitable if the Lakers lose in the finals.

no one pulled out... lakers offered then bc said gtfo

thescore53
06-11-2010, 10:18 PM

i wish i saw atleast one person say bosh atleast has a remote chance of staying :(

td0tsfinest
06-11-2010, 10:20 PM
@corey i think bosh likes the lifesstyle in toronto more than miami..... thats why he spends most of his offseason here, he's kind of a computer geek

:eyebrow: are you calling us computer geeks?

I really don't think its the lifestyle Bosh is most worried about. He just wants to go to a place where he can win.

thescore53
06-11-2010, 10:20 PM
ok the question is what do the raptors have to do to keep bosh

thescore53
06-11-2010, 10:21 PM
:eyebrow: are you calling us computer geeks?

I really don't think its the lifestyle Bosh is most worried about. He just wants to go to a place where he can win.

no bosh is a computer geek.. corey said bosh like the miami lifestyle more

td0tsfinest
06-11-2010, 10:22 PM
no bosh is a computer geek.. corey said bosh like the miami lifestyle more

so what does being a computer geek have to do with anything?

thescore53
06-11-2010, 10:30 PM
i have no clue i just threw that in there....

can someone please explain why people think theres no chance he stays.. he loves the city, he spends most off his off season here... he just made a dvd where the commercial for it plays background music ''rep tdot till they bury me''' atleast just that warrants 25 percent

G-legend
06-11-2010, 10:41 PM
If Bosh loves Toronto so much, why is he in LA right now...he's not even willing to negotiate with the Raptors organization (as per what the supposed insiders are saying) to help them get more out of a possible sign-and-trade. Now, I will say there is some chance that he stays because he has been with the Raptors his entire career, but I believe you are overstating his love for Toronto.

taurus515th
06-11-2010, 10:57 PM
i have no clue i just threw that in there....

can someone please explain why people think theres no chance he stays.. he loves the city, he spends most off his off season here... he just made a dvd where the commercial for it plays background music ''rep tdot till they bury me''' atleast just that warrants 25 percent

Because if Bosh or any of the players that signed a shorten deal truely cared about staying or loyalty they would have never signed a 3 year deal but a full 6 years with their teams but what they want is money and winning which is understandable but they talk all the talk now but once a teams offers some of them money its a different story. I dont know much of Bosh but I just dont see him as someone looking into the free agency to win games and money I see money all over him. I dont want to be second fiddle statement which is another reason why I dont think he cares that much about winning. If someone comes to Bosh with money I can see him leaving and also NY which I mentioned might be his destination is also not that far from Toronto.

thescore53
06-11-2010, 10:57 PM
If Bosh loves Toronto so much, why is he in LA right now...he's not even willing to negotiate with the Raptors organization (as per what the supposed insiders are saying) to help them get more out of a possible sign-and-trade. Now, I will say there is some chance that he stays because he has been with the Raptors his entire career, but I believe you are overstating his love for Toronto.

watch this video from the 22;30 mark, he literally glows talking about Toronto,

thescore53
06-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Because if Bosh or any of the players that signed a shorten deal truely cared about staying or loyalty they would have never signed a 3 year deal but a full 6 years with their teams but what they want is money and winning which is understandable but they talk all the talk now but once a teams offers some of them money its a different story. I dont know much of Bosh but I just dont see him as someone looking into the free agency to win games and money I see money all over him. I dont want to be second fiddle statement which is another reason why I dont think he cares that much about winning. If someone comes to Bosh with money I can see him leaving and also NY which I mentioned might be his destination is also not that far from Toronto.

Toronto can offer him the most money

joe j.09
06-11-2010, 11:16 PM
My prediction:

NYK: LBJ and bosh
Miami: wade and amare
Chicago: JJ
NJN: boozer

thescore53
06-11-2010, 11:16 PM
i just rebutted two people who's next. stop listening to espn i know he could leave but it not for ''sure'' even espn guys gave him 25 % chance for him to stay

thescore53
06-11-2010, 11:18 PM
my prediction

miami - boozzer, wade

cavs- lbj,

raps- joe johnson , bosh.... dont ask me how it just will

taurus515th
06-11-2010, 11:19 PM

Dont forget about the endorsements from a big market not as big as would Lebron though.

Corey
06-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Not only do you say Bosh is going to stay, but you think they will get JJ too?

Come on, man.

td0tsfinest
06-11-2010, 11:23 PM
While there is a percentage bosh could stay, I really don't see another superstar coming to Toronto.

The only thing BC has to sell to Bosh is he'll continue to be the Face of a franchise and a promise he'll make the team better.

thescore53
06-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Not only do you say Bosh is going to stay, but you think they will get JJ too?

Come on, man.

he left phoenix to play for the hawks, anything is possible

JNA17
06-11-2010, 11:24 PM

I don't think it's the money. I said in my OP that Bosh imo is the guy that wants to win more then anyone of the FA, or as much as players dirk and wade. The way the raptors ended their season, the way their team is set up and financial screwed with guys like calderon and turq, it's almost a total gimmie that bosh is leaving. HOWEVER, i see the raptors getting something out of bosh leaving. Most likely i think a sign and trade will happen and the raps will at least get something.

In other words, Bosh is at a 20% chance of staying.

thescore53
06-11-2010, 11:27 PM
I don't think it's the money. I said in my OP that Bosh imo is the guy that wants to win more then anyone of the FA, or as much as players dirk and wade. The way the raptors ended their season, the way their team is set up and financial screwed with guys like calderon and turq, it's almost a total gimmie that bosh is leaving. HOWEVER, i see the raptors getting something out of bosh leaving. Most likely i think a sign and trade will happen and the raps will at least get something.

In other words, Bosh is at a 20% chance of staying.

thank you thats all i ask ;)

JNA17
06-11-2010, 11:28 PM
thank you thats all i ask ;)

No problem :)

prodigy
06-11-2010, 11:39 PM
If they don't sign with the globetrotters then they clearly don't care about winning.

Corey
06-12-2010, 12:18 AM
he left phoenix to play for the hawks, anything is possible

Johnson is a borderline max contract player -- How does Toronto pay for both? They're at roughly 50 million without Bosh. Sign Bosh, and there's no money left for Johnson.

jackdawson
06-12-2010, 12:58 AM

L O L. Even you don't believe that.

Bosh won't destroy his career for any sake.

jackdawson
06-12-2010, 01:03 AM
my prediction

miami - boozzer, wade

cavs- lbj,

raps- joe johnson , bosh.... dont ask me how it just will

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I feel how helpless you are.

ldc62
06-12-2010, 01:30 AM
I like the Raps and even I know theres only a slim chance Bosh will re-sign...

Punkindrublic03
06-12-2010, 01:48 AM
I'll tell you where they are not going. The Seattle SuperSonics -

JNA17
06-12-2010, 01:49 AM
I'll tell you where they are not going. The Seattle SuperSonics -

that's not true. the Pacers will be rid off and the sonics will get their team back ;).

thescore53
06-12-2010, 09:16 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I feel how helpless you are.

see and you guys ask why i hate heat fans.... they don't even want to think about the slightest possibility of free agents not going to Miami

todu82
06-12-2010, 10:05 AM
I think Lebron and one of Wade or Bosh will go to Chicago. Amare will go to the Knicks. I think if Wade doesn't go to Chicago he re-signs with Miami. If Bosh doesn't sign with Chicago he goes to Dallas.

thescore53
06-12-2010, 01:20 PM
I think Lebron and one of Wade or Bosh will go to Chicago. Amare will go to the Knicks. I think if Wade doesn't go to Chicago he re-signs with Miami. If Bosh doesn't sign with Chicago he goes to Dallas.

huh?? a bosh and dirk front court

Sixerlover
06-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Mine didn't even get posted :( lol.. But I had LeBron + Bosh to CHI for all the Bulls fans out there!

thescore53
06-12-2010, 01:29 PM
^^^ i like that doug collins quote... i wish bran colangelo knew that

ldc62
06-12-2010, 01:58 PM
^^^ i like that doug collins quote... i wish bran colangelo knew that

dont hate on BC... BC tried building from the ground up, but we made the playoffs that year so he had to make bold moves to try to make our team better.

NYKnicksNYJets
06-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Amar'e Stodemire signs with Knicks, LeBron Follows.. Knicks trade Curry for Baron Davis.. Trade Chandler and 2 2nd rounders for mid first and draft Hassan Whiteside
Sign Ray Allen and T-Mac to vet min
Lineup:
Baron Davis
Ray Allen
LeBron James
Amar'e Stodemire
Hassan Whiteside
Key Bench Players:
Danillo 6th man, T-Mac and whoever else they sign to small contracts

knicks=love
06-14-2010, 10:31 PM
knicks sign and trade lee for bosh, and lebron later follows. amare will be the first sign on the offseason going to miami. 1 day later will be the s&t for bosh. 2 days later lebron signs. johnson goes to clips or the mavs (if they have room?), and boozer goes to chicago.. and oh dirk stays.

lebron-knicks
wade-heat
bosh-knicks
lee-raptors :(
amare-heat
boozer-bulls
johnson-clips/mavs
dirk-mavs

knicks=love
06-14-2010, 10:35 PM
When will people understand that chicago can't sign two max free agents. Lebron would only go there because he would want to follow in mj's footsteps. Other than that, theres no way in ****ing hell.

Raoul Duke
06-15-2010, 10:08 AM
When will people understand that chicago can't sign two max free agents. Lebron would only go there because he would want to follow in mj's footsteps. Other than that, theres no way in ****ing hell.

I think we pretty much all stated that Chicago would need a S&T to get a second max guy. Never mind the fact that there are really only two, maybe three guys that deserve a max contract.

td0tsfinest
06-15-2010, 10:21 AM
I think we pretty much all stated that Chicago would need a S&T to get a second max guy. Never mind the fact that there are really only two, maybe three guys that deserve a max contract.

I think Chicago is going to need a S&T just to get one max guy. They have the money but considering that anyone that signs a Max Contract will get more money plus an extra year with their current team, it wouldn't make sense for a player to sign for less.

Raoul Duke
06-15-2010, 10:33 AM
I think Chicago is going to need a S&T just to get one max guy. They have the money but considering that anyone that signs a Max Contract will get more money plus an extra year with their current team, it wouldn't make sense for a player to sign for less.

I see what you're saying, but I think it's highly unlikely that ever marquee free agent that leaves his team this summer does so through sign and trade.

td0tsfinest
06-15-2010, 10:44 AM
I see what you're saying, but I think it's highly unlikely that ever marquee free agent that leaves his team this summer does so through sign and trade.

I don't think it is. I think every player that's looking eying a max contract is going to look for that full amount. Considering Dwayne Wade is most likely to stay, the only other guys I see getting a Max Contract is Lebron, Bosh and maybe Amare and JJ. So I don't think its unreasonable to see 2-4 S&Ts

And it seems like Lebron and Bosh are primary targets of Chicago and I seriously doubt either of those guys will take less than the full amount.

Raoul Duke
06-15-2010, 11:04 AM
And it seems like Lebron and Bosh are primary targets of Chicago and I seriously doubt either of those guys will take less than the full amount.

Well, just to play devil's advocate, how much money would Bosh lose if he went and signed with Miami and didn't have to pay any state taxes, as opposed to if he was maxed out by Toronto? For that matter, what if Bosh dicided he really wanted to play in Miami but they just didn't have the pieces to interest Toronto?

I see your point, and history certainly indicates that when max guys switch teams, all parties involved usually prefer a sign and trade so that noone is left empty handed or feeling like they got shortchanged. So you're probably right.

td0tsfinest
06-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Well, just to play devil's advocate, how much money would Bosh lose if he went and signed with Miami and didn't have to pay any state taxes, as opposed to if he was maxed out by Toronto? For that matter, what if Bosh dicided he really wanted to play in Miami but they just didn't have the pieces to interest Toronto?

I see your point, and history certainly indicates that when max guys switch teams, all parties involved usually prefer a sign and trade so that noone is left empty handed or feeling like they got shortchanged. So you're probably right.

If thats the case, Toronto might just have to take whatever they can. You might as well get something back rather than giving up a player for nothing. When Rashard Lewis did a S&T with Orlando, the only thing Seattle got back was a second round pick. If Bosh wants nothing but to go to Miami, than the raptors might have to concede and take whatever they can from Miami.

World Wide Wes
06-15-2010, 03:57 PM
If thats the case, Toronto might just have to take whatever they can. You might as well get something back rather than giving up a player for nothing. When Rashard Lewis did a S&T with Orlando, the only thing Seattle got back was a second round pick. If Bosh wants nothing but to go to Miami, than the raptors might have to concede and take whatever they can from Miami.

You are correct sir.

beasted86
06-15-2010, 04:01 PM

I'd guess you'd get your first round pick back, or a salary dump of Beasley, Jones, and Cook.

It's possible the Raptors get more than that from the Heat if they do S&T Bosh to Miami, but I'll be mad if the Heat offer more than that. All the Raptors are giving up is bird rights. The Heat had the cap space to sign Bosh anyway.

unleashthebeast
06-15-2010, 04:27 PM

wade and bosh just went to dinner together

td0tsfinest
06-15-2010, 04:29 PM
wade and bosh just went to dinner together

To talk about business. Have you ever seen Bosh and Wade go out for dinner before. Bosh and Dwight, those guys are boys. During our series against the Magic, they went out for dinner after every game.

rapsallday
06-15-2010, 07:35 PM
If bosh truly wants to win hell go to orlando or Lakers...

rapsallday
06-15-2010, 07:48 PM
howard-bosh-lewis-carter-mle

gasol-bosh-artest-bryant-mle

rapsallday
06-15-2010, 07:50 PM
nightmares 4 Wade n lebron

VinceCarter
06-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Here's my list:

Wade--Stays
LeBron--Bulls or Nets
Bosh--Stays
Amare--Stays or Nets

Dieselpi
06-16-2010, 09:26 AM
sign and trades are tricky right now
teams that stand to lose a player arent going to take **** players back that another team doesnt want just to say they got something back.

Dieselpi
06-16-2010, 09:28 AM
To talk about business. Have you ever seen Bosh and Wade go out for dinner before. Bosh and Dwight, those guys are boys. During our series against the Magic, they went out for dinner after every game.

they are playing the media beautifully
they get together all the time, and all of a sudden this one dinner is considered a summit for them all to end up in the same place.

td0tsfinest
06-16-2010, 10:17 AM
they are playing the media beautifully
they get together all the time, and all of a sudden this one dinner is considered a summit for them all to end up in the same place.

I didn't say it was summit but I don't think they came together for dinner just for the heck of it. Like the video I posted before, Chris Bosh only considers Wade and Lebron as "associates, not friends"

Anyways, here's another video of Chris Bosh on Free Agency. One thing he makes clear is he doesn't want to be "an addition", he wants to be "center-piece" the guy you build a team around.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/06/15/20100615_bosh_free_agent.nba/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Dieselpi
06-16-2010, 11:33 AM
I didn't say it was summit but I don't think they came together for dinner just for the heck of it. Like the video I posted before, Chris Bosh only considers Wade and Lebron as "associates, not friends"

Anyways, here's another video of Chris Bosh on Free Agency. One thing he makes clear is he doesn't want to be "an addition", he wants to be "center-piece" the guy you build a team around.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/06/15/20100615_bosh_free_agent.nba/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

well in that case he is delerious because when compared to lebron wade etc he isnt a center piece.

gwrighter
06-16-2010, 11:55 AM
well in that case he is delerious because when compared to lebron wade etc he isnt a center piece.

All he wants is for a team to be built around him. He is going to to sign to which ever team is willing to do that + has the best chance to win. Bryan Colangelo is doing all he can to keep bosh in toronto. The toronto press has been rumbling here for the past week saying that toronto is in the mix for some major moves. All we can do is wait and see what's going to happen.

oak2455
06-16-2010, 12:17 PM
LBJ and Bosh- Knicks
Wade - Stays or Chicago
Boozer or Amare -Miami
Chicago- Wade or :confused:

Just my take:eyebrow:

Gary Reasons
06-16-2010, 12:18 PM
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/343/ree01.png
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/3666/ree02.png
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7662/ree03.png

Sounds like a lot of wasted time spent writing when in a few short weeks we could let things play out

oak2455
06-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Sounds like a lot of wasted time spent writing when in a few short weeks we could let things play out

I guess you have lots of time to waste :eyebrow:

Dieselpi
06-16-2010, 02:25 PM
i dont know where each one will end up
but i wouldnt be surpised if a few of them ended up pairing up on a few different squads, ny, nj, chicago, miami.

MFFL==FML
06-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Boozer: Miami
Amare: NY
Johnson: Chicago
*LeBron: Dallas :D

*If LeBron wants to be a billionaire, Dallas is where he needs to come. Cuban will give him what he wants and part ownership of the team I'm sure lol. He also said he wanted to play with Kidd, and then as a huge added bonus, he gets to play with the best PF in the game today, Dirk Nowitzki. Not to mention, all the teams are in the East, so if they do a S&T, Cavs can get LeBron the fug out of the East by shipping him to Dallas. Dallas also has better trade pieces to give for LeBron with the Dust Chip, Caron Butler, Jason Terry, Brendon Haywood, and if need be, Roddy Beaubois.

Chicago: Won't be able to lure anyone in so they will be forced to give Joe Johnson a max contract.

NY: Will convince Amare to come over with the big bucks but have trouble to get anyone else.

Miami: No real reason other than the fact that Boozer was almost traded there last season. Wade stays as a result of getting Boozer and having loyalty.

Ovratd1up
06-16-2010, 03:57 PM
i just rebutted two people who's next. stop listening to espn i know he could leave but it not for ''sure'' even espn guys gave him 25 % chance for him to stay

He cares about winning? Toronto can't compete with cities like Miami, Chicago, and L.A. as far as realistically setting goals for the franchise. And he likes those cities too.

thescore53
06-16-2010, 04:02 PM
i like how people are kinda ignoring that video tdotsfinest just posted,

so i'll post it again http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/06/15/20100615_bosh_free_agent.nba/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

thescore53
06-16-2010, 04:06 PM
He cares about winning? Toronto can't compete with cities like Miami, Chicago, and L.A. as far as realistically setting goals for the franchise. And he likes those cities too.

ok i agree thats why i say Toronto is not totally out the mix after all we were on of the teams on the list

and i can say bosh loves Toronto a lot , weather aside Toronto is a better city than Miami , and he spends more time in Toronto in the off season than all those cities

Dieselpi
06-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Boozer: Miami
Amare: NY
Johnson: Chicago
*LeBron: Dallas :D

*If LeBron wants to be a billionaire, Dallas is where he needs to come. Cuban will give him what he wants and part ownership of the team I'm sure lol. He also said he wanted to play with Kidd, and then as a huge added bonus, he gets to play with the best PF in the game today, Dirk Nowitzki. Not to mention, all the teams are in the East, so if they do a S&T, Cavs can get LeBron the fug out of the East by shipping him to Dallas. Dallas also has better trade pieces to give for LeBron with the Dust Chip, Caron Butler, Jason Terry, Brendon Haywood, and if need be, Roddy Beaubois.

Chicago: Won't be able to lure anyone in so they will be forced to give Joe Johnson a max contract.

NY: Will convince Amare to come over with the big bucks but have trouble to get anyone else.

Miami: No real reason other than the fact that Boozer was almost traded there last season. Wade stays as a result of getting Boozer and having loyalty.

he cant give him part ownership
so thats out of the question

Ovratd1up
06-16-2010, 04:14 PM
No I agree, it's just that realistically speaking Toronto can't really do much to be a contender in the next couple years. And after two disappointing years of restarting with a more sparkly team each time and missing the playoffs, I just can't see himself putting his name on a contract and renouncing all of his aspirations and dignity for settling for mediocrity. No offense, lol.

Dieselpi
06-16-2010, 04:17 PM
i like how people are kinda ignoring that video tdotsfinest just posted,

so i'll post it again http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/06/15/20100615_bosh_free_agent.nba/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

i watched it, and if hes serious about it all
why opt out? just stay in toronto and be done with it.

thescore53
06-16-2010, 04:18 PM
No I agree, it's just that realistically speaking Toronto can't really do much to be a contender in the next couple years. And after two disappointing years of restarting with a more sparkly team each time and missing the playoffs, I just can't see himself putting his name on a contract and renouncing all of his aspirations and dignity for settling for mediocrity. No offense, lol.

maybe bosh likes being a loser

thescore53
06-16-2010, 04:19 PM
i watched it, and if hes serious about it all
why opt out? just stay in toronto and be done with it.

cause he can make more money if he opts out and signs a new contract

Dieselpi
06-16-2010, 04:23 PM
cause he can make more money if he opts out and signs a new contract

with who? toronto?
less years if he opts out and no bird rights

thescore53
06-16-2010, 04:28 PM
with who? toronto?
less years if he opts out and no bird rights

that is so wrong,

Dieselpi
06-16-2010, 04:43 PM
so a player can opt out, become a free agent, retain his bird rights and make more money than if he just resigned with his own team off the bat? interesting

explain how that works.

oak2455
06-16-2010, 04:48 PM
LBJ signed with the Knicks Yet?? :clap:

oak2455
06-16-2010, 04:58 PM
so a player can opt out, become a free agent, retain his bird rights and make more money than if he just resigned with his own team off the bat? interesting

explain how that works.

Think he left town...........................................

thescore53
06-16-2010, 05:04 PM

explain how that works.

if he opts out now the raptors have his bird right and thus can offer him the most money, i don't know why he should not opt out when a max contract is waiting for him right there,

he had a chance to sign a extension last year when he was still under contract, but he can make more money if he waits and opts out ,

all teams have the bird rights of their free agents unless they renounce their rights

Dieselpi
06-16-2010, 05:08 PM
the point i was making is he cant make more than what they can offer him while utilizing his bird rights, you said i was wrong.

thescore53
06-16-2010, 05:17 PM
no you said if he opts out he gets less years and money..

Lord Leoshes
06-17-2010, 01:03 AM
OK, as of today June 17th

Bron - Stays in CLV
Bosh - Stays in TOR
Wade - stays in Miami
Dirk - Stays in Dal
Lee - Stays in NY
Amare - Go's to Miami
JJ - Go's to Miami
Boozer - Go's to CHI
Gay - Go's to NY

I'll reevaluate it after the draft.

JFresh_#8Nets
06-17-2010, 01:23 AM
LBJ signed with the Knicks Yet?? :clap:

:facepalm: not even in 2k10

jackdawson
06-17-2010, 03:19 AM
I can't comment about others but Wade is staying and Bosh is bolting for sure. Out of all FAs, Bosh is the surefire goner as of now.

Jeff559
06-17-2010, 03:44 AM
New York is gonna strike out and set the record for regular season losses. :laugh2: