PDA

View Full Version : am i wrong, or...

Bodhidogma
06-09-2010, 12:59 PM
...does rondo often travel on the first play of each game?

if the celtics win the opening tip off, the ball goes to rondo. he clearly takes posession of it, but then he will often toss (or bounce) the ball high in the air, grab it again and start dribbling. he is essentially passing the ball to himself. it looks like a clear travel to me, but yet it never gets called.

:confused:

IAmKira
06-09-2010, 01:14 PM
The Celtics get away from a lot of things. Get use to it..

CowboysKB24
06-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Who cares. They all travel on the first step. Kobe LBJ and the rest of em do the same thing. This thread should be closed.

ugafan
06-09-2010, 01:24 PM
You're wrong.

IAmKira
06-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Who cares. They all travel on the first step. Kobe LBJ and the rest of em do the same thing. This thread should be closed.

on ur sig. Why is it Dallas owns the Eagles?

NYtilIdie
06-09-2010, 01:34 PM
on ur sig. Why is it Dallas owns the eagle?

:laugh2: :laugh2:

WOW!!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

IAmKira
06-09-2010, 01:36 PM
:laugh2: :laugh2:

WOW!!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

obviously u dunno why im asking this. :facepalm:

UofA
06-09-2010, 01:44 PM
basically everyone does it

Pierzynski4Prez
06-09-2010, 01:47 PM
because they don't call traveling in the NBA anymore. Haven't in a long time.

Mplsman
06-09-2010, 01:48 PM
NBA where traveling happens.

ShakeN'Bake
06-09-2010, 01:51 PM
really...your complaining about traveling in the nba...

Raoul Duke
06-09-2010, 01:52 PM
I've wondered the same thing. Sure, theres a lot of subtle traveling at times that really don't matter in the grand scheme of things, but this example is pretty blatant.

Da Knicks
06-09-2010, 01:57 PM
I thought they did away with those calls and hand checking a long time ago?

Bodhidogma
06-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I've wondered the same thing. Sure, theres a lot of subtle traveling at times that really don't matter in the grand scheme of things, but this example is pretty blatant.

thank you! it is very blatant and it is the first play of the game - hence the reason why i questioned it.

"really...your complaining about traveling in the nba..."
really - i am!

and to the fine fellow that said i am wrong - please enlighten me as to why! much obliged.

awmathewsjr
06-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Traveling in the NBA is like steroids in baseball. THEY'RE ALL DOING IT.

azkarraga
06-09-2010, 02:03 PM
I want to go back to the 80's rules

IAmKira
06-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Traveling in the NBA is like steroids in baseball. THEY'RE ALL DOING IT.

u're an idiot. you know that right? How is traveling like steriods? You would have to catch the person doin it wif test n sheit but you can see traveling right infront of u.

ShakeN'Bake
06-09-2010, 02:05 PM
thank you! it is very blatant and it is the first play of the game - hence the reason why i questioned it.

"really...your complaining about traveling in the nba..."
really - i am!

and to the fine fellow that said i am wrong - please enlighten me as to why! much obliged.

I understand that it takes away from the game and is obnoxious, but until they start actually calling traveling I dont see a problem with this. Its not like this is a game changing drive where hes taking 5 steps to drive to the hoop.

I really wish they would start calling travels because honestly the way they treat it makes it seem like its not even a rule. Its a joke.

But I just dont see the point in complaining about it. If you want to complain about something complain about star calls or inconsistent officiating, things that have a big impact on a game.

ItsTheLastAce
06-09-2010, 03:12 PM
No not really, but the one thing I do get really annoyed with about rondo is that he reaches all the damn time and gets away with it.

Raoul Duke
06-09-2010, 03:18 PM
I understand that it takes away from the game and is obnoxious, but until they start actually calling traveling I dont see a problem with this. Its not like this is a game changing drive where hes taking 5 steps to drive to the hoop.

I really wish they would start calling travels because honestly the way they treat it makes it seem like its not even a rule. Its a joke.

But I just dont see the point in complaining about it. If you want to complain about something complain about star calls or inconsistent officiating, things that have a big impact on a game

I wasn't trying to complain, I was mostly just wondering how many other fans noticed the same thing and thought to themselves "huh... I thought that was a travel, is there something I don't know?". Obnoxious is the perfect way to describe it.

awmathewsjr
06-09-2010, 03:57 PM
u're an idiot. you know that right? How is traveling like steriods? You would have to catch the person doin it wif test n sheit but you can see traveling right infront of u.

DUDE GET A GRIP. Are you that hard up for an argument, IT WAS A JOKE! Must be that Roid Rage that they were talkin bout:rolleyes: