PDA

View Full Version : The Celtics loss is solely on Ray Allen

Boston Faithful
06-09-2010, 02:31 AM
Tonight's loss was unfortunate, solely because of Ray Allen.

The Lakers didn't really outplay the Celtics tonight, rather Ray Allen axed the Celtics.

If you look at the stats, similar shoot percentages for the teams. The 3 point and FT percentages cancel each other out. The Lakers had more rebounds but the Celtics more assists. Similar turnover rates and the Celtics had more steals but Lakers more blocks. You can argue the Celtics sucked in the first half, but they came back in the second half pretty strong.

Ray Allen killed the Celtics tonight. He played 42 of the 48 minutes and scored 2 points on 0-13 shooting and 0-8 from three point.

He was completely ineffective. Sure he had decent defense on Kobe all night, but that was more Tony Allen's doing. If Ray Allen even went 3-13 and 1-8 from 3 point, the game would have been tied.

If we lose this series, I really hope Ray Allen doesn't come back to Boston. That was a pathetic showing after such a great Game 2.

IAmKira
06-09-2010, 02:38 AM
u win wif his shots and u die wif his shots. Blame ur boy PP too. He sucked sheit. Also, ref was on ur side in the end once again. Wats wif the stupid review rules? You can't call a foul on the play but u can give the ball to the other team? dumbest thing i've seen

ARMIN12NBA
06-09-2010, 02:39 AM
Hyperbole. It is a team game. No loss solely falls on a single player.

nyyfan4life
06-09-2010, 02:43 AM
Would you rather be down 3-0 or 2-1? With your logic, you don't win game 2 without Allen.

GspLAL
06-09-2010, 02:44 AM

The Lakers didn't really outplay the Celtics tonight, rather Ray Allen axed the Celtics.

If you look at the stats, similar shoot percentages for the teams. The 3 point and FT percentages cancel each other out. The Lakers had more rebounds but the Celtics more assists. Similar turnover rates and the Celtics had more steals but Lakers more blocks. You can argue the Celtics sucked in the first half, but they came back in the second half pretty strong.

Ray Allen killed the Celtics tonight. He played 42 of the 48 minutes and scored 2 points on 0-13 shooting and 0-8 from three point.

He was completely ineffective. Sure he had decent defense on Kobe all night, but that was more Tony Allen's doing. If Ray Allen even went 3-13 and 1-8 from 3 point, the game would have been tied.

If we lose this series, I really hope Ray Allen doesn't come back to Boston. That was a pathetic showing after such a great Game 2.

So if Ray Allen did make a couple shots, then the game could have been completely different, KG might have not scored as much or some other factor would have played in.

robdizzle3
He single handedly won game 2 for you guys and now the hate? Some people have bad shooting nights and though he had some good looks, for most of the night the Lakers made him work for everything and I guess its true what Fisher said about him having to guard Kobe as well, while Fisher hounds him around the court.

HeaTxRipZz
LOL blame it on the team as a whole I love it when this team wins and if its because of ray the credit is given to others like Rondo, even if KG or Pierce is off they will speak on them more than Ray.

Who's fault was it for losing Game 1?

Edit: Players will be off posting a whole topic on it doesn't change much I just hate when people hound Ray for a bad game but will never hound Pierce and others when they are off cause Pierce definitely played bad as well

Boston Faithful
06-09-2010, 02:47 AM
So if Ray Allen did make a couple shots, then the game could have been completely different, KG might have not scored as much or some other factor would have played in.

That makes no sense. Most of Ray Allen's misses were rebounded by the Lakers. Allen had countless good looks, such as the missed three pointer at the end of the game that led to a Fisher three point play. Had he made that, it would have been 84-83 and Fisher would have never scored.

No one really played that terribly on the Celtics besides Allen. Game 1 was a team effort in losing, Game 3 was Ray Allen losing the game for the Celtics. Someone said Pierce sucked, he had 15 points on 5-12. 2 points on 0-13 and 0-8 three point is a heck of alot worse than 15 points on 5-12 shooting and 3-4 from three point. That's not great, but it's okay. Allen sucked. He lost the game for the Celtics.

GspLAL
06-09-2010, 02:51 AM
That makes no sense. Most of Ray Allen's misses were rebounded by the Lakers. Allen had countless good looks, such as the missed three pointer at the end of the game that led to a Fisher three point play. Had he made that, it would have been 84-83 and Fisher would have never scored.

No one really played that terribly on the Celtics besides Allen. Game 1 was a team effort in losing, Game 3 was Ray Allen losing the game for the Celtics. Someone said Pierce sucked, he had 15 points on 5-12. 2 points on 0-13 and 0-8 three point is a heck of alot worse than 15 points on 5-12 shooting and 3-4 from three point. That's not great, but it's okay. Allen sucked. He lost the game for the Celtics.

You didn't get what I said, I meant if Ray Allen scores a few possessions then it could have taken away a few points from KG or someone else.

kblo247
06-09-2010, 02:52 AM
You don't want the guy who won you a ring, played the best ball last playoffs to get you get in the second round, and won you a damn Finals game by himself?

Cry me a ****ing river. He had a bad game, but Allen has won you a hell of a lot more games than Boston was doing for years before he joined the team.

mjt20mik
06-09-2010, 02:55 AM

+1

And I'm rooting for Boston to win.

robdizzle3
06-09-2010, 02:55 AM

I see what you're saying, but he's saying if Allen did have a good game, Garnett wouldnt have been able to have all the touches he had and the Lakers didnt grab all of allen's misses either.

LAOwnsAll15
06-09-2010, 02:56 AM
Go cry in your corner... You cant blame any team member for a loss. Where is the team spirit. He won you game 2 and then you come back and ask him to win you game 3 as well? Way to come in with the same gameplan that the lakers studied.

Knowledge
06-09-2010, 02:57 AM
Allen had a bad night but PP and Rondo also needed to do more. Plus if your a Lakers fan you say we could have won by 20 if Kobe shoots better and Pau/Bynum play better.

At the end of the day, players are gonna have bad games in a series (especially if they are playing good defensive teams). You just need the guys that are hot to find a way to get you a win. In Allen's defense, he helped win game 2 for you guys.

Boston Faithful
06-09-2010, 03:06 AM
You didn't get what I said, I meant if Ray Allen scores a few possessions then it could have taken away a few points from KG or someone else.

Why would have KG not scored on one possession because Ray Allen didn't score on another?

Avenged
06-09-2010, 03:07 AM
Way to blame the Celtics loss on one player. Last time I checked, Boston played team basketball, not individual ball.

Ray Allen was every Celtics fans hero in game 2 and now your calling him out for a bad game in game 3?

Avenged
06-09-2010, 03:08 AM
Why would have KG not scored on one possession because Ray Allen didn't score on another?

KG's touches would have been limited if Ray Allen had a good shooting night. KG had the hot hand so you feed it.

Switch
06-09-2010, 03:20 AM

Couldn't of said it much better.

DQL
06-09-2010, 03:21 AM

Allen is a shooter. He will have good and bad shooting nights. It's normal. He was playing hard. His shots were just not falling that's all. He doesn't deserve to be blamed.

I rather have Ray Allen than Jermaine O'neal. If Allen lost a game for the Celtics, JO lost the whole series for the Heat. JO shot an astonishing 20%fg in the series, after posting his career-high shooting pct in the regular season. I don't care how well Perkins defended him, that's absolutely unacceptable for a big man. Had he made a few shots, the Heat might have held on the lead in game 1 and won game 3 and been up 3-1. You probably wouldn't have been here blaming Ray Allen

Like John Schuhmann tweeted:

Ray Allen is the latest victim of the law of averages. Jermaine O'Neal will shoot 35-for-40 in the first 5 games next season.

clehmun
06-09-2010, 03:24 AM
that's just a weak and sad attempt to blame the loss on one player.

ray allen had a big affect on the game even if he doesn't make a basket.
do you know how much energy is used from kobe/fisher inorder to chase ray around to put a hand up in his face?
do you realize how many opportunities ray allen gave his teammates just by being on the court and spreading the floor? giving rondo/kg/pierce more room to operate because the guy guarding allen can't leave him to help.

a lot more i can say, but i'll leave it at that.
i just pity those bandwagon fans.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-09-2010, 03:46 AM
seriously all threads you have created are closed or they are having tons of negative feedbacks

FOBolous
06-09-2010, 03:53 AM

or if ray allen actually made a few of the attempts he had tonight, Boston could've easily won

nycclipse110
06-09-2010, 03:55 AM
this guy is a moron.

D1JM
06-09-2010, 04:07 AM

the what ifffffff??? what if ray allen didnt get pierce memo about not going back to LA?

GspLAL
06-09-2010, 04:19 AM
or if ray allen actually made a few of the attempts he had tonight, Boston could've easily won

Glad you know how to read..

THE MTL
06-09-2010, 04:22 AM
I blame Paul Pierce. After a bad offensive show in Game 2, I thought he would be MUCH better in Game 3. I knew Ray Allen would cool off in Game 3 (not by this much however lol). Anyway, it shows that Rondo truly is the best player on that team. He always brings it and is mad consistent.

djeller1139
06-09-2010, 04:45 AM
I agree Ray Allen shouldn't have played as many minutes as he did, but you cannot blame the entire loss on one players performance...

SundaeBest
06-09-2010, 04:52 AM

GOD you're dense....then again, if memory serves me right, aren't you the guy that started a KG bashing thread in the Cs board, after game1?

SundaeBest
06-09-2010, 04:55 AM
the what ifffffff??? what if ray allen didnt get pierce memo about not going back to LA?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

nbafan63
06-09-2010, 04:58 AM
ray is terrible. i can shoot better than him.

darwin31
06-09-2010, 05:04 AM
Aside from Fisher's clutch 4th qtr, the Lakers were amazingly unimpressive the entire game and still won on the road.

You dont just blame Ray Allen for that.

OrangeDolphin
06-09-2010, 05:05 AM
U know its bad when Ron Artest had a better shooting night than Allen

heathonater
06-09-2010, 05:22 AM
allen had a horrible day shooting today, but boston had plenty of chances to take the lead and win this game in the 4th quarter. they lost as a team and you can never place the blame for a loss on one player.

D1JM
06-09-2010, 05:27 AM
Just blame it on the refs!!!!!

sugarrayray
06-09-2010, 05:39 AM

Your right, he was pathetic. And frankly it looked to me as if he wasn't even trying on a lot of plays. Half of the game he would just go to the 3 point line and stand. Now I know Doc Rivers runs a terrible offense that has Ray doing nothing if they don't call a play where he runs through screens, but still Ray was horrible. I was thoroughly displeased, and am very saddened/angered on nights when he seems not to try at times.

But how dare you say solely on Allen, when Pierce was almost just as bad. He hit 3 3-pointers yes, but besides that was pitiful. Pierce has been good for a couple games in the playoffs but has been horrible for the rest of the games, and lost this game for the Celtics just as much as Allen did. How dare you not even mention Pierce! How about Glen Davis playing the worst defense ever at the end of the game, committing profoundly stupid fouls for 3 point plays, and missing countless immediate basket area lay-ins? How about Perkins being the worst finisher in the NBA?

I would have loved to see you say you don't want Ray Allen back next year after the last game when he won the game for the Celts.

netsgiantsyanks
06-09-2010, 06:01 AM
:confused: first you savior him for winning game 2 for you guys then when he has a bad shooting night you don't want him back if the celtics lose the finals??? wow

J-Relo
06-09-2010, 06:04 AM

you won game 2 because of him so stop that ****

Raidaz4Life
06-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Well considering he handed you guys game 2 on the road I wouldn't be complaining because either way you'd be down 2-1.

azkarraga
06-09-2010, 08:08 AM
I didnt realized he was the only Celtics player on the game? Where were the others?

BOSTON617
06-09-2010, 08:40 AM
lol im a celtic fan but you can not blame allen for the lose.... allen played the worse out of anyone but he is probaly our best player against the lakers???? and you cant blame pierce because artest is on him... artest is doing a hell of a job guarding pierce but pierce still hit some clutch shots..... overall is you can blame anyone blame the refs bro still a laker win nothing anyone can do about it except play hard and hopefully you take the next 2

pebloemer
06-09-2010, 08:49 AM

I could repeat this post for the many times throughout a season that people blame a single player for a loss. I share your perspective.

69centers
06-09-2010, 09:02 AM
I put most of this on Doc:

1) Drew up a 3 point play with 50 seconds left for Ray, when he's 0 for 12, and Pierce was 3 of 4 from downtown. Ridiculous.

2) Calling that timeout that allowed the refs to review the out of bounds play and give the ball to the Lakers.

3) Did not bring Sheed or Perk back into the game late, when Bynum was struggling and would have had a hard time coming back into the game cold. Baby then got posted up by Gasol. Davis should have never been in the game at the end.

ragee
06-09-2010, 09:04 AM
u win wif his shots and u die wif his shots. Blame ur boy PP too. He sucked sheit. Also, ref was on ur side in the end once again. Wats wif the stupid review rules? You can't call a foul on the play but u can give the ball to the other team? dumbest thing i've seen

That was not the refs fault... Rules are rules... Because of that play though, hopefully, the NBA will revise that rule for the next season...

ragee
06-09-2010, 09:21 AM
I put most of this on Doc:

1) Drew up a 3 point play with 50 seconds left for Ray, when he's 0 for 12, and Pierce was 3 of 4 from downtown. Ridiculous.

2) Calling that timeout that allowed the refs to review the out of bounds play and give the ball to the Lakers.

3) Did not bring Sheed or Perk back into the game late, when Bynum was struggling and would have had a hard time coming back into the game cold. Baby then got posted up by Gasol. Davis should have never been in the game at the end.

That was not best choice of play but it wasn't that stupid either... Ray Allen is clutch... He have proven it several times that it doesn't matter if he is shooting horrendously for the first 40+ mins... He can make that 3... Unfortunately for the Celtics, he was not able to pull through on this game... All is well... This series is far from over... He'll be able to bring his shooting back and hopefully help the Celts win the championship...

69centers
06-09-2010, 09:25 AM
That was not best choice of play but it wasn't that stupid either... Ray Allen is clutch... He have proven it several times that it doesn't matter if he is shooting horrendously for the first 40+ mins... He can make that 3... Unfortunately for the Celtics, he was not able to pull through on this game... All is well... This series is far from over... He'll be able to bring his shooting back and hopefully help the Celts win the championship...

No, it was absolutely stupid. Here's Doc's own quote after the game:

ďNo, itís a hell of a swing,Ē Rivers said. ďIíll tell you that. You know, itís basketball. Thatís why you canít worry about it. Heíll be back in the gym tomorrow and getting ready for the next game. I thought he was pressing early on them and some of them, and honestly, i thought all of his shots looked flat tonight. I didnít think he had any legs. I donít know if the knee and the thigh had anything to do with it, but I just thought he was short on most of his jump shots. Of the 13, I think eight of them were great looks, and all of them were short, all of them were flat. It happens to the best of us.Ē

So, if he felt all his shots were flat, why the hell did he draw up a play for him and not Pierce??? Awful play call.

Truheatfan
06-09-2010, 09:28 AM
kg might have scored more if allen hit some shots because the lakers were just sitting in the paint with that said pierce didnt play well and neither did sheed he shot way to many threes hes never been a consistent 3 point shooter so he should stick to playing in the paint.

m26555
06-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Actually, I think Doc cost the Celtics this game by pulling Garnett in the first quarter and sitting him until about the halfway point of the second. It's no coincidence that the Lakers went on their run when he was out of the game. Boston then went on a 9-0 run as soon as Garnett came back in.

GodsSon
06-09-2010, 09:47 AM
What a joke...without Allen Boston is down 3-0 in the series

mikantsass
06-09-2010, 09:49 AM

That is not true. Allens struggles certainly didnt help but there were a lot of reasons why the C's lost. Horrid free throw shooting, terrible defense in the 2nd Quarter. Too many and1's for LA. Foul trouble for Pierce. Not playing D on Fisher (pick n roll).

To say it is solely on Ray is completely absurd.

The Final Boss
06-09-2010, 09:50 AM
There are more holes in your thread than Greg Popovich's face. So a Kobe Bryant, playing the whole season at 60% has a poor shooting night and it's good defense by Tony Allen?

But Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen getting pretty much shut down in their terms, save for Ray Allen hitting a record setting amount of threes in game 2 (because Bryant was in foul trouble) is the detriment of the team? Not the Lakers defense?

Let's face it guys, the LAKERS are a top defensive unit in this league, and they show it when it matters. But their a finesse team, with Brayant and Gasol...:rolleyes:

Rivera
06-09-2010, 09:58 AM
no

he played bad but its not all on ray

cant blame ray for kg n baby not gettin back on D vs fisher

Sly Guy
06-09-2010, 10:04 AM
shooters aren't supposed to have a conscience. Live with it. They are shots he normally makes.

CowboysKB24
06-09-2010, 10:40 AM

You are ridiculous. Ray was the man after game 2, but now it is all his fault. You don't understand man. Ray Allen is guarding Kobe Bryant all game for 42 minutes (lots of energy and stress) and then on offense he is running around all night to get open looks when little Fisher chasing him and everyone on the Lakers with an eye on him. He had a bad game offensively and there really is no excuse, but he played well defensively. If Kobe didn't shoot 30 percent the Lakers would have score a 100 points. So your logic is BS when you talk about Ray making 3 shots to tie the game.

Lakersho
06-09-2010, 10:42 AM

you know the bad part is even your rivals are telling you , ray just had a bad game . he just won game 2 for you . if you dont get what everyones telling you, maybe its just you.

Gibby23
06-09-2010, 10:42 AM
And he won game 2 for the Celtics. **** evens out. A player always goes back to his % and yesterday brought Ray back.

CowboysKB24
06-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Celtics loss because they didn't play good enough defense on Derrick Fisher. They brought the game within one point in the fourth, so up until then both teams played about even. Lakers finished the game and simply just wanted the game more the Celtics. They fought harder. It was a tough game for both teams all game. No team shot well and both teams played great defense. Lakers just fought harder and edged out the game.

RipVW
06-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Does anyone remember Ray's shooting slump leading up to the finals in 2008? How did the Celtics make it to the finals then? He got it back for the finals but someone had to step up to get them there, right? Where has Paul Pierce been?

And maybe it wasnt such a good idea to get rid of spot up jump shooters and replace them with a player who cant be on the court at the same time as Rondo?

At the same time though, 0-13!!! Are you kidding me Ray? WTH.

Gibby23
06-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Does anyone remember Ray's shooting slump leading up to the finals in 2008? How did the Celtics make it to the finals then? He got it back for the finals but someone had to step up to get them there, right? Where has Paul Pierce been?

And maybe it wasnt such a good idea to get rid of spot up jump shooters and replace them with a player who cant be on the court at the same time as Rondo?

At the same time though, 0-13!!! Are you kidding me Ray? WTH.

Law of averages.

RaptorFan89
06-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Hero in game 2 and goat in game 3...his 9 3-pointers where the only reason Celtics won game two...sure your not a Raptors fan we eat our owne too!lol

RipVW
06-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Law of averages.

Id buy that if it was 3 for 13 but were talking about an 0-fer. He was one away from the worst 0-fer ever.

hugepatsfan
06-09-2010, 11:14 AM

I agree that it would be a totally different ganme if Ray made shots. But I don't get your reasoning. If Ray made the shots that he took anyway, I don't see how that would take away from the shots KG took. If Ray only took 1 shot and someone said the Celts would have won if he made 4 threes I'd get your point. But I don't understand what you're saying here.

ink
06-09-2010, 11:36 AM

Agreed.

JasonJohnHorn
06-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Its unfair to blame any one player. I remember the New York media did the same to John Starks, but as the saying goes; live by the sword, die by the sword. Yeah, Allen had what is likely the worst game of his career, and at the very worst possible time, but he also gave Boston a win in LA. And had Garnett been defending Gasol like he was once able to defend players, and had he be popping in the 18-20 points and 10-14 rebounds like he did in the '08 run, Boston would be up 3-0 right now.

It is NEVER just one players fault. Ever time a guy misses a last second shot, or gets scored on in the final play, or has a bad shooting night, people blame them, and yes the game would have been different it, but there is always a sloppy turnover from another player earlier in the game, or a soft foul that allows a three-point play, or a shot clock violation, or a bad call, and it is all these things that add up to a loss. Boston did not play a perfect game and though Allen was a big reason for the loss, he was not the only one.

RaiderLakersA's
06-09-2010, 11:54 AM

This is a team sport. You can't put that loss all on Ray. As much as I could care less how often you Celtics fans throw your players under buses or eat your young, I think it's reprehensible nonetheless.

NYKstateOFmind
06-09-2010, 11:59 AM
You cant only blame Ray Allen here. He won game 2 for the Celtics the credit just goes to the lakers.

RipVW
06-09-2010, 12:04 PM

You don't want the guy who won you a ring, played the best ball last playoffs to get you get in the second round, and won you a damn Finals game by himself?

Cry me a ****ing river. He had a bad game, but Allen has won you a hell of a lot more games than Boston was doing for years before he joined the team.

Go cry in your corner... You cant blame any team member for a loss. Where is the team spirit. He won you game 2 and then you come back and ask him to win you game 3 as well? Way to come in with the same gameplan that the lakers studied.

Way to blame the Celtics loss on one player. Last time I checked, Boston played team basketball, not individual ball.

Ray Allen was every Celtics fans hero in game 2 and now your calling him out for a bad game in game 3?

Couldn't of said it much better.

that's just a weak and sad attempt to blame the loss on one player.

ray allen had a big affect on the game even if he doesn't make a basket.
do you know how much energy is used from kobe/fisher inorder to chase ray around to put a hand up in his face?
do you realize how many opportunities ray allen gave his teammates just by being on the court and spreading the floor? giving rondo/kg/pierce more room to operate because the guy guarding allen can't leave him to help.

a lot more i can say, but i'll leave it at that.
i just pity those bandwagon fans.

Aside from Fisher's clutch 4th qtr, the Lakers were amazingly unimpressive the entire game and still won on the road.

You dont just blame Ray Allen for that.

And he won game 2 for the Celtics. **** evens out. A player always goes back to his % and yesterday brought Ray back.

LOL. Look at all the Laker fans defend Ray Allen saying you cant blame one player and that its a team game. But when it comes to Cleveland losing, nothing stops them from blaming LeBron. And according to them LA wins because Kobe is better than LeBron and not because he plays on a better team.

BUSTED!!!

Ha!

ink
06-09-2010, 12:09 PM
I agree that it would be a totally different ganme if Ray made shots. But I don't get your reasoning. If Ray made the shots that he took anyway, I don't see how that would take away from the shots KG took. If Ray only took 1 shot and someone said the Celts would have won if he made 4 threes I'd get your point. But I don't understand what you're saying here.

You're right. If Ray went 0-13 it means he already took 13 shots. If a few of those went in the score would have been different and it would NOT have taken away shots from other players. The shots were already taken. So the logic fails.

That said, everyone who made it clear that it's a team game and no one player loses a game, are right. Using the same logic it's clear that no one player completely wins a game either. It's a team game and anyone who undervalues each contributor is not really a fan of this team sport.

avrpatsfan
06-09-2010, 12:11 PM
I blame the loss on Pierce as well. But the reason Ray looked so bad was because he was so tired from game 2. Also he got hit early in the game so that might have affected his shot as well.

Bluffmasta
06-09-2010, 12:24 PM
You're right. If Ray went 0-13 it means he already took 13 shots. If a few of those went in the score would have been different and it would NOT have taken away shots from other players. The shots were already taken. So the logic fails.

That said, everyone who made it clear that it's a team game and no one player loses a game, are right. Using the same logic it's clear that no one player completely wins a game either. It's a team game and anyone who undervalues each contributor is not really a fan of this team sport.

ok but then the argument could be made for any player that missed a shot, kobe missed like 20 shots or more if those went in then it would of been a blowout.

clehmun
06-09-2010, 12:29 PM

I think he was trying to say, if ray allen made a few of the 13 he took, he would have taken even more shots. but because he kept missing, he was slightly hesitant and passed out a few shots that he thought would be makeable if he was feeling hot.
ie. ray took 20 shots in game 2 even though lakers' defense had more focus on him that game because he was on fire.

atleast that's what i think he was saying.

mdlr52192
06-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Lakers fans would be having a field day if you were the coach of the Celtics :laugh2:

If there's one person on the Celtics who I want to have the ball with 2 seconds left down 3 on the road of a finals game, it's Allen BY FAR

Impulse
06-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Every player has bad games. I don't think anyone could have predicted that Ray would miss that many shots in a row. He's an excellent shooter and I don't think he was wrong for assuming one of his shots would eventually fall.

Teeboy1487
06-09-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't think Ray Allen should be solely the blame for the lost. Even though he shot poorly, Boston still had a chance to win the game. That game was ugly across the board. The lakers just made more plays down the stretch.

td0tsfinest
06-09-2010, 12:43 PM
It is a team game and you can't blame the loss on one player but Ray Allen is an integral part of the Boston Celtics. He definitely needs to play better for the Cs to win games. He's the celtics best shooter but for him to score 2 pts in 42 minutes while scoring nothing form the field is unacceptable.

Stunner
06-09-2010, 12:48 PM
:facepalm: boston fan

still1ballin
06-09-2010, 12:50 PM
LoLz

clehmun
06-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Every player has bad games. I don't think anyone could have predicted that Ray would miss that many shots in a row. He's an excellent shooter and I don't think he was wrong for assuming one of his shots would eventually fall.

exactly. if he made that shot and celtics win, it'd be one of the biggest redeem performance in the history of finals.

a great shooter like allen can miss 20 in a row then make the biggest shot in the game.

it's kind of like ron artest (not comparing players) vs suns in game 5. 1/8 horrible shooting, a lot of mental mistakes, then phil leaves him in the game, and he makes a put back buzzer beater, and everyone's happy.

if he missed that put back or never even grabbed that board, people would be saying phil should have put sasha, brown, farmar or walton in the game to spread the floor for kobe.

one game does not make or break a player, not to mention a play.

masalex1205
06-09-2010, 12:55 PM
well he won game 2 by himself though

Byronicle
06-09-2010, 01:16 PM
lol he just broke a record for 3pters in Game 2...

i guess there are other raptor fans out there, just wearing different uniforms ;)

ink
06-09-2010, 01:30 PM
ok but then the argument could be made for any player that missed a shot, kobe missed like 20 shots or more if those went in then it would of been a blowout.

Well that's one of the reasons why fans have to understand that players go through streaks. You can't ever count hypothetical points.

But I was saying that the other guy's logic failed because he wouldn't need to take any more shots to have made an impact.

I think he was trying to say, if ray allen made a few of the 13 he took, he would have taken even more shots. but because he kept missing, he was slightly hesitant and passed out a few shots that he thought would be makeable if he was feeling hot.
ie. ray took 20 shots in game 2 even though lakers' defense had more focus on him that game because he was on fire.

atleast that's what i think he was saying.

I agree that's what he was saying but the logic didn't work.

Even if Ray had hit 3 or 4 out of 13 -- not unreasonable for a shooter like Allen -- it would have changed the game. He would still be shooting poorly, therefore passing as you say, but it would have made an impact on the game.

Fact is, it didn't happen and there's no point speculating about what-ifs.

The game gets won and lost by the team. Allen is no more to blame in this game than Kobe was in Game 2 or KG was in Game 1. These players pick each other up. They are playing against another elite team with elite defenders and they are bound to have off games.

Avenged
06-09-2010, 01:34 PM
LOL. Look at all the Laker fans defend Ray Allen saying you cant blame one player and that its a team game. But when it comes to Cleveland losing, nothing stops them from blaming LeBron. And according to them LA wins because Kobe is better than LeBron and not because he plays on a better team.

BUSTED!!!

Ha!

The Celtics play team basketball, they work together as a group.

In Cleveland, Lebron runs the show there. If he doesn't come through, their team loses.

The Celtics have so many weapons, if someone is off, another player will pick up the slack.

2 totally different situations.

We shouldn't even be defending a Celtics player but blaming a loss on him is unfair.

Mplsman
06-09-2010, 01:44 PM
It's hard to blame it ALL on him seeing how he took over in game 2, but yes he played a huge part in the loss of game 3.

RipVW
06-09-2010, 01:46 PM
The Celtics play team basketball, they work together as a group.

In Cleveland, Lebron runs the show there. If he doesn't come through, their team loses.

The Celtics have so many weapons, if someone is off, another player will pick up the slack.

2 totally different situations.

We shouldn't even be defending a Celtics player but blaming a loss on him is unfair.

Wow. With that kind of contortion, youre going to need a chiropractor.

That is some serious tap dancing. Sammy Davis Jr would be proud.

Avenged
06-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Wow. With that kind of contortion, youre going to need a chiropractor.

That is some serious tap dancing. Sammy Davis Jr would be proud.

Yeah, I guess I'd say the same thing if I didn't have anything back to say.

albertc86
06-09-2010, 01:51 PM
By the same token, you can say the Celtics won game two because of Allen's three-point barrage. Granted, game three was an aberration for him (to say the least) but Kobe didn't have a particularly Kobe-like game either, even though he got his points. In my opinion, Ray Allen shooting threes all day is fool's gold even though he's the best at it. Garnett made up for Allen's disappearing act, though.

RipVW
06-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I guess I'd say the same thing if I didn't have anything back to say.

You have to give me something to respond to first, guy. Throwing spaghetti against the wall doesnt do that.

Avenged
06-09-2010, 01:53 PM
You have to give me something to respond to first, guy. Throwing spaghetti against the wall doesnt do that.

You call out Laker fans for defending Ray Allen when clearly BOS plays team basketball but complain that we don't defend Lebron when clearly he runs the show in Cleveland. We can't defend everybody.

JabberJaw
06-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Ray Allen doesnt have the game of his life in game 2 and the Celtic's would have come back home down 0-2. Paul Pierce didn't do much, neither did Rondo. Perkins doesn't give you anything offensively. KG had the highest scoring playoff in years, from him. There's all sorts of variables. If Kobe, Pau or Bynum were as efficient as they've been in the first 2 games it would've been a blowout. No one player makes or breaks your team. That's why you win and lose as a team. Someone else has to step up and pick the team up.
To say the Lakers didn't outplay the Celtics, and Ray Allen is solely blame is ludacris. The Lakers were up by 15 or 17 pts and were in the lead for a mass majority of the game. They absorbed the C's run and then shut the door. Team game. Team win/loss. It happens

GSW Hoops
06-09-2010, 02:20 PM
If you're going to blame a loss on Ray Allen, blame the game 2 WIN solely on his shoulders too.

PrettyBoyJ
06-09-2010, 02:31 PM
first you praise the guy game 2 now you fault him for game 3.. I suppose Boston loses the series you wouldnt want to resign him?

69centers
06-09-2010, 02:38 PM
I blame the loss on Pierce as well. But the reason Ray looked so bad was because he was so tired from game 2. Also he got hit early in the game so that might have affected his shot as well.

Yes, on a dirty play by Artest.

sep11ie
06-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Well, without him you wouldn't have won game 2.

sep11ie
06-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Yes, on a dirty play by Artest.

Are you really gnna comment or complain on dirty plays?

PatsSoxKnicks
06-09-2010, 03:19 PM

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on PSD (and I've seen my fair share). Nothing else needs to be said.

kblo247
06-09-2010, 03:37 PM
I also want to say I don't give a damn if Ray was 0-20, like I didn't give a damn Fisher was like 0-5 from the 3pt line versus Orlando in game 4 last year.

The fact is you ride with what got you to the dance and just like Fisher has hit plenty of clutch shots for LA, Allen has hit many for Boston.

You should have that faith in him.

ElMarroAfamado
06-09-2010, 04:00 PM
blame rondo too
it becomes a little easier to defend when the defender can sag off like 15 feet off you and leave you wide open and you refuse to take the jumpshot

Bruno
06-09-2010, 04:20 PM

I dono, he's the reason why you guys won game two. To say you don't want him back is a little harsh.

myqntab
06-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Are you really gnna comment or complain on dirty plays?

i laughed when i saw this as well....

$KnicksAndKobe$
06-09-2010, 04:39 PM

Wow so much disrespect ... you're fan???
Your in the finals BECAUSE of Ray Allen and you are just gonna give up on him because of one game and possibly one final series?!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Have some appreciation for your own players ...

sep11ie
06-09-2010, 06:00 PM
i laughed when i saw this as well....

hy? The Celtics are the dirtiest team in the league. All they do is talk ****, cheap shot, flop, and cry to the refs. I told my boy the other day when we were watching the last Celtics Movie how I couldn't believe this team is in the finals.

L@ker4Life
06-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Lakers fans should just let Boston blame their players...who cares. Let them single out a individual player....at the end of the day I dont give a shat!!!

Go Lakers!!!

Prove PP right, and don't come back to LA!!

GspLAL
06-09-2010, 06:08 PM
If Ray Allen made a couple of his shots, that could have altered Lakers offense as well, it might have not taken anything away from KG now that I think about it, but if he did make a 3 or two, who's to say Lakers don't come back and attempt to shoot a 3 instead of going in for a 2? you can't simply say if he hit a couple of his shots Celtics would have won.